PDA

View Full Version : Thomson interview in Evening News

Keith_M
26-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Kevin Thomson seems to have a different take (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/thomson-i-saw-hibs-rot-coming-now-to-stop-it-1-3388363) on the quality of the current team than most of us.

"I feel this team, if it was playing four or five games a month, should be capable of winning three or four of them – and if it was having a good month would be winning four or five."

johnrebus
26-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Kevin Thomson seems to have a different take (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/thomson-i-saw-hibs-rot-coming-now-to-stop-it-1-3388363) on the quality of the current team than most of us.

"I feel this team, if it was playing four or five games a month, should be capable of winning three or four of them – and if it was having a good month would be winning four or five."

I'll have a pint of whatever he is drinking.......,

:rolleyes:

Unseen work
26-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Tbf I think he has a point as on paper, before the players signed for us this season were all performing well/ were known as good players such as

Tudor jones
Robertson
Craig
Collins
Mcgivern
Thomson

bobbyhibs1983
26-04-2014, 07:01 PM

as they say talk is cheap.I dunno why but i dont like players(hibs players or otherwise) chit chatitng in newspapers, saying this or saying that.Problem is we are not capable of winning 2 games back to back at the moment let alone threee of four.

Bottom line is, imo, if KT feels like this he alone with the keeper (i ve just foget his name damn it)who was in the papers the other week(or whenever it was) feel like they do, they should get all the players together and do hearts tomorrow. simple as that, will that happen? lets hope so

bingo70
26-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Sounds like he's got more faith in the team than butcher does.

Hibercelona
26-04-2014, 07:02 PM
as they say talk is cheap.I dunno why but i dont like players(hibs players or otherwise) chit chatitng in newspapers, saying this or saying that.Problem is we are not capable of winning 2 games back to back at the moment let alone threee of four.

We're not capable of winning 1 game at the moment. I wish the players just wouldn't say anything and just done the business on the park, it's getting increasingly tiresome.

bobbyhibs1983
26-04-2014, 07:06 PM
We're not capable of winning 1 game at the moment. I wish the players just wouldn't say anything and just done the business on the park, it's getting increasingly tiresome.

I was trying to be positive here by the way:na na:

but other than that i agree with you.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Butcher seemed to be extremely pleased with Thomson in the paper yesterday. He even called him "Thommo" a good sign, surely? :greengrin

SMAXXA
26-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I think he has a point but failing with the obvious, a team, a team, we don't have a team we have a group of players that a manager hasn't a clue who his TEAM is or should be. However bad we are or can be I bet a pound to a penny we will do better with a settled team which indirectly I think KT is getting at.

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2014, 07:54 PM
shut up kevin

danhibees1875
26-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I agree with what he's trying to say. On paper I reckon we have a really good team.

For some reason, on grass we're *****.

Williams mcgivern mcpake hanlon forster Stevenson Craig Jones Thomson Robertson Cairney Stanton Collins Heffernan

These players should not be in the bottom 6, never mind a relegation/play-off battle.

Thecat23
26-04-2014, 07:58 PM
shut up kevin

Why?

So we don't talk to the press anymore?!

SMAXXA
26-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Why?

So we don't talk to the press anymore?!

Dinny feed, folk come out with some **** and that's as intellectual as I'd expect from some

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Dinny feed, folk come out with some **** and that's as intellectual as I'd expect from some

:faf: do one

HoboHarry
26-04-2014, 08:08 PM
His attempt at being positive is nowhere near as tiresome as your constant negativity. :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
26-04-2014, 08:09 PM
He's right..

We have a squad that should be fighting at the top end of the table..

Poor poor management is at fault for our awful league position

Michael
26-04-2014, 08:12 PM
I thought we had a good team before the season started. There were even some half hour spells in the first half of the season that we looked pretty good.

For whatever reason, it's not working out. It's a bit like the 2001/2002 season. Decent team...but we came 10th.

DaveF
26-04-2014, 08:15 PM

I hereby give my 'resident moaning git' name tag over to you. It's an accolade you richly deserve as there is no way anyone on this forum can out whinge you.

If Hibs ever do win again, make sure you have the samaratins number handy eh?

Weir7
26-04-2014, 08:16 PM
shut up kevin

You must do press its in players contract

Iggy Pope
26-04-2014, 08:19 PM

Quite.

SMAXXA
26-04-2014, 08:21 PM
:faf: do one

Ok laughing boy

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2014, 08:22 PM
You must do press its in players contract

yes i know and fair enough, but this quote “I feel this team, if it was playing four or five games a month, should be capable of winning three or four of them" is tosh

Thecat23
26-04-2014, 08:23 PM

True mate true.

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Ok laughing boy

nae botha intellectual boy

SMAXXA
26-04-2014, 08:25 PM
yes i know and fair enough, but this quote “I feel this team, if it was playing four or five games a month, should be capable of winning three or four of them" is tosh

Probably much better saying this team could play 4 or 5 games and are still ****ing hopeless....?.that go down better?

Hibercelona
26-04-2014, 08:27 PM
His attempt at being positive is nowhere near as tiresome as your constant negativity. :rolleyes:

I hereby give my 'resident moaning git' name tag over to you. It's an accolade you richly deserve as there is no way anyone on this forum can out whinge you.

If Hibs ever do win again, make sure you have the samaratins number handy eh?

Quite.

Away and dry yer eyes. :cb

matty_f
26-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Good interview from KT. Exactly the kind of attitude we need at the moment. He's played well enough to keep his place in the team and I hope he's playing tomorrow.

SMAXXA
26-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Good interview from KT. Exactly the kind of attitude we need at the moment. He's played well enough to keep his place in the team and I hope he's playing tomorrow.

A sensible response and yes he is

Baldy Foghorn
26-04-2014, 08:30 PM

We need everyone pulling together, and nothing wrong with what KT or Williams has said. It's high time the current squad got their collective fingers out....

Weir7
26-04-2014, 08:30 PM
A sensible response and yes he is

Team been named?

happiehibbie
26-04-2014, 08:31 PM
I found it funny that KT has not been in the team but put up Last week for Media after game. Now this week up again for the media to speak about the derby. for me this is the team captain although he does not wear the arm band

why does Craig or Nelson not come out and face the Media

I really hope we get a performance tomorrow I also hope KT keeps the head and stays on the pitch he can be rash sometimes !

am hoping for a performance if we get beat then so be it !but please give me a performance

Hiber-nation
26-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I found it funny that KT has not been in the team but put up Last week for Media after game. Now this week up again for the media to speak about the derby. for me this is the team captain although he does not wear the arm band

why does Craig or Nelson not come out and face the Media

I really hope we get a performance tomorrow I also hope KT keeps the head and stays on the pitch he can be rash sometimes !

am hoping for a performance if we get beat then so be it !but please give me a performance

There's a whole thread on here devoted to the interview Nelson gave yesterday.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?282337-quot-Call-me-what-you-like-but-don-t-question-my-commitment-quot&p=3983301&viewfull=1#post3983301

SMAXXA
26-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Team been named?

Yes

Weir7
26-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Yes

Hibs announced it? How do you get know it, hibs tweet?

silverhibee
26-04-2014, 09:20 PM

What's Kev smoking.

Ronniekirk
26-04-2014, 09:26 PM
True mate true.
Remember your starting the match day thread tomorrow.,save the stirrings speeches for that :wink:

DaveF
26-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Away and dry yer eyes. :cb

Will do. Mind and stay away from sharp objects ya miserable git :cb

Thecat23
26-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Remember your starting the match day thread tomorrow.,save the stirrings speeches for that :wink:

Don't worry I'm on it ;)

#2 Double Tap
26-04-2014, 10:34 PM

"I feel this team, if it was playing four or five games a month, should be capable of winning three or four of them – and if it was having a good month would be winning four or five."KT is right :P the manager, staff and players are all better than they are showing. imo

bingo70
27-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Back page of the sun today saying hearts are after thomson.

I'd like to think there's nae chance of that happening.

CorrieHibs
27-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Hearts after KT and Kris Boyd.....

bawheid
27-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Hearts can't afford Thomson or Boyd.

bingo70
27-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Hearts after KT and Kris Boyd.....

Looks like theyve really learned their lesson about living within their means.....

bingo70
27-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Hearts can't afford Thomson or Boyd.

Season tickets will no doubt be going on sale in the next few days

bawheid
27-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Season tickets will no doubt be going on sale in the next few days

The funniest thing would be if after having shafted charities, local businesses and taxpayers and got away with it, they went the way of Hun 2.0.

Watching the conflict between Budge prudence and senior yams who know that to get a blazer you need to promise the masses the earth will be amusing.

GreenArmyyy!
27-04-2014, 07:58 AM
shut up kevin

Nice constructive input.

edinburghhibee
27-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Go out there and prove it Kevin no point reading the same guff you and your team spout day after day to get beat 2-0 and have next to no attempts on goal.

happiehibbie
27-04-2014, 08:13 AM
There's a whole thread on here devoted to the interview Nelson gave yesterday.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?282337-quot-Call-me-what-you-like-but-don-t-question-my-commitment-quot&p=3983301&viewfull=1#post3983301

sorry seem to have missed this