PDA

View Full Version : player ratings

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Sold the game with two ridiculous pieces of set play defending. A few positive displays but most of us got what we were expecting.

Williams 6

McGivern 5 He's been rotten for so long it was a surprise that he made some decent contributions, best of a collectively shocking defence.
Nelson 2 His distribution let us down again and again. Appalling player, despite 'commitment'.
Forster 3 Whether you think he's let down by Nelson or is just rank rotten depends on your point of view, but obviously at fault again today. I liked him better at RB but Im in the minority I think.
Maybury 4

Robertson 3 Really poor, but in mitigation probably not match fit.
Thomson 6 won his battle with Stevenson and did well

Stanton 6
Harris 6
Craig 5 like McGivern, improved on his recent shocking displays but faded second half.

Cummings 7 MOTM.

Subs
Watmore: some good, some bad but can actually beat a man.
Collins: times up im afraid.

Northernhibee
27-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Williams - 5

Maybury - 6
Nelson - 6
Forster - 4
McGivern - 5

Robertson - 4
Thomson - 6.5
Craig - 5
Harris - 7
Stanton - 7

Cummings - 6

GlasgowHibee
27-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Williams - 5

Maybury - 4
Nelson - 2
Forster 3 (only gets an extra mark for his goal)
McGivern - 3 put himself about but ultimately couldn't get lose to his man every time they attacked.

Robertson - 4, lacked match fitness, not his fault.
KT - 6 our MOTM, beggars belief how he hasn't started more in Butcher's tenure.
Craig - 3 imposter.
Harris - 2, ****bag.

Stanton - 5 tried hard but had no support from his teammates
Cummings - 5, see above.

Butcher - 0
Collins - -10

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Williams 5- Nothing really to do but felt he did his 'punch of thin air' a couple of times and would like to see his involvement in the first goal again

Maybury 5- Nothing really of note apart from a couple of stupid challenges. Some good interceptions.
Forster 4- Bumped up due to his great run for the goal. Sold both goals by losing Paterson and really doesn't convince at centre back at all
Nelson 5- Nothing bad defensively but his balls forward are very poor.
McGivern 5- Rash in the tackle, looks a liability and didn't get forward enough

Robertson 4- Worked hard but clearly not fit enough
Thomson 7- Controlled parts of the game and only one with composure in possession
Craig 5- Woeful one minute, ok the next.
Stanton 6- Ok. Worked hard but hardly in the game
Harris 6- Drifted in and out but better from him

Cummings 7- Fought for everything and worked really hard. Showed good hold up play but too isolated.

Subs:
Collins 2 Cant trap a ball, struggles to pass a ball. THAT MISS.
Watmore 6- Why did he not start? Whole team looked more dangerous when he came on

Hibstrooper
27-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Williams 4 - Can't defend set pieces

Maybury 6 - More desire than any of the rest of the defence
Forster 5 - +1 for the goal but just not good enough
Nelson 3 - just bog off
McGivern 5 - meh

Thomson 6 - passion
Robertson 6 - welcome back. Fully fit would be a massive player for us.

Harris 5 - got a bit better as game went on but heart of a mouse
Stanton 5 - in and out of the game, need 90 minutes from him
Craig 4 - Captian NoHeart

Cummings 6 - couldn't ask much more from the laddie

Watmore 4 - lost all confidence
Collins 1 - oh dear

Sammy7nil
27-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Williams 4
Failed to command his area at 2 crosses very little else to do
McGivern 4
Liability booked early then HOOF out the park more often than not
Nelson 2
Dear of dear 'commitment' is all he has .
Forster 5
Scored and the only player who attacked the ball in their boxStill a laddie but has promise
Maybury 5
Okay
Robertson 4
Poor, but could still be the one to save us
Thomson 6
Easily hibs best player that was not hard

Stanton 2
Hid the whole game pressure looks too much at this stage of development
Harris 4
Hopeless 1st half got a bit better in the 2nd
Craig 3
Cannot believe how poor he has been I thought he was a player before he arrived at ER
Cummings 5
Tried hard and couple of decent turns too much to ask him to play the lone striker role

Subs
Watmore: 5 Not great but gave us options and turned the game to give us a chance
Collins: 1 He wont be here long may be better after he leaves as he surely cannot be this bad

hibee_girl
27-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Williams 4 - far too much hesitation today

Maybury 6 - some outstandingly timed tackles from him today
Forster 5 - good attack for the goal but he needs to be better at his actual position
Nelson 3 - hmm
McGivern 5 - played a lot better than he has done in the last few weeks, not so much leathering the ball down the pitch at 100mph, some good crosses

Harris 6 - didn't start of great (how hard is it to keep a ball in?) but he picked up as the game went on, he drove us on in the 2nd half
Robertson 5 - did ok
Thomson 8 - best player on the pitch by a mile, he seems to have discovered pace all of a sudden :greengrin
Stanton 5 - looked lively but never really did much
Craig 5 - an improvement but he stands still far too much, he needs to realise he has to move for the ball

Cummings 6 - did well, held it up well etc but he can only do so much on his own

Subs:

Collins 1 - not great
Watmore 3 - looked lively

LioNeilMessi
27-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Williams - 5

Maybury - 4
Nelson - 2
Forster 3 (only gets an extra mark for his goal)
McGivern - 3 put himself about but ultimately couldn't get lose to his man every time they attacked.

Robertson - 4, lacked match fitness, not his fault.
KT - 6 our MOTM, beggars belief how he hasn't started more in Butcher's tenure.
Craig - 3 imposter.
Harris - 2, ****bag.

Stanton - 5 tried hard but had no support from his teammates
Cummings - 5, see above.

Butcher - 0
Collins - -10

Load of nonsense, Harris looked decent.

GlasgowHibee
27-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Load of nonsense, Harris looked decent.

Scared of his own shadow, compare his determination and fight to Robinson/Holt's.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Williams .... 4 ........ His lack of presence in the 6 yard box didn't help at either goal.

Maybury ... 4 ...... did his best, but its testimony to our utter ineptitude in signing players that he's on the park at all.

Forster ... 4 .... Why is this guy playing in defence, he's our best striker.

Nelson ... 3 .... sorry mate but ... WTF ..... You don't lack effort ... just everything else.

McGivern .... 5 .... achieved his aim of getting booked in the first half hour, but did try to get forward... some Nelson like passing.

Craig ..... 3 ...... If his feet were as fast as his mouth he would be *** Messi. I could take corners for 2 grand a week.

Stanton ..... 7 ..... 5 for his contribution and 2 sympathy points for having his clear promise endangered by having to play in this team.

Thomson .... 7 .... humble pie time for me ... our best player by a mile

Robertson ..... 5 ..... didn't do much, but it was good to see him back .....clearly not match fit.

Harris ..... 6 ..... I though he was good in the 2nd half, but he is clearly afraid to tackle after his injury.... he needs to get over it or it will ruin the career of a very promising young player ...... like Stanton its a shame he has to play in this team.

Cummings .... 6 ..... good effort from the lad ...... see Stanton / Harris.

Subs:

Collins .....2 .... might as well have been Phil Collins

Watmore .... 4 .... I don't think he knows what he is about to do half the time, but at least he tries to be positive every time.

hibbymick
27-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Williams 5- Nothing really to do but felt he did his 'punch of thin air' a couple of times and would like to see his involvement in the first goal again

Maybury 5- Nothing really of note apart from a couple of stupid challenges. Some good interceptions.
Forster 4- Bumped up due to his great run for the goal. Sold both goals by losing Paterson and really doesn't convince at centre back at all
Nelson 5- Nothing bad defensively but his balls forward are very poor.
McGivern 5- Rash in the tackle, looks a liability and didn't get forward enough

Robertson 4- Worked hard but clearly not fit enough
Thomson 7- Controlled parts of the game and only one with composure in possession
Craig 5- Woeful one minute, ok the next.
Stanton 6- Ok. Worked hard but hardly in the game
Harris 6- Drifted in and out but better from him

Cummings 7- Fought for everything and worked really hard. Showed good hold up play but too isolated.

Subs:
Collins 2 Cant trap a ball, struggles to pass a ball. THAT MISS.
Watmore 6- Why did he not start? Whole team looked more dangerous when he came on

This :aok:

Hibby 2005
27-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Williams at fault for first goal which was crucial.

Hibee-Wylie
27-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Williams - 6

Maybury - 7
Nelson - 3
Forster - 4
McGivern - 5

Robertson - 4
Thomson -7
Craig - 5
Harris - 6
Stanton - 6

Cummings - 6

Maybury had a not bad game in fairness, as well as Thomson

LancsHibs
27-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Collins .....2 .... might as well have been Phil Collins

'Against all Odds' Phil would never have missed that chance, unfortunately James did and it's 'Just Another Night in Paradise' for the Jambos:boo hoo:

LancsHibs
27-04-2014, 09:09 PM
For me pass marks for Maybury, Robertson, Stanton & Harris. Was impressed with Jason Cummings hold up play and work ethic and KT was my MOTM a class above! When he spoke after the game he sounded genuinely upset and passionate about the club.
Nelson, Craig & Collins.....oh dear!

DH1875
27-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Can't believe folk are having a go at Harris. Far from our worst player today.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Pass marks for Thomson and Cummings.

Distribution from the back is a huge issue. It's impossible to build anything. And it's a shame out centre halve won't go and attack the ball in our own bloody box like Forster did in theirs.

Lee
27-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Scared of his own shadow, compare his determination and fight to Robinson/Holt's.

Robinson? That wee knob goes down like a sniper victim if you even look at him the wrong way!

Harris could be a bit braver on occasion with 50/50s, but Robinson (and most of that hearts team) are a bunch of diving fairies

Lee
27-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Only Thomson, Maybury and Cummings deserve anything above pass marks.

Harris did okay, Stanton was in and out of the game, Williams didn't have too much to do and Robertson will get better when fully fit (and had to be subbed after a couple of challenges straight after he got booked) the rest who started dont deserve a mark.

Why Craig started and Watmore didn't when we persist with playing one up front just baffles me!

FromTheCapital
27-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Williams (5) - not his fault

Maybury (5) - did alright to be fair

Forster (5) - header was terrific, lad has got promise

Nelson (2) - McPake is better, Nelson is absolutely awful

McGivern (4) - decent ball in for the goal, nothing apart from that

Harris (4) - absolute *****bag. Afraid of his own shadow

Robertson (4) - Should've been sent off. Didn't look ready

Thomson (7) - composed on the ball, a class above

Craig (3) - No first touch, little quality, ***** captain

Stanton (5) - the young lad worked hard but unusually, didn't do an awful lot

Cummings (7) - just pipped to the post for mom by KT, worked hard, brought others into play, hes got a lot of potential

Subs:

Collins (2) - how did he miss? My eyes are burning

Watmore (4) - too lightweight, fast but not much else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Williams (5) - not his fault

Maybury (5) - did alright to be fair

Forster (5) - header was terrific, lad has got promise

Nelson (2) - McPake is better, Nelson is absolutely awful

McGivern (4) - decent ball in for the goal, nothing apart from that

Harris (4) - absolute *****bag. Afraid of his own shadow

Robertson (4) - Should've been sent off. Didn't look ready

Thomson (7) - composed on the ball, a class above

Craig (3) - No first touch, little quality, ***** captain

Stanton (5) - the young lad worked hard but unusually, didn't do an awful lot

Cummings (7) - just pipped to the post for mom by KT, worked hard, brought others into play, hes got a lot of potential

Subs:

Collins (2) - how did he miss? My eyes are burning

Watmore (4) - too lightweight, fast but not much else

Nelson was no worse than Forster at the back. Forster also lost his man for both goals...

FromTheCapital
28-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Nelson was no worse than Forster at the back. Forster also lost his man for both goals...

Nelson was a clear and country mile worse than Forster today. The laddie is constantly having to cover for Nelson's mistakes! I still prefer Forster at RB but he would be a very decent CB next to someone good like Hanlon.

jdships
28-04-2014, 08:09 AM
:agree::thumbsup:

SMAXXA
28-04-2014, 08:17 AM
For me pass marks for Maybury, Robertson, Stanton & Harris. Was impressed with Jason Cummings hold up play and work ethic and KT was my MOTM a class above! When he spoke after the game he sounded genuinely upset and passionate about the club.
Nelson, Craig & Collins.....oh dear!

Which makes it even more unreal that we don't want to keep him yet a number of our rivals want him and a certain new championship team are desperate to get him.

jeffers
28-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Which makes it even more unreal that we don't want to keep him yet a number of our rivals want him and a certain new championship team are desperate to get him.

I'm hoping some of the recent quotes from TB suggest they are reconsidering that. Imo it would a terrible decision if they don't offer him a new deal, by far and away the best midfielder we have at the club.

easty
28-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Just watched the highlights on BBC website just now.

Williams was so poor for the first goal.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Just watched the highlights on BBC website just now.

Williams was so poor for the first goal.

:agree:

Craigs attempt to head it off the line though:faf:

MrSmith
28-04-2014, 11:25 AM
An Interesting read and perhaps, for me anyway, there may be players to build the team around.

interesting in that the following players got similar marks from all.

Robertson
Thomson
Harris
Stanton
Cummings

We should try to keep KT and begin the process of building upon instead of adding squad type players to the five above. I'm in two minds about Forster but am sure there is something there to work with. Robertson, has always looked a good player, in my view, so, give him time to get fit and back in the way of it. I like Lewis Stevenson too however, most of the rest can go!

hopefully we can build upon because I for one, cannot go through more seasons of these mediocre journeymen/squad players being added who care little of being a professional and even worse, give nothing to or in our team!

GreenPJ
28-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Williams - 4
Maybury - 6 (he knows pace is an issue but timed so many tackles well)
Forster - 4 (his goal got him an extra point)
Nelson - 3 (his lack of goal didn't get him an extra point and am convinced that his distribution, along with McGivern and Craig is our biggest problem at the moment)
McGivern - 5 (too many silly tackles early on that gave them free-kicks into the box but a tad better than recently)
Craig - 3 - (not a captain and wants way too long on the ball and so many times just hoofs the ball up the park in hope)
Thomson - 7 (give him the captaincy for the remaining games - he had some quiet periods but the best we have - at the moment)
Stanton - 6 (when we really threatened it was primarily from Stanton driving through the middle - he is great talent but needs support)
Robertson - 5 (the game came a week too early for him, I like his passion, even at the end he was the only player to applaud the fans and he looked gutted)
Harris - 5 (a couple of decent things but still lacking in confidence)
Cummings - 8 (great display from the young lad, I always wanted to give Collins credit for getting rubbish service but Cummings showed him how to do it, once he gets a goal am sure he will be a real player for us)

Watmore - 4 (pace but too easily pushed off the ball and pretty poor delivery)
Collins - 1 (I feel sorry for the lad, no confidence)

Potty78
28-04-2014, 12:14 PM

That desperate they get in touch before the derby!

SMAXXA
28-04-2014, 12:24 PM
That desperate they get in touch before the derby!

Why do you think the Sunday papers chose to run the story yesterday hmm timing impeccable as always

borstalboy
29-04-2014, 10:39 AM
After watching the highlights once more, I'm a bit disappointed with the Goalie on the 2nd goal, Paterson heads it in from around 4 yards out!!....the keepers got to come and get something on it, there was no one in his way!

I know a lot of folk like this guy, but I think considering how poor that position has been for several years, that actually makes him seem better than he is imo.

GreenOnions
29-04-2014, 11:30 AM
An Interesting read and perhaps, for me anyway, there may be players to build the team around.

interesting in that the following players got similar marks from all.

Robertson
Thomson
Harris
Stanton
Cummings

We should try to keep KT and begin the process of building upon instead of adding squad type players to the five above. I'm in two minds about Forster but am sure there is something there to work with. Robertson, has always looked a good player, in my view, so, give him time to get fit and back in the way of it. I like Lewis Stevenson too however, most of the rest can go!

hopefully we can build upon because I for one, cannot go through more seasons of these mediocre journeymen/squad players being added who care little of being a professional and even worse, give nothing to or in our team!

I would definitely add Paul Hanlon to that list and make him vice-captain with KT as captain. I agree with you about Forster and Stevenson too. Not sure Forster is quite ready to be first pick centre-half if we manage to get another CH. Ideally Hanlon plus an experienced new CH beside him with Forster in reserve IMO. I would also keep Liam Craig because I definitely believe he has the ability to be a top player for us.

Isn't it interesting that (with the exception of Robertson and Craig) all the players who have either done well or shown promise have at some point come up through our own ranks?

MrSmith
29-04-2014, 11:49 AM
I would definitely add Paul Hanlon to that list and make him vice-captain with KT as captain. I agree with you about Forster and Stevenson too. Not sure Forster is quite ready to be first pick centre-half if we manage to get another CH. Ideally Hanlon plus an experienced new CH beside him with Forster in reserve IMO. I would also keep Liam Craig because I definitely believe he has the ability to be a top player for us.

Isn't it interesting that (with the exception of Robertson and Craig) all the players who have either done well or shown promise have at some point come up through our own ranks?

Yep, I forgot about Hanlon and Liam deserves a chance to prove himself.

I am of the opinion that we should choose our team from 'home grown' players but add a few real good professional quality experienced players to firstly enhance the team but also to bring the younger players up to their level.

GreenOnions
29-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Yep, I forgot about Hanlon and Liam deserves a chance to prove himself.

I am of the opinion that we should choose our team from 'home grown' players but add a few real good professional quality experienced players to firstly enhance the team but also to bring the younger players up to their level.

I agree completely. Although we will have several positions to fill for next season it would be great if one or two of them could be filled by players from the U-20s who have yet to establish themselves in the first team such as Cummings, Black, Baptie or others.

........................Goalkeeper

Right Back...Centre Back..Hanlon..Left Back

................Robertson...Thomson
Harris/Craig....................................Winger
..............Stanton/Cummings
...............................Striker

Subs: Murdoch, Forster, Black, Baptie, Stevenson, Craig/Harris, Stanton/Cummings

I'm still clinging onto the hope that Kevin Thomson might stay. If that's the case then that's six players required for the first 11 plus aat least one other striker if we had a formation something like the above.

MrSmith
29-04-2014, 12:59 PM
I agree completely. Although we will have several positions to fill for next season it would be great if one or two of them could be filled by players from the U-20s who have yet to establish themselves in the first team such as Cummings, Black, Baptie or others.

Subs: Murdoch, Forster, Black, Baptie, Stevenson, Craig/Harris, Stanton/Cummings

I'm still clinging onto the hope that Kevin Thomson might stay. If that's the case then that's six players required for the first 11 plus aat least one other striker if we had a formation something like the above.

Yep that's my take on it too! Hopefully throughout all of this mess, there may be a light appearing! :thumbsup:

DH1875
29-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Hate to tell you this but Nelson, McGivern and Collins are all gonna be hear next season.

snooky
29-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Hate to tell you this but Nelson, McGivern and Collins are all gonna be hear next season.

Oh dere :wink:

emerald green
29-04-2014, 06:31 PM

Maybe not. I heard both Barca and Bayern Munich were interested in one or two of them as they need to replace some of their squad with players who are comfortable on the ball and can play nice football on the ground...