PDA

View Full Version : Glimmer of Hope?

Sas_The_Hibby
27-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Obviously disappointed, though not surprised, yet again, by today's result. However, I actually feel slightly more optimistic (albeit not hugely), about us staying up, than I was before the game.

Average as we were, I thought Hibs showed much more fight and a bit more imagination and control than they have in quite a few weeks and probably merited a draw. We were ultimately undone again by our poor defending. Thomson, Harris, Stanton, Craig and Cummings all played relatively well. I expected worse TBH. IF they carry that over into the next three games, we could avoid the play-off. If not, we're finishing 11th, IMO.

My main regret, however, is still not putting £100 on Hibs finishing 11th at 12/1 just prior to the previous Hearts game... :rolleyes:

HappyAsHellas
27-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Definite signs of improvement which gives a boost for the next game which we should win. We dominated play for most of the game today and played some ok football. It wasn't great, but vastly better than the last few weeks. Just need another good turn out next week as I think one win will see us safe.

we are hibs
27-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Obviously disappointed, though not surprised, yet again, by today's result. However, I actually feel slightly more optimistic (albeit not hugely), about us staying up, than I was before the game.

Average as we were, I thought Hibs showed much more fight and a bit more imagination and control than they have in quite a few weeks and probably merited a draw. We were ultimately undone again by our poor defending. Thomson, Harris, Stanton, Craig and Cummings all played relatively well. I expected worse TBH. IF they carry that over into the next three games, we could avoid the play-odd. If not, we're finishing 11th, IMO.

My main regret, however, is still not putting £100 on Hibs finishing 11th at 12/1 just prior to the previous Hearts game... :rolleyes:

Thought the play in the middle of the park was good. It's just the defence and attack that kept letting us down like they have time and time again this season. This defence is probably one of the worst in scottish football and we have a striker upfront who can't finish to save himself. Going to need a massive win in a massive game at ross county on Tuesday.

stoneyburn hibs
27-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Barring the 2 goals we lost our overall game looked better than of late. Wouldn't be upset to see the same starting line up against Partick.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Barring the 2 goals we lost our overall game looked better than of late. Wouldn't be upset to see the same starting line up against Partick.

:bitchy: I would! The back four in particular! Watmore should also start we looked so much more dangerous when he came on.

SlickShoes
27-04-2014, 04:01 PM
If you don't count the shambolic goals we lose most weeks then we play ok, to suggest we play ok apart from the goals we concede is hilarious. We have a terrible defence and out striker can't score from point blank range.

We play ok otherwise so that's a big positive.....

green day
27-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Our only glimmer is if they take points off Killie, even then we would probably **** it up!

inglisavhibs
Good to see a thread with Hibs supporters on it! We will need to make one change as Forster is suspended so McGivern will play centre back and Stevenson left back. Both Thomson and Robertson will be that bit fitter for next week and he has to persevere with Cummings as he is a better player than Collins. We are not down yet and I would rather have 3000 diehards at the Partick game than 9000 with 6000 of them giving the players pelters from the start.

stoneyburn hibs
Who else have we got right now for the back four ? Watmore did ok but really no more than the players who started.

andy1875
27-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Glimmer of hope based on THAT performance?

We had a tiny bit more heart by way of tackles today but that alone doesn't fill me with hope or faith in this team.

We still lack any defensive qualities, the midfield look like strangers together and look unable to create/score chances.

Kev Thomson was good today, Cummings did ok. The other 9 were poor again. How that translates to being better is beyond me.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Who else have we got right now for the back four ? Watmore did ok but really no more than the players who started.

We could of played forster, nelson, mcgivern, stevenson?

McPake is fitter than Robertson (trained more and played for U20's) so there is no way he wouldn't be able to play?

Watmore made a big difference in the way we played and helped get hearts more on the back foot and free up space in the midfield

chrisski33
27-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Maybe slight glimmer of hope but still reckon we will go down.

LioNeilMessi
27-04-2014, 04:35 PM

Average as we were, I thought Hibs showed much more fight and a bit more imagination and control than they have in quite a few weeks and probably merited a draw. We were ultimately undone again by our poor defending. Thomson, Harris, Stanton, Craig and Cummings all played relatively well. I expected worse TBH. IF they carry that over into the next three games, we could avoid the play-odd. If not, we're finishing 11th, IMO.

I would agree with this. I would field the same front 6 against Partick, hopefully another week of training will get Robertson back to 100% fit. It's the back 4 that gives me nightmares :boo hoo:

theonlywayisup
27-04-2014, 04:38 PM
No glimmer of hope! Sorry!

I will never see any positives in a defeat from them.

boab1875
27-04-2014, 04:42 PM
No glimmer of hope! Sorry!

I will never see any positives in a defeat from them.

THIS. Hearts are and were terrible but we were even worse. no positives can come from losing to a team that has been convincingly relegated I'm afriad

happiehibbie
27-04-2014, 04:50 PM
today was much better
Robertson even tho not match fit put a shift in

they had 3 chances two from set piece which they scored Goal keepers fault twice no one on the posts school boy stuff

Hibs moved the ball quickly and had most of the possession in the game.

down side for me Management team showing no signs of encouragement or passion. encourage when some neat passes where made NO encourage when a lose pass went wrong NO. At 2 0 down nothing from the dug out to try to sort out any issues FFS Malpas and Butcher are two of the best defenders in the country, The way they stood with hands in pockets we could put a bus stop at the dug out THIS HURTS ME they should show the passion we all have. Keep possession FFS Goal keeper Punts when a simple pass out to a full back centre half Hoofs it McGivern hoofs it. at two nil down the management should have change the set up give young Cummings some help. go and win the game Mr Butcher change things during the game make the opposition things to think about. Even keeping two men up when the opposition have a corner.

I like the midfield off Thomson Robertson and Craig I think we need to build round these guys Young Jordan still learning now nearly our top scorer Stanton again young full of promise. we have some good players. We need to support Butcher and Co give them the players they want then we can judge them.

But all in all it was better today yes a defeat again i wanted a performance i wanted passion I got that today so onto next week :) at least we have something to play for Hearts don't they are relegated

GGTTH

happiehibbie
27-04-2014, 04:52 PM
We could of played forster, nelson, mcgivern, stevenson?

McPake is fitter than Robertson (trained more and played for U20's) so there is no way he wouldn't be able to play?

Watmore made a big difference in the way we played and helped get hearts more on the back foot and free up space in the midfield

your having a laugh, or was I at a different game :)

Pete
27-04-2014, 04:52 PM
THIS. Hearts are and were terrible but we were even worse. no positives can come from losing to a team that has been convincingly relegated I'm afriad

We were worse?

No. Just no.

Cod Boy
27-04-2014, 04:53 PM
They way its going Nade will score the goal that send us down

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 04:54 PM
This was a game against a gimps side who are the worst gimps team in my memory. I'd ****in hope we did look a bit better than normal when playing such a poor side as them.

Yet once again we lost the game, no glimmer of hope for me. This lot are in another relegation battle and could go down. How ****in sad does that sound?

Pete
27-04-2014, 04:54 PM
I saw enough today to convince me that we will avoid this play off.

If you weren't there, the fans were applauding the team off at the end. That spoke volumes.

Squealing pig
27-04-2014, 04:55 PM
If we cant beat of hearts no hope of beating anyone else

cleanyman
27-04-2014, 04:56 PM

If you weren't there, the fans were applauding the team off at the end. That spoke volumes.

when was this?

Hibs are pathetic.

Pete
27-04-2014, 04:57 PM
This was a game against a gimps side who are the worst gimps team in my memory. I'd ****in hope we did look a bit better than normal when playing such a poor side as them.

Yet once again we lost the game, no glimmer of hope for me. This lot are in another relegation battle and could go down. How ****in sad does that sound?

This gimps team are the form side in the bottom six and they done absolutely nothing apart from score from two set pieces and miss a lucky breakaway.

It's not ideal and not where we want to be right now but nobody can deny the improvement shown from previous performances in the league. Surely.

Famous Fiver
27-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Play like we did today, get a wee break, and a decent ref and there's no way we will go down.

Steve20
27-04-2014, 05:03 PM

We were pish again today.

If that passes as anything better than awful, then god help us.

truehibernian
27-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Play like we did today, get a wee break, and a decent ref and there's no way we will go down.

Ah optimism - sadly you're wrong. Look out good places to park in Hamilton. Good wee retail park next to ground, loads of space.

truehibernian
27-04-2014, 05:06 PM

No they were not - they applauded Robbo as he was gutted, stayed in the dug out when everyone left, then went on to the pitch HIMSELF and applauded each Hibs stand. Spoke volumes. As did Sammy in tears.

Fans booed the team or yer ears need cleaning oot ( not a dig at fans, every right to today after a Hibs creativity void and derby jitters no show)

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 05:07 PM
This gimps team are the form side in the bottom six and they done absolutely nothing apart from score from two set pieces and miss a lucky breakaway.

It's not ideal and not where we want to be right now but nobody can deny the improvement shown from previous performances in the league. Surely.

I'm sorry but i must have watched a different game, we hardly controlled it, we hardly created any good chances and their keeper never made a decent save bar the one that was already offside right at the end?

Let me get this right, today was an improvement on previous games, but we still lost and we hardly created any goal scoring chances. Clutching at straws if you ask me.

Jones28
27-04-2014, 05:15 PM
What good are signs of improvement if they don't result in what we need, goals. All the fight in the world isn't going to score you a goal.

PeeJay
27-04-2014, 05:15 PM

Average as we were, I thought Hibs showed much more fight and a bit more imagination and control than they have in quite a few weeks and probably merited a draw. We were ultimately undone again by our poor defending. Thomson, Harris, Stanton, Craig and Cummings all played relatively well. I expected worse TBH. IF they carry that over into the next three games, we could avoid the play-off. If not, we're finishing 11th, IMO.

No reason to be optimistic at all, as far as I can see. Our miserable "team" doesn't fill me with any confidence. How can we win points if we can't score goals. yet we ship them too easily? We never tested their goalie at all - that's not a good way to avoid relegation ...

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2014, 05:19 PM
We had the Yams pinned back for most of the second half ......... we had St Mirren pinned back for most of the second half last week.

Newsflash ........ we lost both games coz 1) our forwards cant score 2) our defenders cant defend.

:bitchy:

dave62
27-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Thought we were slightly better than we've been of late, but certainly not nearly good enough. From box to box I thought we competed well enough, but this was against the worst Hearts team in a generation, so again that's not saying much.

In any event we can't continue to defend the way we do as we create so few chances and contrive to mess up most of the ones we do get.

AndySOL1875
27-04-2014, 05:37 PM
If we cant beat of hearts no hope of beating anyone else

But its a derby? It's a completely different game to any other team around us. I'd fancy our chances of beating anybody else in the bottom half (E.g. Partick and Killie) more than I would against hearts simply because of the huge hold they have had us in for the last few years.

Captain Trips
27-04-2014, 05:41 PM
But its a derby? It's a completely different game to any other team around us. I'd fancy our chances of beating anybody else in the bottom half (E.g. Partick and Killie) more than I would against hearts simply because of the huge hold they have had us in for the last few years.

Lost 1-3 to Partick a few weeks ago and lost to St Mirren a team who were below us. Do not see what makes you think we will win these games I would like to but there is no evidence to suggest beating these teams.

hibsfan7
27-04-2014, 05:43 PM
anyone tell me the winning numbers please

Speedway
27-04-2014, 05:46 PM
The only glimmer of hope is that we get liquidated in the summer.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 05:48 PM

I didn't see a single fan around me applauding the team off at the end. Most just trooped out in total silence, completely angry and fed up looking to put it mildly. Honest.

Famous Fiver
27-04-2014, 05:50 PM
A few closet jambos on this thread, Is there no?

WATCH MY LIPS

We will not be relegated. If you want to watch Division 1 football next season, GO TO TYNECASTLE.

ekhibee
27-04-2014, 05:51 PM
I can see what the opening poster was saying, and I thought there was definitely an improvement in the overall play, especially from a midfield perspective, but as people have already pointed out, it's goals we need right now, and the defensive errors for the 2 Hearts goals were really poor. As Heffernan is injured Cummings should probably be the first choice for up front IMO, Collins is pish, and Haynes, what I've seen of him, is about the same.

AlbertK86
27-04-2014, 05:58 PM
We could of played forster, nelson, mcgivern, stevenson? McPake is fitter than Robertson (trained more and played for U20's) so there is no way he wouldn't be able to play? Watmore made a big difference in the way we played and helped get hearts more on the back foot and free up space in the midfield

I thought Maybury was the best of our back 4 today

marinello59
27-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I didn't see a single fan around me applauding the team off at the end. Most just trooped out in total silence, completely angry and fed up looking to put it mildly. Honest.

There were loads of fans around me clapping them off at the end. And they deserved it.

ballengeich
27-04-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm generally in agreement with the OP about feeling a bit more optimistic. Our midfield was superior to theirs, I could see a team shape and I couldn't fault the players for effort. Their goals came from an individual being beaten in the air. Other than that they created nothing ahd we had the better of most of the game.

Our main problem is that a combination of bad transfer dealings and injuries has left us with weaknesses in both attack and defence, but I think we've enough to survive.

Paisley Hibby
27-04-2014, 06:21 PM
your having a laugh, or was I at a different game :)

Well said! Be careful though, it's a Hibs Net FACT that Watmore is a great player :wink:

Beefster
27-04-2014, 06:26 PM

That it does.

lyonhibs
27-04-2014, 06:44 PM

So except for the abject defending, we were decent? Jesus wept. If McGivern starts, you're as well just giving the opposition the ball 20 times a game. Stevenson in. A natural Lb he may not be, but McGivern isn't a football player, in any position.

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 06:46 PM
That it does.

The majority at the bottom of section 43 were clapping the team off. Most of us realised the players gave their all today.

Beefster
27-04-2014, 07:06 PM
The majority at the bottom of section 43 were clapping the team off. Most of us realised the players gave their all today.

We're back to that old question of what's expected from Hibs. If doing your job at the most basic level is a cause for celebration, maybe I'm more detached from Hibs than I thought I was.

After being beaten by Hearts for the fourth time this season, our sixth loss on the bounce and ten games since our last win, I'll wait until they actually achieve something.

Tyler Durden
27-04-2014, 07:16 PM
There were loads of fans around me clapping them off at the end. And they deserved it.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm? You feel the players deserved applause for today's performance?

emerald green
27-04-2014, 07:17 PM

I don't doubt what you say. I only posted what I saw around me mate.

neil7908
27-04-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry but i must have watched a different game, we hardly controlled it, we hardly created any good chances and their keeper never made a decent save bar the one that was already offside right at the end?Let me get this right, today was an improvement on previous games, but we still lost and we hardly created any goal scoring chances. Clutching at straws if you ask me.The last paragraph is spot on - it was an improvement but only based on the shockingly bad levels of performance we've been seeing lately. We still looked nervy in defence and barely created anything going forward. Again we are playing an absolutely dire Hearts team, this wasn't Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc.I honestly cant see us anything other than 11th.

scuttle
27-04-2014, 07:27 PM
A few closet jambos on this thread, Is there no?

WATCH MY LIPS

We will not be relegated. If you want to watch Division 1 football next season, GO TO TYNECASTLE.

There are none so blind as those who will not see

basehibby
27-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Powder puff defending aside Hibs definately looked the better team - but the trouble is that the powder puff defending cost us two goals in the space of four minutes and for all we looked the better side for the remaining 86, we could still only conjure up one strike.

I can see the point the OP makes though - there was no lack of effort and some decent football played at times.

stoneyburn hibs
27-04-2014, 09:18 PM
So except for the abject defending, we were decent? Jesus wept. If McGivern starts, you're as well just giving the opposition the ball 20 times a game. Stevenson in. A natural Lb he may not be, but McGivern isn't a football player, in any position.

Try reading my post again, I said we were better than of late.

Famous Fiver
28-04-2014, 06:54 AM
Scuttle

No 33bu will take you to Gorgie.

Bye bye.Enjoy Div 1.

scuttle
28-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Scuttle

No 33bu will take you to Gorgie.

Bye bye.Enjoy Div 1.

Afraid not my man, not a yam just a realist. We are going down despite your optimism