PDA

View Full Version : I know our problem

...WentToMowAnSPL
22-04-2014, 08:11 PM
We only ever have one strong defensive line up.... As soon as one gets injured the Radom bingo generator gets deployed and the defence is shuffled and a random person is introduced,... The thing has been that this defensive line up aligned without suicidal Goalkeeper has been much better until 1 gets injured....

Why can't we promote from below and keep the same system ?

I know nothing about defensive football putting me only slightly above the incumbents...

It makes no sense having a junior reserve team in place if after one injury you have to pull in your youth coach and pull back a left midfielder... It's like having to ask your mum on for 5's ? we have had some fantastic offensive players in recent years and it's difficult but please can we have some cover in defence ?

Stax
22-04-2014, 08:26 PM
We only ever have one strong defensive line up.... As soon as one gets injured the Radom bingo generator gets deployed and the defence is shuffled and a random person is introduced,... The thing has been that this defensive line up aligned without suicidal Goalkeeper has been much better until 1 gets injured....

Why can't we promote from below and keep the same system ?

I know nothing about defensive football putting me only slightly above the incumbents...

It makes no sense having a junior reserve team in place if after one injury you have to pull in your youth coach and pull back a left midfielder... It's like having to ask your mum on for 5's ? we have had some fantastic offensive players in recent years and it's difficult but please can we have some cover in defence ?
Fair point, agree 100%, but as has been said before the constant change of managers and their "styles" often prevents this. The whole club should be geared to play in a certain way through the academies to the 1st team. I know it's not as simple as that but what's the point of an academy / good facilities if your not aiming to produce players who can step up?

...WentToMowAnSPL
22-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Fair point, agree 100%, but as has been said before the constant change of managers and their "styles" often prevents this. The whole club should be geared to play in a certain way through the academies to the 1st team. I know it's not as simple as that but what's the point of an academy / good facilities if your not aiming to produce players who can step up?

How did Paul Hanlon and Jordan Foster get their chances ? and JF as a first team LB was doing a great job.... Why not promote others from the youngsters...this is always how we have prospered best in my view

Stax
22-04-2014, 08:50 PM
How did Paul Hanlon and Jordan Foster get their chances ? and JF as a first team LB was doing a great job.... Why not promote others from the youngsters...this is always how we have prospered best in my view
Callum Booth as well IMO. Hope his time at Raith has stood him in good stead and he gets his chance next season.

Ronniekirk
23-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Agree that we have to an extent not utilised the academy properly yet as change of manager always brings a different perspective on a player and dome young players that looked promising were not given a proper chance .So we need to keep the same management team in place for a good few years .Howevver Stanton was always seen as a talent so the very best will stand out and get there chance .the problem with the likes of Foster I and some others ( will exclude Harris as he needs full pre season behind him and we will see if he recovers from his injury and regains form ) is that they come in do well in one position ,but then go out team and change of manager brings him back in but puts him to full back .Then he finds himself back in middle with new partner and yet he is trying to develop as a player but finds himself under intense scrutiny and every mistake highlighted .Must be difficult .but we have so little cover we can't leave him out .

Jones28
23-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Constant managerial changes and season after season of transition is our problem.

leggeto
23-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Its lucky we have a good goalie or we'd be down by now,remember Ollie the last time we went down

eggbamyasi
23-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Constant managerial changes and season after season of transition is our problem.

Agree

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk