PDA

View Full Version : Other SPFL clubs fans enjoying Hibs current situation?

Cameron1875
21-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Recently in the media there seems to be almost a desperation for Hibs to be relegated alongside Hearts. The journos have their story written and seem to be foaming at the mouth regarding a competitive Scottish Championship next season.

The thing I've found slightly strange though is the reaction coming from other clubs in the the Scottish premiership.

According to few Hearts pals, their game on Saturday involved both them and Ross County supporters singing about Hearts going "down with the Hibees".
St Mirren fans as well continued this theme with "down with the Jambos"
Aberdeen fans sang about Butcher being "a $***e Pat Fenlon"
And the St Mirren fans copied that song about Fenlon too

I know the club deserves stick because we have been performing abysmally but does anyone else find it weird about the clamour for Hibs to get relegated.
Are we hated by other clubs more than we think?
Or should we be flattered that rival fans think we are a quite a big club?

Perhaps Butcher could use this to create almost a siege mentality at the club for the final 4 games. I know that might be clutching at straws but its all I've got!!

Pretty Boy
21-04-2014, 07:50 PM
If it was another biggish club like Dundee Utd or Aberdeen (in fact especially Aberdeen) I'd be exactly the same tbh.

AllyF
21-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Hibs - as a club - deserve absolutely all the stick they've been getting. And more.

S4uzee
21-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Recently in the media there seems to be almost a desperation for Hibs to be relegated alongside Hearts. The journos have their story written and seem to be foaming at the mouth regarding a competitive Scottish Championship next season.

The thing I've found slightly strange though is the reaction coming from other clubs in the the Scottish premiership.

According to few Hearts pals, their game on Saturday involved both them and Ross County supporters singing about Hearts going "down with the Hibees".

I know the club deserves stick because we have been performing abysmally but does anyone else find it weird about the clamour for Hibs to get relegated.

Perhaps Butcher could use this to create almost a siege mentality at the club for the final 4 games. I know that might be clutching at straws but its all I've got!!
I know what you mean, been thinking the same

CB_NO3
21-04-2014, 07:58 PM
That is normally what happens when your the laughing stock of scottish football and have been amongst the biggest under achievers for the past two decades. We have a big wage bill, big stadium, excellent training ground and we are struggling to compete with huge mighty clubs like Partick Thistle, Ross County and St Mirren.

What makes it worse is some people on this forum seem happy the way things are, with the same clueless board of ours being rubbish year after year.

chrisski33
21-04-2014, 07:59 PM

Errrrrr they are our rivals so obviously they will see delight in it just like we would if it was the other way round!!

Cameron1875
21-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Errrrrr they are our rivals so obviously they will see delight in it just like we would if it was the other way round!!

I understand they are our rivals but how come we have never been singing about St Mirren last season having a horror run and just about surviving, Dundee going down, Dunfermline going down, Falkirk etc etc

rcarter1
21-04-2014, 08:21 PM
I understand they are our rivals but how come we have never been singing about St Mirren last season having a horror run and just about surviving, Dundee going down, Dunfermline going down, Falkirk etc etc

Presumably because we're the biggest club in the bottom 6. The Media love a big win, or a big defeat. If we were to go down, and then storm the championship leaving The Rangers and Hearts in our wake, the Media would be all over us like a rash, because its a big story. They would be lapping Butcher up right now were we in the hunt for 2nd place, as it is he's the target. No ones been laughing much at Aberdeen this season, whereas a few seasons back they were ridiculed for being rubbish. On the other hand its not really fair to say that Ross County have failed epically as a club were they to finish 11th.

Coco Bryce
21-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Hibs - as a club - deserve absolutely all the stick they've been getting. And more.

This. Our club has become a complete laughing stock over the last few years. It's heartbreaking.

The Sea-gull
21-04-2014, 08:51 PM
That is normally what happens when your the laughing stock of scottish football and have been amongst the biggest under achievers for the past two decades. We have a big wage bill, big stadium, excellent training ground and we are struggling to compete with huge mighty clubs like Partick Thistle, Ross County and St Mirren.

What makes it worse is some people on this forum seem happy the way things are, with the same clueless board of ours being rubbish year after year.

Good post. Fans of other clubs have been foaming at the mouth in anticipation of hearts demise. That was sealed ages ago so now our situation is the next focus. If Aberdeen or Dundee United were where we are it would be the same. In fact it has been when they have. It is less surprising when other teams are down there so less is made of it when they are.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 09:01 PM
If it was another biggish club like Dundee Utd or Aberdeen (in fact especially Aberdeen) I'd be exactly the same tbh.

I don't class Dundee Utd as a big club

Saorsa
21-04-2014, 09:03 PM
This. Our club has become a complete laughing stock over the last few years. It's heartbreaking.Making us that is certainly something Petire has done/is doing a good job of.

LancashireHibby
21-04-2014, 10:30 PM
The biggest surprise is that other clubs still think there's a novelty factor to us doing badly in the league.

The_Todd
21-04-2014, 10:33 PM
If they are enjoying our struggles then it's flattering in a way.

LancsHibs
21-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Simples, if we go down it would be a big news story, if say Ross County are relegated nobody would really care or notice in the media.

GreenCastle
21-04-2014, 10:59 PM
It is fairly clear the other clubs want us down.

Some may say we deserve to go down but we seriously just need to stick together as fans and get through this season and regroup in the summer.

Avoiding relegation is vital and going down would be fatal for our future.

Time the manager and players and co stood up and dragged us safe.

We should be using this as motivation to form the siege mentality and grind out some performances/results.

PeeJay
22-04-2014, 04:55 AM

This site doesn't pull any punches when it comes to dissing any of the other clubs for any reason under the sun, yet here you are complaining because football fans at other teams are having a laugh at our "current" woes? Are you serious? There is no desperation amongst journalists/media for Hibs to go down, the club has put itself in a position where it might go down and they are doing their job, i.e. reporting on it.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-04-2014, 05:35 AM

Talk about self-loathing! Wtf?!

Pete
22-04-2014, 05:38 AM
[/B]

Is "more" actually possible?

Pete
22-04-2014, 05:46 AM
This site doesn't pull any punches when it comes to dissing any of the other clubs for any reason under the sun, yet here you are complaining because football fans at other teams are having a laugh at our "current" woes? Are you serious? There is no desperation amongst journalists/media for Hibs to go down, the club has put itself in a position where it might go down and they are doing their job, i.e. reporting on it.

You're right that they are reporting it - but they are relishing it at the same time.

People love underdogs doing well and bigger teams failing. Talking about it sells and the situation regarding the second tier would become that little bit more interesting and bizzare.

greenpaper55
22-04-2014, 06:04 AM
It's the bigger they are the harder they fall syndrome, we are seen as an easy touch and have been for years, soft as s***.

Onion
22-04-2014, 06:44 AM

Too late for a siege mentality. It will be armageddon if Hibs go down. Where's Stewart Regan when you need him ?

I've no issue with the media and other fans wanting Hibs relegated. The media are only interested in one thing - that's their own jobs and circulation numbers. There are more papers to be sold if Hibs go down. They'd probably love Butcher to walk away as well, just for a few more stories. The more disruption they have at Hibs the better.

We've got a lot more money than a lot of these smaller clubs, so not surprising they're having a good laugh at our predicament. That's football.

we are hibs
22-04-2014, 06:47 AM
**** them, we are Hibs, who cares what anyone else thinks apart from our own supporters.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-04-2014, 07:28 AM
BBC Scotland's Willie Miller certainly took great pleasure at having (a continued) pop at Hibs on Saturday. He seems to relish in our demise.
Brain-dead Sheep sheggin, Weegie cretin.
Wasn't that long ago his team were Scotland's laughing stock.

Jim44
22-04-2014, 07:38 AM
It's the bigger they are the harder they fall syndrome, we are seen as an easy touch and have been for years, soft as s***.

I don't think we can be classed as a 'big' club in footballing terms. We've been so bad for years that our imminent relegation should hardly make headline news.

AllyF
22-04-2014, 07:58 AM
[/B]

I'm not talking about the fans, we don't deserve any of this.

But sometimes you have to suck it up and realise what a f***ing laughing stock your team is.

5-1 ignited it, 0-7 against Malmo confirmed it.

JustSimplyHibs
22-04-2014, 08:05 AM

F*** em all...

We are the Hibs :flag:

Craig_in_Prague
22-04-2014, 08:05 AM
It's a shame we are such a spineless club, that we don't respond well to adversity.

Butcher's wonderful run of defeat after defeat, amazingly making a crap team absolutely horrendous - We appear to be on the way down and nobody seems able to change things - the players look like they chucked it weeks ago and we have no fight or ability (either could have helped).

We had a chance at the PBS a few weeks ago to lap up the relegation of the yams, by sending them down ourselves that day. That went well.
Now the shoe is kind of on the other foot - Now watch them take full advantage, whilst we just roll over again.

No wonder everyone rips the club. It is soft top down and they all know it.

Bill Milne
22-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Come on, it's what fans do. I well remember us taking the p*ss out of Dundee Utd fans when Pat McGinlay scored a goal at Tannadeechy which, effectively, sent them down. Nothing to greet about IMO.

erin go bragh
22-04-2014, 11:26 AM
BBC Scotland's Willie Miller certainly took great pleasure at having (a continued) pop at Hibs on Saturday. He seems to relish in our demise.
Brain-dead Sheep sheggin, Weegie cretin.
Wasn't that long ago his team were Scotland's laughing stock.

I have never heard that bafoon say anything positive about us .
Never liked the greetin faced git when he was a player but he has managed to make me dislike him even more as a pundit .
One win out of four should keep us out of the play off .
Then they can all go and throw tom kite at themselves ,
******s that they are .

Ggtth

Jim44
22-04-2014, 12:18 PM
It's a shame we are such a spineless club, that we don't respond well to adversity.

Butcher's wonderful run of defeat after defeat, amazingly making a crap team absolutely horrendous - We appear to be on the way down and nobody seems able to change things - the players look like they chucked it weeks ago and we have no fight or ability (either could have helped).

We had a chance at the PBS a few weeks ago to lap up the relegation of the yams, by sending them down ourselves that day. That went well.
Now the shoe is kind of on the other foot - Now watch them take full advantage, whilst we just roll over again.

Beating us this weekend will just about nicely finish off their season. Yes they've had a torrid time off the park, but the signs are that they are on the way back, (cue the, oh no they haven't really got away with it reminders.) They have got away with it and taking the high moral ground by throwing their behaviour in their faces won't wear with them. They're going to have to face a season in the Championship like us, but we won't give them any problems and the last time I looked over on FF they were keeching themselves at the prospect of having them in the same league. We've let ourselves down big time.

Iggy Pope
22-04-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't class Dundee Utd as a big club

I am wondering how you gauge 'big'.
Not about to bash Hibs but United have delivered much more in my lifetime and, I think, yours.

League win
Scottish cup wins
League cup win
European runs to semis and a final.
Lots of good, home bred players.

As far as our FA goes they are a big club. Probably top 5.

I also think Dunfermmline, Dundee, Kilmarnock St Mirren and Mothereell, maybe Falkirk should be considered 'big'.

ian omand
22-04-2014, 12:32 PM

Man up for christ sake.
Do you think for one minute it affects Rod Petrie?
No, our glorious leader would have heard the taunts on Saturday
but would have sat there smug in the knowledge that his great plan
was almost over, having passed mediocre and now at the criminally inept
stage, it would not be long before he had achieved his goal and HFC had
gone the same way as Gretna.
It has taken seven long years but at last he can see the time when he can
rest from his labours and all the Hibs supporters will no longer have to leave
ER early, angry and confused by another disgraceful performance, no longer
worry about losing another football match to their greatest rivals, so their
mental and physical health will improve as will their bank balances.
So be thankful to the man and remain silent until his task is done.

Paisley Hibby
22-04-2014, 01:35 PM

Wow!

Crazyhorse
22-04-2014, 01:57 PM
If we were to go down, and then storm the championship leaving The Rangers and Hearts in our wake, the Media would be all over us like a rash, because its a big story.

You've gone into the realms of fantasy there Cpl Jones :greengrin

flash
22-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Beating us this weekend will just about nicely finish off their season. Yes they've had a torrid time off the park, but the signs are that they are on the way back, (cue the, oh no they haven't really got away with it reminders.) They have got away with it and taking the high moral ground by throwing their behaviour in their faces won't wear with them. They're going to have to face a season in the Championship like us, but we won't give them any problems and the last time I looked over on FF they were keeching themselves at the prospect of having them in the same league. We've let ourselves down big time.

Away and bile yer heid.

patlowe
22-04-2014, 02:41 PM
I've actually been surprised at how much the media and other clubs' fans have underestimated the chances of Hibs being relegated, until now. There's been plenty discussion on how bad we are (which is fair) but the majority have just assumed we will somehow be OK. I had put this down to most not actually watching Hibs play and buying into the idea that we have a good squad that is performing within itself.

MrRobot
23-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Its a pity not even this can spur on the players to perform.

Keith_M
23-04-2014, 11:47 AM
All of the examples are nothing but football banter/wind ups. It's part of the same fan experience that Hibs fans engage in.

I'd recommend that people don't take it to heart.

Waxy
23-04-2014, 11:55 AM
We must take this as a back handed compliment.
We are one of the big clubs (potentially the 3rd biggest in Scotland) and they all want to see us fail bigtime.
Well it's us against the world now.But are we up for it?

Mikey09
23-04-2014, 12:06 PM
I can take the banter and wind up's from my mates. That's what rivalry is about. What pisses me off is the media. Willie Miller, Chic Young, Preston, Tom English and the ****in rest of those so called experts desperate for hibs to be relegated. Telling us week after week how bad we are. WE ****ING KNOW!! Killie are pish, so are the rest of the bottom six but it's hibs they constantly batter from pillar to post. If you don't believe me have a wee listen. WHEN we beat the yams on Sunday they can all go and lie in there own pish.... Anyway, I'm tired after an 18hour shift yesterday, (can you tell?) Rant over...

Jim44
23-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I can take the banter and wind up's from my mates. That's what rivalry is about. What pisses me off is the media. Willie Miller, Chic Young, Preston, Tom English and the ****in rest of those so called experts desperate for hibs to be relegated. Telling us week after week how bad we are. WE ****ING KNOW!! Killie are pish, so are the rest of the bottom six but it's hibs they constantly batter from pillar to post. If you don't believe me have a wee listen. WHEN we beat the yams on Sunday they can all go and lie in there own pish.... Anyway, I'm tired after an 18hour shift yesterday, (can you tell?) Rant over...

It's not hard to build up a neurosis about this institutionalised 'persecution' of Hibs but some of these hacks are way over the top. Some geezer last Sunday opened his report with "Hibs actually did rather well to hold on for the first 13 seconds till St Mirren opened the scoring........... " :rolleyes:

Mango Man
23-04-2014, 12:19 PM

:top marksIt's really annoying how predictable we are, basically whatever is the worst outcome is what will happen to Hibs, that's how it has always been in my lifetime. Can't even have a wee laugh at the jambos going down, no, we actually give them a little boost to go on a decent end of season run and then put ourselves in a relegation battle, only Hibs could do this to their long suffering fans.

I would be delighted with a draw on Sunday, sad times.

Mikey09
23-04-2014, 12:34 PM
When Hibs fans were ripping hearts about administration, liquidation, all we heard from the jambo love in media was "real hibs supporters won't want hearts relegated or going out of business as we can't afford to lose another big team from the SPFL." Now we are struggling you have yam players in the press saying they would love to take us with them. And the sportsound crew now think this is great. As I said, fans are fans who give and take it. Pro players and journos having a laugh at every opportunity pisses me off. Maybe just the way I'm feeling today.... :zzzzz!:

Waxy
23-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Maybe it's all part of the "Establishment" that the media are part of and alot of people go in about?
Are Hibs an Anti-establishment club? Does it matter?
It does seem to.

Onion
23-04-2014, 02:08 PM
:top marksIt's really annoying how predictable we are, basically whatever is the worst outcome is what will happen to Hibs, that's how it has always been in my lifetime. Can't even have a wee laugh at the jambos going down, no, we actually give them a little boost to go on a decent end of season run and then put ourselves in a relegation battle, only Hibs could do this to their long suffering fans.

I would be delighted with a draw on Sunday, sad times.

:top marks Think that sentiment is shared by vast majority of Hibs fans. You wonder if Petrie and the Hibs Board understand this and/or think the same way. The complete silence and indifference to the horrendous experience of being Hibs fan this season and for the last few season just makes my blood boil.

I have no issue with the Yams, Sevco or any other club. The thing that does my dinger more than anything these days is the reaction of the Hibs Owner, Hibes Board and Hibs players.