PDA

View Full Version : Fao auckland based hibees

KWJ
22-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey Guys,

If anybody is keen for the derby on Sunday night (11:45pm) The Paddington down in Parnell told me if I could rustle up a few bodies that would partake in a bevvy then they'd give us a lappy to bung it on in their wee side pool room that has a big screen and with a bit of imagination can be like a terracing.

Could be brutal but does anybody fancy it?

The Scottish Cup final was a good get together despite the result.

:flag::saltireflag:cheers::hi::lolyam::yamlaugh:

Ah smilies.

muzzhfc
22-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Any bay of plenty hibees out there?

Steven_Hibs
23-04-2014, 12:02 AM
I used to live in Auckland between 07-09. My uncle is a Jambo and he lives in the bay of plenty. Ohope. No hopey more like :greengrin

spike220
23-04-2014, 03:43 AM
Hey Guys,

If anybody is keen for the derby on Sunday night (11:45pm) The Paddington down in Parnell told me if I could rustle up a few bodies that would partake in a bevvy then they'd give us a lappy to bung it on in their wee side pool room that has a big screen and with a bit of imagination can be like a terracing.

Ah smilies.

Yep I could be up for that!

Auckland Hibs
24-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Hey Guys,

Ah smilies.

Un/fortunately making the most of the long weekend with a trip away to Coromandel so will have to pass this time - don't really fancy us on Sunday so may be a blessing in disguise that I'm away.

Callum_62
24-04-2014, 02:56 AM
Would've been keen, but I've just had me tonsils out....and it aint pleasant at all!

I fancy us for some weird reason too!

Will be watching from the comfort of my living room though

Mixu62
24-04-2014, 03:52 AM
Live in parnell but got an early start on Monday so will pass. Can also see us being on the wrong end of a hiding sadly.

spike220
26-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Hey Guys,

Ah smilies.

Well it looks like this could be a rather quiet affair, so I watch at home. Where in Auckland do you live?

KWJ
26-04-2014, 05:31 AM
Looks like we'll give this one a miss. No cup final this year but be good to get together for another game at some point, maybe even the world cup but hopefully no the relegation play offs :wink:

I'm in Parnell too now.

Auckland Hibs
15-05-2014, 11:06 PM
FAO: Auckland Hibees,

Just wondering if anyone fancies getting together for the play-off game in Auckland?

The Paddington or Foxes will be options as both can show streams - pretty sure the 1st leg will kick off Thursday 22nd May @ 6:45am.

Let me know if your keen and we can arrange something.

Cheers.

Paul

spike220
16-05-2014, 02:00 AM
FAO: Auckland Hibees,

Just wondering if anyone fancies getting together for the play-off game in Auckland?

The Paddington or Foxes will be options as both can show streams - pretty sure the 1st leg will kick off Thursday 22nd May @ 6:45am.

Let me know if your keen and we can arrange something.

Cheers.

Paul

Yes Id be up for it. to early to drink though, do they do a breakfast?

Mixu62
16-05-2014, 04:11 AM
Work is getting in the way of my drinking and watching Hibs games. Maybe 2nd leg, it's a weekend eh?

Auckland Hibs
16-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes Id be up for it. to early to drink though, do they do a breakfast?

Too early for drinks but The Paddington do a pretty decent breakfast, watched a few Champions League games this year early in the morning.

Will drop them a line to see if they can open for 6:45am - anyone know what stream will show the game?

Cheers.

Auckland Hibs
16-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Work is getting in the way of my drinking and watching Hibs games. Maybe 2nd leg, it's a weekend eh?

It will be a Monday morning 2am kick off which is pretty crap - watching it outside the house will depend on the 1st leg result but I will post the details of the 1st leg once I have something confirmed.

Cheers.

:flag:

Steve-O
17-05-2014, 04:01 AM
Too early for drinks but The Paddington do a pretty decent breakfast, watched a few Champions League games this year early in the morning.

Will drop them a line to see if they can open for 6:45am - anyone know what stream will show the game?

Cheers.

Would've thought Hibs International will show it, but nothing on the site as yet...

Auckland Hibs
17-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Would've thought Hibs International will show it, but nothing on the site as yet...

Cheers

Auckland Hibs
17-05-2014, 05:28 AM
Ok - the manager at The Paddington is happy to stream the game on Thursday but they need at least 20 people in attendance to make it worth their while opening up at 6:45am (to cover the Bar Staff & Kitchen).

http://www.thepaddington.co.nz/

I have 3 people keen so far - if you fancy meeting up then can you either drop me a PM or add your name to the thread.

Cheers.

Paul

spike220
17-05-2014, 06:30 AM
Ok - the manager at The Paddington is happy to stream the game on Thursday but they need at least 20 people in attendance to make it worth their while opening up at 6:45am (to cover the Bar Staff & Kitchen).

http://www.thepaddington.co.nz/

I have 3 people keen so far - if you fancy meeting up then can you either drop me a PM or add your name to the thread.

Cheers.

Paul

Nice one Paul, lets hope we get the numbers.

Auckland Hibs
19-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Guys,

Unfortunately due to various work commitments and a few other people being out of Auckland this week it looks unlikely that we will have the 20+ people in attendance for The Paddington to stream the game.

Will drop a message to the Auckland Hibs Guys once the World Cup starts for us to meet up in town for a beer or two.

Cheers.

Paul

KWJ
19-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Ah sorry didn't see this originally.

Would've come down to watch but unless it was going terribly I wouldn't have been indulging in the beers so I doubt the Pad would've been too happy. The timings really aren't great for us.

Shall be watching in the house with a coffee & sweat on.

spike220
19-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Ah sorry didn't see this originally.

Would've come down to watch but unless it was going terribly I wouldn't have been indulging in the beers so I doubt the Pad would've been too happy. The timings really aren't great for us.

Shall be watching in the house with a coffee & sweat on.

Is it on Hibs TV?

Time For Heroes
20-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Is it on Hibs TV?

Gutted for you lads, not long moved back from Oz, horrible waiting on others to view a game.
Hope you all get to see it.
ggthh

KWJ
20-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Is it on Hibs TV?

It's on tv back home which makes it viewable here.

Rory
20-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Sorry to go off subject. I'm looking for advice for working / living in nz . I've thought about it for years and would like to hear others experience , trials & tribulations .

And no, it's not to do with escaping our predicament !

Ggtth

Steve-O
20-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Sorry to go off subject. I'm looking for advice for working / living in nz . I've thought about it for years and would like to hear others experience , trials & tribulations .

Ggtth

If you want laid back...do it :agree:

I came over 6 years ago for a 1 year working holiday! :greengrin

Auckland Hibs
20-05-2014, 08:05 AM

Ggtth

Do it - depending on your age, you should be able to get a work visa fairly easily.

Great lifestyle, especially if you enjoy the outdoors and have a family.

Go to the nz immigration website which has loads of useful info on relocating, either permanently or on a temporary visa.

spike220
20-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Do it - depending on your age, you should be able to get a work visa fairly easily.

Go to the nz immigration website which has loads of useful info on relocating, either permanently or on a temporary visa.

:agree:

Agree :agree: 100%.......................but although I live in NZ, Edinburgh is home.

spike220
20-05-2014, 09:06 AM
It's on tv back home which makes it viewable here.

Is that on the regular Hibs TV?

spike220
20-05-2014, 09:07 AM

Where in Auckland are you?

Auckland Hibs
20-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Where in Auckland are you?

Work in Parnell and live in Eden Terrace.

You?

spike220
20-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Work in Parnell and live in Eden Terrace.

You?

I live in Howick. Work all over Auckland.

Rory
20-05-2014, 12:28 PM

im thinking going for a one year work visa initially . 40 years old but have good work experience. thanks for replies