PDA

View Full Version : Referee for Sunday is...

stantonhibby
23-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Bobby Madden

Could be a lot worse. He was ref for the New Year Derby. " clutching at straws smiley"

bawheid
23-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Wonder if the refereeing team will be reminded of the following:

A) If the ball crosses the goal line, a goal should be awarded.

B) The assistant referee should only flag for offside if an attacking player is actually in an offside position.

C) Any red card offences should be dealt with during the match itself rather than retrospectively.

D) Only where fouls are committed within the 18 yard box should a penalty be awarded.

Golden Bear
23-04-2014, 10:09 AM

B) The assistant referee should only flag for offside if an attacking player is actually in an offside position.

C) Any red card offences should be dealt with during the match itself rather than retrospectively.

D) Only where fouls are committed within the 18 yard box should a penalty be awarded.

E) Breaks allegedly even themselves out during the course of a season so we are duty bound to ensure that they do.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2014, 10:16 AM
He is an awful ref tbh

we are hibs
23-04-2014, 10:32 AM
He is an appalling referee. I'm sure late on in the derby at New Year ,Heffernan was through on goal and was pulled down and we didn't even get a free kick never mind the red card which should have been given.

Argylehibby
23-04-2014, 11:04 AM

I think that TB should make it part of the weekly press conference this week. He doesnt have to make a big thing of it but simply say fans have been saying all week we are due a break in the derby and telling me about Leigh Griffiths goal being chalked off, 3 retrospective red cards and penalties for free kicks 2 yards outside the box. Hopefully we wont need any breaks like those but if there are any in the game then maybe it's our turn to get them.

Then the scribes go away, look it up and next day papers all have aricles about them getting the breaks. Except of course the EEN who will report that TB is running scared and trying to influence the ref.

Waxy
23-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Good post Bawheid, and all this only in the last couple of years. I'm trying but i can't remember us EVER getting a dodgy decision in any derby (and my first was 1979).
Maybe we have had one and i've blocked it out mentally due to the shock?

Mr White
23-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Good post Bawheid, and all this only in the last couple of years. I'm trying but i can't remember us EVER getting a dodgy decision in any derby (and my first was 1979).
Maybe we have had one and i've blocked it out mentally due to the shock?

The only one I can remember was 4 years ago where rankin was tackled fairly and we got a pen that stokes scored. We lost 1-2 though so in the grand scheme of things pretty small consolation for the litany of dodgy decisions that have went against us over the years. I suppose murrays challenge on black at tynecastle 3 years ago could have been a red rather than yellow too but again hardly comparable.

Winston Ingram
23-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Madded ref'd the last derby at ER. Did an excellent job:agree:

Bobby's Cinema
23-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Bobby Madden

Could be a lot worse. He was ref for the New Year Derby. " clutching at straws smiley"
Happy enough with that, he's one of the better ones. Rather that than the likes of Collum & Thomson

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2014, 12:38 PM

Correct, mate. I'm also hoping the officials are aware of these wee things. If they are, and Hibs show up on the day, we might just be surprised!

Pray4Marc
23-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Bobby Madden

Iam delighted with this appointment. Usually gives us plenty.

Waxy
23-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Iam delighted with this appointment. Usually gives us plenty.

I'd take fairness forevermore over the odd ref who will give us the odd 50/50 now and again.

southsider
23-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Most of the ref's in Scotland seem intent on helping those poor helpless victims from down pbs way. It is flabbergasting just how many dodgy pens they get. An unprovoked assault on an opposition manager only brings about a second yellow card for Christ sake. Any of our players done that they would have got a 10 week ban.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Madded ref'd the last derby at ER. Did an excellent job:agree:No he didn't, he was brutal.

emerald green
23-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Madden amazingly gave Hibs a penalty on 2 January derby which the yams moaned like f*** about. What's the odds Madden will even things up this time?

Aldo
23-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Madden amazingly gave Hibs a penalty on 2 January derby which the yams moaned like f*** about. What's the odds Madden will even things up this time?

They've had 9 penalties (not including the wins in the LC SF - with Hamill missing wan) with only Inverness having more at 13. That's a crazy amount.

Mr White
23-04-2014, 05:45 PM
What's the odds Madden will even things up this time?

So 3 red cards for them, a goal for us that didn't cross the line and a perfectly good goal for them disallowed with our players allowed to go through theirs unpunished? Excellent :greengrin

Mr White
23-04-2014, 05:47 PM
They've had 9 penalties (not including the wins in the LC SF - with Hamill missing wan) with only Inverness having more at 13. That's a crazy amount.

Quite a few reds for their opponents too.

Aldo
23-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Quite a few reds for their opponents too.

Ah yes. How did I forget bout that??

emerald green
23-04-2014, 05:53 PM

9 penalties - you don't hear them moaning about that of course. To think Romanov had them all BELIEVING that the "mafia" running Scottish football had an anti-HOMFC agenda. Has that mysteriously gone away now? Still a joke club.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Wonder what basic rule he'll forget on Sunday? Perhaps the hand ball rule. Maybe Kevin McHattie will pick the ball up at the edge of his own 18 yard box, proceed to run the length of the park, occasionally bouncing the ball ' a la Gaelic football' before throwing it past Ben Williams

Jonnyboy
23-04-2014, 07:35 PM
At Paisley, Kevin Clancy blew for just about every physical contact, making a dull game even duller. Bobby Madden generally does the opposite and let's the game flow, even when fans are screaming for a foul or whatever.

Aldo
23-04-2014, 07:37 PM
At Paisley, Kevin Clancy blew for just about every physical contact, making a dull game even duller. Bobby Madden generally does the opposite and let's the game flow, even when fans are screaming for a foul or whatever.

Let's hope he does that and doesn't get pernickety with petty wee fouls etc

Jonnyboy
23-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Let's hope he does that and doesn't get pernickety with petty wee fouls etc

Unless it's a Jambo committing them :greengrin

HappyAsHellas
23-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Most of the ref's in Scotland seem intent on helping those poor helpless victims from down pbs way. It is flabbergasting just how many dodgy pens they get. An unprovoked assault on an opposition manager only brings about a second yellow card for Christ sake. Any of our players done that they would have got a 10 week ban.

Did Mr Thomson not get 6 months for disagreeing with a linesman?

Diclonius
23-04-2014, 09:09 PM

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Listened to the podcast. Very good points made by both and good hearing the panel agreeing with them. Petrie gtf

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Listened to the podcast. Very good points made by both and good hearing the panel agreeing with them. Petrie gtf

Oops. Wrong thread. Meant for sport sound thread. :doh:

emerald green
24-04-2014, 06:23 PM

This. Says it all.

#2 Double Tap
24-04-2014, 06:30 PM
The ref can't save them this time, they all know its coming.

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Hibs fans follow Derby ritual of moaning about ref prior to Derby..........................tiresome!

JimBHibees
24-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Hibs fans follow Derby ritual of moaning about ref prior to Derby..........................tiresome!

Only tiresome if it wasnt then proven to be the case.