PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

Hibee-Wylie
27-04-2014, 02:57 PM
To play him as a striker on his own in a derby? Seriously, the lad is too small and weak to lead the line

HFC 0-7
27-04-2014, 02:59 PM
To play him as a striker on his own in a derby? Seriously, the lad is too small and weak to lead the line

Hmmmm, he done alright, he actually brought the ball down, held it in and fed to midfielders.

SaulGoodman
27-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Weak aye?

Haymaker
Hmmmm, he done alright, he actually brought the ball down, held it in and fed to midfielders.

Yep, did well imo.

LaMotta

:agree: He did well.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Jason did brilliant today, to say he was weak is nonsense as he held the ball on countless occasions. Has done more than Collins has in 5 games. He has to play in the run in, and will score.

dmc1875
He did well I thought. Tried his heart out and looked good on the turn. Needed support which he didn't receive.

hibsbollah
:dunno:

Strange post. He played his role almost faultlessly today in my eyes. Good first touch, brought others into the game, ran at defenders, had his men fouling him. looks a far better lone striker than Collins.

Onceinawhile
Thought he did ok, certainly didn't let himself down.

totally isolated though. Got very frustrating watching him press the Hearts defence but having no one to back him up.

the_ginger_hibee
27-04-2014, 03:03 PM
:agree:

I thought we missed a trick playing Cummings and Haynes up front with Watmore starting. I know Haynes hasn't done much (anything?) but he offers a physical aspect that could have allowed Cummings to get in about goal feeding on scraps and carving chances.

He was good but needed more support and service - which Watmore and Haynes would have done.

Collins and Cummings wouldn't have worked and neither would Cummings and Handling - too lightweight. But we defo needed two upfront.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2014, 03:04 PM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning....

GreenLake
27-04-2014, 03:05 PM

He has a better first touch than Collins and retained possession for us on a good few occasions whereas Collins can go a whole game without getting a second touch on the balls put up to him. I think you are right about him being better playing off someone though.

carnoustiehibee
27-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Thought he played well and Robinson could have got a 2nd yellow for the challenge that he got injured from. He didn't get much support from midfield.

Pray4Marc
27-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Thought Jason had a great game, was a doubter before bit definitely has the tools too make it.

FRes Hibbie
27-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Thought Jason had a great game, was a doubter before bit definitely has the tools too make it.

Yup

kaimendhibs
27-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Jason did brilliant today, to say he was weak is nonsense as he held the ball on countless occasions. Has done more than Collins has in 5 games. He has to play in the run in, and will score.
Thought he did great today

Sent from my iphone

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Thought the lad had a good game:agree:

cabbage_88
27-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Thought Cummings done ok but to continue to play a lone striker was a ridiculous desicion at 2-0 down.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 03:13 PM
He did ok, better than that huddy that replaced him has or ever will do in the future.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:16 PM
If he ever gets that first goal he might go on a wee run. Didn't create much for himself today though.

Brightside
27-04-2014, 03:19 PM
He did ok, better than that huddy that replaced him has or ever will do in the future.

Exactly and to replace him with that clown Collins tells us everything we need to know about Butcher. A hopeless manager, no idea about tactics, how to change a game, and how to use substitutions. I'd rather have Fenlon back and i never thought id ever say that.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Exactly and to replace him with that clown Collins tells us everything we need to know about Butcher. A hopeless manager, no idea about tactics, how to change a game, and how to use substitutions. I'd rather have Fenlon back and i never thought id ever say that.

Did he not go down with cramp? On 60 minutes.

QMU-1875
27-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Boy played great today twice the striker Collins is

greenpaper55
27-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Thought he had a good game today and led the line well on his own, mad to play him as a loan striker.

green day
27-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Boy played great today twice the striker Collins is

This

Held it up well,linked,had a shot from outside the box, all stuff JC cannae do.

Shrekko
27-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Played very well in trying circumstances. Get the feeling the goals will come- we need to persevere with him.

Brightside
27-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Did he not go down with cramp? On 60 minutes.

Yes he did - but got back on and played another 10 mins before Terry subbed him.. when he should have brought on Handling to play next to him.

S4uzee
27-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Thought he played really well and offers a lot more than Collins. Would never say he looked weak

sesoim
27-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Cummings deserved his place in the team after last week, but like a lot of players he isn't a leader. We need leaders through the middle, and we don't have anyone like that to play upfront. If we had a Mixu type who could stay central and allow players like Cummings and Harris to feed off his layoffs, we'd have done better.

scoopyboy
27-04-2014, 03:37 PM
:agree:

I thought we missed a trick playing Cummings and Haynes up front with Watmore starting. I know Haynes hasn't done much (anything?) but he offers a physical aspect that could have allowed Cummings to get in about goal feeding on scraps and carving chances.

He was good but needed more support and service - which Watmore and Haynes would have done.

Collins and Cummings wouldn't have worked and neither would Cummings and Handling - too lightweight. But we defo needed two upfront.

I wouldnae trust Haynes to push ma wheelie bin fae ma back door to the front of ma drive. Apalling excuse for a player

scoopyboy
27-04-2014, 03:38 PM

piss off ya gorgie tramp.

GodisaHibee
27-04-2014, 03:40 PM
I thought he played well and worked hard. His down fall is Playing him up front on his own.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2014, 03:41 PM
at least the young laddie can actually trap and hold on to a ball, cummings and thomson were our better players today

DC_Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Didn't create much for himself today though.

No easy task up front on your jack against 4.

Cummings did very well at St Mirren last week and was a cert to start but our management have learned nothing about the one up front failings we have. Cummings at least had the opportunity to receive a few more manageable passes that he did very well with. Just a shame there is next to no support up there with him and when it does arrive, they are facing multiple opposition midfielders and a whole defence.

Thomson's performance today was great but just a shame one or two others in midfield couldn't support him or Cummings better. Lie St Mirren, Stanton started well but faded away to nothing. I've not enough time to go over the others' failings.

SeanWilson
He looked good to me, hungry for the ball and strong in holding play. I think him as a number 10 with a pacey number 9 would work.

stoneyburn hibs
Was really impressed with him, got a great future ahead of him

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:45 PM
No easy task up front on your jack against 4.

Cummings did very well at St Mirren last week and was a cert to start but our management have learned nothing about the one up front failings we have. Cummings at least had the opportunity to receive a few more manageable passes that he did very well with. Just a shame there is next to no support up there with him and when it does arrive, they are facing multiple opposition midfielders and a whole defence.

Thomson's performance today was great but just a shame one or two others in midfield couldn't support him or Cummings better. Lie St Mirren, Stanton started well but faded away to nothing. I've not enough time to go over the others' failings.

I've read a few say similar about Collins this season but normally that point of views rubbished. The striker up front on his own needs to create his own chances etc.

He done a few decent things, Thomson was decent too and I actually thought Craig was ok as well.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 03:48 PM
I've read a few say similar about Collins this season but normally that point of views rubbished. The striker up front on his own needs to create his own chances etc.

He done a few decent things, Thomson was decent too and I actually thought Craig was ok as well.

If we are to play a striker up front on his own, he has to be fast, strong and a decent finisher. (A la McKay, Griffiths)

Collins and Cummings are not but Butcher seems to refuse playing two up top

gegs70
27-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Cummings did really well today...?

Del Boy
27-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Done well but needs a goal soon. 0 in 8 is not great for any strikers confidence. Hopefully once he gets one he'll start scoring regularly.

cat1875
27-04-2014, 04:10 PM
thought he was excellent !

think we all forget he is only 18 and a lot of pressure on his young shoulders today as a lone striker in a team under pressure

for someone on £100 a week 1st year youth contract done alright for me compared to some so called senior pros on 20 to 30 times his wages

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 04:19 PM
£100 a week? Isn't that below minimum wage?

Michael
27-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Exactly. Why didn't we turn to the footballing maestro that is Danny Haynes?

cat1875
27-04-2014, 04:22 PM
£100 a week? Isn't that below minimum wage?

all the u20s £100 first year £150 second !

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 04:24 PM

The way he holds off players there's no way you can call him weak. Like most seem to think I thought he did pretty well today.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Was infinitely better than Collins imo.

Had a shot in target for one thing which was better than usual. Held the ball up well but, as is usually the case, he had very little support.

There was a point in the 1st half where Hearts broke and no fewer than 8 players went piling forward, Harris done well to make a challenge and we had a chance to break, at walking pace we had 3 players going forward about 40 yards apart and Cummings was easily dispossessed. Poor guy had no chance today.

truehibernian
27-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Man of the match ahead of Thomson for me. More fight in his right boot than half those jokers.

Billy Whizz
27-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Jason is our best striker, needs to play in every game between now and the end of the season

ballengeich
27-04-2014, 05:53 PM
I thought that Cummings had a good game today and has a real chance of making it in the Premier. In previous games I've felt he was a prospect who wasn't yet ready for the first team.

The problem for Hibs is that our recruitment of forwards in the last two transfer windows has left us going into a vital match with a first choice striker who's a teenager yet to score his first senior goal. We weren't going to be able to replace Griffiths, but should at least have been able to bring in a couple of players at the standard of Eoin Doyle.

Chibs
27-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Thought Cummings done ok but to continue to play a lone striker was a ridiculous desicion at 2-0 down.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

piss off ya gorgie tramp.

Absolutlely

Aldo
27-04-2014, 06:04 PM

Really you must of been watching a different game to me.

Everything Collins isn't. Held it up well, put himself about and linked up well.

I am more than certain if he had been on he would of taken that chance.

Hopefully he will start against thistle cos he deserves his chance IMHO.

Just needs a break.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Weak??

dp00
27-04-2014, 06:09 PM
I thought he was good.... Just need some support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststandwanab
27-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.... Do you dislike the smell of it in the afternoon.

Jason is our best striker, needs to play in every game between now and the end of the season For me he should have been first pick striker since the start of the season.

Islington Hibs
27-04-2014, 06:38 PM
He played well. He is young and needs a goal but I thought he played with maturity. A bright spot.

Jonnyboy
27-04-2014, 06:43 PM

Bollox

Blaster
27-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Do you dislike the smell of it in the afternoon.

For me he should have been first pick striker since the start of the season.

Best striker by a distance. No point playing a second striker if they are rubbish. And they are!

SMAXXA
27-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Him and KT best players on the paek

The_Horde
27-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Him and KT best players on the paek

What about the park? :greengrin

Albion Hibs
27-04-2014, 07:50 PM
I thought Cummings did okay, the problem is starting a teenager who has never scored a goal in the first team, in a derby when we are battling against relegation. That said we are £&@? Out of options!

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 07:55 PM
I thought Cummings did okay, the problem is starting a teenager who has never scored a goal in the first team, in a derby when we are battling against relegation. That said we are £&@? Out of options!

Although i think Cummings did well, your post reminds me of playing Benji upfront in the 0-4 zibby semifinal. Mowbray's lowest hour.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Although i think Cummings did well, your post reminds me of playing Benji upfront in the 0-4 zibby semifinal. Mowbray's lowest hour.

Who else could he have played? O Connor was sold, Riordan suspended and killen injured!

TheReg!
28-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Cummings has a first great touch and reminds me of how Rooney controls the ball, if we can get a good target man who can feed him around the box then we will have a top player next season, Infact him, Harris, KT and Stanton should be what the squad is built around.

Weststandwanab
28-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Cummings has a first great touch and reminds me of how Rooney controls the ball, if we can get a good target man who can feed him around the box then we will have a top player next season, Infact him, Harris, KT and Stanton should be what the squad is built around.

Far too sensible but I like it and agree.

clerriehibs
28-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Who else could he have played? O Connor was sold, Riordan suspended and killen injured!

fletcher played - but where?