PDA

View Full Version : NHC Spotland / Rochdale

yeezus.
24-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Hi folks,

I have been invited down to my mate in Rochdale's house this weekend and we are both going to the game on Saturday. I just wondered if any fellow .netters have been before?

It's only my second English lower league game.

Cheers,

Andy

fat freddy
24-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I spent a few weeks working in Rochdale about 15 years ago...never went to any games but remember a barry square go in the street one night involving two local radges...it went on for ages and only stopped when the two participants were too knackered to continue...I dont think they have Policemen in that part of the world...or maybe it was two off duty cops that were fighting?...apart from that I remember hills and fooony accents.

Virginia Hibs
24-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Lived there for a couple of years, 18 years ago right enough. Neighbor was a big 'Dale fan and went to Spotland a few times. It looks like it's set in the middle of Coronation Street but a wee ground much like Station Park or the likes. May have changed in 18 years though! Fooony accents and hills certainly the name of the game but they served beer in the ground!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Behind one of the goals is the only terrace left in the ground. It appears to be the most popular stand on match days.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/rochdale/index.htm

Check the link out for more info. :aok:

Jonnyboy
24-04-2014, 06:59 PM
I've been at a Rochdale game at Spotland. Cracking wee ground and as HC says the terracing is the place to be :thumbsup:

Wakeyhibee
24-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Went years ago in the late 80's or early 90's back in the old 4th Division days v Burnley. The ground has changed dramatically since then with only the home terrace still in tact as said above. Seem to remember a club/bar back of the the then main stand which if still there was decent for a pre- match drink. Steer clear of the 'Hollands' Meat or Steak & Kidney Pies they are pish.

Wakeyhibee
24-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah if you ask for a fish supper (or any other 'supper' for that matter) after the match, then expect a blank stare, uncomfortable silence, & inquisitive looks from all around you. They might even prod you, They're not used to strangers in some of them thar parts.

Jonnyboy
24-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Oh yeah if you ask for a fish supper (or any other 'supper' for that matter) after the match, then expect a blank stare, uncomfortable silence, & inquisitive looks from all around you. They might even prod you, They're not used to strangers in some of them thar parts.

Fish, chips and sloppy peas :greengrin

The Omega Man
24-04-2014, 07:58 PM
My brother in law used to play for them. A lad called Peter Ward.

The ground has been renovated extensively over the last decade or so and its a nice venue now.

Hope you enjoy yourself!

monktonharp
24-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Hi folks,

I have been invited down to my mate in Rochdale's house this weekend and we are both going to the game on Saturday. I just wondered if any fellow .netters have been before?

It's only my second English lower league game.

Cheers,

Andy mind and wear your YES badge :duck:

HH81
24-04-2014, 08:34 PM
I was there the other week, the good guys won. Cougars :aok:

3 stands are seating and the other is standing.

yeezus.
26-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies, really looking forward to the game. With a bit of luck Stranraer will beat Sevco too :greengrin