PDA

View Full Version : Glory hunters in Manchester.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 07:12 PM
The crowd at the Etihad stadium tonight is shocking, there are empty seats everywhere, and they can still win the league? :confused:

Albion Hibs
21-04-2014, 07:21 PM
I was down there for a game a few seasons ago, the crowd was rank and the atmosphere was even worse than that...come to think of it every EPL game I have been to is the same! A club that has bought overnight success and has probably suffered irreversible damage from being in the shadow of Utd.

Love the Green
21-04-2014, 07:24 PM
The crowd at the Etihad stadium tonight is shocking, there are empty seats everywhere, and they can still win the league? :confused:

Busy Easter weekend and another anti social ko with the match live on tv. Think the ref blew our title chances against the scallies along with few shocking performances

J-C
21-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Guy on TV saying West Brom supporters boycotting the game cause it's £50 a ticket.

Love the Green
21-04-2014, 07:26 PM
I was down there for a game a few seasons ago, the crowd was rank and the atmosphere was even worse than that...come to think of it every EPL game I have been to is the same! A club that has bought overnight success and has probably suffered irreversible damage from being in the shadow of Utd.

SHADOW well the sun has gone and we aint in their shadow any more

brianmc
21-04-2014, 07:26 PM
£56 I believe !

Stax
21-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Crap atmosphere, Dorrans' goal was a cracker though..

Albion Hibs
21-04-2014, 07:32 PM
SHADOW well the sun has gone and we aint in their shadow any more

To to be fair I am not a Utd supporter, or any team in the EPL for that matter, but one swallow and all that!

Love the Green
21-04-2014, 07:33 PM
To to be fair I am not a Utd supporter, or any team in the EPL for that matter, but one swallow and all that!

2 maybe

DH1875
21-04-2014, 07:35 PM
£56 I believe !

WTF, really :shocked:.

Judas Iscariot
21-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Manchester City fans glory hunters?

Aye, good one.. Average crowds of 25k+ when in the 3rd tier

One group of fans nobody can call glory hunters

The support deserve the good times now after the bad times we've went through in the last 30+ years

Love the Green
21-04-2014, 07:38 PM

The support deserve the good times now after the bad times we've went through in the last 30+ years

:thumbsup::agree::top marks

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Funny how all the Citeh "supporters" on here have suddenly resurfaced. :agree:

Love the Green
21-04-2014, 07:40 PM
:confused:

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 07:43 PM

Aye glory hunters, where are they all tonight? They do know they can still win the league? They are a big club from a big city, their owners have spent hundreds of millions of pounds to try and win them trophies, and here we are 4 games to go and the team still in the title race but the place looks like easter road?

lapsedhibee
21-04-2014, 07:43 PM

One thing I don't understand about this board. When Manchester U were doing well there were Manchester U fans on here giving it the we this we that; when Manchester C did very well a couple of years ago it was the same we this we that; now that Liverpuddle are going to win the league there's hunners of Puddle Followers with the we this we that. I don't understand why when Chelski were in the ascendency there wasn't the same rash of Chelski likers going we this we that. Why oh why not? :dunno:

Winston Ingram
21-04-2014, 07:45 PM

Tbf Man City have always had a good core. At the moment they are now where near the size of Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool and aren't always going to fill that stadium.

The clubs that have bought success like City & Chelsea don't regularly sell out. You could buy an ST for City & Chelsea no bother where at the likes of Spurs for example you'd have to join the back of 45k waiting list

Albion Hibs
21-04-2014, 07:46 PM

Dont know if I agree with that...but only because that might mean I have to give some credit / acknowledgment to rangers!!

Love the Green
21-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Aye glory hunters, where are they all tonight? They do know they can still win the league? They are a big club from a big city, their owners have spent hundreds of millions of pounds to try and win them trophies, and here we are 4 games to go and the team still in the title race but the place looks like easter road?

BH get yourself along to spec savers..like easter road my arse we cannae even half fill it on a regular basis.:na na:

weonlywon6-2
21-04-2014, 07:53 PM
One thing I don't understand about this board. When Manchester U were doing well there were Manchester U fans on here giving it the we this we that; when Manchester C did very well a couple of years ago it was the same we this we that; now that Liverpuddle are going to win the league there's hunners of Puddle Followers with the we this we that. I don't understand why when Chelski were in the ascendency there wasn't the same rash of Chelski likers going we this we that. Why oh why not? :dunno:

Haha,do you know anyone that likes chelsea??

Most people supporting them up here have only done so because of the money invested,they were poor before that,jeez we even played them at easter road pre season and i couldnt be bothered going cause they were nobodys then,imo of course !

erin go bragh
21-04-2014, 07:58 PM

Can remember city getting crowds of 30k plus when they were 2nd div .
Glory hunters my Jim Royle .

Ggtth

Expecting Rain
21-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Not a City fan but it amuses me the amount of United fans moaning about them spending money.

J-C
21-04-2014, 08:01 PM
They're a bit like Leeds, big club back in the 60's 70's and had a good strong hard core of fans that stayed loyal throughout.

lapsedhibee
21-04-2014, 08:03 PM

Most people supporting them up here have only done so because of the money invested,they were poor before that,jeez we even played them at easter road pre season and i couldnt be bothered going cause they were nobodys then,imo of course !

There's a few Chelski likers on the board - think one even had a CFC avatar, can't remember who - but don't recall noticing any of the triumphalist pish that followers of the other three have come out with. Perhaps Chelski likers are just shy and retiring types, in the image of their manager.

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 08:04 PM

It amazes me where they all disappeared to last season and now suddenly back, Like another poster said: Same with the Liverpool supporters.

Before I am accused of being a sore Man United fan I would check the West Ham scores before anyone else.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 08:16 PM
BH get yourself along to spec savers..like easter road my arse we cannae even half fill it on a regular basis.:na na:

How do you explain all those empty seats tonight, i think its because a lot of their fans have given up the ghost on winning the league. Glory hunters in my book. :greengrin Not that i really give a toss, and enjoyed it immensely when they won it a couple of seasons ago.:wink:

heretoday
21-04-2014, 08:17 PM
It's odd but I always turn off City when they are on the TV. Aston Villa too. Just cannot watch them for some reason.

It's a funny old game, Saint.

DC_Hibs
21-04-2014, 08:27 PM
"our", "we", "we've". You've got to laugh at the Sky generation EPL fans on Hibs forums arguing with each other about gloryhunters!!

To be fair, some of them actually go and sit amongst the other fitba tourists once or twice a season watching the game from behind their cameraphones and soaking up the oustanding atmosphere of English "footie".......................

I supported Spurs when I was a bairn.

Judas Iscariot
21-04-2014, 08:43 PM
"our", "we", "we've". You've got to laugh at the Sky generation EPL fans on Hibs forums arguing with each other about gloryhunters!!

To be fair, some of them actually go and sit amongst the other fitba tourists once or twice a season watching the game from behind their cameraphones and soaking up the oustanding atmosphere of English "footie".......................

Aye?

Seen city more this season than I have Hibs and I have a ST at ER..

Cameraphones? Have I just teleported back to the 90's?!

Winston Ingram
21-04-2014, 09:09 PM

I met my first ever Chelsea fan last year. I'm sure I read somewhere that they are one of the best supported clubs in the world. They certainly aren't well supported in this country.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 09:11 PM

Well United get called gloryhunters, despite the fact they were the best supported team in the UK when they didn't win the league for 26 years, and were even the best supported team when in the second division for a season. Doesn't stop bitter people using the term however. They've been rubbish this season, but I guarantee there will be 75,000 at every home game next season.

City can't fill the Emptihad, yet want to expand it.

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 09:14 PM
I met my first ever Chelsea fan last year. I'm sure I read somewhere that they are one of the best supported clubs in the world. They certainly aren't well supported in this country.

You're lucky then, cant move for the ****my Chelsea *******s round my way! :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Hardly surprising considering they were mid table at best before buying success. Plastic, just like Chelsea.

VivaHiberña
21-04-2014, 09:29 PM

:agree: You're going to get a reaction for that soon enough but you're not the only one thinking it.

I prefer the bright lights and glamour of Elland Road myself. :greengrin

Eyrie
21-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Not a City fan but it amuses me the amount of United fans moaning about them spending money.

For me the difference is that United were spending money they had earned whilst City have spent someone else's money to buy overnight success. Just like Chelsea did.

I'm not a fan of any particular English side, although I had a soft spot for Liverpool as a kid because of Dalglish. Despite that I'm not bothered about them winning the title this year, other than thinking they deserve it for the way Rodgers has them playing.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 10:06 PM
For me the difference is that United were spending money they had earned whilst City have spent someone else's money to buy overnight success. Just like Chelsea did.

I'm not a fan of any particular English side, although I had a soft spot for Liverpool as a kid because of Dalglish. Despite that I'm not bothered about them winning the title this year, other than thinking they deserve it for the way Rodgers has them playing.

Even as a Man United man I must agree with you. Liverpool would be worthy winners. I didn't see them as potential champions for a moment.

Speedy
21-04-2014, 10:11 PM

Is it any worse than being an Edinburgh based Rangers/Celtic fan who goes once a season?

LancashireHibby
21-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I can safely say I'm one of the few here who could support either of the Manc clubs as a genuine local club....and they can both sod off (as can Liverpool).

jgl07
22-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Tbf Man City have always had a good core. At the moment they are now where near the size of Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool and aren't always going to fill that stadium.

The clubs that have bought success like City & Chelsea don't regularly sell out. You could buy an ST for City & Chelsea no bother where at the likes of Spurs for example you'd have to join the back of 45k waiting list
We'll how come that City have a waiting list of 6,730 for season tickets? You have to pay £100 to get on the waiting list incidentally.

Every Premier League match (and every FA cup match as we exclude one midweek replay) at the Etihad has been sold out for the last three seasons prior to the WBA match. Empty seats are down to matches constantly being rescheduled to Monday night when many families cannot make.

Liverpool's stadium holds about 43,000. If they had such great support then why have they not expanded in the last 20 years. City are currently expanding the Etiihad to 60,000 plus with work underway now.

Cameron1875
22-04-2014, 12:22 AM
City have became everything they previously resented. Overpaid players and day tripper fans, tough luck.

Bostonhibby
22-04-2014, 07:41 AM

My two mates have been chelsea fans for decades, their other team is Hibs, they have been to 2 away games and 3 home games this season, we have lost every one but they like what we stand for and our fans. They well remember when Chelsea were doing nothing in front of half empty grounds.

What can they do? Stop supporting their team because of ownership? We are still turning up despite many here's feeling about the stewardship of our club. Its a sign of the times that chelsea fans like these get cast alongside the gloryhunters but they themselves are enjoying the success, I dare say some here would as well so long as its the rich owners own money they are spending.

Expecting Rain
22-04-2014, 08:41 AM

If it was say Stoke City fans complaining about Man City i could see where they where coming from but believe me a lot of so called United fans ( not all of them ) are in denial about all the signings they have made which have cost them over £15,000,000 and how unbearable or hypocritical would they be if they could have world domination, they think that normal life should just consist of Manchester United success. If Hibs were guaranteed a degree of success due to some big spender the only complaints would be coming from the likes of Celtic and the cheats over the other side of town. Like most people i guess it would be refreshing if football was a level playing field for all.

H18Y GW
22-04-2014, 08:52 AM

Every **** and Hun i have on my FB bar 2 are Chelski Fans, and most Pre Russian money..
Some kinda Red white and Blue love in ****.

Ross4356
22-04-2014, 09:40 AM
We'll how come that City have a waiting list of 6,730 for season tickets? You have to pay £100 to get on the waiting list incidentally.

Every Premier League match (and every FA cup match as we exclude one midweek replay) at the Etihad has been sold out for the last three seasons prior to the WBA match. Empty seats are down to matches constantly being rescheduled to Monday night when many families cannot make.

Liverpool's stadium holds about 43,000. If they had such great support then why have they not expanded in the last 20 years. City are currently expanding the Etiihad to 60,000 plus with work underway now.

Absolute nonsense mate, there are always empty seats at the Etihad and claiming week nights as a reason is just daft as all clubs have games moved but when did you last see, Chelsea, Utd or Liverpool with empty seats

As Utd fans say the council house is only sold out when they come to play

Even more empty seats when this is done.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-26168685

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Absolute nonsense mate, there are always empty seats at the Etihad and claiming week nights as a reason is just daft as all clubs have games moved but when did you last see, Chelsea, Utd or Liverpool with empty seats

As Utd fans say the council house is only sold out when they come to play

Even more empty seats when this is done.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-26168685

:agree: There's always quite a few empty seats dotted around the etihad on match days, even Saturdays or Sundays. The myth that they have this huge support who are going to fill a 62k capacity stadium is funny, when its built it will look even more empty than it did last night if they are not guaranteed to win the league.

Last nights crowd really surprised me, they very rarely fill the etihad these days, but because the supporters feel they have blown the league the crowd was very poor in my opinion.

And showed me personally that they have more than their fair share of glory hunters.

Bill Milne
22-04-2014, 09:52 AM
It's not called the EmptyHad for nothing!!

Love the Green
22-04-2014, 09:02 PM
:agree: There's always quite a few empty seats dotted around the etihad on match days, even Saturdays or Sundays. The myth that they have this huge support who are going to fill a 62k capacity stadium is funny, when its built it will look even more empty than it did last night if they are not guaranteed to win the league.

Last nights crowd really surprised me, they very rarely fill the etihad these days, but because the supporters feel they have blown the league the crowd was very poor in my opinion.

And showed me personally that they have more than their fair share of glory hunters.

glory hunters here we go again CITY step out of the swampies shadow and nobody is allowed to mention it, always about the size of the support..which is not all that matters, Necastle and arsenal have big supports but win nothing for years.The arrogance if swampie fans is similar to old firm fans devibe right to win all matches..tell you 1 thing the swamp wont be full for any CL games next season..but hey wait a minute they will just buy success oh hold on U*****D never do that thye bring through the youth players van pursey, fellini, disnae matta Ferdinand shrek and many more:thumbsup:

Crazyhorse
22-04-2014, 09:27 PM
My two mates have been chelsea fans for decades, their other team is Hibs, they have been to 2 away games and 3 home games this season, we have lost every one but they like what we stand for and our fans. They well remember when Chelsea were doing nothing in front of half empty grounds.

What can they do? Stop supporting their team because of ownership? We are still turning up despite many here's feeling about the stewardship of our club. Its a sign of the times that chelsea fans like these get cast alongside the gloryhunters but they themselves are enjoying the success, I dare say some here would as well so long as its the rich owners own money they are spending.

I'm one of those who dislike Chelsea (for in the end fairly irrational reasons I suppose) but you make a good point.

HH81
22-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Well United get called gloryhunters, despite the fact they were the best supported team in the UK when they didn't win the league for 26 years, and were even the best supported team when in the second division for a season. Doesn't stop bitter people using the term however. They've been rubbish this season, but I guarantee there will be 75,000 at every home game next season.

City can't fill the Emptihad, yet want to expand it.

There has been gaps at every home game at old Trafford this season, what are you on about?

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2014, 09:36 PM
There has been gaps at every home game at old Trafford this season, what are you on about?

What are you on about, more like. That's patently untrue. I know you hate Man United, but that's nonsense, despite tickets being substantially more expensive than City's and the home form being terrible.

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2014, 09:42 PM
http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5739Here's the EPL attendance this season, according to ESPN

Winston Ingram
23-04-2014, 11:13 AM

I get my info from an ST holder pal of mine (He lives near Aberdeen) so apologies if not 100%. He's been trying to get me to get one and tells me it'd be no bother (i'm not interested in getting one btw). That coupled with the huge amounts of empty seats i see on the TV.

I get the Monday night part but v Southampton at the beginning of the month on the Saturday, there were huge amounts. Even on the Monday, particularly Monday there, the amount of empty seats were astronomical.

As for Liverpool, they had plans to build in Stanley Park but Hicks/Gillette's money troubles knocked that on the head. The state of the debt they left the club in minus CL football income for 5 years knocked that back significantly. One thing is for sure thought, there were rarely any empty seats there during those empty years. Even on a Monday.

As for City's 60k. They have 47k now and plus say 7k waiting leaves 6k empty seats. Imagine what a Monday night would look during that era will look like:confused:

HH81
23-04-2014, 11:42 AM
What are you on about, more like. That's patently untrue. I know you hate Man United, but that's nonsense, despite tickets being substantially more expensive than City's and the home form being terrible.

So every game at old Trafford this season has been a 100% sell out?

mmmmhibby
23-04-2014, 11:51 AM
City have became everything they previously resented. Overpaid players and day tripper fans, tough luck.

You have to laugh at this, am sure we would like a Sheikh pumping £1 billion into Hibs. Overpaid players, I agree but day tripper fans, hardly!!! Its time Man Utd accepted theres only 1 team in Manchester now, and its city!!!

Keith_M
23-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Liverpool's stadium holds about 43,000. If they had such great support then why have they not expanded in the last 20 years. ...

I presume you haven't read any of the newspapers articles (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9019171/Liverpool-opt-for-original-Stanley-Park-stadium-plan-to-replace-Anfield-after-rejecting-futuristic-design.html) in the last ten years about Liverpool's plans to build a new stadium and the reasons it hasn't happened?

p.s. No, I'm not a Scouser

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2014, 12:05 PM
So every game at old Trafford this season has been a 100% sell out?

Every league game yes. You have to be a member to even APPLY for tickets. They don't go on general sale. You might get a GS for the league cup or a European tie against an obscure team, but never in the league. You can look at the ticketing page on Manutd.com. Remaining home games almost sold out (a few hundred left) and are only open to members. That's in a 76000 stadium remember.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-04-2014, 12:36 PM
You have to be a member to even APPLY for tickets.

Cannae argue with that! :-)

Gus
23-04-2014, 12:45 PM
You have to laugh at this, am sure we would like a Sheikh pumping £1 billion into Hibs. Overpaid players, I agree but day tripper fans, hardly!!! Its time Man Utd accepted theres only 1 team in Manchester now, and its city!!!

hahahahahaha this makes me laugh

Love the Green
23-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Every league game yes. You have to be a member to even APPLY for tickets. They don't go on general sale. You might get a GS for the league cup or a European tie against an obscure team, but never in the league. You can look at the ticketing page on Manutd.com. Remaining home games almost sold out (a few hundred left) and are only open to members. That's in a 76000 stadium remember.

Yes thats right ****in fleece you by making you pay to be a member to buy available tickets for games including league games they have not sold...if it FOOL every home game how is the average well below the capacity Caril Vodmann could not get those figures to stack up..the CITY is ours:na na:

Moulin Yarns
23-04-2014, 12:51 PM
I would like to declare myself a glory hunter.

I'm trying to get a Cup final ticket and a seat on a Saint Johnstone Bus to the Cup Final :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Yes thats right ****in fleece you by making you pay to be a member to buy available tickets for games including league games they have not sold...if it FOOL every home game how is the average well below the capacity Caril Vodmann could not get those figures to stack up..the CITY is ours:na na:

Dear oh dear, you got lucky when a multi billionaire decided he needed a football club for tax purposes and he pitched up at the Emptihad,. It could have been Wigan or Bolton, but he chose Manchester City. Now you think you're Real Madrid. If and when Mansoor walks away, City will find their true level again i.e. bouncing between the top two divisions.

DH1875
23-04-2014, 02:50 PM

That's nothing. The amout of barca fans on here is just mental and I bet most of them havn't even farted in the camp nou. And before anyone starts, I know a couple of you have, I've even done it myself.

Michael
23-04-2014, 03:10 PM
When you support a Scottish team that gets beat every week (i.e. Hibs) you're pretty much entitled to attach yourself to an English team of your choice for the purposes of glory hunting.

Unfortunately, I went with Arsenal....even Hibs have won a major trophy more recently!

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2014, 03:49 PM
You have to laugh at this, am sure we would like a Sheikh pumping £1 billion into Hibs. Overpaid players, I agree but day tripper fans, hardly!!! Its time Man Utd accepted theres only 1 team in Manchester now, and its city!!!:faf: Probably the stupidest thing I've read on here.

Bostonhibby
23-04-2014, 03:51 PM
When you support a Scottish team that gets beat every week (i.e. Hibs) you're pretty much entitled to attach yourself to an English team of your choice for the purposes of glory hunting.

Unfortunately, I went with Arsenal....even Hibs have won a major trophy more recently!

Me and my Chelsea supporting mates must be glory hunters as we also alternate between Boston Utd and Lincoln City depending on who is doing best / what pubs we fancy going to :-)

LancashireHibby
23-04-2014, 06:59 PM
I hate both Manc clubs so I'm not biased in the slightest, and I can tell you that United have been begging folk to buy match tickets this season. Unheard of in previous years for them to be advertising on the radio etc but it's been virtually every game this season. The "waiting list" is the biggest myth going these days.

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2014, 07:31 PM

Liverpool have today announced their expansion plans for the main stand etc.

mixumatosis
23-04-2014, 07:43 PM
:faf: Probably the stupidest thing I've read on here.

Probably ?

I certainly can't be @rsed, but would anyone care to work out Citeh's trophy deficit and how long it would take them to draw even with Utd if they were to win a double a season ?

Jonnyboy
23-04-2014, 07:44 PM
You've gotta laugh at some of the indignation posted on this thread. I've been a 'fan' of Man City since the days of Colin Bell, Franny Lee and Jim Corrigan and I wouldn't consider myself a glory hunter :greengrin Moaning that they've bought success is about the daftest conclusion. If Hibs were bought by a rich sheikh and he spent loads of dosh making us the best team in Scotland would those complaining about that happening at Man City immediately stop following Hibs because they were buying success?

Incidentally, I am chuffed that Liverpool look like they might just usurp the biggest spenders and win the title playing blindingly entertaining football. Maybe because I have a soft spot for them too :wink:

HH81
23-04-2014, 07:56 PM

Rubbish. I do not fall for your it. We both know anyone can buy a ticket for any game at old Trafford these days.

In fact I have been offered them to most home games but have declined the lot, looking back it could have been funny laughing at all the tears.

yekimevol
23-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Strange that the stadium looks pretty fool to me - pic.twitter.com/2trL4lKLHU (http://t.co/2trL4lKLHU)

J-C
24-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Rubbish. I do not fall for your it. We both know anyone can buy a ticket for any game at old Trafford these days.

In fact I have been offered them to most home games but have declined the lot, looking back it could have been funny laughing at all the tears.

You have to be registered with old Trafford to be able to get tickets, when someone is unable to attend and these tickets become available, your name will be picked out of the data base and you'll be offered them at face price,if you don't want them it goes to the next person drawn out. Before my son got his season ticket, that's how him and his mate got their tickets.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2014, 09:16 AM
You've gotta laugh at some of the indignation posted on this thread. I've been a 'fan' of Man City since the days of Colin Bell, Franny Lee and Jim Corrigan and I wouldn't consider myself a glory hunter :greengrin Moaning that they've bought success is about the daftest conclusion. If Hibs were bought by a rich sheikh and he spent loads of dosh making us the best team in Scotland would those complaining about that happening at Man City immediately stop following Hibs because they were buying success?

Incidentally, I am chuffed that Liverpool look like they might just usurp the biggest spenders and win the title playing blindingly entertaining football. Maybe because I have a soft spot for them too :wink:

One of my best friends is a City fan, we watched the game on monday night and he was embarrassed by the crowd. He's 48 and followed them home and away in the past, but he could not believe the amount of empty seats in the ground.

I'm not a fan of City or even United, i dont support any team but i do admire the way City and in previous seasons Arsenal have played the game. And like you i have been very impressed with the way Liverpool have played this season, how i'd love to see just a glimpse of that at Easter Road.

When i started this thread, it was a result of my mate commenting on the crowd. I also wondered what some of the City sympathisers would say on it, and if their opinion was different when talking about The rangers or Celtic? :wink:

mmmmhibby
24-04-2014, 09:53 AM
:faf: Probably the stupidest thing I've read on here.

Turn it in, so your saying that Man Utd are a better team than Man City? Head out sand alert.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Turn it in, so your saying that Man Utd are a better team than Man City? Head out sand alert.

No, they're not right now, but when a middle-eastern multi-billionaire turns up out of the blue and makes you the richest club in the world overnight, that's not such a great shock. We'd all be okay with that: laughing stock to big time in the blink of an eye.

HH81
24-04-2014, 12:11 PM
You have to be registered with old Trafford to be able to get tickets, when someone is unable to attend and these tickets become available, your name will be picked out of the data base and you'll be offered them at face price,if you don't want them it goes to the next person drawn out. Before my son got his season ticket, that's how him and his mate got their tickets.

Times have changed, not anymore you don't. General sale in common these days.

HH81
24-04-2014, 12:13 PM
No, they're not right now, but when a middle-eastern multi-billionaire turns up out of the blue and makes you the richest club in the world overnight, that's not such a great shock. We'd all be okay with that: laughing stock to big time in the blink of an eye.

Would be interesting to find out how much both Manchester clubs have spend on transfers in the last say 15 years?

Gus
24-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Would be interesting to find out how much both Manchester clubs have spend on transfers in the last say 15 years?

I saw something on SSN that read something like, over the last 5 years Man United have spent £210 million to City's £432 million.

J-C
24-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Times have changed, not anymore you don't. General sale in common these days.

This was only 2 years ago, he gave up his season ticket, he's a dad now

J-C
24-04-2014, 12:19 PM
I saw something on SSN that read something like, over the last 5 years Man United have spent £210 million to City's £432 million.

Yep, Both City and Chelski both spent more than Man U this past 10 years

Billy Whizz
24-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Yep, Both City and Chelski both spent more than Man U this past 10 years

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

Last 5 years. Surprised to see Liverpool as 3rd highest spenders

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2014, 12:24 PM

And United have at least spent their own income, not been plucked from obscurity by someone with no attachment to the club who is filthy rich. Mansoor has put over a billion into the bitters so far. What's in it for him? It must be some type of tax thing. I don't know.

City are currently one of the clubs being investigated by UEFA under the financial fair play rules of course.

City are a nothing cub who hit the jackpot, like Chelsea, but these owners could decide to leave as quickly as they arrived. Their stature is demonstrated by the fact United fans want City to win the league to stop Liverpool!

JohnStephens91
24-04-2014, 02:36 PM
The first page of this thread was embarrassing to read. The usage of "we" and "we've" especially.

Jonnyboy
24-04-2014, 07:01 PM
One of my best friends is a City fan, we watched the game on monday night and he was embarrassed by the crowd. He's 48 and followed them home and away in the past, but he could not believe the amount of empty seats in the ground.

I'm not a fan of City or even United, i dont support any team but i do admire the way City and in previous seasons Arsenal have played the game. And like you i have been very impressed with the way Liverpool have played this season, how i'd love to see just a glimpse of that at Easter Road.

When i started this thread, it was a result of my mate commenting on the crowd. I also wondered what some of the City sympathisers would say on it, and if their opinion was different when talking about The rangers or Celtic? :wink:

Really???? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Really???? :greengrin

:greengrin A typing slip John. I dont have any affiliations to an English club. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm a glory hunter but not a very good one, I chose Hibs!

VivaHiberña
24-04-2014, 07:42 PM
And United have at least spent their own income, not been plucked from obscurity by someone with no attachment to the club who is filthy rich. Mansoor has put over a billion into the bitters so far. What's in it for him? It must be some type of tax thing. I don't know.

City are currently one of the clubs being investigated by UEFA under the financial fair play rules of course.

City are a nothing cub who hit the jackpot, like Chelsea, but these owners could decide to leave as quickly as they arrived. Their stature is demonstrated by the fact United fans want City to win the league to stop Liverpool!

:faf: Please stop digging.

Have you considered that Man Utd's current financial position has alot to do with stuff like this (http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2013/aug/09/manchester-united-financial-sector)? Man Utd have an "Official Diesel Engine Partner" for goodness' sake! They're hardly a wee local team living off the support of a loyal, local fanbase and the "aye but City spent mullions" argument is just weird. Yes, Man Utd did have to earn the success that won them big followings in Asia and the Americas but the fact is both clubs are just troughs full of foreign money.

The first page of this thread was embarrassing to read. The usage of "we" and "we've" especially.

:agree: I've no issue with people who follow an English Premiership team, if anything to make watching it a bit more interesting, but how folk can come on a Hibs forum and "us" and "we" about Utd, City etc is just odd.

(Maybe excepting the odd real Scousers and Mancunians on here.)

Jonnyboy
24-04-2014, 07:47 PM
:greengrin A typing slip John. I dont have any affiliations to an English club. :wink:

:greengrin

Over the years I've collected a few clubs I look out for, including Man City :greengrin

The Omega Man
24-04-2014, 07:49 PM

If you talk to a Manchester City fan what they will tell you is that a lot of them are uneasy about supporting a team that has gone from rags to riches. I was at the League Cup final with Sunderland at Wembley and I was able to talk to some of them. A lot of them yearn for the good old/bad old days.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2014, 07:59 PM
If you talk to a Manchester City fan what they will tell you is that a lot of them are uneasy about supporting a team that has gone from rags to riches. I was at the League Cup final with Sunderland at Wembley and I was able to talk to some of them. A lot of them yearn for the good old/bad old days.

I talk to lots of them, there's buses that leave Blackpool every home game to go to the Etihad. :greengrin

The Omega Man
24-04-2014, 08:01 PM
I talk to lots of them, there's buses that leave Blackpool every home game to go to the Etihad. :greengrinNo surprise really. Most big English PL clubs will have supporters from all over England who travel from different parts of the country.

Love the Green
24-04-2014, 08:11 PM

What load of bollocks they are over £300 million in debt..CITY owe nothing..the u*****d fans only want City to win cause Liverpool will join them on 20 titles ...tell me a team that have won the league in recent years without it costing money in any league.. give it a rest united a\t this time are murder let other teams supporters enjoy our limited success gready basratds want everything and cant handle anyone else getting glory..old firm clones

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2014, 08:14 PM
What load of bollocks they are over £300 million in debt..CITY owe nothing..the u*****d fans only want City to win cause Liverpool will join them on 20 titles ...tell me a team that have won the league in recent years without it costing money in any league.. give it a rest united a\t this time are murder let other teams supporters enjoy our limited success gready basratds want everything and cant handle anyone else getting glory..old firm clones

Not this season they won't, will be on 19 if they win it not 20.

Love the Green
24-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Not this season they won't, will be on 19 if they win it not 20.

whats 1 title when you have won so many...it will still annoy them like hell :wink:

jgl07
24-04-2014, 09:09 PM
I get my info from an ST holder pal of mine (He lives near Aberdeen) so apologies if not 100%. He's been trying to get me to get one and tells me it'd be no bother (i'm not interested in getting one btw). That coupled with the huge amounts of empty seats i see on the TV. Your mate is talking complete rubbish. Usually, City have about 2,000 seaon ticket a year available through wasteage and non-renewals. Unless you are in the top third of the waiting list you will have to wait at least until 2015-2016. Do you seriously think that 6,700 people would pay £100 deposit up front if you could swan up and buy one?

I get the Monday night part but v Southampton at the beginning of the month on the Saturday, there were huge amounts. Even on the Monday, particularly Monday there, the amount of empty seats were astronomical.
The Southampton match was a 12:45 kick-off and was fully sold out. City have had four 3:00 Saturday matches this season. They always sell out quickly. Matches on a Sunday, lunch time or tea time on Saturday take longer. Monday and Wednesday even longer.

If City can be criticised it is for pitching the season ticket price rather too low and the walk up prices too high. That encourages people to buy season tickets who cannot attend a lot of matches.

As for Liverpool, they had plans to build in Stanley Park but Hicks/Gillette's money troubles knocked that on the head. The state of the debt they left the club in minus CL football income for 5 years knocked that back significantly. One thing is for sure thought, there were rarely any empty seats there during those empty years. Even on a Monday.

As for City's 60k. They have 47k now and plus say 7k waiting leaves 6k empty seats. Imagine what a Monday night would look during that era will look like:confused:
Why this obsession with empty seats? It is a Manchester United mentality to go on and on about such issues. That is strange as there are thousands empty at the swamp every match. Barcelona and Real Madrid have loads of empty seats for most if not all matches. Every team in England has empty seats with the possible exceptions of Chelsea and Arsenal (where you pay £1,500 for a season ticket).

It is likely that the first phase of expansion will take things up to 53k. It could be a year or so before the second phase is complete. The first phase is now under construction. By comparison Liverpool have been blethering about this for the past fifteen years without any action beyond architects' sketches.

Anyway, there would be far fewer empty seats if the Etihad if it had an Anfield-sized 43,000 capacity.

Jonnyboy
24-04-2014, 09:26 PM
I get my info from an ST holder pal of mine (He lives near Aberdeen) so apologies if not 100%. He's been trying to get me to get one and tells me it'd be no bother (i'm not interested in getting one btw). That coupled with the huge amounts of empty seats i see on the TV.

Not true. I was at that game and there were very few empty seats

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Who really cares about empty seats and so called glory hunters, if folk want to start watching teams as they become successful then let them. It's no different to the crowd swelling at Easter Road when the team perform well and us selling out at Hampden. A lot of rubbish being spouted on here about ticket availability for certain teams, have a look through the season on the club websites, it's far easier to get tickets at certain grounds than people on here are willing to admit.

MKHIBEE
25-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Me and my Chelsea supporting mates must be glory hunters as we also alternate between Boston Utd and Lincoln City depending on who is doing best / what pubs we fancy going to :-)

I enjoyed my away days to Boston with the imps, much better than a Grimsby away day.

Bostonhibby
25-04-2014, 12:05 PM
I enjoyed my away days to Boston with the imps, much better than a Grimsby away day.

Yep, grim indeed :-) were you at the 2-2 Derby game where gazza scored one and made the other to get Boston back into it? Jason Lee got the other I think. Strange times at Boston those were. They had Tam McManus as well!

jacomo
25-04-2014, 03:39 PM

They own large chunks of West London and South East England. Can't imagine Chelsea care whether anyone in Scotland likes them.

weonlywon6-2
25-04-2014, 07:20 PM

Were united not over 600 million in the red when the americans took over ?

Utd grossly overspent before the takeover

Bostonhibby
25-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Were united not over 600 million in the red when the americans took over ?

Utd grossly overspent before the takeover

Not a utd fan at all but they were self financing before the takeover then the Glaziers bought the club on Finance based on Man utd's own turnover, then they did go into debt, not so much owing it to yourselves as buying yourselves-allegedly obviously.

MKHIBEE
26-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Yep, grim indeed :-) were you at the 2-2 Derby game where gazza scored one and made the other to get Boston back into it? Jason Lee got the other I think. Strange times at Boston those were. They had Tam McManus as well!

Wasn't there that day but must admit I am surprised to see Steve Evans managing at the level he is, no time for him at all.

Greenworld
26-04-2014, 07:39 AM
whats 1 title when you have won so many...it will still annoy them like hell :wink:

No I dont think so just fire up united for further dominance

Greenworld
26-04-2014, 07:46 AM

Bostonhibby
26-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Wasn't there that day but must admit I am surprised to see Steve Evans managing at the level he is, no time for him at all.

I agree, thought he might have been a more natural fit for the yam job. Certainly yam class, and not lacking in conviction :-)

Boston were spending some money then but we now know that some of it they might have "owed to themselves" they have fallen quite a way since as a result but they are doing okay now.

Scouse Hibee
26-04-2014, 09:11 AM

Not much chance of that.

HKhibby
26-04-2014, 11:12 AM

Im not a UTD or City fan but one difference between the 2 is Alex Ferguson may have spent big money on players, but they were quality players...well most of them!, he certainly did not buy the league, he filled the team year after year with quality, and when they were getting too old he sold them on, so hence they did not win the league every year!, City on the other hand have always been the the club of Manchester that had a bigger support in the Manchester area than UTD did, Utd having their support from everywhere else but Manchester!
But when this lot bought / took over City they along with Chelsea have always tried to buy the league!,

As i said i don not support any of them, but im sure as hell rather see UTD win the league with players brought through or hand picked and signed as youth players etc.. with or without Ferguson!...rather than City buying the league with players that could'nt even point to Manchester on a map!...same with Chelsea...where did their massive support all of a sudden come from?....QPR / Fulham / Reading /Brentford / Crystal Palace!

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Im not a UTD or City fan but one difference between the 2 is Alex Ferguson may have spent big money on players, but they were quality players...well most of them!, he certainly did not buy the league, he filled the team year after year with quality, and when they were getting too old he sold them on, so hence they did not win the league every year!, City on the other hand have always been the the club of Manchester that had a bigger support in the Manchester area than UTD did, Utd having their support from everywhere else but Manchester!
But when this lot bought / took over City they along with Chelsea have always tried to buy the league!,

As i said i don not support any of them, but im sure as hell rather see UTD win the league with players brought through or hand picked and signed as youth players etc.. with or without Ferguson!...rather than City buying the league with players that could'nt even point to Manchester on a map!...same with Chelsea...where did their massive support all of a sudden come from?....QPR / Fulham / Reading /Brentford / Crystal Palace!

I think that point has been proven to be a myth, there was a list posted somewhere that i saw a while back of post codes of season ticket holders from both clubs. United had more from the Manchester area. Might have been because they have 20 thousand more people in their ground each home game, but they had more folk from the manchester area as season ticket holders.

Haymaker
26-04-2014, 12:17 PM
They own large chunks of West London and South East England. Can't imagine Chelsea care whether anyone in Scotland likes them.

a lot of Chelseas older support is scattered but they follow Chelsea due to politics etc. Similar to Rangers.

rcarter1
26-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Not really a follower of English football, but this article seemed to capture some interesting points about being a football fan..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26704856

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Ibrox today looks pretty much like the Etihad did the other night, glory hunters anyone? :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2014, 01:21 PM
City perhaps do have a lot of glory hunters these days ...... but not amongst the 30 odd thousand who stuck by them through all those relegations, they deserve every bit of success they get.

But stories about away fans being charged £50 for tickets and last season £60 by Arsenal ........ No wonder there are empty seats and fan boycotts. Somethings gonna give dan sarf eventually ...... talk about taking the peesh

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2014, 01:24 PM
City perhaps do have a lot of glory hunters these days ...... but not amongst the 30 odd thousand who stuck by them through all those relegations, they deserve every bit of success they get.

But stories about away fans being charged £50 for tickets and last season £60 by Arsenal ........ No wonder there are empty seats and fan boycotts. Somethings gonna give dan sarf eventually ...... talk about taking the peesh

:top marks , was there not a game at either Arsenal or Chelsea where it was £80 odd to get in????:confused:

snooky
26-04-2014, 03:49 PM

:agree:
I had a soft spot for City ever since the Colin Bell/Mike Summerbee/Franny Lee days but that went right out the window when they became another 'we'll buy success' club, winning by a form of attrition, a-la OF et al.

Football is dead as a competitive sport.
Rip it up and start again, I say.

Andy Bee
26-04-2014, 04:33 PM
City seem to have upped their ticket pricing as the season is coming to an end, they were one of, if not, the cheapest ticket in the Premiership at one point. I took my boy to the City v Cardiff game for around £40 for both tickets, looking at the email history I have for upcoming games the Wigan game was £20 and £5 for under 16's, that's cheaper than Hibs and the food and drink on offer is also far cheaper not to mention far superior in quality and choice. Hibs could learn a lot from the match day experience that City put on it certainly differs from say going to an ER derby, getting fleeced for a fortune in sub standard grub then being turfed out by the high viz mafia only to be met by a stonking great barrier stopping you for the best part of an hour from getting to your car.

Signed

A. Tourist

emerald green
26-04-2014, 04:55 PM

:agree: :top marks

Andy Bee
26-04-2014, 05:40 PM

:agree: :top marks

Yup they resent the success they're achieving at the moment, I couldn't move because of the protests, I couldn't talk as they may have identified me as a "day tripper fan" by my accent, the chants of get them overpaid players out was deafening, yup that support was suicidal because of what they've became. :faf:

emerald green
26-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Yup they resent the success they're achieving at the moment, I couldn't move because of the protests, I couldn't talk as they may have identified me as a "day tripper fan" by my accent, the chants of get them overpaid players out was deafening, yup that support was suicidal because of what they've became. :faf:

It's easy to be happy when you just happen to be the fortunate position of being bankrolled by oil sheiks who can buy in loads of the world's best players. It's time rules were introduced to try to re-create an even playing field in football, especially in the English Premiership. Hardly any English (or British) players playing for Man City now. They've not really achieved success. Clubs like this have bought success. There's very little realistic competition.

Scouse Hibee
26-04-2014, 06:17 PM
It's easy to be happy when you just happen to be the fortunate position of being bankrolled by oil sheiks who can buy in loads of the world's best players. It's time rules were introduced to try to re-create an even playing field in football, especially in the English Premiership. Hardly any English (or British) players playing for Man City now. They've not really achieved success. Clubs like this have bought success. There's very little realistic competition.

Did Jack Walker not do the same thing on a smaller scale for Blackburn, Chelsea done it on a massive scale with Ambramovich so why should we single out City?

emerald green
26-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Did Jack Walker not do the same thing on a smaller scale for Blackburn, Chelsea done it on a massive scale with Ambramovich so why should we single out City?

I'm not singling out City mate, although I agree that's maybe how it came across in my post. I fully accept Man City fans put up with loads of s*** before the oil sheiks took over. Chelsea, if anything have bought success on an even greater scale (to date) than Man City. I just think that there needs to be rules brought in soon to create more of a level playing field, to create more realistic leagues where each team has a fair chance of competing properly over the course of a whole season.

Scouse Hibee
26-04-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm not singling out City mate, although I agree that's maybe how it came across in my post. I fully accept Man City fans put up with loads of s*** before the oil sheiks took over. Chelsea, if anything have bought success on an even greater scale (to date) than Man City. I just think that there needs to be rules brought in soon to create more of a level playing field, to create more realistic leagues where each team has a fair chance of competing properly over the course of a whole season.

:thumbsup:I see where you're coming from mate, maybe a limit on foreign players and a wage cap would be a good starting point along with some sound financial fair play rules that actually mean something.

emerald green
26-04-2014, 07:29 PM
:thumbsup:I see where you're coming from mate, maybe a limit on foreign players and a wage cap would be a good starting point along with some sound financial fair play rules that actually mean something.

Completely agree mate especially, as you say, about sound fair financial fair play rules. :agree:

Peevemor
26-04-2014, 07:40 PM
I haven't watched a single champions' league match this season as I'm totally disgusted by the money flying about. The EPL is the same. Bosman and tv money has killed the sport for me. OK the SPL is pants, but at least it still bears some semblance to the game that I grew up watching.

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2014, 07:52 PM
I haven't watched a single champions' league match this season as I'm totally disgusted by the money flying about. The EPL is the same. Bosman and tv money has killed the sport for me. OK the SPL is pants, but at least it still bears some semblance to the game that I grew up watching.

the athletic v chelski game the other night was my first viewing of any CL game this year/season, watched the final last year but not any games in any previous rounds

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2014, 03:17 PM
I wonder if the glory hunters that couldn't be bothered going last week will now feel they might just turn up for the next home game? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2014, 06:51 PM
:faf: Where the **** are all the Man City fans, whats tonight's excuse?

Pete
07-05-2014, 06:53 PM

At home watching the killie game.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2014, 06:54 PM

Traffic incident(s) according to the commentator