PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket 14/15

Lofty
23-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Hey all, I signed up for a season ticket back at the start of march when the promotion started but as yet haven't had anything from hibs, is this normal?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
23-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Hey all, I signed up for a season ticket back at the start of march when the promotion started but as yet haven't had anything from hibs, is this normal?

Pretty normal. New season ticket cards will be sent out in July
I presume you got a ticket receipt?
A call to the TO will ease your fears

Lofty
23-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Went for the monthly payment option, taken a few payments already, might just call for peace of mind.

JustSimplyHibs
23-04-2014, 11:02 AM

Very normal... Spoke to them last week when i picked up my St Midden tickets and they said they had everything.

CraigHibee
23-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Went for the monthly payment option, taken a few payments already, might just call for peace of mind.

i got a letter from zebra finance a week or so after agreeing the payment plan, nothing from hibs yet however this is normal, the first i heard last time was when they posted my season ticket to me just before the season started

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 01:09 PM

Cancel it. Hibs advertise attractive flowing football. False advertising.

Onion
23-04-2014, 02:12 PM

Maybe you've dodged a bullet and they've lost your application :wink:

Lofty
23-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Well they've taken my money so I hope not lol

ekhibee
23-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Cancel it. Hibs advertise attractive flowing football. False advertising.
:top marks

iwasthere1972
23-04-2014, 05:31 PM
I had a letter from Zebra about 10 days ago and first instalment taken from bank account yesterday.

Don't expect to hear from Hibs yet or receive season ticket until June or July. Anyone know if it will be a new season ticket or will Hibs just reactivate this season's card?

Billy Whizz
23-04-2014, 05:35 PM
I had a letter from Zebra about 10 days ago and first instalment taken from bank account yesterday.

Don't expect to hear from Hibs yet or receive season ticket until June or July. Anyone know if it will be a new season ticket or will Hibs just reactivate this season's card?

Sending out new season ticket cards, in July sometime

iwasthere1972
23-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Sending out new season ticket cards, in July sometime

Cheers. Maybe Rod will throw in a cup top up free of charge if we end up in the wee league with The Rangers and THEM.

Now I am being silly.

emerald green
23-04-2014, 05:57 PM
i got a letter from zebra finance a week or so after agreeing the payment plan, nothing from hibs yet however this is normal, the first i heard last time was when they posted my season ticket to me just before the season started

Same here.

Gatecrasher
24-04-2014, 06:45 AM
You can check your purchase history on your online account, my ST for next year is in there.

The Sea-gull
24-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Serious question here, can you get a refund if you have already bought a season ticket for next season and then Hibs get relegated?

Or do they have some sort of a disclaimer stating at the time of purchase the club cannot guaruntee which league they will be playing in and therefore in the event of relegation no refunds will be given?

marinello59
24-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Serious question here, can you get a refund if you have already bought a season ticket for next season and then Hibs get relegated?

Or do they have some sort of a disclaimer stating at the time of purchase the club cannot guaruntee which league they will be playing in and therefore in the event of relegation no refunds will be given?

They have been sold as a season ticket to watch Hibs. That's what you will get, I don't think the league we would be in was mentioned.

Onion
24-04-2014, 09:52 AM
They have been sold as a season ticket to watch Hibs. That's what you will get, I don't think the league we would be in was mentioned.

Think you'll find that if this was tested in or out of court Hibs wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Contravenes so many regs and EU laws (Unfair Contract Terms, Sale of Goods Act, Advertising Standards, etc etc ). So, IMHO if you wanted your money back or a part refund, you'd get it ... one way or another.

marinello59
24-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Think you'll find that if this was tested in or out of court Hibs wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Contravenes so many regs and EU laws (Unfair Contract Terms, Sale of Goods Act, Advertising Standards, etc etc ). So, IMHO if you wanted your money back or a part refund, you'd get it ... one way or another.

What regulations have they contravened? :confused:

matty_f
24-04-2014, 10:09 AM

I think you're wrong there, can you cite any examples where that's happened?

davhibby
24-04-2014, 07:43 PM

But nobody's bought a ticket specifically saying that it's for the Premiership? As long as Hibs play the matches I'm not sure what they've said that goes against that?

monktonharp
24-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Think you'll find that if this was tested in or out of court Hibs wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Contravenes so many regs and EU laws (Unfair Contract Terms, Sale of Goods Act, Advertising Standards, etc etc ). So, IMHO if you wanted your money back or a part refund, you'd get it ... one way or another.bought as seen:wink:

147lothian
25-04-2014, 08:05 AM
I paid for mine so it will get it in July, this was done with a very heavy hart while Petrie is there, I know im not getting value with the cheap options im watching, while hearing the usual crap about 'competitive budget' but I can't change the habit of a life time

DH1875
25-04-2014, 01:18 PM
The club would have to do something. No way can they justify paying £400 for first division football. Its not even worth that for the prem.

marinello59
25-04-2014, 01:52 PM
The club would have to do something. No way can they justify paying £400 for first division football. Its not even worth that for the prem.

What percentage would you want back and would you be happy for the club to cut the playing budget by the same amount?
Actually the club don't have to do anything, we ain't even in the play off spot yet.

PatHead
25-04-2014, 01:56 PM

What do you mean? There would be more category A games in the Championship than in the Premiership.

Scouse Hibee
25-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Would I be happy to pay Michelin star prices for a prepaid meal in a restaurant that had recently lost it's Michelin star? I suppose I could only answer that question after I had eaten the meal! The Championship (though I hope we're not in it) could turn out to be the most entertaining season of football for a long time, if we're relegated I would not be looking for a reduction/refund on my ST.

Onion
25-04-2014, 03:54 PM
But nobody's bought a ticket specifically saying that it's for the Premiership? As long as Hibs play the matches I'm not sure what they've said that goes against that?

Not a lawyer, but everything tells me if a club -pre-sells a product (or ST) there is a reasonable expectation set about the quality and quantity of that product at the time of sale. If Hibs or any other team for that matter pre-sold tickets at a price when it was reasonable to expect those tickets would be for a set number of Prem matches with Prem quality players, and they were relegated resulting in different number of matches against poorer teams using poorer qual players...... then the ST contract could easily be challenged under the Sale of Goods Act or EU Law (Unfair Contract Terms). The club might point to their T&Cs which are silent on quality/league but they would IMHO struggle to defend that in court.

The only reason clubs get away with so much is because customers (fans) just don't take their clubs to court. The example of EPL clubs flaunting the regs on providing facilities for disabled fans (which is backed by law) is a perfect example where the law is simply ignored by the clubs, and can be because no fans have challenged them.

marinello59
25-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Not a lawyer, but everything tells me if a club -pre-sells a product (or ST) there is a reasonable expectation set about the quality and quantity of that product at the time of sale. If Hibs or any other team for that matter pre-sold tickets at a price when it was reasonable to expect those tickets would be for a set number of Prem matches with Prem quality players, and they were relegated resulting in different number of matches against poorer teams using poorer qual players...... then the ST contract could easily be challenged under the Sale of Goods Act or EU Law (Unfair Contract Terms). The club might point to their T&Cs which are silent on quality/league but they would IMHO struggle to defend that in court.

The only reason clubs get away with so much is because customers (fans) just don't take their clubs to court. The example of EPL clubs flaunting the regs on providing facilities for disabled fans (which is backed by law) is a perfect example where the law is simply ignored by the clubs, and can be because no fans have challenged them.

:rolleyes:

theonlywayisup
26-04-2014, 11:59 AM
What do you mean? There would be more category A games in the Championship than in the Premiership.

Yes, the Championship is the new Premiership. It will be where most of the big teams play.

ekhibee
26-04-2014, 04:29 PM
I actually agree with Onion over this, I can't see how Hibs could get away with charging SPFL prices for Championship games, even allowing for playing the sons and cousins of William.

Scouse Hibee
26-04-2014, 05:09 PM
I actually agree with Onion over this, I can't see how Hibs could get away with charging SPFL prices for Championship games, even allowing for playing the sons and cousins of William.

There is not set SFPL prices for Season Tickets! The cost of running the club won't change overnight if Hibs are relegated.

Lofty
27-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Can I get a refund? This is murder

Sir David Gray
27-04-2014, 02:28 PM
People who renewed already (including myself) have done so, fully aware that our position in next season's Premiership is in a lot of doubt.

Hibs won't have done anything wrong and I don't see that there would be any mileage in taking legal action.

Hibby_Paul
27-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Hibs would have to watch though as if they chose to cut walk up prices for games in Championship, the 'value' for a season ticket holder would be reduced. Whether that would be off set against 2 category A games (if we still call them that!) for hearts and ?!

We are always told that season ticket holders are important so got to tread carefully - still all hypothetical but really fearing worst now