PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate no matter what in Derby?

madhatter
22-04-2014, 04:12 PM
I was thinking it might be worthwhile to act as if we were winning or had scored a goal in the derby no matter how we're doing...

So, good atmosphere throughout, a bit of a laugh and may potentially be an indirect spur to the players:

"Let's pretend we scored a goal!"

Shame there is no Jefferies to shout abuse at like the game against Dunfermline...good atmosphere that night (not for Jefferies though).

Just personally think it'd be better than us all solemly sitting waiting for the worst - never know, that aura could pass on to the players, maybe why they play better with less fans there. Think we also need to make it about us rather than the other half.

I've done my fair share of complaining on this forum but part of me thinks we need to entertain ourselves a bit at the games - at least do something that lifts our moral - because you can sense the negativity even before the game starts...

If we want it to, no matter what, our club will go on - the main thing is ensuring that depression and discomtempt doesn't become what, us, the fans, are known for...

:flag:

The_Todd
22-04-2014, 04:16 PM
I think celebrating an imaginary goal might be a good thing since we won't get to celebrate a real one!

Onion
22-04-2014, 04:16 PM
I was thinking it might be worthwhile to act as if we were winning or had scored a goal in the derby no matter how we're doing...

So, good atmosphere throughout, a bit of a laugh and may potentially be an indirect spur to the players:

Shame there is no Jefferies to shout abuse at like the game against Dunfermline...good atmosphere that night (not for Jefferies though).

Just personally think it'd be better than us all solemly sitting waiting for the worst - never know, that aura could pass on to the players, maybe why they play better with less fans there. Think we also need to make it about us rather than the other half.

I've done my fair share of complaining on this forum but part of me thinks we need to entertain ourselves a bit at the games - at least do something that lifts our moral - because you can sense the negativity even before the game starts...

If we want it to, no matter what, our club will go on - the main thing is ensuring that depression and discomtempt doesn't become what, us, the fans, are known for...

Think you are as in touch with the fans sentiment as Petrie. Bonkers :flag:

Jones28
22-04-2014, 04:17 PM
I think you are ****ing nuts

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Think you are as in touch with the fans sentiment as Petrie. Bonkers :flag:I dunno like, celebrating winning nowt, :hmmm: should be easy. :agree:

GreenCastle
22-04-2014, 04:18 PM
One of the strangest posts I've ever read on here :confused:

Pete
22-04-2014, 04:20 PM
A semi positive thread once again dragged down within minutes.

I can't imagine being that miserable that I feel I have to make everyone else miserable too.

Sorry, but this board really is unbearable at the moment.

madhatter
22-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Think you are as in touch with the fans sentiment as Petrie. Bonkers :flag:

Oh I am in touch, trust me. Fed up of sitting in the stands with everyone else dreading kick off, thinking of the worst, seeing the worst come to fruition and then contemplate leaving at half-time (never doing so because I'm such a big fan) and then to, in most cases, have a replay of the same emotions in the second half.

Call me bonkers. I'd rather be insane, as long as I'm a big enough nutter to not know whether I was depressed or not...

Chibs
22-04-2014, 04:24 PM

admire your spirit mate.
but let's pretend we've scored a goal.
now I enjoy the odd tipple but seriously

madhatter
22-04-2014, 04:25 PM

I can't imagine being that miserable that I feel I have to make everyone else miserable too.

Sorry, I was actually trying to be positive. Main point of the post was to basically be happier at the games. We all feel horrible at games just now and we're in a rut as fans also. Derby is not the best game for the nonsense I posted but the tension and atmosphere at the games is so bad that I feel we're in a vicious cycle where the players cannot play infront of the fans and the fans want to back their club, especially in a Derby, but expect the worst due to the horrendous form and general play we have witnessed.

When was the last time there was a really good atmosphere at ER?

The_Todd
22-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Sorry, I was actually trying to be positive. Main point of the post was to basically be happier at the games. We all feel horrible at games just now and we're in a rut as fans also. Derby is not the best game for the nonsense I posted but the tension and atmosphere at the games is so bad that I feel we're in a vicious cycle where the players cannot play infront of the fans and the fans want to back their club, especially in a Derby, but expect the worst due to the horrendous form and general play we have witnessed.

When was the last time there was a really good atmosphere at ER?

I don't think he aimed that at you.

greenpaper55
22-04-2014, 04:28 PM
I dunno like, celebrating winning nowt, :hmmm: should be easy. :agree:

:faf: Aye, and i will have twenty eight notes for the privilege thank you !

madhatter
22-04-2014, 04:28 PM
admire your spirit mate.
but let's pretend we've scored a goal.
now I enjoy the odd tipple but seriously

That was just a recent example selected because I'm not the most createful. Nevertheless, my intention was to point out that the atmosphere is so bad at the moment that I am wanting a win on Sunday but like most fans I don't think it's healthy dreading the worst before kick-off. I definitely sense the negativity in the stands - and rightfully so - just want to see better atmospheres and it'd be nice if that starting in the Derby.

madhatter
22-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I don't think he aimed that at you.

You may be right there - went swiftly on the defensive...

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Never mind celebrating no matter what, if we capitulate again, there's a good chance I'll be making for the directors box. I swear I can't take much more.

Aldo
22-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Problem you have is that it's been that long since we scored a goal the fans have forgotten what to do when we do score our next goal!!! :-)

madhatter
22-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Never mind celebrating no matter what, if we capitulate again, there's a good chance I'll be making for the directors box. I swear I can't take much more.

Yeah, we all have that feeling. I can see a mad dash for the directors box should that happen - how about we put a finish line at Petrie's seat and give out medals? :greengrin

The Sea-gull
22-04-2014, 04:39 PM

What is your view of the current situation and that of the last 4 years? It's just you seem to make a big thing on how happy you are and don't like it when people tell it how it is or be "miserable" as you put it.

Seen as I have asked you, I'll give you the courtesy of offering my view on how things are. Recent past - club has been a shambles for certainly 4 years now though others might even say about 7. As for the present - we are clearly in freefall and, unlike some, I have been unable to ignore the prospect of the play off for a good couple of months now however I do take issue with those who have us in the play off and even losing it already. We are not down yet and even if we go into the play off we should not write ourselves off so readily. I reckon one win, plus possibly a draw, from our last 4 games might just be enough to save us but perhaps the most telling thing about where we are right now as a club is the fact that the media, fans of other teams and a fair chunk of our own fans can't see us getting that.

Lucky you for not being miserable about Hibs in recent years. Maybe my problem is I want too much from my football club and you are a bit like Petrie, just happy to see it ticking along.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-04-2014, 04:40 PM
If Hibs get a throw-in near their goal-line I'll probably be stifling a semi. It's THAT grim these days.

The Green Goblin
22-04-2014, 04:41 PM
I can see what the op is getting at, I think, but I think that it's defiance and a volatile attitude towards their players and fans from start to finish which is needed rather than celebrating. We really don't have anything to celebrate and I suspect (although I hope I am wrong) that we won't have anything to celebrate at full time on Sunday. We need a result that defies all the odds and I do hope we get it, but giving them a hard time regardless of the result isn't a bad shout imo.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2014, 04:48 PM
If we see a typical derby performance from Hibs, with the usual capitulation coupled with the normal soft defending and powderpuff attack, I'll be celebrating nothing.

rcarter1
22-04-2014, 04:52 PM

Im with you! :flag:

The first league match after the Cup Final, I had the pleasure of sitting close to section 43, and those guys were bouncing all the way through, putting down any attempts of the Jambos to have their 'party'. I was well proud to be in amongst that spirit of defiance and good humour.

I miss section 43.. :boo hoo:

madhatter
22-04-2014, 05:01 PM
If we see a typical derby performance from Hibs, with the usual capitulation coupled with the normal soft defending and powderpuff attack, I'll be celebrating nothing.

I also completely understand. I just wish we weren't all in the exact same frame of mind - no criticism of you or anyone just a glaring assessment of the now. We are owed years and years of success but until that happens, I just hope we aren't all sitting collectively in such a dejected way

LioNeilMessi
22-04-2014, 05:05 PM
OPs got the right idea. A sense of humour about our situation can't hurt anyone and it may even take the edge off the poisonous home atmosphere on Sunday.

I think we should "Olé" every successful Hibs pass, the positive reinforcement will convince the players that passing is good :cb

Chibs
22-04-2014, 05:07 PM
That was just a recent example selected because I'm not the most createful. Nevertheless, my intention was to point out that the atmosphere is so bad at the moment that I am wanting a win on Sunday but like most fans I don't think it's healthy dreading the worst before kick-off. I definitely sense the negativity in the stands - and rightfully so - just want to see better atmospheres and it'd be nice if that starting in the Derby.
Mate I can guarantee you that the poppy thieves will never ever scare me

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 05:10 PM
OPs got the right idea. A sense of humour about our situation can't hurt anyone and it may even take the edge off the poisonous home atmosphere on Sunday.

I think we should "Olé" every successful Hibs pass, the positive reinforcement will convince the players that passing is good :cbYes lets laugh and celebrate at ourselves losing or no winning and make ourselves an even bigger laughing stock then Petrie has made us already. Other folk can dae what they like but I'll no be laughing or celebrating losing or no winning.

Scottie
22-04-2014, 05:11 PM
One of the strangest posts I've ever read on here :confused:
Totally bizarre . Some of what your smoking plz :aok:

basehibby
22-04-2014, 05:12 PM

:top marksExcellent plan - have seen other teams' fans do this and it's funny - and lets face it we've got the perfect excuse for nonsense like this cos we haven't scored for ***** ages!
I agree that we need to focus on getting the atmosphere up rather than just sitting there like someone just died! This should join assorted Yam pish takings along with the Standard Hibees fare to get the atmos stoked up on Sunday.

...Oh and BTW I think there's something we are totally forgetting here while wallowing in our misery - we have a 100% valid reason to celebrate - the ***** Yams - THEM - the Pinkoids are DOWN!!! DOWN!!!
DOWN!!!!!!!!

LioNeilMessi
22-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Yes lets laugh and celebrate at ourselves losing or no winning and make ourselves an even bigger laughing stock then Petrie has made us already.

So are you not a fan of Petrie?

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 05:15 PM
So are you not a fan of Petrie?:aok:

iwasthere1972
22-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Just say no to drugs.

Bonkers.

basehibby
22-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Don't listen to 'em madhatter - miserable sods :rolleyes:

There's plenty evidence out there that this has legs....just listen to these "totally bonkers" Spurs, Villa and Oxford fans....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZnYloe5rhw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpJBR_rQJk

http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/10054/great-soccer-chant-lets-pretend-weve-scored-a-goal

http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/oxford-united-chants/lets-pretend-weve-scored-goal-oxford/

madhatter
22-04-2014, 05:34 PM
In summary, I'd rather have a good time for 28quid come rain or shine. Hoping for the latter of course. I'd go home a very happy man at 3pts and a goal glut. 4-0 sounds good for starts.

However, should the unspeakable happen I'd rather go home feeling good that I had some fun with fellow hibees rather than think damn another 28 quid gone. More depression...

Of course I don't want to celebrate us losing but I can't help, using the analogy that basehibby put out, but think we are at a funeral every other Saturday and instead of watching a football match, its as if they've just cracked open a coffin in the centre circle...

I know the reasons for our dismay but I don't want to maintain it...

Phil D. Rolls
22-04-2014, 05:40 PM

Hardy, har, har.

emerald green
22-04-2014, 05:41 PM

A sense of humour about our situation. That will be the situation of potentially getting relegated, and the disaster that would be for our club you mean? Oh that! Sorry mate, I am not laughing, and I just can't find anything humorous about it.

basehibby
22-04-2014, 05:46 PM
A sense of humour about our situation. That will be the situation of potentially getting relegated, and the disaster that would be for our club you mean? Oh that! Sorry mate, I am not laughing, and I just can't find anything humorous about it.

Call it gallows humour - call it Blitz spirit - I'm with the Madhatter and will happilly imbibe some of what he's having :aok:

I think we're all naturally pished off at results and a bit worried about the playoffs possibility - but being all worried and pishy breeks about it won't help us on Sunday which is why Madhatter is right.

Cameron1875
22-04-2014, 05:48 PM
This would be quite funny I guess.
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/FC-Magdeburg-fans-pointing-giant-arrows-to-the-goal.jpg

Bronson
22-04-2014, 06:04 PM
What a terrible idea

emerald green
22-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Call it gallows humour - call it Blitz spirit - I'm with the Madhatter and will happilly imbibe some of what he's having :aok:

I think we're all naturally pished off at results and a bit worried about the playoffs possibility - but being all worried and pishy breeks about it won't help us on Sunday which is why Madhatter is right.

Na mate, the Mad Hatter isn't right IMO. Alice in Wonderland right enough. :greengrin We all have our different ways of supporting our club, and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Hoping for the guys on the pitch giving us something to shout and cheer about on Sunday. GGTTH.

SouthamptonHibs
22-04-2014, 06:21 PM
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/FC-Magdeburg-fans-pointing-giant-arrows-to-the-goal.jpg

10/10

Hermit Crab
22-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Embarrassing op

rcarter1
22-04-2014, 06:23 PM

Im with basehibby and Madhatter, in both spirt and drinking intentions. :greengrin:flag:

Bronson
22-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Embarrassing op

I agree, cringe-worthy.

Amit
22-04-2014, 06:26 PM

Now that would be funny!

Up to the Famous Five stand to pull that off!

Eyrie
22-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Wrong opponents to do this against. Save it for the Partick game.

SouthamptonHibs
22-04-2014, 06:29 PM
I was at the last party three weeks ago at tynie that lasted 6 mins, 1600 went to Saturdays game that lasted 13seconds hopefully Sundays party will last a bit longer

Hermit Crab
22-04-2014, 06:32 PM
I agree, cringe-worthy.

Absolute certainty to be copy/pasted to kickback for their own personal amusement.

Bronson
22-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Absolute certainty to be copy/pasted to kickback for their own personal amusement.

You read my mind. Rightly so, it's pretty tragic.

Zazu62
22-04-2014, 06:48 PM
I think we might play well and even score first , but I fear for us in the last 15/20 minutes , we are not used to winning football matches and I can see us fold as per. Hope not tho

madhatter
22-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Oh well. Let just have fun.;

The_Todd
22-04-2014, 06:54 PM

Someones got to ask, so it may as we'll be me. Here goes: so what, frankly? Let's stop caring about what Kickback think.

rcarter1
22-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Someones got to ask, so it may as we'll be me. Here goes: so what, frankly? Let's stop caring about what Kickback think.

:clapper: Indeed, Im going to Easter Road to squeeze every little bit of amusement at their failures, and (hopefully) cheer our successes. Relegation or not, I don't care what they think, and Id rather go down smiling. The time for serious reassessment is after the season come what may. The depression and hopelessness is no use, no matter how understandable it is. Im not turning up to sit on my hands and mope. Bring it on!

Zazu62
22-04-2014, 07:19 PM

Who cares lol !

chrisski33
22-04-2014, 07:33 PM

Seriously whats there to be positive about at the moment??? Get your head out of the sand

marinello59
22-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Seriously whats there to be positive about at the moment??? Get your head out of the sand

I don't know a single Hibs fan who is not aware of how serious a postion we are in. That doesn't mean we all have to wallow in self pity. Your head in the sand remark is petty at best.

basehibby
22-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Wrong opponents to do this against. Save it for the Partick game.

I'm fully expecting (alright hoping!) we'll have scored at least one by then.

basehibby
22-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I was at the last party three weeks ago at tynie that lasted 6 mins, 1600 went to Saturdays game that lasted 13seconds hopefully Sundays party will last a bit longer

Without being "head in he sand" about anything, Hearts' relegation party on Sunday is entitled to last the full 90 mins - regardless of the final score Hearts will still be going down while Hibs will still have their fate in their own hands.

Aldo
22-04-2014, 08:02 PM
I think we will win on Sunday. There and before you all ask I've no been drinking and I've taken ma tablets!!

Onion
22-04-2014, 08:16 PM
I think we will win on Sunday. There and before you all ask I've no been drinking and I've taken ma tablets!!

So which unfortunate Hearts player scores the own goal :cb ?

SteveHFC
22-04-2014, 08:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/CztzXEh.gif

Aldo
22-04-2014, 08:20 PM
So which unfortunate Hearts player scores the own goal :cb ?

Don't give a flying hoot onion tbh. 2 own goals one own goal makes no odds mate. ;-)

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 08:23 PM
What tablets ,as think we could all do with them happy pills you've taken .:wink:

SteveHFC
22-04-2014, 08:25 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/juhf.gif

Aldo
22-04-2014, 08:28 PM
What tablets ,as think we could all do with them happy pills you've taken .:wink:

Now that would be tellin Ronnie!!!! ;-)

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2014, 08:35 PM
The 2nd bizzare thread from Madhatter :hmmm:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Strange thread! jump about like mongs then not panic too much when Hearts score cos we were already an imaginary goal up. Why not celebrate an imaginary try, we might get a draw at FT.

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2014, 09:13 PM
can i ask(out of curiosity) who is it that's scored our imaginary goal :hyper:

Glory Lurker
22-04-2014, 09:18 PM

Santa.

Onion
22-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Strange thread! jump about like mongs then not panic too much when Hearts score cos we were already an imaginary goal up. Why not celebrate an imaginary try, we might get a draw at FT.

What we really need are hallucinogenics, and plenty of them. Then we can just refuse to accept any ref decisions, ignore the final score, points awarded or league position. We can claim the Premiership, raise the flag over ER and insist on other clubs applauding our world class players onto the pitch.

Too much ?

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Santa.

hey, i've know since my late 30's there's no santa :(

madhatter
22-04-2014, 09:24 PM
The 2nd bizzare thread from Madhatter :hmmm:

Haha don't think it's that bizarre, just would like to see a really good atmosphere on Sunday! We've been depressed while losing for long enough and whilst we can't have a great effect on garbage players we can have a fairly big one on our experience.

I'd rather mess about and leave knowing it was £28 not necessarily blown should we lose than be miserable for yet another weekend. I actually have a sneaky feeling that the players might shake a leg this weekend and one of them is bound to shake it at the right moment to divert the ball into the net... I suspect that a 2-0 win is on the horizon. I suspect not having a nervous/tense atmosphere may well assist on this anyway.

In all honesty, I know due to lack of an obscene amount of cash, I can do nothing for the club and I can't do anything about these players either. If I got my coaching badges done and magically became TB's replacement or won the EuroMillions I'd happily have a greater effect on the general running of the club...

However, until such days come and until we are where we should be I'd rather be a bit happier on my Saturdays. If that involves being "bizarre" so be it - as I believe I stated on another post, I would willingly be bizarre or a wee bit mental over having a dejected feeling to do with Hibs atm - it's been too long now...

It's not as if the current recipe is working! :brickwall

At the end of the day, do whatever you want to do - as long as it makes you happy! :aok:

madhatter
22-04-2014, 09:25 PM

Collins of course. It won't be imaginary though.

FranckSuzy
22-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Collins of course. It won't be imaginary though.

Serious question....have you been a long-time reader of this forum and just decided to join .net or do you normally post on another Hibs forum? Seems a wee bit bizarre, if you don't mind me saying, that you've just joined up here and yet you post threads like this :confused: No offence :aok:

Sir David Gray
22-04-2014, 09:36 PM

Use your imagination.

madhatter
22-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Serious question....have you been a long-time reader of this forum and just decided to join .net or do you normally post on another Hibs forum? Seems a wee bit bizarre, if you don't mind me saying, that you've just joined up here and yet you post threads like this :confused: No offence :aok:

No problem. I joined here because I couldn't be bothered joining previously mainly to do with what I've read - I didn't want to get involved in needless arguments over silly things. In terms of posting things like this? I don't think this is so ridiculous to have had the reaction I've got to be honest. I know it's the derby but is everyone else singing and dancing down the streets on Saturdays or something? I get questions over a post like this as if it is horrendous but yet there is a whole list of posts regarding the hopelessness of the team - why not question that? Most people are happy to jump on the bandwagon on slagging the team to bits - e.g. it is James Collins or Joan Collins we have?

I post something to be taken positively, granted a bit strange and it's treated as if I had committed a cardinal sin...

Also, I find no relevance in whether I have been a long-time reader etc - what if I was a young aspiring fan, is this a great way for everyone to respond to a suggestion? Spurs fans must all be absolute nutters...500k views on Youtube video for doing that while 4-0 down.

The Green Goblin
22-04-2014, 09:43 PM

Caspar? Nobody would see a ghost drifting into the box...

madhatter
22-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Caspar? Nobody would see a ghost drifting into the box...

Knowing our luck the linesman will, somehow

iwasthere1972
22-04-2014, 10:01 PM
How's about this as a novel idea. Don't know if it will catch on.

We actually score a real goal. I think that's what they call it when the ball goes between the posts and over the line. I could be mistaken because its been a long time.

I'll be there getting behind the team from the kick off but I'm leaving my jester outfit at home.

Come on Hibs grow a pair and just do them.

FranckSuzy
22-04-2014, 10:10 PM
No problem. I joined here because I couldn't be bothered joining previously mainly to do with what I've read - I didn't want to get involved in needless arguments over silly things. In terms of posting things like this? I don't think this is so ridiculous to have had the reaction I've got to be honest. I know it's the derby but is everyone else singing and dancing down the streets on Saturdays or something? I get questions over a post like this as if it is horrendous but yet there is a whole list of posts regarding the hopelessness of the team - why not question that? Most people are happy to jump on the bandwagon on slagging the team to bits - e.g. it is James Collins or Joan Collins we have?

I post something to be taken positively, granted a bit strange and it's treated as if I had committed a cardinal sin...

Also, I find no relevance in whether I have been a long-time reader etc - what if I was a young aspiring fan, is this a great way for everyone to respond to a suggestion? Spurs fans must all be absolute nutters...500k views on Youtube video for doing that while 4-0 down.

Thanks for the reply. The relevance as to how long you had been reading .net was that you'd probably know how a thread such as this would be received :greengrin Anyway, each to their own :aok:

Eyrie
22-04-2014, 10:13 PM
How's about this as a novel idea. Don't know if it will catch on.

We actually score a real goal. I think that's what they call it when the ball goes between the posts and over the line. I could be mistaken because its been a long time.

It can't be that difficult as our opponents manage it all the time.

But I'm starting to feel my usual twinges of optimism in the run up to a Hibs game so I think we'll get an early goal and spend the rest of the time on the edge of our seats/hiding behind the sofa until full time when we'll survive to win 1-0.

VivaHiberña
22-04-2014, 11:11 PM
First, why don't you calm down a wee bit, Boab1875? You might disagree with what madhatter's got to say that's no way to go about it, a bit of respect and manners might do you some good.

Madhatter, I have to say that while I'm not sure about singing "let's pretend we've scored a goal" in a derby, I think I get where you're coming from.

In theory, we support Hibs because we enjoy it so lets try and make some noise and enjoy the game. Lets not get home feeling the day was a complete waste. At the very least the company of whoever you're going to the game with. Don't get me wrong, I hate losing to the s***, but I'll be doing my best (should we lose) to not let it (or them) get to me.

At the end of the day, we're going to watch 22 guys kick a ball around a field; it's not a matter of life and death and a wee bit of gallows humour might not hurt. It's all we can do right now.

By the time I got to the station platform in Paisley last week a few of us were already sharing a joke and trying to smile; it was far too nice a day to let something daft like football ruin our mood and I'll make no apologies for not letting the sporting prowess of the bunch of nobodies (and a few good guys) that are lucky enough to play for Hibernian dictate my demeanour.

There are times when all you can do is laugh or cry, I know what I'd rather do.

Anyway, 'mon the Hibs!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the reply. The relevance as to how long you had been reading .net was that you'd probably know how a thread such as this would be received :greengrin Anyway, each to their own :aok:

All we need is that arthur fud to turn up!

Jones28
23-04-2014, 12:08 AM
I don't know a single Hibs fan who is not aware of how serious a postion we are in. That doesn't mean we all have to wallow in self pity. Your head in the sand remark is petty at best.

The trouble is that most Hibbies I speak to about don't care anymore. Far more of a danger than self pity or anger.

Jones28
23-04-2014, 12:11 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/juhf.gif

SteveHFC is a genius

SteveHFC
23-04-2014, 06:50 PM
SteveHFC is a genius

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/09/4f/90/094f900f061edae26596463a99748b61.jpg

JMac
23-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I'd rather die than celebrate that heap of shi*e we currently have on the pitch

madhatter
23-04-2014, 07:41 PM

I never said celebrate the trash, I said celebrate no matter what - the intention being to cheer up and see the brighter side. If you are going to the game why pay £28 to be raging and stressed as usual? Whatever the case may be I hope you may join us in the celebrations afterwards - 2-0 is on the cards, I tell you. If us, the fans, don't start enjoying the games more (granted very difficult to do now) and making it fun for youngsters, we are in trouble.

Kids reading books at games and fans sitting on their backsides, twiddling their thumbs - not a good thing. Board, players, owners etc. are to blame for utter garbage to watch but we've watched 6+ years (lately) of this trash and young fans are dropping like there is no tomorrow plus some of the older guys. We all want to see a winning team but us all sitting in stands like grumpy old men or getting behind the team until the first goal is conceded to then stand in complete silence until half-time (pins dropping all over the shop) whence the chorus of boos descend and kids open the books, we park our backsides down and begin to contemplate what £28 could've bought...

Joy.

You know what, my suggestion is now TB and MM invite one of us to give the team talk before kick-off. Bet they'd play better then :greengrin

Onion
23-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Now convinced you're either on drugs or a complete raving loony :greengrin

Welcome to the Asylum, pal :thumbsup:

Aldo
23-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Stevie that's brilliant mate. (Was watching that folio the other nite. Hilarious)

Cabbage East
23-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Of all the threads I've read on here for what, 10 years, this is by far the biggest pile of slavers I've ever seen.

Aldo
23-04-2014, 07:58 PM

Can I say that this is a very strange post for a HIBS fan to make.

I have and always will be a HIBS fan and will always support them o and on Sunday I'll be getting right behind them.

We as fans in recent years have been put through the mill but to say you would rather die makes me think...Well... .Folk on here ken whit's going on.

Ronniekirk
23-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I never said celebrate the trash, I said celebrate no matter what - the intention being to cheer up and see the brighter side. If you are going to the game why pay £28 to be raging and stressed as usual? Whatever the case may be I hope you may join us in the celebrations afterwards - 2-0 is on the cards, I tell you. If us, the fans, don't start enjoying the games more (granted very difficult to do now) and making it fun for youngsters, we are in trouble.

Kids reading books at games and fans sitting on their backsides, twiddling their thumbs - not a good thing. Board, players, owners etc. are to blame for utter garbage to watch but we've watched 6+ years (lately) of this trash and young fans are dropping like there is no tomorrow plus some of the older guys. We all want to see a winning team but us all sitting in stands like grumpy old men or getting behind the team until the first goal is conceded to then stand in complete silence until half-time (pins dropping all over the shop) whence the chorus of boos descend and kids open the books, we park our backsides down and begin to contemplate what £28 could've bought...

Joy.

You know what, my suggestion is now TB and MM invite one of us to give the team talk before kick-off. Bet they'd play better then :greengrin

You now want to ban kids opening books during games ?if we do that we will never get them back :wink:You really are a mad hatter right enough . Out of interest what would your team talk be .

madhatter
23-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Now convinced you're either on drugs or a complete raving loony :greengrin

Welcome to the Asylum, pal :thumbsup:

Neither sadly. Realist who is trying to be positive. Would you prefer I posed questions on what will happen if we get relegated? How many fans will keep going? How has the last 6+ years effected the lifeblood of the club? Most local lads, when I was growing up, supported one of the Old Firm. You think the track record recently justifies being down? It does. However, I can assure you nursing wounds or making a noble stand till the end of the season changes nothing. If I am deemed to be certifiable then I just wish some of the players and more of fans were also...

Have fun before it's too late.

When was the last time we had a nutter - most teams have a complete madman (Keane etc.) and in most cases they are the captain. We may as well have Mickey Mouse as the captain tbh. Years of utter shocking performances and yet I've never seen one Hibs player - excluding Robertson going absolutely crazy at Forster at a throw-in - showing any remote passion.

Oh incidentally, supporting a football team will always have you on the edge of bliss, the edge of torment, and, the best of all, the edge of insanity. It's a joy to be on this roller coaster, let's just hope next season it's as close to an 180 degree change in direction.

silverhibee
23-04-2014, 08:10 PM

. :casper:

Aldo
23-04-2014, 08:11 PM
. :casper:

Quality Silver.

madhatter
23-04-2014, 08:18 PM
You now want to ban kids opening books during games ?if we do that we will never get them back :wink:You really are a mad hatter right enough . Out of interest what would your team talk be .

I may be a madhatter, fine. However, can people please start reading posts properly - did I state ban at any point? I tried to state, rather than family's sitting together, youngsters thinking "this is boring I want to read Harry Potter or Hunger Games" (or whatever) and the mum/dad asking what they'd like for dinner whilst a game is in play, it'd be nice for us, the fans, to have a better time. You can discuss dinner plans and read books at home. Once again not a ban, just a hope that without an obvious turning of the tide on the pitch, we can encourage kids and other fans to return somehow. We can all still have a wry smile when someone screams an articulate piece of abuse at a player or member of management team, so I'm sure we could do something in the stands...

I won't divulge what I'd say as a team talk because I see no reason sharing that unless you're a player? Also, I'm sure I said "one of us" and not "I nominate myself".

Onion
23-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Neither sadly. Realist who is trying to be positive. Would you prefer I posed questions on what will happen if we get relegated? How many fans will keep going? How has the last 6+ years effected the lifeblood of the club? Most local lads, when I was growing up, supported one of the Old Firm. You think the track record recently justifies being down? It does. However, I can assure you nursing wounds or making a noble stand till the end of the season changes nothing. If I am deemed to be certifiable then I just wish some of the players and more of fans were also...

When was the last time we had a nutter - most teams have a complete madman (Keane etc.) and in most cases they are the captain. We may as well have Mickey Mouse as the captain tbh. Years of utter shocking performances and yet I've never seen one Hibs player - excluding Robertson going absolutely crazy at Forster at a throw-in - showing any remote passion.

Oh incidentally, supporting a football team will always have you on the edge of bliss, the edge of torment, and, the best of all, the edge of insanity. It's a joy to be on this roller coaster, let's just hope next season it's as close to an 180 degree change in direction.

You lost me at "Realist..". Completely bonkers, but quite entertaining :greengrin

Stax
23-04-2014, 08:28 PM

:spammy:

Ronniekirk
23-04-2014, 08:40 PM
I may be a madhatter, fine. However, can people please start reading posts properly - did I state ban at any point? I tried to state, rather than family's sitting together, youngsters thinking "this is boring I want to read Harry Potter or Hunger Games" (or whatever) and the mum/dad asking what they'd like for dinner whilst a game is in play, it'd be nice for us, the fans, to have a better time. You can discuss dinner plans and read books at home. Once again not a ban, just a hope that without an obvious turning of the tide on the pitch, we can encourage kids and other fans to return somehow. We can all still have a wry smile when someone screams an articulate piece of abuse at a player or member of management team, so I'm sure we could do something in the stands...
I won't divulge what I'd say as a team talk because I see no reason sharing that unless you're a player? Also, I'm sure I said "one of us" and not "I nominate myself".
I did get the point you were making about about kids needing to be entertained Remember seeing the clip pm TV when it honed in on the wee boy reading and thinking how ironic .thats why I put the wee smiley in there.
I know you weren't nominating yourself ,but am now intrigued why you are keeping the team talk to yourself .