PDA

View Full Version : A First

southsider
23-04-2014, 05:22 PM
I watched highlights of the Spanish footy on Rivista de la Lega and the Real Betis centre-back was having a mare. Gave away the first goal with a short back pass. Then scored an OG. As i said the lad was having a real bad game but then he asked his boss to sub him. No kid on injury or the like, just made a signal to come off. Betis have a large support and they called the lad a coward and i cannot disagree with them. In my 50 years of watching football i have never seen such cowardly behaviour on a football pitch.

El Gubbz
23-04-2014, 06:07 PM
I watched highlights of the Spanish footy on Rivista de la Lega and the Real Betis centre-back was having a mare. Gave away the first goal with a short back pass. Then scored an OG. As i said the lad was having a real bad game but then he asked his boss to sub him. No kid on injury or the like, just made a signal to come off. Betis have a large support and they called the lad a coward and i cannot disagree with them. In my 50 years of watching football i have never seen such cowardly behaviour on a football pitch.

You've never seen spoony in a 50/50

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 06:10 PM

Cowardly acts? Did you see the 2012 SCF? 11 cowards in green jerseys.

Scottie
23-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Spot on HC :aok:

I've never been to a game where I was so sad and ashamed at what I was watching from 11 men wearing our green and white.

SouthamptonHibs
24-04-2014, 05:17 AM

10/10

Jones28
24-04-2014, 11:34 AM

Spot on.

Aritch
24-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Surely faking an injury would be more cowardly.

Better that he came off if he was truly having a shocker.

Maybe there were other issues affecting him too.

Scottie
24-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Surely faking an injury would be more cowardly.

Better that he came off if he was truly having a shocker.

Maybe there were other issues affecting him too.
Fair play to the fella

At least he had the balls to make that decision not like the SC team of 2012 that did a fantastic and immense job of hiding on that day. The only one who showed any passion that day was PF with the GIRUY to the ****. Shame he couldn'y install it on the players.

Fife-Hibee
24-04-2014, 12:26 PM

We're now two years down the line, what a difference :-(

Thecat23
24-04-2014, 12:28 PM
I think he's got balls to admit he's having one and thinks the team would do better without him. Unlike others who pretend to be hurt or hide.

I know I'd rather have him an honest lad than half the impostors we have to deal with.

LaMotta
24-04-2014, 12:31 PM
I think he's got balls to admit he's having one and thinks the team would do better without him. Unlike others who pretend to be hurt or hide.

I know I'd rather have him an honest lad than half the impostors we have to deal with.

:agree: Agreed - a brave move from him, not cowardly in the slightest.