PDA

View Full Version : TB..on your head be it if you play 1 up front!

Moon unit
24-04-2014, 06:59 PM
For the sake of sanity and every Hibs fans wishes ...please DO NOT play one up Top against they Bassers!
GGTTH
:flag:

Ozyhibby
24-04-2014, 07:04 PM
I think he should.

monktonharp
24-04-2014, 07:08 PM
I don't think he should but I do think he will. I expect him to flood the midfield, and hope that someone from that area has the bottle to try a shot instead of the standard side/back/ahdinnaewantit pass.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 07:09 PM
I think he should.

:smug:

Moon unit
24-04-2014, 07:16 PM
:smug:
Why not go the whole hog and do a Levein...nobody up front!

Time for us to stop fannying about and go for these Bassers!,no cagey let's see how thing stand after 25 mins...go for them ,Christ sake it's the Yams not Real Madrid!

Aldo
24-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I think he should.

If he does then it's Watmore to play in behind the lone striker. Hopefully his pace can exploit the space!!!

monktonharp
24-04-2014, 07:45 PM
If he does then it's Watmore to play in behind the lone striker. Hopefully his pace can exploit the space!!!aye, but will he shoot in the general direction of the white poles?

Aldo
24-04-2014, 07:46 PM
aye, but will he shoot in the general direction of the white poles?

Ah yes... Take it you mean the goals and not the corner flags *insert me ducking. ;-)

monktonharp
24-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Ah yes... Take it you mean the goals and not the corner flags *insert me ducking. ;-)even if he aims for the flags you mention, that's an improvement from what's been happening rescently:greengrin

WestEndHibee
24-04-2014, 07:55 PM

Time for us to stop fannying about and go for these Bassers!,no cagey let's see how thing stand after 25 mins...go for them ,Christ sake it's the Yams not Real Madrid!

To be honest we'd actually have been better off doing tat than just the one. At least then we'd have 11 men defending rather than 10 with one sprinting about to no avail up top. :greengrin

Surely we have to go with 2 up front. I'm almost resigned to losing games at the moment so all I want to see is a refreshing line-up and squad that will give it a go.

iwasthere1972
24-04-2014, 07:58 PM
aye, but will he shoot in the general direction of the white poles?

Is that Alexski and Antoni who sit in the FF upper?

scuttle
24-04-2014, 08:01 PM
For the sake of sanity and every Hibs fans wishes ...please DO NOT play one up Top against they Bassers!
GGTTH
:flag:

Agree we have four cup finals left and we all know what happened in the last two Lets go two up top and have a real go

down-the-slope
24-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Is that Alexski and Antoni who sit in the FF upper?

:hilarious

Aldo
24-04-2014, 08:21 PM
even if he aims for the flags you mention, that's an improvement from what's been happening rescently:greengrin

Ha ha true!! ;-)

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Don't expect Tel to be able to come with anything different formation wise, he just can't do it.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 08:26 PM

Im with you mate but its tb that makes the call.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Time to go 4-6. That is four at the the back and six up front and no one in the midfield. Moves start with either the keeper or any of the back four, shelling the ball as high and as far as they can, targeting the opposition penalty area.

eastterrace
24-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Time to go 4-6. That is four at the the back and six up front and no one in the midfield. Moves start with either the keeper or any of the back four, shelling the ball as high and as far as they can, targeting the opposition penalty area.

a bit like carpet bombing just keep punting it in and hope one of these might just happen and break for us.

hibbymick
24-04-2014, 08:59 PM
It wouldnt surprise me to see hearts play with 3 up front against our dodgy defence.

Bostonhibby
24-04-2014, 09:04 PM
It wouldnt surprise me to see hearts play with 3 up front against our dodgy defence.

:agree: One would probably be enough but maybe they are going for a record :greengrin

Brightside
24-04-2014, 09:10 PM
:agree: One would probably be enough but maybe they are going for a record :greengrin

If Cummings and Watmore don't play from the start then you kinda get why the players think they shouldn't win games.

GreenCastle
24-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Did we not play 4-4-2 against St Mirren or would you say it was a 4-4-1-1?

Whatever it was it didn't work and not creating much against 10 men for 60 minutes is embarrassing.

We have struggled for goals all season - but at the same time conceed some many recently - we are really going to have to up it to have any chance Sunday! Bad times!

Eyrie
25-04-2014, 08:03 AM
a bit like carpet bombing just keep punting it in and hope one of these might just happen and break for us.

Bit like the League Cup game last year, when we hammered at them for half an hour and could have scored four until the tattoed freak took a wild swipe at a loose ball and it went in.

We can't defend, so attack attack attack makes sense and will at least offer us some entertainment.

WestEndHibee
25-04-2014, 08:52 AM

Whatever it was it didn't work and not creating much against 10 men for 60 minutes is embarrassing.

We have struggled for goals all season - but at the same time conceed some many recently - we are really going to have to up it to have any chance Sunday! Bad times!

I think the idea was to have a 4-2-3-1 with the wingers playing quite high up the pitch giving better service to Collins but it became a defensive 4-4-1-1 and again we just isolated stanton and collins.

Keith_M
25-04-2014, 09:16 AM
I'd seriously play three up front, at least for the first half hour.

Then we can say that we at least tried and it was just unfortunate they won by a dodgy last minute penalty.

hibby67
25-04-2014, 09:18 AM
has to play 2 up front as we don't have a striker at the club that can play the lone striker role
collins is too slow and has a poor touch, haynes does not look like he knows what he is doing, heffernan injured?, maybe cummings but a bit young and inexperienced to play that role yet .

i would go for cummings and watmore up front they looked like they had a bit of a partnership/understanding when they came on against st-mirren, but unfortunatley it's all about service and this is something the striker/strikers has not been getting off late, lets hope this changes on sunday

silverhibee
25-04-2014, 09:45 AM
even if he aims for the flags you mention, that's an improvement from what's been happening rescently:greengrin

They are good at hitting the bar. :wink: :greengrin

Onion
25-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Agree with the op. Butcher will get severely criticised if he goes with 1 up front at home against the worst team in the league. All that would guarantee us is another stoic 2-0 defeat to add the many other recent 2-0 defeats. We've seen this movie before.

Keith_M
25-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Agree with the op. Butcher will get severely criticised if he goes with 1 up front at home against the worst team in the league. All that would guarantee us is another stoic 2-0 defeat to add the many other recent 2-0 defeats. We've seen this movie before.

We're playing against ourselves?

jacomo
25-04-2014, 10:39 AM

I wish people would stop thinking that playing two strikers is automatically more attacking than playing one. Setting up in a 4-4-2 is no good if your '2' are isolated and starved of the ball.

TrinityHibs
25-04-2014, 10:57 AM
We're playing against ourselves?

Could have sworn there are currently 5 teams below us in the league. A win on Sunday will, in all likelihood, mean that there will still be 5 below us. If we manage to lose by more than 4 goals, St Mirren lose by 1 goal and Kilmarnock and Ross County either draw or one of them wins there will still be at least 2 clubs below us. Which would make us the third worst team. I do however accept on form we are the worst that however would change with a win. Even without their 15 point deduction Hertz are the worst team in the league.

Eyrie
25-04-2014, 11:29 AM
I wish people would stop thinking that playing two strikers is automatically more attacking than playing one. Setting up in a 4-4-2 is no good if your '2' are isolated and starved of the ball.

Agreed, but it does at least mean that there are two targets for the aimless punts up the park and one less body doing nothing in midfield. Let's give it a try because we know that one up isn't working.

Mikey09
25-04-2014, 11:47 AM

This. We don't have strikers with any threat so it makes sense to play an extra player in the middle of the park. Having that cover should (I know it's not really worked), give our wide players licence to drive forward. When it works it's very effective. However I understand why people get pissed off as it's not really come off as of yet. Still our best option in my opinion.... :not worth

Gus
25-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Could have sworn there are currently 5 teams below us in the league. A win on Sunday will, in all likelihood, mean that there will still be 5 below us. If we manage to lose by more than 4 goals, St Mirren lose by 1 goal and Kilmarnock and Ross County either draw or one of them wins there will still be at least 2 clubs below us. Which would make us the third worst team. I do however accept on form we are the worst that however would change with a win. Even without their 15 point deduction Hertz are the worst team in the league.

I would disagree, they are rightly where they are due to their cheating but the games I have seen them play they show more endeavour, application, attitude & footballing ability than Hibs.

Football is a results business & Hibs are the worst on current form.

SMAXXA
25-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Looks like it's on his head then

silverhibee
25-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Looks like it's on his head then

Shaping not get done until tomorrow.

SMAXXA
25-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Shaping not get done until tomorrow.

Today, and set pieces etc tomorrow. Personell wise it's as I say mate

rubber mal
25-04-2014, 12:15 PM

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with playing one up front provided the rest of your formation is set up to support the striker, and in many cases it leads to a stronger link between midfield and attack. The problem is not the formation but the 'players' we have trying to play it.

calmac12000
25-04-2014, 01:22 PM
I've went to watch Hibs all year including a good few away games and I now have to admit that we don't look likely to win another game. That said if be beat the Hertz on Saturday, I'll be more than happy, to be made out a fool if we beat them, but between me and you I just cannae see it happening.

silverhibee
25-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Today, and set pieces etc tomorrow. Personell wise it's as I say mate

Cheers bud. :aok:

Will find out the team tomorrow. :greengrin

number9dream
25-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with playing one up front provided the rest of your formation is set up to support the striker, and in many cases it leads to a stronger link between midfield and attack. The problem is not the formation but the 'players' we have trying to play it.

Almost every team in the Champions League or at the World Cup will play with one central striker. We don't have ANY good forwards, so where would we get two from? I've not got a solution and, worryingly, it would appear that neither does TB...

Famous Fiver
25-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Calmac

Maybe you've hit on the answer. If we play on Saturday we've got right good chance They're not turning up until Sunday!!! Better tell Tel!!!!

SMAXXA
25-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Cheers bud. :aok:

Will find out the team tomorrow. :greengrin

no no you won't you will find out today :wink:

silverhibee
25-04-2014, 02:06 PM
no no you won't you will find out today :wink:

:thumbsup:

stevejordan
25-04-2014, 02:16 PM
4 points are required for safety 4 0-0 draws would work to get this dam season over with re group and rebuild for the big push next season if it means packing the defence to acheive this fine by me.

The_Exile
25-04-2014, 03:47 PM

Agreed, 4-5-2 for me :greengrin

yekimevol
25-04-2014, 03:58 PM
If i was terry i would be going 5-4-1 in an attempt to keep a clean bloody sheet first and foremost !!!

Aldo
25-04-2014, 04:01 PM
If i was terry i would be going 5-4-1 in an attempt to keep a clean bloody sheet first and foremost !!!

Nah I'd go. 4 -2- 3 - 1 but think it will be 4 4 1 1

Attack them and get in about them. Show some ****ing bottle and take responsibility.

Moon unit
25-04-2014, 04:37 PM
This. We don't have strikers with any threat so it makes sense to play an extra player in the middle of the park. Having that cover should (I know it's not really worked), give our wide players licence to drive forward. When it works it's very effective. However I understand why people get pissed off as it's not really come off as of yet. Still our best option in my opinion.... :not worth

Sorry bud, must beg to differ.. We have witnessed almost a full season of having 1 guy running around up front never looking as though he will get on the end of a shot, never mind score a goal!
if we have any balls... We have to go for it!

DH1875
25-04-2014, 08:44 PM
4 points are required for safety 4 0-0 draws would work to get this dam season over with re group and rebuild for the big push next season if it means packing the defence to acheive this fine by me.

Have you seen our defence :shocked:

monktonharp
25-04-2014, 10:51 PM

We have struggled for goals all season - but at the same time conceed some many recently - we are really going to have to up it to have any chance Sunday! Bad times!:agree: I don't need to expand on how pish we have been, but we did "create" a lot of corners at the St. Mirren game. the thing that annoyed me about that was it looked like only one corner actually troubled their goalie. I'm referring to the second half, and most of the corners were gobbled up by their defence,maybe something to do with the fact that they all landed in the 6 yard box, whereas our big men seemed to be a good yard or 2 off that, expecting a cross into their area.
:dunno:

Lucius Apuleius
26-04-2014, 06:51 AM
I would disagree, they are rightly where they are due to their cheating but the games I have seen them play they show more endeavour, application, attitude & footballing ability than Hibs.

Football is a results business & Hibs are the worst on current form.

That depends on how long you consider is current. ;-)

Hibercelona
26-04-2014, 05:03 PM
If we play a 4-4-2, Hearts will boss the midfield. If we play a 4-5-1, the man up front will rarely see the ball.

Our issues aren't the formation. We lack pace, urgency and movement. Unless we somehow find some, it'll be another disappointing afternoon regardless of the formation.

Aldo
26-04-2014, 05:06 PM
If we play a 4-4-2, Hearts will boss the midfield. If we play a 4-5-1, the man up front will rarely see the ball. Our issues aren't the formation. We lack pace, urgency and movement. Unless we somehow find some, it'll be another disappointing afternoon regardless of the formation.

I think we will start like the League Cup game and come out the traps flying. We will also win

leggeto
26-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah instead of playing 1 shot shy numptie up front we should play 2 shot shy numptie,if I was TB I'd play the U20s the morn

HappyAsHellas
26-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Why not just field nine men - we know the yams are crap at these odds?:flag:

Hibee87
27-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Why not just field nine men - we know the yams are crap at these odds?:flag:

Looks like its going to be a 4 2 3 1 formation

Sammy7nil
27-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Looks like its going to be a 4 2 3 1 formation

The players have proved time and gain they dont understand that formtion or do not have the ability to play it.

KEEP IT SIMPLE

Play high tempo get in about them WIN YOUR OWN BATTLE and when you have a clearl sight of goal SHOOT