27-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Sorry if already been asked...

Is he injured ?

hibee_girl
27-04-2014, 02:45 PM
No, he was on the bench.

S4uzee
27-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Find it astonishing Craig played ahead of him. You need guts in a derby something Lewis has and Craig couldn't buy

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 03:10 PM
He should have been at LB with McGivern moved in and Forster out at RB

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 03:11 PM
He should have been at LB with McGivern moved in and Forster out at RB

:agree:

Torto7062
27-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Aye saw he was in the bench...

But why the **** he was on
the bench Puzzles me

Biggie
27-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Aye saw he was in the bench...

But why the **** he was on
the bench Puzzles me
Butcher said dome pish about being worried about the diagonal ball to Paterson marauding down the wing......aye, ok terry

Spike Mandela
27-04-2014, 04:13 PM
We've been winning so many games with Lewis in the team right enough. :rolleyes: Thought Hibs showed fight today but poor marking at two set plays cost us. Don't think Stevenson would have made much of a difference either way.

SouthamptonHibs
27-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Stevenson wouldn't of made a difference today as he adds offers nothing going forward. He's a solid defensive player

IberianHibernian
27-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Shows how much we`ve dropped when people suggest we`d have been better with Lewis . I actually thought one reason for improvement compared with recent games was partly because he didn`t play . What about Taiwo and Cairney ? Injured , suspended or just unlucky in the weekly drawing names from hat ?

Stantons Angel
27-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Shows how much we`ve dropped when people suggest we`d have been better with Lewis . I actually thought one reason for improvement compared with recent games was partly because he didn`t play . What about Taiwo and Cairney ? Injured , suspended or just unlucky in the weekly drawing names from hat ?

Thats a load of bull!

Ok he has played in the games we have lost but in how many of those games has he played badly????

Butcher consistently moves him out of the team to accommodate others who are not even as good as he is and i don't see you questioning their capabilities of what they have added to the team?

He played McGivern to eliminate the threat of Paterson marauding down that wing, only to see him score twice!!! Butcher wouldn't play McPake as he was not sure of his fitness for a game like this despite playing in the under 20s twice? Yet he had no doubts about shunting Lewis to the bench to accommodate Robertson and all he did today was give the ball away and get booked?

Too many of the players today are still giving the ball away and standing waiting on someone else mopping up their mistakes just as well Kevin Thomson did that for them today.

Today we needed players with commitment and guile and Lewis has both as well as a big heart and would have run himself into the ground.

Im sorry but i cannot agree with your sentiments about Lewis, you may not agree with mine either but thats what being a football supporter is all about aint it!!!

Black Kyle
27-04-2014, 06:36 PM
For effort, attitude and reliability / consistency of performance, usually defensive, Lewis walks 'player of the season' for me.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Don't think he would have made any difference today. He does a fairly solid job but we actually were pretty solid today. Lost two goals that his height would have done nothing to prevent.

Torto7062
27-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Thats a load of bull!

Ok he has played in the games we have lost but in how many of those games has he played badly????

Butcher consistently moves him out of the team to accommodate others who are not even as good as he is and i don't see you questioning their capabilities of what they have added to the team?

He played McGivern to eliminate the threat of Paterson marauding down that wing, only to see him score twice!!! Butcher wouldn't play McPake as he was not sure of his fitness for a game like this despite playing in the under 20s twice? Yet he had no doubts about shunting Lewis to the bench to accommodate Robertson and all he did today was give the ball away and get booked?

Too many of the players today are still giving the ball away and standing waiting on someone else mopping up their mistakes just as well Kevin Thomson did that for them today.

Today we needed players with commitment and guile and Lewis has both as well as a big heart and would have run himself into the ground.

Im sorry but i cannot agree with your sentiments about Lewis, you may not agree with mine either but thats what being a football supporter is all about aint it!!!

Totally Agree with all of the above.

I'll stick my neck out even further and say
I would have him as our best player all season.
Fenlon played him out of position weekly.
Give me more like him and K.T in our team
Instead of deed horses like Collins , McGivern
Neilson and Maybury any day of the week

Torto7062
27-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Don't think he would have made any difference today. He does a fairly solid job but we actually were pretty solid today. Lost two goals that his height would have done nothing to prevent.

He might have stopped the ball getting swung in.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2014, 06:56 PM
He might have stopped the ball getting swung in.

From set pieces??

mmmmhibby
27-04-2014, 07:01 PM
How bad have we become if Lewis Stevenson is being touted as our Player of the Year?

hibee_girl
27-04-2014, 07:09 PM
How bad have we become if Lewis Stevenson is being touted as our Player of the Year?

Who else deserves it?

mmmmhibby
27-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Who else deserves it?

Your missing the point.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Who else deserves it?

Honestly believe the club should scrap the awards this year. Commend the 20s on doing well but not one player deserves any credit in the first team.

mmmmhibby
27-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Honestly believe the club should scrap the awards this year. Commend the 20s on doing well but not one player deserves any credit in the first team.

agree

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2014, 07:15 PM
From set pieces??

:tee hee: he's a high jumper

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Butcher said dome pish about being worried about the diagonal ball to Paterson marauding down the wing......aye, ok terry

It's not rubbish - the boy got 2 goals from set pieces, beating our centre halts in the air. Imagine how much worse it could've been if they had the option to drop a diagonal onto his head if Lewis had been at lb.

The diagonal onto the full back was always one of the biggest complaints when Lewis played regularly there. We used to have arguments about him being too small.

cmcd
27-04-2014, 07:24 PM
thats a load of bull!

He played mcgivern to eliminate the threat of paterson marauding down that wing, only to see him score twice!!! Butcher wouldn't play mcpake as he was not sure of his fitness for a game like this despite playing in the under 20s twice? Yet he had no doubts about shunting lewis to the bench to accommodate robertson and all he did today was give the ball away and get booked?

Too many of the players today are still giving the ball away and standing waiting on someone else mopping up their mistakes just as well kevin thomson did that for them today.

Today we needed players with commitment and guile and lewis has both as well as a big heart and would have run himself into the ground.

Im sorry but i cannot agree with your sentiments about lewis, you may not agree with mine either but thats what being a football supporter is all about aint it!!!
spot on

lyonhibs
27-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Stevenson wouldn't of made a difference today as he adds offers nothing going forward. He's a solid defensive player

That's true. Our rock solid defence was in evidence today right enough.

snooky
27-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Lewis has been through it all with us from MOTM in the Killie cup final to the barrel bottom of today.
I hope when he retires he writes his memoirs - it'll be a very interesting read especially if it's a no-holds-barred effort.
It would be interesting to know what his personal perspective is on all the good, bad & ugly players and managers that have come and gone during his tenure at ER.
I reckon this tome would be a best seller & possibly more lucrative than a testimonial match.

Hey Louie, I hope you're keeping notes, wee man. :wink:

erin go bragh
27-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Yes Stevenson should have played left back . Mcpake should have played centre half beside Mcgivern , with Forster right back . Forster and Nelson must be the poorest centre half pairing in the league . Forster is young but fs you have to win your headers in your own box .

Ggtth

Ronniekirk
27-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Yes Stevenson should have played left back . Mcpake should have played centre half beside Mcgivern , with Forster right back . Forster and Nelson must be the poorest centre half pairing in the league . Forster is young but fs you have to win your headers in your own box .

Ggtth

Agree about them being worst pairing and as soon as he thinks McPake is fit enough he will bring him in .But In last few months Foster is out top scorer is he not and also the one chopped off against them last time

Bobby's Cinema
27-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Just another strange strange selection by TB. He has absolutely no idea of his best eleven :dunno:

TheFamous1875
27-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Stevenson was a must for the occasion today. I was ****ing raging when I saw the team sheet (last night).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jonnyboy
27-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Amazing that another anti Lewis thread rears its head when he wasn't even playing!

TheFamous1875
27-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Amazing that another anti Lewis thread rears its head when he wasn't even playing!

He's great. One of our few fighters. I think people wrongly assumed he was going to fill the Scott Brown shaped hole left in our squad in '07 and have never forgiven him for it!

Steven_Hibs
27-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Find it astonishing Craig played ahead of him. You need guts in a derby something Lewis has and Craig couldn't buy

Cause he is absolutely garbage

Jonnyboy
27-04-2014, 09:02 PM

Give it a rest eh

3pm
27-04-2014, 09:22 PM

So is your banter.

macd123
27-04-2014, 10:53 PM
I would like to see kt and lewis together in central midfield. They are our best midfielders. Also we need to manage stanton better. You can't expect 19 year olds to come in and put consistent performances in week in week out.

Scottie
27-04-2014, 10:56 PM
It's amazing that even when the lad dosen't play he gets a load of abuse :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 10:57 PM

Was this not a pro Lewis thread, of sorts, before being hijacked by a couple with brain cells too few?

Either way Lewis would have been one of the 1st names on mu team sheet today.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 10:58 PM
I actually liked the look of Stevenson when Butcher first came in and he was played as a (as butcher said was his best position) left mid/winger. Played good balls into the box, has a bit of pace, tracks back and shows great work rate.

Should play instead of Craig IMO with Watmore instead of Harris

dangermouse
28-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Lewis was a big miss yesterday. fairly certain he wouldn't have given away a stupid free kick that they scored their second from (what was Nelson doing at that by the way letting Patterson run off him).

Not only was TB's team selection strange but to play one up front at home when we need three points had me dumbfounded.

While I'm at it, does anyone think Konte would have scored when Collins glaringly missed the ball with the goal at his mercy :greengrin

Had to laugh when I found out it was Tattoo Man that missed their chance near the end.

There's always next week :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
28-04-2014, 10:37 AM

Doesnt seem that unreasonable when you consider the same boy scored two headed goals.

JimBHibees
28-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Lewis was a big miss yesterday. fairly certain he wouldn't have given away a stupid free kick that they scored their second from (what was Nelson doing at that by the way letting Patterson run off him).

Not only was TB's team selection strange but to play one up front at home when we need three points had me dumbfounded.

While I'm at it, does anyone think Konte would have scored when Collins glaringly missed the ball with the goal at his mercy :greengrin

Had to laugh when I found out it was Tattoo Man that missed their chance near the end.

There's always next week :rolleyes:

It was Forster who got beat for the headers for both goals. I think Nelson started picking him up in the second half.

JimBHibees
28-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Thats a load of bull!

That had nothing to do with who played left back though.

J-C
28-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Doesnt seem that unreasonable when you consider the same boy scored two headed goals.

I think he's trying to say that if you're worried about this diagonal then why didn't he have a game plan to stop it as whatever his plan was, it wasn't working.

J-C
28-04-2014, 10:45 AM
I actually liked the look of Stevenson when Butcher first came in and he was played as a (as butcher said was his best position) left mid/winger. Played good balls into the box, has a bit of pace, tracks back and shows great work rate.

Should play instead of Craig IMO with Watmore instead of Harris

Stevenson should have played left wing yesterday, he does get forward but has the brains to sit deeper when McGivern goes forward, has been mentioned a few times that they play well together due to Stevenson's natural defensive mentality.

Stantons Angel
28-04-2014, 12:41 PM
That had nothing to do with who played left back though.

no you are quite right. But it did take away the cover Stevenson would have given if McGivern was further up the field and an attack broke down?

Stevenson could have been down the left wing that was so open, till Watmore came on, sending over balls into their penalty box to keep them busy.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Hopefully he will play vs Partick!

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Hopefully he will play vs Partick!

I have no doubt he will, and we will probably have another 4 or 5 changes for that game. Butcher puts all the names in a hat then selects them blindfolded.

Centre Hawf
28-04-2014, 01:58 PM
McGivern doesn't even begin to think about playing well until Lewis Stevenson's infront of him (or behind him in most cases) So if you drop Lewis you effectively need to drop both.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Never been Lewis's biggest fan, but there are quite a few i'd drop before i'd drop him. He's one of a select few who know what a derby means, and he rarely lets himself down in these games. He's not the best player ever to pull on our shirt, but good knows why he was not on the park yesterday?

Shrekko
28-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Was this not a pro Lewis thread, of sorts, before being hijacked by a couple with brain cells too few?

Agree on both points.

I don't think folk who come onto every thread about Lewis claiming that he gets dogs abuse do him any favours. In danger of creating a myth that he's an unpopular player just because a minority don't fancy him at all.

I don't think he deserves criticism but I can't think of any current player who doesn't get it in the neck at various times.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2014, 07:55 PM

You're right PB. Was going well until the hard of thinking joined in :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2014, 08:00 PM

Napalm solves almost everything

eastterrace
28-04-2014, 08:09 PM
just cant get this lewis love in , he offers nothing . no goal threat no imagination, only thing he has is a big heart but hey collins has that as well so lets put the two of them in the team that will solve our problems. we are were we are because of the standard of player we have like these couple of players.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2014, 08:10 PM
just cant get this lewis love in , he offers nothing . no goal threat no imagination, only thing he has is a big heart but hey collins has that as well so lets put the two of them in the team that will solve our problems. we are were we are because of the standard of player we have like these couple of players.

:yawn:

Centre Hawf
28-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Im bored of this debate. I think Hibs fans will never fully agree on this. Lets just say I hope he's in the starting 11 for next week.

mmmmhibby
28-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Agree on both points.

I don't think folk who come onto every thread about Lewis claiming that he gets dogs abuse do him any favours. In danger of creating a myth that he's an unpopular player just because a minority don't fancy him at all.

I don't think he deserves criticism but I can't think of any current player who doesn't get it in the neck at various times.

I'd Try LS in centre mid with KT, he may well be effective winning balls, its worth a try.

TheFamous1875
28-04-2014, 08:18 PM

The Lewis love in is down to everything else he does. He has no goal threat, that's a fact. Kevin Thomson has a little bit more of a goal threat, but mostly none. Lewis is actually quite creative when the chance arises. He's makes a few good passes a game, crosses well and defends like a Trojan. He has bags of pace and will go through any player in the league to get the ball off them. Just because he's not an all out attacking, goal scoring player like Ronaldo doesn't mean he's not of great use to our squad.

mmmmhibby
28-04-2014, 08:18 PM

agree

TheFamous1875
28-04-2014, 08:19 PM
I'd Try LS in centre mid with KT, he may well be effective winning balls, its worth a try.

Me too. Either Lewis or Sammy.

Bostonhibby
28-04-2014, 08:22 PM
The Lewis love in is down to everything else he does. He has no goal threat, that's a fact. Kevin Thomson has a little bit more of a goal threat, but mostly none. Lewis is actually quite creative when the chance arises. He's makes a few good passes a game, crosses well and defends like a Trojan. He has bags of pace and will go through any player in the league to get the ball off them. Just because he's not an all out attacking, goal scoring player like Ronaldo doesn't mean he's not of great use to our squad.

:top marks

eastterrace
28-04-2014, 08:23 PM

i take what your saying but look at the other teams around us do you think he would get a game for any of them, he is just joe average but you have your opinion and i respect that.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2014, 08:23 PM

Agree :agree:

mmmmhibby
28-04-2014, 08:32 PM
i take what your saying but look at the other teams around us do you think he would get a game for any of them, he is just joe average but you have your opinion and i respect that.

My opinion is that Lewis would struggle to get in any other SPL teams starting 11. As would a huge number of our squad. That's how bad it is.

eastterrace
28-04-2014, 08:36 PM
My opinion is that Lewis would struggle to get in any other SPL teams starting 11. As would a huge number of our squad. That's how bad it is.

cant argue with that.

Albion Hibs
28-04-2014, 08:37 PM

agreed he has proven to be a good squad player a / starter in the right formation / occasion, but he like Thomson could play for a month and not score. Our line up was pretty cm has attacking as it could have been yesterday, the only way I think he would have made an appearance is if we were holding onto a lead / a point.

TheFamous1875
28-04-2014, 08:40 PM

I think he'd get his game for most of them, if I'm honest. Inverness, Dundee United would all take him and use him in the same way Rankin is used. The whole of the bottom six would take him, no question. Aberdeen would take him - he'd be great alongside Flood.

Also, if acknowledging his versatility, I think everyone would like a player like him! Play him in a better team like he was in when he came through alongside Brown and Boozy snr and he'd been more than capable of being a valuable part of any of the squads in our league (minus Celtic before anyone mentions it).

By the way, I completely respect your opinion too! That's what the forums all about! We're aw Hibees and we all want the best for the club at the end of the day.

truehibernian
28-04-2014, 08:44 PM

Funny because a couple of current SPFL managers would take Lewis - easily :agree:

He may lack creativity, he may lack all out speed - he does not have a goal threat.

Tell you what though, watch games over again he's played in and tot up his passes, pass completions, the times he doesn't lose possession but retains it - in short my friend, Lewis has been the most consistent player this season (Hanlon out would seen him get the nod). He has ability but what he has in spades, spades and spades above Craig, Nelson, McGivern, Williams, Collins, Heffernan.............heart of an absolutely huge f*** off lion and would do anything for Hibernian FC.

Craig couldn't lace wee Lewis's boots.....or at least if he did he would dither, slip, point at the boots and berate them, then slowly jog away.....

mmmmhibby
28-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Funny because a couple of current SPFL managers would take Lewis - easily :agree:

He may lack creativity, he may lack all out speed - he does not have a goal threat.

Tell you what though, watch games over again he's played in and tot up his passes, pass completions, the times he doesn't lose possession but retains it - in short my friend, Lewis has been the most consistent player this season (Hanlon out would seen him get the nod). He has ability but what he has in spades, spades and spades above Craig, Nelson, McGivern, Williams, Collins, Heffernan.............heart of an absolutely huge f*** off lion and would do anything for Hibernian FC.

Craig couldn't lace wee Lewis's boots.....or at least if he did he would dither, slip, point at the boots and berate them, then slowly jog away.....

Opinions Eh. Name them?

VivaHiberņa
28-04-2014, 09:32 PM

I think he'd get his game for most of them, if I'm honest. Inverness, Dundee United would all take him and use him in the same way Rankin is used. The whole of the bottom six would take him, no question. Aberdeen would take him - he'd be great alongside Flood.

Also, if acknowledging his versatility, I think everyone would like a player like him! Play him in a better team like he was in when he came through alongside Brown and Boozy snr and he'd been more than capable of being a valuable part of any of the squads in our league (minus Celtic before anyone mentions it).

By the way, I completely respect your opinion too! That's what the forums all about! We're aw Hibees and we all want the best for the club at the end of the day.

Lewis is, in my opinion, clearly a good player and I reckon a better team around him would make that more obvious. Much in the same way Rankin went form being on the poor side of average at Hibs to a vital cog at Dundee Utd.

Has Lewis really 'worsened' since that MoM performance at Hampden or has the team around him worsened?

truehibernian
28-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Opinions Eh. Name them?

Nope - one is a top 6 manager, one is a bottom 6 manager. You don't have to believe me, doesn't interest me if you don't. I know it is true, that suits me fine. :aok: I also know Lewis is a good footballer. He was gutted on Sunday. You do know that after 5-1 he was one of the only players who refused to go out the house (after game and days after) as he was too embarrassed ? Takes defeat hard and that for me is what you want around a football club.

Not journeymen who have no heart and desire to succeed.....just sign for Hibs to pay the bills for 2/3 years.

I have had to eat humble pie this last two years as I mistakingly pointed the finger at Paul Hanlon and Lewis as a 'reason' for our mediocrity - to be honest, they are exactly the professional players we need (and professional in every sense, I'm not talking skills levels arguments).

Lewis played his best football this year in the unbeaten run under Butcher, yet was dropped to left back and then in/out the side. Back to inconsistency.

He's a good wee player, big heart, love the wee guy so I do :aok:

TheFamous1875
28-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Lewis is, in my opinion, clearly a good player and I reckon a better team around him would make that more obvious. Much in the same way Rankin went form being on the poor side of average at Hibs to a vital cog at Dundee Utd.

Has Lewis really 'worsened' since that MoM performance at Hampden or has the team around him worsened?

The team around him has definitely worsened!! Although I do wonder if Lewis (and Paul, and Spoony) would have been a much better player playing in a good team alongside Brown, Thomson, Boozy, Mikey Stewart, etc.

TornadoHibby
29-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Nope - one is a top 6 manager, one is a bottom 6 manager. You don't have to believe me, doesn't interest me if you don't. I know it is true, that suits me fine. :aok: I also know Lewis is a good footballer. He was gutted on Sunday. You do know that after 5-1 he was one of the only players who refused to go out the house (after game and days after) as he was too embarrassed ? Takes defeat hard and that for me is what you want around a football club.

Not journeymen who have no heart and desire to succeed.....just sign for Hibs to pay the bills for 2/3 years.

I have had to eat humble pie this last two years as I mistakingly pointed the finger at Paul Hanlon and Lewis as a 'reason' for our mediocrity - to be honest, they are exactly the professional players we need (and professional in every sense, I'm not talking skills levels arguments).

Lewis played his best football this year in the unbeaten run under Butcher, yet was dropped to left back and then in/out the side. Back to inconsistency.

He's a good wee player, big heart, love the wee guy so I do :aok:

:top marks

If all the players had the determination and will to win each and every tackle as well as find a Hibs player with almost every pass like Lewis Stevenson does, then we wouldn't be sitting in the very deep doo doo that we currently find ourselves IMO! :agree:

Couldn't believe it on Sunday when he was left to sit on the bench for the entire match when he was a perfect player for a Derby match like the one we had! :rolleyes: