PDA

View Full Version : Relegation reality

1two
26-04-2014, 02:58 PM
I can't quite believe I'm writing this but here goes...

If the worst happens and we finish 11th, what's the format for the playoff? A 2 leg home and away affair or a one off Final type game at a neutral venue?

Sad state of affairs but this is very much a reality for us.

I think is prefer a one off game.
We can't score so need to we'd obviously need to score at least once and having a 2 leg match would give our opponents that extra time to score more. - pretty grim.

mutley
26-04-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm keeping my head in the sand in this one, and hope it goes away!

eastterrace
26-04-2014, 03:04 PM
I can't quite believe I'm writing this but here goes...

If the worst happens and we finish 11th, what's the format for the playoff? A 2 leg home and away affair or a one off Final type game at a neutral venue?

Sad state of affairs but this is very much a reality for us.

I think is prefer a one off game.
We can't score so need to we'd obviously need to score at least once and having a 2 leg match would give our opponents that extra time to score more. - pretty grim.

its a two legged affair with 1st game away and second at home.

Tynie01011973
26-04-2014, 03:06 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-play-off-dates-confirmed/

Each round is two-legged affairs

Bishop Hibee
26-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Wednesday 21st and Sunday 25th May I think.

jeffers
26-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Anyone know if season tickets will be valid for the home game ?

Centre Hawf
26-04-2014, 04:11 PM

Better be, you want as many through the gates to cheer them on.

3pm
26-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Hold yer nerve!

emerald green
26-04-2014, 04:19 PM
We wont get relegated. :pray:

Betty Boop
26-04-2014, 04:25 PM
At least it's an exciting end to the season ! :greengrin

down-the-slope
26-04-2014, 04:30 PM
getting shredded on sportsound at the moment......and hard to disagree with most of it :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
26-04-2014, 04:31 PM

doubt it as money will be split from games (will check new SPFL rules)

Wotherspiniesta
26-04-2014, 04:34 PM
getting shredded on sportsound at the moment......and hard to disagree with most of it :rolleyes:

So we're not even playing today and we're getting the pish ripped out if us? Brilliant!

Really is worrying times at the moment. All others teams seem capable of raising their game, except us.

Just hope they can do it tomorrow.

jeffers
26-04-2014, 04:36 PM
doubt it as money will be split from games (will check new SPFL rules)

Cheers. If not applicable a decent gate could be helpful re funds for next season's squad (whatever division we are in.)

Spike Mandela
26-04-2014, 04:36 PM
So we're not even playing today and we're getting the pish ripped out if us? Brilliant!

Really is worrying times at the moment. All others teams seem capable of raising their game, except us.

Just hope they can do it tomorrow.

It may have escaped peoples notice but Killie have lost their first two bottom six games.

hibby67
26-04-2014, 04:42 PM
We wont get relegated. :pray:

I agree but I've had a few pints :)

green day
26-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Easy answer, dinnae listen.

Surely you are not getting wound up by those simpletons?

emerald green
26-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Yep, and don't they just love putting the boot into Hibs.

Hermit Crab
26-04-2014, 04:51 PM
At least it's an exciting end to the season ! :greengrin

Aye. If you're a neutral.

emerald green
26-04-2014, 04:52 PM
I agree but I've had a few pints :)

Good lad. Keep the faith!:aok:

chrisski33
26-04-2014, 04:54 PM
I have no faith that we wobt get relegated and dunno how some think.we wont. I dont see us winning tomorrow. I hope im wrong i really do!

Pray4Marc
26-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Get beat tomorrow and we will finish 11th. If they can't get the fight and spirit tomorrow to grind out 3 points, there's no way we will pick up any other points this season.

Keith_M
26-04-2014, 04:55 PM
The only other occassion we've been involved in a play-off was in '97, against Airdrie. The entry price was reduced to £8 (I think it was normally £12) and we had an almost full house, the only spaces being in the South Lower, occupied by Airdrie Fans.

I remember the atmosphere was absolutely amazing and we won 1-0 at home, then won 4-2 at Broadwood, where we had more fans than they did.

The games between us and Airdrie were already quite poisonous because they were managed by Alex MacDonald and he had taken his Hearts thugs and 'kick everything in sight' philosophy with him. The home match was won by an O.G. but we had a blatant penalty turned down and Gordon Hunter was sent off for retaliating against their dirty tactics.

I still hate them to this day.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-04-2014, 04:58 PM
The secret of all comedy...

down-the-slope
26-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Cheers. If not applicable a decent gate could be helpful re funds for next season's squad (whatever division we are in.)

Bearing in mind that they call the leagues 1 to 4 in the rules - In essence 50% of the money from gates at ALL play off games (8 matches) is paid to SPFL to use for parachute payment to Club 11th in Prem if relegated......

C26 A levy of 50% of the monies (gross excluding VAT) received or receivable by the Home Club for all Play-Off Matches played in the Division One/Division Two Play-Off Competition from all admission charges paid and payable to and for the relevant Play-Off Match shall be paid by the Home Club to the Company within seven days of the date on which each Play-Off Match is played.
C27 For so long as the amount of any Parachute Payment paid or payable to a Club occupying position 11 in Division One and relegated to Division Two by operation of the Division One/Division Two Play-Off Competition is met or will be met in full by sums paid or payable for such purpose to the Company by the Scottish FA sums received or to be received by the Company from Clubs in terms of Rule C26 and such sums paid or payable to the Company by the Scottish FA shall be treated for all purposes as Other Revenue.
C28 For so long as the amount of any Parachute Payment paid or payable to a Club occupying position 11 in Division One and relegated to Division Two by operation of the Division One/Division Two Play-Off Competition is not met or will not be met in full by sums paid or payable for such purpose to the Company by the Scottish FA sums received or to be received by the Company from Clubs in terms of Rule C26 and any part or portion of such sums paid or payable to the Company by the Scottish FA shall be treated for all purposes as Commercial Revenue.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Interesting comments on Sportsound regarding us. Worth a listen:agree:

marinello59
26-04-2014, 05:01 PM
We won't be in the play off.

VivaHiberña
26-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Interesting comments on Sportsound regarding us. Worth a listen:agree:

What sort of stuff's getting said?

stoneyburn hibs
26-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Get beat tomorrow and we will finish 11th. If they can't get the fight and spirit tomorrow to grind out 3 points, there's no way we will pick up any other points this season.

Agree, lets hope we do it the morn

leggeto
26-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I've come to the point where I just don't give a **** anymore,if we go down so be it,I'll still go and watch

emerald green
26-04-2014, 05:13 PM
The only other occassion we've been involved in a play-off was in '97, against Airdrie. The entry price was reduced to £8 (I think it was normally £12) and we had an almost full house, the only spaces being in the South Lower, occupied by Airdrie Fans.

I remember the atmosphere was absolutely amazing and we won 1-0 at home, then won 4-2 at Broomfield, where we had more fans than they did.

The games between us and Airdrie were already quite poisonous because they were managed by Alex MacDonald and he had taken his Hearts thugs and 'kick everything in sight' philosophy with him. The home match was won by an O.G. but we had a blatant penalty turned down and Gordon Hunter was sent off for retaliating against their dirty tactics.

That Airdrie team were the dirtiest team I've ever seen in Scottish football. They seemed to reserve a lot of their horrendous "tactics" when they played Hibs. They had the likes Kenny Black and Sandy Stewart in their team, and one or two others I can't remember. Awful team. I've detested them ever since too.

NOLA
26-04-2014, 05:15 PM
That Airdrie team were the dirtiest team I've ever seen in Scottish football. They seemed to reserve a lot of their horrendous "tactics" when they played Hibs. They had the likes Kenny Black and Sandy Stewart in their team, and one or two others I can't remember. Awful team. I've detested them ever since too.
sandy jamieson :wink:

leggeto
26-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Are they no a newco now

Paisley Hibby
26-04-2014, 05:22 PM

I remember the atmosphere was absolutely amazing and we won 1-0 at home, then won 4-2 at Broomfield, where we had more fans than they did.

They don't exist any more. The team calling itself Airdrie today is actually Clydebank in disguise. Airdrie went bust in 2002.

trev the hat
26-04-2014, 05:25 PM

What was the game I remember being at when Darren Jackson scored a couple I think ? I'm sure it was at Clyde's ground & thought it was a playoff, long time ago now tho.

trev the hat
26-04-2014, 05:27 PM
They don't exist any more. The team calling itself Airdrie today is actually Clydebank in disguise. Airdrie went bust in 2002.

I'm sure they bought the name back so can now use it again.

Keith_M
26-04-2014, 05:35 PM
What was the game I remember being at when Darren Jackson scored a couple I think ? I'm sure it was at Clyde's ground & thought it was a playoff, long time ago now tho.

That was the second leg I mentioned, against Airdrie. They had gone into Administration and played their home games at Broadwood for a while.

* I just realised I typed Broomfield in my first post by accident. I'll edit it....

Keith_M
26-04-2014, 05:38 PM

I was referring to the Airdrie of that era, not the current 'Airdrie'

Nutmegged
26-04-2014, 05:40 PM
This is absolutely massive, its all well people just being blasé anout this and say we wont go down, we can't buy a win and we're losing goals and find it impossible to score any, we're 1 point above the Play-Off position.

We're in a brutal dog fight here and sticking heads in the sand wont do, we need all the support we can muster, fans can lift teams, we need to do all we can because if we went down the only people who would truly suffer are us so lets get realistic and give the clun all we have in the last few games, if it just inspires one player, that might just be enough to save us.

Nutmegged
26-04-2014, 05:42 PM
This is absolutely massive, its all well people just being blasé anout this and say we wont go down, we can't buy a win and we're losing goals and find it impossible to score any, we're 1 point above the Play-Off position.

We're in a brutal dog fight here and sticking heads in the sand wont do, we need all the support we can muster, fans can lift teams, we need to do all we can because if we went down the only people who would truly suffer are us so lets get realistic and give the clun all we have in the last few games, if it just inspires one player, that might just be enough to save us

stevejordan
26-04-2014, 05:42 PM
on a positive note it looks like it will not be Dundee if we end up in the play offs we can beat Hamilton or Fakirk over 2 legs IMO.

craigmounthibby
26-04-2014, 05:55 PM
It's only about results now. Fans need to get off the players backs, give them encouragement when they make a mistake and if we can remember how to actually score a goal, we have a chance.

Scoring first tomorrow is very important.

Aldo
26-04-2014, 06:00 PM
This is absolutely massive, its all well people just being blasé anout this and say we wont go down, we can't buy a win and we're losing goals and find it impossible to score any, we're 1 point above the Play-Off position. We're in a brutal dog fight here and sticking heads in the sand wont do, we need all the support we can muster, fans can lift teams, we need to do all we can because if we went down the only people who would truly suffer are us so lets get realistic and give the clun all we have in the last few games, if it just inspires one player, that might just be enough to save us

Whose being blasé ... I'm trying to be positive saying we won't go down. The fans have supported the team over the years and turned up in numbers to be let down time and time again.

So in your eyes being positive is being blasé??

I don't think we will be in the play offs.

mjhibby
26-04-2014, 06:29 PM
It may have escaped peoples notice but Killie have lost their first two bottom six games.

None of the five teams at the bottom are in good form hence the reason they are at the bottom. Killie do seem to be struggling but it will probably only take 4or 5 points to avoid the play off. If we end up 11th when we have 3of our last 4 games at home then we deserve to be in the play off. I've stopped listening to sportsound a long time ago because of their agenda in slating us,making out the dons are fabulous and of course the sympathy for the team that avoided paying £28m that they owed. Terrible programme that's now becoming as embarrassing as our neighbours.

One Day Soon
26-04-2014, 06:37 PM

They have fwarque all to write or talk about in the SPL because Celtic have romped it and there isn't anything interesting still to come. Its been that way for weeks if not months. That's why they have been glorying in our problems because it gives them a story that justifies their wages.

We are pretty bad but so is everyone else in this dogfight. We make better copy for them though and that's why the vultures are delighting in ripping us.

johnrebus
26-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Hopefully Dundee will win the Championship.

It really would be just perfect if it was that ******* Hartley that relegated us.

:boo hoo:

SaulGoodman
26-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Not to sound like a Yam here, but first division might be enjoyable next season..

Aldo
26-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Not to sound like a Yam here, but first division might be enjoyable next season..

BANISH HIM!! We will not get relegated!!

emerald green
26-04-2014, 06:56 PM

It would not be enjoyable mate. It's really the second division IMO.

johnrebus
26-04-2014, 06:57 PM

Trouble is, could be there for a hell of a lot more than one season.

:cb

Jonnyboy
26-04-2014, 06:59 PM

The sort of stuff that hurts because it's the truth. Basically they highlighted the fact that we've been in freefall and have bottomed out in confidence and so have a real fight on our hands.

Hard to hear but accurate

Aldo
26-04-2014, 07:01 PM
The sort of stuff that hurts because it's the truth. Basically they highlighted the fact that we've been in freefall and have bottomed out in confidence and so have a real fight on our hands. Hard to hear but accurate

Indeed it is Jonny but it's the same when we were putting a good run together (few years back like) a defeat and the bubbles Burt's blah blah blah.

It's the way they go about it.

Jonnyboy
26-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Indeed it is Jonny but it's the same when we were putting a good run together (few years back like) a defeat and the bubbles Burt's blah blah blah.

It's the way they go about it.

Agreed. I often shout at my radio telling them to STFU but today I had no option but to agree with them :greengrin

Famous Fiver
26-04-2014, 07:03 PM
It would be nice to play Dundee in a play off. Sicken Hartley and revive that old favourite Nade song!! Or is that now on Mr Munny's list?

Aldo
26-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Agreed. I often shout at my radio telling them to STFU but today I had no option but to agree with them :greengrin

I don't listen to it anymore but I still shout at my radio!! ;-)

There's commenting bout stuff but they like to rub salt into the wounds.

degenerated
26-04-2014, 07:11 PM

We're in a brutal dog fight here and sticking heads in the sand wont do, we need all the support we can muster, fans can lift teams, we need to do all we can because if we went down the only people who would truly suffer are us so lets get realistic and give the clun all we have in the last few games, if it just inspires one player, that might just be enough to save us.

I'ts that massive you had to tell us twice :greengrin

degenerated
26-04-2014, 07:11 PM

We're in a brutal dog fight here and sticking heads in the sand wont do, we need all the support we can muster, fans can lift teams, we need to do all we can because if we went down the only people who would truly suffer are us so lets get realistic and give the clun all we have in the last few games, if it just inspires one player, that might just be enough to save us

Jonnyboy
26-04-2014, 07:12 PM

It's catching :greengrin

Jonnyboy
26-04-2014, 07:12 PM

It's catching :greengrin

degenerated
26-04-2014, 07:14 PM