PDA

View Full Version : Back the team till the end

FromTheCapital
22-04-2014, 10:57 PM
I know it's been another awful season to be a Hibee and I'll probably get a few people disagreeing with me but now is not the time to 'boycott' the team and the club. Do whatever you wish at the end of the season but right now we need to pull together and give the team on the park our support, even if a lot of them are a heap of pish. That's what the summer is for! We need to all come out on Sunday, at home to Partick & Killie because it would be an absolute disaster if this football club found itself in the play-off spot and facing potential relegation. Get right behind the lads till the end, because it's vital that we are a Premiership club next season. We've got one of the best supports in Scotland, we've came out in our numbers before and been disappointed but we need to show everyone that we are Hibs, and we shouldn't be where we are. And, let's hope it gives the players a kick up the back side as well. So come on everyone, stick it out, till the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehf
22-04-2014, 11:15 PM
I know it's been another awful season to be a Hibee and I'll probably get a few people disagreeing with me but now is not the time to 'boycott' the team and the club. Do whatever you wish at the end of the season but right now we need to pull together and give the team on the park our support, even if a lot of them are a heap of pish. That's what the summer is for! We need to all come out on Sunday, at home to Partick & Killie because it would be an absolute disaster if this football club found itself in the play-off spot and facing potential relegation. Get right behind the lads till the end, because it's vital that we are a Premiership club next season. We've got one of the best supports in Scotland, we've came out in our numbers before and been disappointed but we need to show everyone that we are Hibs, and we shouldn't be where we are. And, let's hope it gives the players a kick up the back side as well. So come on everyone, stick it out, till the end!

:agree:

WHAM
23-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Agree 100% mate.

We are almost in a relegation dog fight and the support can't abandon the club now. No matter how bad we are at the minute, we need less of the defeatist attitudes and must stay defiant until the end of the season.

No Surrender :greengrin

Chibs
23-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Agree 100% mate.

We are almost in a relegation dog fight and the support can't abandon the club now. No matter how bad we are at the minute, we need less of the defeatist attitudes and must stay defiant until the end of the season.

No Surrender :greengrin
Totally agree.
But can we leave No Surrender to other teams.
this is not a troll.

Sean1875
23-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Whilst I do agree with you to an extent, our options are very limited for what we can do during the summer. Some sort of sign (literally or figuratively) at our next four games may be the answer, but turning up in vast numbers, as Hibs supporters have done week in and week out despite the absolute dross weve had to endure, and carrying on as if theres nothing wrong with the whole body of our club may not show the board thetrue and real disappointment, and even disgust, at the way our club is going.

jakeshibs
23-04-2014, 02:43 PM

well said totally agree

jakeshibs
23-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Whilst I do agree with you to an extent, our options are very limited for what we can do during the summer. Some sort of sign (literally or figuratively) at our next four games may be the answer, but turning up in vast numbers, as Hibs supporters have done week in and week out despite the absolute dross weve had to endure, and carrying on as if theres nothing wrong with the whole body of our club may not show the board thetrue and real disappointment, and even disgust, at the way our club is going.

lets support the club until the end, we are all in this together and not being there does not help our future, come on we can do this and leave what ever you want to do to show the board your disappointment until the season is finished as we need everyone to help keep us up and not add more concerns until we are safe, just my opinion

Sean1875
23-04-2014, 02:53 PM
lets support the club until the end, we are all in this together and not being there does not help our future, come on we can do this and leave what ever you want to do to show the board your disappointment until the season is finished as we need everyone to help keep us up and not add more concerns until we are safe, just my opinion

I've not said we shouldnt be there, but just out of interest, how are we meant to show the board our disappointment over the summer when we dont have any games? There's never going to be a good time to do it. Doing it now people will say we should be pushing the team on to finish the season well, doing it at the start of next season and people will say we shouldnt be starting the season on a negative note, doing it in the middle of the season and people will complain we shouldnt be showing negativity towards the board when we have a track record of performing badly enough during the winter months. Its going to be a tough process to show the board our distain and there is never going to be a comfortable time to do it

WHAM
23-04-2014, 03:23 PM
I've not said we shouldnt be there, but just out of interest, how are we meant to show the board our disappointment over the summer when we dont have any games? There's never going to be a good time to do it. Doing it now people will say we should be pushing the team on to finish the season well, doing it at the start of next season and people will say we shouldnt be starting the season on a negative note, doing it in the middle of the season and people will complain we shouldnt be showing negativity towards the board when we have a track record of performing badly enough during the winter months. Its going to be a tough process to show the board our distain and there is never going to be a comfortable time to do it

It's a difficult one trying to balance our support for the team but also at the same time protest at the direction the club is taking.

I like what they sometimes do on the continent...everyone holds off outside the ground for about 5-10mins into the game then pile in singing etc.

At the end of the day a protest of some sort and of decent size is the only way the board will taken notice. It only took a noisy few dozen to go round to the main stand after the league cup derby defeat for Fenlon to eventually get binned.

emerald green
23-04-2014, 06:12 PM

Sean, if the owner and the board of directors of Hibernian Football Club are not aware of how the vast majority of the club's supporters are feeling right now, and have been for quite some time, then they must have been living on the moon. There is absolutely no way they can claim to be unaware of the fans anger and disillusion. It's their job and responsibility to know about these things. Yes, lets get right behind the team until the end of the season, DESPITE HOW MANY ARE FEELING RIGHT NOW.

madhatter
23-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Sean, if the owner and the board of directors of Hibernian Football Club are not aware of how the vast majority of the club's supporters are feeling right now, and have been for quite some time, then they must have been living on the moon. There is absolutely no way they can claim to be unaware of the fans anger and disillusion. It's their job and responsibility to know about these things. Yes, lets get right behind the team until the end of the season, DESPITE HOW MANY ARE FEELING RIGHT NOW.

I'm 100% for getting right behind the club. I just hope that rather than sitting on their hands and seeing us turn up in numbers again and again, they may actually go, "hang on, we shouldn't just be living in the hope that no matter how bad it gets we'll still get a fair few fans turning up because we'll always have the die-hard fans who will turn up and back the team till the end". In no way a dig, just stating that I feel, as fans, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I still maintain Pat Fenlon stayed for so long because of 2 pathetic cup finals - granted cheated somewhat in the first (penalty for foul about 5 yards outside the box and Black's blatant elbow in first half) but ridiculously poor in both nevertheless. He kept his job after the Finals, European embarrassment and everything else not just because Petrie was trying to stop the trend but also because during these dreary seasons, he would have seen the "positives" - packed ER for Malmo game and big turnouts for Finals... Oh and the comeback against Falkirk with fans going mental at Leigh's unbelievable strike. Unlike other clubs atm, I don't feel our show of passion for our club enthuses any action from board or owner. To some extent it shouldn't but a little would be nice! The really sad part is that our support doesn't even seem to improve the players' misdemeanor either.

Having said all this, I suggested "celebrating" no matter what during Derby in another thread and was shot down so maybe after all that is said and done, fans are indeed fickle. Happy to say "let's support the team no matter" but shoot down "let's have a bit of fun as fans - we deserve it"...No matter how much I love the club, my happiness is still more important, sorry.

JMac
23-04-2014, 07:00 PM
I will only back players who deserve it, therefore I won't be backing them this season

jane_says
23-04-2014, 10:03 PM
I will only back players who deserve it, therefore I won't be backing them this season

You won't be missed pal.

JMac
24-04-2014, 10:19 PM
You won't be missed pal.
Me individually obviously won't be missed, but the hundreds/thousands of hibs fans feeling the exact same way as me will be heavily missed.

basehibby
25-04-2014, 12:49 AM

:top marks Folk are quite entitled to hold their powder dry re next season - right now we need to do all we can to back the team - we are in a corner - lets come out fighting! Of course we can't play the football on the pitch for them but we can do our bit in the stands to make ER the most hostile place in the league for OTHER TEAMS - starting Sunday.

jakeshibs
25-04-2014, 07:41 AM
:top marks Folk are quite entitled to hold their powder dry re next season - right now we need to do all we can to back the team - we are in a corner - lets come out fighting! Of course we can't play the football on the pitch for them but we can do our bit in the stands to make ER the most hostile place in the league for OTHER TEAMS - starting Sunday.

I am in , mon the hibs

Golden Bear
25-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Passion, speed, imagination, skill - words used by Ryan Giggs to describe how he envisaged his beloved Man United would play while he's the Boss.

Are you listening TB and Co?

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2014, 05:31 PM
You won't be missed pal.

I beg to differ, its people like him that are growing from week to week.

Billychaotic182
25-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Really wish I could get excited and up for this match I really really do

But every time we show up in out numbers we are let down

Celtic final
Malmo
Raith game
Every hearts game bar one
Just the other week against St Mirren

I just can't say ok lets do it again. I have chosen to work that day and record the game. And I don't know if I will even watch it. Hibs just don't get me excited anymore and that really kills me as watching hibs play was all I use to look forward too.

Soon this season is over with the better. These players are killing my club and I know I'm not te only one who is close to giving up. I say that but I never could turn my back on my team. It's in my blood

ekhibee
25-04-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm 100% for getting right behind the club. I just hope that rather than sitting on their hands and seeing us turn up in numbers again and again, they may actually go, "hang on, we shouldn't just be living in the hope that no matter how bad it gets we'll still get a fair few fans turning up because we'll always have the die-hard fans who will turn up and back the team till the end". In no way a dig, just stating that I feel, as fans, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I still maintain Pat Fenlon stayed for so long because of 2 pathetic cup finals - granted cheated somewhat in the first (penalty for foul about 5 yards outside the box and Black's blatant elbow in first half) but ridiculously poor in both nevertheless. He kept his job after the Finals, European embarrassment and everything else not just because Petrie was trying to stop the trend but also because during these dreary seasons, he would have seen the "positives" - packed ER for Malmo game and big turnouts for Finals... Oh and the comeback against Falkirk with fans going mental at Leigh's unbelievable strike. Unlike other clubs atm, I don't feel our show of passion for our club enthuses any action from board or owner. To some extent it shouldn't but a little would be nice! The really sad part is that our support doesn't even seem to improve the players' misdemeanor either.

Having said all this, I suggested "celebrating" no matter what during Derby in another thread and was shot down so maybe after all that is said and done, fans are indeed fickle. Happy to say "let's support the team no matter" but shoot down "let's have a bit of fun as fans - we deserve it"...No matter how much I love the club, my happiness is still more important, sorry.
Excellent post, and one I agree with wholeheartedly. I also think it's so depressing when we highlight the excellent training facilities that we have, that it consistently seems to have little or no effect on the 1st teams' performances.

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2014, 06:52 PM
You won't be missed pal.

i bet RP totally disagrees with you......as do i

stoneyburn hibs
25-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Most Hibs fans in attendance will back Hibs for the 90 but i dont think im wrong in saying that even disregarding the result, it will be the last in a long time that a lot of fans return if there is no fight/desire in the team. I am going out of duty on Sunday and dreading it.