SteveHFC
27-04-2014, 02:46 PM
:faf:

Did we really pay £200k for him?

HFC 0-7
27-04-2014, 02:47 PM

He would have been a bad signing at 2 pence.

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 02:48 PM
should have started :greengrin

scuttle
27-04-2014, 02:49 PM

an expensive Christian Nade

green day
This stuff needs remembered among today's wrist slitting.

Fenlon bought some utter garbage and they struggle with TBs mince tactics!

CraigHibee

Should have paid us to take him

we are hibs
Im honestly astounded he gets paid to play football,,

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 02:50 PM
What was his miss live on TV? Couldnt quite tell from the game whether it was unlucky or just plain useless...

green day
27-04-2014, 02:50 PM
What was his miss live on TV? Couldnt quite tell from the game whether it was unlucky or just plain useless...

Guess

MSK
27-04-2014, 02:51 PM

Did we really pay £200k for him?Whats so ****ing funny ..?...we are in desperate times but is there really any need tae tae rip the **** out of a player on a public forum ..?

****ing grow up & get behind the team !!

The_Horde
**** off

ionahibby
This stuff needs remembered among today's wrist slitting.

Fenlon bought some utter garbage and they struggle with TBs mince tactics!

Nothing to do with Fenlon imo. He has done well everywhere else that plays the right tactics or 2 up front! It's butchers tactics that aren't working with him.

scuttle
27-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Wouldn't look dangerous playing with an axe in his hand

My_Wife_Camille
27-04-2014, 02:53 PM

Something funny like? **** off

jimmyboco1875
27-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Whats so ****ing funny ..?...we are in desperate times but is there really any need tae tae rip the **** out of a player on a public forum ..?

Yes cos the boy is absolutely murder,

LaMotta
27-04-2014, 02:54 PM
He is the worst striker I have seen at Easter Road. Worse than Lee Power, worse than Hurtado, worse than Trakys, worse than Greg and Graeme Miller. I cant think of a striker with less composure.

He shouldn't even be in the squad he offers nothing and its been obvious since he signed. Surely nobody, not one person, not even his best friend or his mum and dad can come on here and continue to defend him and think that there "is a player in there" good enough to make an impact at SPL level. I actually despair that anyone thinks he offers something.

Cummings showed today how to take a ball into feet and and lay it off. Collins came on and his first touch was like a ten 10 yard pass.

MSK
27-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Yes cos the boy is absolutely murder,Still doesn't deserve the ****ing abuse on here !!!

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 02:56 PM
I loved his first contribution, scything down the hearts boy. Can't believe he didnt get booked for that when Robertson got a yellow for winning the ball.

HFC 0-7
27-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Whats so ****ing funny ..?...we are in desperate times but is there really any need tae tae rip the **** out of a player on a public forum ..?

Any professional player that fresh air kicks the ball in front of goal deserves the pish to be ripped out of him. Not scoring, not hitting the target is one thing, but missing the ****ing ball completely? The boy is rank, it's not the first time he has missed good opportunities either

Stax
27-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Nothing to do with Fenlon imo. He has done well everywhere else that plays the right tactics or 2 up front! It's butchers tactics that aren't working with him.
Sorry but what has Butcher's tactics got to do with missing an absolute sitter? I'm not going to rip into him as he's just part of a poor team but it's not as if he's not got previous.. The "no service" argument only goes so far. His header against the merricks aside he's done nowt.

jimmyboco1875
27-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Still doesn't deserve the ****ing abuse on here !!!

Grumpy hibee right enough, stop reading forum and get your slippers on and pipe out

leggeto
27-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Still doesn't deserve the ****ing abuse on here !!!

No player deserves abuse but he has had so many chances from butcher its unreal when I'd probably say 90% of us who watch him think he does not have the ability,I think he will be shipped out on loan next season

MSK
27-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Any professional player that fresh air kicks the ball in front of goal deserves the pish to be ripped out of him. Not scoring, not hitting the target is one thing, but missing the ****ing ball completely? The boy is rank, it's not the first time he has missed good opportunities eitherThe lads confidence is ripped tae bits ..as are most of the players ..Im not his biggest fan but ffs there is nae need tae make him a ****ing scape goat ..bet none of you keyboard warriors on here would say anything tae his ****ing face ..!!!

#2 Double Tap
Sorry but what has Butcher's tactics got to do with missing an absolute sitter? I'm not going to rip into him as he's just part of a poor team but it's not as if he's not got previous.. The "no service" argument only goes so far. His header against the merricks aside he's done nowt. you could say that the already demotivated striker gets his confidence bashed even more as he is left out the 1st team for a kid who isn't ready.

dmc1875
Sorry but what has Butcher's tactics got to do with missing an absolute sitter? I'm not going to rip into him as he's just part of a poor team but it's not as if he's not got previous.. The "no service" argument only goes so far. His header against the merricks aside he's done nowt.

Its not that but the boy has absolutely no confidence at all at the moment. Still don't think he's good enough and I am not looking forward to seeing the miss on TV...

jimmyboco1875
27-04-2014, 03:03 PM
The lads confidence is ripped tae bits ..as are most of the players ..Im not his biggest fan but ffs there is nae need tae make him a ****ing scape goat ..bet none of you keyboard warriors on here would say anything tae his ****ing face ..!!!

A would that's for sure, he would miss anyway if he tried to give me a slap

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 03:05 PM
That miss is a Match of The Day special.

LaMotta
you could say that the already demotivated striker gets his confidence bashed even more as he is left out the 1st team for a kid who isn't ready.

That kid is far more ready than Collins ever will be.

AllyF
The lads confidence is ripped tae bits ..as are most of the players ..Im not his biggest fan but ffs there is nae need tae make him a ****ing scape goat ..bet none of you keyboard warriors on here would say anything tae his ****ing face ..!!!

Poor wee lamb.

green day
27-04-2014, 03:06 PM

Aye, its the fans fault.....again.

It was a great chance, if it fell to a defender it was forgivable.

S4uzee
27-04-2014, 03:08 PM
He'll score loads if he gets the service according to many

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:11 PM
What was his effort on FT disallowed for?

Looked more dangerous than Cummings today, didn't he?

Had a wee s****** to myself when he brought the ball down and played a ball to Harris' feet - folk were on his back before he played the pass, waiting on the mistake. Same was happening to Craig all day as well.

lucky
27-04-2014, 03:12 PM
I like his work rate but can't defend the miss today. He is just not good enough. RP claims we never paid £200k for him. Claims that was media talk.

#2 Double Tap
27-04-2014, 03:13 PM
That kid is far more ready than Collins ever will be.yer probly right but that's how Collins will see it.

Fergus52
27-04-2014, 03:15 PM
I like his work rate but can't defend the miss today. He is just not good enough. RP claims we never paid £200k for him. Claims that was media talk.

And I'll beleive him.

I don't particularly like Petrie, but I can't understand how anyone would trust the papers ahead of him

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 03:18 PM

Had a wee s****** to myself when he brought the ball down and played a ball to Harris' feet - folk were on his back before he played the pass, waiting on the mistake. Same was happening to Craig all day as well.

No...

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:19 PM
No...

Dangerous might be the wrong word. More shots on target?

Heisenberg
27-04-2014, 03:20 PM

Did he? :confused:

we are hibs
27-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Lol take it your not aloud an opinion on this forum now? He's utter *****

stoneyburn hibs
27-04-2014, 04:00 PM

Aye I had a wee laugh at that one too, some really get their knickers twisted far to easily.

SouthamptonHibs
27-04-2014, 04:05 PM
He is the worst striker I have seen at Easter Road. Worse than Lee Power, worse than Hurtado, worse than Trakys, worse than Greg and Graeme Miller. I cant think of a striker with less composure.

He shouldn't even be in the squad he offers nothing and its been obvious since he signed. Surely nobody, not one person, not even his best friend or his mum and dad can come on here and continue to defend him and think that there "is a player in there" good enough to make an impact at SPL level. I actually despair that anyone thinks he offers something.

Cummings showed today how to take a ball into feet and and lay it off. Collins came on and his first touch was like a ten 10 yard pass.

10/10 great post. I agree Colins is awful

The_Exile
27-04-2014, 04:05 PM
We didn't pay 200k, was closer to half that, and only if he's here for the duration of his contract........still a waste though given the circumstances.

Ronniekirk
27-04-2014, 04:17 PM

Disnae matter what we paid he is a complete waste of money He got the service on a plate and swiped fresh air

Darren1875
27-04-2014, 05:38 PM
I remember claros, he was rank 1st season......

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 05:39 PM
I remember claros, he was rank 1st season......

I'd kill to have the guy in our team.

Chibs
27-04-2014, 05:44 PM

This

Paisley Hibby
27-04-2014, 05:51 PM
I may be wrong but I thought Collins also has the shot right at the end for which McDonald had to make an amazing save to keep out?

HFC 0-7
27-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Behave yourself, as scape goats come missing the ****ing ball completely in front of goal with just the keeper to beat deserves criticism. I don't actually think the op made him a scapegoat but come on, he has been terrible since he came here and has missed a couple of sitters. If you are a professional footballer and can't take criticism you will always struggle.

As to saying something to his face, if I had a sit down and a chat, yeah I would probably bring up his horrific miss and ask him what is going on. Probably wouldn't say to him '200k you are having a laugh'. But how many times have you said things to people about someone that you wouldn't say to their face?

HFC 0-7
27-04-2014, 06:21 PM

No, I thought Cummings done very well today, brought the ball down well and brought other players into the game.

Simkin911
27-04-2014, 06:29 PM
I think Collins is capable of coming good next season. I don't think he's as bad as some make out. However, he did have a howler V Aberdeen from the goalie slip up too. I said to my son he should've had Colon on the back of his shirt after that attempt.

Meanwhile, I was quite impressed by the link up play from Cummings today - ignoring the totally useless long balls that were played to him.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 06:34 PM
He's a man torn of confidence that's for sure. But he really needs to take some of the blame. I've backed him from the start but that chance (I'd like to see it again though) was unforgivable. What was he thinking? Just put your foot through it and it's in. He's let us down badly, but so have just about everyone else.

I'm_cabbaged
27-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Just fast forwarded the recording of the match to see the sitter again. It's actually worse than I thought at the game. :(

BigKev
27-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Any more of yer smart arsed comments & it will be you who will not be reading the forums ..

Very petty behaviour IMO from an admin. - It's an internet forum and the boy was only having an opinion. Banning him is ridiculous.

Collins missed a sitter and couldn't lace the likes of Fletcher or Griffiths boots. He's proved time and time again he's not got a natural scoring instinct.

He had a decent effort at the end but if it was one of those which if it went in the finger would have been pointed at McDonald.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I may be wrong but I thought Collins also has the shot right at the end for which McDonald had to make an amazing save to keep out?

It was called offside before the shot was hit so wouldn't have counted anyway.

MSK
27-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Behave yourself, as scape goats come missing the ****ing ball completely in front of goal with just the keeper to beat deserves criticism. I don't actually think the op made him a scapegoat but come on, he has been terrible since he came here and has missed a couple of sitters. If you are a professional footballer and can't take criticism you will always struggle.

As to saying something to his face, if I had a sit down and a chat, yeah I would probably bring up his horrific miss and ask him what is going on. Probably wouldn't say to him '200k you are having a laugh'. But how many times have you said things to people about someone that you wouldn't say to their face?I don't need tae ****ing behave myself ..we lost two ****ing silly goals & that's why we lost today ..same as last week & many weeks before ..Ive said before & I will repeat, I aint Collins biggest fan but he and many before him have missed sitters ..absolutely no need tae hang the guy for it though is there ?

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 06:38 PM
He's a man torn of confidence that's for sure. But he really needs to take some of the blame. I've backed him from the start but that chance (I'd like to see it again though) was unforgivable. What was he thinking? Just put your foot through it and it's in. He's let us down badly, but so have just about everyone else.

Same here. Although I've watched the replay and I think he did try to put his foot through it, might've been better if he had just tapped it past him. Shocking attempt.

If he had scored they'd have probably chopped it off for a foul on McDonald (mind he was lying about after it).

HibbyAndy
27-04-2014, 06:45 PM
i said this boy was never a player months ago and was roundly hounded on here getting told i was talking bull ,.Its ok cause he tracks back...He puts in a shift, No his fault , He needs service.

JC is up there as one of the worst.strikers ive seen in my life

Islington Hibs
27-04-2014, 06:47 PM
I am sorry for him. He does try and I believe cares but sadly he has not got, at Hibs anyway, the killer touch. He missed a similar chance in the league Cup game against Them too.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2014, 06:53 PM

More dangerous than Cummings? Cummings showed a good touch, had a couple of decent efforts as well. What did Collins do to look dangerous? Apart from miss a sitter.

And in the incident you refer to, I thought folk were on his back as it took him 3 touches to get the ball under control. All of them took him closer to our goal. If he had any awareness he would have turned with his first one and been in acres of space.

He's hopeless.

Tyler Durden
27-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Same here. Although I've watched the replay and I think he did try to put his foot through it, might've been better if he had just tapped it past him. Shocking attempt.

If he had scored they'd have probably chopped it off for a foul on McDonald (mind he was lying about after it).

No. Macdonald was injured due to a Collins missing the ball and kicking him. If he had simply connected with the ball there wouldn't have been a problem. But he didn't as he is pish.

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 06:57 PM
What I cant understand is how hes scored so many goals in League One :dunno: ive been as patient as anyone out there with him, but reluctantly I have to say hes clearly just absolutely ****ing ganting.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 06:59 PM
More dangerous than Cummings? Cummings showed a good touch, had a couple of decent efforts as well. What did Collins do to look dangerous? Apart from miss a sitter.

And in the incident you refer to, I thought folk were on his back as it took him 3 touches to get the ball under control. All of them took him closer to our goal. If he had any awareness he would have turned with his first one and been in acres of space.

He's hopeless.

I suppose I was looking at shots on goal rather than how much running about he done. The chat on here has been that it doesn't matter how much running about you do it's about goals. Both had one shot, both scored none.

No. Macdonald was injured due to a Collins missing the ball and kicking him. If he had simply connected with the ball there wouldn't have been a problem. But he didn't as he is pish.

It was tongue in cheek based on decisions in previous derbies mate.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 07:00 PM
What I cant understand is how hes scored so many goals in League One :dunno: ive been as patient as anyone out there with him, but reluctantly I have to say hes clearly just absolutely ****ing ganting.

Someone on here said he scored more than Rooney for Swindon last season?

Imagine how bad we could've made Rooney look?!

eastterrace
27-04-2014, 07:06 PM
i said this boy was never a player months ago and was roundly hounded on here getting told i was talking bull ,.Its ok cause he tracks back...He puts in a shift, No his fault , He needs service.

JC is up there as one of the worst.strikers ive seen in my life

the boys a lump o wid, he aint a goalscorer .he does have a big heart tho plenty effort but no end product.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2014, 07:09 PM
I suppose I was looking at shots on goal rather than how much running about he done. The chat on here has been that it doesn't matter how much running about you do it's about goals. Both had one shot, both scored none.

Cummings gave them problems though. Collins just ambled about. Cummings brought others in to the game. Not really sure Collins did much of that.

Look, any striker we have is gonna struggle. Lack of support, service etc. But Collins has a growing list of very bad misses.

Tyler Durden
27-04-2014, 07:11 PM

Fair play, I'm losing my sense of humour watching this Hibs team

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Look, any striker we have is gonna struggle. Lack of support, service etc. But Collins has a growing list of very bad misses.

Can't disagree with that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Someone on here said he scored more than Rooney for Swindon last season?

Imagine how bad we could've made Rooney look?!

Collins scored 18 last season including a hattrick vs Stoke..

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 07:38 PM
When was the last time we had a striker who has played most of the season and didn't hit double figures.

I know there is a few more games to go but can't see him getting another start never mind another goal.

easty
27-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Cummings gave them problems though. Collins just ambled about. Cummings brought others in to the game. Not really sure Collins did much of that.

I thought we changed the ball into the striker after Cummings went off. Cummings did well with his back to goal and taking the ball in, but the balls Collins was given were far harder to deal with.

Nobody is going to say he played well. He's struggling but I still think he can play a bit. I still think he's good enough to score goals in the SPL. I think over the summer we'll sort out the defensive frailties and it'll make a massive difference to the team going forward, that'll be to the benefit of Collins. Better players than he have had bad seasons.

leggeto
27-04-2014, 08:04 PM
the boys a lump o wid, he aint a goalscorer .he does have a big heart tho plenty effort but no end product.

Summed up perfectly for me,sorry James you have to go

number 27
27-04-2014, 08:08 PM
I thought we changed the ball into the striker after Cummings went off. Cummings did well with his back to goal and taking the ball in, but the balls Collins was given were far harder to deal with.

Nobody is going to say he played well. He's struggling but I still think he can play a bit. I still think he's good enough to score goals in the SPL. I think over the summer we'll sort out the defensive frailties and it'll make a massive difference to the team going forward, that'll be to the benefit of Collins. Better players than he have had bad seasons.

I really am not a collins fan but i do agree with you today, as soon as he came on we started hoofing aimless balls in his general direction.

stevejordan
27-04-2014, 08:13 PM
if we had Messi as centre forward he still would not score no service = no goals okay he missed a bad one today but we scored a good goal second half and it was the defence that cocked up not his fault for that.

pontius pilate
27-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Im sticking by the young lad and ill get shot down for it as well but hey ho opinions eh! Lets look at it from this angle I go into work im in FM and my boss asks me to carry out a job with no tools and I cant bring in anybody else to do it so I have no way to to deliver a service and no support to do it tge client then tells me im ***** and constantly under performi then go outside and get tokd from random strangers that I should leave everyday I go into work my confidence woukd be shot in fact id more than likely take numerous sick days and feel sorry for myself. The guy works damn hard for the team and yes he missed that chance but FFS hiw about tryig to give him some encouragement since he signed certain sections of our support have hounded him and wanted him out thats a disgrace. James I hope you ban them in either in the run in or next season and ram it up the doubters

Bayern Bru
27-04-2014, 08:19 PM

Who let the jester in?

Did you regularly watch Trakys, Power and Hurtado?

:confused:

LaMotta
27-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Who let the jester in?

Did you regularly watch Trakys, Power and Hurtado?

:confused:

I did, and Collins is worse than all of them.

The only jesters are people who keep making up feeble excuses for his ****in rank performances.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Folk are slaughtering James Collins here today. I think he is murder. But James Collins is not the reason Hibs lost today. The reason, yet again, was due to pash poor defending of two high balls into our box - two goals in four minutes - game over. Who was to blame for those two goals?

pontius pilate
27-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Folk are slaughtering James Collins here today. I think he is murder. But James Collins is not the reason Hibs lost today. The reason, yet again, was due to pash poor defending of two high balls into our box - two goals in four minutes - game over. Who was to blame for those two goals?

Going with whats been said tonight collins obviously

I really do feel for him 23 and he gets dogs abuse every game

Ronniekirk
27-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Fair point think we have all just accepted we can't keep a clean sheet yet when butcher first came in we were able to do this .To loose two so quickly and so cheaply cost us the draw which you could argue we would have merited .But the fact we are relying in the main on defenders to score puts strikers under the spotlight .if he was hitting the target and not scoring you could maybe cut him some slack but he follows up his miss in last derby with not even connecting with the ball .If he can't do that what s the point in playing him

chrisski33
27-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Lost all respect for collins when before the st mirren game he was interviewed and told other relegation teams to catch us if they can and hed start banging in the goals. Talk is cheap and too much talk comes out of hibs and not enough action even nelson was at it this week in the press ffs!

snooky
27-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Going with whats been said tonight collins obviously

I really do feel for him 23 and he gets dogs abuse every game

James always tries his best however, whether that is good enough is a matter of opinion.
I personally don't think he is however, that said, playing as a lone striker week in week out is a big ask for any player.

easty
27-04-2014, 08:47 PM
I did, and Collins is worse than all of them.

The only jesters are people who keep making up feeble excuses for his ****in rank performances.

Not in a million years is that even a little bit true. Absolutely ridiculous.

Judas Iscariot
27-04-2014, 08:47 PM

Ah

Its us, the fans fault that he & the team are gash

:aok:

easty
27-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Lost all respect for collins when before the st mirren game he was interviewed and told other relegation teams to catch us if they can and hed start banging in the goals. Talk is cheap and too much talk comes out of hibs and not enough action even nelson was at it this week in the press ffs!

You lost all respect in him because he tried to show a bit of confidence?

easty
27-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Ah

Its us, the fans fault that he & the team are gash

:aok:

Just yours Steven. Just yours.

Bobby's Cinema
27-04-2014, 08:50 PM
emptied in the summer.

LaMotta
27-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Not in a million years is that even a little bit true. Absolutely ridiculous.

The fact you think "he can play a bit" is absolutely ridiculous :aok:

Heisenberg
27-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Even if he's low on confidence he should still be able to make contact with the ball and put it in the net from 6 yards out with most of the goal to aim at. He's missed too many easy/good chances this season. So much for making us forget Griffiths :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
27-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Just yours Steven. Just yours.

Probably Andrew..

Along with the fact I backed them today too..

Poor form from myself :rolleyes:

easty
27-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Probably Andrew..

Along with the fact I backed them today too..

Poor form from myself :rolleyes:

So did I....haha!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 09:17 PM
emptied in the summer.

Not happening.

cleanyman
27-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Thought it was a terrible miss at the time, just saw it again.

Oh my.

frazeHFC
27-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Feel sorry fir the guy, felt bad giving him stick afterwards outside as he did look upset, however the guys not good enough.

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 10:23 PM
The guy couldn't find a net even if he was standing on centre court of Wimbledon.

He does try but how many chances has he squandered? Just not good enough.

whereswallace?
27-04-2014, 10:25 PM

:top marks:faf:

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Thought it was a terrible miss at the time, just saw it again.

Oh my.

I was in the FF upper and thought McDonald had saved it. Saw it on SSN when I got home and couldn't believe that he didn't even get a shot in.

What could have been.

Ronniekirk
27-04-2014, 10:33 PM

pass that axe Eugene:wink:

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Having now seen it on TV it is a terrible miss. He also had plenty time to do something with it. One of those things 9/10 you would get contact in that situation.

truehibernian
27-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Having now seen it on TV it is a terrible miss. He also had plenty time to do something with it. One of those things 9/10 you would get contact in that situation.

Shocking player, shocking striker - hence we are where we are. A montage of his gilt edged chances would be interesting to watch and to see how many pints we'd have gained had he been remotely decent !!

truehibernian
Points, not pints 😀

iwasthere1972
It was a bit like that trick magicians do with three balls and three plastic cups except Collins got to pick two balls from three and he still didn't get the right one.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 10:47 PM
A miss like that one wasn't even a confidence issue. Misses due to lack of confidence tend to be snatching at half chances or blasting shots that should be placed etc.

Literally all he had to do was connect with the ball and he didn't. 9 times out of 10 he would but today, whether it was lack of concentration or what I don't know, he missed it. He has to be big enough to accept that he will get pelters for such a miss and pick himself up.

As a striker there is one surefire way to shut your critics up. We know it and he knows it.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 10:51 PM
A miss like that one wasn't even a confidence issue. Misses due to lack of confidence tend to be snatching at half chances or blasting shots that should be placed etc.

Literally all he had to do was connect with the ball and he didn't. 9 times out of 10 he would but today, whether it was lack of concentration or what I don't know, he missed it. He has to be big enough to accept that he will get pelters for such a miss and pick himself up.

As a striker there is one surefire way to shut your critics up. We know it and he knows it.

I would actually be happy just to see him peel off the defender and show for a pass, get in a position to run at the defence, take a snap shot, get in the six yard box, take a good first touch giving him space on the ball or win a header.

Any of the above would make me happy as he is doing none of them at the moment

ehf
27-04-2014, 10:53 PM
At the game, I thought he had missed a sitter but just watched the highlights and, to be fair, it wasn't that easy a chance. Sparky would probably have put it away, though.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 10:56 PM
At the game, I thought he had missed a sitter but just watched the highlights and, to be fair, it wasn't that easy a chance. Sparky would probably have put it away, though.

I think if he made contact McDonald would have saved it. Nevin saying he had time to take it round the keeper is ludicrous there were three hearts players bearing down on him.

He still had a lot of time to connect.

truehibernian
27-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Sorry, how can folk keep defending him or offering excuse after excuse ? He's utterly useless - useless !

We slagged off Nade for gods sake - he's on a par with him.

Jason Cummings won more headers, took the ball in first touch, and ran at defenders and won more free kicks in 70 minutes than Collins could in 700 !!

Get rid, quickly, and do it summertime !! Please !!!

calder45a
27-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Feel sorry fir the guy, felt bad giving him stick afterwards outside as he did look upset, however the guys not good enough.
Was it a white one?

silverhibee
27-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Shocking player, shocking striker - hence we are where we are. A montage of his gilt edged chances would be interesting to watch and to see how many pints we'd have gained had he been remotely decent !!

And yet folk still defend him, poor poor striker.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2014, 12:16 AM
The abuse some hibs "fans" are giving him on Twitter is absolutely disgusting. What a way to get a guys confidence up, well done.

truehibernian
28-04-2014, 12:24 AM
The abuse some hibs "fans" are giving him on Twitter is absolutely disgusting. What a way to get a guys confidence up, well done.

Footballers shouldn't be on Twitter - it's the nature of the beast. Scores goals, gets praise, doesn't he gets abuse. He doesn't score - stay off and delete Twitter !

truehibernian
28-04-2014, 12:25 AM
And he's gash so I don't really care - makes my blood boil that we paid money for him.

iwasthere1972
28-04-2014, 12:29 AM

In the old days before T'internet and Twitter for Twats we would have been round his hoose tanning his windaes and putting doggy doo through his letterbox. :greengrin

Boyle89
28-04-2014, 12:41 AM
**** me!! That's about 4 absolute sitters he's missed. That's probably more difficult than the last one against hearts but he's now missed 3 against them in the last 3 games. Also seem to remember him missing an easy one against Motherwell away I think. He really is a poor footballer. That's not confidence it's just lack of coordination. Sorry James but you are not good enough for hibs.

truehibernian
28-04-2014, 12:42 AM
James always tries his best however, whether that is good enough is a matter of opinion.
I personally don't think he is however, that said, playing as a lone striker week in week out is a big ask for any player.

Not a big ask at all - that's nonsense. Look at the lad at Utd ? Or Sutton ?

Collins is unfit, he plays constantly with back to goal, and even in his cameo today he twice didn't anticipate a knock on when that huddy Nelson actually did something effective and won a header up front !

Collins is a really poor footballer - am I one of the few to see it and have done all season ? Those that say 'he gives effort' - Jesus Tam McCourt would give effort on a pitch !!

He was bought to score goals - in any formation, strikers have a natural instinct to score and create goals - he's mince mince mince mince !

No debate, no tweets, no arguments, he's crap !

The Sea-gull
28-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Not happening.

Do you know something that suggests this is not happening?

I could maybe see a Clayton Donaldson type scenario here where clubs down south will be interested in Collins based on his time down there rather than anything he has done here and move from him in the summer. Would not be surprised if he goes down there and does well similar to what Donaldson has done.

Perhaps if we have not paid Swindon the full transfer fee he'll go back there instead of them getting the cash they are owed.

If we can cash in and break even or minimise loss then we should do but I may go against popular opinion here and say that if we're going to lose money by punting him (i.e. by having to pay him off) then we should maybe give him another season. Not as the no 1 striker (we'd need to sign someone in the summer better that JC for this) but as back up to see if he would improve without the pressure of being looked upon as the top striker. I have questioned Collins from the start and was indeed given pelters for saying that I was unconvinced early doors with him but think a lot of folk forget he is only 22.

It was a ridiculous decison from Fenlon to sign an untried and untested 22 year old for that kind of money and them throw him in as our main striker for the season. Seeing the way Sutton, Boyd and Rooney have performed this season makes it even worse as I belive these are all players we could have signed if we'd pushed for it just that wee bit more. All of them would not have cost a transfer fee for a start.

Expecting Rain
28-04-2014, 08:26 AM
It was a terrible miss yesterday but he almost made it up for it with a good effort at the end, he needs to be encouraged not slaughtered by his own supporters.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2014, 08:33 AM
I keep hearing there is a good player in there somewhere, well why the **** does he keep hiding? Two chances against Hearts that could have redeemed what has clearly been a shocking season by him, but he failed both times.

Set up perfectly by Watmore at tynecastle, and he blasts it over the bar. An easy chance yesterday to poke the ball into an empty net and he completely misses the ball. Puts to bed the myth if we create chances for him he will put them away.

He's a trier, but thats about it i'm afraid.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2014, 08:40 AM

I could maybe see a Clayton Donaldson type scenario here where clubs down south will be interested in Collins based on his time down there rather than anything he has done here and move from him in the summer. Would not be surprised if he goes down there and does well similar to what Donaldson has done.

Perhaps if we have not paid Swindon the full transfer fee he'll go back there instead of them getting the cash they are owed.

If we can cash in and break even or minimise loss then we should do but I may go against popular opinion here and say that if we're going to lose money by punting him (i.e. by having to pay him off) then we should maybe give him another season. Not as the no 1 striker (we'd need to sign someone in the summer better that JC for this) but as back up to see if he would improve without the pressure of being looked upon as the top striker. I have questioned Collins from the start and was indeed given pelters for saying that I was unconvinced early doors with him but think a lot of folk forget he is only 22.

It was a ridiculous decison from Fenlon to sign an untried and untested 22 year old for that kind of money and them throw him in as our main striker for the season. Seeing the way Sutton, Boyd and Rooney have performed this season makes it even worse as I belive these are all players we could have signed if we'd pushed for it just that wee bit more. All of them would not have cost a transfer fee for a start.

Collins wont be going anywhere, IMO. A guy who we paid money for and signed, what? A three year deal I think it was? We are stuck with him for next season anyway. Look at Billy McKay, he took about a season to start banging them in. The guy is low on confidence hence why he isn't scoring goals. I am not defending his miss yesterday, I was flabbergasted by it. As frustrating as he may be, we need to encourage the guy, not slag him off.

GGTTH

scuttle
28-04-2014, 09:03 AM
pass that axe Eugene:wink:

Plays more like Keith Floyd

chrisski33
28-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Footballers shouldn't be on Twitter - it's the nature of the beast. Scores goals, gets praise, doesn't he gets abuse. He doesn't score - stay off and delete Twitter !

Hear hear!!

The Sea-gull
28-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Collins wont be going anywhere, IMO. A guy who we paid money for and signed, what? A three year deal I think it was? We are stuck with him for next season anyway. Look at Billy McKay, he took about a season to start banging them in. The guy is low on confidence hence why he isn't scoring goals. I am not defending his miss yesterday, I was flabbergasted by it. As frustrating as he may be, we need to encourage the guy, not slag him off.

GGTTH

Can see your point re persevering with him and covered this in my earlier post but only to persevere if we have to rather than lose money just for the sake of it.

I think the example of Clayton Donaldson does show that we don't have to get stick with him and there is a way of moving these players on.

patlowe
28-04-2014, 09:17 AM

In terms of the three guys you mention, I'm not sure it's as simple as you suggest. Collins has clearly not cut the mustard and his signing has turned out to be a mistake so far but he scored a lot of goals last year and clearly had potential for his age when Fenlon went for him. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, just trying to apply a bit of context.

John Sutton, although he has had a decent record over the years, was dismissed as a bit of a passed-it donkey on here when at Hearts. If we'd gone for him plenty would have been angry and I'm not convinced he would do anything in this Hibs team. Last year, who would have predicted that it would be Sutton banging them in and McFadden struggling to get into that Motherwell team? Not me anyway!

Rooney was struggling in the English lower leagues and had a worse record than Collins in League 1. If we'd gone for him last summer many would have questioned why we were signing the guy from Swindon who isn't scoring rather than the guy who is (Collins). Fair enough, Rooney has scored a semi-decent number of goals since he signed for Aberdeen but he went into a well-performing team with lots of good attacking players and confidence.

Boyd, I will give you; a proven striker that definitely would have scored goals for us. However, I get the impression that he would only sign for Killie or Rangers in Scotland.

Onion
28-04-2014, 09:23 AM

GGTTH

For his own good he needs to get out of ER. The fans have lost patience with him and his confidence is completely shot. If he has any sense, his agent will be trying get him back into a club that suits him, cause he's a dead weight at Hibs. Would be astonished if Butcher thinks he's the man he need to lead the line next season.

Russ
28-04-2014, 09:31 AM

Couldnae agree more, you have to wonder if some people know what the term supporter means.

(((Fergus)))
28-04-2014, 11:17 AM
In defence of Collins in this particular instance:

1) What should he have done with the ball? Hit it when the goalkeeper was already in his face?

2) OK he missed the ball singular, but he did at least hit the plurals: Jamie McDonald's plurals

Nice slow-mo from 00:27 here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27183902

:top marks

eggbamyasi
28-04-2014, 11:30 AM
I have always defended collins , and I still think he will come good tbh . Was gutted when he missed that chance should have 100% buried it and was a ahocking miss . Imo just shows how shot his confidence is . Hes 22 on a reasonable sized contract and I still beleive he should get next season to prove himself a fresh start to season see how he gets on . The abuse he gets is totally wrong . Like the people waiting outside stadium giving him dogs abuse is just so counter productive and makes me angry , how will that help the guy its just gonna make things worse and nobody deserves singularly blamed or abused because the whole team are playing ***** . The miss was terrible but it happens alot I could get youtube clips of world class strikers missing worse chances than that it happens more than you think one I remember in particular is yakubu at world cup . We need to encourage him and get behind our players for last potential 5 games and stay up and start again next season . I really see potential in this youngster and I hope we stick with him and hes not hounded out .with good team around him and with his work ethic and effort and with improvement due too his age I think he will bang them in for us .tbh im more dissapointed with Heffernan hes experienced and proven and at his age in what games hes managed to play he should have been better .I might be totally wrong and will take the slagging if hes as bad /unlucky next season .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

WestEndHibee
28-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I have always defended collins , and I still think he will come good tbh . Was gutted when he missed that chance should have 100% buried it and was a ahocking miss . Imo just shows how shot his confidence is . Hes 22 on a reasonable sized contract and I still beleive he should get next season to prove himself a fresh start to season see how he gets on . The abuse he gets is totally wrong . Like the people waiting outside stadium giving him dogs abuse is just so counter productive and makes me angry , how will that help the guy its just gonna make things worse and nobody deserves singularly blamed or abused because the whole team are playing ***** . The miss was terrible but it happens alot I could get youtube clips of world class strikers missing worse chances than that it happens more than you think one I remember in particular is yakubu at world cup . We need to encourage him and get behind our players for last potential 5 games and stay up and start again next season . I really see potential in this youngster and I hope we stick with him and hes not hounded out .with good team around him and with his work ethic and effort and with improvement due too his age I think he will bang them in for us .tbh im more dissapointed with Heffernan hes experienced and proven and at his age in what games hes managed to play he should have been better .I might be totally wrong and will take the slagging if hes as bad /unlucky next season .

Captured my thoughts exactly.

Flanny boy
28-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Say what you want the guy is garbage
get him to **** now,waste o space

Pretty Boy
28-04-2014, 12:06 PM

1) What should he have done with the ball? Hit it when the goalkeeper was already in his face?

2) OK he missed the ball singular, but he did at least hit the plurals: Jamie McDonald's plurals

Still think if he connected with the ball that the way he shaped his foot he would have scored. He was aiming for the open part of the goal.

Was a bad miss imo. Lack of concentration or maybe panic and he's taken his eye off the ball.

The Sea-gull
28-04-2014, 12:47 PM
In terms of the three guys you mention, I'm not sure it's as simple as you suggest. Collins has clearly not cut the mustard and his signing has turned out to be a mistake so far but he scored a lot of goals last year and clearly had potential for his age when Fenlon went for him. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, just trying to apply a bit of context.

John Sutton, although he has had a decent record over the years, was dismissed as a bit of a passed-it donkey on here when at Hearts. If we'd gone for him plenty would have been angry and I'm not convinced he would do anything in this Hibs team. Last year, who would have predicted that it would be Sutton banging them in and McFadden struggling to get into that Motherwell team? Not me anyway!

Rooney was struggling in the English lower leagues and had a worse record than Collins in League 1. If we'd gone for him last summer many would have questioned why we were signing the guy from Swindon who isn't scoring rather than the guy who is (Collins). Fair enough, Rooney has scored a semi-decent number of goals since he signed for Aberdeen but he went into a well-performing team with lots of good attacking players and confidence.

Boyd, I will give you; a proven striker that definitely would have scored goals for us. However, I get the impression that he would only sign for Killie or Rangers in Scotland.

Fair points. I know what you mean, had we signed Sutton there would have been a lot of "Hearts cant", "Hearts reject", "what has he done in two years type posts. I honestly don't know what I would have thought, well I don't care about all the Hearts stuff but perhaps I would have been concerned about his form. and would have looked for a better striker in addition to him if we had gone for him.

I honestly think Rooney would have been well received as reaction to him had been positive whenever we were linked in the past. If we'd signed Rooney, I doubt many on here would even know who Collins is.

Boyd - there would actually probably have been doubters over his fitness and some folk will just never like him but perhaps he wasn't really touted as, correct me if I am wrong, he hadn't really done much for Killie in the short time he was there last season. It's only this season he has hit form.

davym7062
28-04-2014, 12:47 PM

show a bit composure and lift it over the goalie. was a shocker

number 27
28-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Still think if he connected with the ball that the way he shaped his foot he would have scored. He was aiming for the open part of the goal.

Was a bad miss imo. Lack of concentration or maybe panic and he's taken his eye off the ball.

Finally plucked up the courage to watch the replay. I had thought that maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it seemed at the time.

Sadly not.

The Sea-gull
28-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Collins' miss was poor stuff right enough but does anyone else think that more has been made of it because of the following:-

Who missed it.
Who he plays for.
His and his team's form this season.
Who it was against.
The importance of the game.

I see it has made the highlights section of the BBC website. Found out recently that a couple of the team responsible for stuff like web and programme content, discussion topics, line up of pundits on shows and scripts are yams. Explains a lot.

(((Fergus)))
28-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Collins' miss was poor stuff right enough but does anyone else think that more has been made of it because of the following:-

Who missed it.
Who he plays for.
His and his team's form this season.
Who it was against.
The importance of the game.

I see it has made the highlights section of the BBC website. Found out recently that a couple of the team responsible for stuff like web and programme content, discussion topics, line up of pundits on shows and scripts are yams. Explains a lot.

Yes to all five, although regarding yams the Hamill/Adams incident also made the general sport/football section of BBC - hardly flattering for them. (Plus headline was worded in a way to suggest that average reader would have no idea who was being referred to.)

Keith_M
28-04-2014, 01:15 PM
For anyone that hasn't seen it, judge for yourselves....

here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DuU1PafrE)

Franck Stanton
28-04-2014, 01:23 PM

hasn't seen it ? Oh aye, that'll be the wee boy living in a tent in outer Mongolia then.

WestEndHibee
28-04-2014, 01:30 PM
hasn't seen it ? Oh aye, that'll be the wee boy living in a tent in outer Mongolia then.

Nah he definitely saw hit. Malpas sent a wee link to him via his teacup.

easty
28-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Could this episode take a new twist?

What if it was a cup AND a phone!

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/10pcs-newest-novelty-gadgets-creative-mark/144652743.html

Bronson
28-04-2014, 01:48 PM

Brutal. Genuinely is a player I've tried to defend as much as possible, but the boy is ganting.

Keith_M
28-04-2014, 01:52 PM

Fans outside scotland can't view the BBC link.

Why don't you engage your brain before pointlessly slagging off other posters.

dmc1875
28-04-2014, 05:05 PM
https://vine.co/v/MvrOiBML3gK

Ignoring the yam at the end...can't get a better (or worse) angle than that. Looks worse every time you see it.

I thought it might have taken a wicked bobble...but no

Collins must have his head under the duvet still..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2014, 05:08 PM

Ignoring the yam at the end...can't get a better (or worse) angle than that. Looks worse every time you see it.

The yam at the end. ****ing howling even though I shouldn't be:faf:

iwasthere1972
28-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Went for one ball and ended up striking two.

My granny could have put that away.

Kaiserclem
28-04-2014, 05:18 PM

Finally someone with sense, the guys runs about up front on his own most weeks, dying in wingers and service aswell as a partner, when we take him off butcher puts Nelson up front. Clueless, give him a partner!

Spike Mandela
28-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Once you become known for a miss like this the game is over.........Chris Iwelumo, Hans Eskillson, Ronnie Rosenthal, Peter Van Vossen etc etc................James Collins.

dmc1875
28-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Finally someone with sense, the guys runs about up front on his own most weeks, dying in wingers and service aswell as a partner, when we take him off butcher puts Nelson up front. Clueless, give him a partner!

There is no excuse for Butchers tactic of Nelson up front when we have a striker on the bench...

However Fenlon is not blameless with Collins. Collins scored a lot of goals down south, but when you watch them a lot are headers from crosses into the box.

Fenlon did not buy any wingers, no one with direct pace, and played such a deep sitting slow game that he signed the totally wrong type of striker.

Collins has probably gone completely backwards as a player this year I doubt he has learned anything and his confidence is absolutely blown to pieces.

madhatter
28-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Once you become known for a miss like this the game is over.........Chris Iwelumo, Hans Eskillson, Ronnie Rosenthal, Peter Van Vossen etc etc................James Collins.

Nah. I've seen glaring missing from other players and they are doing fine. Seen a fresh air from Sturridge not long ago. A fresh air from commons on the weekend also. He got lucky though as a teammate slotted it away and they were coasting.

People need to lay off the lad. Tries his hardest. Invariably looks like he isnt good enough but why ruin the guy's life. Nothing would make me happier to see him prove us all wrong, I get the impression that most want him to fail, be booted from the club and for his career to be over.

We should have him upfront with cummings. Neither are overly suited to playing alone up top. Although I'd not be disappointed if we kept same line up.

Oh and incidentally I think if he wasn't dropping short or trying to control a ball coming out of orbit. And if we had decent wingers that could pick out a cross, he'd smack a fair few headers away. Collins and Mckay front pairing next year.

snooky
28-04-2014, 05:49 PM

He still couldn't hit it even with the ball in slow motion - FFS :rolleyes:

leggeto
28-04-2014, 05:52 PM

1st time I've looked at the replay,jezus that's up there with the van vossen miss,the fact that there are wimmin laughing says it all

greenlex
28-04-2014, 06:04 PM

The ball sticks to Cummings. His first touch is excellent. With Collins his second touch is either a tackle or at the halfway line. I don't think it was anything to do with the difficulty of the balls to him. His first touch is poor.

madhatter
28-04-2014, 06:12 PM
The ball sticks to Cummings. His first touch is excellent. With Collins his second touch is either a tackle or at the halfway line. I don't think it was anything to do with the difficulty of the balls to him. His first touch is poor.

First touch is poor but the balls up got worse when he came on and when Nelson got pushed up. Cummings has great first touch but once again same problem. Dropping short instead of facing up defenders.

greenlex
28-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Nothing to do with Fenlon imo. He has done well everywhere else that plays the right tactics or 2 up front! It's butchers tactics that aren't working with him. :confused: So is it Butchers fault our main Striker (you know the one who will make us forget Griffiths) cant even connect with the ball six yards out? Deary me.

(((Fergus)))
28-04-2014, 06:15 PM
1st time I've looked at the replay,jezus that's up there with the van vossen miss,the fact that there are wimmin laughing says it all

Van Vossen had an open goal and ball was put on a plate for him. The only thing up there with the Van Vossen miss is the amount of hyperbole about this incident.

Ronniekirk
28-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Was just watching the clip a minute ago and noticed that .I don't see how he can recover from that but Between him and Hayes we have two of the worst strikers in the league .Duncan Campbell think it was the name ,did a piece in dailly record stating he is the worst signing of the Season I genuinely feel for him , but we are fighting for survival and maybe he should have a few games with under twenties team and see if he can score and gain confidence in case we need him in playoffs .Might be worth a try and wonder why T B hasn't done this before now .

silverhibee
28-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Was just watching the clip a minute ago and noticed that .I don't see how he can recover from that but Between him and Hayes we have two of the worst strikers in the league .Duncan Campbell think it was the name ,did a piece in dailly record stating he is the worst signing of the Season I genuinely feel for him , but we are fighting for survival and maybe he should have a few games with under twenties team and see if he can score and gain confidence in case we need him in playoffs .Might be worth a try and wonder why T B hasn't done this before now .

I doubt he would risk doing that at this point in the season, what if he picked up a injury playing in the Under 20s, that would leave us very short on strikers for the rest of the games, will be more than happy for Butcher to play Cummings for the rest of the games and Collins can sit on the bench, i just wish Butcher has the balls to drop all the experienced players in the team and go with all the young lads for the remaining games.

Aldo
28-04-2014, 07:26 PM
I doubt he would risk doing that at this point in the season, what if he picked up a injury playing in the Under 20s, that would leave us very short on strikers for the rest of the games, will be more than happy for Butcher to play Cummings for the rest of the games and Collins can sit on the bench, i just wish Butcher has the balls to drop all the experienced players in the team and go with all the young lads for the remaining games.

Silver if we had been safe then you would of probably seen some of the younger lads starting. I must admit I backed Collins but sorry that was as bad a miss as I've seen. As for Cummings, I saw enough of him on Sunday to see there is a player in there. Held his own IMHO and just needs a break. I would play him up top for the remaining 3 games.

eggbamyasi
28-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Nah. I've seen glaring missing from other players and they are doing fine. Seen a fresh air from Sturridge not long ago. A fresh air from commons on the weekend also. He got lucky though as a teammate slotted it away and they were coasting.

People need to lay off the lad. Tries his hardest. Invariably looks like he isnt good enough but why ruin the guy's life. Nothing would make me happier to see him prove us all wrong, I get the impression that most want him to fail, be booted from the club and for his career to be over.

We should have him upfront with cummings. Neither are overly suited to playing alone up top. Although I'd not be disappointed if we kept same line up.

Oh and incidentally I think if he wasn't dropping short or trying to control a ball coming out of orbit. And if we had decent wingers that could pick out a cross, he'd smack a fair few headers away. Collins and Mckay front pairing next year.

Agree 100%

Bronson
28-04-2014, 07:59 PM

Bit dramatic mate, a few blokes posting on hibs.net saying they think he's bowfing at football won't end his career and certainly won't ruin his life.

LaMotta
28-04-2014, 08:09 PM

Yeh but look at what your saying......other players who do good things, and have obvious quality like Sturridge and Commons and are doing fine can get away with glaring misses.....because of the fact that they contribute something. Nobody is saying Collins is honking because of just one ( albeit horrendous) miss. They are saying so because the miss is the latest in a season full of murder performances that confirms he isnt good enough.

This is total nonsense, you think his doubters are creaming themselves at his pish poor performance yesterday that contributed to yet another dismal derby disaster, just so they can all turn round and say "i told you so" ??

The personal attacks on him after the game at ER and abuse on Twitter are well out of order, but that doesnt mean we should ignore the fact he is way out of his depth. Watch his first touch in the game yesterday - look at how bad it was, from a decent pass into his feet, seriously just watch it again.

madhatter
28-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Bit dramatic mate, a few blokes posting on hibs.net saying they think he's bowfing at football won't end his career and certainly won't ruin his life.

No it won't but its funny it normally comes from those that criticise protests and suggest that we get "right behind" the team. People are too keen to splatter their opinions here where they can't be identified and criticise freely whilst mocking protests. If everyone who has stated getting "right behind the team" want to actually do that I'd recommend giving some slack to the only "senior" forward at the club who is fit. I left out Haynes due to his poor behaviour recently. Also, you'd be surprised how doing badly at Hibs can affect careers. Collins is desperate to do well and it was nothing short of a disgrace that he was brought in to fill the void of Griffiths. Support the whole team until the end of the season, they're all we've got.

mutley
28-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm just catching up on this thread, that YouTube footage says it all. Yes a lot of good (dare I say great) players miss the odd sitter, but Colins? He misses them more often than not. Never a striker

EdinMike
28-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Professional football player...

TRC
28-04-2014, 08:27 PM
But then he has a van basten esq volley which would have been a beauty. It was horrific miss however. Ive stuck up for him and I still think next year he will be better.

madhatter
28-04-2014, 08:28 PM
The personal attacks on him after the game at ER and abuse on Twitter are well out of order, but that doesnt mean we should ignore the fact he is way out of his depth. Watch his first touch in the game yesterday - look at how bad it was, from a decent pass into his feet, seriously just watch it again.

The whole team is not good enough then, sorry. If we had a good midfield surely 2 or 3 of them should have scored at least 6-8 each by now. Oh and the defence, best clean sheet record or am I still dreaming? You fail to see my point, an OK player can look sensational in a good team. An OK player in a garbage team is garbage. It is the whole team that counts, unless you have a player of Griffiths calibre or above. Which we don't. KT is good but let's be serious Griffiths, on his own, carried us through last season.

eastterrace
28-04-2014, 08:29 PM
if you look at the picture just before he tries to swipe at the ball he looks at the keeper ,me thinks he thought he was going to get clattered so he kinda bottled out of it, but he is pish tho.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2014, 08:30 PM

Assuming of course you can kick a ball. You never missed a sitter?

Albion Hibs
28-04-2014, 08:32 PM

I did not think it would take so long for the jambos to get something like this in circulation!

Hermit Crab
28-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Silver if we had been safe then you would of probably seen some of the younger lads starting. I must admit I backed Collins but sorry that was as bad a miss as I've seen. As for Cummings, I saw enough of him on Sunday to see there is a player in there. Held his own IMHO and just needs a break. I would play him up top for the remaining 3 games.

Agathe v hearts?

De Graf v Maribor?

de Graf v Killy away?

madhatter
28-04-2014, 08:36 PM
What is the point most of you making a rallying call and saying that the team needs us. Protests can wait and all that. if you are going to slate both collins and nelson in this manner?:confused:

Seems bewildering and the atmosphere when he came on was tepid. Sure but I guess that's backing the team. I could see how distraught he was. So what we wanting guys, talented wage thieves or guys who care?

LaMotta
28-04-2014, 08:38 PM
The whole team is not good enough then, sorry. If we had a good midfield surely 2 or 3 of them should have scored at least 6-8 each by now. Oh and the defence, best clean sheet record or am I still dreaming? You fail to see my point, an OK player can look sensational in a good team. An OK player in a garbage team is garbage. It is the whole team that counts, unless you have a player of Griffiths calibre or above. Which we don't. KT is good but let's be serious Griffiths, on his own, carried us through last season.

To be honest ive now got no idea what your point is? James Collins is an ok player but the team is garbage so he looks Garbage? So KT is a Good player but he still looks good in a garbage team? What about Stanton he is an ok player but he doesnt look garbage, despite playing in a garbage team...... :confused:

This isnt a thread about the whole team, it isnt about the midfield being crap or the defence being crap - there are plenty of those flying about. Its about Collins and people are continuing to tell me that he has what it takes , he is just unlucky, he needs better service, he merely lacks confidence, when the evidence week on week contradicts that. Its madness.

eastterrace
28-04-2014, 08:39 PM
What is the point most of you making a rallying call and saying that the team needs us. Protests can wait and all that. if you are going to slate both collins and nelson in this manner?:confused:

Seems bewildering and the atmosphere when he came on was tepid. Sure but I guess that's backing the team. I could see how distraught he was. So what we wanting guys, talented wage thieves or guys who care?

your correct mate we got to get behind them for next three games ( or maybe 5 ) but when someone misses sitters all the time then your going to get slated for it.

FitbaFolkKen
28-04-2014, 08:40 PM
What amazed me was he had that horrible miss, which was an absolute sitter. But then minutes later he hit an absolutely cracking volley that if Mcdonald hadn't pulled out one of the stops of the season we would all be raving about.

It's fine margins and I hope that he turns it round at Easter Road, he cares and that's a a lot more than we get from most of the current squad. Before I get abused I'm not saying it's enough, but I like Collins and we need more players with his attitude and workrate.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2014, 08:41 PM
What amazed me was he had that horrible miss, which was an absolute sitter. But then minutes later he hit an absolutely cracking volley that if Mcdonald hadn't pulled out one of the stops of the season we would all be raving about.

It's fine margins and I hope that he turns it round at Easter Road, he cares and that's a a lot more than we get from most of the current squad. Before I get abused I'm not saying it's enough, but I like Collins and we need more players with his attitude and workrate.

Wouldn't have counted. Offside flag was up.

madhatter
28-04-2014, 08:48 PM
To be honest ive now got no idea what your point is? James Collins is an ok player but the team is garbage so he looks Garbage? So KT is a Good player but he still looks good in a garbage team? What about Stanton he is an ok player but he doesnt look garbage, despite playing in a garbage team...... :confused:

This isnt a thread about the whole team, it isnt about the midfield being crap or the defence being crap - there are plenty of those flying about. Its about Collins and people are continuing to tell me that he has what it takes , he is just unlucky, he needs better service, he merely lacks confidence, when the evidence week on week contradicts that. Its madness.

KT has barely played and in honesty second half, around 70mins looked knackered. I've not seen enough from him this season to say he has played really well. I do know he is a good player. How can you say any player has looked good? We are in relegation fight, I'm sorry if any player has played consistently well we wouldn't be in this.Stanton has had flurries but is young but once again garbage team makes all players look garbage. That was my point. Unless we had better players. I think I stated that Griffiths is a step up on what we have did I not? This might be about Collins but as far as I can tell the rest of the season is about our club and what is fruitful about watching a 23yr old miss a sitter and abusing him online, during game and when he leaves stadium? No idea the point now. If he is deemed good enough by trained coaches he will be here next season otherwise he is gone. Then is the time to do this not now.

eastterrace
28-04-2014, 08:54 PM
KT has barely played and in honesty second half, around 70mins looked knackered. I've not seen enough from him this season to say he has played really well. I do know he is a good player. How can you say any player has looked good? We are in relegation fight, I'm sorry if any player has played consistently well we wouldn't be in this.Stanton has had flurries but is young but once again garbage team makes all players look garbage. That was my point. Unless we had better players. I think I stated that Griffiths is a step up on what we have did I not? This might be about Collins but as far as I can tell the rest of the season is about our club and what is fruitful about watching a 23yr old miss a sitter and abusing him online, during game and when he leaves stadium? No idea the point now. If he is deemed good enough by trained coaches he will be here next season otherwise he is gone. Then is the time to do this not now.
collins will be here next season as no one will want him, we couldnt give him away so we look like we are stuck with him. i really tried hard to like him but miss after miss just eventually takes its toll.

madhatter
28-04-2014, 08:55 PM
collins will be here next season as no one will want him, we couldnt give him away so we look like we are stuck with him. i really tried hard to like him but miss after miss just eventually takes its toll.

Vaz te?

edwards
28-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Sitting behind the goal on saturday words can't describe the frustration at the miss all he had to do was toe poke it or side foot it into the net just ****** jaw droppin that is why he is on the bench, why wasn't Danny Haynes in the line up, still say Haynes and Handling were our best pairing when we won against ross county at er and we haven't had a settled forward line since.

greenlex
28-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Vaz te?

WTF has Vaz Te got to do with anything?

madhatter
28-04-2014, 09:37 PM
WTF has Vaz Te got to do with anything?

Read the post I was responding to... No one will want Collins, even if we gave him away etc.

We all thought same when Vaz te was here. He left ended up at West Ham and in prem league down south. Same scenario as far as I'm concerned. We all label a player garbage and they end up going further elsewhere.

Why try give Collins away for free also, surely wage thieves would be better to target?

Nutmegged
28-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I dont know why but I still think this guy will come good, maybe I'm more hopeful than knowledgable but I just feel if we can play him Stanton jist off him and two wide players I feel we'll get the beat out of him, I also feel signing another striker who compliments him could do wonders for him too.

This guy got 18 goals in 29 starts laat season including a Hat-Trick against Stoke, while this might be old news its still proof that the guy can put the ball in the back of the net, he has missed some chances and a howler of two but as a team we don't make nearly enough chances, I remember people used to say guys like McCoist/Robertson scored around 1 in 5 chances, their strength was they would always be in position to miss the next chance anf their teams would always do their utmost to create those chances.

I dont think we create enough and I think thay effects his confidence and he starts snatching at chances a confident James Collins I think would normally take.

I think he could score 16+ next season if we can get him the ammo

Paisley Hibby
28-04-2014, 09:48 PM

This :agree:

PeeJay
29-04-2014, 03:16 PM
... Collins has certainly not impressed, but I think the grief he is getting for the miss on Sunday is OTT - these things happen. Benzema missed an even better opportunity against Bayern last week.

As a club, we should be more worried about playing a guy on his own up front and failing to get any service to him (in some instances for the entire game) - no wonder he misses when the ball finally arrives near his feet, he's probably too surprised to react properly ... hope he bags a few in the final run in to save us, and save his own sanity, can't be much fun for him at the moment ...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-04-2014, 03:45 PM
The guy got personal abuse for it on Twitter and it's bang out of order.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Just for something to think about.

John Sutton in his first SPL season on loan to Dundee scored 8 in 35.

Michael Higdon scored 9 in 30 for Falkirk in his first SPL season.

Billy McKay scored 3 in 24 the season he joined ICT.

James Collins has scored 6 in 37 so far with a further 3 to play.

In what has been the most horrendous team to play for Hibs for many a year. So we should give him some leeway for that fact alone, even though his stats are much of a muchness with the players above.

What they all have in common is that they were playing their fitba in Leagues beneath the Championship. Throw in the moving to another country and having to learn all the wee different new things, hassles etc . Nobody thinks of these things or how difficult it must be for him. Cos we're all hurting I suppose?

I don't know if he will make it at Hibs? but considering the starts that the 3 players above made, what we can say is they have defo made a success of it in Scottish fitba simply because they got their 2nd season at their clubs to prove their worth. And they've done it with aplomb.

We can be very hasty to condemn a player us Hibs fans and I'm certainly not a fan of James from what I've seen so far, I will however give him a chance and continue to back and support him. But it's time to give players coming to our club a fair crack of the whip I say. You never know. he might just turn out decent like them above. But at least give him a fighting chance to prove the critics wrong.

GGTTH

Hibeesmad
29-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Just watched over our only win against Hearts this season in which Collins scored, he took it well but a few yards further away from goal and it would have been over 😂

Anyway, at the end of the highlights Collins misses an absolute sitter! Does anybody think this is worse than the one he missed Sunday?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq4vbXZ3bQ8

Hibeesmad
29-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Btw Butcher's reaction just sums it up

bawheid
29-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Five pages ripping into one of our own players, who's also getting dogs abuse on social media.

Nice one.

woodythehibee
29-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Five pages ripping into one of our own players, who's also getting dogs abuse on social media.

Nice one.

My thoughts exactly. His confidence is at an all time low and getting on his back is hardly going to make things better.

--------
29-04-2014, 04:58 PM

:agree: We need two performances - or at least we need the points - out of our last three games or we're in a play-off for our Premiership place, and we get a thread like this?

Why should Collins or anyone else want to play for Hibs when Hibs "supporters" abuse them like this?

truehibernian
29-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Too many players are on it and tweeting nonsense also - goes with the emotive territory of sport and he should be nowhere near social media these next few weeks, like any of the Hibs players - or change his settings to private - simple as that.

I don't condone directing abuse at all, it's terrible - but he's provided the canvas and platform for people to contact him and thus abuse him.

Players shouldn't be on social media for exactly this reason alone.

Just Alf
29-04-2014, 05:03 PM
:agree: We need two performances - or at least we need the points - out of our last three games or we're in a play-off for our Premiership place, and we get a thread like this?

Why should Collins or anyone else want to play for Hibs when Hibs "supporters" abuse them like this?

Mind boggles at times.... Maybe we are infested with some really, really deep undercover Yams? .... At least they seem to be helping deliver what the Yams want?

Oh well....

Paisley Hibby
29-04-2014, 05:08 PM

Exactly - but we've done this for as long as I've been a Hibby. Collins is just the latest in a long line of scapegoats getting verbal abuse from bitter drama queens who don't know what they're talking about :rolleyes:

Onion
29-04-2014, 05:10 PM
My thoughts exactly. His confidence is at an all time low and getting on his back is hardly going to make things better.

Needs to man up. Can't imagine Boyd, Griffiths, Rooney, Thompson taking this crap. They'd be even more determined to ram it down our throats - which is the attitude we need at Hibs. Hopefully our new CEO can change this looser (poor wee me) culture and we can start to bring in some players with a bit of attitude who can stand up to a bit of stick.

--------
29-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Exactly - but we've done this for as long as I've been a Hibby. Collins is just the latest in a long line of scapegoats getting verbal abuse from bitter drama queens who don't know what they're talking about :rolleyes:

Ach, it's getting worse. And when you get stuck beside some of them at the games .... :rolleyes:

Paisley Hibby
29-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Needs to man up. Can't imagine Boyd, Griffiths, Rooney, Thompson taking this crap. They'd be even more determined to ram it down our throats - which is the attitude we need at Hibs. Hopefully our new CEO can change this looser (poor wee me) culture and we can start to bring in some players with a bit of attitude who can stand up to a bit of stick.

He's not hiding. Nothing wrong with his attitude. His lack of confidence comes from playing in a 'system' that doesn't suit him. Let's face it, Ronaldo would struggle if he was playing for Hibs at the moment...

Onion
29-04-2014, 05:22 PM
... Collins has certainly not impressed, but I think the grief he is getting for the miss on Sunday is OTT - these things happen. Benzema missed an even better opportunity against Bayern last week.

As a club, we should be more worried about playing a guy on his own up front and failing to get any service to him (in some instances for the entire game) - no wonder he misses when the ball finally arrives near his feet, he's probably too surprised to react properly ... hope he bags a few in the final run in to save us, and save his own sanity, can't be much fun for him at the moment ...

Agree, any personal abuse directed at the player on social media is bang out of order. But the "grief" he's getting is not for one miss. It is for a season of misses and very poor return from a player we paid good money for. Our expectation were rightly higher than that.

So let me understand this, we've moved on from... he can't be expected to score because he's getting no service to ..... he can't be expected to kick the ball because he was startled by a football arriving at his feet 5 yds from goal. :faf: Who would have expected that ?

Paisley Hibby
29-04-2014, 05:24 PM

Brazil, Hamilton, Hartley, Lovell, Rankin - to name just 5.

rcarter1
29-04-2014, 06:13 PM

In what has been the most horrendous team to play for Hibs for many a year. So we should give him some leeway for that fact alone, even though his stats are much of a muchness with the players above.

What they all have in common is that they were playing their fitba in Leagues beneath the Championship. Throw in the moving to another country and having to learn all the wee different new things, hassles etc . Nobody thinks of these things or how difficult it must be for him. Cos we're all hurting I suppose?

I don't know if he will make it at Hibs? but considering the starts that the 3 players above made, what we can say is they have defo made a success of it in Scottish fitba simply because they got their 2nd season at their clubs to prove their worth. And they've done it with aplomb.

We can be very hasty to condemn a player us Hibs fans and I'm certainly not a fan of James from what I've seen so far, I will however give him a chance and continue to back and support him. But it's time to give players coming to our club a fair crack of the whip I say. You never know. he might just turn out decent like them above. But at least give him a fighting chance to prove the critics wrong.

GGTTH
Great post. Ive found it hard to see the positives in his play as of late, but that goes for the whole team. Striking is a confidence thing, so if he is with us next season, and we can bring together a system that actually maximises players strengths (long term gripe..), then Ill back him to do better next season.

In the meantime all the players need full backing right now!!

Hermit Crab
29-04-2014, 08:06 PM
I like Collins. I like his work rate and I like the fact that he tries. Ok he's had terrible misses this season but has scored a couple of important goals.

If you're reading James I'm backing you to come good next season. :aok:

weonlywon6-2
29-04-2014, 08:09 PM
I like Collins. I like his work rate and I like the fact that he tries. Ok he's had terrible misses this season but has scored a couple of important goals.

If you're reading James I'm backing you to come good next season. :aok:

How long is his contract with us,that will determine if he is with us next year

Aldo
29-04-2014, 08:19 PM
How long is his contract with us,that will determine if he is with us next year

Sure he signed a 3 year deal... Which means 2 left.

weonlywon6-2
29-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Sure he signed a 3 year deal... Which means 2 left.

Cheers,have him for a while then,be good if he gets some form next year ,will save us money if he performs

Aldo
29-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Cheers,have him for a while then,be good if he gets some form next year ,will save us money if he performs

It would but needs someone alongside him. He is not a lone striker.

weonlywon6-2
29-04-2014, 08:29 PM

Very true

Michael
29-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Apart from his scoring record, Collins isn't anywhere near as bad as some people will have you think. He's no Leigh Griffiths...but I still think he has ability.

Having said that, I'm not convinced he'll stick around and become the player that he possibly could be. He has a three year contract, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went back to England in the summer (or the one after).

eastterrace

in fact i will go one better , he aint a striker at all.

eastterrace
Apart from his scoring record, Collins isn't anywhere near as bad as some people will have you think. He's no Leigh Griffiths...but I still think he has ability.

Having said that, I'm not convinced he'll stick around and become the player that he possibly could be. He has a three year contract, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went back to England in the summer (or the one after).

good

Nutmegged
29-04-2014, 08:43 PM

GGTTH

Stats don't always tell the whole story but thats a pretty decent post and offers some food for thought.

Collins can score goals, he proved that with Swindon, what he needs is ammunition, he needs creativity behind him and beside him, if we can get that into the side and he still doesn't do the business then we can wash our hands of him but until we do that then its harsh to just write him off.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2014, 08:51 PM

Brain dead morons abusing a guy for missing a chance in a football match.

I was upset at the time, I still think he should have scored but I wouldn't dream of abusing the guy personally.

scoopyboy
29-04-2014, 08:51 PM
He's not hiding. Nothing wrong with his attitude. His lack of confidence comes from playing in a 'system' that doesn't suit him. Let's face it, Ronaldo would struggle if he was playing for Hibs at the moment...

Our fans would finish him within a month.

Russ
30-04-2014, 03:20 AM

we are Hibernian, it's what we do

GreenLake
30-04-2014, 04:08 AM
Our fans would finish him within a month.

Hutchinson of Motherwell would be studying Ronaldo's skeletomuscular system in the range where he thinks it fair to tackle - anywhere from the soles of the feet up to the chin.

PeeJay
30-04-2014, 04:56 AM
Agree, any personal abuse directed at the player on social media is bang out of order. But the "grief" he's getting is not for one miss. It is for a season of misses and very poor return from a player we paid good money for. Our expectation were rightly higher than that.

So let me understand this, we've moved on from... he can't be expected to score because he's getting no service to ..... he can't be expected to kick the ball because he was startled by a football arriving at his feet 5 yds from goal. :faf: Who would have expected that ?

The "grief" is still OTT - I don't know any strikers who score at every opportunity - simple or not, do you? The poor return you refer to can hardly be disputed, but in the wider context of things our "team" fails consistently to involve him in a game, so playing one man up and then ignoring that one man seems a sure-fire recipe for a poor return to me ... no surprises there really - the fact he misses is certainly frustrating, bu the underlying lack of cohesion and purpose in our team is more worrying

.... my reference to his surprise wasn't intended to be an excuse, just an attempt to lighten up the post, your misinterpretation detracts from the point I was making ... still, at least you thought it was funny:greengrin

Nutmegged
30-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Strikers starved of service become nervous when an opportunity arises, there is no logical excuse for Collins having a fresh air swipe, no-one intentionally tries a fresh air swipe but it happens, a confident striker either takes a touch and sidesteps an on rushing keeper before tapping it in or just clips it over the advancing keeper.

Someone low on confidence will snatch at a chance, they'll have numerous scenarios playing out in their mind, their focus isn't as sharp and the expectancy will be that he'll miss, this isn't giving him excuses, its just a fact that strikers all over the globe go through periods like this.

gegs70
30-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Yes a lot of pressure was placed on with the so called£200k price tag and let's be honest at his previous clubs he was not a prolific goalscorer (was it 18 goals at prev club). After the game v hearts at thought Cummings is the better option up front...

Nutmegged
30-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Yes a lot of pressure was placed on with the so called£200k price tag and let's be honest at his previous clubs he was not a prolific goalscorer (was it 18 goals at prev club). After the game v hearts at thought Cummings is the better option up front...

Yeah he got 18 last Season with Swindon but that was from 29 starts which included a hat-trick against Premier League Stoke, I'd say that is pretty prolific

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah he got 18 last Season with Swindon but that was from 29 starts which included a hat-trick against Premier League Stoke, I'd say that is pretty prolific

Scored 22 for Shrewsbury the season before too.

WestEndHibee
30-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Strikers starved of service become nervous when an opportunity arises, there is no logical excuse for Collins having a fresh air swipe, no-one intentionally tries a fresh air swipe but it happens, a confident striker either takes a touch and sidesteps an on rushing keeper before tapping it in or just clips it over the advancing keeper.

Someone low on confidence will snatch at a chance, they'll have numerous scenarios playing out in their mind, their focus isn't as sharp and the expectancy will be that he'll miss, this isn't giving him excuses, its just a fact that strikers all over the globe go through periods like this.

Exactly this. I've been in his position a couple of times in my chosen sport and suffered from playing alone up front in a team providing limited service. When my confidence was low all instinct would leave me and I would miss easy chances then would end up trying too hard to create something for myself running back to collect the ball, losing the ball while trying to take players on etc.

On the other hand, in a team that attacks readily and when I have confidence its actually hard not to score. Opportunites seem to just present themselves, you find yourself in the right position and finishing is easy.

Its not that you're a better player, you're just more confident in yourself and the team around you.

It plays a massive role in performance.

WestEndHibee
30-04-2014, 12:17 PM

GGTTH

Too right. Even our Leigh only got 11 in 36 in his first year and I remember him getting condemned by a group, albeit the minority, of fans.

You never know when it might click for a striker.

number 27
30-04-2014, 12:23 PM
It is a bit easy to simply say it is all down to confidence surely?

Did he start the season lacking confidence? has he never been confident? It is not just in the last couple of weeks that he has struggled and it cant all just be down to confidence.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Too right. Even our Leigh only got 11 in 36 in his first year and I remember him getting condemned by a group, albeit the minority, of fans.

You never know when it might click for a striker.

:agree: I remember as you say - a small minorty, of Hibs fans on here didn't want Sparky back because they didn't think he was good enough/he was a troublemaker. They all love him now though!

Got a feeling Collins will come good next season:aok:

eggbamyasi
30-04-2014, 12:58 PM

GGTTH

Best post on here . And proves point I been trying to make .give him another season at least before we slate him into leaving or destroy his confidence all together .

Nutmegged
30-04-2014, 01:07 PM
It is a bit easy to simply say it is all down to confidence surely?

Did he start the season lacking confidence? has he never been confident? It is not just in the last couple of weeks that he has struggled and it cant all just be down to confidence.

I wouldn't say its all down to confidence, but I believe having carried the burden for months that his confidence will be shot to bits, he came into a team who had just been humiliated in Europe amd had a poor start to the Season, we were a very compact team, didn't create many chances and didn't play to his strengths.

Over the course of a season its bound to take its toll and as our form has got worse his lack of confidence has peaked.

I don't know if James Collins will be the 17+ goalscorer per season we need, I think he could be but u ultimately don't know, what I do believe though is that we'll never find out if we continue to play in a manner that severely limits the chances he does get.

I bet Kris Commons, Anthony Stokes and Kris Boyd miss more chances per game than James Collins, the difference is their clubs create more chances in those games for them to make amends

eastterrace
30-04-2014, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't say its all down to confidence, but I believe having carried the burden for months that his confidence will be shot to bits, he came into a team who had just been humiliated in Europe amd had a poor start to the Season, we were a very compact team, didn't create many chances and didn't play to his strengths.

Over the course of a season its bound to take its toll and as our form has got worse his lack of confidence has peaked.

I don't know if James Collins will be the 17+ goalscorer per season we need, I think he could be but u ultimately don't know, what I do believe though is that we'll never find out if we continue to play in a manner that severely limits the chances he does get.

I bet Kris Commons, Anthony Stokes and Kris Boyd miss more chances per game than James Collins, the difference is their clubs create more chances in those games for them to make amends
dress it up how you think but he is pish, not just hearts game he been pish all season. ive been wanting for it to happen for him , really tried my best to like him but it aint going to happen

#2 Double Tap
30-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Maybe Collins wasn't ready to be the main striker at this level - I bet he never experienced so much pressure before coming here. He will be/should be much improved next season. We shouldn't be so quick to judge.:greengrin

I wonder what our super scout makes of him :)

Ronniekirk
30-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Best post on here . And proves point I been trying to make .give him another season at least before we slate him into leaving or destroy his confidence all together .

Can't see anyone coming in for him so he will be here next season and if he starts banging the goals in in pre season and is given another opportunity and takes it I have no issue with that but he hasn't impressed me enough and against hearts young Cummings showed more potential and yes he hasn't scored ,but once he does think he will be asset think he will be kept and Caldwell and Handling released unless he gives Danny another year .
The Dilemma just now is we need goals ( not just one )to win games .if Collins confidence has gone then it's unlikely he will do that as he has gone so long without scoring and pressure is just building .So at a time when we should be looking to Collins or Hayes both have been found wanting ,yet Younger Players are expected to get us over the line which in turn is placing extra pressure on them .
A big supportive crowd can help give energy to players if we go a goal up but TB has to come up with a team that can deliver that ,we can only do so Mutch.