PDA

View Full Version : 4pm an we're still here

Pages : 1 [2]

stevejordan
27-04-2014, 08:30 PM
I was there after the game for this 'protest' I wasn't involved in any way, I was there waiting on Butcher to come out just so I could ask a few questions and as a fan express my opinions and feelings on what's happening at the club.

Firstly, there were about 15-20 people there, mostly drunk who came chanting "we only want answers", "Petrie show your face" etc..

John Collins, Beuzilin and Steven Whittaker all came out from the west stand reception after obviously watching the game. Boozy and Collins getting good chants and applause from the fans, however there was the odd 'hun' comment to Whittaker.

Anyway, the players started to come out, Collins got a lot of abuse and you could see how upset the lad was. Got told he was ****** and that he should leave the club. Liam Craig was called 'captain disaster' and Ryan McGivern got some cheek from the fans too, which he gave back as he went to his Mercedes which one of the fans said they 'paid for'

Cairney came out and looked pretty gutted that he didn't play, he also made a comment that he has never been beaten against Hearts. Kevin Thomson came out, good reception and told a fan that he would love to stay at the club. Rest of the team also came out but nothing much was said. You could see the disappointment in most of the player faces.

Then after all of this there was a couple who came with a rangers book to get signed by Thomson etc, the guy was also wearing a Partick thistle jumper? Anyway one or two hibees gave them abuse which leaded to the large girl getting upset..

Then Rod Petrie walked up the stairs from the bottom of the reception, looked at the fans booing unhappy outside gave a cheeky grin and waved, showing no care in the world.

Then after all of this, Terry Butcher finally came out with his father (who is an absolute gentleman) and answered the fans questions for about 10-15 minutes.

Butcher basically said that the younger players are carrying the team through and the senior players need to step up.

He said that if we play like we did today we will easily stay up.

He said that he's been in this position before and that he understands why fans are angry and doesn't blame them for showing their anger.

He said that Thomson played very well today and that he played well last week and that his fitness is starting to become a lot better.

He said that the team need the crowd behind them

He also went onto say that Hibs are far better team than Hearts but the players just haven't lived up to the game, he said they were ready for the game but just couldn't get the 3 points. He also mentioned that both goals came from set pieces which is obviously not good enough.

He said Forster is out next week and McPake will play for the under 20's Monday so we will see whether he comes back into the team.

Butchers father then wanted to say a few words and said that's the first time he watched a hibs game under butcher as he lives 400 miles away and he said he thought the first half was crap but the second half was much better and that with a bit of luck we could of got an equaliser at the end.

Finally, which is quite interesting. Butcher was asked about bringing signings in to which he replied "we have exciting players lined up who are ready to come in, however we need to make sure we stay up before we bring them in" and as he walked away he told the fans to "keep the faith"

Overall, Butcher came across as intelligent and committed but also disappointed and frustrated but I'm confident he will keep us up and in the summer we will make changes and be stronger next season. GGTTH

All very good Talk the Talk i am sure he is a very nice man as was Paddy and yes he blew smoke up a few but the facts are facts 6 defeats in a row, one win in last 16 games its all very well saying dont worry we have it in hand wink wink keep the faith trust in me.

But the walk the walk says otherwise its all smoke and mirrors but results are results.

Russ
27-04-2014, 08:37 PM
I was there after the game for this 'protest' I wasn't involved in any way, I was there waiting on Butcher to come out just so I could ask a few questions and as a fan express my opinions and feelings on what's happening at the club.

Firstly, there were about 15-20 people there, mostly drunk who came chanting "we only want answers", "Petrie show your face" etc..

John Collins, Beuzilin and Steven Whittaker all came out from the west stand reception after obviously watching the game. Boozy and Collins getting good chants and applause from the fans, however there was the odd 'hun' comment to Whittaker.

Anyway, the players started to come out, Collins got a lot of abuse and you could see how upset the lad was. Got told he was ****** and that he should leave the club. Liam Craig was called 'captain disaster' and Ryan McGivern got some cheek from the fans too, which he gave back as he went to his Mercedes which one of the fans said they 'paid for'

Cairney came out and looked pretty gutted that he didn't play, he also made a comment that he has never been beaten against Hearts. Kevin Thomson came out, good reception and told a fan that he would love to stay at the club. Rest of the team also came out but nothing much was said. You could see the disappointment in most of the player faces.

Then after all of this there was a couple who came with a rangers book to get signed by Thomson etc, the guy was also wearing a Partick thistle jumper? Anyway one or two hibees gave them abuse which leaded to the large girl getting upset..

Then Rod Petrie walked up the stairs from the bottom of the reception, looked at the fans booing unhappy outside gave a cheeky grin and waved, showing no care in the world.

Then after all of this, Terry Butcher finally came out with his father (who is an absolute gentleman) and answered the fans questions for about 10-15 minutes.

Butcher basically said that the younger players are carrying the team through and the senior players need to step up.

He said that he's been in this position before and that he understands why fans are angry and doesn't blame them for showing their anger.

He said that Thomson played very well today and that he played well last week and that his fitness is starting to become a lot better.

He also went onto say that Hibs are far better team than Hearts but the players just haven't lived up to the game, he said they were ready for the game but just couldn't get the 3 points. He also mentioned that both goals came from set pieces which is obviously not good enough.

He said Forster is out next week and McPake will play for the under 20's Monday so we will see whether he comes back into the team.

Butchers father then wanted to say a few words and said that's the first time he watched a hibs game under butcher as he lives 400 miles away and he said he thought the first half was crap but the second half was much better and that with a bit of luck we could of got an equaliser at the end.

Finally, which is quite interesting. Butcher was asked about bringing signings in to which he replied "we have exciting players lined up who are ready to come in, however we need to make sure we stay up before we bring them in" and as he walked away he told the fans to "keep the faith"

Overall, Butcher came across as intelligent and committed but also disappointed and frustrated but I'm confident he will keep us up and in the summer we will make changes and be stronger next season. GGTTH

Great post. Let's hope the people on here whining like they are the only ones suffering listen to the man, get behind the team and get us over the line for next season. Isn't that what being a supporter is about?

ehf
27-04-2014, 08:38 PM
The guys that are having a go at those protesting.

Filled Rolls in particular, I would imagine.

Russ
27-04-2014, 08:50 PM
That's the ****ing problem here ..folk want Petrie et-al removed but at least they are doing something as opposed tae acting the smart arse behind a keyboard ...big on you ..:aok:[/QUOTE]

Acting the smart arse? emm ok Herr Admin

Mr White
27-04-2014, 08:57 PM
All very good Talk the Talk i am sure he is a very nice man as was Paddy and yes he blew smoke up a few but the facts are facts 6 defeats in a row, one win in last 16 games its all very well saying dont worry we have it in hand wink wink keep the faith trust in me.

But the walk the walk says otherwise its all smoke and mirrors but results are results.

So stevejordan, you dodged the question yesterday: which part of the ground were you sat in today?

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2014, 08:58 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/uhesydu6.jpg this doesn't look like a dressing room that doesn't care.

Gus Fring
27-04-2014, 09:37 PM
There is no way there was 14k in the ground today. Nearer 12k. Let's not get like the yams and start inflating the crowds.

It was 14,800+. There's no "inflating of crowds" going on.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 09:39 PM

Cheers for that.

Confirms what I was told by another who was there but not 'protesting'.

He also said Butcher came across well whilst the language he used about Petrie would resemble a Desperate Dan post on here. Said his laugh and wave was ill thought out and pretty disrespectful.

Steve20
27-04-2014, 09:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/uhesydu6.jpg this doesn't look like a dressing room that doesn't care.

Well, they play like they don't care.

Wage thieves

ehf
27-04-2014, 09:50 PM

Can feel McGivern's pain; he knows he's not getting to George St until 4.30 at the earliest,
despite doing his best to get sent off.

Northernhibee
27-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Can feel McGivern's pain; he knows he's not getting to George St until 4.30 at the earliest,
despite doing his best to get sent off.

:rolleyes: He plays well and still gets pelters.

No wonder he reacted the way he did after the game.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2014, 09:53 PM
I thought Nelson was alright today but he seems to be another scapegoat.

I wish I was at the game you were at. The guy couldn't pass tackle or run. Beaten for pace time and time again......

Saorsa
27-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Woah 15 people! That'll sort things out.

No doubt you fuds will be in the paper tomorrow making is even more of a laughing stock.more of a laughing stock? Really! would you like tae try?

Saorsa
27-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Why not "demand answers" through one of the supporters forums (actual not internet) where you can see if you can leverage up port and put questions to the appropriate folk?Maybe folk could even turn up at one of these question and answer sessions! Have you had any answers yet? Just askin' like!

Aaron
27-04-2014, 09:58 PM
It was 14,800+. There's no "inflating of crowds" going on.

Not according to that prick Ewan Murray on Twitter. Sorry if I have missed reference to this elsewhere:

Ewan Murray ‏@mrewanmurray 3h
Edinburgh derby crowd given as 14,806. We were right in front of police control in south stand.. Computer there said 12,693.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2014, 10:10 PM
The guys that are having a go at those protesting.

We are in agreement :agree:

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Not according to that prick Ewan Murray on Twitter. Sorry if I have missed reference to this elsewhere:

Does he ever check the police computer at Hearts games? :rolleyes:

ehf
27-04-2014, 10:15 PM
:rolleyes: He plays well and still gets pelters.

No wonder he reacted the way he did after the game.

Was this in some parallel universe where he actually challenged Paterson at the first goal?

Saorsa
27-04-2014, 10:18 PM
The fans made Fenlon resign, not Petrie. Petrie appointed the person who was overwhelmingly who the fans wanted. The fans have had their way every time.Aye, the fans appointed the manager and the fans sacked him, good son :aok: Fans fault again then, aye ok then :aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Ok, no protest. Then what? Instead of shooting everything down, suggest something. I can't thinnk of any cases in football where doing nothing has a positive outcome.

How about turning that on it's head where regular rent-a-mob protests at (the Famous) Aberdeen started with "Smithy must go" - he took them to needing a draw on the final day v Rangers through SkovDahl, "Pele", Millers W & A, Hegarty, Porterfjeld, Aitken (think he won summit), McGhee, Broon the much maligned Calderwood (wonder the reception he would have got here...)
something happened there and they turned it around and I don't just think it's money (although that helped).

Theres no no simple answer but it seems more evident the Sun is setting on RPs tenure.

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Anyone still there.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 10:52 PM
I hear there are still a few, Petrie still waving out the window with cigar in hand :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Anyone still there.

Aye but Malpas just told them to **** off.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I hear there are still a few, Petrie still waving out the window with cigar in hand :rolleyes:

:smokin

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 11:30 PM

That can't be right, he was just spotted in Lulu's with Ryan and the rest of the lads.

Rod forgot his wallet, says he will pay the players back later, and yes it is red wine he is drinking, hope Yogi isn't about though, it could get messy.

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Anyone still there.

Terry Butcher is out on the pitch looking for his defenders. Rod Petrie is in the West Stand looking for any uneaten prawn sandwiches to sell at the Partick match. Norman Stanley Fletcher is on the centre circle with a map and a fork digging up the pitch.

Updates to follow...................

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Anyone still there.

I'm here but "here" is London and of all the decking accommodation I check into there's a blummin yam on reception!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2014, 11:39 PM

Just like Churchill he often mixes his V's for victory with well...

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm here but "here" is London and of all the decking accommodation I check into there's a blummin yam on reception!!!

Don't give him your credit card details.

Captain Trips
27-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Petrie should still be in there in a dark corner curled up in fetal position crying.

Russ
27-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Petrie should still be in there in a dark corner curled up in fetal position crying.

Petrie is hurting a hell of a lot more than a lot of the posters on here.

Saorsa
27-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Petrie is hurting a hell of a lot more than a lot of the posters on here.of course he is :agree:

Russ
27-04-2014, 11:56 PM
of course he is :agree:
Reading some of the posts on here i KNOW he is.

Saorsa
27-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Reading some of the posts on here i KNOW he is.good for you eh!

JohnStephens91
28-04-2014, 12:36 AM
I would just like to clear something up, a few of the Hibernian TV guys stayed behind, including myself, after having worked at the match to listen in on the press conference. For those of you who don't know, we all pitch in and volunteer our time to provide coverage of the match for those that can't attend and for overseas fans. All of us are Hibs supporters and are deeply passionate about the club - hence why we provide the service, and we were hurting after the defeat.

Before I left the stadium I was watching the protest, as I had done with the one in October as well, and the few Hibs TV volunteers that were there spoke about it. We watched the players leave, a few got abuse, a few got applauded and at about 4ish I left the stadium, to go to my job, and I left with a photographer (also a volunteer for Hibs). When we walked out the door and past the barriers we were just having a chat when one of the protesters decided to have a go at me, slagging me off about my appearance and the rest of the group laughed. I didn't even look behind, I just ignored them and we continued to walk out the stadium grounds.

I have to admit that it did annoy and offend me, much because of the result preceding it, I was hurting and indeed still am from the game. I love the club, it's been in my family for generations, I pitch in and help out with the press conferences, first-team matches in a variety of roles from the occasional commentating role to background roles, and traveling with the under-20s for almost all SPFL U20 League games, including the 5:30 wake up for the trips to Dingwall and Peterhead after working until 1:30 in my job. I have dedicated a lot of hours to helping to provide content for supporters to read on the official website and help to produce broadcasts on matchdays. All in all, for the under-20s alone this year I have covered over 2000 miles of travel, a lot of which comes out of my own pocket when I go to the home matches. All in all come the end of the season, I will have worked at over 70 football matches. I certainly didn't deserve the abuse I got, especially as it was about how I looked.

The fans have a right to protest, whether a majority or a minority agree with them, but please in future don't abuse anyone as it is definitely not comfortable for the person who has had it shouted at them, even more so when they are reeling from the result of the game and they have put in as many man hours into working to help provide coverage of games from the under-20s and the first-team.

Cameron1875
28-04-2014, 03:56 AM
Just noticed that I (the OP) took an absolute kicking on first few pages, not fussed but we are all Hibs fans and wouldn't be on here if we didn't care about our team.
Hibeesmad sums up what went on outside the stadium quite well but i'll try and add to it. Here goes....

John Collins came out an was greeted with chant of "Johnny Collins you were right all along" and "we only won a cup". He just smiled after that but didn't comment for obvious reasons.

JAMES Collins took so much abuse which isn't great but the confidence excuse is nonsense, it doesn't take confidence to stick a ball in the net from a few yards. Christ even Joan Collins would have scored it.

Boozy got a good reception and looked quite chuffed when we asked him if he still has his boots ready for next sat. Thomson was next to come out and he got round of applause

Scott Robertson and Forster both said they are staying at Hibs regardless which was good to hear.

The thing with the Rangers autograph book and Partick thistle jumper was just utterly bizarre. If i stood outside Ibrox with Hibs jumper/hibs book then i'd be in the Royal Infirmary before you can say Sevco.

Mcgivern took absolute dogs abuse but gave as good as he got. Few mentions of "see u in Lulus tonight" etc then he got into his white mercedes (lucky for some) and bolted. His general demeanor was very similar to how Matt Doherty was after the cup final tho, just seemed incredibly smug.

The fans were asking for Petrie to at least address them, it wasn't just people standing screaming tirades of abuse as some would like to portray it. A reasoned conversation on the direction of the club and pretty much what the hell is going on was what the fans wanted. His smug walk up the stairs and little wave angered a lot of the fans. He really does come across as an absolute roaster.

Butcher then came out about 5pm and had a calm, measured discussion with the supporters. Don't want to give too much away about what he said since the media like a snoop on forums but he was gutted. Hinted at the younger players being the ones he can trust even though he claimed the older players stepped up to plate a little more yesterday.
It was telling that he never had a response to shouts about Hibs style of play.
Praised the fans and sympathised with lads who said they weren't renewing their ST's for first time

Butchers old man was a lovely guy by the way. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2014, 05:24 AM
Just noticed that I (the OP) took an absolute kicking on first few pages, not fussed but we are all Hibs fans and wouldn't be on here if we didn't care about our team.
Hibeesmad sums up what went on outside the stadium quite well but i'll try and add to it. Here goes....

John Collins came out an was greeted with chant of "Johnny Collins you were right all along" and "we only won a cup". He just smiled after that but didn't comment for obvious reasons.

JAMES Collins took so much abuse which isn't great but the confidence excuse is nonsense, it doesn't take confidence to stick a ball in the net from a few yards. Christ even Joan Collins would have scored it.

Boozy got a good reception and looked quite chuffed when we asked him if he still has his boots ready for next sat. Thomson was next to come out and he got round of applause

Scott Robertson and Forster both said they are staying at Hibs regardless which was good to hear.

The thing with the Rangers autograph book and Partick thistle jumper was just utterly bizarre. If i stood outside Ibrox with Hibs jumper/hibs book then i'd be in the Royal Infirmary before you can say Sevco.

Mcgivern took absolute dogs abuse but gave as good as he got. Few mentions of "see u in Lulus tonight" etc then he got into his white mercedes (lucky for some) and bolted. His general demeanor was very similar to how Matt Doherty was after the cup final tho, just seemed incredibly smug.

The fans were asking for Petrie to at least address them, it wasn't just people standing screaming tirades of abuse as some would like to portray it. A reasoned conversation on the direction of the club and pretty much what the hell is going on was what the fans wanted. His smug walk up the stairs and little wave angered a lot of the fans. He really does come across as an absolute roaster.

Butcher then came out about 5pm and had a calm, measured discussion with the supporters. Don't want to give too much away about what he said since the media like a snoop on forums but he was gutted. Hinted at the younger players being the ones he can trust even though he claimed the older players stepped up to plate a little more yesterday.
Praised the fans and sympathised with lads who said they weren't renewing their ST's for first time

Thanks for providing more background. "So much abuse" and "dogs abuse" though. How old is Collins 22?! It's hardly surprising Rod never came out I'd imagine it would have been a cross of a Craig Whie speech at Ibrox and the Chief of the Met Police speech in Brixton by the sound of things...

Good to hear TB came out. Not too sure about the trust comment is that a verbatim quote? Just curious as to why not share what he said was it deemed a private conversation off the record - he addressed the crowd in public right? It was for the fans consumption so why not share journos will get it anyway - or someone will give their exclusive on my chat with Terry...

Maybe there should just be a ritual sacrifice of Mcgivern - that appears to be the only thing to satisfy some :( jealousy is a pathetic thing (my wife is not from Scotland and the "alright for some" phrase just sounds shall I say a bit "offside"). If Ryan been driving a Cinquecento you'd have taken the piss he's probably paying if off and can afford Man city probably earned him a few bob. Managers other than PF have seen something in him.

The rangers / Partick thistle thing sounds like Dennis Pennis has resurrected his career!

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2014, 05:47 AM
I would just like to clear something up, a few of the Hibernian TV guys stayed behind, including myself, after having worked at the match to listen in on the press conference. For those of you who don't know, we all pitch in and volunteer our time to provide coverage of the match for those that can't attend and for overseas fans. All of us are Hibs supporters and are deeply passionate about the club - hence why we provide the service, and we were hurting after the defeat.

Before I left the stadium I was watching the protest, as I had done with the one in October as well, and the few Hibs TV volunteers that were there spoke about it. We watched the players leave, a few got abuse, a few got applauded and at about 4ish I left the stadium, to go to my job, and I left with a photographer (also a volunteer for Hibs). When we walked out the door and past the barriers we were just having a chat when one of the protesters decided to have a go at me, slagging me off about my appearance and the rest of the group laughed. I didn't even look behind, I just ignored them and we continued to walk out the stadium grounds.

I have to admit that it did annoy and offend me, much because of the result preceding it, I was hurting and indeed still am from the game. I love the club, it's been in my family for generations, I pitch in and help out with the press conferences, first-team matches in a variety of roles from the occasional commentating role to background roles, and traveling with the under-20s for almost all SPFL U20 League games, including the 5:30 wake up for the trips to Dingwall and Peterhead after working until 1:30 in my job. I have dedicated a lot of hours to helping to provide content for supporters to read on the official website and help to produce broadcasts on matchdays. All in all, for the under-20s alone this year I have covered over 2000 miles of travel, a lot of which comes out of my own pocket when I go to the home matches. All in all come the end of the season, I will have worked at over 70 football matches. I certainly didn't deserve the abuse I got, especially as it was about how I looked.

The fans have a right to protest, whether a majority or a minority agree with them, but please in future don't abuse anyone as it is definitely not comfortable for the person who has had it shouted at them, even more so when they are reeling from the result of the game and they have put in as many man hours into working to help provide coverage of games from the under-20s and the first-team.

Well said. If there's a debate to be had have the debate. But Let's not debase ourselves to the point of indiscriminate lashing out - it gets us no where. Fraze admitted feeling guilty over what he said to Collins - perhaps that's fair enough on some level but Collins doesn't know that players represent us and we represent ourselves both should be done with dignity and respect otherwise this mess is only going to deepen.

Working Together as I undertand it wrote a letter to Terry and the team promising if the team gave their comment and their all we'd be there to back them vociferously (I paraphrase). We dominated in spells didn't get what appeared an obvious penalty.

The players couldn't deliver a win but showed more commitment but Hearts did us with set pieces and all Locke even admitted we were the better team (scant conciliation I know).

I might not know much but needling players and staff isn't the way heck Terry and Maurice were getting it tight for their firm hand with the players bit it's deemed ok by some to throw "dogs abuse" at the players by supporters! Incredible.

I blame it on too much reality TV evictions - booooo!

I wonder if the dude that laid in to you would have the decency to come on here and apologise? Let's see.

Ray_
28-04-2014, 06:02 AM

JAMES Collins took so much abuse which isn't great but the confidence excuse is nonsense, it doesn't take confidence to stick a ball in the net from a few yards. Christ even Joan Collins would have scored it.Boozy got a good reception and looked quite chuffed when we asked him if he still has his boots ready for next sat. Thomson was next to come out and he got round of applause

Rather than lack of confidence being described as nonsense, I think it is above nonsense to abuse a young lad in the manner that you suggested above, regarding James Collins.

That miss is most likely one of the worst moments of his life, his pain was there for everyone to see and the antics from the mob and his lack of reaction to the provocation from the yobs shouting abuse is commendable, he certainly has far more class than the ones dishing it out.

By all means protest, but shouting abuse at young men like that is no way to behave & anyone doing so would have had no right of complaint if they had got themselves lifted doing so.

Maybe, as some believe, it is not just confidence [which I very much doubt], but even if it is because he does not have enough ability, he wasn’t the one who decided that Hibs pay 200K, or whatever it was, nor was it him who decided to put himself on yesterday and he certainly didn’t decide to miss that chance.

marinello59
28-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Rather than lack of confidence being described as nonsense, I think it is above nonsense to abuse a young lad in the manner that you suggested above, regarding James Collins.

That miss is most likely one of the worst moments of his life, his pain was there for everyone to see and the antics from the mob and his lack of reaction to the provocation from the yobs shouting abuse is commendable, he certainly has far more class than the ones dishing it out.

By all means protest, but shouting abuse at young men like that is no way to behave & anyone doing so would have had no right of complaint if they had got themselves lifted doing so.

Maybe, as some believe, it is not just confidence [which I very much doubt], but even if it is because he does not have enough ability, he wasn’t the one who decided that Hibs pay 200K, or whatever it was, nor was it him who decided to put himself on yesterday and he certainly didn’t decide to miss that chance.

:top marks

Cameron1875
28-04-2014, 06:19 AM

I understand your point and think you are right to an extent. Its not the lads fault that Hibs chose to pay money for him and anyone following on from Griffiths would have struggled.
He looked devastated outside the ground after the game so suppose it is bad that he got stick.

However, it appears to be me anyway that he is one of a few who don't have any cajones. Anyway i don't wanna derail the thread with any more of my ramblings! :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
28-04-2014, 07:24 AM
I understand your point and think you are right to an extent. Its not the lads fault that Hibs chose to pay money for him and anyone following on from Griffiths would have struggled.
He looked devastated outside the ground after the game so suppose it is bad that he got stick.

However, it appears to be me anyway that he is one of a few who don't have any cajones. Anyway i don't wanna derail the thread with any more of my ramblings! :wink:

I think you are missing the point. There has been abuse flying back and forward on here. That's part and parcel of the problem.

Its different dishing it out to a lad that's had a bad day at work. That's why protests have to be done in an organised manner.

Noticable you've been missing since yesterday, then surface with stuff that you've gleaned from the thread.

Cameron1875
28-04-2014, 07:34 AM
I think you are missing the point. There has been abuse flying back and forward on here. That's part and parcel of the problem.

Its different dishing it out to a lad that's had a bad day at work. That's why protests have to be done in an organised manner.

Noticable you've been missing since yesterday, then surface with stuff that you've gleaned from the thread.

Are you suggesting I wasn't there?

Phil D. Rolls
28-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Are you suggesting I wasn't there?

Were you there?

Cameron1875
28-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Were you there?

Obviously.

Kaiser1962
28-04-2014, 07:45 AM

:top marks

Phil D. Rolls
28-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Obviously.

Why is it obvious. You start a thread and then disappear, next day you're back on telling us what we all already knew from other posters.

Not saying you weren't there, just pointing out how it looks. You were so keen to tell us there was a protest, yet you didn't have anything else to say until 16 hours later.

And then you don't even respond to suggestions that you were picking on the wrong people. Your story isn't the best, IMO.

Jones28
28-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Was this in some parallel universe where he actually challenged Paterson at the first goal?

Despite that for both goals Forster was his marker?

Cameron1875
28-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Why is it obvious. You start a thread and then disappear, next day you're back on telling us what we all already knew from other posters.

Not saying you weren't there, just pointing out how it looks. You were so keen to tell us there was a protest, yet you didn't have anything else to say until 16 hours later.

And then you don't even respond to suggestions that you were picking on the wrong people. Your story isn't the best, IMO.

I'd have nothing to gain from making up a thread claiming I was there. Didn't think i'd need to give you running updates at the time about what was happening at the meeting just to try and prove I was there.

Anyway i can't be bothered with you cause I think you must be some elaborate WUM going by the majority of the posts i've read of yours.

Phil D. Rolls
28-04-2014, 08:11 AM
I'd have nothing to gain from making up a thread claiming I was there. Didn't think i'd need to give you running updates at the time about what was happening at the meeting just to try and prove I was there.

Anyway i can't be bothered with you cause I think you must be some elaborate WUM going by the majority of the posts i've read of yours.

OK, I'm convinced now.

edinburghhibee
28-04-2014, 08:11 AM
This, 100%. They wanted Fenlon to resign, he resigned. Season collapses and now it's Petrie's fault. There are no words to describe the stupidity.

And folk like you I take it were what? Happy? Proud? of the last two finals and getting thumped 9-0 off an average Swedish team.

Fenlon had to go when he did, should have been a lot sooner.

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Just noticed that I (the OP)

i didn't like the guy as a footballer after the first few games and lord knows how the heck he popped up on Fenlon's radar but i don't understand fans abusing him when he's off the park, he's a trier but just doesn't appear to have the ability to take his chances, or win a header, or hold a ball and makes big Tony Higgins look like Lionel messi :)

tell him to bring his boots next week :)

ok ok ok rebus :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
28-04-2014, 08:40 AM
tell him to bring his boots next week :)

ok ok ok rebus :greengrin

I like that. :)

Russ
28-04-2014, 09:25 AM

Abusing players and staff is bad enough, hurling abuse at fellow Hibs fans makes me wonder what kind of upbringing these people have had. Are they really that stupid they think what they are doing is justified? And the people condoning their behaviour are worse.

Crossgates Hibs
28-04-2014, 09:30 AM

Having a protest without an aim is total negative and detrimental to the team at this moment. James Collins is probably devasteted at his miss and doesn't need it chucked in face. The management have probably tried to tell him to put it behind him and not to dwell on it the last thing he needs is it hammered home so that by the time the next chance comes along he won't want to be the one to stick it away. Everyone is different some react differently to abuse just cause they might earn more than the majority doesn't mean they are made of stone and have no feelings. To me the board and management are fair game but the problem is the players just ain't good enough and should be supported rather than barracked to the extent they are scared to play. McGivern is probably furious with his own form and maybe gave 100% but its not happening fwiw I would have Stevenson at LB but whilst he is playing in poor form question the manager not the player and support him. If I came out of work and got a mouthful of abuse I would tell those doing it to F O.
Lets just get behind the team these last few games intimidate the opposition rather than our own players and hopefully drag them over the line we can do it. At Killie last year in cup I feel the support dragged the players through that game and we can do it again. Now the team needs supported and the opposition intimidadated along with the ref lets sell out the home games and drag this team over the finish line then build for next season.:flag:

Russ
28-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Having a protest without an aim is total negative and detrimental to the team at this moment. James Collins is probably devasteted at his miss and doesn't need it chucked in face. The management have probably tried to tell him to put it behind him and not to dwell on it the last thing he needs is it hammered home so that by the time the next chance comes along he won't want to be the one to stick it away. Everyone is different some react differently to abuse just cause they might earn more than the majority doesn't mean they are made of stone and have no feelings. To me the board and management are fair game but the problem is the players just ain't good enough and should be supported rather than barracked to the extent they are scared to play. McGivern is probably furious with his own form and maybe gave 100% but its not happening fwiw I would have Stevenson at LB but whilst he is playing in poor form question the manager not the player and support him. If I came out of work and got a mouthful of abuse I would tell those doing it to F O.
Lets just get behind the team these last few games intimidate the opposition rather than our own players and hopefully drag them over the line we can do it. At Killie last year in cup I feel the support dragged the players through that game and we can do it again. Now the team needs supported and the opposition intimidadated along with the ref lets sell out the home games and drag this team over the finish line then build for next se:flag:

There's just way too much common sense in that post for here. You will be getting called Terry shortly. FWIW I agree with you 100%

Crossgates Hibs
28-04-2014, 09:44 AM
There's just way too much common sense in that post for here. You will be getting called Terry shortly. FWIW I agree with you 100%

Thanks mate I'm scunnered with this squad but most will be moved on in time lets just try and take the pressure off them and create an intimidating atmosphere for our opponents and somehow drag this lot over the finish. We can't pick the team all we can do is support it or abuse it and probably relegate ourselves when no player wants the ball. Time to be supporters and make life uncomfortable for our opponents rather than us.

s.a.m
28-04-2014, 09:50 AM

Very much agree with you, Ray. I don't understand how people think it's acceptable to shout personal abuse at someone for having a bad day at work / not being good at their job. (And object to the player not responding in the way that they would like...). It would get you lifted and banned from just about anywhere other than a football stadium. These are human beings who maybe wouldn't be our choice of player, but personal abuse is out of order, and shouldn't be tolerated. As for the pond-life that was shouting at Salt and Sauzee for his/her appearance? :bitchy: I'd like to thank you for your hard work on our behalf Salt and Sauzee, it's much appreciated. Please don't take any notice.

s.a.m
28-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Thanks mate I'm scunnered with this squad but most will be moved on in time lets just try and take the pressure off them and create an intimidating atmosphere for our opponents and somehow drag this lot over the finish. We can't pick the team all we can do is support it or abuse it and probably relegate ourselves when no player wants the ball. Time to be supporters and make life uncomfortable for our opponents rather than us.

:agree:

WestEndHibee
28-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Lets just get behind the team these last few games intimidate the opposition rather than our own players and hopefully drag them over the line we can do it. At Killie last year in cup I feel the support dragged the players through that game and we can do it again. Now the team needs supported and the opposition intimidadated along with the ref lets sell out the home games and drag this team over the finish line then build for next season.:flag:

Delighted to see that this thread is now seeing the sensible and rational ones speak out.

spike220
30-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Are you still there???

#2 Double Tap
30-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Are you still there???:greengrin
:greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtvlBS4PMF0

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-05-2014, 10:55 AM
It would appear that some of the more prolific posters on this board are feeling the pressure as the threat of relegation increases. Might be time to drag yourselves away from the board for a while.

Stantons Angel
01-05-2014, 11:44 AM
I have tried to avoid commenting on this post but after reading it and subsequent posts i feel i have to add my tuppence worth to it!

Just what do these protesters think they have achieved in their protest, abusing their own players and applauding others?

I too am so fed up with the way things are going and before you ask, i am not happy about it either. We are all entitled to our views and opinions on things and situations and to our freedom of speech.

Im just wondering what the average age of our protesters was and who invited them to protest in the way they did, on behalf of the Hibs support?

Its interesting to read how you praised some and abused the others? Did anyone stop to think how Kevin Thomson felt when he got applauded and the team mates, he had just been playing along side were abused?

He will have been just as gutted about the result as we were and i think a little bemused by the numbers protesting and the abuse being given?

If someone was waiting outside my work and had a go at me for what they thought i was doing wrongly, then i too would have to retaliate, verbally or otherwise!

You talk about Petrie being "smug", i think if you re read your last post you will see just what being smug is all about.

By detailing individual abuse and responses, its as if your looking for a pat on the back from the Hibs support, for your antics?

To me these protesters are not representing me or how i feel at the situation my club is in, yes i have my own opinions of players abilities and contribution to our many defeats. BUT..... they are human beings with feelings and to be hurled abuse at, is just not on in my opinion.

The last couple of attempts at protest have been an embarrassment and if you are going to protest perhaps you should put some sort of agenda in place and have an infrastructure in place that would allow management to give you a bit of credibility. Petrie is not going to come down to speak with a rabble is he?

Im glad you like Butcher's "old man" an ending like this does wonders for the credibility of your protesting!

As i say this is my opinion and i know some of you wont like or agree with it, but being a Hibs supporter has never been easy. Its really desperate times at Easter Road just now.

Instead of protesting get out and support your team the next few games, they need you!!!

Fergus52
01-05-2014, 11:57 AM

That just shows the type of people who were protesting.

You shouldn't have let yourself get offended because of what idiots like that think.

Elephant Stone
01-05-2014, 12:19 PM
And folk like you I take it were what? Happy? Proud? of the last two finals and getting thumped 9-0 off an average Swedish team.

Fenlon had to go when he did, should have been a lot sooner.

How did you feel when we lost 4-0 to Hearts in the semi of the Scottish cup? Happy? Proud? Or after any of the other 4 goal humpings we took under Mowbray? How did you feel when we got thumped 5-1 off an average Ukranian team? Should Mowbray have gone too?

WestEndHibee
01-05-2014, 12:26 PM

You shouldn't have let yourself get offended because of what idiots like that think.

That's easier said than done I'm afraid.

Personal remarks and abuse from a group of idiots will always affect you, especially when you would regard yourself as part of the same "footballing family". He/she wouldn't be expecting it from Hibs "fans".

It should never happen in the first place. I hope the perpetrators feel duly ashamed and I would hope some would have the remorse to apologise.

VivaHiberña
01-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Butcher oot. His da in.

edinburghhibee
01-05-2014, 02:23 PM
How did you feel when we lost 4-0 to Hearts in the semi of the Scottish cup? Happy? Proud? Or after any of the other 4 goal humpings we took under Mowbray? How did you feel when we got thumped 5-1 off an average Ukranian team? Should Mowbray have gone too?

Granted I'll give you the 4-0 at hampden that was embarrassing however the Dnipro result is nothing like the malmo game. Dnipro are a good established European team who were on the up. Malmo are an average run of the mill Swedish team who we didn't have the faintest idea how to deal with. To answer my post with trying to pull out similarities between the Mowbray era and fenlons era tells me all I need to know, they are nothing like each other one played brilliant football on its day the other on a good day played humping long balls up the park to sparky in the hope he would produce a moment of magic.

MrRobot
01-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Lets be real. We were honking under Fenlon and we're still honking now. I don't blame Butcher, he needs to get his own team together before he can be judged.

Captain Trips
01-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Granted I'll give you the 4-0 at hampden that was embarrassing however the Dnipro result is nothing like the malmo game. Dnipro are a good established European team who were on the up. Malmo are an average run of the mill Swedish team who we didn't have the faintest idea how to deal with. To answer my post with trying to pull out similarities between the Mowbray era and fenlons era tells me all I need to know, they are nothing like each other one played brilliant football on its day the other on a good day played humping long balls up the park to sparky in the hope he would produce a moment of magic.

Tony Mowbray got away with 4-0 v Hearts and Dnipro for the simple reason he already had plenty of results in his locker by that time something Fenlon didnt.

Elephant Stone
01-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Dnipro were struggling in the Ukranian league, I don't know much about Ukraine's league but it's probably not brilliant. Malmo are an established European team, they put Rangers out the Champions League a few years ago. Mowbray and Fenlon both got pumped, Mowbray had our best team in a generation, Fenlon was just in the door.

I'm not comparing the two eras, my point is that Hibs lose heavily on occasion, it happened to amazing teams like Mowbray's, so it's not surpising that it happened to teams like Fenlon's which was a work in progress. The fact that Fenlon managed to get his work in progress to 2 more finals than Mowbray is an amazing achievement.

Fergus52
01-05-2014, 02:49 PM

Malmo are just as established as Dnipro are.

For all the standard of the Ukrainian league is probably slightly higher than in Sweden, Malmo are regularly champions whereas dnipro have only won their league twice in their history.

Aberdeen managed to put them out of Europe only a couple of years after they hammered us.

MrRobot
01-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Malmo are just as established as Dnipro are.

For all the standard of the Ukrainian league is probably slightly higher than in Sweden, Malmo are regularly champions whereas dnipro have only won their league twice in their history.

Aberdeen managed to put them out of Europe only a couple of years after they hammered us.

The difference between the two is that when we lost under Mowbray and even Collins, we still played entertaining football. There was moments in the game that got you off your seat. We barely played any decent football under Fenlon.

Captain Trips
01-05-2014, 02:59 PM
The difference between the two is that when we lost under Mowbray and even Collins, we still played entertaining football. There was moments in the game that got you off your seat. We barely played any decent football under Fenlon.

You buy bad results like you buy time, on the journey a manager gets time based on results regadless of contract length it will be looked at in detail at intervals on the way. Mowbray by the time we played Dnipro had not only great results in locker but great performances and that goes for Hearts S/F as well. Mowbray earned the right to lose some games in the manner we did.

edinburghhibee
01-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Dnipro were struggling in the Ukranian league, I don't know much about Ukraine's league but it's probably not brilliant. Malmo are an established European team, they put Rangers out the Champions League a few years ago. Mowbray and Fenlon both got pumped, Mowbray had our best team in a generation, Fenlon was just in the door. I'm not comparing the two eras, my point is that Hibs lose heavily on occasion, it happened to amazing teams like Mowbray's, so it's not surpising that it happened to teams like Fenlon's which was a work in progress. The fact that Fenlon managed to get his work in progress to 2 more finals than Mowbray is an amazing achievement.

Cool I read the post as you were comparing the two eras so my apologies if I picked you up wrong. I too have no experience or interest in the Ukrainian league but I do know a fair bit about the Swedish league after staying there and I'll say this in Sweden the best young players play a few games, maybe a season of football before being snapped up by European clubs mostly the Dutch. The ones who are left are mostly ageing pros who are returning to the club that have them there chance in football or guys who haven't made the break for one reason or another. I would prob say that right now we would get beat week in week out in Sweden but to be defeated 7-0 at home from a Swedish side is beyond belief for any team in the spl. My point is that Fenlon and his players have got us into the mess we are in just now. Think we can all agree that hibs need to stay in this division whether with TB or someone else at the helm and this squad needs to be torn up and started a fresh. How many times have we said that over the past few years tho

Elephant Stone
01-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Cool I read the post as you were comparing the two eras so my apologies if I picked you up wrong. I too have no experience or interest in the Ukrainian league but I do know a fair bit about the Swedish league after staying there and I'll say this in Sweden the best young players play a few games, maybe a season of football before being snapped up by European clubs mostly the Dutch. The ones who are left are mostly ageing pros who are returning to the club that have them there chance in football or guys who haven't made the break for one reason or another. I would prob say that right now we would get beat week in week out in Sweden but to be defeated 7-0 at home from a Swedish side is beyond belief for any team in the spl. My point is that Fenlon and his players have got us into the mess we are in just now. Think we can all agree that hibs need to stay in this division whether with TB or someone else at the helm and this squad needs to be torn up and started a fresh. How many times have we said that over the past few years tho

If we'd been where we are now when PF left then you'd be undeniably right but we weren't, we were nowhere near it. No one knows how the season would have turned but I don't think we'd have gone from a few points behind Aberdeen with the best defence in the league bar Celtc to a ball hair from relegation, or even close. I'm surprised if anyone genuinely believes we'd be where we are now if he'd stayed.

MrRobot
01-05-2014, 03:30 PM
You buy bad results like you buy time, on the journey a manager gets time based on results regadless of contract length it will be looked at in detail at intervals on the way. Mowbray by the time we played Dnipro had not only great results in locker but great performances and that goes for Hearts S/F as well. Mowbray earned the right to lose some games in the manner we did.

Exactly. Mowbray gave me personally some of the highlights of my Hibs supporting life, some of the result we got and performances were outstanding, particularly wins against the OF. For these reasons, when we did get beat it wasn't as hard to take. Malmo was a sore one to take, Hearts in the cup was tragic.

Elephant Stone
01-05-2014, 03:36 PM

What you're saying makes sense but he had the best team in a generation, surely you'd expect more from him than Fenlon, who took Calderwood's shambles and a few emergency loans to a cup final against Hearts' team they couldn't even afford to pay.

Bobby's Cinema
01-05-2014, 03:57 PM
What you're saying makes sense but he had the best team in a generation, surely you'd expect more from him than Fenlon, who took Calderwood's shambles and a few emergency loans to a cup final against Hearts' team they couldn't even afford to pay.
His legacy will never be getting to the cup final. It's okay saying we wouldn't be where we are now, but the reality is this is Pat's team.

I'm sure you remember, we went out every week playing for a nil nil draw. The change had to be made. It's alright saying all this in hindsight.

Pat's not coming back. Are you?:wink:

Captain Trips
01-05-2014, 04:00 PM

That was his good luck then ES. I looked at what Calderwood had and thought it should be better and the exact same with Fenlon. It does not matter what hand you are dealt the support will let a 5-1 ride v them providing there is something in locker and about to come. CC and Fenlon had nothing to fallback on.

We have had better teams and squads not get to any cup finals the reign has to be looked at as a whole and Mowbray simply diid well enough to allow a gubbing or three, Fenlon and Calderwood didnt and unfortunatly as bad as Calderwood is the two results in mind were both under Fenlon for me and Pat simply had nothing in locker or appear to have much going forward.

Cameron1875
01-05-2014, 05:05 PM

Lets just clear something up. Out of the group of about 15-20 people it was one split second comment from one person, not representative of everyone that was there at all.
That would be like someone in a pub you were in making a poor comment and someone going "oh that just sums up what that pub is like".

Salt&Sauzee, was it the Draco Malfoy comment yes? If there were any others aimed in your direction then I can only apologise but I never heard any others.

Elephant Stone
01-05-2014, 05:08 PM
His legacy will never be getting to the cup final. It's okay saying we wouldn't be where we are now, but the reality is this is Pat's team.

I'm sure you remember, we went out every week playing for a nil nil draw. The change had to be made. It's alright saying all this in hindsight.

Pat's not coming back. Are you?:wink:

It's Pat's team but not managed by Pat, when it was managed by Pat we were miles ahead of where we were now. Moyes was playing Ferguson's team so I take it you'd blame Ferguson for where Utd are this season?

If we went out to play for a 0-0 draw every week then Griffiths and Doyle must have been some players to score about 40 goals between them last season.

Cameron1875
01-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I have tried to avoid commenting on this post but after reading it and subsequent posts i feel i have to add my tuppence worth to it!

Just what do these protesters think they have achieved in their protest, abusing their own players and applauding others?

I too am so fed up with the way things are going and before you ask, i am not happy about it either. We are all entitled to our views and opinions on things and situations and to our freedom of speech.

Im just wondering what the average age of our protesters was and who invited them to protest in the way they did, on behalf of the Hibs support?

Its interesting to read how you praised some and abused the others? Did anyone stop to think how Kevin Thomson felt when he got applauded and the team mates, he had just been playing along side were abused?

He will have been just as gutted about the result as we were and i think a little bemused by the numbers protesting and the abuse being given?

If someone was waiting outside my work and had a go at me for what they thought i was doing wrongly, then i too would have to retaliate, verbally or otherwise!

You talk about Petrie being "smug", i think if you re read your last post you will see just what being smug is all about.

By detailing individual abuse and responses, its as if your looking for a pat on the back from the Hibs support, for your antics?

To me these protesters are not representing me or how i feel at the situation my club is in, yes i have my own opinions of players abilities and contribution to our many defeats. BUT..... they are human beings with feelings and to be hurled abuse at, is just not on in my opinion.

The last couple of attempts at protest have been an embarrassment and if you are going to protest perhaps you should put some sort of agenda in place and have an infrastructure in place that would allow management to give you a bit of credibility. Petrie is not going to come down to speak with a rabble is he?

Im glad you like Butcher's "old man" an ending like this does wonders for the credibility of your protesting!

As i say this is my opinion and i know some of you wont like or agree with it, but being a Hibs supporter has never been easy. Its really desperate times at Easter Road just now.

Instead of protesting get out and support your team the next few games, they need you!!!

I'll try and address some of these comments individually.

1. Everyone there that was vocal was between 18-22.

2. Didn't realise we had to be invited by other fans to air our grievances?! It was discussed in the stands after Hearts 2nd goal and during half time and again at full time.

3. Petrie has absolutely no reason to be smug and his reaction disappointed me and others.

4. I remember there being a thread about organising a proper protest a wee while ago on .net and the OP got ridiculed just like many posters attempted with myself. Fans have also tried to question Rod at shareholder meetings and other meetings but there's still some that think the sun shines out of Petrie's backside.
Afraid to say there is a great deal of apathy at this club that is far more dangerous than any fans being angry.

5. That doesn't mean it can't get better though!

Edit: Butcher just appeared on STV news commenting on meeting us after the match.
"I had a good chat with them. They were very good, they wanted answers and we gave them answers.
They are frustrated supporters , we're all frustrated at the club cause we haven't got results and wins lately.
Yeah we had a good chat with them and they were very reasonable about it. They are just great Hibs supporters and want to see their club do well which is what we all want. "

Captain Trips
01-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I'll try and address some of these comments individually.

1. Everyone there that was vocal was between 18-22.

2. Didn't realise we had to be invited by other fans to air our grievances?! It was discussed in the stands after Hearts 2nd goal and during half time and again at full time.

3. Petrie has absolutely no reason to be smug and his reaction disappointed me and others. Perhaps he knew the Leeann Dempster story was about to break so he thinks he's off the hook.

4. I remember there being a thread about organising a proper protest a wee while ago on .net and the OP got ridiculed just like many posters attempted with myself. Fans have also tried to question Rod at shareholder meetings and other meetings but there's still some that think the sun shines out of Petrie's backside.
Afraid to say there is a great deal of apathy at this club that is far more dangerous than any fans being angry.

5. That doesn't mean it can't get better though! Sorry but some people can't accept consistent losses to Hearts as well as cup defeats, mince football and constant managerial upheaval. If that makes me a less of a supporter or more impatient then I'm fine with that.

I think what you did was fair enough if no personal abuse is used and points are put across in a fair manner then go for it. I see it doing no harm.

silverhibee
01-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Terry Butcher on the fans that went to the West stand on Sunday, "great fans".

Bobby's Cinema
01-05-2014, 05:41 PM
It's Pat's team but not managed by Pat, when it was managed by Pat we were miles ahead of where we were now. Moyes was playing Ferguson's team so I take it you'd blame Ferguson for where Utd are this season?

If we went out to play for a 0-0 draw every week then Griffiths and Doyle must have been some players to score about 40 goals between them last season.
Ofcourse things have got much much worse since then. No-one could say otherwise. But that doesn't mean to say he shouldn't have went.

No in that sense (Moyes/Fergie) I wouldn't blame Pat for what Butcher has done, that would be daft. Especially as we showed over christmas that we could win games.

But you seem to paint a picture of Pat that simply isn't a true reflection. You are making out that we never conceded goals and banged them in for fun. He had us in mid-table, going nowhere setting up not to lose games. He had us playing just to survive, the same accusation being levelled at the board. The reality is, that was the best we would ever get. And the man said it himself. We had to try something new. There is no doubt despite what has happened that change had to made made.

This could go round in circles. I know I won't look back on a Pat Fenlon team with much fondness.

southsider
02-05-2014, 01:43 PM
There is an old saying "be careful what you wish for". I attended a meeting with RP in attendance, just after Malmo and 1st derby when i stated that this was the worst Hibs team i had seen in almost 50 years of going to Easter Road and i wanted Fenlon out. Well Petrie backed him but a few weeks later Pat was gone. I, among lots of other fans, gave our new boss Terry a mighty seal of approval. However he has, in my estimation made a bad side worse. The football under Fenlon was very poor grade and results were pretty mixed as we were in mid-table but going no-where. Now the football is still dire but results have been a disgrace. Six defeats on the trot and not more than one goal scored sinse Pancake Tuesday. Would i still wish for Pat to be replaced ? You betcha bottom dollar. Would i still appoint Butcher ? If i had the choice again then no. But please go prove me wrong Terry and i will be the first to go shake your hand. GGTTH.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Nobody expected whoever came in for Fenlon to make matters worse, doesnae mean he shouldnae have been emptied though, probably even earlier than he eventually was.