PDA

View Full Version : Attendance for derby

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-04-2014, 02:21 PM
What do we think the attendance will be then? I'll go for 16,500...

Keith_M
24-04-2014, 02:22 PM

Saorsa
24-04-2014, 02:38 PM

Bob Box Fish
24-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Will depend how many they sell.

8000 or so season tickets - not sure all will bother going as its on TV / recent results being poor.

Minimum walk-up sales maybe 500 - 1000.

Guessing around 11-12k ish but could be much worse if they boycot their end.

AndySOL1875
24-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Sky sports says theyve sold out their end

Saorsa
24-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Will depend how many they sell.

8000 or so season tickets - not sure all will bother going as its on TV / recent results being poor.

Minimum walk-up sales maybe 500 - 1000.

Guessing around 11-12k ish but could be much worse if they boycot their end.they've sold out apparently. We failed miserably tae relegate them, now they'll be at ER in the hope they'll see us dragged further in tae the mire

Bob Box Fish
24-04-2014, 02:43 PM
they've sold out apparently.

Interesting. A few weeks ago there was mention of boycots as they never wanted to give us anymore money!!

They must smell blood based on our form.

Baker9
24-04-2014, 03:03 PM
If they sell out their end and we can't fill the rest then it will be all the more fun for them. Losing to them is unthinkable.

1875M
24-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm saying 13,500 max

Sean1875
24-04-2014, 03:14 PM
13k-14k max. depressing.

Bronson
24-04-2014, 03:15 PM
14,000 was my rough guess and I stand by that, which is a shame.

AndySOL1875
24-04-2014, 03:17 PM
I booked mine the other day online and judging by the empty seats i saw, the east is not far from sold out but still plenty left towards either end of the west and FF.

ALF TUPPER
24-04-2014, 03:27 PM
14k tops.
Shame so many are going to miss us stuff them. ;)

Bring it on !!

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 03:33 PM
14k tops.

Bring it on !!

11k.

Bronson
24-04-2014, 03:39 PM
14k tops.

Bring it on !!

That's what I like to f***ing see, MON THE HIBS:flag:

EH54
24-04-2014, 03:40 PM

JimBHibees
24-04-2014, 03:45 PM
14-15k

Spike Mandela
24-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Is this the difference between us and the ****bos?

A few weeks ago we could relegate them, the rallying call goes out and instead of staying away they get a big crowd behind the team.

Situations reverse, they can inflict a wounding defeat on us but instead of rallying to the call we get people on here telling us the're not going cos we're ****, cos we'll get beat or cos they are washing their hair.:rolleyes:

Hopefully we get a big Hibs crowd out on the day.

This is the time to be a 'supporter'.

Onceinawhile
24-04-2014, 04:03 PM

A few weeks ago we could relegate them, the rallying call goes out and instead of staying away they get a big crowd behind the team.

Situations reverse, they can inflict a wounding defeat on us but instead of rallying to the call we get people on here telling us the're not going cos we're ****, cos we'll get beat or cos they are washing their hair.:rolleyes:

Except they didn't issue a rallying call, or get a particularly big crowd (for a derby) they didn't even sell out.

Bronson
24-04-2014, 04:06 PM

Except they didn't issue a rallying call, or get a particularly big crowd (for a derby) they didn't even sell out.

They didn't sell out, but the sentiment of the post is spot on:top marks

Shrekko
24-04-2014, 04:07 PM

If it wasnt a sell-out it was pretty close. They must have been dreading the prospect of us sending them down but they stood behind their team and turned up in good numbers.

we are hibs
24-04-2014, 04:16 PM
11'000

stevejordan
24-04-2014, 04:16 PM
If it wasnt a sell-out it was pretty close. They must have been dreading the prospect of us sending them down but they stood behind their team and turned up in good numbers.

Our Capacity 20421 is much more than the PBS Can hold and they did not sell their end out.

Russ
24-04-2014, 04:26 PM

As a support we rarely if ever rally to the call, even when we do turn up in numbers But as you rightly say, we could have sold thousands more tickets for the PBS yet people ( so called supporters ) have better things to do or won't go cos our form is pish. I suppose that's what separates real fans from the other kind I won't brand them with a name, they know what they are

jakeshibs
24-04-2014, 04:28 PM

I agree with this post, come on all hibbys lets show what we are made of, lets get behind the team, mon the Hibs. our club needs us..

Sir David Gray
24-04-2014, 04:34 PM

GreenCastle
24-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Hibs fans have supported the teams on numerous occasions over the years and have done so very well at times - it's bad timing we are playing the yams (r) now especially after many traveled through last weekend and were let down once again.

To sell out the new year game was impressive - while the atmosphere was great that night - I was more concerned about the result.

Sunday is the same - I want a result - I'm not going to hold it against anyone not going as I can completely understand why.

It will be the last time till late 2015 at earliest the yams (r) will be in Edinburgh's best stadium so no wonder they sold out.

Let's hope the team turn up - that's the most important issue!

iwasthere1972
24-04-2014, 04:56 PM

Well for what it's worth I'll be there. To be honest if I didn't have my season ticket I would think twice about splashing out twenty eight good ones on what will probably be another derby snorefest.

Come on The Hibees. Just do them.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

NOLA
24-04-2014, 04:57 PM

FromTheCapital
24-04-2014, 05:23 PM
There better be a big ****ing crowd, they came out in their numbers against us at home when we had the chance to relegate them and they played a part in their win, both sets of fans have completely different mind sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
24-04-2014, 05:24 PM
As a support we rarely if ever rally to the call, even when we do turn up in numbers But as you rightly say, we could have sold thousands more tickets for the PBS yet people ( so called supporters ) have better things to do or won't go cos our form is pish. I suppose that's what separates real fans from the other kind I won't brand them with a name, they know what they are

Couldn't disagree more with this. If there's one thing Hibs fans have done in recent years, it's turn up and "rally to the call" time and time again, in spite of what they see week in week out. Last week in Paisley for example...? It's the team who have not turned up on many occasions. There's only so many times people can do that, receive the proverbial boot in the baws and get let down. As to your "real fans" comment...that's a bit silly imho.

B.H.F.C
24-04-2014, 05:25 PM
12500. Seems very little interest considering how big a game it is.

stevejordan
24-04-2014, 05:27 PM

Yip my guess is it will be around this mark

Billy Whizz
24-04-2014, 05:28 PM
12500. Seems very little interest considering how big a game it is.

We have around 8,000 season ticket holders and around 3,900 Jambos. I would hope more than 600 Hibs pay to get in

Sir David Gray
24-04-2014, 05:34 PM

The circumstances are different though.

They have been favourites for relegation all season, they've known for a while that they were definitely going down but they wanted to delay things for a few more days, just so we weren't the ones to put them down.

They succeeded.

We, on the other hand, had aspirations for a top six place up until around a month ago. Fast forward a few weeks and five consecutive defeats later and we're now perilously close to being involved in a relegation play off at the end of the season. The fans are totally sickened and apathy has well and truly kicked in at Easter Road.

I'll be there on Sunday (I even got my shifts swapped so I could go) but I can fully understand why many people will choose to do other things on Sunday afternoon.

stevejordan
24-04-2014, 05:45 PM
The circumstances are different though.

They have been favourites for relegation all season, they've known for a while that they were definitely going down but they wanted to delay things for a few more days, just so we weren't the ones to put them down.

They succeeded.

We, on the other hand, had aspirations for a top six place up until around a month ago. Fast forward a few weeks and five consecutive defeats later and we're now perilously close to being involved in a relegation play off at the end of the season. The fans are totally sickened and apathy has well and truly kicked in at Easter Road.

I'll be there on Sunday (I even got my shifts swapped so I could go) but I can fully understand why many people will choose to do other things on Sunday afternoon.

The more fans we can get to support us the better but i can understand some staying away Also.

The Match is also live on the telly with the Liverpool Chelsea game on after some may opt for an afternnon in the Boozer/House

B.H.F.C
24-04-2014, 05:48 PM
We have around 8,000 season ticket holders and around 3,900 Jambos. I would hope more than 600 Hibs pay to get in

Not even sure every season ticket holder will turn up. As I saw someone else say it's all very, very low key.

hibee61
24-04-2014, 06:25 PM
:agree:Where are all us true hibbys why when we get to semi,s and finals we canny get enough tickets but at home games especially this one we will be lucky to get anywhere near our house full
we need to fill the stadium raise the roof and our team nae walking away moaning part way through
lets show the bunch o **** bar stewards who are the best capital club
Iknow it sounds stupid but anyone remember the game against Dunfermline for a relegation game
the atmosphere was amazing

MY INVITATION IS TO ALL TRUE HIBBY'S THE PARTY BEGINS 12,30 ish SUNDAY 27th APRIL COME ALONG AND JOIN THE FUN LETS RAISE THE ROOF RAISE THE TEAM AND SHOW THE TASH AND THE REST OF OUR SO CALLED BOSSES WHAT WE ARE WILLING TO GIVE AND SHOW THEM WHAT WE EXPECT IN RETURN.

BRING IT ON
GGTTH

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Sounds to me as if its going to be empty as ****!

GGTTH07
24-04-2014, 06:36 PM

Bronson
24-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Comments like 11/12k are just silly considering we have 8-9k ST holders, full hearts end, east stand nearly full and a couple more days for people to snap up tickets.

Ronniekirk
24-04-2014, 06:56 PM
:agree:Where are all us true hibbys why when we get to semi,s and finals we canny get enough tickets but at home games especially this one we will be lucky to get anywhere near our house full
we need to fill the stadium raise the roof and our team nae walking away moaning part way through
Iknow it sounds stupid but anyone remember the game against Dunfermline for a relegation game

MY INVITATION IS TO ALL TRUE HIBBY'S THE PARTY BEGINS 12,30 ish SUNDAY 27th APRIL COME ALONG AND JOIN THE FUN LETS RAISE THE ROOF RAISE THE TEAM AND SHOW THE TASH AND THE REST OF OUR SO CALLED BOSSES WHAT WE ARE WILLING TO GIVE AND SHOW THEM WHAT WE EXPECT IN RETURN.

BRING IT ON
GGTTH

The difference is we had players coming back for that game and we thought we could win it .The run we have been on doesn't foster belief we can win it and some fans won't have the Stomach to go and potentially see a fourth defeat at their hands in a season they are going down .The thought of them celebrating and on our pitch rubbing it in that we will be going down.with them is not something we would want to experience .
I however will be there playing my part supporting the Team as for me we need something to turn and it has to be in this game .If we can't motivate ourselves for this one then it gives out the message that even the fans don't believe we can win it .think if decent weather I and we persuade others to come attendance can creep up to 15 to 16 thousand but it will be a test of nerve and interest I haven't lost either but sadly a lot of folk appear to and words alone are not going to persuade folk to return it's going to take a performance from the Team

jakeshibs
24-04-2014, 06:58 PM

BRING IT ON
GGTTH

I agree, I'm in mon the Hibs

ALF TUPPER
24-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm in .....

GGTTH

soproni1
24-04-2014, 08:49 PM

Sorry we all can't be as good as you. Think I've been to about every game I could this year (them all bar Saturdays) and will not be going on Sunday as I think I have enjoyed it about twice. If you want to go fine and brand me what you want but it shouldn't make any difference who is watching these impostors get paid way more than me to win football games and entertain and they do neither.

hibeesjoe
24-04-2014, 09:00 PM
The tramps had the last derby down as 16,873, considering we sold out our end there must have been a few of them came dressed as seats. My guess is about 16,500 for Sunday.

davhibby
24-04-2014, 11:00 PM
No matter how many of us are there on Sunday, we need to make as much noise as possible from the off. Show everyone how much this club means to us

kaimendhibs
25-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Of course I will be there. We are in a dogfight and we need backing. C'mon, let's fill the place

Sent from my iphone

ackeygraham
25-04-2014, 06:39 AM
I personally won't be there, as gave away my season ticket for Aberdeen game and really not been too rushed to get it back.

I'll watch from the comfort of my living room, but will still be supporting the team however crap we are currently, and we are crap right now.

I would not berate anyone who can't or won't go as there are many reasons why people don't attend. For me a point stuck in my head was at work with my sauzee mug and boss mentioned it, I replied that was when we had footballers in the team worthy of the shirt. Now, Im Just fed up of seeing dross, especially the likes of players who can't get a game for notts county but can up here, is this how bad Scottish football has become - more than likely.

Hopefully we will survive and see a investment to overhaul this squad as have faith in TB, but until then I'll be holding back my renewal. Petrie and Farmer have made more than enough money from hibs, time they put something back.

GGTTH.

jakeshibs
25-04-2014, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=ackeygraham;3982253]I personally won't be there, as gave away my season ticket for Aberdeen game and really not been too rushed to get it back.

I'll watch from the comfort of my living room, but will still be supporting the team however crap we are currently, and we are crap right now.

I would not berate anyone who can't or won't go as there are many reasons why people don't attend. For me a point stuck in my head was at work with my sauzee mug and boss mentioned it, I replied that was when we had footballers in the team worthy of the shirt. Now, Im Just fed up of seeing dross, especially the likes of players who can't get a game for notts county but can up here, is this how bad Scottish football has become - more than likely.

Hopefully we will survive and see a investment to overhaul this squad as have faith in TB, but until then I'll be holding back my renewal. Petrie and Farmer have made more than enough money from hibs, time they put something back.

GGTTH.[/QUOTE

do you honestly believe that STF and RP have made a lot of money from Hibs? I disagree however this thread Is about going to the derby and supporting our team when they need us, I will be there as we can not invest if we don't back them.

we need most hibbys to pack out ER, show what we are made off, Mon the Hibs

Thecat23
25-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Have to admit we were quick enough to pack Tynecastle because we thought we'd send them down. Now that our own team needs us more than ever we find ourselves playing in another home derby where there will be plenty empty seats.

One thing I will say is they at least come out In numbers when needed. I bet ER would be empty if Hearts were in a position to out us down. About time we grew some balls.

Thecat23
25-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I personally won't be there, as gave away my season ticket for Aberdeen game and really not been too rushed to get it back.

GGTTH.

With all due respect you can't just support a team when they have "good" players. We are poor yes but this is when we should be backing the side.

You say you will "support" them from the comfort of your living room. Sorry that isn't actually supporting the team is it when you could actually go. Not having a go at you as it's your call, but you are contradicting yourself a bit.

marinello59
25-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Have to admit we were quick enough to pack Tynecastle because we thought we'd send them down. Now that our own team needs us more than ever we find ourselves playing in another home derby where there will be plenty empty seats.

One thing I will say is they at least come out In numbers when needed. I bet ER would be empty if Hearts were in a position to out us down. About time we grew some balls.

But we might lose and the Hearts fans will all laugh at us and call us nasty names. I am going to hide behind my sofa all day on Sunday.

Thecat23
25-04-2014, 07:51 AM
But we might lose and the Hearts fans will all laugh at us and call us nasty names. I am going to hide behind my sofa all day on Sunday.

That's exactly how it's coming across.

Ronniekirk
25-04-2014, 08:08 AM
With all due respect you can't just support a team when they have "good" players. We are poor yes but this is when we should be backing the side.

You say you will "support" them from the comfort of your living room. Sorry that isn't actually supporting the team is it when you could actually go. Not having a go at you as it's your call, but you are contradicting yourself a bit.
When the chips are down it's Fight or Flight and like some of our players a fair few folk are choosing Flight .
Like you I go the other way and choose to Fight and will be at every game till we are safe supporting the Team but as you say each supporter will make their own choice .

Thecat23
25-04-2014, 08:39 AM
When the chips are down it's Fight or Flight and like some of our players a fair few folk are choosing Flight .
Like you I go the other way and choose to Fight and will be at every game till we are safe supporting the Team but as you say each supporter will make their own choice .

True, I just find it sad that folk would rather only watch us when we win. Don't get me wrong it's eye bleeding but folk who have a season ticket yet can't be bothered even when it's a derby and we really need the backing just baffles me. Huge game on Sunday last derby if we survive in god knows how long. I can't wait myself!

IWasThere2016
25-04-2014, 08:41 AM
True, I just find it sad that folk would rather only watch us when we win. Don't get me wrong it's eye bleeding but folk who have a season ticket yet can't be bothered even when it's a derby and we really need the backing just baffles me. Huge game on Sunday last derby if we survive in god knows how long. I can't wait myself!

I won't even see it on the googlebox! PETRIE :grr: My wee man's last game - of a league winning season - a 12.30 ko! :rolleyes:

Still 'least I'll see some decent fitbaw! :greengrin

scoopyboy
25-04-2014, 09:01 AM

I always hark back to the League Cup semi against Rangers when we beat them on pens. One of the best Hibs supports I have been in, not in terms of numbers but in terms of quality. Maybe 7000 of us but the backing was immense.

Contrast that with the final when we had thousands who weren't going back after the Livi defeat and couldn't even recognise Hibs players by name.

I'm confident that the Hibs supporters that do go on Sunday will back the club to the hilt in these desperate times.

If folk are more comfortable watching Hibs from the comfort of their living rooms when they could easily be at the game then IMO that's where they should stay. Let the real foot soldiers get on with the job.

Thecat23
25-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I always hark back to the League Cup semi against Rangers when we beat them on pens. One of the best Hibs supports I have been in, not in terms of numbers but in terms of quality. Maybe 7000 of us but the backing was immense.

Contrast that with the final when we had thousands who weren't going back after the Livi defeat and couldn't even recognise Hibs players by name.

I'm confident that the Hibs supporters that do go on Sunday will back the club to the hilt in these desperate times.

If folk are more comfortable watching Hibs from the comfort of their living rooms when they could easily be at the game then IMO that's where they should stay. Let the real foot soldiers get on with the job.

Couldn't agree more.

Thecat23
25-04-2014, 09:03 AM
I won't even see it on the googlebox! PETRIE :grr: My wee man's last game - of a league winning season - a 12.30 ko! :rolleyes:

Still 'least I'll see some decent fitbaw! :greengrin

We'll let you off this time :D

erin go bragh
25-04-2014, 09:15 AM
It would be great if we could pack the place out but its time for the players to turn up and deliver a performance worthy of the famous green tops . So im no given a flying duck about the attendance , for me its all about the team giving us a much needed win . Cmon Hibs get stuck right into these Hearts barstewards .

Ggtth

Keith_M
25-04-2014, 09:20 AM

I presume the OP was asking about Attendance, not total number of Tickets Sold.

A lot of people with STs don't turn up for some matches, so you can't count on having 8,000 of them there.

ackeygraham
25-04-2014, 09:25 AM

Ok maybe I should be more honest, ken what im fed up over the passed three years watching rubbish. Id rather stay at home than watch the current over paid under performing players that have the cheek to be called hibs players.

If i kept under performing at work id get sacked. Not in football though, still get their wages.

With regards to support, if we had 10k, 20k or a 100k it still wouldn't matter. That aint going to change their ability and as we have seen under two managers this season they don't have it.

Id rather watch in the house that way I can turn over to the EPL game should the need arise.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
25-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Ok maybe I should be more honest, ken what im fed up over the passed three years watching rubbish. Id rather stay at home than watch the current over paid under performing players that have the cheek to be called hibs players.

If i kept under performing at work id get sacked. Not in football though, still get their wages.

With regards to support, if we had 10k, 20k or a 100k it still wouldn't matter. That aint going to change their ability and as we have seen under two managers this season they don't have it.

Id rather watch in the house that way I can turn over to the EPL game should the need arise.

Like I say your call. We are all in the same boat after watching dross year in year out. But I do believe a vocal support can only help than a half empty stadium. Yes we have all been let down more than we'd like to remember but this could be the last derby in a long time. If I didn't go and we won if be devastated.

Brooster
25-04-2014, 09:39 AM
It never ceases to amaze me the number of folk who come on here to brag about not going to games.

Onceinawhile
25-04-2014, 09:45 AM

Whilst I can understand your general point it is imo, inherrently flawed.

removing the financial problems we would encounter from only having 7,000 at a game; some people have other priorities. I was at that game at hampden(and every other game in that cup run), but I won't be there on Sunday and in fact I've only been 4 times this season. The reason being I now have two kids and a mortgage, so 28 buck and losing one of my two days I spend with my children is too much for my wallet.

it's not that I care any less than I did, just my circumstances have changed. I was planning on taking my 4 yo to the Partick game, do I need approval first? He might bot sing as much as one of the diehards.

ackeygraham
25-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Like I say your call. We are all in the same boat after watching dross year in year out. But I do believe a vocal support can only help than a half empty stadium. Yes we have all been let down more than we'd like to remember but this could be the last derby in a long time. If I didn't go and we won if be devastated.

It is a hard one to call, and would love nothing more than a hibs win trust me on that one.

I applaud everyone who's going but personally my season has finished. Hopefully we remain and see some signs for next season being better, maybe take a note out of Aberdeens book and spend a little more, as need to spend money to make money/success.

Alfred E Newman
25-04-2014, 09:47 AM

Watch them when we win? That's a good one. I have not seen many wins for my season ticket in the last few seasons.

GlenrothesHibee
25-04-2014, 09:47 AM
The last attendance for the derby at Easter Road showed the massive potential of the club. This one will show how apathetic we have become.

ackeygraham
25-04-2014, 09:48 AM
It is a hard one to call, and would love nothing more than a hibs win trust me on that one.

I applaud everyone who's going but personally my season has finished. Hopefully we remain and see some signs for next season being better, maybe take a note out of Aberdeens book and spend a little more, as need to spend money to make money/success.

P.s im not asking for the games I haven't made from hibs so my financial support is still there.

scoopyboy
25-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Whilst I can understand your general point it is imo, inherrently flawed.

removing the financial problems we would encounter from only having 7,000 at a game; some people have other priorities. I was at that game at hampden(and every other game in that cup run), but I won't be there on Sunday and in fact I've only been 4 times this season. The reason being I now have two kids and a mortgage, so 28 buck and losing one of my two days I spend with my children is too much for my wallet.

it's not that I care any less than I did, just my circumstances have changed. I was planning on taking my 4 yo to the Partick game, do I need approval first? He might bot sing as much as one of the diehards.

If you read my post again you will see that I stated those that could easily make the game but choose not to.

I have posted several times in the past that financially, work related or family obligations are always genuine reasons not to go to a game. I am getting at the ones who simply can't be bothered.

No need for the cutting remark either.

I don't think my argument is flawed at all.

ackeygraham
25-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Well in relation to this all, Would you go back to a restaurant that kept serving inedible food?

Frazerbob
25-04-2014, 10:09 AM
This game reminds me of the Derby at the end if the '98 season when we were adrift at the foot of the table. We'd just been royally rogered at Ibrox and Hearts were still going for the league title. We won that one and we'll win this one. It's what we do. When we expect to win we usually get a kick in the hee-haws. When we expect a drubbing, we pull a win out the bag.

How sweet will it be when we beat them and put a bit of breathing space between us and the play off? Miss it at your peril!

QMU-1875
25-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Well in relation to this all, Would you go back to a restaurant that kept serving inedible food?

Completely different. It's your football team. That mentality is reserved for man utd and chelsea "fans" not real football fans. We are serving up dross but if we can give them the support we can maybe serve up a cracker and pump the jambos! Come on the hibees!

scoopyboy
25-04-2014, 10:10 AM

Nope, I would change my restaurant.

I will never change Hibs for another club however.

Going by your restaurant argument are you going to change your club?

Gus Fring
25-04-2014, 10:14 AM

No I wouldn't. But then I wouldn't celebrate for days and weeks if that same restaurant won a Michelin Star. I don't claim to bleed the colours of that restaurant's chosen livery. I don't sing songs about the restaurant and I don't travel just to eat wherever the food from that restaurant is being served that weekend.

There's a big difference between being a customer and being a supporter. I'm the latter. It doesn't matter to me what Hibs do as long as I have the money I'll buy a season ticket every season and I'll go to as many away games as I can manage as well.

Not supporting Hibs isn't an option for me, I'll do it forever more because I love this club!

HibeeMassive
25-04-2014, 10:27 AM
No I wouldn't. But then I wouldn't celebrate for days and weeks if that same restaurant won a Michelin Star. I don't claim to bleed the colours of that restaurant's chosen livery. I don't sing songs about the restaurant and I don't travel just to eat wherever the food from that restaurant is being served that weekend.

There's a big difference between being a customer and being a supporter. I'm the latter. It doesn't matter to me what Hibs do as long as I have the money I'll buy a season ticket every season and I'll go to as many away games as I can manage as well.

Not supporting Hibs isn't an option for me, I'll do it forever more because I love this club!

:top marks

Agreed whole-heartedly. Yes it's grim at times but it's what we do.

There are many ways and means to protest about how the club is run / performing, but for me, not turning up to support the players once they cross that white line isn't an option.

ackeygraham
25-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Nope, I would change my restaurant.

I will never change Hibs for another club however.

Going by your restaurant argument are you going to change your club?

Nope wouldn't go that far :-) but just as said fed up with the Ground Hog day....hopefully something will happen next season and still in the SPFL (even though will be a even worse product). But as said my time for this season is up.

scoopyboy
25-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Nope wouldn't go that far :-) but just as said fed up with the Ground Hog day....hopefully something will happen next season and still in the SPFL (even though will be a even worse product). But as said my time for this season is up.

I think we're all fed up to be fair.

ackeygraham
25-04-2014, 10:33 AM

And seems to us that the supporters are always having to put our money in - as said before - we're is Petrie and Farmers cash ? - They've made a few bob from Hibs - where is the return, ooh lets make Partick cheaper and put on a bus or two on a Tuesday night...

Well maybe you could just say i'm not in as much love as i used to be....

Thecat23
25-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Watch them when we win? That's a good one. I have not seen many wins for my season ticket in the last few seasons.

Either have I. I'm still going because for me I think we could win this. I just find it strange that folk who can go and have a season ticket but aren't could end up regretting it.

I honestly think that's the difference in both sets of fans. If we had won the last derby Hearts were down yet they packed it out. Now we are firmly in the **** we decide not to go.

Gus Fring
25-04-2014, 10:57 AM
And seems to us that the supporters are always having to put our money in - as said before - we're is Petrie and Farmers cash ? - They've made a few bob from Hibs - where is the return, ooh lets make Partick cheaper and put on a bus or two on a Tuesday night...

That's kind of how a business works. We should only be spending what comes in. And if people like you stay away then we'll have even less money to spend. There's no point complaining about Hibs not spending money they don't have.

matty_f
25-04-2014, 10:57 AM
It never ceases to amaze me the number of folk who come on here to brag about not going to games.

:agree:

AndySOL1875
25-04-2014, 11:02 AM
I would love nothing more than for the players to read some of the posts on here, I honestly think that would give them the proverbial kick up the *rse that they need!!! I think the attendance will be decent but obviously not a sell otut, maybe 15/16k?

GGTTH :flag:

AndySOL1875
25-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Also this is probably one of the most important derby's ive been to and I cant wait! Regardless of how pish we are at the minute!

Eyrie
25-04-2014, 11:35 AM

Every business needs the income from its customers to survive, and fans are the equivalent for a football club.

As regards the money that Farmer and Petrie have made from Hibs, Caversham Green has the actual figures which disprove that.

SMAXXA
25-04-2014, 11:55 AM
3 changes fm last week which I thought was a decent team so am no saying anything about this weeks team re confidence levels :wink:

silverhibee
25-04-2014, 11:57 AM
I would just like to brag and say i will be there on Sunday..

Bring the tramps on. :tbgwa:

Albanian Hibs
25-04-2014, 11:59 AM
3 changes fm last week which I thought was a decent team so am no saying anything about this weeks team re confidence levels :wink:

Hoping it was the team that finished the game last week

ALF TUPPER
25-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Me too Silver :flag:

I'm concerned that i'm so confident that we are going to do them. . :aok:

Albanian Hibs
25-04-2014, 12:02 PM

And what if we end up in the play offs? Is your season still finished?

iwasthere1972
25-04-2014, 12:07 PM

They're getting it in early so that when all the ones who do go to the match and return home to bash their keyboards saying that was gash they can say told you so.

Hopefully they will be proved wrong.

I'll be there. Not confident but I'll be there.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2014, 12:10 PM
I wont be there and i'm not bragging about it. Cant be arsed going and dont know when i will be back watching Hibs.

SMAXXA
25-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Correction 4 changes

VivaHiberņa
25-04-2014, 12:15 PM
My mate and I will be coming down from the Granite City because we're hardcore uberfans an aw that.

Brooster
25-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Correction 4 changes

Get in touch mate.

Nutmegged
25-04-2014, 12:22 PM
I think there will be 14k Hibees inside Easter Road, has to be in my opinion, forgetting all the guff on the park and those behind the scenes, we owe it to ourselves to give this all we've got and hopefully inspire this side to pull out a result, this isn't about Farmer, Petrie or Butcher and its not about the squad of players either, whatever happens to the club, life will go on for them, for us though, this is our lifeblood, thats why we owe it to ourselves to give ourselves the best opportunity as possible.

This could also be the last derby for a long long time

ALF TUPPER
25-04-2014, 12:25 PM
:applause:I'll:applause:be:applause:happy:applause ::applause::applause::applause: and munching my prawn sarnies in the West. Whatwhatwhat :applause:

Come along the Johnny-Greenshirts

SMAXXA
25-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Get in touch mate.

Already have mate

ALF TUPPER
25-04-2014, 12:27 PM
I think there will be 14k Hibees inside Easter Road, has to be in my opinion, forgetting all the guff on the park and those behind the scenes, we owe it to ourselves to give this all we've got and hopefully inspire this side to pull out a result, this isn't about Farmer, Petrie or Butcher and its not about the squad of players either, whatever happens to the club, life will go on for them, for us though, this is our lifeblood, thats why we owe it to ourselves to give ourselves the best opportunity as possible.

Good shout Meggy :wink:

Brooster
25-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Already have mate

Nothing has arrive Mr S.

fat freddy
25-04-2014, 03:13 PM
I was at the ticket office this morning at 11.30 and there was no queue, nothing. The hot blonde behind the counter, who incidentally had no idea that she is referred to as the hot blonde by all the perverts on hibs.net until I informed her, says that sales have been slow but expects a lot of walk ups on Sunday morning...I guess around 13,000 tops

Scouse Hibee
25-04-2014, 03:19 PM
I will be going but my laddie can't make it, I know I will be able to sell his seat for 10 times it's face value as demand for tickets will be massive.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Not being funny or that but if Hearts were playing as bad as we have been and the derby was at PBS, they would still fill it. So why the **** can't we fill ER again??

VivaHiberņa
25-04-2014, 04:00 PM

Don't worry mate, the World Cup should mean the summer won't feel as long this year.

:boo hoo:

In all seriousness though, GET INTAE THUM.

iwasthere1972
25-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Not being funny or that but if Hearts were playing as bad as we have been and the derby was at PBS, they would still fill it. So why the **** can't we fill ER again??

Because it's bigger.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Because it's bigger.

Well why can't we take atleast 14k hibs fans?

S4uzee
25-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Hibs mentality

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-04-2014, 04:06 PM
We dinnae fabricate the number of folk that turn up either.

iwasthere1972
25-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Well why can't we take atleast 14k hibs fans?

Who says we won't?

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm going coz erm .... I support Hibs, Hibs need to win, its a derby and no matter how much I shout at the telly in my heart of hearts I know its not going to turn our current bunch of losers into winners ...... not that me being there is likely to do that either :greengrin

If, as seems likely, there are a few thousand empty seats I for one wont judge the missing fans too harshly ..... Folk are just sick and some have reached the end of their tether ...... all that can be hoped is that one day things will turn around and folk will come back.

If anybody wants to complain about a lack of Hibbies on Sunday then point the finger not at the apathetic but at those who are the cause of that apathy:

A team of players who are unable to compete at even bottom 6 level and who have failed to muster even a shot on goal in some home games.

A board of directors who are failing to make the club competitive on the pitch ..... failing on an ever consistant basis in fact.

An owner who thinks that his job was done 24 years ago and that he is absolved of any responsibility to do anything other than sit on his hands as the club becomes a laughing stock and all but the most committed fans drift away.

I live in hope that from somewhere our lot will somehow manage to dredge up a result on Sunday ...... Its just hope, because there has been no sign for weeks now that they could possibly win such an important game.

GGTTH

Ringothedog
25-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Who says we won't?

By all accounts I will have at least 6000 seats to myself in the East stand, I hope I shout loud enough to be heard over the 4k yams.

Ringothedog
25-04-2014, 06:24 PM
And I think the attendance will be just over 16k which would mean that over 12k hibs fans CAN be ersed going to the game

COME ON THE HIBS!!

Gus Fring
25-04-2014, 06:48 PM

They didn't fill it last time.

eastterrace
25-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Either have I. I'm still going because for me I think we could win this. I just find it strange that folk who can go and have a season ticket but aren't could end up regretting it.

I honestly think that's the difference in both sets of fans. If we had won the last derby Hearts were down yet they packed it out. Now we are firmly in the **** we decide not to go.

think if you look back they never packed it out at the last derby think it was about 16300, off which we had about 3600, so its a fallacy to say they packed it out. if you keep saying that they will believe it thats what these goons are like.

fat freddy
25-04-2014, 07:18 PM

I beg to differ, if hearts had suffered as we have in recent years they would be playing to crowds of 7000...Hibs fans should be applauded for sticking by the club when you consider the years of under achievement we have had to endure. Hearts are still enjoying the thrill of 20 odd years of derby domination regardless of whatever else they have allowed to happen to their club, furthermore they have been galvanised by their recent brush with death in much the same way as any fan base would be. Do you think that their crowds would keep coming back for more in the way the Hibs support does if the roles were reversed? Hibs fans have nothing to feel ashamed of, we have consistantly supported the club despite the teams on the park letting us down all too often....I spent a season working in the refreshment shed at tynie when they were in the old first division and I remember their crowds were dire....success brings out the fairweather fans in any club, hearts are no different.

RoxburghHibs
25-04-2014, 07:26 PM

There was an article recently in a newspaper about a derby at Tynecastle from the 1980's where if Hibs won Hearts would be relegated. The match ended in a draw but the attendance that day was only 10,000.

Gustavo Fring
26-04-2014, 08:01 AM
i cant get the day off work or i would be there

Wakeyhibee
26-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Coming up for this and Partick game, hope we can finally put some distance between us and them. C'mon Hibs you can do it

hibeesathampden
26-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Correction 4 changes

If you're right and there are 4 changes my guess would be

Williams

Forster
Nelson
McGivern
Stevenson

Taiwo
Thompson

Watmore
Stanton
Harris

Cummings

Hope not though. I'd rather a midfield of thomson, Stanton, Harris and Watmore with Cummings and Collins up top.

Gatecrasher
26-04-2014, 10:38 AM
I beg to differ, if hearts had suffered as we have in recent years they would be playing to crowds of 7000...Hibs fans should be applauded for sticking by the club when you consider the years of under achievement we have had to endure. Hearts are still enjoying the thrill of 20 odd years of derby domination regardless of whatever else they have allowed to happen to their club, furthermore they have been galvanised by their recent brush with death in much the same way as any fan base would be. Do you think that their crowds would keep coming back for more in the way the Hibs support does if the roles were reversed? Hibs fans have nothing to feel ashamed of, we have consistantly supported the club despite the teams on the park letting us down all too often....I spent a season working in the refreshment shed at tynie when they were in the old first division and I remember their crowds were dire....success brings out the fairweather fans in any club, hearts are no different.
:top marks The only real surprise us that we are still getting the crowds we are, the fans deserve credit for this. We will see a big drop in numbers next season though.

Onion
26-04-2014, 11:29 AM
:top marks The only real surprise us that we are still getting the crowds we are, the fans deserve credit for this. We will see a big drop in numbers next season though.

And our prize is .... Rod Petrie takes it as a mandate to continue running the club down.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Ross county won. Even more reason to get ER packed on Sunday. Make it happen!! :flag:

AlbertK86
26-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Ross county won. Even more reason to get ER packed on Sunday. Make it happen!! :flag:

100% correct ... Convinced the sell out crowd and new year where everybody backed the team for the whole game played a massive part in us winning

Let's fill the place, make plenty noise

Wee song for them when the start singing it should have been 10

We reply
you lucky ba*****s
you should have been dead
You should have been dead
you lucky ba******s
you shook have been dead

mutley
26-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Anyone done a "dot" count on the website to see what's left?

Leith Green
26-04-2014, 06:39 PM
I wasnt gonna bother going back again after Tynecastle, and not getting a season ticket next season, having had one since 93/94.. I am however going to give this a go and try and get myself up for this. The least i expect from the players and management is for them to be set up to get right at Hearts from the off and to fight tooth and nail for everything.. The players need to get the tempo high and get the fans behind them from the start

Famous Fiver
26-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Gutted. Can't go. Illness. If I was able I'd be there. I'm no uber fan but all those people who can go and can't be ar*ed going are doing themselves and Hibs a disservice. Get along and support them!!!!!!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Gutted. Can't go. Illness. If I was able I'd be there. I'm no uber fan but all those people who can go and can't be ar*ed going are doing themselves and Hibs a disservice. Get along and support them!!!!!!!

:top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 07:58 PM
I find it hard to understand how we sold out the last time we played them and yet, there could be anything between 5 and 8 thousand can't be arsed turning up "Hibs fans" who were at that game, missing tomorrow. Quite astonishing when we are in our hour of need. Come on lads, if you are swithering just get yourself along!

GGTTH.

Gus Fring
26-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Anyone done a "dot" count on the website to see what's left?

Too many to count. The only sold out sections are the middle of the East and West. The rest of the stadium. Going to need a massive amount of walk ups to get anywhere near a sell out.

I find it hard to understand how we sold out the last time we played them and yet, there could be anything between 5 and 8 thousand can't be arsed turning up "Hibs fans" who were at that game, missing tomorrow. Quite astonishing when we are in our hour of need. Come on lads, if you are swithering just get yourself along!

GGTTH.

Would have been nice to see the fans back the team in their hour of need and get some much needed money in the kitty for next season so that we can rebuild. I'm sure they'll be back next time we're in a final though.

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2014, 08:11 PM
plenty dots on the wings unfortunately, still can't decide whether to buy a ticket or not :hmmm: last derby game for at least one season

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Too many to count. The only sold out sections are the middle of the East and West. The rest of the stadium. Going to need a massive amount of walk ups to get anywhere near a sell out.

Would have been nice to see the fans back the team in their hour of need and get some much needed money in the kitty for next season so that we can rebuild. I'm sure they'll be back next time we're in a final though.

:agree:

iwasthere1972
26-04-2014, 08:17 PM

GGTTH.

Ah but less fans booing. Maybe allow the players to express themselves.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

The result tomorrow is more important than the attendance. Oh and I will be there giving the Yams dogs abuse. Whatever that is because I've never abused a dug.

GreenCastle
26-04-2014, 08:25 PM
The result is more important than the attendance.

Tomorrow there will be plenty of gaps in the 20,000 + modern seated stadium - shame as a better team and more forward thinking board would see it close to full again.

The yams (R) will sing what a ***** support - will it bother me no.

What will bother me is if I turn up once again tomorrow and the players hide or don't show up and put in a performance which is long over due.

There will no doubt be a thread on here about the crap attendance - hopefully that's over shadowed with posts about how well each player did tomorrow instead and how TB got his tactics spot on.

B.H.F.C
26-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Don't really care if they want to sing about empty seats. It does bother me that there will be thousands of empty seats though. Only reason for that is that I thought the new year derby was the best atmosphere in years at Easter Road. We ain't gonna get that tomorrow.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Anyone able to get a picture up of the stadium overview from the E-Ticketing website?

Ringothedog
26-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Anyone able to get a picture up of the stadium overview from the E-Ticketing website?

There are about 4500 still available. I really don't get this fascination with tickets sold but If we get over 16850 it will still be higher than the crowds at the PBS

Nakedmanoncrack
27-04-2014, 06:28 AM
It would be great if everyone could rally round in our hour of need; for us its the biggest league derby of my lifetime. But I can understand those who just can't face it.

gegs70
27-04-2014, 06:36 AM
It's a tough one, I think a few season tickets won't turn up too....but I don't much care who else turns up so long as I.am there....although my son is playing football at 10:30 and this fun run is on....

Cmon hibs we are due a win and more importantly a goal....

iwasthere1972
27-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Weather crap. It's on the telly box. We're no very good. Going down with the Jambos. Malpas will just tell us to get to &Ģ&@. Haven't won a home game for ages. Liverpool v Chelsea kicks off about 2pm. The pies are crap. The Bovril is watered down.

If we get 15,000 I'll be delighted. Furthermore if we win I might even pee my pants.

:aok:

hibee19
27-04-2014, 09:36 AM

hibee19
27-04-2014, 09:48 AM

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2014, 09:52 AM
I have been critical of fans who stay away in the past but I cannot blame anyone who does not want to put themselves through the wringer again today. I am going and hoping for the best.

RoxburghHibs
27-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Just under 15000 there today.