PDA

View Full Version : BBC Scotland Sportsound

The Pointer
26-04-2014, 02:20 PM
On a day when a lot of important games are going on in the SPFL, I can't believe the BBC broadcasted live the Hun's meaningless wee diddy game against (no disrespect to) Stranraer. Not only that, but Fat Sally's speech afterwards where he crawled to the great unwashed by still claiming to have 140 years of history.

Last weekend, not for the first time, I had to turn the radio off such was the amount of airtime given to discussing the never ending travails of that discredited organisation instead of the day's football.

marinello59
26-04-2014, 02:26 PM
What? They provided commentary on a match which involved one of the best supported teams in the country and which finished before the other games kicked off. Outrageous.

Beefster
26-04-2014, 02:31 PM
What? They provided commentary on a match which involved one of the best supported teams in the country and which finished before the other games kicked off. Outrageous.

Folk like to moan about Rangers. Folk like to moan about the BBC. I'd imagine that this was too good an opportunity to miss.

3pm
26-04-2014, 02:31 PM
We can debate the 140 year history at another time but the point was made in respect of a club icon passing away. Today, IMO, isn't the time time to be debating the rights and wrongs of their history.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 02:33 PM
We can debate the 140 year history at another time but the point was made in respect of a club icon passing away. Today, IMO, isn't the time time to be debating the rights and wrongs of their history.

This.

GreenLake
26-04-2014, 03:08 PM
I saw a photograph of THE rangers celebrating winning Scottish League One with their Champions League sized budget. No TV coverage in the US which is surprising given the boasts of a massive global support. They showed Partick Thistle against St Mirren live yesterday. I have not seen them on TV here or heard anything about them other than on hibs.net, or UK Scottish web sites since they were emptied. If you say rangers here they think you are talking about the New York Rangers or the Texas Rangers. THE rangers are famous in Scotland, known in England and heard of in a few other places. Their fame has receded like Sir Ben Kingsley's barnet.

dp00
27-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Tbf I listened to off the ball and they were having a few digs about pretty much the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk