PDA

View Full Version : 4pm an we're still here

Pages : [1] 2

Cameron1875
27-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Bout 15 of us outside Easter road. Been demanding answers since FT an all we have had from the hierarchy is a very very sarcastic wave from Petrie. Few players have been out but most laughing from the players lounge/ players bar.

Russ
27-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Bout 15 of us outside Easter road. Been demanding answers since FT an all we have had from the hierarchy is a very very sarcastic wave from Petrie. Few players have been out but most laughing from the players lounge/ players bar.

Answers to what? Go home and stop embarrassing yourself.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:15 PM

What you telling us for? It was people like you tat got Fenlon the sack. What did you expect Petrie to do, invite you home for tea? Why don't you go home, you've surely got your picture in the paper by now.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 03:20 PM
What you telling us for? It was funds like you tat got Fenlon the sack. What did you expect Petrie to do, invite you home for tea? Why don't you go home, you've surely got your picture in the paper by now.

This, 100%.

They wanted Fenlon to resign, he resigned. Season collapses and now it's Petrie's fault. There are no words to describe the stupidity.

SaulGoodman
27-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Woah 15 people! That'll sort things out.

No doubt you lot will be in the paper tomorrow making is even more of a laughing stock.

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 03:23 PM
This, 100%.

They wanted Fenlon to resign, he resigned. Season collapses and now it's Petrie's fault. There are no words to describe the stupidity.Petrie still made all the decisions. It was his choice.

Joe6-2
27-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Don't think we should have a go at fellow supporters, we are all hurting and stumped at what we can do!

bingo70
27-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Tbf its no the op's fault we are in this mess.

Lots of people hurting and id rather they vented their frustration/anger than just not going back.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Petrie still made all the decisions. It was his choice.

Made the choice to appoint a manager who had us 5th in the league? What caused him to resign? And what caused us to be a ball hair away from relegation?

Steve20
27-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Guy is getting stick for wanting answers. That's one of the many things that are wrong. The supporters just accept this. No wonder Petrie won't give a ****.

hibee19
27-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Fans have every right to voice their opinions after paying to watch that dross. If you're giving money to the club you should be able to expect it not to be tossed away

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2014, 03:26 PM
About 15 you say? Could you not have gathered a different number ?

Steve20
[QUOTE=MehHFC;398570.

No doubt you fuds will be in the paper tomorrow making is even more of a laughing stock.[/QUOTE]

Think Petrie, Butcher and the players have done that already.

Elephant Stone
Guy is getting stick for wanting answers. That's one of the many things that are wrong. The supporters just accept this. No wonder Petrie won't give a ****.

Answers to what? It's pretty straightforward what happened, we were 5th in the league, lost to Hearts despite pummeling them (as happens a lot), people demand yet another managerial change, get their way then the season turns to ****.

sesoim
27-04-2014, 03:27 PM
I think the fans DO have to do something, but it needs to be organized. If we go down, Petrie will have to step down, I don't see how he can possibly keep his place. But if we stay up and he thinks he can just trot along on high wages while the football teams constantly fails then I think we need to put pressure on Petrie and even Farmer to clarify where they want the club to go. There is way too much apathy at the top of the club and it is has been reflected on the park for a few years now.

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Made the choice to appoint a manager who had us 5th in the league? What caused him to resign? And what caused us to be a ball hair away from relegation?Petrie's decision making. Same thing happened with Mixu. Opposite happened with Calderwood. Petrie has made a lot of mistakes and it looks like he hasn't learned anything. This has been an issue for years.imo

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Why not "demand answers" through one of the supporters forums (actual not internet) where you can see if you can leverage up port and put questions to the appropriate folk?

Elephant Stone
Petrie's decision making. Same thing happened with Mixu. Opposite happened with Calderwood. Petrie has made a lot of mistakes and it looks like he hasn't learned anything. This has been an issue for years.imo

The fans made Fenlon resign, not Petrie. Petrie appointed the person who was overwhelmingly who the fans wanted. The fans have had their way every time.

madhatter
Not sure what to say - I really hope you get something because we all deserve something. And those still talking about Fenlon - he got us to 2 SC Finals but apart from that in Derbies we were shocking and lost most. Far too much infighting in fans, we should be a collective body and put proper pressure.

Put it this way, if we get relegated most of you slagging fellow Hibs fans for wanting to make a stand will most likely join the cause (too late). If you don't, I really don't understand your thinking.

green&left

No doubt you fuds will be in the paper tomorrow making is even more of a laughing stock.

More a laughing stock? Not possible.

Fair play to them. Petrie and Farmer can **** off. As can any other daft prick that's blaming this current situation on the fans.

lucky
27-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Some on here trying to re-write history. Most Hibs fans wanted PF out and were delighted we got Butcher. Yes it's not worked out and Butcher will be the next to go but PF Hibs were terrible and on his CV is the 1-5 cup final and the worst European result in history for a Scottish club. I doubt we would be much better off if at all if he had stayed

andy1875
27-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I was going to post a thread as I do wonder now, what is the tipping point for our support and actually demanding change at the club, from the top to bottom?

We've just lost to our biggest rivals for the 4th time this season. Yet another season since the 80s which gives them bragging rights. Only Hibs when our rival is in administration.

Anyhow, I read about protests, demanding change, Butcher out, worse than Fenlon, downward spiral since Collins, 1-5 Final. The list goes on.......

Do we just accept it or is there anything realistically that a support can actually do?

I'm lost for answers. I really am.

green&left
27-04-2014, 03:34 PM
The fans made Fenlon resign, not Petrie. Petrie appointed the person who was overwhelmingly who the fans wanted. The fans have had their way every time.

Aye no bother Petrie.

Mixu was pish. Hughes was pish. Calderwood was pish. Fenlon was pish. Butcher is pish.

Collins was alright but Petrie was a spineless ****.

But aye its my fault...

MSK
Answers to what? Go home and stop embarrassing yourself.

What you telling us for? It was fuds like you tat got Fenlon the sack. What did you expect Petrie to do, invite you home for tea? Why don't you go home, you've surely got your picture in the paper by now.

This, 100%.

They wanted Fenlon to resign, he resigned. Season collapses and now it's Petrie's fault. There are no words to describe the stupidity.

No doubt you fuds will be in the paper tomorrow making is even more of a laughing stock.

[/QUOTE]That's the ****ing problem here ..folk want Petrie et-al removed but at least they are doing something as opposed tae acting the smart arse behind a keyboard ...big on you ..:aok:

#2 Double Tap
Even if it was the fans favourite - Petrie still had the final decision. This goes back longer than Fenlon.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:35 PM
This thread is absolutely honking. Would an admin kindly open a window?

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Aye no bother Petrie.

Mixu was pish. Hughes was pish. Calderwood was pish. Fenlon was pish. Butcher is pish.

But aye its my fault...

If you were one of the folk who wanted Fenlon to resign then yeah, you've played your part.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 03:36 PM
That's the ****ing problem here ..folk want Petrie et-al removed but at least they are doing something as opposed tae acting the smart arse behind a keyboard ...big on you ..:aok:

Yeah, maybe they'll force another managerial change we don't need. Good on them.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Even if it was the fans favourite - Petrie still had the final decision.

Right, so it's Petrie's fault for doing what the fans wanted? And if he hadn't done what the fans wanted, he'd have got pelters for that too. So can you blame him for not listening to a group of fuds standing behind the stand?

:clown:

WestStandMoaner
27-04-2014, 03:40 PM
What you telling us for? It was fuds like you tat got Fenlon the sack. What did you expect Petrie to do, invite you home for tea? Why don't you go home, you've surely got your picture in the paper by now.

The only fud is you, at least the guys care about their club

MSK
27-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah, maybe they'll force another managerial change we don't need. Good on them.Or showing their voice being heard ..but hey ..just you get ripped intae them from the comfort of yer keyboard ..all is well eh ..?

blackpoolhibs
Fair play to them. Petrie and Farmer can **** off. As can any other daft prick that's blaming this current situation on the fans.That's the ****ing problem here ..folk want Petrie et-al removed but at least they are doing something as opposed tae acting the smart arse behind a keyboard ...big on you ..:aok:[/QUOTE]

The club is being run from the top by folk who come across as if they just dont give a toss. If they do, they are hiding it very well. From my position we look rudderless, but protests are all folk have. Yet any protest is hardly making any kind of impact as apathy has set in because of just who owns us and the puppet he has in charge running the thing.

I'm convinced we are ****ed until STF goes, and so what if we become the next ****in Leeds United, at least they had a go at reaching for the stars, we are frightened of our own bloody shadow.

Pretty Boy

It was his piss poor management that got Fenlon the sack.

madhatter
I was going to post a thread as I do wonder now, what is the tipping point for our support and actually demanding change at the club, from the top to bottom?

We've just lost to our biggest rivals for the 4th time this season. Yet another season since the 80s which gives them bragging rights. Only Hibs when our rival is in administration.

Anyhow, I read about protests, demanding change, Butcher out, worse than Fenlon, downward spiral since Collins, 1-5 Final. The list goes on.......

Do we just accept it or is there anything realistically that a support can actually do?

I'm lost for answers. I really am.

Too much infighting as is evident from this thread. We have at least 2 sets of fans - one that have had enough but want to put a brave face and those that want to make some sort of protest. Hence, any protest will be half-hearted in terms of attendance. I want to see a proper apology from the club, minimum of 4-5+ years of being second best to rivals and constant statement of intent with each manager - TB was brought in not just because he had a good track record and we, the fans, wanted him but Petrie has seen the opportunity to bring in players on the cheap (TB renowned for doing so). Everything about the current situation stinks and has done for years.

GodisaHibee
At least the OP is doing something. Not just sniping at people from behind a keyboard.

bingo70
27-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah, maybe they'll force another managerial change we don't need. Good on them.

Thats exactly what we need

cabbageandribs1875
At least the OP is doing something. Not just sniping at people from behind a keyboard.

indeed, i suspect the OP will now get the LTYF and the p@sh ripped out of him, and all because we all act differently to situations

stoneyburn hibs
About 15 you say? Could you not have gathered a different number ?

Haha, like it

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Too much infighting as is evident from this thread. We have at least 2 sets of fans - one that have had enough but want to put a brave face and those that want to make some sort of protest. Hence, any protest will be half-hearted in terms of attendance. I want to see a proper apology from the club, minimum of 4-5+ years of being second best to rivals and constant statement of intent with each manager - TB was brought in not just because he had a good track record and we, the fans, wanted him but Petrie has seen the opportunity to bring in players on the cheap (TB renowned for doing so). Everything about the current situation stinks and has done for years.

:hmmm: Transparent.

Yeah he's doing something, just like those guys from the Monster Raving Looney Party are doing something when they stand in by-elections. They are drawing attention to themselves, call that sniping if you want, it's constructive criticism in my book.

Nevi_SOL
27-04-2014, 03:49 PM
If you were one of the folk who wanted Fenlon to resign then yeah, you've played your part.

If you look at one of the polls on here most people wanted him sacked. Just some people had the backbone to voice their concerns.

madhatter
Good on the OP, honestly inspired to see some of us making a stand. A new owner or fan ownership I think is the only answer, I can fully imagine Petrie waving and smiling. We have a hostile attitude towards our chairman and the board must have a hostile attitude towards us, the fans. How is this ever going to work? Each year, we get told by an invisible owner that Petrie is the best we could have. Business front I guess, his business plan seems to be to get as many Hearts fans in ER for their celebration - £80,000 pocketed...

#2 Double Tap
Right, so it's Petrie's fault for doing what the fans wanted? And if he hadn't done what the fans wanted, he'd have got pelters for that too. So can you blame him for not listening to a group of fuds standing behind the stand?

:clown:If he had made the correct decision the team on the park would be performing well. He wouldn't be getting pelters -

Phil D. Rolls
indeed, i suspect the OP will now get the LTYF and the p@sh ripped out of him, and all because we all act differently to situations

As in, some of us act in a rational thoughtful manner, and some don't. The OP is making a tit of himself, and I think it's a kindness to point that out, lest he thinks he speaks for the majority of fans. I'd have thought the fact that 15 people are there might suggest that the protestors today are a bunch of loonies.

green day
Its now ten to five.

Are you still there?

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 03:50 PM

Get a grip FFS. Fenlon's time was up LONG ago and Butcher for me will prove his worth once he has his own team.

All these smug clowns coming on saying Fenlon should not have gone are idiots I'll happily take a ban from here by the way.

********s

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:51 PM
If he had made the correct decision the team on the park would be performing well. He wouldn't be getting pelters -

Yeah, yeah, enjoy your night.

The Modfather
27-04-2014, 03:52 PM

Petrie's job is to do what needs done, not bask in adulation of the fans for following our lead on things we have no insight or background on before forming out opinion. An example being In hindsight Williamson was probably the right choice for that time, but far from a popular appointment.

If Petrie only makes the popular decisions (when it suits him, we overwhelmingly wanted a bigger league when restructure was being discussed, but not what Petrie voted for) then he is an even weaker "leader" than I give him credit for.

#2 Double Tap
its now ten to five.

Are you still there?lol

gillie
Haha, like it

Petrie must be making a decent salary from this club, he's the man at the helm so he must be held accountable for the decisions he and those under him make, hibs are crap because of the lack of product investment, what does petrie care he still gets paid regardless and you can bet your last pound that Tom farmer will have made his money back one way or another, all at the expense of loyal fans, the op has every right to expect answers from petrie and farmer

Thecat23

Ignore the other posts mate at least you showed passion to care. They will be to busy sucking him off when he does his rounds as usual. Guy can do no wrong in there eyes.

madhatter
:hmmm: Transparent.

Yeah he's doing something, just like those guys from the Monster Raving Looney Party are doing something when they stand in by-elections. They are drawing attention to themselves, call that sniping if you want, it's constructive criticism in my book.

What do you suggest then? Oh incidentally, for future reference "constructive criticism" means "to analyze the work of others at their request, for the purpose of improving the outcome". No one sought your review and you made no attempt to improve the outcome.

Elephant Stone
Get a grip FFS. Fenlon's time was up LONG ago and Butcher for me will prove his worth once he has his own team.

All these smug clowns coming on saying Fenlon should not have gone are idiots I'll happily take a ban from here by the way.

********s

Facts: Under Fenlon 5th place. Fenlon resigns, now we're a point off second bottom.

If thinking Fenlon going might have had a negative impact on our season then I am clearly an utter *******.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Petrie must be making a decent salary from this club, he's the man at the helm so he must be held accountable for the decisions he and those under him make, hibs are crap because of the lack of product investment, what does petrie care he still gets paid regardless and you can bet your last pound that Tom farmer will have made his money back one way or another, all at the expense of loyal fans, the op has every right to expect answers from petrie and farmer

He has no right to anything except space.

Pretty Boy

********s

Interesting how many silent supporters of Fenlon have suddenly appeared.

I can remember 99% polls wanting him out and 2 voices (Andy74 and Greenlex) arguing he should stay.

Now all the captain hindsights have appeared to tell us he should have stayed. Easy to be wise after an event and all that.

CB_NO3
Well done to the guys outside the stadium. Petrie and Farmer should leave the club asap. Two idiots that have no clue about football. Stick to exhausts and bank accounts. 20 odd years of misery and failure. We are the laughing stock of scottish football. We are the biggest underachievers in Scotland.

Am grateful for what Farmer did 2 decades ago but that was 2 decades ago. He would not run his garages with utter dross so why run his football club like that?

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Aw just dinnae ya total fanny

:agree:

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Facts pumped in a major final TWICE.
Facts Worst record defeat I'm Europe from a Scottish team.
facts Brought in SHOCKING players
Facts Said himself he couldn't do more time was right to go.

So please stop dishing out pish.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 03:56 PM

I can remember 99% polls wanting him out and 2 voices (Andy74 and Greenlex) arguing he should stay.

Now all the captain hindsights have appeared to tell us he should have stayed. Easy to be wise after an event and all that.

And there were possibly a few others who wouldn't even want to legitimise the poll, if I remember correctly..

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 03:56 PM

Honestly is ****ing embarrassing. Acting like it's our fault we are in this mess.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 03:57 PM
And there were possibly a few others who wouldn't even want to legitimise the poll, if I remember correctly..

Legitimise the poll?

It's a fitba fans forum not Ipsos Mori.

madhatter
27-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Can Fenlon supporters please reach the conclusion that the guy embarrassed us in 2 SC Finals and recorded the worst defeat in European football that any Scottish Team has had. May have been a likable guy but this incessant "we would have been better off with him" is getting tiring. Oh and these are his players? Whether TB is getting the best out them or not, they are clearly, in large, pathetic excuses for Professional Footballers.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 03:59 PM

How many humpings did Mowbray take? How many finals did Mowbray get us to? This season was going just fine, best defence in the league outside of Celtic, 5th in the table, manager is forced out and then all hell breaks loose. The people who think changing the manager again caused a dip in form are idiots? Incredible.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2014, 03:59 PM
As in, some of us act in a rational thoughtful manner, and some don't. The OP is making a tit of himself, and I think it's a kindness to point that out, lest he thinks he speaks for the majority of fans. I'd have thought the fact that 15 people are there might suggest that the protestors today are a bunch of loonies.

no he's not speaking for the majority of fans, you know it and i know it, he and the other 'loonies' are obviously finding things a little hard to handle and are desperate to try everything they can, as some other posters have already said i don't think it's right for all the disparaging comments against the guy and his fellow 'loonies' we all react differently :dunno:

H18Y GW
27-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Answers to what? It's pretty straightforward what happened, we were 5th in the league, lost to Hearts despite pummeling them (as happens a lot), people demand yet another managerial change, get their way then the season turns to ****.

Sure we weren't 7th ??

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Honestly is ****ing embarrassing. Acting like it's our fault we are in this mess.

What's ****ing embarrassing is 15 no marks standing at the back of the stand demanding answers when there is **** all they can do with the information they get. If, indeed they are at the back of the stand at all, as I suspect there is a whiff of West Edinburgh about this whole thread.

- Eh Mr. Petrie, why aren't Hibs playing better.
- We aren't spending enough money Fudley.
- See, ah telt yis, noo whit can we dae aboot it.
-
-
- Anybody
-
- Cake sales?
- Open Letters
--

Sparryheids.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Sure we weren't 7th ??

Not sure, no. A few points off second though and with the second best defence in the league. Sure that it was day and night away from where we are now.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Can Fenlon supporters please reach the conclusion that the guy embarrassed us in 2 SC Finals and recorded the worst defeat in European football that any Scottish Team has had. May have been a likable guy but this incessant "we would have been better off with him" is getting tiring. Oh and these are his players? Whether TB is getting the best out them or not, they are clearly, in large, pathetic excuses for Professional Footballers.

Don't waste your breath mate. Can't believe the smart arse comments I read.

We were rotten under Pat, everyone in Scottish football seen it yet they come on giving it that!!!

They are his players who got us into this. Saying we were 5th is **** all to do with the bigger picture. Christ we could have lost every game under him till now. As that's just as valid as "we wouldn't be in this mess"

Sorry but I'm ****ing done with some of the ***** on here.

Petrie is a clown and shouldn't be near Hibs.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Don't waste your breath mate. Can't believe the smart arse comments I read.

We were rotten under Pat, everyone in Scottish football seen it yet they come on giving it that!!!

They are his players who got us into this. Saying we were 5th is **** all to do with the bigger picture. Christ we could have lost every game under him till now. As that's just as valid as "we wouldn't be in this mess"

Sorry but I'm ****ing done with some of the ***** on here.

Petrie is a clown and shouldn't be near Hibs.

Ifs and buts left right and centre there. Look at the facts.

Pretty Boy
What's ****ing embarrassing is 15 no marks standing at the back of the stand demanding answers when there is **** all they can do with the information they get. If, indeed they are at the back of the stand at all, as I suspect there is a whiff of West Edinburgh about this whole thread.

-
-
- Anybody
-
- Cake sales?
- Open Letters
--

Sparryheids.

Can you list the posters on here who aren't Hearts fans please?

Because you spend a hell of a lot of time pointing those that are out so you could do us all a favour and just list those who meet your exacting standards of Hibernian fanhood.

Thecat23

-
-
- Anybody
-
- Cake sales?
- Open Letters
--

Sparryheids.

Listen at least he wants answers. What is Petrie bringing to the club right now please tell me? He needs to get himself to ****.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 04:04 PM
no he's not speaking for the majority of fans, you know it and i know it, he and the other 'loonies' are obviously finding things a little hard to handle and are desperate to try everything they can, as some other posters have already said i don't think it's right for all the disparaging comments against the guy and his fellow 'loonies' we all react differently :dunno:

He's an idiot, and if I pretend otherwise then I am an idiot too.

Yes, we all react differently. Sometimes, we are so upset we do stupid things. That's about as kind as I can be to the attention seeking fud.

There are asylums, after all.

madhatter
27-04-2014, 04:04 PM
How many humpings did Mowbray take? How many finals did Mowbray get us to? This season was going just fine, best defence in the league outside of Celtic, 5th in the table, manager is forced out and then all hell breaks loose. The people who think changing the manager again caused a dip in form are idiots? Incredible.

I want a stand but I don't want a change in manager that isn't what we need. Change in owner and board is what we need - I think farmer is making a good attempt at making a profit from running a football team, Petrie is enjoying a handsome wage and we just constantly fight between us and turn up in numbers for these games so that they continue making their £.

£28 for that drivel and approx. £400 for a ST without knowing what league we are in. "Enjoy watching good football" right enough!

H18Y GW
27-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Not sure, no. A few points off second though and with the second best defence in the league. Sure that it was day and night away from where we are now.

Griffiths papered over Fenlon and his squads deficiencies, Butcher is now paying that penalty , Relegation isn't decided early , it's decided at the business end and with Butcher not wanting anyone in , Fenlons ****ty squad is biting his arse ..

hibbiedon

Sir you are trying to twist facts , the players were coming out from the main reception door after signing autographs for the mascots not from a players bar ! The mascots met about 16 of the first team squad who posed for photographs at our request then left out the main door not the players lounge which would be a stupid thing to do given that it is on the upper floor. as I said there were 16 players who left by the main exit for you to say that few players came out is a lie

leggeto

The pressure on petrie is justified IMO those guys are within their rights to ask questions of him although I'm not sure what they would be,he may have to think about his position next season

madhatter
27-04-2014, 04:06 PM

The facts, 2 SC Final embarrassments, worst European defeat for Scottish club in history of football. What is wrong with you? Ifs and buts. Look at the facts...

He should have been sacked long before this season started. Hopeless...

He was honest enough to admit he couldn't hack it.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 04:07 PM
I want a stand but I don't want a change in manager that isn't what we need. Change in owner and board is what we need - I think farmer is making a good attempt at making a profit from running a football team, Petrie is enjoying a handsome wage and we just constantly fight between us and turn up in numbers for these games so that they continue making their £.

£28 for that drivel and approx. £400 for a ST without knowing what league we are in. "Enjoy watching good football" right enough!

So, you support the management's decision to appoint Butcher, but you are saying we need to change the management of the club?

Yes, I can see where you are coming from with that argument. :shhhsh!:

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 04:09 PM
The pressure on petrie is justified IMO those guys are within their rights to ask questions of him although I'm not sure what they would be,he may have to think about his position next season

The club is in a mess. There is no clear objective, other than staying in the SPL (open to debate).

A bunch of silly wee laddies asking questions at the players entrance is not going to make any difference.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Sir you are trying to twist facts , the players were coming out from the main reception door after signing autographs for the mascots not from a players bar ! The mascots met about 16 of the first team squad who posed for photographs at our request then left out the main door not the players lounge which would be a stupid thing to do given that it is on the upper floor. as I said there were 16 players who left by the main exit for you to say that few players came out is a lie

I very much doubt if he was there at all.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 04:11 PM

Pull your head out the sand FFS.

I gave you the facts why not have a read.

Elephant Stone
The facts, 2 SC Final embarrassments, worst European defeat for Scottish club in history of football. What is wrong with you? Ifs and buts. Look at the facts...

The facts are consecutive cup finals for the first time in my life, losing to Hearts who were fielding a team they couldn't afford and to Celtic. Getting to the finals was a huge achievement given he was just in the door and was in the process of re-building. That's two more finals than Mowbray managed, more finals than Collins managed, more finals than McLeish managed, with a far inferior team which he was still building.

He was winning 35% of his games and had us back challenging in the top half of the league. We're now winning about what feels like once every 6 months and possibly getting relegated. If people can't see what's caused this mess then I despair.

madhatter
So, you support the management's decision to appoint Butcher, but you are saying we need to change the management of the club?

Yes, I can see where you are coming from with that argument. :shhhsh!:

Very smug indeed, all of your comments have been. We are in this position because Fenlon and Calderwood got far too long and Petrie never ever properly backs a manager. He may appoint the right one (Collins) but doesn't give any £. We will get 3-4th choice signings as per usual. So, yes, I feel Butcher will achieve much with Hibs if given some freedom which, with, Petrie and Farmer around won't happen.

We could appoint Sir Alex and give him no cash and he'd fail. Appointment may be right but that doesn't condone failure to back the manager financially.

leggeto
27-04-2014, 04:13 PM

I don't think he would have got us to the finals had Griffith's not been in the team

Thecat23
The facts are consecutive cup finals for the first time in my life, losing to Hearts who were fielding a team they couldn't afford and to Celtic. Getting to the finals was a huge achievement given he was just in the door and was in the process of re-building. That's two more finals than Mowbray managed, more finals than Collins managed, more finals than McLeish managed, with a far inferior team which he was still building.

He was winning 35% of his games and had us back challenging in the top half of the league. We're now winning about what feels like once every 6 months and possibly getting relegated. If people can't see what's caused this mess then I despair.

The rot set in under Fenlon. If you can't see that then believe me I also despair.

I honestly think you are at the wind up though.

sleeping giant
Knew this would happen today. Thought it would have been more than 15 too.
Listen , we are in the **** . We all know that. We have known it for some time now.
Our whole purpose at this time is to stay in this league.
Fannying about with piss poor protests is going to achieve nowt.
Maybe when we get the required points we can turn our attention to whatever fanciful expectations we have.
If Petrie does not sanction the signing of players before pre season starts then I may join you.
Until then , there is nothing the board can do.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 04:15 PM
The rot set in under Fenlon. If you can't see that then believe me I also despair.

I honestly think you are at the wind up though.

What rot? We were in constant improvement.

Beefster

That's not a glowing endorsement of Rodders' leadership.

WestEndHibee

Are you saying that the rest of us don't care?

Standing outside the ground, swearing at players and crying if no-one talks to you is not the way to bring about positive change. These guys are turning it into even more of a joke for the other clubs looking at us.

Fans' action should be organised and strategic so that it can happen in a way that doesn't hurt the club. This is NOT what we need with two games left to stay in the league.

leggeto
The club is in a mess. There is no clear objective, other than staying in the SPL (open to debate).

A bunch of silly wee laddies asking questions at the players entrance is not going to make any difference.

Yip a big mess that someone is going to take the fall for,I can see a few big changes next season regardless of the league we are in

GodisaHibee

And that's the voice of rational thought?

Can't tell you how pleased that you and I don't read from the same book.

madhatter
27-04-2014, 04:16 PM

What you have basically stated, he got to SC finals so that's fine. He stood after the Celtic mauling and essentially said "Well, we didn't lose 5 goals, so we did well!". What team was he building - one filled with 4-5 identical centre-midfielders, no wingers and a defence devoid of any decent knowledge of defending...He got lucky with Griffiths, if you cannot see that then you must be blind. We defended with 10 men behind the ball and booted long balls to the lad under Fenlon. Griffiths was good enough to dribble from the half-way line and score. Fenlon in his time, never even built a solid core to the team.

oconnors_strip
27-04-2014, 04:18 PM
I very much doubt if he was there at all.

There was definitely about 15 young Hibs fans standing outside the main entrance to the west stand 10 mins after full time. They became a bit vocal, shouting Petrie out, we want our money back, this is unacceptable to quote a few.

I was waiting for the police cordon to be lifted so stood watching them for about 20minutes.

Northernhibee
27-04-2014, 04:19 PM

Yep. And yes, we lost in two cup finals and got a drubbing in Europe, but Pat got us to two cup finals and into Europe in the first place.

Unlucky to have Hearts in the first final when we had a team of on loan mercenaries, unlucky in the second to have key injuries to our captain and top goalscorer and half a team against Malmo.

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 04:19 PM
I don't think he would have got us to the finals had Griffith's not been in the team

People trot this out a lot.

For all his faults that he can be questioned on, Fenlon has to take a lot of credit for the way Griff was playing. He harnessed Griffiths in a way that no other manager has managed to do in the past few years then he built a team that could get the best out of him.

LG himself even attributes it to Pat.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 04:20 PM

I think we would be a lot better off if Fenlon was still our manager today, it would still be pish though and nowhere near good enough for where we as a club should be.

Thecat23

Oh my god, what was the score in Fenlon's last game?

Elephant Stone
Yep. And yes, we lost in two cup finals and got a drubbing in Europe, but Pat got us to two cup finals and into Europe in the first place.

Unlucky to have Hearts in the first final when we had a team of on loan mercenaries, unlucky in the second to have key injuries to our captain and top goalscorer and half a team against Malmo.

Yup, I wonder when we'll next have big matches to moan about, I reckon it won't be any time soon.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Oh my god, what was the score in Fenlon's last game?

A whopping one nil defeat to Hearts, who never used to beat Hibs at all.

Northernhibee
27-04-2014, 04:22 PM
I think we would be a lot better off if Fenlon was still our manager today, it would still be pish though and nowhere near good enough for where we as a club should be.

Yep, agreed, and we could have just said at season end "Well Pat, your contracts up, thanks for your efforts but let's go our different ways" - not have to spend huge compensation on a new management team, allow that to be spent by the new manager on players and we go on from there.

As it is we're looking favourites for relegation.

Beefster
27-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Yup, I wonder when we'll next have big matches to moan about, I reckon it won't be any time soon.

You're right. It's going to be a while before we're pumped in a cup final or absolutely roasted in Europe again.

Pete
27-04-2014, 04:24 PM
At least we are crossing the halfway line.

As for wanting answers, you're a year too early in my opinion. If we're still mince after he has his own players in then it's justified.

madhatter

No positive from Fenlon, sorry. I have no idea how people can come out with this. Pat got us embarrassed in 2 cup finals and in Europe. We are now in the history books for the wrong reasons and if you'd rather Hibs reach a SC final and getting ripped to pieces then something is wrong. After seeing what occurred in both and in Europe I honestly wished we had never reached both. History doesn't lie. In his tenure, he managed to make us an even bigger laughing stock but people still support him...

He has put us in the history books for all the wrong reasons but yet he is seen as a positive but 15 fans making a stand is embarrassing. Where is the logical thinking?

I've never seen a manager keep his job after getting such a bad drubbing in Europe after a drubbing in a SC final...

Steve20

As for wanting answers, you're a year too early in my opinion. If we're still mince after he has his own players in then it's justified.

Nope. We'll be in the championship by then.

Thecat23
A whopping one nil defeat to Hearts, who never used to beat Hibs at all.

Knocked out the cup, real progress!!!

He said it himself FFS, so how can you say we would be better off with him?? That's pure guesswork. No one knows really, all I do know is it's his players that he signed that has us in this mess. Petrie hired him and the other clowns so he must go.

leggeto
27-04-2014, 04:25 PM
People trot this out a lot.

For all his faults that he can be questioned on, Fenlon has to take a lot of credit for the way Griff was playing. He harnessed Griffiths in a way that no other manager has managed to do in the past few years then he built a team that could get the best out of him.

LG himself even attributes it to Pat.

He did well with him and shown great patience with him,he is a better player now because of his man management, but he did keep him in a job through his goals,I liked pat but it was his glorious failures in the big games and second best to them which was the end for him

Pete
27-04-2014, 04:26 PM

No we won't.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 04:27 PM

Again wasting your time! Can't believe these guys have had a go at the op for a guy who clearly sees we are failing badly and have done for years now.

Listen can someone answer me since you petrie lovers have avoided it.... What does Petrie bring to Hibs right now that helps this club move forward? How much has he paid in compo to cover HIS poor managerial appointments.

jeffers
27-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Can't believe folk are defending PF and blaming the fans for him leaving. He resigned, he admitted he'd lost the dressing room. He left us with a totally imbalanced squad, no decent full backs, no pace and no cutting age. Just because TB has taken this and made it worse doesn't mean PF should have stayed.

And as for the guys protesting outside good on you.

hibee_girl
27-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Can't believe folk are defending PF and blaming the fans for him leaving. He resigned, he admitted he'd lost the dressing room. He left us with a totally imbalanced squad, no decent full backs, no pace and no cutting age. Just because TB has taken this and made it worse doesn't mean PF should have stayed.

Did he?

MSK
27-04-2014, 04:31 PM

A bunch of silly wee laddies asking questions at the players entrance is not going to make any difference.So your theory is to sit behind a ****ing keyboard & patronise anyone who dares make an effort !!!

Northernhibee
27-04-2014, 04:31 PM
No positive from Fenlon, sorry. I have no idea how people can come out with this. Pat got us embarrassed in 2 cup finals and in Europe. We are now in the history books for the wrong reasons and if you'd rather Hibs reach a SC final and getting ripped to pieces then something is wrong. After seeing what occurred in both and in Europe I honestly wished we had never reached both. History doesn't lie. In his tenure, he managed to make us an even bigger laughing stock but people still support him...

He has put us in the history books for all the wrong reasons but yet he is seen as a positive but 15 fans making a stand is embarrassing. Where is the logical thinking?

I've never seen a manager keep his job after getting such a bad drubbing in Europe after a drubbing in a SC final...

Would you rather we were just humped out of the fourth (?) round of the Scottish Cup against Raith instead of getting cash in the clubs coffers?

pontius pilate
27-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I can only applaud those waiting outside wanting answers as others have said on here at least they are taking some kind of action/stand. Too many on here thinknthe workd wilk fall apart if petrie got ousted I have vehemently been against oor rod for the last 2 years. I reckon if more people got vocal in the stands and after games we may get our voices heard. Everyone else to blame apart from the custodians of our club

theonlywayisup
27-04-2014, 04:34 PM

Don't have any answers myself, but a least you are doing something.

The downward spiral continues at Easter Road. We are a complete joke of a team and a club. The Championship beckons. If we are relegated, it could be a couple of years before we are fit to return.

About time some fans woke up and smelt the coffee!

An embarrassing joke of a club.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 04:35 PM
I can only applaud those waiting outside wanting answers as others have said on here at least they are taking some kind of action/stand. Too many on here thinknthe workd wilk fall apart if petrie got ousted I have vehemently been against oor rod for the last 2 years. I reckon if more people got vocal in the stands and after games we may get our voices heard. Everyone else to blame apart from the custodians of our club

Well said.

jeffers
Did he?

Yup, my mate knows him quite well.

madhatter
Can we please stop with this PF trash? He admitted he couldn't do it, he brought no wingers in, no proper fullbacks and the entire centre of his team was void apart from Griffiths. Oh and incidentally, the only thing PF seemed to do in terms of "getting the best" out of Griffiths was to invite teams on us for 90mins, with the regular sideways passes and then hope that one of the long punts up the field landed at his feet and that he managed to score one hell of a goal.

I guess the first half against Falkirk was just that he was still "trying" to build a team? Embarrassment after embarrassment in every big game - televised embarrassment. I'd rather we were knocked out earlier than get publicly humiliated each time. Interviews with fans before the big games with us saying "we can win it!" Just to be embarrassed from the get go.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 04:36 PM
So your theory is to sit behind a ****ing keyboard & patronise anyone who dares make an effort !!!

Why change the habit of a lifetime?

NAE NOOKIE

Good for you lads ... if we lose to Partick next week I'll join you.

Seen a few folk on here slagging you off coz it wont make a difference or whatever, big deal. Its time for change at the very top of this club starting with a statement ( not a fkng hint) from Tom Farmer that the club is for sale and that he is actively looking for a new owner.

I am utterly sick and tired of seeing us humiliated by Hearts especially at home and failing miserably in the league season after season. Its time to stop slagging the players who simply are not good enough...... or the latest poor sucker to be handed the **** on a stick which is the managers job at Hibs.

Perhaps any new owner will be a nutter who will drag us to the brink .......... but I'm starting to think its better to go out in a blaze of glory than suffer this creeping death with the club a laughing stock run by folk who obviously don't care that we are a skid mark on the breeks of Scottish football.

I doubt there is a club in the world where the owner and chairman have presided over such a lengthy period of miserable underachievement and yet managed to avoid the fans collective anger. Anybody who still thinks that STF and RP should be immune from this harsh footballing truth coz they actually don't like football or they managed to squeeze a few more thousand from the latest club to cherry pick our talent needs to get a grip. These folk are getting the Hibernian football club they deserve.

If you own a club make it a success ...... If you cant find someone who can ..... or at least who is willing to give it a go FFS !!!

Famer out ..... Petrie out

Yours Faithfully

Mr A Hearts bitch .......................... AGAIN !!!

madhatter
Would you rather we were just humped out of the fourth (?) round of the Scottish Cup against Raith instead of getting cash in the clubs coffers?

What difference does it make? Where is the evidence that this money goes towards the playing staff? Were you at the Malmo game? You think fans were thinking "this is great, at least the club have pocketed some money!"?

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 04:39 PM

and this "protest" is going to stop us being relegated is it?

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 04:40 PM
I hope this is just the start, i hope we as a support make it as uncomfortable as possible for Petrie and STF, but to be honest there will hardly be any bugger there at the games now to make any kind of protest.

The leadership from the top down have strangled this club to total apathy, but nevermind we have a new 5 year plan starting this Monday.

Northernhibee
27-04-2014, 04:41 PM
What difference does it make? Where is the evidence that this money goes towards the playing staff? Were you at the Malmo game? You think fans were thinking "this is great, at least the club have pocketed some money!"?

No, I don't but if a change is to be made it has to be a positive change.

So far the change has been far from positive.

madhatter
27-04-2014, 04:42 PM

Years worth of apathy. It is deeply bedded now. Does it really matter? I think we need change whether we are relegated or not. Also, on today's showing we are relegated. I cannot see us winning or drawing any game. Especially if we play like we did - Nelson "passing" it into the stands and so on...

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 04:43 PM

The status quo (in the boardroom) is hardly positive at the moment either is it?

I've had minimal dealings with the Hibs board over the last few years but they seem to have their finger nowhere near the pulse of the majority of the support I come into contact with.

Northernhibee
27-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Years worth of apathy. It is deeply bedded now. Does it really matter? I think we need change whether we are relegated or not. Also, on today's showing we are relegated. I cannot see us winning or drawing any game. Especially if we play like we did - Nelson "passing" it into the stands and so on...

I thought Nelson was alright today but he seems to be another scapegoat.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 04:44 PM

Because our main problem is STILL here.

Beefster
27-04-2014, 04:44 PM

How do you know getting rid of Rodders would be a positive change?

It's pretty difficult to say definitively that change is going to be positive (unless it's swapping the missus for Olivia Munn or winning the lottery). Not changing things that aren't working is effectively settling for things being pish though.

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 04:45 PM

From today's showing I actually feel we have much more chance of staying up. What I can't see is how a protest now is going to help anything. Its just going to reverse any improvement we saw between last week and today.

I get that people are angry and I get that change is needed but this is just plain stupid as it is going to hinder us more than anything.

Northernhibee
27-04-2014, 04:45 PM
The status quo (in the boardroom) is hardly positive at the moment either is it?

I've had minimal dealings with the Hivs board over the last few years but they seem to have their finger nowhere near the pulse of the majority of the support I come into contact with.

But it's not enough to demand change without being able to say what we change to - that's what got us into this relegation battle in the first place.

Who do we get to buy the club? How do we make sure that they will invest?

Don't get me wrong, I want Petrie out and a real change at board level but what do we change to?

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Very smug indeed, all of your comments have been. We are in this position because Fenlon and Calderwood got far too long and Petrie never ever properly backs a manager. He may appoint the right one (Collins) but doesn't give any £. We will get 3-4th choice signings as per usual. So, yes, I feel Butcher will achieve much with Hibs if given some freedom which, with, Petrie and Farmer around won't happen.

We could appoint Sir Alex and give him no cash and he'd fail. Appointment may be right but that doesn't condone failure to back the manager financially.

Fair enough your comments are.

madhatter
27-04-2014, 04:47 PM

He defended OK but his distribution is shocking constantly. The "pass" out wide in the second half was shameful. Really was. I did state "so on..." though, it isn't just Nelson, it is the whole team. If it was just 1 player, we wouldn't be where we are.

eggbamyasi
27-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Agree spotting alot of that couple of posters on here saying should have kept fenlon sack butcher and I remember threads they started demanding fenlon be booted immediately lol . Personally think petrie change mabey good thing but I defo dont think we sack or push out butcher . Would be really stupid imo .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
27-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Exactly. The apathy at this club is almost as poor as our Managers CV

Winston Ingram
27-04-2014, 04:50 PM

:confused:

He was his usual catastrophic self

B.H.F.C
27-04-2014, 04:51 PM
The general lack of acceptance around the stadium today said it all. Feels like the crowd have chucked it, never mind the club. Rotten to the core.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 04:52 PM
But it's not enough to demand change without being able to say what we change to - that's what got us into this relegation battle in the first place.

Who do we get to buy the club? How do we make sure that they will invest?

Don't get me wrong, I want Petrie out and a real change at board level but what do we change to?

The thing is I know you are 100% right and that the demand for change is somewhat knee jerk.

We do need someone with a fresh, long term plan to take thibgs forward. I'm not one who won't give Petrie any credit, he has done a lot of good for Hibs which is plain to see for those who are willing to see it but we are clearly stagnating, if not regressing. Maybe a change at the top would help in that it would see a fresh image and remove the focal point for a lot of the frustrations.

Equally I think the Hibs board have become very good at defelcting and rebuffing the 'we're no happy, change now' brigade. What we really need is an organised campaign with a real, well thought out and finacially viable alternative. Sadly, due to a variety of factors, I don't think we will see that.

madhatter
27-04-2014, 04:52 PM
From today's showing I actually feel we have much more chance of staying up. What I can't see is how a protest now is going to help anything. Its just going to reverse any improvement we saw between last week and today.

I get that people are angry and I get that change is needed but this is just plain stupid as it is going to hinder us more than anything.

Hinder what? The decay? I honestly don't see any positives from today. What you have basically said was last week's performance was shocking but this week's is very poor so we have had some improvement...

The players would, I hope, have been up more for the Derby so a slight improvement is the least to be expected but I can assure you from past experience next game normally resorts to utter garbage - even after a Derby win, that is what happens.

I guess taking action is "plain stupid" but living in hope is not? Living in hope after 4+ years of decline as well.

Golden Bear
27-04-2014, 04:54 PM

I totally agree with this post.

We are where we are right now and it's up to EVERYONE associated with the Club to unite together as one and battle our way out of the mess we find ourselves in.

Now is not the time to protest - that can wait until our place in next season's SPL has been secured. There were fleeting signs of improvement today and I would hope that TB will keep today's line up together (barring injury) for the crucial games ahead.

Hibercelona
27-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Everybody having a go at the OP should have a word. 15 may not make a difference. But if it were 15,000, it would.

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 04:57 PM

I totally agree with this post.

We are where we are right now and it's up to EVERYONE associated with the Club to unite together as one and battle our way out of the mess we find ourselves in.

Now is not the time to protest - that can wait until our place in next season's SPL has been secured. There were fleeting signs of improvement today and I would hope that TB will keep today's line up together (barring injury) for the crucial games ahead.

While I can see this...I also think every fan has their own breaking point. Some renew..some don't...some want to protest..some don't.

Personally I have no problem with a protest - though it needs strength in numbers to be taken seriously.

The season is going to finish 2 ways...

relegation via playoffs and there will be a riot at ER - manager and board out.

We stay up - Fans say Butcher needs time and bring in his own players..(all the usual rubbish) - people forget about the mess we are in and RP and co carry on as normal.

The cycle then repeats next season - groundhog days with the same threads and angry fan reactions.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 04:57 PM

Nelson scapegoat? Nelson had a good game?

Holy **** I'm in shock!!!!!!!!!

He was horrific at best. How was his distribution?? HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFF!

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 05:06 PM

:faf:

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 05:08 PM
...We stay up - Fans say Butcher needs time and bring in his own players..(all the usual rubbish) - people forget about the mess we are in and RP and co carry on as normal.

The cycle then repeats next season - groundhog days with the same threads and angry fan reactions.

It doesn't have to be that way for the second scenario. We should get out of this mess first which I think we can do.

Once it has settled down we should get some sort of consensus together as a fan group (not just 15 fans) and tell the club in a calm civilised way that we will not support the club like we do until we get assurances that there will be some sort of change to the way we have been heading, for example with introducing some accountability to our results.

We are too important to ignore if we go about it in a planned way with the backing of a number of fans, we are too easy to ignore if we just scream for people to be sacked when we lose a derby.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Everybody having a go at the OP should have a word. 15 may not make a difference. But if it were 15,000, it would.

mcfly
27-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Our boards cheapskate approach to signing poor players has come back to bite us.

Mr Petrie must surely know fans are leaving in droves if he had opened his eyes and saw the empty stands today.

Fans are fed up with his penny pinching and if we go down which could happen the blame lies firmly with him as this has been going on for years.

Jones28
27-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Kudos to those trying to make an effort to change things. At least they're giving it a go positively rather than just saying they're not giving Hibs any more money. That's where it would hurt.

greenpaper55
27-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Two years ago we were in the same position we are in now and managed to stave off relegation and we all thought that we would it move on as a team and never be in that position again but lo and behold it's happened. Lessons were never learned and to be in the same position again is bordering on the criminal with the resources we have. Time for the incompetents to go before they ruin our club.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Kudos to those trying to make an effort to change things. At least they're giving it a go positively rather than just saying they're not giving Hibs any more money. That's where it would hurt.

So they are giving it a go positively, but just going about it the wrong way?

Franck Stanton
27-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Silly comment. Of course it isn't. However, it lets the owner/directors/manager/team know that we, as Hibs supporters, are sick to the back teeth of the crap football/mis-management of our once great Club.
At least those outside he stand are trying to do something about he situation, not just spouting anger via the inernet. IMO, if we lose to PT next week there should be a lot more than the 15 brave souls there today protesting. And what do the guys trying to do something get ? Slagged rotten. Jeez some folk.

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 05:22 PM
The thing is I know you are 100% right and that the demand for change is somewhat knee jerk.

We do need someone with a fresh, long term plan to take thibgs forward. I'm not one who won't give Petrie any credit, he has done a lot of good for Hibs which is plain to see for those who are willing to see it but we are clearly stagnating, if not regressing. Maybe a change at the top would help in that it would see a fresh image and remove the focal point for a lot of the frustrations.

Equally I think the Hibs board have become very good at defelcting and rebuffing the 'we're no happy, change now' brigade. What we really need is an organised campaign with a real, well thought out and finacially viable alternative. Sadly, due to a variety of factors, I don't think we will see that.
Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly. ~Francis Bacon

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Silly comment. Of course it isn't. However, it lets the owner/directors/manager/team know that we, as Hibs supporters, are sick to the back teeth of the crap football/mis-management of our once great Club.
At least those outside he stand are trying to do something about he situation, not just spouting anger via the inernet. IMO, if we lose to PT next week there should be a lot more than the 15 brave souls there today protesting. And what do the guys trying to do something get ? Slagged rotten. Jeez some folk.

What, they should be admired for achieving nothing?

One Day Soon
27-04-2014, 05:29 PM

The only thing that matters just now is avoiding relegation. Anything else at the moment is a distraction. For a club and team low in confidence and not getting many lucky breaks anything that isn't actively helping avoid relegation is a dangerous and reckless distraction.

Fergus52
27-04-2014, 05:30 PM

Yeah, that's the real reason TB was brought in :faf:

jeezo

One Day Soon
27-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly. ~Francis Bacon

The Yams did not rip off the taxman spontaneously, they did it designedly. - A Hibs Fan

sleeping giant
27-04-2014, 05:32 PM
The only thing that matters just now is avoiding relegation. Anything else at the moment is a distraction. For a club and team low in confidence and not getting many lucky breaks anything that isn't actively helping avoid relegation is a dangerous and reckless distraction.

agree completely

Springbank
27-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I say fair play to those who protested

I would see them as the tip of an iceberg

The one thing I would seek to change is the approach to the media and especially the way we never complain enough about injustices - from mcgowans headbutt on sproule onwards.

We need needle
We need a bit of badness
We need to wind up opposition fans and reignite our own support
Forget all that stuff about not wanting to see hearts relegated that some players said

We needed a club policy of saying loudly and clearly cheats get what they deserve and their plight was of no interest to us let them Rot

We need this combative edge as an institution
We don't have it
And onthe park it shows

After you Claude, oh look, we're one nil down ffs

What a shower

It needs to change from the top - attitude if not personnel

Franck Stanton
27-04-2014, 05:34 PM

And how are they achieving nothing ? They are, at the very least letting Rod know that there is unrest within the support, now I know Rod will not pay attention to only 15, but it isn't their fault only 15 fans chose to protest. As already stated, if we lose to PT next week, I think there will be [quite rightly] more than just 15protesting.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Given an infinite number of monkeys, and an infinite number of typewriters, it is only a matter of time till one of them types the entire works if Shakespeare. (Or something similar).

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 05:36 PM
The Yams did not rip off the taxman spontaneously, they did it designedly. - A Hibs Fan
did it work? why you bring up the mutants?

pontius pilate
27-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Ive stated alreday I applaud those making a stand. What I would like to see happen is

1, this 5 year plan- what is it and when did it start?
2, investment in playing squad- identify approach and acquire said targets and the first opportunity
3, fans- talk to us the fans let us know things instead of treating us like mushrooms ( kept in the dark and fed *****)
4, for sale- is the club for sale if so be proactive and find a buyer do due diligance but for god sakes either invest or sell up instead of marking time
5, familiarity breeds contempt- STF has stated he wishes he had 100 RP why because he knows the man knows how he works ( familiarity) and its us the fans being treated with contempt. Change things up bring in a DOF to do at least points 1,2,4 we are the lifwblood of the club without us the custodians have nothing
. How long do we as a support do nothing many of us come on here after another bad resukt after another and vent out frustartions out on here about the state of the club great thats what its here for but by god take it to them the board management team the players be loud and be proud vent the frustration to them at the game let them know that we will no longer stand for medioricty any longer. Only then will we be in a position to say we have supported you now you the custodians support us now you the management twan and players listen to us. We are hibernian not the players not the owner not the board us the Supporters and its about time we done aomething to get our club back.

all of the above is just my humble opinion

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 05:37 PM

That was a rhetorical question responding to a statement implying that they are trying to save us from relegation by protesting.

If you read my other posts, I'm not against change and not against fans action. I'm just arguing that this protest is silly, will not do anyone any good and could actually put our premier league status even further into jeopardy thus achieving the opposite of the desired result.

Its not very brave to stand and shout, its brave to keep supporting the club. Change should be made when we are not in a dogfight.

Gus Fring
27-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Heard from 2 members of staff who got verbal abuse when leaving this afternoon, if the problem is Petrie then take it up with him but abusing people doing their job is out of order IMO.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:39 PM
And how are they achieving nothing ? They are, at the very least letting Rod know that there is unrest within the support, now I know Rod will not pay attention to only 15, but it isn't their fault only 15 fans chose to protest. As already stated, if we lose to PT next week, I think there will be [quite rightly] more than just 15protesting.

Are you serious?

MurrayfieldHibs
I say fair play to those who protested

I would see them as the tip of an iceberg

The one thing I would seek to change is the approach to the media and especially the way we never complain enough about injustices - from mcgowans headbutt on sproule onwards.

We need needle
We need a bit of badness
We need to wind up opposition fans and reignite our own support
Forget all that stuff about not wanting to see hearts relegated that some players said

We needed a club policy of saying loudly and clearly cheats get what they deserve and their plight was of no interest to us let them Rot

We need this combative edge as an institution
We don't have it
And onthe park it shows

After you Claude, oh look, we're one nil down ffs

What a shower

It needs to change from the top - attitude if not personnel

I agree with all of this Springbank. :aok:

The problem is lack of leadership at the very top. Petrie is well past his sell by date. We need someone who understands football, understands passion, understands desire. This accountant isn't that person. We will not progress until he leaves.

Fergus52

Getting to a scottish cup final two years in a row is a great achievement, hadn't been done by a team outside of the old firm since dundee utd in the mid 80s.
Malmo are a pretty good team and would easily beat anyone in Scotland minus celtic.
He brought in some duds, but also some very good players.

^ all of the above are also "facts" btw :na na:

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 05:40 PM

:agree: exactly this.

Thecat23

If it was 1500 would it then achieve something? Numbers mean very little here. Petrie knows he's now under real pressure. Folk may not have joined the protest but I'll bet you all the money you like they will vote with their feet and with ST sales struggling lets see who is laughing come next season.

As everyone of you lot have avoided my question about Petrie I assume you done have an answer??

If you missed it here it is again... Right now what does Petrie bring to Hibs that is good or benefits us? How much compo has been spent on his failures bringing in poor managers?

JimBHibees

Completely agree any demonstrations should be kept for the end of the season, this sort of guff does no good at this present time as we are in a relegation battle and need everyone pulling together.

Stantons Angel
27-04-2014, 05:41 PM

This is the bottom line in all of it!!! You got what you wanted!!!

Everytime the fans have turned on the manager wanting him out, Petrie and the board have done what was asked of them, every time! He has given every manager we have had over the last few years money to strengthen their own team.

Now you are blaming him for today's defeat too............... the ridiculous is getting too ridiculous!!!

If Petrie is to stand down like most are saying, who do you want to take over? Who is your replacement? i have read constantly that he should go, but no one has an idea of a replacement?

You want Farmer to go, who replaces him, who has money to float in the way some Hibs fans on here want? No one has any idea of who will take over the reigns?

If both go and we have no backer, no executive officer, how long do you think it will take for Hibs to start down that slippery slope?????

Until you have someone or some sort of plan for someone to take over, your wee mini protests get you on the front of the papers and make a mockery out of the rest of us.

Yes we have put up with more than enough embarrassment this season and thank God its nearly over, but you cant get rid of the people at the top until you have someone with the same finances and knowledge of keeping a football club going, ready to step in.

This is MY opinion and i know you wont all agree with it, but i am so tired of the calls being made and demands for answers when there is no suggestions to back them up!

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Given an infinite number of monkeys, and an infinite number of typewriters, it is only a matter of time till one of them types the entire works if Shakespeare. (Or something similar).
Petrie still has to go man - imo . The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind. ~William Blake LOL

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Getting to a scottish cup final two years in a row is a great achievement, hadn't been done by a team outside of the old firm since dundee utd in the mid 80s.
Malmo are a pretty good team and would easily beat anyone in Scotland minus celtic.
He brought in some duds, but also some very good players.

^ all of the above are also "facts" btw :na na:

They are achievements if you win it. Take away Leigh and we were honking. No way and I mean no way can the Malmo game be defended. He was so far out his depth it was frightening. From part time football to that showed him right up for what he was. A poor SPL manager.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 05:45 PM

Everytime the fans have turned on the manager wanting him out, Petrie and the board have done what was asked of them, every time! He has given every manager we have had over the last few years money to strengthen their own team.

Now you are blaming him for today's defeat too............... the ridiculous is getting too ridiculous!!!

If Petrie is to stand down like most are saying, who do you want to take over? Who is your replacement? i have read constantly that he should go, but no one has an idea of a replacement?

You want Farmer to go, who replaces him, who has money to float in the way some Hibs fans on here want? No one has any idea of who will take over the reigns?

If both go and we have no backer, no executive officer, how long do you think it will take for Hibs to start down that slippery slope?????

Until you have someone or some sort of plan for someone to take over, your wee mini protests get you on the front of the papers and make a mockery out of the rest of us.

Yes we have put up with more than enough embarrassment this season and thank God its nearly over, but you cant get rid of the people at the top until you have someone with the same finances and knowledge of keeping a football club going, ready to step in.

This is MY opinion and i know you wont all agree with it, but i am so tired of the calls being made and demands for answers when there is no suggestions to back them up!

Why do WE have to have a replacement? He's not always backed managers he's backed managers third and fourth signing choice.

What would you do if both walked???

One Day Soon
27-04-2014, 05:45 PM

You think he wasn't already aware of all this? Seriously?

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2014, 05:46 PM

And exactly how far has AGMs, fans groups and pressing the flesh in behind the goals with Rod Petrie got us in the last 7 years?

Atmosphere at ER ................ Rank ..... not all the clubs fault, but symptomatic of the malaise.
Team on the park ................. Rank

Anyway ........ I wouldn't be so harsh on folk who achieve nothing ...... I understand that under these circumstances they will still allow you to run a football club.

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 05:46 PM

This is MY opinion and i know you wont all agree with it, but i am so tired of the calls being made and demands for answers when there is no suggestions to back them up! there is always an alternative - be it good or bad - but somethings broken and change is required be it players again or something more dramatic :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Petrie still has to go man - you still miffed cause you ran outa things to say earlier ? The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind. ~William Blake LOL

I think it's you who is running out of things to say - why else are you relying on quotes you have googled? LOL

Just think how useful they would have been in all those letters you were going to write Sidney.

Gus Fring
27-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Here's someone else who works at Hibs on Twitter.

John Stephens (https://twitter.com/JohnStephens07) ‏@JohnStephens07 (https://twitter.com/JohnStephens07/status/460436733705080832)
(https://twitter.com/JohnStephens07/status/460436733705080832)I got abused by the west stand protesters outside Easter Road. Definitely didn't expect that from the S3 mob (https://twitter.com/JohnStephens07/status/460436733705080832)

Good work lads :rolleyes:

.Sean.
27-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Can somebody please brief the last seven pages please?

Hopefully there's not been too much infighting. Seen a few folk square going in the East before half time, horrible and poisonous but understandable as passions are running high.

Phil D. Rolls
And exactly how far has AGMs, fans groups and pressing the flesh in behind the goals with Rod Petrie got us in the last 7 years?

Atmosphere at ER ................ Rank ..... not all the clubs fault, but symptomatic of the malaise.
Team on the park ................. Rank

Anyway ........ I wouldn't be so harsh on folk who achieve nothing ...... I understand that under these circumstances they will still allow you to run a football club.

I don't dispute that there is a problem. I do dispute that a bunch of teenagers shouting abuse at support staff is the right way to do it.

I wish the OP could answer some of the points, but clearly he is busy in talks with RP at the moment.

sleeping giant
Petrie still has to go man - you still miffed cause you ran outa things to say earlier ? The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind. ~William Blake LOL

The Doors of perception...Erm....Erm. I Cannae mind the rest :greengrin

HFC 0-7

Right, so you are saying these guys are the type of people that made Fenlon go, then you go onto say that they are silly we laddies that will make no difference?!?! Silly ladies that can't make a difference but they have the power to make a manager resign? Yeah your logic is sound.

You openly admit the club is in a mess, yet you slate anybody that wants to confront the people at the helm for the mess? So, your answer is to stay silent, do nothing as the club edges towards a playoff place and if so more than likely relegation to a division that will have the likes of rangers, hearts, raith, Dunfermline? If that happens how likely is it that we would get back up to the top flight at the first time of asking and whilst we are down there still afford to keep our 4 stands open and lovely training centre running!

Those fans want Petrie to comment on what he plans on doing, how the current situation features in his mysterious 5 year plan. You have given theses guys a hard time for trying to do something pro active for their club whilst you try and hammer those fans from behind your keyboard as yet another season starts drawing to a close unsure of what league we will be playing in next season.

One Day Soon
27-04-2014, 05:52 PM
did it work? why you bring up the mutants?

Take
A
Wild
Guess

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Can somebody please brief the last seven pages please?

Hopefully there's not been too much infighting. Seen a few folk square going in the East before half time, horrible and poisonous but understandable as passions are running high.

The OP ( who hasn't been heard from since ) claimed that he and his mates had been protesting outside the stand.

We've spent a few pages discussing if this is in the best interests of Hibs. But the OP, and most of his mates, have not said anything since page one.

Gatecrasher
27-04-2014, 05:55 PM
It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. I applaud them and I think the numbers will increase as relegation looms closer. To have only won 2 games? In 2014 is a pathetic record.

patch1875
27-04-2014, 05:55 PM
The OP ( who hasn't been heard from since ) claimed that he and his mates had been protesting outside the stand.

We've spent a few pages discussing if this is in the best interests of Hibs. But the OP, and most of his mates, have not said anything since page one.

Maybe their doing an overnighter protest outside petries house in longniddry

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 05:57 PM
:(

Franck Stanton
27-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Are you serious?
Okay, so you are against the supporters protest - what is your solution ? Just accept the lethargy ? Not buy S/T ? [which wont help anyone] Do nothing?

HFC 0-7
27-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Completely agree any demonstrations should be kept for the end of the season, this sort of guff does no good at this present time as we are in a relegation battle and need everyone pulling together.

The problem is that these protests have been on the back burner for a few seasons. Each time things seem like coming to a head there is a glimmer of hope, a cup final, a win against hearts, an out of the blue good display.

Each time ,the cracks are papered and Petrie rides it out until the end of the season, things started brewing this season, so Fenlon resigns (probably with pressure from Petrie) and the pressure is pressure is taken off Petrie again. Now we are in a terrible position but with no cup final to ease the pressure, no game against hearts to win. If we don't voice our concerns and we get to the end of the season again, Petrie will have the pressure off again, get to the end of the season and this season will fade way again.

If the team is crap and is struggling there is never a good time to demand change.

Paisley Hibby
27-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Aye no bother Petrie.

But aye its my fault...

I don't get this thing about Collins being alright. Sure, he won the LC but with a team that had been largely put together before he got the job. His record as a manager of other clubs since he left us speaks volumes. Great player, great hibby but not cut out to be a manager.

Phil D. Rolls
Right, so you are saying these guys are the type of people that made Fenlon go, then you go onto say that they are silly we laddies that will make no difference?!?! Silly ladies that can't make a difference but they have the power to make a manager resign? Yeah your logic is sound.

You openly admit the club is in a mess, yet you slate anybody that wants to confront the people at the helm for the mess? So, your answer is to stay silent, do nothing as the club edges towards a playoff place and if so more than likely relegation to a division that will have the likes of rangers, hearts, raith, Dunfermline? If that happens how likely is it that we would get back up to the top flight at the first time of asking and whilst we are down there still afford to keep our 4 stands open and lovely training centre running!

Those fans want Petrie to comment on what he plans on doing, how the current situation features in his mysterious 5 year plan. You have given theses guys a hard time for trying to do something pro active for their club whilst you try and hammer those fans from behind your keyboard as yet another season starts drawing to a close unsure of what league we will be playing in next season.

I'd happily tell them to their face that they are fuds, but seeing as they raised the matter on the internet, I thought it best to use a keyboard.

I'm slagging off futile gestures that achieve nothing. However, if their pressure forces Petrie into a statement I'm happy to reconsider my views.

Sorry, but their motives might be genuine, but their methods are pitiful. Yes they have the power to make a noise that gets a manager the sack, no they don't achieve anything by doing that.

GreenCastle
Or we stay up an it works with Butcher's players in the team. Doesn't fit your agenda I know.

We could stay up - looking 50/50 right now.

Butcher has 2 serious jobs to do -

1 - make us safe this season - running out of time / games.

2 - make us better next season - He will have seriously done a great job if he turns this mess around and gets us into top 6 minimum - ideally top 4 next season.

My worry having watched all of his games is the lack of plan / structure / style of play which is going to achieve point 1.

Point 2 - he will have summer to develop - but no excuses from him / posters on here if the team doesn't start well.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Good on them for actually voicing their opinions rather than just sitting back and doing nothing.

We are going backwards at an alarming rate on the pitch and it's time that serious changes take place at the top of the club.

HFC 0-7
27-04-2014, 06:05 PM
I'd happily tell them to their face that they are fuds, but seeing as they raised the matter on the internet, I thought it best to use a keyboard.

I'm slagging off futile gestures that achieve nothing. However, if their pressure forces Petrie into a statement I'm happy to reconsider my views.

Sorry, but their motives might be genuine, but their methods are pitiful. Yes they have the power to make a noise that gets a manager the sack, no they don't achieve anything by doing that.

Are they wanting the manager to get sacked? Sounds to me like they are gunning for Petrie, and want answers, if Petrie instead sacks the manager to save his own skin it tells you more about Petrie and why having him at the helm will never provide success on the pitch as he is more worried about his position than anything else.

I just don't get you, these people are silly laddies, fuds, tits, sparry heids and you don't think they will get a statement from Petrie, but, you think they are drawing enough attention that the manager could get sacked?

emerald green
27-04-2014, 06:06 PM
]I thought Nelson was alright today [/B]but he seems to be another scapegoat.

You must be joking. :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Okay, so you are against the supporters protest - what is your solution ? Just accept the lethargy ? Not buy S/T ? [which wont help anyone] Do nothing?

No, I think we should become increasingly hysterical about the situation, until our judgement is so screwed that we are reduced to futile and pathetic gestures of protest.

Failing that, we could organise sensibly and possibly consider ways to buy Tom Farmer out. The time will come when the club is up for sale, maybe a bit of succession planning is in order.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 06:08 PM
No, I think we should become increasingly hysterical about the situation, until our judgement is so screwed that we are reduced to futile and pathetic gestures of protest.

Failing that, we could organise sensibly and possibly consider ways to buy Tom Farmer out. The time will come when the club is up for sale, maybe a bit of succession planning is in order.

If Hibs go up for sale and us fans get it god help us. Because some seem happy with being ****ing *****. I certainly don't want to be part of that with guys who have no ambition.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Are they wanting the manager to get sacked? Sounds to me like they are gunning for Petrie, and want answers, if Petrie instead sacks the manager to save his own skin it tells you more about Petrie and why having him at the helm will never provide success on the pitch as he is more worried about his position than anything else.

I just don't get you, these people are silly laddies, fuds, tits, sparry heids and you don't think they will get a statement from Petrie, but, you think they are drawing enough attention that the manager could get sacked?

It's a fair question. I think that the mob does have power, but that it isn't always used wisely. I think the mob got Fenlon the sack - whether they used their power wisely there is a matter for debate.

Ray_
27-04-2014, 06:13 PM

The one thing that is very obvious and damming is that in every area of Hibs we are performing very poorly and we have been in decline for almost seven years. Any business performing as Hibs have, would have questions asked. The problem has been there for far more than the last seven years, go back to 2000/1, the board and the fans were totally disenfranchised and the debts were around 18M. The one constant in all of this is Tom Farmer's faith in Rod Petrie and when he [Petrie] was lying through his teeth to the Hibs fans, way back then, which caused much of the friction, I thought he should have gone then.

The good fortune of having TM's team to sell apart, nothing RP has done ever since has ever convinced me that my initial opinion of him was anything other than 100% right.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 06:15 PM
If Hibs go up for sale and us fans get it god help us. Because some seem happy with being ****ing *****. I certainly don't want to be part of that with guys who have no ambition.

You've spotted the obvious flaw in my plan.

What would you say are realistic ambitions. I would say that winning the Scottish Cup within five years, and featuring in the group stages of the Europa League, at least once, are realistic. How we can get there though?

emerald green
27-04-2014, 06:15 PM

This. :top marks

.Sean.
27-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Good on them for actually voicing their opinions rather than just sitting back and doing nothing.

We are going backwards at an alarming rate on the pitch and it's time that serious changes take place at the top of the club.
Absolutely. Find myself agreeing with you as always.

They're not happy and are showing they won't tolerate it. Good on them but I fear their protests will fall on deaf ears.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 06:24 PM

Of course ordinary fans don't know who they want to replace Farmer & Petrie. But is it not about time now that Farmer and Petrie took the necessary steps to try to find a buyer for the club, or at least make a statement to let the fans know what their intentions are going forward? "Start down that slippery slope?????. We are well down that slippery slope already, and as custodians of the club they must bear responsibility for that.

Winston Ingram
27-04-2014, 06:26 PM
If it was 1500 would it then achieve something? Numbers mean very little here. Petrie knows he's now under real pressure. Folk may not have joined the protest but I'll bet you all the money you like they will vote with their feet and with ST sales struggling lets see who is laughing come next season.

As everyone of you lot have avoided my question about Petrie I assume you done have an answer??

If you missed it here it is again... Right now what does Petrie bring to Hibs that is good or benefits us? How much compo has been spent on his failures bringing in poor managers?

Crowd today was just over 14k. Shows exactly how the fans are voting

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2014, 06:27 PM
The lessons learned from the former? (tbc) basket-case club AFC would serve any "mob" well...

Dalianwanda
27-04-2014, 06:28 PM

We all care, including Petrie..

Winston Ingram
27-04-2014, 06:29 PM
We could stay up - looking 50/50 right now.

Butcher has 2 serious jobs to do -

1 - make us safe this season - running out of time / games.

2 - make us better next season - He will have seriously done a great job if he turns this mess around and gets us into top 6 minimum - ideally top 4 next season.

My worry having watched all of his games is the lack of plan / structure / style of play which is going to achieve point 1.

Point 2 - he will have summer to develop - but no excuses from him / posters on here if the team doesn't start well.

Is there anything in his 23 years as a football manager other than his only impressive season in top flight football ever last season that makes you think he'll achieve either?

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 06:29 PM
You've spotted the obvious flaw in my plan.

What would you say are realistic ambitions. I would say that winning the Scottish Cup within five years, and featuring in the group stages of the Europa League, at least once, are realistic. How we can get there though?

This I actually agree with. This should be ambitions set now. But they can't be because if they are then those at the top have failed.

If we the fans had it the only way is to start bringing in players we seem to lose to the likes of Aberdeen or Motherwell. About time some money was put in. It won't be though we will sign 3rd or fourth targets as have done many times before (Matt Done anyone) so that's why I hope we have a change and a change fast.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 06:33 PM
This I actually agree with. This should be ambitions set now. But they can't be because if they are then those at the top have failed.

If we the fans had it the only way is to start bringing in players we seem to lose to the likes of Aberdeen or Motherwell. About time some money was put in. It won't be though we will sign 3rd or fourth targets as have done many times before (Matt Done anyone) so that's why I hope we have a change and a change fast.

I accept that the board have set out the extent of their ambition. For whatever reason (OK because of a succession of poor managers, TB included) they have failed to grow the club organically. I hark back to the days of Alex Miller, where he was able to trade his way to a successful team, we seem to bring in stop gaps all the time.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 06:35 PM
So they are giving it a go positively, but just going about it the wrong way?

OK, since you rubbish and patronise everyone calling for change, and just about everything they say and even how they choose to go about it, what would you suggest to bring about change at the top of our club. Or do you think everything is just fine?

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Is there anything in his 23 years as a football manager other than his only impressive season in top flight football ever last season that makes you think he'll achieve either?

I can't see it, he's made a total **** of it since he arrived. Remember, people's gripe with Fenlon was that he might not make top six. Butcher has waded in and created a crisis.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 06:39 PM
I accept that the board have set out the extent of their ambition. For whatever reason (OK because of a succession of poor managers, TB included) they have failed to grow the club organically. I hark back to the days of Alex Miller, where he was able to trade his way to a successful team, we seem to bring in stop gaps all the time.

I've no idea what's happened with TB but I refuse to believe he's poor. Fenlon was given time and if folk think he wS sacked to quickly then surely to god they don't think we should sack TB before he's given a decent transfer window? Granted he should be doing so much better but problems in Hibs just now are just the tip of the iceberg if you ask me.

Millers days were horrible and although we won a trophy it's a period of time I'd rather forget. He was at us for 10 years or something and it was long enough.

We are a complete mess and Petrie is top of the tree for blame. Butcher and the players after. But anyone blaming the fans for this need their head read and have a brass neck to be honest.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 06:42 PM

Might be nice if you could let us know what's happened, and also if you answered some of the questions asked - like whether the players came out of the players lounge laughing, or if it was because they'd been signing autographs.

I've no idea what's happened with TB but I refuse to believe he's poor. Fenlon was given time and if folk think he wS sacked to quickly then surely to god they don't think we should sack TB before he's given a decent transfer window? Granted he should be doing so much better but problems in Hibs just now are just the tip of the iceberg if you ask me.

Millers days were horrible and although we won a trophy it's a period of time I'd rather forget. He was at us for 10 years or something and it was long enough.

We are a complete mess and Petrie is top of the tree for blame. Butcher and the players after. But anyone blaming the fans for this need their head read and have a brass neck to be honest.

No, the fans are not to blame. But, I am no big fan of protests either. I can think of few cases in football where there has been a positive outcome.

madhatter
27-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Might be nice if you could let us know what's happened, and also if you answered some of the questions asked - like whether the players came out of the players lounge laughing, or if it was because they'd been signing autographs.

No, the fans are not to blame. But, I am no big fan of protests either. I can think of few cases in football where there has been a positive outcome.

Ok, no protest. Then what? Instead of shooting everything down, suggest something. I can't thinnk of any cases in football where doing nothing has a positive outcome.

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Here's someone else who works at Hibs on Twitter.

Good work lads :rolleyes:

"15 brave souls" (A hibs.netter, 2014)

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Ok, no protest. Then what? Instead of shooting everything down, suggest something. I can't thinnk of any cases in football where doing nothing has a positive outcome.

Really, how about Man Utd. sticking with Ferguson for two years. Doing nothing had a positive outcome there.

I think that protests, where the objectives haven't been thought through, are futile and wasteful. Unless you are able to get a CVA and bump people you've ripped off along the way.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 06:57 PM
What were the questions that answers were being demanded for?

madhatter
27-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Really, how about Man Utd. sticking with Ferguson for two years. Doing nothing had a positive outcome there.

I think that protests, where the objectives haven't been thought through, are futile and wasteful. Unless you are able to get a CVA and bump people you've ripped off along the way.

Man Utd and Ferguson, where is the remotest similarity with Hibs? Ferguson got lucky - he got the "golden" generation. We sold ours and built a training centre for muppets and new stands that are empty...

We've been doing nothing for 5+ years so when do we call it?

Hibeesmad
27-04-2014, 07:04 PM
I was there after the game for this 'protest' I wasn't involved in any way, I was there waiting on Butcher to come out just so I could ask a few questions and as a fan express my opinions and feelings on what's happening at the club.

Firstly, there were about 15-20 people there, mostly drunk who came chanting "we only want answers", "Petrie show your face" etc..

John Collins, Beuzilin and Steven Whittaker all came out from the west stand reception after obviously watching the game. Boozy and Collins getting good chants and applause from the fans, however there was the odd 'hun' comment to Whittaker.

Anyway, the players started to come out, Collins got a lot of abuse and you could see how upset the lad was. Got told he was ****** and that he should leave the club. Liam Craig was called 'captain disaster' and Ryan McGivern got some cheek from the fans too, which he gave back as he went to his Mercedes which one of the fans said they 'paid for'

Cairney came out and looked pretty gutted that he didn't play, he also made a comment that he has never been beaten against Hearts. Kevin Thomson came out, good reception and told a fan that he would love to stay at the club. Rest of the team also came out but nothing much was said. You could see the disappointment in most of the player faces.

Then after all of this there was a couple who came with a rangers book to get signed by Thomson etc, the guy was also wearing a Partick thistle jumper? Anyway one or two hibees gave them abuse which leaded to the large girl getting upset..

Then Rod Petrie walked up the stairs from the bottom of the reception, looked at the fans booing unhappy outside gave a cheeky grin and waved, showing no care in the world.

Then after all of this, Terry Butcher finally came out with his father (who is an absolute gentleman) and answered the fans questions for about 10-15 minutes.

Butcher basically said that the younger players are carrying the team through and the senior players need to step up.

He said that if we play like we did today we will easily stay up.

He said that he's been in this position before and that he understands why fans are angry and doesn't blame them for showing their anger.

He said that Thomson played very well today and that he played well last week and that his fitness is starting to become a lot better.

He said that the team need the crowd behind them

He also went onto say that Hibs are far better team than Hearts but the players just haven't lived up to the game, he said they were ready for the game but just couldn't get the 3 points. He also mentioned that both goals came from set pieces which is obviously not good enough.

He said Forster is out next week and McPake will play for the under 20's Monday so we will see whether he comes back into the team.

Butchers father then wanted to say a few words and said that's the first time he watched a hibs game under butcher as he lives 400 miles away and he said he thought the first half was crap but the second half was much better and that with a bit of luck we could of got an equaliser at the end.

Finally, which is quite interesting. Butcher was asked about bringing signings in to which he replied "we have exciting players lined up who are ready to come in, however we need to make sure we stay up before we bring them in" and as he walked away he told the fans to "keep the faith"

Overall, Butcher came across as intelligent and committed but also disappointed and frustrated but I'm confident he will keep us up and in the summer we will make changes and be stronger next season. GGTTH

Hibernia Na Eir
27-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Guys like Riz tried to make a stand but were mostly shot down by other hibs fans.

Apathy set in like brickwork im afraid.

Phil D. Rolls
Man Utd and Ferguson, where is the remotest similarity with Hibs? Ferguson got lucky - he got the "golden" generation. We sold ours and built a training centre for muppets and new stands that are empty...

We've been doing nothing for 5+ years so when do we call it?

End of the season.

GreenCastle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Butcher

check out his record as manager..win percentage..not good reading.

I wanted TB - I want TB to succeed - but wow he has pressed the self destruct button and that's not just a knee jerk reaction from today.

His players or not he should be getting more out of the players - he seems to be getting 5/10 performances from many of them.

It's a cop out saying these are ex managers players - I'm not backing Fenlon NAND co but he needs to get better of what's at his dispossale.

Anyway - they have 3 games to get through and salvage enough points. The pressure is seriously mounting.

Massive job either way putting together a team that wants to play for you and has some sort of creativity - something we have lacked for years.

madhatter
27-04-2014, 07:12 PM
I was there after the game for this 'protest' I wasn't involved in any way, I was there waiting on Butcher to come out just so I could ask a few questions and as a fan express my opinions and feelings on what's happening at the club.

Firstly, there were about 15-20 people there, mostly drunk who came chanting "we only want answers", "Petrie show your face" etc..

John Collins, Beuzilin and Steven Whittaker all came out from the west stand reception after obviously watching the game. Boozy and Collins getting good chants and applause from the fans, however there was the odd 'hun' comment to Whittaker.

Anyway, the players started to come out, Collins got a lot of abuse and you could see how upset the lad was. Got told he was ****** and that he should leave the club. Liam Craig was called 'captain disaster' and Ryan McGivern got some cheek from the fans too, which he gave back as he went to his Mercedes which one of the fans said they 'paid for'

Cairney came out and looked pretty gutted that he didn't play, he also made a comment that he has never been beaten against Hearts. Kevin Thomson came out, good reception and told a fan that he would love to stay at the club. Rest of the team also came out but nothing much was said. You could see the disappointment in most of the player faces.

Then after all of this there was a couple who came with a rangers book to get signed by Thomson etc, the guy was also wearing a Partick thistle jumper? Anyway one or two hibees gave them abuse which leaded to the large girl getting upset..

Then Rod Petrie walked up the stairs from the bottom of the reception, looked at the fans booing unhappy outside gave a cheeky grin and waved, showing no care in the world.

Then after all of this, Terry Butcher finally came out with his father (who is an absolute gentleman) and answered the fans questions for about 10-15 minutes.

Butcher basically said that the younger players are carrying the team through and the senior players need to step up.

He said that he's been in this position before and that he understands why fans are angry and doesn't blame them for showing their anger.

He said that Thomson played very well today and that he played well last week and that his fitness is starting to become a lot better.

He also went onto say that Hibs are far better team than Hearts but the players just haven't lived up to the game, he said they were ready for the game but just couldn't get the 3 points. He also mentioned that both goals came from set pieces which is obviously not good enough.

He said Forster is out next week and McPake will play for the under 20's Monday so we will see whether he comes back into the team.

Butchers father then wanted to say a few words and said that's the first time he watched a hibs game under butcher as he lives 400 miles away and he said he thought the first half was crap but the second half was much better and that with a bit of luck we could of got an equaliser at the end.

Finally, which is quite interesting. Butcher was asked about bringing signings in to which he replied "we have exciting players lined up who are ready to come in, however we need to make sure we stay up before we bring them in" and as he walked away he told the fans to "keep the faith"

Overall, Butcher came across as intelligent and committed but also disappointed and frustrated but I'm confident he will keep us up and in the summer we will make changes and be stronger next season. GGTTH

Good post. Thanks.

WHUHibs
27-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Then after all of this, Terry Butcher finally came out with his father (who is an absolute gentleman) and answerd the fans questions for about 10-15 minutes.

Thanks for the information and the most telling is the part about Butcher. Whilst I can't understand his tactics ... I am sure he knows what needs to be done. The most worrying part is the smug smile Rod has which is something we have seen quite often, only change and innovation will re ignite the club and give confidence to forge a new era.

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 07:16 PM

:aok: Thanks for providing some clarity on the situation and its great that Butcher came out to answer questions..

I only hope that the players aren't adversely affected by this, yes they've not been good enough but they're all we have at the moment and if anyone is going to stop us from being relegated its them, so we need them to want to play for us.

Keep the frustration in for a few more weeks then ask the questions. For now our only priority should be willing the team across the line and staying up.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2014, 07:24 PM

Don't get this. The objectives have been thought through. They are to hopefully get a new owner for Hibs who will see his or her job as being to make the club a success on the park, rather than just to chug along on its current gentle spiral into irrelevance. This is not about the manager ....... at least not yet.

Fan ownership would be great ..... but we simply don't have a big enough fan base to make it work in a financial sense. Though giving the fans say 30% of the club with each fan paying £10 per month into a fund could be an option. With a seat on the board belonging to us.

We need a new owner and the fans only have two weapons .............. vocal protest or walking away. Folk can mump all they want at the vocal protest, perhaps RP and certainly STF can stick two fingers up to it. The second option is a lot harder to ignore and more and more folk are taking it.

02/01/2014 ............................ 20,000

27/04/2014 ............................ 14,000

That's a difference of 6,000 ................. all of them Hibs fans ................ hows that for a well thought out strategy?

Bishop Hibee
27-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Cheers for that. Sounds about right from what I've heard. My work mates lad who is 100% Hibs was there and fair play to him. If I wasn't so jaded after years watching Hibs and dying on a pint I'd have been there too.

Fair analysis from Butcher but will it be enough to keep us up? Bad that Forster is out for next week. Petrie can GTF.

AlbertK86
27-04-2014, 07:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Butcher check out his record as manager..win percentage..not good reading. I wanted TB - I want TB to succeed - but wow he has pressed the self destruct button and that's not just a knee jerk reaction from today. His players or not he should be getting more out of the players - he seems to be getting 5/10 performances from many of them. It's a cop out saying these are ex managers players - I'm not backing Fenlon NAND co but he needs to get better of what's at his dispossale. Anyway - they have 3 games to get through and salvage enough points. The pressure is seriously mounting. Massive job either way putting together a team that wants to play for you and has some sort of creativity - something we have lacked for years.

Good post mate

Glad to hear thommo keen to stay. He was head and shoulders above everybody on the park today..... Hopefully Butcher sees this and offers him a new deal. Would like to see him and a fully fit Robbo drag us clear of play off spot

Brilliant to hear TB has exciting players lined up who want to come ... Dependant on staying up...

Have a sneaky feeling Boyd may be coming. TB really talked him up Jan and then inferred he only wanted Adam Rooney on loan as he had better lined up for summer

...... However it will be interesting to see if ROD matches his and the players he refers to ambition

It has been the same story for years .... Managers ID their top signings ... ROD says no and we end up with the dross that's left.

Then when the pressure is on ROD he sacks/persuades the manager to leave

Hope TB has the strength of character to be firm with him and demand his first choices .. Since they want to come

HFC 0-7
27-04-2014, 07:28 PM

Excellent post and positive. I think butcher is the man, the problem I have is that some of the players, IMO, don't care. The fact butcher said the younger ones are carrying the team could be an indication of this as well. The person I have the big problem with is Petrie. If he binned Fenlon at the end of last season we could have got butcher in with a decent window to work with and IMO we wouldn't be anywhere near this mess.

Newhaven
27-04-2014, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the update and hope a few on this thread are holding their head in shame.

All good info apart from the we have the better team than the ****. I've heard this for years and yet when the chips are down we as a team crap it. It's the hibs way.

(((Fergus)))
27-04-2014, 07:30 PM

How does Butcher's managerial record compare with Ferguson's at the same stage? Ferguson had broken the old firm and won a European trophy with a provincial club. He was a proven winner. Butcher should have a similar mentality given his record as a player. But as a manager?

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2014, 07:32 PM

Thanks for that.

I don't agree with abusing individual players or staff ...... lets have a bit of class. Something Mr Petrie obviously lacks by the sound of it.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the update and hope a few on this thread are holding their head in shame.

All good info apart from the we have the better team than the ****. I've heard this for years and yet when the chips are down we as a team crap it. It's the hibs way.

Which ones ?

Newhaven
27-04-2014, 07:38 PM
We'll done to all that were their today after the match. I would have joined you had I been their.

The fact that rod was smug and smiling shows that he's happy with the state of hibs and our current predicament. Perhaps going to the SFL is part of the 5 year plan that only the board seem to know the contents of? Good to see all is on track.

It's disappointing that some respected guys on the forum are having a go at them. At least they are doing something rather than thinking all is going to be well.

As for some wanting fenlon back ( a similar thread was on the PM forum two weeks ago ) are you SERIOUS? Wishy washy pat was never a good appointment and was out his depth. Why not try and lure Colin calderwood back. We won at Ibrox with him. Remind me where either are now. On the scrapheap and rightly so.

greenlex
27-04-2014, 07:40 PM
We are where we are. Fenlon's gone and we have Butcher and his team. Lets back them in the final three games and then see where we are. They are tried and tested at this level and are what we have so come on FFS a bit of unity please or we will achieve nothing. If anyone wants answers from Petrie why not nab him behind the goals on Saturday. Trying to get answers after a Derby defeat is madness. I wouldn't speak to an angry mob post many match to be honest.

Newhaven
27-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Which ones ?

The guys that are having a go at those protesting.

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 07:41 PM

Good to hear. Sounds like Butcher dealt with it intelligently.

Brightside
27-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Butcher interviews well, gives good press and comes over as a decent human being who wants us to succeed. Its a shame that on the side line he looks totally out of his depth. I watch him struggling to make a decision. I see him unable to break down teams, unable to change our plays in order to exploit teams. We don't need a spokesman at hibs we need a decent manager that can get the best out of the poor players we have.

Weststandwanab
27-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Everybody having a go at the OP should have a word. 15 may not make a difference. But if it were 15,000, it would. Spot on. If only Hibs fans could agree and then organise a pssi up in a brewery.

Two years ago we were in the same position we are in now and managed to stave off relegation and we all thought that we would it move on as a team and never be in that position again but lo and behold it's happened. Lessons were never learned and to be in the same position again is bordering on the criminal with the resources we have. Time for the incompetents to go before they ruin our club. I agree.

If you missed it here it is again... Right now what does Petrie bring to Hibs that is good or benefits us? How much compo has been spent on his failures bringing in poor managers? He brings his considerable voting rights.

Good post. Thanks. My thanks too.

pontius pilate
27-04-2014, 07:48 PM
TB had the good grace to talk to those that had been waiting for a good 10-15 mins. Ex players came out and some where applauded ( I dont get why whitty was given abuse) as for young james collins the guys confidence is shot to peices and he also gets told to leave and other abuse when he is obviously hurting that fresh air swipe will be on his mind for a long time to come. Mcgivern and petrie for me hokd a rotal lackk of respect. Was it worth it for the fans who stayed only they can answer but it may sound like it was productive but for gods sakes if you can see some bodies confidence is shot to pieces pick them up and dust them down especially when its one of our own.

green day
27-04-2014, 07:51 PM
TB had the good grace to talk to those that had been waiting for a good 10-15 mins. Ex players came out and some where applauded ( I dont get why whitty was given abuse) as for young james collins the guys confidence is shot to peices and he also gets told to leave and other abuse when he is obviously hurting that fresh air swipe will be on his mind for a long time to come. Mcgivern and petrie for me hokd a rotal lackk of respect. Was it worth it for the fans who stayed only they can answer but it may sound like it was productive but for gods sakes if you can see some bodies confidence is shot to pieces pick them up and dust them down especially when its one of our own.

Don't disagree, but its time the players did something for the fans.

Its been that time for a long time now......

madhatter
27-04-2014, 07:56 PM

Some part of me feels sorry for James Collins, he is treated as though he is 28-30 but he is only 23. If he was playing in a confident team and he, himself, was confident, he would score 10+ goals a season minimum. Alas, he plays in a shocking team and he is regularly targeted even though his work rate is excellent. You could see his pain when he had that fresh air shot, he knew what it meant. He must have been visibly upset on the pitch because I saw Sammy go over and give him a pat on the head. Clearly one who cares.

If that is true about Petrie that is an utter disgrace.

Must have been a few ex-hibees there - I saw Colin Nish after the game as well.

pontius pilate
27-04-2014, 07:58 PM
I completely agree and TB hits the nail on the head by saying the senior players need to step up alsoni maybe reading too much into things but I think KT is winning him round so hopefully he may get a new contract. Ive nit been much if a fan of james mcpake but I hope he is fit for the run in as we will need him back. In a peverse way its good to see the players who weren't picked where gutted lets hope they get there chance and take it with both hands and steer us from safety

Albion Hibs
27-04-2014, 07:58 PM

Helpful summary of events, thanks.

The bit I find most disappointing is the abuse given to Collins, nothing short of playground bully tactics of what sounds like a bunch of folk that have nothing better to do / can't handle a drink.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Crowd today was just over 14k. Shows exactly how the fans are voting

There is no way there was 14k in the ground today. Nearer 12k. Let's not get like the yams and start inflating the crowds.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2014, 08:13 PM
If he had made the correct decision the team on the park would be performing well. He wouldn't be getting pelters -

Sniff sniff :yamlaugh:

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 08:14 PM
There is no way there was 14k in the ground today. Nearer 12k. Let's not get like the yams and start inflating the crowds.

There was defo over 12k.

Ronniekirk
27-04-2014, 08:17 PM

While not condoning abuse directed at Collins ,you could pick him up dust him down give him some T L C and he would still miss the best chance of the game .you are right his confidence is gone but that's coz he keeps missing .We are not making many chances but in last two Derbies he has had the chance to go from Zero to a Hero but he hasn't so what is point in sticking with him .

Crazyhorse
27-04-2014, 08:21 PM

Completely agree with this we are in danger of sleep walking into relegation. People who mocked the yams for having their heads buried in the sand were laughing at the possibility of us going down recently. I think we will stay up but I'm not going to attack fellow supporters for expressing their concern about the ***** state our team. The idea that fellow supporters are responsible for the appalling garbage served up by the team over the past few years is ludicrous. The other thing that bugs the hell out of me is the rubbish about given a level playing field for the first time in decades we would be humping Hearts. I can't see any evidence of that and don't see any sign of it with the currents idiots on the pitch and in the boardroom. As far as I can see the reason the yams are winning derby games is because they care about this game more from the bottom to the top of their club.

pontius pilate
27-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Who better do we have in the team cummings had what 70 mins or so give or take and wasnt prolific heff has got an injury? Haynes??? Dont know what he brings to the table why not take a chance and play collins with cummings upnfron with young stanton in behind for the RC game

Russ
27-04-2014, 08:29 PM
I hope this is just the start, i hope we as a support make it as uncomfortable as possible for Petrie and STF, but to be honest there will hardly be any bugger there at the games now to make any kind of protest.

The leadership from the top down have strangled this club to total apathy, but nevermind we have a new 5 year plan starting this Monday.

The hard core support will be there as always. 11000 turned out today and the vast majority of the same people will be there for the remaining 2 games trying to get the team over the line. Meanwhile you and your ilk can profess to be Hibbys and stay away and complain online.