PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Real Madrid vs Bayern

Sylar
23-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Nice to see an away team go to Madrid and have a go (unlike last night).

Is it just me who's finding Sky's camera keeps cutting the right of the screen off? I thought it was the TV screen at first but whenever the ball is towards the right end of the screen and Bayern are attacking, it misses out the player ball at times.

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Nice to see an away team go to Madrid and have a go (unlike last night).

Is it just me who's finding Sky's camera keeps cutting the right of the screen off? I thought it was the TV screen at first but whenever the ball is towards the right end of the screen and Bayern are attacking, it misses out the player ball at times.

Eh? Bayern are attacking the left end of the screen.

1-0 Benzema

Sylar
23-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Well that was against the run of play!

Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern Munich - Benzema

Sylar
23-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Eh? Bayern are attacking the left end of the screen.

1-0 Benzema

I know that - whenever they pass backwards towards their half though, the cameraman isn't following the ball back, so you can't see who's in possession!

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2014, 07:09 PM
I know that - whenever they pass backwards towards their half though, the cameraman isn't following the ball back, so you can't see who's in possession!

Ah right, I was confused! :greengrin Cameraman is a REAL fan as he had no problem following that passage of play.

Sylar
23-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Ah right, I was confused! :greengrin Cameraman is a REAL fan as he had no problem following that passage of play.

He's doing it a both ends to be fair - when Real knock the ball back to their defense, he doesn't follow that either. He's fine going forward but whenever the ball goes backwards, he seems to keep the camera as near the middle of the park as possible.

Stax
23-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Pepe can be an odious wee sh## at times but he's strolling through this. Do Maria & Ronaldo should have made it 3-0..

Sylar
23-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Pepe can be an odious wee sh## at times but he's rolling through this. Do Maria & Ronaldo should have made it 3-0..

Fixed that for you.

He's a despicable player and at it again!

Stax
23-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Fixed that for you.

He's a despicable player and at it again!
He may well be, but he had a good 1st half & by his standards quite a disciplined one.

kentao
23-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Maybe we could stick tbe cameraman in midfield and he could be the man linking the midfield and attack since he always looking for the forward pass

heretoday
23-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Kevin Keegan's looking old. Nice to see "smiling assassin" Fabio Cannavaro smiling away as usual.

lugz
23-04-2014, 08:15 PM
So pepe is actually injured this time?

Sylar
23-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Muller and Goetze on for Bayern - hope they can sneak an away goal.

Sylar
23-04-2014, 08:19 PM
So pepe is actually injured this time?

Unlikely - he's probably just tired.

That was the 5th time he'd gone down tonight when there was bugger all wrong with him.

Aldo
23-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Unlikely - he's probably just tired. That was the 5th time he'd gone down tonight when there was bugger all wrong with him.

Just like him tbh. Luiz was doing the same last nite.

Sylar
23-04-2014, 08:25 PM
I haven't seen a lot of Angel di Maria but he always seems to play when I watch Madrid...he's never particularly impressed me.

lugz
23-04-2014, 08:27 PM
What a chance, casillas shouldn't get a chance to save that.

HappyAsHellas
23-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Τηινκ Βαυερν ψαν στοπ τηεμ φρομ σψορινγ ιν τηε σεψονδ λεγ?

HappyAsHellas
23-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Think Bayern can stop them from scoring in the second leg?

sorry, had Greek on the last post!

lugz
23-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Think Bayern can stop them from scoring in the second leg?

sorry, had Greek on the last post!

Not if they play bale, ronaldo and benzema. They'll get caught at least once on the counter.

Sergey
23-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Basingstoke 0- 1 Concord Rangers

lugz
23-04-2014, 08:37 PM
How easy is it to defend against Robben when you stop him cutting inside!

Stax
23-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Τηινκ Βαυερν ψαν στοπ τηεμ φρομ σψορινγ ιν τηε σεψονδ λεγ?
All Greek to me mate :greengrin

HappyAsHellas
23-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Looks like a Chelsea v Real final to me. Hope Athletico do it but I just think Chelski will bore their way into another final.

heretoday
23-04-2014, 08:40 PM
End to end stuff but not many decent chances created. I reckon Bayern will win the 2nd leg.

Haymaker
23-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Guardiola has sucked a lot of the life out of BM. He doesn't have Messi to pull him out of games like these.

Bayern were fast and ruthless last year.

Possession without Penetration is Pointless.

CB_NO3
23-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Guardiola has sucked a lot of the life out of BM. He doesn't have Messi to pull him out of games like these.

Bayern were fast and ruthless last year.

Possession without Penetration is Pointless.
Ill second that. Starting to think Pepe is not the man for Bayern. He has slowed them down big time.

Steven_Hibs
23-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Bayern are too patient in their build up play. Wingers who keep cutting inside, Robben especially.

Haymaker
24-04-2014, 12:05 AM
Ill second that. Starting to think Pepe is not the man for Bayern. He has slowed them down big time.

Yep. He had a team that team that worked AND had a special talent. Bayern were ***** v MU until they went behind, the old bayern appeared and ripped them apart.

His choice to play the best full back in the game in midfieldwas poor tonight.

Haymaker
24-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Bayern are too patient in their build up play. Wingers who keep cutting inside, Robben especially.

Ribery and Robben, while quality, are predicatble under Pepe.

PeeJay
24-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Yep. He had a team that team that worked AND had a special talent. Bayern were ***** v MU until they went behind, the old bayern appeared and ripped them apart.

His choice to play the best full back in the game in midfieldwas poor tonight.

Interesting that some posters think Bayern are not as good under PG!? They strolled to the Bundesliga title this year, winning it earlier than any club has ever done. Since taking the league title however, Josep G. has rotated the team so many times that people are now claiming he's disrupted the rhythm that the team had throughout the season, something that could account for the stuttering performances they have produced of late ...

- Lahm has often slotted in to the midfield role (false 6) you mention, in fact it's looked on as a masterstroke by Guardiola over here among the pundits ...

Quite enjoyed seeing them get beat myself ... should be an interesting second leg:greengrin

DH1875
24-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Looks like a Chelsea v Real final to me. Hope Athletico do it but I just think Chelski will bore their way into another final.

Not a chance. All Madrid final for me. Athleti will score at the bridge so no way can chelsea sit back.

Haymaker
24-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Interesting that some posters think Bayern are not as good under PG!? They strolled to the Bundesliga title this year, winning it earlier than any club has ever done. Since taking the league title however, Josep G. has rotated the team so many times that people are now claiming he's disrupted the rhythm that the team had throughout the season, something that could account for the stuttering performances they have produced of late ...

- Lamm has often slotted in to the midfield role (false 6) you mention, in fact it's looked on as a masterstroke by Guardiola over here among the pundits ...

Quite enjoyed seeing them get beat myself ... should be an interesting second leg:greengrin

They strolled the bundesliga no doubt. Not sure that is as big achievement as people are making out. They have a very talented squad and can pick up rival teams players easily (see Gotze, Lewandowski) so in effect weaken their main rivals.

Not sure on the rotation, that might have had some effect it is true.

The Lahm thing HAS been a masterstroke - he played vs Man City at the Etihad IIRC and kept their midfield quiet! He is a genius player. However when faced with WIDE threats such as Di Maria, Bale and of course Ronaldo I think he made a mistake playing him centrally last night.

My problem with PG is that he has taken a fantastic team and taken away their biggest threat - They were ruthless in possession last year, fast and dynamic. Now they are ponderous and slow in these big games and he hasn't got Messi to bail him out if it isn't working.

All in all, PG is a fantastic coach however I think he got it wrong last night and against United.

Haymaker
24-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Not a chance. All Madrid final for me. Athleti will score at the bridge so no way can chelsea sit back.

Would be carnage on the streets of Madrid! Imagine Atletico doing the league and CL double? :greengrin

PeeJay
24-04-2014, 02:52 PM
They strolled the bundesliga no doubt. Not sure that is as big achievement as people are making out. They have a very talented squad and can pick up rival teams players easily (see Gotze, Lewandowski) so in effect weaken their main rivals.

Not sure on the rotation, that might have had some effect it is true.

The Lahm thing HAS been a masterstroke - he played vs Man City at the Etihad IIRC and kept their midfield quiet! He is a genius player. However when faced with WIDE threats such as Di Maria, Bale and of course Ronaldo I think he made a mistake playing him centrally last night.

My problem with PG is that he has taken a fantastic team and taken away their biggest threat - They were ruthless in possession last year, fast and dynamic. Now they are ponderous and slow in these big games and he hasn't got Messi to bail him out if it isn't working.

All in all, PG is a fantastic coach however I think he got it wrong last night and against United.

Not sure, I would suggest winning the Bundesliga as decisively as they did is actually quite something special - they have been outstanding as a team this whole season - but PG seems to have made a "blunder" by saying the league's over, so season's over - "now let's experiment/rotate", unfortunately (for them), now they're finding it difficult to get back to that previous level. Ribery has completely lost the plot, it seems and Robben can't do everything on his own - they're the two central players - At this level too, one shouldn't forget that Real Madrid not only had an excellent game - as a team - last night, particularly defensively, but their manager is also "not bad" - and he had his game plan too, which certainly thwarted Bayern's expectations - Robben complained bitterly about it after the game.

Seems to me the best chances all fell to RM last night and they may well rue not haven taken all of them ... not sure that Madrid can produce the same level of concentrated commitment to see them through the 2nd leg ...

Haymaker
24-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Not sure, I would suggest winning the Bundesliga as decisively as they did is actually quite something special - they have been outstanding as a team this whole season - but PG seems to have made a "blunder" by saying the league's over, so season's over - "now let's experiment/rotate", unfortunately (for them), now they're finding it difficult to get back to that previous level. Ribery has completely lost the plot, it seems and Robben can't do everything on his own - they're the two central players - At this level too, one shouldn't forget that Real Madrid not only had an excellent game - as a team - last night, particularly defensively, but their manager is also "not bad" - and he had his game plan too, which certainly thwarted Bayern's expectations - Robben complained bitterly about it after the game.

Seems to me the best chances all fell to RM last night and they may well rue not haven taken all of them ... not sure that Madrid can produce the same level of concentrated commitment to see them through the 2nd leg ...

Ribery was rubbish last night, very good player but personally I wouldn't rate him as high as some do. Robben is also very good, very tricky but you know 9/10 he will cut onto his left foot.

In saying all of this, I do follow Bayern to some degree - my best friend is from Munich and his grandfather has a box at the Allianz, and they are a special team. I just much, much preferred the football of last season to this. PGs commitment to his belief in his style is to be commended but when you get to CL quarters and beyond then those teams tend to be able to counter your game - not always but no system is perfect. Sometimes you have to throw a curve ball.

Real may come to rue those missed chances but Bayern may also rue not going for the throat like they could last year.

All in my opinion of course.

Flo1898
24-04-2014, 07:11 PM
I think it wasn't good that Bayern has won the Bundesliga so early. They are out of tournament for several weeks just focusing the dfb pokal and the cl.
Furthermore I must say that the other teams get used to the bayern style. They meanwhile know how to play against bayern, like real did yesterday.

CorrieHibs
24-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Would be carnage on the streets of Madrid! Imagine Atletico doing the league and CL double? :greengrin

Hopefully they win the CL. I stuck a tener on them at the group stages....14/1 🙏

Haymaker
25-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Hopefully they win the CL. I stuck a tener on them at the group stages....14/1 🙏

Not bad!