PDA

View Full Version : The difference in attitudes.

Centre Hawf
22-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Our players say this (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-jordon-forster-hopes-hearts-survive-1-3358292?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it) in the build up to a derby

While Danny Wilson and other Hearts players consistently seem to be up for it like this (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hearts-skipper-danny-wilson-unmoved-by-hibs-plight-1-3383760?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it)

Where is the fight and hunger to put the ******g boot in over them that they seem to have for us?! Christ it's like we resign to losing before we even go out on the field at times. Can we stop being nice and pally and be "bad *******s" people were sitting complaining about if Thomson made a meal of Goodwins tackle etc, who cares? He got someone sent off and it should have helped our cause on the day.

Now's the time to adopt the survival mentality and not let anyone get in our way no matter who we hurt or what they think of us. Show a desire to keep this club up and salvage what little pride we have left.

Unseen work
22-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with what Forster said and IMO I agree, I will miss the Derbys is we are in different leagues. I want the spl to get big attendances and get as much coverage as possible and hibs vs hearts games are the ones that get that along with the sold out stadium and atmosphere

S4uzee
22-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Our players say this (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-jordon-forster-hopes-hearts-survive-1-3358292?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it) in the build up to a derby

While Danny Wilson and other Hearts players consistently seem to be up for it like this (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hearts-skipper-danny-wilson-unmoved-by-hibs-plight-1-3383760?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it)

Where is the fight and hunger to put the ******g boot in over them that they seem to have for us?! Christ it's like we resign to losing before we even go out on the field at times. Can we stop being nice and pally and be "bad *******s" people were sitting complaining about if Thomson made a meal of Goodwins tackle etc, who cares? He got someone sent off and it should have helped our cause on the day.

Now's the time to adopt the survival mentality and not let anyone get in our way no matter who we hurt or what they think of us. Show a desire to keep this club up and salvage what little pride we have left.
It was like this before the last derby. Hibs players saying they were not bothered about relegating hearts but the hearts players were saying they wanted to win to bring Hibs further down. Bizarre attitude indeed

Centre Hawf
22-04-2014, 05:16 PM
It was like this before the last derby. Hibs players saying they were not bothered about relegating hearts but the hearts players were saying they wanted to win to bring Hibs further down. Bizarre attitude indeed

Exactly mate, its called a rivalry for a reason. Yet it doesn't feel like the players understand that at times, on our side at least.

emerald green
22-04-2014, 05:56 PM

Agree with this mate. Hibs have been as soft as s**** on and off the pitch for years. Can you imagine someone like Roy Keane for example being all palsy walsy wi the yaks? No chance. That's the winning and aggressive mentality that got him to be captain of Manchester Utd and a large haul of medals, and why some of the people disgracing our famous club will always be losers.

Onion
22-04-2014, 06:12 PM

The right answer is probably somewhere in between.

Wilson just sounds like every other Hibs-obsessed Yam. We define them. Their world revolves around us. It's unprofessional and smacks of a wee man mentality.

On the flip side, the Hibs camp try to play it all down and treat it like any other game. That would be fine if the team did its talking on the pitch but they don't. So when they get stuffed, they get accused of not giving a ****.

All the Yams are trying to do is intimidate the Hibs players and play up to their own small-minded fans. And mostly it works.

Leith Green
22-04-2014, 06:26 PM
The right answer is probably somewhere in between.

Wilson just sounds like every other Hibs-obsessed Yam. We define them. Their world revolves around us. It's unprofessional and smacks of a wee man mentality.

On the flip side, the Hibs camp try to play it all down and treat it like any other game. That would be fine if the team did its talking on the pitch but they don't. So when they get stuffed, they get accused of not giving a ****.

All the Yams are trying to do is intimidate the Hibs players and play up to their own small-minded fans. And mostly it works.

The fact of the matter is that they are obsessed with beating us and being better than us, the players they sign buy into it, their younger players have it absolutly hammered into them. It comes accross before the derby, and in defeat and victories.. We on the other hand come accross as either scared or not wanting to upset them..

Look at our derby record and tell us what you think is the better attitude to have? Foster really annoyed me before the last derby, along the lines of him hoping Hearts stay up. Sorry but for me he should be despising Hearts as a club and thats how it needs to be or just dont come out in the press in the build up to the derby wi that , it should be drummed into our players constantly that we hate Hearts and beating them is more important than anything and it should come accross like that to everyone.

in a country where trophy wins are scarce, the derby really should be what its all about

Springbank
22-04-2014, 06:31 PM
They cheated local people out of a job

They cheated us out of 2 cups distorting tournaments as they went

Yet Jordan foster was weeping for them?

No Jordan, let them rot, MAKE them rot
Grow a fxxxing pair

Did Celtic sign Scott brown because he was a nice boy?
Did they fxxx

They signed him because they respected him
They signed him because they feared him
They signed him because he beat them

Springbank
22-04-2014, 06:31 PM
^^ and that's what football is all about

Diclonius
22-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Hearts as a club actively encourage badmouthing and fighting talk from their players in the lead up to the derby.

If any of our players said the same thing, Petrie would probably try to fine them.

Therein lies the difference. I used to respect the dignified approach we took to Hearts but now I've realised just how ****ing spineless it is. It's a losing mentality.

Centre Hawf
22-04-2014, 06:41 PM
They cheated local people out of a job

They cheated us out of 2 cups distorting tournaments as they went

Yet Jordan foster was weeping for them?

No Jordan, let them rot, MAKE them rot
Grow a fxxxing pair

Did Celtic sign Scott brown because he was a nice boy?
Did they fxxx

They signed him because they respected him
They signed him because they feared him
They signed him because he beat them

Exactly this. We don't have the guts to be winners and it makes me sick to my stomach that this attitude has taken over the club.

NOLA
22-04-2014, 06:47 PM
you hear it from hearts players/staff all the time, "we cannae lose to hibs, no matter what dont lose" more often than not it breeds wins in a no surrender stylee where as we go into derbys saying "we are due one" if we dont work our socks off we dont deserve anything, we are not due anything in these games, the team that wins is the better team, full stop.

Onion
22-04-2014, 09:06 PM
The fact of the matter is that they are obsessed with beating us and being better than us, the players they sign buy into it, their younger players have it absolutly hammered into them. It comes accross before the derby, and in defeat and victories.. We on the other hand come accross as either scared or not wanting to upset them..

Look at our derby record and tell us what you think is the better attitude to have? Foster really annoyed me before the last derby, along the lines of him hoping Hearts stay up. Sorry but for me he should be despising Hearts as a club and thats how it needs to be or just dont come out in the press in the build up to the derby wi that , it should be drummed into our players constantly that we hate Hearts and beating them is more important than anything and it should come accross like that to everyone.

in a country where trophy wins are scarce, the derby really should be what its all about

Agree with a lot of that but as I say IMHO the answer is somewhere in the middle. If you go back to when we were last derby dominant with Sauzee, Latas, Mixu... you never heard them obsessing about the Yams. They didn't have to, they had class. They knew they were better than that lot and won with class and dignity.

Everyone agrees we're far too soft and accepting of defeat - esp against the Yams - but this team are simply incapable of backing up any bravado talk with action. They are a mess.

We just have to hope that somehow the Hibs players get motivated and can stuff the Yam's misplaced bravado down their relegated throats. The fact that they'd shot their mouths off would just make it all the sweeter.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Danny Wilson is a cock. To be fair though if you read that article he doesn't actually say anything about wanting us to go down

ehf
22-04-2014, 11:06 PM
you hear it from hearts players/staff all the time, "we cannae lose to hibs, no matter what dont lose" more often than not it breeds wins in a no surrender stylee where as we go into derbys saying "we are due one" if we dont work our socks off we dont deserve anything, we are not due anything in these games, the team that wins is the better team, full stop.

Lewis Stevenson really cares; none of the other players do.

silverhibee
22-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Lewis Stevenson really cares; none of the other players do.

Nonsense.

monktonharp
22-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Nonsense.name them,apart from Katie, when it comes to talking about our situation, they are all to wishy washy with comments like we are definitely up for the coming fixture, we know whats at stake etc. I want my team to stand up, chests out (k.Thompson) and make the gorgie mob know they've been in a game, get ****ing intae them this weekend!

Magnifique
23-04-2014, 07:27 AM
name them,apart from Katie, when it comes to talking about our situation, they are all to wishy washy with comments like we are definitely up for the coming fixture, we know whats at stake etc. I want my team to stand up, chests out (k.Thompson) and make the gorgie mob know they've been in a game, get ****ing intae them this weekend!

Only Hibs could surrender the bragging rights to a relegated cheating bunch of *********

None of this pish 1 up front nonsense set the team up full of our quicker forward players (I know, not many) and go for the Jugular

Leith Green
23-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Agree with a lot of that but as I say IMHO the answer is somewhere in the middle. If you go back to when we were last derby dominant with Sauzee, Latas, Mixu... you never heard them obsessing about the Yams. They didn't have to, they had class. They knew they were better than that lot and won with class and dignity.

Everyone agrees we're far too soft and accepting of defeat - esp against the Yams - but this team are simply incapable of backing up any bravado talk with action. They are a mess.

We just have to hope that somehow the Hibs players get motivated and can stuff the Yam's misplaced bravado down their relegated throats. The fact that they'd shot their mouths off would just make it all the sweeter.

Fair doos, but lets not forget that during that spell our team was full of born leaders who got the club.. We had Yogi, mixu, sauzee, Jack to name a few, managed by a born leader.. Also that spell lasted 18 months - 2 years as well.. Hearts regularly dominate the derby even when they shouldnt be favourites, a lot of that is down to attitude and mindset, and that for me should be getting hammered into them from the very top of our club..

One Day
23-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Hearts as a club actively encourage badmouthing and fighting talk from their players in the lead up to the derby.

If any of our players said the same thing, Petrie would probably try to fine them.

Therein lies the difference. I used to respect the dignified approach we took to Hearts but now I've realised just how ****ing spineless it is. It's a losing mentality.

or sack them like he did with the DJ

Ronniekirk
23-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Fair doos, but lets not forget that during that spell our team was full of born leaders who got the club.. We had Yogi, mixu, sauzee, Jack to name a few, managed by a born leader.. Also that spell lasted 18 months - 2 years as well.. Hearts regularly dominate the derby even when they shouldnt be favourites, a lot of that is down to attitude and mindset, and that for me should be getting hammered into them from the very top of our club..
Fenlon identified this issue as something he knew that club needed to address,but he didn't then do that ,so yes we are back to those at the top of the club not picking right person for job Am sure that's why this time Petrie thought he had done the right thing bringiTB and his team ,but until we see who he brings in over the summer we won't really know as three loan players at end of January transfer window probably isn't best time to judge .However our image as a club at present is taking a battering ,and our Performances so bad that persuading the right type of player to come to us gets more difficult than if he had managed to at least keep us comfortably in seventh.Some in the Media questioned his track record and wondered if he would be able to recreate what he did at Inverness with us .He now knows the scale of the job and I do hope he turns us round or both ours and his reputation will be furtherTarnished.

WHAM
23-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Hearts tannoy announcer rips the p**s at every opportunity.

Hibs tannoy announcer rips the pish once and gets sacked.

Jim44
23-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Foster sounds like Petrie's office boy. Of-course Petrie wants to have games against the Jambos but it has nothing to do with football. We will never have the upper hand against them while soft, sensible ( Petrie economics) attitudes prevail. My god, I wish we had half their focussed obsession about dominating them.

greenpaper55
23-04-2014, 08:31 AM
When we had the upper hand for nearly ten years we had Stanton and O'rourke who were dyed in the wool Hibs fans but the main reason we dominated was we had better players-simple. If we had a better squad we would win more often, look at the Manchester derby, city could never beat united then they get better players they beat them . It's not any kind of magic that's needed just more cash spent on the playing side of things.

Jim44
23-04-2014, 08:41 AM
When we had the upper hand for nearly ten years we had Stanton and O'rourke who were dyed in the wool Hibs fans but the main reason we dominated was we had better players-simple. If we had a better squad we would win more often, look at the Manchester derby, city could never beat united then they get better players they beat them . It's not any kind of magic that's needed just more cash spent on the playing side of things.

Speculate to accumulate? Wash you mouth out with water and carbolic soap.

23-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Totally agree, i've said it for years that this 'nicey nicey' attitude needs to go. Hearts are a detestable horrible club but its that attitude that has seen them get the better of us so many times. They HATE us with avengence, they want to beat us at any cost and at every derby regardless of how ***** they are they have such a strong will to beat us.

Time to stand up for ourselves, get in their faces etc. Too many of our players (not just in derbies btw) look so lightweight and timid and let other players bully them. Butcher was a bit of a hard man in his day, I just hope some of that rubs off on the team in time. The likes of Scott Brown etc. are not nice players to play against because they get stuck in, not afraid to get in people faces etc.

erin go bragh
23-04-2014, 08:58 AM
If the officials give you nothing and them everything it matters not a jot who works their socks off . We have been on the end of some horrendous decisions against them in the last few seasons .their players know that even if they dont play well they will get help from the men in black , which gives them a feeling of invicability against us .Unbiassed officials on Sunday and we will beat them imho .

Ggtth

Unseen work
23-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Am I missing something? Wilson doesn't say anything about us at all really other than he's not fussed who goes down and hopefully they win on Sunday.

People are using any excuse possible to slate players at the moment

Leith Green
23-04-2014, 09:17 AM
One thing I will say is that if we lose on Sunday then I fully expect quite some backlash towards the lot of them, players, manager, and most deservingly Petrie... If we lose then things are going to get very sour indeed

Bobby's Cinema
23-04-2014, 09:31 AM
One thing I will say is that if we lose on Sunday then I fully expect quite some backlash towards the lot of them, players, manager, and most deservingly Petrie... If we lose then things are going to get very sour indeed
If we concede first the anger will start to spill out. I feel p***ed off already

SlickShoes
23-04-2014, 09:39 AM
If we concede first the anger will start to spill out. I feel p***ed off already

I was all prepared on Saturday to not get too down if we went a goal behind, but when we conceded in 13 seconds it was soul crushing.

If hearts come out the traps and put some early pressure on our defence, they could just crumble again.

Bobby's Cinema
23-04-2014, 10:41 AM
I was all prepared on Saturday to not get too down if we went a goal behind, but when we conceded in 13 seconds it was soul crushing.

If hearts come out the traps and put some early pressure on our defence, they could just crumble again.
It's been the same each of the last five weeks. Folded like a pack of cards early in matches and sucked the life out of the fans.

Just need to try and stick with them, but if we go down on Sunday that will not be easy

VivaHiberņa
23-04-2014, 11:23 AM
If the officials give you nothing and them everything it matters not a jot who works their socks off . We have been on the end of some horrendous decisions against them in the last few seasons .their players know that even if they dont play well they will get help from the men in black , which gives them a feeling of invicability against us .Unbiassed officials on Sunday and we will beat them imho .

Ggtth

The ref for Sunday gave us a penalty the last time he reffed an Edinburgh derby. Is that impartial enough for you?

I know we've had some shocking decisions against us and it's clear that Thompson has something against us but if you're saying there's a bias throughout the SFA's referees against us I think you're on the wrong forum. (http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/forum/15914/)

Ronniekirk
24-04-2014, 07:04 AM
It's been the same each of the last five weeks. Folded like a pack of cards early in matches and sucked the life out of the fans.

Just need to try and stick with them, but if we go down on Sunday that will not be easy
Folded like a pack of cards. maybe on Sunday he will shuffle the pack play his joker and everything will be ace .:wink:

Alfred E Newman
24-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Folded like a pack of cards. maybe on Sunday he will shuffle the pack play his joker and everything will be ace .:wink:

However, if it doesnt work out it is no big deal and hopefully Butcher has a couple of tricks up his sleeve for the County game.if he hasn't then we are a busted flush.

HibbyRod
24-04-2014, 10:01 AM

A riot is an ugly thing ......

JimBHibees
24-04-2014, 10:23 AM

It may not be easy however it will be vital to how we do in the game. We simply cannot have the fans getting on the teams tail if we go behind as happened in the League cup game.