PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's Interview

Torto7062
27-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Hibernian manager Terry Butcher on BBC Radio Scotland

"I think we deserved something from the game today, but that's how things are going for us.

"The result doesn't reflect the actual nature of the game for me - Hearts have scored two goals against the run of play.

"We did well in both halves, we said we wanted to win the second half, which we did, but it wasn't enough to get a point or anything from the game.

"We certainly put in a very good performance here that was full of commitment, we passed the ball well and there was confidence from a team that's lost five on the bounce.

"But it's disappointing when you do everything and lose two goals from set pieces. It's normally our strength and we normally score from set pieces."

jazzy7070
27-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Haha aye hibs and normally score go together well just now

Borderhibbie76
27-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Butcher...ur comments get more ridiculous by the week...do us a favour and just keep ur mouth shut...im sick of hearing and reading ur nonsense

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Almost crashed the car listening to his interview. Absolute load of rubbish.

DaveF
27-04-2014, 03:22 PM

I don't agree that we did well in both halves but its hardly total rubbish?

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Confirms even more the fact that Butcher has lost the plot?

Brightside
27-04-2014, 03:23 PM
He's an idiot and I'm sick of the sight of him. 1 up front the whole game... or apart from last 5 mins when he put Nelson upfront. He didn't even use his last sub??? I just don't understand anything he does on the pitch. Why would anyone with a pair of eyes play McGivern. He's just awful. We will not win another game of football with him.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Hibernian manager Terry Butcher on BBC Radio Scotland

"I think we deserved something from the game today, but that's how things are going for us.

"The result doesn't reflect the actual nature of the game for me - Hearts have scored two goals against the run of play.

"We did well in both halves, we said we wanted to win the second half, which we did, but it wasn't enough to get a point or anything from the game.

"We certainly put in a very good performance here that was full of commitment, we passed the ball well and there was confidence from a team that's lost five on the bounce.

"But it's disappointing when you do everything and lose two goals from set pieces. It's normally our strength and we normally score from set pieces."

Sounds like Tel is giving it a right good go.

Danderhall Hibs
What exactly has he said there that made you nearly crash the car?

The_Horde
**** off

green day
27-04-2014, 03:25 PM
;3985725']**** off

You have responded this way to at least 2 threads this afternoon.

Tourettes?

Islington Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:26 PM
He exaggerates but he does need to instil some dwindling confidence. 3 games left- he has no option up to 'big up' the team

The_Horde
27-04-2014, 03:27 PM
You have responded this way to at least 2 threads this afternoon.

Tourettes?

**** off

The_Horde
27-04-2014, 03:29 PM
People still get angry about managers interviews. Do people not realise how irrelevant they are by now?

Wheat Hound
27-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Well at least we won the second half...hooray!

cleanyman
27-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Butcher out, Moyes in

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2014, 03:32 PM
What exactly has he said there that made you nearly crash the car?

Happy with the performance and we have got to take that into the next game? He is convinced we will avoid the play off no problem? We have just lost 6 games in a row for goodness sake not to mention losing to Hearts for the 4 th time this season. Happy with the performance? Don't make me laugh.

down-the-slope
27-04-2014, 03:34 PM
i thought we had the best shape and played better than for a long time (accepting that the base is low) failure to score when on top - and prevent easy goals when under pressure were the difference. Individually there were not many bad performances - just not enough collectively

Can see a massive amount wrong with what he says

weonlywon6-2
27-04-2014, 03:35 PM
What butcher is saying is no really different to whats been posted on here so dont see anything wrong with what he is saying.
We really need this season over so we can move on and get decent players in

lucky
27-04-2014, 03:36 PM
I thought we were the better of 2 ***** teams. Today was the best we've played in a while and we scored which is a change. As for TB he knows if we go down he's away

sleeping giant
27-04-2014, 03:38 PM
It would not have mattered what he said. Some folk would still have ripped it to shreds.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 03:41 PM

Brilliant :faf:

magpie1892
27-04-2014, 03:41 PM
i thought we had the best shape and played better than for a long time (accepting that the base is low) failure to score when on top - and prevent easy goals when under pressure were the difference. Individually there were not many bad performances - just not enough collectively

Can see a massive amount wrong with what he says

This. We played as well I have seen for some time. Still pish, and of course wee had to lose to that lot, but it was an improvement I thought.

Spike Mandela
27-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Sometimes I think what the managers say isn't so much for the fans ears as much as the players. He has to get their fragile confidence up for the next 3 games.

I thought we were the better team but at this stage of the season it's wins we need not promising performances.

TAHibby
27-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Sometimes I think what the managers say isn't so much for the fans ears as much as the players. He has to get their fragile confidence up for the next 3 games.

I thought we were the better team but at this stage of the season it's wins we need not promising performances.

Agree. He could slate the players till 7 o'clock but at this point it will not have any positive effect whatsoever. Has to take the (few) positives from today and try and get something from the players in the remaining games.