PDA

View Full Version : Hearts bench being investigated by police?

Aaron
27-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Can anyone who was there shed some light on this?

Allegedly after their 2nd goal went in the Hearts bench celebrated by squirting the Hibs fans with water then throwing their bottles into our support.

stoneyburn hibs
27-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Should replay the game.

Badabing
27-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Personally I don't have the stomach for that. Fed up watching those scarf twirling inbreds celebrate.

IanM
27-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Can anyone who was there shed some light on this?

Allegedly after their 2nd goal went in the Hearts bench celebrated by squirting the Hibs fans with water then throwing their bottles into our support.

haha what a crime! Hearts bench celebrating.. Squirting water is now a criminal offence. Seen a few lighters getting flung from the Hibs end. Let's just call it part of the derby

27-04-2014, 04:27 PM
If true then thats pretty classless from hearts (not that i would expect anything less from those tramps) but certainly no need for police to be involved in ffs.

LioNeilMessi
Should replay the game.

:agree:

Aaron
haha what a crime! Hearts fans celebrating.. Squirting water is now a criminal offence. Seen a few lighters getting flung from the Hibs end. Let's just call it part of the derby

It was not the fans - it was the Hearts bench....apparently.

Beefster
Between Malpas swearing and some water getting sprayed at them, that bunch behind the dugouts are turning into a right bunch of jessies.

Cool_Hand_Luke
27-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Saw the big tall guy with blonde hair squirting orange juice from his mouth in the general direction behind the dugout, not sure if it reached as far to hit anyone, but given the reaction of some nearer the dugout, i think some of it must have. There may have been more to it, just caught that bit through the corner of my eye..

sleeping giant
27-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Between Malpas swearing and some water getting sprayed at them, that bunch behind the dugouts are turning into a right bunch of jessies.

:faf:

green day
27-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Who cares, at least they support the team and have them fired up.

Wouldn't you give them the 'get it right up ye' if you were in that boat?

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 04:32 PM

:top marks

jeffers
27-04-2014, 04:34 PM

Hilarious.

easty
27-04-2014, 04:40 PM

Correct.

Spike Mandela
27-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Nothing to do with being Jessies. The guy was bang out of order. Nobody minds a laugh but that was disgusting.

Could you imagine if Leigh Griffiths squirted water from his mouth on to opposition fans? It would be front page of the papers tomorrow and there would be cries to hve him hung, drawn and quartered.

SaulGoodman
27-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Should replay the game.

Please no :greengrin

fat freddy
27-04-2014, 04:59 PM
I was sitting behind the Hearts dugout and this is what I saw. The Hearts phsyio spat some water in the direction of the Hibs fans as he celebrated the second goal, as far as I could see no one was hit but a few fans were offended and started going mental at the stewards demanding action be taken against the physio. The Police listened to the complaints from the fans but I don't know if they done anything about it as the physio was back in the dugout for the second half. The water evaporated and was unable to comment upon whose mouth he was spat from. Classless from the jambo tube but a non story in my opinion. I was more offended by Collins sitter in extra time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 05:02 PM
haha what a crime! Hearts bench celebrating.. Squirting water is now a criminal offence. Seen a few lighters getting flung from the Hibs end. Let's just call it part of the derby

Seasom tickets and scarves were being thrown aswell. From the East though.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Nothing to do with being Jessies. The guy was bang out of order. Nobody minds a laugh but that was disgusting.

Could you imagine if Leigh Griffiths squirted water from his mouth on to opposition fans? It would be front page of the papers tomorrow and there would be cries to hve him hung, drawn and quartered.

I don't know how some people can sleep at night. Who gives a toss about Griffiths by the way?

Stantons Angel
27-04-2014, 05:17 PM

Jessies!

Every week we sit there and are treated to abuse from the opposing teams backroom staff. No jessie would put up with being spat at in the street would they?

As you say this eejit was bang out of order to treat any supporter with the sheer disdain he held for us! He tried to cover up his folly by squirting water from the bottle after he'd spat it out at us!

Several fans complained to the steward who looked bewildered and didnt have a clue what to do about it! The police appeared and were more interested in telling people to shut up!

The outcome was as explained to me by one of the complainants the police informed the fourth official, who reports to SFA and Hearts are made aware of the complaint!.The complainant is then to email Easter Road about the incident on Monday? In total nothing was done about the incident!!!

Now what would have happened if a Hibs supporter had gone over to the bench and spat at them? They would have been frog marched out the stadium and charged with breach of the peace!

Where may i ask is the justice in this????

Emerald
27-04-2014, 05:21 PM
The Hibs bench put pish on the pitch, no action is being taken!!!!!

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 05:39 PM

They will be throwing bibs at each other next.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Jessies!

Every week we sit there and are treated to abuse from the opposing teams backroom staff. No jessie would put up with being spat at in the street would they?

As you say this eejit was bang out of order to treat any supporter with the sheer disdain he held for us! He tried to cover up his folly by squirting water from the bottle after he'd spat it out at us!

Several fans complained to the steward who looked bewildered and didnt have a clue what to do about it! The police appeared and were more interested in telling people to shut up!

The outcome was as explained to me by one of the complainants the police informed the fourth official, who reports to SFA and Hearts are made aware of the complaint!.The complainant is then to email Easter Road about the incident on Monday? In total nothing was done about the incident!!!

Now what would have happened if a Hibs supporter had gone over to the bench and spat at them? They would have been frog marched out the stadium and charged with breach of the peace!

Where may i ask is the justice in this????

It's up there with the Birmingham Six, and the Dreyfus Incident in the annals of infamy.

You've just said that the police did do something about it, and that it will be acted upon tomorrow. How is that doing nothing?

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Who cares, at least they support the team and have them fired up.

Wouldn't you give them the 'get it right up ye' if you were in that boat?

Exactly. The difference in passion and encouragement coming from the opposing benches was there for all to see. Malpas must be the most inanimate , depressing coach I have ever seen .

Stantons Angel
27-04-2014, 06:01 PM
It's up there with the Birmingham Six, and the Dreyfus Incident in the annals of infamy.

You've just said that the police did do something about it, and that it will be acted upon tomorrow. How is that doing nothing?

Are you honestly saying that if they had spat (not squirted) that water at you, that you would not have reacted?

The police did not speak to the guy, nor caution him on his behavior, which in my opinion, notice i say MY opinion, they should have done!

How does saying that the guy has to complain to Hibs constitute the police doing something? all they have done is pass the buck back to Hibs to deal with.

I realise there are a lot worse things going on in the world around us, but at the time and in the heat of the

game, this may have started something more than the wee stramash it did.!!!

Beefster
27-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Are we now saying that the water didn't actually touch anyone?

hibbymick
27-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Exactly. The difference in passion and encouragement coming from the opposing benches was there for all to see. Malpas must be the most inanimate , depressing coach I have ever seen .

He looks like hes constantly suffering from toothache.

boab1875
27-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Are you honestly saying that if they had spat (not squirted) that water at you, that you would not have reacted?

The police did not speak to the guy, nor caution him on his behavior, which in my opinion, notice i say MY opinion, they should have done!

How does saying that the guy has to complain to Hibs constitute the police doing something? all they have done is pass the buck back to Hibs to deal with.

I realise there are a lot worse things going on in the world around us, but at the time and in the heat of the

Talk of police involvement is quite frankly laughable but if true, this is disgraceful behaviour from Hearts coaching staff. Completely uncalled for and classless. would expect nothing less from that group of inbreds

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Where was Gary Locke during the said water squirting incident?

Just shows them up for who they are IMO.

oregonhibby
27-04-2014, 06:14 PM
I watched it unfold. Locke was trying to get his players away from the bench. It seemed to be the subs and the back room staff.

Locke in his pre match interview and his actions at the goals was dignified. However, that is easy to do when you are confident of winning.

We are in free fall and we need a big result next. Win in any way you can we just need a win. I don't think anyone at Hibs is up to a play off.

truehibernian
27-04-2014, 06:20 PM

E-mail Hibs and I am sure they will explain what is being done regards the incident :wink::aok:

Incidentally, what's your thoughts on folk swearing abuse and bile at Butcher and the players today ? Arrested or not ? Offensive behaviour ? Do it in the street would you ? Just asking ? Could have caused 'a stramash' ?

What about the fan who threw the ball at Callum Paterson with force (I know, I know :greengrin)? Again, for the sake of argument ? Should he be lifted ? Hibs security officials saw that incident (second half, west stand side) - same as water being skooshed/spat in the air ? Is assault after all in the prescriptive legal sense.

Keep harking back to Love Street, Cappielow, Parkhead and Todders in the 70's and 80's - skooshing water was the least of yer worried back then.

They scored, they celebrated, bench and a Hearts guy acted an idiot, fans irate, steward not giving a toss, police take note of it, Hibs look into it, in ref's match report, no one was hurt, folk went home annoyed.......roast beef for dinner and life goes on :aok:

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 06:25 PM

I wouldn't have been happy. I'd probably have been less unhappy if Hibs had won though.

Sorry for picking you up wrong, about what the police suggested. I suppose I can see their point of view, in that it was never going to make it to court. I'd have hoped they might have had a quiet word with the guy accused of this, and he'd have said something like "sorry, that was a really stupid thing to do".

I have to say, it's maybe time Hearts wound their neck in a wee bit. They do have to take some responsibility for crowd behaviour.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 07:07 PM

MM reminds me a bit of Calderwood. Sour puss. Looks like he would rather be anywhere else. Jeeez what a mess this club is in. Depressing doesn't come near describing it.

matty_f
27-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Where was Gary Locke during the said water squirting incident?

Just shows them up for who they are IMO.

He was stripping off and getting ready for a soaking.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Read the thread title and assumed this would be a sex related offence.

ALF TUPPER
27-04-2014, 07:23 PM
I was right next to the dugout . I did see Police officers speak to everyone 3/4 guys who were fizzin mad. The old bill said they would investigate.
Investigate what - I really dont know. :dunno:
Like I say I was sitting next to their bench. I watched with envy as they celebrated their goal but must admit I never saw anything out of hand from any of them.

The Stewards did what they are supposed to . Call the Police. They turned up took names statements etc/...

Whatever allegedly occured............................. I really dont seeing it going anywhere.

kaimendhibs
27-04-2014, 09:24 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/9ujema4u.jpg. Was it this guy?

Sent from my iphone

BurstBaw
27-04-2014, 11:22 PM
I was sitting behind the Hearts dugout and this is what I saw. The Hearts phsyio spat some water in the direction of the Hibs fans as he celebrated the second goal, as far as I could see no one was hit but a few fans were offended and started going mental at the stewards demanding action be taken against the physio. The Police listened to the complaints from the fans but I don't know if they done anything about it as the physio was back in the dugout for the second half. The water evaporated and was unable to comment upon whose mouth he was spat from. Classless from the jambo tube but a non story in my opinion. I was more offended by Collins sitter in extra time.

Wrong, water came from the bottle he was holding not his mouth....... I'm sure BT Sports will find footage as extra 6 cameras on the dugouts........

matty_f
27-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Wrong, water came from the bottle he was holding not his mouth....... I'm sure BT Sports will find footage as extra 6 cameras on the dugouts........

You wouldn't want 6 cameras on those mutants though, would you?

Cool_Hand_Luke
27-04-2014, 11:38 PM

Water may have come from the bottle as well...but he definately spat something from his mouth in the direction of the hibs fans...

Russ
27-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Water may have come from the bottle as well...but he definately spat something from his mouth in the direction of the hibs fans...

Maybe it's karma ? I hope it's the poor souls who hurl abuse at our staff that are offended the most.

GreenLake
28-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Maybe someone pished in the physic's water bottle as a joke.

dutchhibby
28-04-2014, 11:13 AM

^^this

Beefster
28-04-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm hearing that a member of the Hibs coaching staff had a bag of strawberry bon-bons yesterday and didn't offer any to the supporters behind the dugout. How many more kicks in the baws can these folk take?

Hibby D
28-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Maybe it's karma ? I hope it's the poor souls who hurl abuse at our staff that are offended the most.

Indeed :agree:

Keith_M
28-04-2014, 12:05 PM
I remember the good old days when the nutters in the North Enclosure would have taken their revenge by lobbing Pies back at him.

Ask BlackpoolHibs for help next time, I believe he has experience of this (and apparently a good aim) :wink:

silverhibee
28-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Why was a fan in the away end allowed by stewards to move to a seat in the West stand.

jonty
28-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Here was me thinking it was going to be a joke about hearts managing to have a full compliment of subs.

Jones28
28-04-2014, 01:52 PM

I think section 43 should relocate to those seats for the rest of the season.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Seasom tickets and scarves were being thrown aswell. From the East though.

as long as scarves weren't being twirled like nonces :wink:

Pete
28-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Total waste of time if the police get involved in this incident.

They should be seizing their USB sticks.