PDA

View Full Version : Marsella

Ozyhibby
27-04-2014, 06:37 PM
After a really disastrous January window (3 players signed, none good enough for the 1st team) and the performance of our Goalie dipping since he arrived, he is going to have to improve big time over the summer.
A failure so far.

Blaster
27-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Not when there was limited budget in January. Trust me it wasn't his or butchers fault that there was little budget in January.

Michael
27-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Not when there was limited budget in January. Trust me it wasn't his or butchers fault that there was little budget in January.

Whereas Inverness are well known for their huge player budget?

Blaster
27-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Whereas Inverness are well known for their huge player budget?

We had nothing to spend. All the money had gone for the season. Compensation meant we had nowt left. And i mean nowt

IberianHibernian
27-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Not when there was limited budget in January. Trust me it wasn't his or butchers fault that there was little budget in January.Even if we stay up , is there likely to be much more money available in summer ? Last 2 seasons we had cup money , this year we`ll have fewer season ticket holders . 3 signings will have cost something and so far have been failures . Money to pay off Fenlon and ICT could have been spent on a couple of decent signings - managerisl change in November was a huge mistake .

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Sack everybody. :panic:

LioNeilMessi
27-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Seems like a waste having him here on match days when there are games he could be out scouting.

Blaster
27-04-2014, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=IberianHibernian;3986568]Even if we stay up , is there likely to be much more money available in summer ? Last 2 seasons we had cup money , this year we`ll have fewer season ticket holders . 3 signings will have cost something and so far have been failures . Money to pay off Fenlon and ICT could have been spent on a couple of decent signings - managerisl change in November was a huge mistake .[/QUOTE
Decent money. Not great but better than the majority of other teams. You cant say Fenlon wasn't backed. Look at how many players he signed. Money will be available

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Seems like a waste having him here on match days when there are games he could be out scouting.

:agree: He just sits there. Scott Thompson should still be the GK coach.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2014, 07:12 PM
off topic a bit but, why were no hibs players warming up on the pitch at HT :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 07:14 PM
off topic a bit but, why were no hibs players warming up on the pitch at HT :confused:

They never do under Butcher. He must have them in for the team talk.

Has been the case since he came in - even when we were winning matches.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2014, 07:19 PM

it's the first game i've been at where i actually got back in time for the 2nd half starting, weren't many queuing for the overpriced snacks today

Ozyhibby
27-04-2014, 07:26 PM

You must be marvo the memory man!
:-)

AlbertK86
27-04-2014, 07:29 PM

He's still getting paid by us and was gutted he was told to leave

Weir7
27-04-2014, 07:32 PM

Stll getting paid by hibs and listed in programme as golie coach but butcher don't want him

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Stll getting paid by hibs and listed in programme as golie coach but butcher don't want him

We need to bring back Gordon Marshall :grr:

sean
27-04-2014, 08:23 PM
I have heard from numerous sources that The GK coach is down south half the week and Ben Williams is running the ship during the week.

greenlex
27-04-2014, 08:33 PM
After a really disastrous January window (3 players signed, none good enough for the 1st team) and the performance of our Goalie dipping since he arrived, he is going to have to improve big time over the summer.
A failure so far. Serious lack of budget in January. Any playing budget spent on actually getting the management team in place. The building work starts in the Summer.

sean
27-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Failing to grasp we have crap players. We have some poor ones like most squads. We have some good individual players with good pedigree.

VivaHiberņa
27-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I have heard from numerous sources that The GK coach is down south half the week and Ben Williams is running the ship during the week.

Jaysus.

Pub team coaching would explain the pub team defending.

sean
27-04-2014, 08:39 PM
It just sums up what a hopeless club hibs really are. A Scottish footballing institution just drifting.

hibbysam
29-04-2014, 03:33 PM
All the goalies are hating Marsella's training methods and the fact that he juggles his time between scouting and coaching them. They were also perplexed when Scott Thomson was asked to leave as they enjoyed working under him.

I seem to agree as well, Marsella surely cannot do both jobs as well as they need to be done at a club our size? He should be spending all week on the move locating targets and let someone else do the job with the keepers IMO.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-04-2014, 03:41 PM
All the goalies are hating Marsella's training methods and the fact that he juggles his time between scouting and coaching them. They were also perplexed when Scott Thomson was asked to leave as they enjoyed working under him.

I seem to agree as well, Marsella surely cannot do both jobs as well as they need to be done at a club our size? He should be spending all week on the move locating targets and let someone else do the job with the keepers IMO.

Scott Thompsom should still be doing it.

TheFamous1875
29-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Hopefully one of the first things e new CEO will change is re-appointing Scott Thomson as the goalie coach and having Marsella exclusively as head scout (if that's in her jurisdiction or not, I'm not sure).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ekhibee
29-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Just out of curiosity, was Scott Thomson the goalkeeping coach before Williams arrived? What was the gap between Marshall leaving and Williams coming in?

green day
29-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Ah, yet another negative thread.

Do some people have NOTHING else to do?

Get a grip.

DAVE1875
29-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Marsella should purely be the scout and leave Scott Thomson to the goalkeeper coaching

SaulGoodman
29-04-2014, 03:59 PM
What a pish thread

offshorehibby
29-04-2014, 05:09 PM
TB decides what Marsella does, do you think he just turns up when he fancy's it.

hibbysam
29-04-2014, 05:43 PM
TB decides what Marsella does, do you think he just turns up when he fancy's it.

No... But when you have a goalkeeping coach already in place and doing just fine, then bring in someone completely different, who is really a scout, to take the goalkeepers, when they were happy enough at the work they were doing and it seemed to be working, it is going to cause a few problems, which it seems to have done.

Oh and on that note, tell me how a head scout, can also take goalkeepers 6/7 days a week and still scout players? When most games are on Saturdays and he is at ER with our team..? Heard a lot about long journeys and sleeping overnight in cars etc when he left Caley, he surely can't do that as well as take our goalies!

southern hibby
29-04-2014, 06:00 PM

I noticed this too. However there definately was 3 players I'n the dug out at half time. They never went down the tunnel which I find strange. GGTTH

weonlywon6-2
29-04-2014, 06:49 PM

This winning games,what is this concept ??