PDA

View Full Version : KT an actor (says Danny Lennon)

Lago
22-04-2014, 11:25 AM
So says Danny Lenon in todays paper. Have to say having watched the Goodwin tackle on TV there appeared to be little contact although KT rolled around as if his leg had been torn off.

kentao
22-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Can hardly blame him hes a lucky laddie that there was no to little contact. The tackle was a shocker.

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 11:32 AM
So says Danny Lenon in todays paper. Have to say having watched the Goodwin tackle on TV there appeared to be little contact although KT rolled around as if his leg had been torn off.Nae mention of Goodwin being a thug and getting away with it every other week, never a fitba player in yer puff. **** of Lennon.

Scottie
22-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Nae mention of Goodwin being a thug and getting away with it every other week, never a fitba player in yer puff. **** of Lennon.

Goodwin is just a COWARD. He's too ****ing stupid to be a thug

SaulGoodman
22-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Would like KT or Butcher to come out in tomorrow's paper branding Goodwin a thug, and mention the numerous elbows.

About time something was said about the rodent.

The_Sauz
22-04-2014, 11:51 AM
You don't need to make contact to get sent off! If the ref thinks that there was intent, then he can still send the player off. :agree:
Goodwin has been getting away with it for years in Scotland, and now he is getting just rewards for being a thug!

EdinMike
22-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Would like KT or Butcher to come out in tomorrow's paper branding Goodwin a thug, and mention the numerous elbows.

About time something was said about the rodent.

Calling someone a 'thug' would be classified as bringing the game into disrepute...

So what's Lennon done then ?! Same thing in my eyes. As he has effectively branded Thomson as a 'cheat'

silverhibee
22-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Wish we had a player like Goodwin in our team, just one that doesn't get sent off every game.

Smartie
22-04-2014, 11:59 AM
I think Lennon has a point - there was little contact and Thomson wasn't hurt but he made the most of it. He was clearly unhurt as he walked off the pitch and was fine when he came back on.

I also think that it was 100% a red card. It was malicious, out of control and Thomson was lucky that Goodwin didn't make contact. If Thomson jumped happily to his feet the ref may not have sent Goodwin off. He's managed to get away with far worse against us in the past so good on Thomson for helping the ref to make the right decision.

However if Lennon wants to learn anything from the incident he should be pulling up his captain for a ridiculous challenge in a part of the pitch where there was no threat. He wasn't to know that we were honking and weren't going to score in 60 odd minutes against 10 men. Blaming Thomson for it wrongly lets Goodwin off the hook.

SaulGoodman
22-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Wish we had a player like Goodwin in our team, just one that doesn't get sent off every game.

So nothing like Goodwin then :greengrin

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Wish we had a player like Goodwin in our team, just one that doesn't get sent off every game.Nowt wrong with tough fitba players, but I wouldnae want a player like him because he isnae a fitba player, brings **** all tae the table except flying elbows and dirty lunges.

Spike Mandela
22-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Wish KT had done a bit of play acting as a midfielder tracking back in the first 15 secs.

Simkin911
22-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Tv highlights show the referee sending off Goodwin rather than Thomson. It's the referees interpretation that matters here - not Lennons. End of story. Thomson can roll around as much as he wants for all I care - we have greater considerations at present.

Aldoo
22-04-2014, 01:47 PM
In the modern game Thompson done the clever thing and stayed down, notice the word 'clever' was used not 'right'.

We'll never know what might have changed but I've always wished griffiths had just stayed down after the assault by black in that cup final and given that ref a far harder problem than he did by springing back up to his feet looking to show black that he hadn't hurt him rather than trying to get black sent off by staying grounded.

Pretty Boy
22-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Was a shocking attempt at a tackle whether the contact was minimal or otherwise.

Off the ground, 2 footed, reckless and out of control. Pretty much all the criteria for a straight red. And he did catch Thomson just on the side of the shin bone, probably not as sore as Thomson made out but still probably stung a bit.

Lennon should be reading the riot act to Goodwin, not Thomson or the referee.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 01:51 PM
In the modern game Thompson done the clever thing and stayed down, notice the word 'clever' was used not 'right'.

We'll never know what might have changed but I've always wished griffiths had just stayed down after the assault by black in that cup final and given that ref a far harder problem than he did by springing back up to his feet looking to show black that he hadn't hurt him rather than trying to get black sent off by staying grounded. He could have course been injured in the first tackle before the thug came flying in.

Jones28
22-04-2014, 02:18 PM

He's too much of a bull in a china shop. Controlled aggression yes, but not his manner of snapping everything and anyone, throwing elbows around and playing just plain dirty.

The Sea-gull
22-04-2014, 02:29 PM

I am sure I heard/read somewhere that surprisingly Saturday was Goodwin's first red of the season!

macca70
22-04-2014, 05:47 PM
The ref had already given us a foul for the tackle a split second before, you can hear the whistle and see the ref as Goodwin launches himself into the tackle, I reckon Goodwin also knew the foul was being given and saw a free opportunity to throw himself about.

basehibby
22-04-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure how much contact there was but there WAS some and I suspect that the amount of near career ending injuries Thomson has experienced over the piece may colour his reaction to being subjected to the kind of treatment Goodwin routinely dishes out on match days. Lennon is obviously playing games hoping to influence the disciplinary panel - he should draw the line at insulting a decent pro in his attempts to defend the thuggish Goodwin though.

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 06:02 PM
lunges and elbows here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxteLoQveAs

Having a go at UTD for highlighting this

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/st-mirren-criticise-dundee-united-s-tactics-in-highlighting-jim-goodwin-incident-1.170881

Liked him (Lennon) as a Hibs player but he's turned it tae a total erse trying tae defend the actions of that thug on numerous ocassions, never a fitba player in yer puff

emerald green
22-04-2014, 06:06 PM
So says Danny Lenon in todays paper. Have to say having watched the Goodwin tackle on TV there appeared to be little contact although KT rolled around as if his leg had been torn off.

When are people like Lennon going to stop defending Goodwin. He's an animal. End of story. I wonder if Lennon would have said the same if roles had been reversed? They are going to appeal his red card so as they have him for remaining "battles" to come.

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2014, 06:06 PM
He went absolutely flying in well over the top. Not much contact but if there was Thomson would have been out for a long time. Shocking ''tackle'' and 100% red card.

hibbysam
22-04-2014, 06:10 PM
lunges and elbows here

Having a go at UTD for highlighting this

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/st-mirren-criticise-dundee-united-s-tactics-in-highlighting-jim-goodwin-incident-1.170881

Liked him (Lennon) as a Hibs player but he's turned it tae a total erse trying tae defend the actions of that thug on numerous ocassions, never a fitba player in yer puff

Must be difficult for them to defend not only Goodwin and his thuggery on the pitch but that little wannabe hard man McGowan as well after him getting off with assaulting two police officers! Really wouldn't mind seeing them go down!

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2014, 06:16 PM
He went absolutely flying in well over the top. Not much contact but if there was Thomson would have been out for a long time. Shocking ''tackle'' and 100% red card.

Fully agree, but the fact there wasn't much contact means Thomson's reaction was unnecessary. He did milk it, but the red card was correct IMO.

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Fully agree, but the fact there wasn't much contact means Thomson's reaction was unnecessary. He did milk it, but the red card was correct IMO.Chance he doesn't get a red if Thomson doesn't do that though, its not as if he dived to win a pen, he simply helped the referee make his decision :greengrin

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Fully agree, but the fact there wasn't much contact means Thomson's reaction was unnecessary. He did milk it, but the red card was correct IMO.I wouldnae normally go along with that sort of thing but for Goodwin I'll make an exception, the number of times he's gotten away with his thuggery is ridiculous. If the ref needs a little help tae make up his mind so be it.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Kevin is just fortunate he missed the initial lunge but was clearly caught by the trailing leg of Goodwin. Essentially, Lennon's boot boy was out of control hence the red card.

Argylehibby
22-04-2014, 09:17 PM
when are Hibs going to stand up to these accusations? When Goodwin was sent off at ER for an elbow on Lewis I think Steven Thomson (on sportscene) and Lennon both said there was no contact. Sunday Thomson again on sportscene says KT made a meal of it and now this from Lennon. It's about time we as a club stood up for the players, defended them and asked Vincent Lunny to consider the comments.

basehibby
22-04-2014, 09:46 PM
when are Hibs going to stand up to these accusations? When Goodwin was sent off at ER for an elbow on Lewis I think Steven Thomson (on sportscene) and Lennon both said there was no contact. Sunday Thomson again on sportscene says KT made a meal of it and now this from Lennon. It's about time we as a club stood up for the players, defended them and asked Vincent Lunny to consider the comments.

Steven Thomson was obviously going to be biassed talking about his teammate - but WTF is he always on Sportscene for anyway? He seems to be on it near enough every other week FFS. OK he's capable of stringing more than two words together but is hardly a shining light of lucidity and football wisdom (and lets just leave his sheighty moustache out of it!) - surely there must be other players out there capable of making "expert" observations without F-in and C-in and B-in. Is Thomson ****ging the producer's daughter or something? I think we ought to be told!

....which begs the question - why are there never any Hibs players on Sportscene? - and which Hibs player of the current squad would you like to see dazzling us with his insight and perception? (I know Pat Nevin's always on it but he doesn't count).

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Kevin is just fortunate he missed the initial lunge but was clearly caught by the trailing leg of Goodwin. Essentially, Lennon's boot boy was out of control hence the red card.
One of these days he will give someone a serious injury

EdinMike
23-04-2014, 12:44 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27103188

Shock...

Saorsa
23-04-2014, 02:18 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27103188

Shock...Unfairly targeted :hilarious throw the shovel away Lennon, he's a untalented thug, that's it.

portyhibernian
23-04-2014, 02:24 PM
There isn't much contact but that tackle was still needlessly dangerous and aggressive and deserving of a red card. Goodwins an absolute walloper and pretty crap player aswell. St Mirren would be better off rid.

lapsedhibee
23-04-2014, 03:52 PM
lunges and elbows here

No wonder he used to be nicknamed "The Shred".

Can't imagine why he wasn't straight-redded for the first "tackle".

Franck Stanton
23-04-2014, 03:55 PM
You don't need to make contact to get sent off! If the ref thinks that there was intent, then he can still send the player off. :agree:
Goodwin has been getting away with it for years in Scotland, and now he is getting just rewards for being a thug!

Agree 100 % - Lennon should know this as well.

hibsbollah
23-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Thomson did milk it, and he's got plenty previous of that kind of thing with the huns. (Remember when we all hated him? :greengrin ) On the other hand, Goodwin stuck his foot in nowhere near the ball and possibly deserves a red for intent.