PDA

View Full Version : Becoming immune to defeats.

Carheenlea
27-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Don't know about anyone else, but I feel I have now become immune to defeats. There was once a time when a defeat would have me entering into a period of mourning and letting them ruin weekends, but when you are losing most of the games you watch, you start to pitch up not expecting too much and anything other than a defeat is looked upon as a bonus. Don't feel dramatically different mood wise to before the game.
Sad really.

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 02:37 PM
:agree: I expect it. Its been that way since 2007.

alexhibs
27-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Don't know about anyone else, but I feel I have now become immune to defeats. There was once a time when a defeat would have me entering into a period of mourning and letting them ruin weekends, but when you are losing most of the games you watch, you start to pitch up not expecting too much and anything other than a defeat is looked upon as a bonus. Don't feel dramatically different mood wise to before the game.
Sad really.

Aye ah expect a defeat these days from them, no matter what players or manager we have

James70
27-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Surely we should be celebrating scoring a goal today, not too common an occurance now. :confused:

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Feel like I've had a good kick in baws while losing my wallet to pick up my smashed screen iPhone.

Should never have lost that game today. We weren't great but these cheats
once again got lucky.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I soften the blow now by backing the gimps, the bookies don't have a ****in clue when pricing this game up these days.

Scottie
27-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Feel like I've had a good kick in baws while losing my wallet to pick up my smashed screen iPhone.

Should never have lost that game today. We weren't great but these cheats
once again got lucky.
There's usually a limit to ones luck but they seem to get it every game against us or is it they are just more up for it every time we play them ?

Nakedmanoncrack
27-04-2014, 03:15 PM
I did have to change seats late in the second half moving to a position a safe distance from the dugouts just in case my rage got the better of me, but in the end I trudged out with barely a yelled expletive or two to register my disgust. Another shameful episode, but we've become so used to them that it doesn't cause the anguish it used to. That's an indicator of how bad things have got sadly.

big gogs
27-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Another game another defeat,same old story of the season,but it hurts like hell.as an aside,there was a story doing the rounds at the game today,Kilmarnock are getting a points deduction for the forged signature,true or not ,we now rely on outside help.any updates on the Kilmarnock situation

3pm
27-04-2014, 03:16 PM
I soften the blow now by backing the gimps, the bookies don't have a ****in clue when pricing this game up these days.

Does it soften the blow?!

Nakedmanoncrack
27-04-2014, 03:17 PM

Hearts 7/2 today, incredible.

stoneyburn hibs
27-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Sad really.

It is sad but I don't blame you, my 15 year old words as we left the stadium were "am no actually that bothered"

Onion
27-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Sad really.

This state of mind is called apathy. At any other club, the owner and Board would be deeply concerned and doing something about it, but not at Hibs.

Looks like we'll need to drop down a league for a few years and lose a few thousand off our crowds for it to register with Petrie, STF and many Hibs fans. Petrie will be dreaming of games against SEVCO and BIDCO and how that might plug the hole in his balance sheet.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Does it soften the blow?!

You know what, i dont really think it does. I'm still gutted, but my bank account is £268 up. Tomorrow i will go out and buy myself a new pair of trainers courtesy of Hibs being sheite, that might cheer me up a little. I might even get the puma suede in burgundy.

Scottie
27-04-2014, 03:24 PM
You know what, i dont really think it does. I'm still gutted, but my bank account is £268 up. Tomorrow i will go out and buy myself a new pair of trainers courtesy of Hibs being sheite, that might cheer me up a little. I might even get the puma suede in burgundy.
You really r one piss taken bar steward :greengrin
Personally I'd always go for ADIDAS it's a nicer shade

hibbydog
27-04-2014, 03:25 PM
The only surprise about the result today was that we managed a goal.

This hibs situation is the worst in a lifetime. Last time we got relegated we deserved it, but at least we had a bit of fight and togetherness. We've been on a gradual decline since 2007. The safest road to hell is a slow steady one.

So that's it. Me and hibs are done. Finished. Kapoot. There is no fun to be had from it, so I'll spend my weekends doing something else.

Part time supporter? Glory hunter? Not a good hibby? Couldn't give a flying one.

Petrie can ram it.

So long suckers.

Islington Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:38 PM
The only surprise about the result today was that we managed a goal.

This hibs situation is the worst in a lifetime. Last time we got relegated we deserved it, but at least we had a bit of fight and togetherness. We've been on a gradual decline since 2007. The safest road to hell is a slow steady one.

So that's it. Me and hibs are done. Finished. Kapoot. There is no fun to be had from it, so I'll spend my weekends doing something else.

Part time supporter? Glory hunter? Not a good hibby? Couldn't give a flying one.

Petrie can ram it.

So long suckers.

Don't blame you. This is undoubtedly the most soul-destroying time to be a Hibby. After being second best to Hearts for 20+ years finally when they almost get their just deserts only Hibs can blow it and loose 4 times to them and again (albeit slightly unluckily) today when it really mattered.

Just as Hearts should be cowering in their shells it is Hibs who F it up. They will go down believing again about their invincibility with a 'togetherness;' with their support. Hibs on the other hand have just managed, at a time when The Rangers are out the picture, and Hearts were bust, to really screw it up. Our players have no belief, our crowds in free fall and we could easily be down in a very hard league to get out of.

For me Hibs 'til I die, but this season is a spectacular new low.

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 03:40 PM

WTF would you want with a pair of trainers. :greengrin

hibbydog
27-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Don't blame you. This is undoubtedly the most soul-destroying time to be a Hibby. After being second best to Hearts for 20+ years finally when they almost get their just deserts only Hibs can blow it and loose 4 times to them and again (albeit slightly unluckily) today when it really mattered.

Just as Hearts should be cowering in their shells it is Hibs who F it up. They will go down believing again about their invincibility with a 'togetherness;' with their support. Hibs on the other hand have just managed, at a time when The Rangers are out the picture, and Hearts were bust, to really screw it up. Our players have no belief, our crowds in free fall and we could easily be down in a very hard league to get out of.

Agreed.

And I fear that once today wears off a bit I'll come round to your way of thinking and I'll be back for more before long.

3pm
27-04-2014, 03:53 PM

Ya prick!! :o) Ha Ha!

down-the-slope
27-04-2014, 04:11 PM

apparently the combination of sports sole and suede is the best for spanking - he will be happier than Max Mosley :agree:

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 04:28 PM

apparently the combination of sports sole and suede is the best for spanking - he will be happier than Max Mosley :agree:

:tee hee:

Carheenlea
27-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Nailrods excellent post with his Rosenthal Effect theory pretty much sums up the immunity to defeat that I feel these days. (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?282410-Flew-back-from-China-for-that)

Came home disappointed from a game I should never have been at (wife expecting and overdue), but then took my daughter out for a walk and a kickabout with her ball down the park and watched some of the rugby sevens for what was a very pleasant hour or so. A few years back it would have been home and straight to bed following a derby defeat.

lyonhibs
27-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Sad really.
As soon as they went 1 up, you just knew. This hibs team doesn't have an ounce of fight in them.

Turned over to the Liverpool game at half time. It was a foregone conclusion by then.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 06:44 PM
This state of mind is called apathy. At any other club, the owner and Board would be deeply concerned and doing something about it, but not at Hibs.

:agree: Took the words right out of my mouth. I said virtually the same to someone after the game. A very serious development for any club when apathy sets in.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 06:49 PM

This. :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
27-04-2014, 06:59 PM
I think this was the 1st derby I havent watched in years, perhaps ever.
Will always watch out for our scores and I admit to checking the odd update of the score on phone today, but Hibs have sucked the life out of me the last 5 years, in fact so much so I almost hate the sport itself now.

mmmmhibby
27-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Immune NAH, being able to cope with it easily, AYE.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 07:22 PM
You know its a sad state of affairs when Forster is now Hibs' 3rd top goalscorer:faf:

neil7908
27-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Totally agree, I'm generally pessimistic when it comes to Hibs but I would always have that voice at the back of my head saying we can do it, even against teams like Celtic. Now I just accept we are going to get beat so when it happens I shrug my shoulders and get on with the day.

Derbies gone by I would be raging all day and into the next. Today after the final whistle I forgot almost instantly and moved onto the Liverpool - Chelsea game.

heretoday
27-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Who gives a shi+ any more?

Scottie
27-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Who gives a shi+ any more?
We all do that's why we are all so pissed off

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Sad really.

It's the old saying abut the deer/rabbit being stuck in the headlights. We've frozen and don't know what to do. The minds have gone blank.

SkintHibby
27-04-2014, 09:28 PM
I used to be a Hibs.net junkie. I maybe now pop my head in here once a week. I try to avoid any discussion about Hibs or football to anyone these days.

Never felt so low about Hibs in all my years.

Wakeyhibee
27-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Started to go up for a night out, then the game or vice versa, rather than there and back in one day. At least then I get some entertainment for my travels and as someone said today in the IV "I need after a few pints before I can watch Hibs these days". Sad days football wise

Jones28
27-04-2014, 10:05 PM
I've felt like this since they put us out the league cup. Winning the new year derby was a nice surprise but since then our poor form means it's never a surprise. I don't even get angry about it anymore.

CB_NO3
27-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Strange atmosphere when we got a goal back. The whole Hibs section was flat. It felt like a case of 'just blow for full time now ref'. We know we are a beaten, wounded team. Its a shame its got to this. Petrie and Farmer have to take full responsibility for this. I think the board will get a serious fright come the start of the season when they look at season ticket sales. They are going to have to pull something out the bag. Us fans cant just turn up and hope anymore. We need more than that. We got asked about 5 year ago to 'stand up and be counted' time for the board to do it now.

We are a huge club in scottish football terms. We should be top 4 every season or at least pushing for top 4.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Ya prick!! :o) Ha Ha!

Thank you Hibs.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2014, 11:30 AM

I got involved in that too. Doesnae really soften the blow though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2014, 11:34 AM

Thank you Hibs.

I have them in red. Good choice:agree:

Nice taes btw. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2014, 11:37 AM

Thank you Hibs.

Your choice of colour is appalling, bordering upon treacherous, BH :-D

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2014, 11:39 AM

Thank you Hibs.