PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: The Edinburgh Derby

RSS Bot
24-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Tickets available for Sunday's match

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140424/the-edinburgh-derby_2262950_3785170)

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 03:56 PM
They could have made it easier to get fans in by lowering the prices. :rolleyes:

Waxy
24-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Now it really does tell a story that this could be the last derby in years AND we desperately need something from it, but it's been as low-key a build up that i can remember.
It's quite strange.
I put it down to a combination of us being pretty mince and the players not seeming to care, and Hibs fans giving up on the derby as we've been cheated one too many times.
We seem beaten before the start.

flash
24-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Now it really does tell a story that this could be the last derby in years AND we desperately need something from it, but it's been as low-key a build up that i can remember.
It's quite strange.
I put it down to a combination of us being pretty mince and the players not seeming to care, and Hibs fans giving up on the derby as we've been cheated one too many times.
We seem beaten before the start.

Not me Waxy. I think we will have the cheating gits.

Weststandwanab
24-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Me 2.

Pretty Boy
24-04-2014, 05:58 PM
As always happens I start to forget about the previous weekends disappointment and start to think this is the week it will all click.

2-1 Hibs and safety beckons.

Aldo
24-04-2014, 06:10 PM
As always happens I start to forget about the previous weekends disappointment and start to think this is the week it will all click. 2-1 Hibs and safety beckons.

We will definitely concede but I'm with you PB 2-1 Hibs

ehf
24-04-2014, 06:17 PM
As always happens I start to forget about the previous weekends disappointment and start to think this is the week it will all click.

:agree: But then next game comes around and we chuck away a comedy goal or two in the first few minutes...

SaulGoodman
24-04-2014, 07:34 PM
:agree: But then next game comes around and we chuck away a comedy goal or two in the first few minutes...

2-0 down with a mountain to climb after half an hour

Ronniekirk
24-04-2014, 07:46 PM
We will definitely concede but I'm with you PB 2-1 Hibs

I am with you Aldo we will definitely concede .The question is a goal or the game .If we were participating in the game the Crystal Maze T B would be saying I will choose a Mental Game as this one will test our Resilience determination ,bottle and tell us once and for all who should be staying next season as those that don't turn up just again should just be binned now have lost patience .
If I end up wasting the best part of £90 quid all in for me and my son to watch us capitulate meekly I will not be happy
Surely something has to finally go our way .

Glory Lurker
24-04-2014, 07:47 PM

2-1 Hibs and safety beckons.

Aye, I'm the same. Always persuade myself that next time will be better. I guess it's some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.

Ronniekirk
24-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Aye, I'm the same. Always persuade myself that next time will be better. I guess it's some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.
But this time let's take no Hostages ,let's just get ripped I to them so they know they have been in a game

sbell1875
24-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Any idea how many tickets we've shifted so far for Sunday?

Personally I'd be surprised if there was anymore than 13,000 there.

Poor considering the dire straits we're in just now and we could really do with the support.

Glory Lurker
24-04-2014, 08:34 PM

Poor considering the dire straits we're in just now and we could really do with the support.

There's a poor money for nothing pun just waiting to be pulled now. I can't think of it, but at least want to put down that I thought of it first. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 08:39 PM

Judging by by the online map about 7k seats left. :rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-04-2014, 08:41 PM

13k hibs fans or 13k in total?

theonlywayisup
25-04-2014, 06:23 AM
2-0 down with a mountain to climb after half an hour

Boooooooo

Steven_Hibs
25-04-2014, 06:33 AM
We've not had a shot at goal for weeks, what makes folk think we are going to score 2!? Madness

P.s hope this backfires :greengrin

Bobby's Cinema
25-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Two horrible teams will play out a zero zero.

Ronniekirk
25-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Two horrible teams will play out a zero zero.

We are so poor defensively I don't think we are capable of keeping a clean sheet now and opposition teams think the same which gives them a boost before a ball is kicked .Hearts will want to turn us over again make no mistake about that and they know one goal may be enough to do that so don't see them setting their team out to play for a draw ,they want the bragging rights .The question for me is do their players want it more than ours ?

Saorsa
25-04-2014, 07:22 AM
We are so poor defensively I don't think we are capable of keeping a clean sheet now and opposition teams think the same which gives them a boost before a ball is kicked .Hearts will want to turn us over again make no mistake about that and they know one goal may be enough to do that so don't see them setting their team out to play for a draw ,they want the bragging rights .The question for me is do their players want it more than ours ?Do our players want anything mair than anybody? You wouldnae think so going by what we watch every week.

Waxy
25-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Surely one day soon the defence are going to somehow scrape a clean sheet whilst in the same match we'll manage a lucky goal from somewhere? It's due.

down-the-slope
25-04-2014, 07:27 AM
The last ER Derby - Sell out and win....feels a very very long time ago :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
25-04-2014, 07:45 AM
The last ER Derby - Sell out and win....feels a very very long time ago :rolleyes:
I knew back then we would win that one but probably make a hard job of doing so .This time round you just can't see any positives .i can't understand why bookies aren't making hearts favourites..The lack of uptake of tickets compared to clamour for them last time is understandable .i can't imagine there being a good vibe about the place just now .Its ironic that the team with all the difficulties they have faced is the more cohesive and harmonious going into this one .

jodjam
25-04-2014, 07:49 AM
And another thread giving Hibs a kicking. Is there not enough of these threads

Ronniekirk
25-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Surely one day soon the defence are going to somehow scrape a clean sheet whilst in the same match we'll manage a lucky goal from somewhere? It's due.
Hanlons absence is something we haven't been equipped to cope with.Foster and Nelson are not comfortable in their together .Mayburry solid pro but too slow now ,McGivern if brought back in at full back is lacking in confidence and sure to gift a goal by passing to them or some other mistake .
Does he gamble on McPake as if not fully fit and can't be match fit that could cause problems with him getting pulled out position and having to do those lunges and slide tackles that can get him sent off .
Can't understand when it's clear something different is needed and he has no options Barr under 20 player why he hasn't blooded one of the full backs .

Ronniekirk
25-04-2014, 08:00 AM
And another thread giving Hibs a kicking. Is there not enough of these threads
Your right but it's where we are and it's going to take a performance on the park to change that unfortunately .I will be at game supporting team and if we don't win will be at Partick game doing the same .So although I moan a lot I haven't given up ,but can see why others have .Its not a great deal of fun being a Hibby right now ,despite the Madhatters best efforts to get us all up for the game .

dangermouse
25-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Hanlons absence is something we haven't been equipped to cope with.Foster and Nelson are not comfortable in their together .Mayburry solid pro but too slow now ,McGivern if brought back in at full back is lacking in confidence and sure to gift a goal by passing to them or some other mistake .
Does he gamble on McPake as if not fully fit and can't be match fit that could cause problems with him getting pulled out position and having to do those lunges and slide tackles that can get him sent off .
Can't understand when it's clear something different is needed and he has no options Barr under 20 player why he hasn't blooded one of the full backs .

Why not use Boateng? Was he not brought in to cover injuries and suspensions?

DC_Hibs
25-04-2014, 10:30 AM

Maybe cos he looks poor in u20 games?
I was expecting a loan player as capable of stepping into the first team but it seems our management agree he is not capable.

Gardiner looks better.

Eyrie
25-04-2014, 11:27 AM
My theory is that he was identified as having potential and was brought in on loan for us to look at since he's out of contract in the summer. From what little I've seen of him I'd say that was the right move as we now know to stay well clear.

sbell1875
25-04-2014, 12:37 PM
13k hibs fans or 13k in total?

Jambo at work said they've sold out so that's 3,500 of them, 8,000 season ticket holders and maybe 2,000 walk ups I'm predicticting.

Total crowd of circa 13-14,000

davehiby
25-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Hibernian are aiming to finish the 13/14 season on a positive note; starting with an Edinburgh Derby win this Sunday and three points.
This season has been challenging and there have been disappointments, but those results are now in the past.
Our future starts now and with everyone pulling together for the good of Hibernian we can move forward with confidence during the final four games of the season ...............official site.......but has anyone told the players ?????

ehf
25-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Do our players want anything mair than anybody? You wouldnae think so going by what we watch every week.

They probably want a night out in George Street marginally more than I do.

dangermouse
25-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Maybe cos he looks poor in u20 games?
I was expecting a loan player as capable of stepping into the first team but it seems our management agree he is not capable.

Gardiner looks better.

My theory is that he was identified as having potential and was brought in on loan for us to look at since he's out of contract in the summer. From what little I've seen of him I'd say that was the right move as we now know to stay well clear.

Cheers. Apart from a brief substitute appearance I've not seen him play.

Franck Stanton
25-04-2014, 02:41 PM
We are so poor defensively I don't think we are capable of keeping a clean sheet now and opposition teams think the same which gives them a boost before a ball is kicked .Hearts will want to turn us over again make no mistake about that and they know one goal may be enough to do that so don't see them setting their team out to play for a draw ,they want the bragging rights .The question for me is do their players want it more than ours ?

Unfortunately Ronnie, they usually do -and the really sad thing, for me anyway, I honestly don't think the bunch of imposters we currently have give a flying one about the outcome or the Club

Ronniekirk
25-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately Ronnie, they usually do -and the really sad thing, for me anyway, I honestly don't think the bunch of imposters we currently have give a flying one about the outcome or the Club
They way we started the last Derby was horrendous and no one took responsibility .we were one paced one dimensional onlnly ever looked like one outcome .Improved a bit second half .
If we come out the same at home in a crucial match then something is seriously wrong .i will continue to back them as surely something has to change but been saying that for past four games and not a lot does .