PDA

View Full Version : "Doing us proud"

Captain Trips
27-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Well done on that. Petrie pack his bags and yours.

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 02:05 PM
I saw plenty of desire today. Just substandard players in key positions.

One Day Soon
27-04-2014, 02:06 PM

Correct. But you are applying logic rather than rage.

mmmmhibby
27-04-2014, 02:10 PM

Desire comes with derby games, well it should IMO.

keep the faith
27-04-2014, 02:10 PM

Yep

hibee_girl
27-04-2014, 02:12 PM

:agree: The fight was there today, hopefully they'll keep it up.

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 02:13 PM

You're being far too objective about this whole thing. We need to stick the boot in before Hibs start winning again.

AlbertK86
27-04-2014, 02:14 PM

Yep Nelson and Craig in particular

Hibercelona
27-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Desire comes with derby games, well it should IMO.

Exactly. Desire isn't an achievement, its a basic requirement in derbies.

hibIBZ
27-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Plenty of fight and desire but sadly our players are just not good enough

Pretty Boy
27-04-2014, 02:17 PM

100% correct.

Couldn't fault the effort today but just minimal quality.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Very true. Loads of effort, no quality.
Our first touch is woeful, the amount of times we are second to loose balls. Can't win games like that.
Hurts like **** tonight.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Pete
27-04-2014, 02:20 PM

There was a lot worse than Craig on the park today. Nelson too.

hibsbollah
27-04-2014, 02:22 PM

I actually thought Craig was ok in patches, but Nelson...words fail me. I feel sorry for him but he hasn't got the tools.

Cummings had the yam defence scared first half, i know everyone hates the 451 at home but the tactics weren't the problem. Shipping those goals were.

WestEndHibee
27-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Exactly. Desire isn't an achievement, its a basic requirement in derbies.

I'm not sure if you've been around for the past few years but desire in a derby is very much an achievement for Hibs.

Its what we've been missing and finally we saw a bit today.

Heisenberg
27-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Forster was worse than Nelson.

nickwhibs
27-04-2014, 02:27 PM
I actually thought Craig was ok in patches, but Nelson...words fail me. I feel sorry for him but he hasn't got the tools.

Thought so too. Looks not too bad when playing out wide, but went back to being ***** when moved back into the middle. Also thought Cummings did really well - breathe of fresh air from Collins

weonlywon6-2
27-04-2014, 02:27 PM

This is it in a nutshell

Hibercelona
27-04-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure if you've been around for the past few years but desire in a derby is very much an achievement for Hibs.

Something that should be standard shouldn't be seen as an achievement, just because there is a lack of it most of the time.

Desire should just be expected without fail.

Russ
27-04-2014, 02:44 PM

If Craig used his feet as much as his mouth during a game he might be of some use.

Bobby's Cinema
27-04-2014, 02:45 PM

And yet it's another defeat. The only thing that matters in a derby.

We folded cheaply and easily in the first half yet again.

Nevi_SOL
27-04-2014, 02:56 PM

P!sh

Borderhibbie76
27-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Nelson is an utter embarrassment. ..no wonder forster crumbles playing beside that joker every week.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

lucky
27-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Nelson did not do a lot wrong today but is extremely limited as a player. Forster lost two crucial headers which ultimately cost the game.

Heisenberg
27-04-2014, 03:10 PM
P!sh

He got totally bullied for the goals and gifted Hearts the game.

Phil D. Rolls
27-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Something that should be standard shouldn't be seen as an achievement, just because there is a lack of it most of the time.

Desire should just be expected without fail.

Right, so winning isn't an achievement, scoring goals isn't an achievement, clean sheets are not an achievement, entertaining football isn't an achievement.

You really are a ray of sunshine. Is there anything positive you can find to say about Hibs, or do you really hate them that much?

Sorry if this is a bit off the scale, but today was sore enough, without your engineered negativity. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you really are a miserable sod.

down-the-slope
27-04-2014, 03:13 PM

:agree: we were ironically better than we have been in weeks and had good passages of play but the failure to score in the 20 mins before they did when we were well on top and that softness when under pressure told

They had not had an attempt until their first goal.

marinello59
27-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Nelson is an utter embarrassment. ..no wonder forster crumbles playing beside that joker every week.

Nelson played well today. He was dead on his feet at the end and no wonder.

Borderhibbie76
27-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Nelson played well today. He was dead on his feet at the end and no wonder.

I have to disagree mate...his constant hoofs are embarrassing. ..even the ****bos latched onto this...never an SPL centre half he is rank rotten...not the only 1 mind. ..

down-the-slope
27-04-2014, 03:23 PM

Cummings had the yam defence scared first half, i know everyone hates the 451 at home but the tactics weren't the problem. Shipping those goals were.

Actually a 4-2-3-1 which is quite different - but agree it was not the issue. In fact the 2 of Robertson & KT had space in front of them they don't get in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 in which they looked much more comfortable and the 3 behind Cummings were looking OK in patches and could work well when all fit and a few matches played together without all the chopping and hanging

Two limited (one very) and both right footed CH's is however criminal and lead to unnecessary pressure from bad decisions or just pure honking 'distribution'...

Calum68
27-04-2014, 03:56 PM
If Craig used his feet as much as his mouth during a game he might be of some use.

Spot on mate.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 03:58 PM

Nope sorry. This is pure p!sh.

Nelson had an ok game today. He is never going to be someone to pick a pass but to say he is at fault for Forsters failings (of which there were two glaring ones that cost the game) is a joke.

Was he at fault for Hanlons failings....oh wait they were actually a pretty decent CB pairing.

To blame Nelson is like back in the day when Nish would get pelters regardless.

Nelson was not the reason we got beat today. He defended alright.

Captain Trips
27-04-2014, 05:23 PM
The one thing every single person on this board could do if playing today or any other day is try that is the easiest thing for any of us to do, passing, scoring etc is something else. He said he would do us proud and he didnt there is no pride in losing a match against a team that we should be capable of beating and TB must have thought we were capable of that also.

I am interested in defenders defending, midfielders creating or stopping and forwards scoring of course there are certain players at the club doing this but by and large we are doing none of it. Desire and effort are not enough if they are not all on board.

Butcher is a disaster what the hell has he done to deserve money to rebuild? He has made a bad team worse, Hearts on their knees and we are still losing to them. BS out the mouths of Petrie and his managers for to long it's always next match we will come back and then the next for what 4yrs now.

It continues to be a total shambles at ER and its a disgrace. Getting gubbed off the teams above us is one thing now getting gubbed off the ones below hats off to you on that TB you somehow have manged to make Calderwood look decent.

truehibernian
27-04-2014, 05:28 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Aye......okay then........were you at the game ?

Nelson was utterly utterly atrocious.........that is being kind. Second half he nearly got skinned by a Hearts player who he had at least, and I mean at least, a 10 yard start on. First half were you even conscious of the fact that Hearts fans were giving it the 'hooooof' chant every time he got the ball ? The man is not brave on the ball, he plays a clear your lines game.....sadly he aims for the double yellow lines on Albion Road and not within the white lines on the pitch.

He was minging today, just minging.

Heisenberg
27-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Nelson was utterly utterly atrocious.........that is being kind. Second half he nearly got skinned by a Hearts player who he had at least, and I mean at least, a 10 yard start on. First half were you even conscious of the fact that Hearts fans were giving it the 'hooooof' chant every time he got the ball ? The man is not brave on the ball, he plays a clear your lines game.....sadly he aims for the double yellow lines on Albion Road and not within the white lines on the pitch.

Forster was at fault for both goals and his distribution was just as bad. Aimless hoofs all game. Just because he's a youth product dosent mean he can escape criticism. Nelson wasn't great btw, I just think Forster should take more of the blame today.

Argylehibby
27-04-2014, 05:43 PM
:agree: The fight was there today, hopefully they'll keep it up.

I must have blinked and missed it then.

We were up against a bunch of kids who have played football for 5 minutes and they are more street wise than us. We as a club are soft from top to bottom, not just on the field but off it too. As a club we are too nice, heaven forbid we actually upset someone by putting in a tackle, lean on anyone, say something that might upset a ref or the SFA or just stand up for ourselves.

6 minutes of effort when in to time added on was about it today.

Russ
27-04-2014, 08:58 PM
The one thing every single person on this board could do if playing today or any other day is try that is the easiest thing for any of us to do, passing, scoring etc is something else. He said he would do us proud and he didnt there is no pride in losing a match against a team that we should be capable of beating and TB must have thought we were capable of that also.

I am interested in defenders defending, midfielders creating or stopping and forwards scoring of course there are certain players at the club doing this but by and large we are doing none of it. Desire and effort are not enough if they are not all on board.

Butcher is a disaster what the hell has he done to deserve money to rebuild? He has made a bad team worse, Hearts on their knees and we are still losing to them. BS out the mouths of Petrie and his managers for to long it's always next match we will come back and then the next for what 4yrs now.

It continues to be a total shambles at ER and its a disgrace. Getting gubbed off the teams above us is one thing now getting gubbed off the ones below hats off to you on that TB you somehow have manged to make Calderwood look decent.

I get the feeling you don't like Butcher. I will hang on to this post and throw it back at you when you are begging the man to stay in a couple of years time. Unless of course your hatred for the man lies elsewhere and couldn't care less if he turns us around.

Captain Trips
27-04-2014, 09:05 PM
I get the feeling you don't like Butcher. I will hang on to this post and throw it back at you when you are begging the man to stay in a couple of years time. Unless of course your hatred for the man lies elsewhere and couldn't care less if he turns us around.

Well your feelings are wrong on all points, where have I said I do not like infact hate him? I do not think he is right to manage Hibs pure and simple the guy seems genuine and decent as did Fenlon. Not caring if turns it around? really does show how off the mark you really are.

I hope I am in a position of hoping he stays because we are doing well but to be honest what you think doesnt interest me as your points on me are nonsense. "Hatred" aye ok.

Scouse Hibee
27-04-2014, 09:09 PM
P!sh

I agree Forster was pish again.

emerald green
27-04-2014, 09:14 PM

This. :agree: :top marks

Scottie
27-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately have to agree

greenlex
27-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Foster along with Stanton and Cummings are three of few in the team today I would like to keep moving forward. Aye two poor goals conceded today but thats unusual for him at Centre back.

SneakersO'Toole
27-04-2014, 09:22 PM
4 defeats to Hearts this season is a disgrace.

This was suppose to be their season from hell and we have almost single handedly made it almost joyful. And it could get even better for them and much worse for us.

The_Horde
27-04-2014, 09:28 PM
4 defeats to Hearts this season is a disgrace.

This was suppose to be their season from hell and we have almost single handedly made it almost joyful. And it could get even better for them and much worse for us.

Yup relegation. Very joyful..

DH1875
27-04-2014, 10:02 PM

:agree: and not for the first time :boo hoo:

SneakersO'Toole
27-04-2014, 10:06 PM
;3986996']Yup relegation. Very joyful..

Ask any Hearts fan at the start of the season if, given their circumstances, they would accept relegation in return for their club staying afloat plus pumping Hibs four times and they would have bitten your hand off. Well guess, what it happened!!!

Hibercelona
27-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Right, so winning isn't an achievement, scoring goals isn't an achievement, clean sheets are not an achievement, entertaining football isn't an achievement.

You really are a ray of sunshine. Is there anything positive you can find to say about Hibs, or do you really hate them that much?

Sorry if this is a bit off the scale, but today was sore enough, without your engineered negativity. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you really are a miserable sod.

"Engineered negativity"?

Where did I say that winning, scoring goals and keeping clean sheets isn't an achievement? You're the one doing the engineering here pal.

But "desire" isn't an achievement. I'm pretty sure Hearts don't view it as an achievement as they continue to show it in every game against us without fail.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Foster along with Stanton and Cummings are three of few in the team today I would like to keep moving forward. Aye two poor goals conceded today but thats unusual for him at Centre back.

Apart from the two last week? Nelson gets the blame for the first because he gets out-jumped by Thompson but Forster was posted completely missing (again).

He has talent and is great attacking the ball but is a complete liability at centre back. Far better at right back.

Lee
27-04-2014, 10:20 PM

I think it's safe to say both were minging today! Jordon was liable for both goals and some of his cross field passes were Nelson-esque.

The main difference between the two, however - one still has potential to improve, the other doesn't have any of the basic tools to be a decent footballer!

Is Boateng really that bad that Nelson has to start? I'd rather see McGivern play CH and go with one of the u20s against Thistle than see him starting, even with Forster suspended.

dmc1875
27-04-2014, 10:22 PM
I think it's safe to say both were minging today! Jordon was liable for both goals and some of his cross field passes were Nelson-esque.

The main difference between the two, however - one still has potential to improve, the other doesn't have any of the basic tools to be a decent footballer!

Is Boateng really that bad that Nelson has to start? I'd rather see McGivern play CH and go with one of the u20s against Thistle than see him starting, even with Forster suspended.

There is also the argument of experience needed at the back. I presume McPake will start next week but it will be alongside Nelson with Maybury at right back again I'm sure

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2014, 10:23 PM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TapatalkThis is a boring excuse for Forster, both are awful, simple as.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 10:24 PM
We are far too big a club to be in the position we are in.

greenlex
27-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Apart from the two last week? Nelson gets the blame for the first because he gets out-jumped by Thompson but Forster was posted completely missing (again).

He has talent and is great attacking the ball but is a complete liability at centre back. Far better at right back.See I think the exact opposite. He isn't a right back and that has been part of the problem in our long winless run.

Lester B
28-04-2014, 02:49 PM
We are far too big a club to be in the position we are in.

Oh really? Shall we write to the SFA and tell them this then? That should sort it out.

Franck Stanton
28-04-2014, 02:55 PM
There is also the argument of experience needed at the back. I presume McPake will start next week but it will be alongside Nelson with Maybury at right back again I'm sure

Mainly because Forster is suspended next week.

TowerHibs
28-04-2014, 03:05 PM

hope you missed a smilie out there. 2 against Hearts yesterday, wondering at St Mirren after 10 seconds, Raith Rovers caused 2 goals and i would argue the 1st at Tynie where he was ball watching. Does not concentrae at CH, follows runs instead of keeping his shape/watching the ball.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2014, 03:09 PM
hope you missed a smilie out there. 2 against Hearts yesterday, wondering at St Mirren after 10 seconds, Raith Rovers caused 2 goals and i would argue the 1st at Tynie where he was ball watching. Does not concentrae at CH, follows runs instead of keeping his shape/watching the ball.

He's 20 year old, very young for a centre back.

He'll make mistakes. He showed promise and maturity last season and took a cup final in his stride and he's played ok this season. Yes he has made mistakes the last few weeks but no one in the defence has covered themselves in glory.

Forster is a good player and will come good again. We need to be backing the young lads and trying to build around them.

scoopyboy
28-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Well done on that. Petrie pack his bags and yours.

piss poor post.

Springbank
28-04-2014, 08:52 PM
To be a successful club we need to channel the venom (don't lose it but channel it) and direct it against our opponents

Whether manager, CEO or captain/players it would be nice to hear some leadership, a rallying call, it's all a bit quiet from inside er