PDA

View Full Version : Lets turn up in numbers (again) and get the place rocking for the derby!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Us lot the fans need to turn up in numbers (again) on Sunday to roar our team onto victory over the already-relegated shower of *******s.

We can focus on our inadequacies as we have many. But it's the yams at home and should we win against them we take a huge step towards safety.

And why the **** should we fear that lot? They are pish.

They will come absolutely desperate to beat us.

We are long overdue a win. And I can't wait for Sunday.

**** going head to head with that lot at any time feeling inferior.

Bring them on and get the three points Hibs.

GGTTH.

P.s - TheCat23 must start the match thread!:greengrin

Billychaotic182
21-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Wish I could be optsmistic but I can't even get myself a little excited for the game and there is no way I'm spending money to come down from Aberdeen to watch that lot. Rather burn my money or give it to the homeless

Hermit Crab
21-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Us lot the fans need to turn up in numbers (again) on Sunday to roar our team onto victory over the already-relegated shower of *******s.

We can focus on our inadequacies as we have many. But it's the yams at home and should we win against them we take a huge step towards safety.

GGTTH.

Good luck with this mate. The club needs to give fans incentive to turn up, paying £28 for Sunday is not something folk are going to do with what's on offer on the pitch.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 07:16 PM

GGTTH.

Been saying for ages the cat needs to start the match day thread or we are doomed .Mon the Cat you can do this:wink:

Thecat23
21-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Right that's it.. This Sunday the match day thread is mine. Anyone who tries to sneak it in will be hunted down and made to watch Hearts for a season!! :D

Agree with OP though think we need to get ER packed. That way we can show we're not bottlers when it comes to these games even if players may be.

2-1 Hibs.

Newhaven
21-04-2014, 07:25 PM

GGTTH.

Yeah of course we should beat them like we should have beaten them twice at the asbestos dome and in the cup game at the san siro.

We're rarely up for these games (no idea why) so I applaud any walk up fan paying £28 for the privilege. The fans always turn up in numbers - time for the players to grow a set.

For me I'm out.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Right that's it.. This Sunday the match day thread is mine. Anyone who tries to sneak it in will be hunted down and made to watch Hearts for a season!! :D

Agree with OP though think we need to get ER packed. That way we can show we're not bottlers when it comes to these games even if players may be.

2-1 Hibs.
Good man ,me and my son are going ,might now try and persuade my daughter her boyfriend ,my big sister and nephew See how easy it is to get a crowd if we all try .

Judas Iscariot
21-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Why? We'll just get pumped again no matter what the crowd is :rolleyes:

Thecat23
21-04-2014, 07:43 PM

Can I sit next to you? Just you sound a good laugh ;D

Pretty Boy
21-04-2014, 07:44 PM
It's the team that need to turn Up this time.

I'll be there and up for it but the players owe us a performance. Balls in their court.

Thecat23
21-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Good man ,me and my son are going ,might now try and persuade my daughter her boyfriend ,my big sister and nephew See how easy it is to get a crowd if we all try .

I'll be there along with my mate and also dragging Aldo on here along. Can't not go to the derby.

SteveHFC
21-04-2014, 07:45 PM
I'll be there along with my mate and also dragging Aldo on here along. Can't not go to the derby.

Awwwwww :D

DH1875
21-04-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm working on it :thumbsup:.

We could have sold out the away end at the pbs twice over a couple of weeks ago. To many folks focusing on the yams and their problems. Lets get back to what really matters, our team and back them from start to finish. Biggest derby since the cup final and if it all goes pete tong, we can hold a demo after the game :tee hee:.

Aldo
21-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Indeed you are. Cannot wait tbh.

On ma best behaviour as well'!!

Judas Iscariot
21-04-2014, 07:51 PM

I was going to say sadly I won't be there but I'm not sad about it at all, far better things to be doing on Sunday :aok:

rcarter1
21-04-2014, 07:52 PM

GGTTH.

:thumbsup::agree::flag:

Thecat23
21-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Awwwwww :D

We may even hold hands Steve!!! :D

Diclonius
21-04-2014, 08:04 PM
I'll be there. Will be as vocal in support as I always am at the derby but don't really want to think about the result.

Hibs90
21-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Dunno if I can be bothered to be honest. I work every second weekend so am usually desperate to go if I miss a few games. It'll be another defeat to them probably. I could spend my £28 ticket money at the pub watching the game or playing a round of golf which seems much more appealing. I'll probably end up going though and end up coming home bitterly disappointed yet again

weonlywon6-2
21-04-2014, 08:10 PM

Agree with OP though think we need to get ER packed. That way we can show we're not bottlers when it comes to these games even if players may be

2-1 Hibs.

Why someone doesnt just have a smack at goal and you never know

Aldo
21-04-2014, 08:13 PM

Mmmmmmmm!!! Aye you and yur mate (invisible wan) ;-)

Thecat23
21-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Why someone doesnt just have a smack at goal and you never know

If we go the first half without a shot on goal I'm demanding I get on for the second half. No matter where I am on the pitch I'm shooting.. HOOOOOOOF!!!

Thecat23
21-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Mmmmmmmm!!! Aye you and yur mate (invisible wan) ;-)

Hee hee ;)

Aldo
21-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Hee hee ;)

Or bring him

Bronson
21-04-2014, 08:18 PM

That's the spirit mate.

I'll be there, wouldn't miss a derby for the world, even if we are a bit of a mess right now.

Agree with Pretty Boy, players owe us a performance more than ever.

jeffers
21-04-2014, 08:18 PM
If we go the first half without a shot on goal I'm demanding I get on for the second half. No matter where I am on the pitch I'm shooting.. HOOOOOOOF!!!

That's my shout for Sunday sorted "bring on Thecat23" ! Hate to think what response I'll get from MM tho.

Thecat23
21-04-2014, 08:20 PM
That's my shout for Sunday sorted "bring on Thecat23" ! Hate to think what response I'll get from MM tho.

Haha, hopefully he's a little more polite this time around!!

Aldo
21-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Haha, hopefully he's a little more polite this time around!!

Ha ha. You and your gammy knee could probably do better tbh??

SteveHFC
21-04-2014, 08:24 PM

This but Malpas will tell me to **** off :faf:

Casper
21-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Or bring him

Aye count me in ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
This but Malpas will tell me to **** off :faf:

Mate keep your phone in your pocket with a gif ready if he does :D

Nando™
F***ing right I'll be there. F*** hiding from those pink freaks.

1-0 Hibs.

Aldo
21-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Aye count me in ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed

Thecat23
Aye count me in ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooh we now a a three ball ;D

Aldo
F***ing right I'll be there. F*** hiding from those pink freaks. 1-0 Hibs.

That's the Spirit D.

Thecat23
F***ing right I'll be there. F*** hiding from those pink freaks.

1-0 Hibs.

Now this I like. Well said.

hibbypostie
21-04-2014, 08:28 PM

why o why do you have that McPake quote underneath your quotes when you are saying the opposite
:confused:

SteveHFC
21-04-2014, 08:38 PM

http://i.imgur.com/p26EVRL.gif

SteveHFC
21-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Mate keep your phone in your pocket with a gif ready if he does :D

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

Judas Iscariot
21-04-2014, 08:40 PM
why o why do you have that McPake quote underneath your quotes when you are saying the opposite
:confused:

Because at the time he said it and for the rest of that season, he meant it..

Sadly the the club have lost all leadership and fight on the park since James has struggled with injury

jeffers
21-04-2014, 08:42 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

Is this for when F comes on or when his first shot goes out for a throw in ?

Wotherspiniesta
21-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Always makes me laugh when folk pretend that they'll be doing something else on derby day. " Much rather go play golf" "Better things to do on a Sunday"

Aye right, you'll be watching Hibs like the rest of us, you liars!

greenlex
21-04-2014, 09:18 PM
I wish all the doomsday negative ***** would just **** of to a negative thread. Theres plenty of them. Mon the Hibs.

jakeshibs
21-04-2014, 09:27 PM
we must turn out in numbers our club needs us, this is when we need to be counted, stand firm!!! mon the Hibs!!

The_Horde
21-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Yes nando.

The day I'm beaten by those peado creeps before I even enter then stadium is the day I'm as bad as those wage thieves we call our players.

F*** hearts.

2-0 hibs

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 09:36 PM
We'll be there again, but I'll say it now - we'll lose - and I'm guessing most of us believe that deep down. It's an awful situation to be in, but I just can't see us winning or even getting a point. We know from countless experiences that Hibs don't turn in a derby when it matters. We have no confidence and no attacking threat. Hearts, on he other hand, have nothing to lose and no pressure.

Hibs90
21-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Always makes me laugh when folk pretend that they'll be doing something else on derby day. " Much rather go play golf" "Better things to do on a Sunday"

Aye right, you'll be watching Hibs like the rest of us, you liars!

Aye looks like it :greengrin

Glory Lurker
21-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Do I absolutely have to? :worried:

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Aldo is going to a game .How did you manage that .:wink:

iwasthere1972
21-04-2014, 10:09 PM
We should all stay away and there would be less pressure on the team to perform.

It's the way forward.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 10:13 PM
We should all stay away and there would be less pressure on the team to perform.

It's the way forward.
Novel idea .at the rate season ticket holders on .net are not renewing that could happen :wink:

LancashireHibby
21-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Would love to play my part but the early Sunday kick off rules me out. Will be up for the Killie game, which in the nicest possible way I hope has absolutely nothing riding on it.

ballengeich
21-04-2014, 10:38 PM
I'll be there. I hope I won't regret it.

boab1875
21-04-2014, 10:40 PM

GGTTH.

admire your enthusiasm but I can't see us scoring, nevermind winning

edinburghhibee
21-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Thankfully I'm at an all day wedding, I say thankfully because the less of us that turn up the less chance of us scaring our poor childlike footballers with our shouting and singing... Losers!!

Go on prove me wrong pussys!!!

basehibby
21-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Just got a couple of tickets for me and a pal today - hate these f'in Sun Lunch KOs but this is one where we need to stand up and be counted :cb

EH6 Hibby
21-04-2014, 10:46 PM
I was going to say sadly I won't be there but I'm not sad about it at all, far better things to be doing on Sunday :aok:

Why are you bothering to post on a Hibs message board then?

Saorsa
21-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Just got a couple of tickets for me and a pal today - hate these f'in Sun Lunch KOs but this is one where we need to stand up and be counted :cbDoes it make a difference tae what happens on the park? 1600 fans turned up last weekend, double that turned up at crimecastle, did it make any difference tae the performance or some of the shysters who wear our jerseys? Half have chucked it and dinnae seem tae want tae play for Butcher, if they dinnae want tae play for him they could at least for the people who pay their wages. Some are low on confidence, others are simply just no that good but that's nae excuse for lack of effort. TB disnae seem tae have a clue or be able tae dae anything about it. Sixteen hundred or sixteen thousand, I doubt it'll make any difference tae what happens on the park, it's no about the fans.

And for the record I'll be there.

Gatecrasher
21-04-2014, 11:00 PM
If given my ticket away, I'll enjoy a nice lie in then watch the game on TV. I'll give credit to those who went to paisley but to be honest I don't think the players deserve the support they get, they have given nothing back to the support but are greeting when they get a bit if stick. The current form is a shambles and it's clear they have no professional pride.

erin go bragh
21-04-2014, 11:03 PM
No way am i missing this derby ( could well be the last time we play them ) they are relegated ! We can make sure were not joining them by taking the 3pts on Sunday . Im no missing it . Lets get right behind the team like the last derby at ER and send them home to stink again .

Ggtth

GreenCastle
21-04-2014, 11:09 PM
This won't sell out - but I hope we get a decent crowd there.

The players don't deserve the fans - they are seriously due us a performance.

SlickShoes
21-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Maybe if I hadn't been at st mirren park on Saturday but that was the last straw for me this season, I'll be at the Partick game because it's free though.

oldbiker
21-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Maybe the players and managment team should part with 28 notes and see if it inspires them in the way it does the supporters, lets face it for the last few weeks they have been ***** spectators

My_Wife_Camille
21-04-2014, 11:15 PM
;3979333']Yes nando.

The day I'm beaten by those peado creeps before I even enter then stadium is the day I'm as bad as those wage thieves we call our players.

F*** hearts.

2-0 hibs
Yas Slen!

The only thing worse than watching the losers on the pitch is listening to the losers in the support. The people on here that are saying that they won't be at the game and that they aren't even bothered can stay away for good IMO. You people are not Hibernian. If you can't support us when we are losing, then don't have the cheek to celebrate when we are winning.

I'll be ****ed if I ever go into ANY Hibernian game thinking that we're already beaten before a ball is kicked, especially against this gang of charity robbing, scarf twirling, tax dodging, kiddie fiddling, bottom of the league relegated freaks

I'll be there, prouder of Hibernian than ever!

Nailsea Hibby
21-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Done my tickets, heading up Thurs nite / Fri morn making a long w/end o it.

heretoday
21-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Hear Hear! Let's blow caution to the winds and get wired in!

SlickShoes
21-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Yas Slen!

The only thing worse than watching the losers on the pitch is listening to the losers in the support. The people on here that are saying that they won't be at the game and that they aren't even bothered can stay away for good IMO. You people are not Hibernian. If you can't support us when we are losing, then don't have the cheek to celebrate when we are winning.

I'll be ****ed if I ever go into ANY Hibernian game thinking that we're already beaten before a ball is kicked, especially against this gang of charity robbing, scarf twirling, tax dodging, kiddie fiddling, bottom of the league relegated freaks

Hahahha, sorry that after watching defeat after defeat after defeat I want a few weeks off, please please forgive me mr superfan.

Thecat23
22-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Is this for when F comes on or when his first shot goes out for a throw in ?

Haha, prob both ;D

Thecat23
22-04-2014, 06:28 AM

I'm a man of many talents Ronnie. It's holding him back if MM shouts at him that's the worry!!!!!!

Aldo
22-04-2014, 06:33 AM
I'm a man of many talents Ronnie. It's holding him back if MM shouts at him that's the worry!!!!!!

Mmmmmm!!! I'll leave the shouting to you TC23. You seem to be on shouting terms with him (well he is anyway) ;-)

Aldo
22-04-2014, 06:34 AM

Dear dear!!! Nice one Ronnie!!!

we are hibs
22-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Wont be back until there is a team on the park that can do the basics.

My_Wife_Camille
22-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Hahahha, sorry that after watching defeat after defeat after defeat I want a few weeks off, please please forgive me mr superfan.
Ditching your team during their time of need is unforgivable, especially with a derby coming up. Hopefully your 'few weeks off' is permanent.

Woody70x2
22-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Maybe the players and managment team should part with 28 notes and see if it inspires them in the way it does the supporters, lets face it for the last few weeks they have been ***** spectators

Heard that Hearts were 7/2 for the win... Rather stick my £28 on them winning and enjoy the +£100 that comes my way.

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Wont be back until there is a team on the park that can do the basics.

I am as pissed off with performance level as anyone,and am not going there filled with confidence but when the chips are down ,the media on our back ,other fans revelling ion our plight ,and T V pundits predicting our demise .This is the time to Stand Tall and show some defiance as a Support .Its the club we support and care about Teams come and go but I am not prepared to stop going at the point we are needed most .
If it turns out that we don't avoid the play off I will be able to say I did my bit to support the club in its our of need .
But as individuals we all have our choices to make ,I just hate seeing TV showing a derby at Tyncastle packed out and then one at Easter road with lots of empty seats .Gives the hearts ammunition to still say they are the Big Team and the one thing you can't criticise them for is that when there team has been down they have come out to support them even after the 7 0 defeat by Celtic .
Do you really want to end up saying I missed that last Derby win .

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Heard that Hearts were 7/2 for the win... Rather stick my £28 on them winning and enjoy the +£100 that comes my way.
Still going to game but these odds are so good I might put something on them .Was saying to Aldo I never win when I bet so here's hoping that run continues and all those that choose not to go but put money on hearts to win loose out :wink:

Jones28
22-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Working unfortunately. The fans will turn up regardless, it's up to the team

lyonhibs
22-04-2014, 07:18 AM
This will probably be the poorest home turn out for a derby in years, and can't say I blame those staying away. Maybe Petrie might twig, though I doubt it.

Might see if my local will put it on, but genuinely not fussed either way.

Cabbage East
22-04-2014, 07:33 AM
These players have shown that the fans turning up in numbers makes **** all difference to them. In fact it probably hinders them because they're such whiteys. Still, it's a derby so I'll be there.

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 07:34 AM
This will probably be the poorest home turn out for a derby in years, and can't say I blame those staying away. Maybe Petrie might twig, though I doubt it.

Might see if my local will put it on, but genuinely not fussed either way.

Least to say living in Zurich .

KdyHby
22-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Won't be at the match as I'm in Stockholm. Have asked the recipient of my season ticket to make a donation to: http://leithlinks4kids.com

GreenCastle
22-04-2014, 07:41 AM
It's a shame the timing of the derby comes after a horrific run of form and another game when the fans have traveled and been let down again (Paisley).

The last new year derby showed the potential of the club if the fans feel like there is something worth watching.

As many have said it's if the team turns up which is key - 3 points is more vital than a sell out.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 08:12 AM
And still the negative comments and snide digs at fans looking to back the club/team in a derby. I've said it before. **** off to a negative thread. There's plenty of them.

Craig_in_Prague
22-04-2014, 08:15 AM
And still the negative comments and snide digs at fans looking to back the club/team in a derby. I've said it before. **** off to a negative thread. There's plenty of them.

You're quite aggresive for a 'positive' person.

Why people can't read all views without exploding, I'll never know. It's a forum afterall, you'll get varying views on every single thread. It's probably what makes hibs. net quite interesting.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 08:23 AM
You're quite aggresive for a 'positive' person.

Why people can't read all views without exploding, I'll never know. It's a forum afterall, you'll get varying views on every single thread. It's probably what makes hibs. net quite interesting.
I see it as part of the problem. Folk seem to be relishing the ***** wee find ourselves in. Does my head in. By all means be negative but does it have to be on a thread where someone is trying to rally the troops? Continual negativity on very thread is far from interesting in fact it's boring as ****.

SlickShoes
22-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Ditching your team during their time of need is unforgivable, especially with a derby coming up. Hopefully your 'few weeks off' is permanent.

How many "times of need" have we had recently? what has the outcome been each time?

I have no idea why you would want fans to never turn up again, are you really that stupid that you think the only supporters of a club are the ones that turn up every week?

If that was the case hibs would have went under years ago.

SlickShoes
22-04-2014, 08:42 AM
I see it as part of the problem. Folk seem to be relishing the ***** wee find ourselves in. Does my head in. By all means be negative but does it have to be on a thread where someone is trying to rally the troops? Continual negativity on very thread is far from interesting in fact it's boring as ****.

Maybe, people are becoming fed up of being TOLD to get behind the team? I am still 100% supporting hibs but I am not going to drop the best part of £30 just to get in to a football match just before pay day when they are as awful as I have seen in the past few games.

We got a great turn out in Paisley and the players on the park managed to kill any good will and excitement the fans had generated in 13 seconds. I don't know if you were at the game but it was a massive sucker punch. It's as hard to take as getting trounced 7-0 by malmo, or getting beaten by a complete makeshift terrible hearts team at the start of the season.

It takes a long time to foster some good will but not long to destroy it, hibs have been destroying it for a good few years now. Then every week someone trots out the pish that if you are not at the game you are not a real supporter.

Watching these players the last few weeks has been totally demoralising from a football point of view, I continue to support hibs but I can't justify going to this game and paying that money to see those same players make the same mistakes again.

jakeshibs
22-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Yas Slen!

fantastic post! I will be there as am a Hibs supporter and will stand by my team no matter what, Mon the Hibs

calling all Hibs fans, lets back our team, as they need us, look at the last time we filled it out was a great night, lets drag the team over the finish line. I have supported Hibs for 40 years, not enjoying what I am seeing on the pitch or what am reading from other Hibees, but come on, lets stand firm support our team, show everyone how much this club means to us all

when times are difficult like now, that's when you need the support, not negative posts,

If you fail to turn up and shout the team on surely you must look at yourself, do you not want better??? not being there helps no one.

if we had that attitude during WWII we would be German, dig In stand firm, stand together, mon the hibs, mon the hibees, our team needs us!

Craig_in_Prague
22-04-2014, 08:44 AM

I agree people shouldn't overload every single thread with their negativity.

but when your team is doing so god damn awful, we all deal with it differently. I am sure not 1 single hibs fan can relish our predicament. That's nonsense, we are all hurting and desperate for the team to do better.... Some maybe just don't want to build themselves for more failure. Afterall, that's what Hibs are brilliant at doing, time and time again.

I am sure on match day - those that do attend will back the team. On here though, no wonder most people are feeling negative. Hibs test you, a lot.

neil7908
22-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Out it Turkey so wont make the game but to be honest, even if I was back home (I live about 15 minutes walk from ER) I'm not sure if I would be able to convince myself to go.

Earlier this season I decided not to get an ST but was going to just about every home game. The same thing would happen every weekend - I'd say up until the last minute that I wasn't that bothered, could find better things to do with my day etc but come Saturday morning I could'nt stand the idea of not being at ER when there was a game on.

The longer the season has gone the more i have drifted to the point where unless I go on here, I'm not even sure who our next fixture is against.

I was there game after game when we went down in 1998 (to be fair I was pretty young at the time), then in the 1st division can remember us losing to Stranraer at home but still coming back.

Myself, my dad and my brother all went to games and had ST's at this point but now both my dad (supported Hibs for 40+ years) and my brother have been at only 1-2 games this season and I'm missing more games than at any point in my 20 years of support.

I know as a fan you need to stick by the team through it all but like a lot of folk I'm having a really hard time getting myself excited or even interested in watching this current group of players.

Russ
22-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Yas Slen!

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2014, 09:09 AM
My £28 will be going on them at 7/2, i will watch it on the telly wanting us to win of course, but if we don't and they beat us as they usually do the winnings will pay for a night out on the piss.

Russ
22-04-2014, 09:13 AM
My £28 will be going on them at 7/2, i will watch it on the telly wanting us to win of course, but if we don't and they beat us as they usually do the winnings will pay for a night out on the piss.

Spoken like a true Hibby :wink:

gegs70
22-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Out it Turkey so wont make the game but to be honest, even if I was back home (I live about 15 minutes walk from ER) I'm not sure if I would be able to convince myself to go.

Earlier this season I decided not to get an ST but was going to just about every home game. The same thing would happen every weekend - I'd say up until the last minute that I wasn't that bothered, could find better things to do with my day etc but come Saturday morning I could'nt stand the idea of not being at ER when there was a game on.

The longer the season has gone the more i have drifted to the point where unless I go on here, I'm not even sure who our next fixture is against.

I was there game after game when we went down in 1998 (to be fair I was pretty young at the time), then in the 1st division can remember us losing to Stranraer at home but still coming back.

Myself, my dad and my brother all went to games and had ST's at this point but now both my dad (supported Hibs for 40+ years) and my brother have been at only 1-2 games this season and I'm missing more games than at any point in my 20 years of support.

I know as a fan you need to stick by the team through it all but like a lot of folk I'm having a really hard time getting myself excited or even interested in watching this current group of players.

I tend to agree I suppose, my son is 12 and we both struggle to.get excited about the games. There is no excitement, no football and it's expensive!!! We need to pay for decent players but utilise some good youngsters so they can learn something rather than the journey men we are picking up!

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2014, 09:34 AM

:greengrin Will always be a fan, but my days of following this lot spending thousands of pounds a year are over. Never used to miss a derby, now i genuinely don't want to go.

I'm going to visit my kids instead, sadly probably one of the first times i have put them first before Hibs.

TornadoHibby
22-04-2014, 09:34 AM

Whilst not a betting man myself (ever!!), I have heard quite a few of those that do at ER doing exactly this over the past couple of months strangely enough! :agree:

They seem to have been doing quite well too! :wink:

FranckSuzy
22-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Won't be at the match as I'm in Stockholm. Have asked the recipient of my season ticket to make a donation to: http://leithlinks4kids.com

Thanks very much, again!

greenlex
22-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Maybe, people are becoming fed up of being TOLD to get behind the team? I am still 100% supporting hibs but I am not going to drop the best part of £30 just to get in to a football match just before pay day when they are as awful as I have seen in the past few games.

We got a great turn out in Paisley and the players on the park managed to kill any good will and excitement the fans had generated in 13 seconds. I don't know if you were at the game but it was a massive sucker punch. It's as hard to take as getting trounced 7-0 by malmo, or getting beaten by a complete makeshift terrible hearts team at the start of the season.

It takes a long time to foster some good will but not long to destroy it, hibs have been destroying it for a good few years now. Then every week someone trots out the pish that if you are not at the game you are not a real supporter.

Watching these players the last few weeks has been totally demoralising from a football point of view, I continue to support hibs but I can't justify going to this game and paying that money to see those same players make the same mistakes again.
If you don't want to spend money watching crap football that's fair enough but don't trot out the 100% supporting Hibs because they don't go together. I've no problem with folk being thouroughly fed up and pissed off and I am not claiming to be an uber fan and am not slagging folk about being a real supporter either. I am just as pissed off believe me. I am saying this was a positive rallying call for folk to get behind the team on Sunday. Either do it or don't. What does piss me off is folk adding to the tread in a negative snidey way. Just ignore this thread and go to the dozens of other threads thst are negative. Better still start your own why you shouldn't go on Sunday.

AndySOL1875
22-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Im getting 5 hour long train at 6.30 AM up from Manchester for this, hoping the atmosphere is as good as the 2-1 NY derby this year. Jesus that seems like such a long time ago :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GGTTH :flag:

Franck Stanton
22-04-2014, 12:44 PM

Unfortunately, I find myself agreeing with you. The imposters we have pretending to be players just don't give flying one.

borstalboy
22-04-2014, 01:09 PM
What strikes me most with this thread is that if we had players who even had 10% of the passion we all have for Hibs....especially against them, we'd most definitely fair a lot better!! or at least put up a fight!

We have some weak minded, chicken livered players in our team at the moment and that needs addressed, they really dont get what it means for us to beat them!

Time for a few of the successful under 20's side to step up, at least you'd get commitment, effort and a will to win! Can't see what harm it would do considering we're shipping goals and getting beat anyway!!

SlickShoes
22-04-2014, 01:21 PM
If you don't want to spend money watching crap football that's fair enough but don't trot out the 100% supporting Hibs because they don't go together. I've no problem with folk being thouroughly fed up and pissed off and I am not claiming to be an uber fan and am not slagging folk about being a real supporter either. I am just as pissed off believe me. I am saying this was a positive rallying call for folk to get behind the team on Sunday. Either do it or don't. What does piss me off is folk adding to the tread in a negative snidey way. Just ignore this thread and go to the dozens of other threads thst are negative. Better still start your own why you shouldn't go on Sunday.

Why would I start a thread about telling folk not to go? I don't want others not to go, I am free to express my feelings on why I won't be at the game though regardless of what thread it is.

You can support a team without being at every game and giving every last penny to them, don't be so ridiculous.

SlickShoes
22-04-2014, 01:25 PM
fantastic post! I will be there as am a Hibs supporter and will stand by my team no matter what, Mon the Hibs

calling all Hibs fans, lets back our team, as they need us, look at the last time we filled it out was a great night, lets drag the team over the finish line. I have supported Hibs for 40 years, not enjoying what I am seeing on the pitch or what am reading from other Hibees, but come on, lets stand firm support our team, show everyone how much this club means to us all

when times are difficult like now, that's when you need the support, not negative posts,

If you fail to turn up and shout the team on surely you must look at yourself, do you not want better??? not being there helps no one.

if we had that attitude during WWII we would be German, dig In stand firm, stand together, mon the hibs, mon the hibees, our team needs us!

They needed us last weekend and look what happened there, comparing hibs being ***** to world war 2 is quite luaghable.

What can i do to make hibs better? Pay £28 and go along in the blind hope that the same players that have won 1 game since the start of the year will somehow beat our closest rivals?

I understand that the team needs support but they need to give us something worth supporting, I have been going to games with my Dad since 1989/90 season and this is the worst hibs team I have ever seen.

GreenCastle
22-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Those fans having a go at others for not going are blaming the wrong people.

They should be aiming their anger towards RP and the board - these are the people responsible for turning fans away in their droves.

hibs fans have stood up and been counted many a time - we shouldn't be having a go at each other - you can't judge anyone over an Internet forum their commitment to the club.

Compared to the board and club stats which don't lie how bad we are doing.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Why would I start a thread about telling folk not to go? I don't want others not to go, I am free to express my feelings on why I won't be at the game though regardless of what thread it is.

You can support a team without being at every game and giving every last penny to them, don't be so ridiculous. Not 100% you cant. Nothing ridiculous about that.

Onion
22-04-2014, 04:04 PM

They should be aiming their anger towards RP and the board - these are the people responsible for turning fans away in their droves.

hibs fans have stood up and been counted many a time - we shouldn't be having a go at each other - you can't judge anyone over an Internet forum their commitment to the club.

:top marks Spot on.

And 7/2 against the Yams is like free money. Unbelievable odds.

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2014, 04:08 PM
:top marks Spot on.

And 7/2 against the Yams is like free money. Unbelievable odds.

They are, and whilst I think they'll beat us AGAIN, I wouldn't bet on Hearts to beat Hibs at 100/1. That is dirty money.

eggbamyasi
22-04-2014, 04:15 PM

Hehe :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

H18Y GW
22-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Not for me,last Derby i missed Brian Kerr scored,we won

Hoping for a bit of the same,taking myself to the pics with no internet

Scottie
22-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Im getting 5 hour long train at 6.30 AM up from Manchester for this, hoping the atmosphere is as good as the 2-1 NY derby this year. Jesus that seems like such a long time ago :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

**** me 5 hours train journey are you coming up on the auld steam train frae Manchester ? :cb

Hope its worth the long journey up. Well done mate :aok:

emerald green
22-04-2014, 06:01 PM

Absolutely :not worth mate. I really hope Hibs can win on Sunday for you (and every Hibs supporter). There wont be 20,000+ attendance this time though I'm afraid.

SouthamptonHibs
22-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Hopefully we get a good crowd on Sunday. Im not flying up for this game as its my birthday on Sunday. I'll enjoy the game from the comfort of my house with a cold beer (if results going bad it is easy to change channels and try and enjoy the rest of my day)

Hermit Crab
22-04-2014, 06:29 PM

Theres a #petrieout thread for that.

SouthamptonHibs
22-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Prediction for Sunday is 12,800 fans. 3,800 Hearts and 9,000 Hibs. The game has the same feeling as the first game at ER in 12/13 season when we drew 1-1 (first time we played them after final), crowd was well under 13,000 for that game

jakeshibs
22-04-2014, 06:42 PM
They needed us last weekend and look what happened there, comparing hibs being ***** to world war 2 is quite luaghable.

What can i do to make hibs better? Pay £28 and go along in the blind hope that the same players that have won 1 game since the start of the year will somehow beat our closest rivals?

I understand that the team needs support but they need to give us something worth supporting, I have been going to games with my Dad since 1989/90 season and this is the worst hibs team I have ever seen.

I was talking about our negative attitude, I understand how you feel being going to Easter Road since 1977, seen worse but its no excuse for our performances of late however not attending does not help and only compounds or problems.

we can dig and show some unity, some passion, some spirit, some fight, I know only to well how many times we have been let down but our survival in the top league depends on us.

if we all go pay our money that will assist our manager get the players we need to get entertainment back at ER.

I know its not easy but I implore you and every other hibby, to get in that stand and cheer our boys on and silence those cheating YAMS, I will never let them come to our home and act like they own us, not scared of them or the result, will be too busy supporting the HIBS!

jakeshibs
22-04-2014, 06:45 PM

I blame the players on the pitch no one else

Sean1875
22-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Missing the game cause ive got an exam in Dundee the next day.. whoever organised the exam timetable this year I owe a drink :greengrin

Glory Lurker
22-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Missing the game cause ive got an exam in Dundee the next day.. whoever organised the exam timetable this year I owe a drink :greengrin

:greengrin Nice one! Any chance that they'd want to insist I sit the exam, too?