PDA

View Full Version : Hooooooooof!!

Slim Shady
27-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Nelson and McGivern constantly hoofing the ball up the park. Absolute pish. Embarrassing.

Even the merricks were shouting hoooof every time they got the ball.

Surely we can get the ball down and pass it along the deck to a green shirt.

Hate getting beat but if we were to at least attempt playing football rather than concede possession so easily. This may sound daft but when Mogga was in charge and we played the Hibernian way, a defeat was easier to take.

Sadly the under 20 are now under instruction to play in this manner as well. Shame as its not James McD's footbal way but he been told to get them to hump the ball forward and play from scraps.

we are hibs
27-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Nelson and McGivern constantly hoofing the ball up the park. Absolute pish. Embarrassing.

Hate getting beat but if we were to at least attempt playing football rather than concede possession so easily. This may sound daft but when Mogga was in charge and we played the Hibernian way, a defeat was easier to take.

Sadly the under 20 are now under instruction to play in this manner as well. Shame as its not James McD's footbal way but he been told to get them to hump the ball forward and play from scraps.

This is was really getting on my nerves during the game. We actually played some decent football after the first 10 minutes before hearts got the first goal.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2014, 03:34 PM

they had a great day out at our expense(like most away fans this season at ER), seems to be a pattern with away fans chanting the name of our managers over the years, and if the 2nd part in bold is true then that seriously was my last game today

sesoim
27-04-2014, 03:41 PM
I would accept hoofs for a while if we actually had players capable of winning the ball in the air upfront, but because we don't it is painful to watch.

It was the same last season though - the difference was that Griffiths was there to latch onto any defensive misjudgement. Now, opposition defenders can afford to make mistakes because none of our players ever take any advantage. It must be like a holiday for defenders playing against us just now.

Makaveli
27-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Step 1: flood the midfield.
Step 2: bypass the midfield.

Good one, Terry.

TornadoHibby
27-04-2014, 05:55 PM

He was very unhappy with most of our team's "efforts" this afternoon! :agree:

Aldo
27-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Nelson and McGivern constantly hoofing the ball up the park. Absolute pish. Embarrassing. Even the merricks were shouting hoooof every time they got the ball. Surely we can get the ball down and pass it along the deck to a green shirt. Hate getting beat but if we were to at least attempt playing football rather than concede possession so easily. This may sound daft but when Mogga was in charge and we played the Hibernian way, a defeat was easier to take. Sadly the under 20 are now under instruction to play in this manner as well. Shame as its not James McD's footbal way but he been told to get them to hump the ball forward and play from scraps.

Tbh there was a bit of hoof near in the last 10 or so minutes but we tried to play and switch play quite a bit. I thought especially in the first 30 or so minutes we played some decent stuff just lacked support in the final 3rd.

Whilst Cummings was on the park it was played into him quite a bit. From where I was sitting McGivern (who I thought was ok today) tried to play it on the deck but when nowt is own you are left with no option.

As for Mogga he was at the right place at the right time for me and got the best out of our Golden Generation.

I will give you Nelson who is a Bombscare IMHO.