PDA

View Full Version : Men on the Posts

Scottie
27-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Two goals conceded from dead ball situations today.

Why the **** don't we put men on the post at set pieces ?

If I had my way I'd string the whole ****ing team up on the posts and leave them there.

Pete
27-04-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm sure we did...but they just moved.

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Lewis usually does it.

hibee_girl
27-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Lewis usually does it.

:agree:

California-Hibs
27-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Lewis usually does it.

Unbelievable decision to drop him today btw, especially in a derby! Harris should be no where NEAR starting. A waste of a jersey. Needs built back up in the under 20's. Also not to start Watmore? I'm lost for words I truly am.

Thecat23
27-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Unbelievable decision to drop him today btw, especially in a derby! Harris should be no where NEAR starting. A waste of a jersey. Needs built back up in the under 20's. Also not to start Watmore? I'm lost for words I truly am.

100% This.

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Lewis always seems to save his best games for derbies, so it was a strange ommission. I dont join in the Harris bashing though, he did some good things. Watmore? Lost possession three times and beat his man once, no evidence he would have made a difference imom

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 02:43 PM
There was PLENTY of evidence Watmore should have started. The boys movement caused all sorts of problems that were not there before his introduction.

WHY do we constantly swap wingers? Harris starts to do well at the start of the second half on the right, immediately switches with Craig and appears on the left.

Do not understand that tactic at all. Butchers lost it IMO

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 02:46 PM
There was PLENTY of evidence Watmore should have started. The boys movement caused all sorts of problems that were not there before his introduction.

WHY do we constantly swap wingers? Harris starts to do well at the start of the second half on the right, immediately switches with Craig and appears on the left.

Wingers swapping wings is a commonplace tactic. Alex Ferguson did it. Pat Fenlon even did it.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Wingers swapping wings is a commonplace tactic. Alex Ferguson did it. Pat Fenlon even did it.

I know... but why when a winger is getting something out of the left back do you swap them right then?

That does not make sense. You do it for an advantage, we didn't get that when we switched Harris to the left

Sean1875
27-04-2014, 02:48 PM
this does my head in in football, such a basic thing to have men on the posts and the amount of goals it would stop just seems common sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 02:58 PM
I know... but why when a winger is getting something out of the left back do you swap them right then?

That does not make sense. You do it for an advantage, we didn't get that when we switched Harris to the left

Maybe because Butcher wanted to threaten the other flank the same way?
It didnt work, but its not evidence Butchers 'lost it'.

degenerated
27-04-2014, 03:01 PM
The bigger problem is our keeper doesn't know if he's coming or going for crosses and finds himself nowhere.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-04-2014, 03:05 PM

No, Hearts were knackered when we started letting Watmore loose, from the start he would've looked lost. Remember the last derby?

Pray4Marc
27-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Two goals conceded from dead ball situations today.

Why the **** don't we put men on the post at set pieces ?

If I had my way I'd string the whole ****ing team up on the posts and leave them there.

We did have a man on the post for the 1st goal. Craig missed the clearing header.

Scottie
27-04-2014, 03:16 PM
We did have a man on the post for the 1st goal. Craig missed the clearing header.
Bollock's he was in the middle of the goal when the header flew past him.
Simple stay on the ****ing post and the ball would have been cleared. FFS it's no rocket science.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Simple stay on the ****ing post and the ball would have been cleared. FFS it's no rocket science.

I sit right behind that goal and Williams made a point of shouting at KT and Craig to get on the post. Unfortunately he strayed. It was in slow motion - I'm sure I could've got out my seat onto the pitch and cleared it.

Pray4Marc
27-04-2014, 03:24 PM

I must have seen a different replay.