PDA

View Full Version : Summer Signings

Pages : [1] 2

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 04:50 PM
A bit early, but does anybody genuinely know who we are after or heard anything atleast?

Cheers.

we are hibs
21-04-2014, 04:53 PM
I heard we were after nick ross and dean brill from ICT, don't know how much truth is in that though

sbell1875
21-04-2014, 05:04 PM
I'd take Kallum Higginbotham if he was available.

SaulGoodman
21-04-2014, 05:06 PM
I think if we get Stevie May and McKay we could romp the first division, come back up, debt free and still the big team.

Wait, where am I?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 05:06 PM
I'd take Kallum Higginbotham if he was available.

Same. I liked that Liam Kelly that was at Killie, dunno where he is now!

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 05:07 PM
A bit early, but does anybody genuinely know who we are after or heard anything atleast?

Cheers.

Surely it will depend what Division we're in?

hibees 7062
21-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Same. I liked that Liam Kelly that was at Killie, dunno where he is now!

Bristol City

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 05:14 PM

Good point actually.

jimmyboco1875
21-04-2014, 05:17 PM
I think if we get Stevie May and McKay we could romp the first division, come back up, debt free and still the big team.

Wait, where am I?

Hehehehe

Sir David Gray
21-04-2014, 05:22 PM

:agree: There's no way that we could seriously hope to make any plans for next season when we don't know which division we'll be playing in next season.

I can't see many players agreeing to sign for us until there's some certainty about next season.

R'Albin
21-04-2014, 05:22 PM

Wait, where am I?

:hilarious

ALF TUPPER
21-04-2014, 05:26 PM

Wait, where am I?

Hahahaha * good one*

Hibees - ......still got a sense of humour !!

Franck Stanton
21-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Hahahaha * good one*

Hibees - ......still got a sense of humour !!

If we didnae laugh - we'd greet

silverhibee
21-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Has Marsella had any time to do scouting for new players, what with him being full time coach at EM.

Col2
21-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Has Marsella had any time to do scouting for new players, what with him being full time coach at EM.

Not sure but he has found time to visit the fridge a few times...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Sure I heard he's been looking at Kane Hemmings, Blackburn also interested.

Hermit Crab
21-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Sammy the tammy to replace Nelson.

Diclonius
21-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Sammy the tammy to replace Nelson.

I could replace Nelson.

nribs
21-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Heard we could get Griffiths for 150k nut sure if it's true or not?

calder45a
21-04-2014, 08:40 PM

Cheers.

Heard David Moyes is looking for a move.

Time For Heroes
22-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Riordan could do a job.....

I'll get my coat. :D

neil7908
22-04-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm really concerned that even if we stay up it'll be a big struggle to attract any serious talent after the season we've had.

edinburghhibee
22-04-2014, 09:10 AM
I like joe cardle who was at Dunfermline and is now at raith he's a direct wee winger and whips in a good ball. Think he would come regardless of the league too. Kane Hemmings is another one who is doing well at Cowdenbeath.

gegs70
22-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Is Terry more likely to recruit from the English lower leagues?

hibseleven
22-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I like joe cardle who was at Dunfermline and is now at raith he's a direct wee winger and whips in a good ball. Think he would come regardless of the league too. Kane Hemmings is another one who is doing well at Cowdenbeath.

some of the balls into the box against us in the Cup were quality. I'd sign him.

.Sean.
22-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Sure I heard he's been looking at Kane Hemmings, Blackburn also interested.
Kane Hemmings has agreed to sign for Dundee.

Aldo
22-04-2014, 10:02 AM

Good signing for them.

Nailrod
22-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I've heard we're going to strengthen the squad with Anonymous Journeyman, Seasoned Mercenary, Lean-boned Pro, and Pointless Loanee and his twin brother (coincidentally also named Pointless Loanee).

Cropley10
22-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I've heard we're going to strengthen the squad with Anonymous Journeyman, Seasoned Mercenary, Lean-boned Pro, and Pointless Loanee and his twin brother (coincidentally also named Pointless Loanee).

Any idea when we're likely to get these guys in?

SteveHFC
22-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Any idea when we're likely to get these guys in?

2nd of July? :cb

Broken Gnome
22-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Cardle would annoy the hell out of us. Flatters to deceive.

Speedway
23-04-2014, 09:11 AM
We're being linked with this boy today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Croft

bingo70
23-04-2014, 09:22 AM

Linked with him in the papers or just something youve heard?

hfc-1875
23-04-2014, 09:23 AM

Not a signing id really be excited about. If this is the standard were looking at for next season it's going to be another long one.

Speedway
23-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Linked with him in the papers or just something youve heard?

The papers.

Peevemor
23-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Not a signing id really be excited about. If this is the standard were looking at for next season it's going to be another long one.

And we're off....

hfc-1875
23-04-2014, 09:27 AM
And we're off....

?

bingo70
23-04-2014, 09:28 AM

Ive basically got no opinion of the guy as ive not seen enough of him to make a judgement.

I do think you need to be wary of your expectations though, butcher seems to target people from the lower leagues down south, and had some success that way so i wouldnt go expecting too many exciting signings.

hfc-1875
23-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Ive basically got no opinion of the guy as ive not seen enough of him to make a judgement.

I do think you need to be wary of your expectations though, butcher seems to target people from the lower leagues down south, and had some success that way so i wouldnt go expecting too many exciting signings.

Well if that's the case then I probably won't know them so won't get excited, but will judge them when Ive seen them play. I've seen croft play and I'm not a fan, that's all.

Paperboy
23-04-2014, 09:37 AM

I do 'to think he has. You might be getting him mixed up with his strike partner Greig Stewart who has signed for Dundee. Hemmings still at Cowdenbeath as far as I'm aware.

Mikey09
23-04-2014, 12:21 PM
I would take wee Steven Lawless from Partick Thistle. Also Anyone who can score goals... :aok:

Bronson
23-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Here's the Lee Croft article, us and the sheep after him apparently http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/471900/Hibs-and-Dons-trailing-Croft

Would take him, certainly impressed me last season at ER by scoring a beauty from outside the box IIRC.

Bronson
23-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Also on SSN, appears to have some substance http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/16213/9279541/transfer-news-lee-croft-in-talks-with-st-johnstone-as-clubs-monitor-his-situation

Mikey09
23-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Here's the Lee Croft article, us and the sheep after him apparently http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/471900/Hibs-and-Dons-trailing-Croft

Would take him, certainly impressed me last season at ER by scoring a beauty from outside the box IIRC.

So he's off to the dons then.... :greengrin

Smartie
23-04-2014, 01:15 PM

Signing a player from St Johnstone because he had a decent game against us once?

Brilliant idea that. I'm sure it'll work.

All sarcasm aside, I think that this is a time when we need to all have 100% faith in Butcher to know what he's doing - and that includes Petrie putting faith in him. Did he not have a summer at ICT when he lost half a team yet still managed to replace them all and have an excellent start to the season?

I reckon he's the type of manager who signs players to fit a system. We need to buy into it and not get our knickers in a twist of the players aren't big names or we haven't like wht they've done at previous clubs. We'd have turned our noses up at all of the players who have achieved a lot at ICT so we just need to have a bit of faith in him.

And if that includes Croft then fine, I'm happy with that.

Cropley10
23-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Signing a player from St Johnstone because he had a decent game against us once?

All sarcasm aside, I think that this is a time when we need to all have 100% faith in Butcher to know what he's doing - and that includes Petrie putting faith in him. Did he not have a summer at ICT when he lost half a team yet still managed to replace them all and have an excellent start to the season?

I reckon he's the type of manager who signs players to fit a system. We need to buy into it and not get our knickers in a twist of the players aren't big names or we haven't like wht they've done at previous clubs. We'd have turned our noses up at all of the players who have achieved a lot at ICT so we just need to have a bit of faith in him.

Assuming we stay up it will be fascinating to see if the way we sign players in the summer changes under TB.

Full preseason or waiting to scrape around the bargain bins?

Nailrod
23-04-2014, 02:59 PM
I find this whole thread faintly delusional, in a sad kind of way.

By the end of the season:

1. We will have a management team who have either:
a. taken a team in apparent mid-table security to relegation, or
b. almost taken a team in apparent mid-table security to relegation

2. We will have no money as our season tickets will have plummeted and we have no other major sources of income.

3. We will have succeeded in crashing the careers of five apparently capable and talented SPL signings in the course of a single year - Craig, Robertson, Heffernan, Vine, and Tudor-Jones.

Why people believe that any player with a shred of talent and aspiration would want to sign for us is a mystery to me.

Cropley10
23-04-2014, 03:11 PM

2. We will have no money as our season tickets will have plummeted and we have no other major sources of income.

3. We will have succeeded in crashing the careers of five apparently capable and talented SPL signings in the course of a single year - Craig, Robertson, Heffernan, Vine, and Tudor-Jones.

Why people believe that any player with a shred of talent and aspiration would want to sign for us is a mystery to me.

Sad but true.

Never mind the negotiations with Rod.

ancient hibee
23-04-2014, 03:19 PM

Players will sign for anyone if it's for £20 quid a week more.

Cropley10
23-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Players will sign for anyone if it's for £20 quid a week more.

Really?

Got any examples.

Nailrod
23-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Players will sign for anyone if it's for £20 quid a week more.Deadbeat losers will sign for anyone if it's for 20 quid a week more, but I'm not sure that these are the guys we need to dig us out of our seven-year hole.

I'm not convinced aspirational players with talent will in fact sign for anyone for 20 quid a week more. Anyway, that point is moot. Since we're not going to have any money, we're going to have to find ways of persuading aspirational players with talent to sign for us for 20 quid less.

Bronson
23-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Absolute nonsense, Robertson would probably be our POTY had he stayed fit, Craig is our top scorer and matched his goal tally from last season months ago, the Heff isn't getting any younger, Vine was never a stand-out at St Johnstone. OTJ is a strange one, I'll give you that.

Plenty players will want to sign for us, we're one of the most attractive clubs up North outside Celtic regardless of recent form.

gunnerhibee
23-04-2014, 04:36 PM

I prefer Matt Cardle :-)

emerald green
23-04-2014, 05:40 PM
:agree: There's no way that we could seriously hope to make any plans for next season when we don't know which division we'll be playing in next season.

I can't see many players agreeing to sign for us until there's some certainty about next season.

:agree: That's the danger of getting relegated to the second division (lets stop calling it "the championship"). What decent player(s) is going to want to play in a lower league? Or is that the standard of player we are going to be in the market for because the club doesn't have the money to attract the quality players we desperately need?

cleanyman
23-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Lee croft will be an excellent signing for when we're in the championship

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-04-2014, 05:49 PM
That Songo'o from County is a good defender, we should look at him imo.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Can't believe we just lost out on Croft to Aberdeen for £500 a week. Total lack of ambition yet again

Bronson
23-04-2014, 06:15 PM
That Songo'o from County is a good defender, we should look at him imo.

I agree, reminds me a lot of Sol Bamba.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Can't believe we just lost out on Croft to Aberdeen for £500 a week. Total lack of ambition yet again

Sack the board.

SteveHFC
23-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Sack the board.

:agree:

Can't wait for the deadline day signings :na na:

Diclonius
23-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Rod won't fancy going head-to-head with Aberdeen so we can forget about Croft. Next.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Rod won't fancy going head-to-head with Aberdeen so we can forget about Croft. Next.

We probably wont get the next targer either, will have to settle for 5th choice as per!

Ronniekirk
23-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Assuming we stay up it will be fascinating to see if the way we sign players in the summer changes under TB.

Full preseason or waiting to scrape around the bargain bins?
That will be something that is under scrutiny by fans and media alike .if Petrie is perceived as dragging negotiations and we miss out on top targets think T B s frustration will be clear for all to see .
Really think the board need to show intent early on and I think they know this this time .if we avoid playoffs T B can use last few months performances to put pressure on board to deliver .if they don't and we are poor again next season board know it's rods head we want at AGM not another change in Manager .Is he going to risk another year of failure and falling attendances as if so he is putting future of club at risk as it's clear we are losing support at a rate that is damaging .
Yes I will always go but if there isn't intent shown and an improvement in play and player motivation then even though I have a season ticket I will pick and choose games and if on TV will think twice before going and I am someone that likes to go as often as I can .

Ronniekirk
23-04-2014, 07:52 PM

Saw him play against st mirren .my first impression was he was overweight and wondered if he had been out injured ,He started off at pace and showed flashes of skill that caused saints problems which is more than we did last Saturday .he stuck to his task out wide right and saw a lot of the ball and harried them .he actually upped work rate as game went on and put in lots of crosses into box ,was more effective than Wotherspoon that night although he also had a good game .
But always dangerous to make judgement on one game .

Onion
23-04-2014, 07:55 PM
That will be something that is under scrutiny by fans and media alike .if Petrie is perceived as dragging negotiations and we miss out on top targets think T B s frustration will be clear for all to see .
Really think the board need to show intent early on and I think they know this this time .if we avoid playoffs T B can use last few months performances to put pressure on board to deliver .if they don't and we are poor again next season board know it's rods head we want at AGM not another change in Manager .Is he going to risk another year of failure and falling attendances as if so he is putting future of club at risk as it's clear we are losing support at a rate that is damaging .
Yes I will always go but if there isn't intent shown and an improvement in play and player motivation then even though I have a season ticket I will pick and choose games and if on TV will think twice before going and I am someone that likes to go as often as I can .

Good analysis. Think TB will simply walk out of the club if Petrie does his usual bargain basement gig. TB could still walk away at that stage and blame everything on the mess that is Hibernian FC, Fenlon's Flops and Petrie's Penny-pinching. And the press will lap it up. They hate Hibs and Petrie and love Butcher.

Petrie really has no option here. If he still wants to remain in charge at ER, he has little option but to support TB. Despite his horrendous record, Butchers holds all the cards. Weird state of affairs !

hibees 7062
23-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Good analysis. Think TB will simply walk out of the club if Petrie does his usual bargain basement gig. TB could still walk away at that stage and blame everything on the mess that is Hibernian FC, Fenlon's Flops and Petrie's Penny-pinching. And the press will lap it up. They hate Hibs and Petrie and love Butcher.

Petrie really has no option here. If he still wants to remain in charge at ER, he has little option but to support TB. Despite his horrendous record, Butchers holds all the cards. Weird state of affairs !

Always will as long as Farmer's our owner

Diclonius
23-04-2014, 08:14 PM
We probably wont get the next targer either, will have to settle for 5th choice as per!

Goes without saying. :aok:

Aldo
23-04-2014, 08:17 PM

I hope TB and the gang have had a few sneaky wee look at some of our lower league players (mainly you with one or two from me) Suggestions BMD.

Some no bad players in amongst that lot was there not!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-04-2014, 10:12 PM
I hope TB and the gang have had a few sneaky wee look at some of our lower league players (mainly you with one or two from me) Suggestions BMD.

Some no bad players in amongst that lot was there not!!

Some fantastic players in there mate:agree:

SaulGoodman
23-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Was hoping to see decent discussion about who we could sign.

Pish thread full of self loathing.

IberianHibernian
23-04-2014, 10:52 PM

Petrie really has no option here. If he still wants to remain in charge at ER, he has little option but to support TB. Despite his horrendous record, Butchers holds all the cards. Weird state of affairs !I agree with this . So far TB has had no flak from press and will blame everything on previous managers , players , club etc if things continue like now ( or we survive and continue in bottom 8 ( not 6 ) position playing rotten football ) . Petrie will blame previous managers too if necessary as he did with Yogi . Being optimistic ( though I have doubts it`s really good for us ) I suspect Petrie has kept transfer kitty for TB aside for summer though obviously present run may jeopardise that ( though playoff crowd could be big ) .

SouthamptonHibs
24-04-2014, 05:12 AM
I don't think we are a million miles away from a good team, we just need to sign th quality experienced pro's in these positions:
1. New GK / keep Ben if he wants to stay
2. Right back
3 & 4. Two central defenders
5. Left back
6. Right winger/right midfieder
7. Central midfielder
8. Kevin Thomson (CM)
9. Left Winger/left midfielder
10. Striker
11. Striker

Subs/remaining squad
1. Murdoch
2. Stanton
3. Harris
4. Cummings
5. Forster
6. Handling
7. Hanlon
8+ the under 20's that are good enough for first team

Move on the rest of the players. We need a good mix of youth and experience, the experienced players should be helping our young guns come through and making them better players, last few years we have relied on the young guns to get us out of trouble

Note: no idea who has the magic swag bag to buy us these experienced pro's!

Squad size could be reduced down to 18/20 first team players plus help from under 20 players if needed. We should try and go for quality rather than quantity

Bronson
24-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Saw him play against st mirren .my first impression was he was overweight and wondered if he had been out injured ,He started off at pace and showed flashes of skill that caused saints problems which is more than we did last Saturday .he stuck to his task out wide right and saw a lot of the ball and harried them .he actually upped work rate as game went on and put in lots of crosses into box ,was more effective than Wotherspoon that night although he also had a good game .
But always dangerous to make judgement on one game .

He does look overweight but he's a similar build to Gary Taylor-Fletcher at Leicester, just helped them gain promotion and seems fit as a fiddle despite his appearance so I wouldn't judge Croft on that.

silverhibee
24-04-2014, 11:16 AM

meh. :greengrin

stevejordan
24-04-2014, 11:21 AM

TB Has already said he has never spent more than 5k on signing a player this fact probably was of great interest to Petrie when he was offered the job TB Has built good teams at ICT Working within a tight budget its Fenloans Duds that he is working with who he needs to ship out ASAP

Cropley10
24-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I don't think we are a million miles away from a good team, we just need to sign th quality experienced pro's in these positions:
2. Right back
5. Left back
7. Central midfielder
8. Kevin Thomson (CM)
10. Striker
11. Striker

Subs/remaining squad
1. Murdoch
2. Stanton
3. Harris
4. Cummings
5. Forster
6. Handling
7. Hanlon

Move on the rest of the players. We need a good mix of youth and experience, the experienced players should be helping our young guns come through and making them better players, last few years we have relied on the young guns to get us out of trouble

Squad size could be reduced down to 18/20 first team players plus help from under 20 players if needed. We should try and go for quality rather than quantity

Williams isn't staying and KT might have signed a precontract with United. Other than these two you're advocating signing a whole new team?

GreenOnions
24-04-2014, 11:58 AM
2. Right back
5. Left back
7. Central midfielder
8. Kevin Thomson (CM)
10. Striker
11. Striker

Subs/remaining squad
1. Murdoch
2. Stanton
3. Harris
4. Cummings
5. Forster
6. Handling
7. Hanlon

I understand your frustration but .....................

Paul Hanlon is an excellent defender and I hope he's at the centre of our defence next year.

Like you - I'd also love to keep both Williams and Kevin Thomson - although it doesn't look like they'll be here. Fingers crossed though.

Robertson, Stanton, Craig, Harris, Forster, Cummings and possibly Handling are also of the quality we need IMO. Hopefully some of the U-20's can also make the step up. I'd also like to keep Lewis Stevenson as he is a useful player to have around and can play in various positions. I know not all have played well this year but i really feel that's down more to other factors discussed many times on this board.

Main priorities for me are two full-backs who have a bit of pace and can get forward, a centre back, at least one pacey wide player and at least one striker. If Williams leaves then a keeper too.

.Sean.
24-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I do 'to think he has. You might be getting him mixed up with his strike partner Greig Stewart who has signed for Dundee. Hemmings still at Cowdenbeath as far as I'm aware.
I'm not getting him mixed up. As well as Stewart, Hemmings has agreed to sign for Dundee too.

Fergus52
24-04-2014, 05:32 PM
2. Right back
5. Left back
7. Central midfielder
8. Kevin Thomson (CM)
10. Striker
11. Striker

Subs/remaining squad
1. Murdoch
2. Stanton
3. Harris
4. Cummings
5. Forster
6. Handling
7. Hanlon

Out of the current squad Thomson is the only one you'd keep as a starter, yet you'd punt Robertson who was probably our player of the year before injury?

michael_wilson1
24-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Cardle , higgenbotham and lyle taylor if hes looking for a new club

Franck Stanton
24-04-2014, 06:03 PM

Would welcome all the above,

Unseen work
24-04-2014, 06:12 PM

Would take higgingbottom
Not take cardle
Not convinced on Taylor, seems to get in really good positions but miss some sitters. Saying that he does score more than any of out strikers!

Would add Taylor sinclair
Fraser fyvie
Danny Swanson
Billy McKay

To our list

Aldo
24-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Would take higgingbottom Not take cardle Not convinced on Taylor, seems to get in really good positions but miss some sitters. Saying that he does score more than any of out strikers! Would add Taylor sinclair Fraser fyvie Danny Swanson Billy McKay To our list

Don't think Cardle is good enough IMHO.

I would live us to sign Jamie Murphy however since his upturn in form I just can't see Sheff Utd wanting rid.

I think we may add two possibly 3 from SPFL but I reckon the rest will be from the lower leagues or development teams fron down south!!

bingo70
24-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Don't think Cardle is good enough IMHO.

I would live us to sign Jamie Murphy however since his upturn in form I just can't see Sheff Utd wanting rid.

I think we may add two possibly 3 from SPFL but I reckon the rest will be from the lower leagues or development teams fron down south!!

I thought cardle was good against us for raith and think it was him that was good against the rangers in the ramsdens cup.

Anyway, pointless discussion if we've no actually been linked with him. Same with all the suggested signings, unless butcher and his scouts are reading these boards then totally pointless discussing them signing.

Aldo
24-04-2014, 06:53 PM
I thought cardle was good against us for raith and think it was him that was good against the rangers in the ramsdens cup. Anyway, pointless discussion if we've no actually been linked with him. Same with all the suggested signings, unless butcher and his scouts are reading these boards then totally pointless discussing them signing.

Cardle isn't consistent enough for me. I think it's good to get other folks thoughts on players though Bingo. Sure there will be plenty discussion when we do sign players?? (Especially ones that are not that well known) ;-)

bingo70
24-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Cardle isn't consistent enough for me. I think it's good to get other folks thoughts on players though Bingo. Sure there will be plenty discussion when we do sign players?? (Especially ones that are not that well known) ;-)

Sorry, it's a grump i have every season. "What about....." then queue big debate with folk moaning about this player we were never even bloody interested in to begin with!

Tbh im just a bit bored the now so having a moan to kill time, when folk start threads suggesting signing players that REALLY gets on my tits.

Ronniekirk
24-04-2014, 07:07 PM
He does look overweight but he's a similar build to Gary Taylor-Fletcher at Leicester, just helped them gain promotion and seems fit as a fiddle despite his appearance so I wouldn't judge Croft on that.
Agree he was deceptive in that respect and had good engine and stamina as game progressed

Aldo
24-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Sorry, it's a grump i have every season. "What about....." then queue big debate with folk moaning about this player we were never even bloody interested in to begin with! Tbh im just a bit bored the now so having a moan to kill time, when folk start threads suggesting signing players that REALLY gets on my tits.

Nowt to be sorry about Bingo. It'll never change tbh so hopefully you've got yur moaning jacket and baffles at the ready!!! O and loads of time to kill!!!! ;-)

Billychaotic182
24-04-2014, 07:30 PM
People can forget about signing Billy McKay. He will
Go to the championship

Aldo
24-04-2014, 07:38 PM
People can forget about signing Billy McKay. He will Go to the championship

So the Yams or Huns are signing him???? ;-)

(I'll get ma coat) ;-)

Bronson
24-04-2014, 07:50 PM
People can forget about signing Billy McKay. He will
Go to the championship

In all honesty, I thought he was quite poor last few times I watched him, not convinced he'd be a huge success at hibs and I do think there's better out there if you look hard enough.

Wellbankhibby
24-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Jamie Cureton Still Banging the goals in :agree:

Brightside
24-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Lewis Baker. Loan Signing. Please.

Bronson
24-04-2014, 09:40 PM

His backheel v Arsenal the other night for the Chelsea u20s was nothing short of outrageous.

Scottie
24-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Haven't heard Adam LE Fondre's name yet?

Every window his name pops up. Got to sign for us one of these days :wink:

007 Mickey Weir
24-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Kello, Andrew Shinnie, Sean Hutchison, Steven McManus, Gavin Gunning, Sam Nicolson, Nick Ross, Murray Davidson, Paul McGowan, Kenny McLean, Kris Boyd, Billy McKay.....

Few names I would like in a Hibs top from SPFL and in budget!

Shinnie and McKay would need a fee. But rest are out of contract in summer.

Keep Williams, Stevenson, Handling, Thomson from our squad. Rest out of contract can go.

Hefferen, Nelson, McGivern, Collins and Tudor-Jones can go as well.

SouthamptonHibs
24-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Out of the current squad Thomson is the only one you'd keep as a starter, yet you'd punt Robertson who was probably our player of the year before injury?

Forgot about Robertson I'd defo keep him and have him as a starting with . KT

Billychaotic182
24-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Forgot about Robertson I'd defo keep him and have him as a starting with . KT

Where would you play Stanton lol

Iceman1875
25-04-2014, 06:46 AM
I'd keep Hanlon, Thomson, Stanton and Robertson within the first 11 and Forster, Stevenson, Murdoch, Harris, Cummings and Calum Booth within the squad. I know this means recruiting around 10 players but this is what we need to get rid of the absolute dross that's currently on our payroll.

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

Bobby's Cinema
25-04-2014, 06:50 AM
I'd keep Hanlon, Thomson, Stanton and Robertson within the first 11 and Forster, Stevenson, Murdoch, Harris, Cummings and Calum Booth within the squad. I know this means recruiting around 10 players but this is what we need to get rid of the absolute dross that's currently on our payroll.

I'd pretty much agree with that. Even though he has been one of the worst performers, I hope Craig stays and has a word with himself over the summer to come back the player we signed him as.

Iceman1875
25-04-2014, 06:52 AM
I'd pretty much agree with that. Even though he has been one of the worst performers, I hope Craig stays and has a word with himself over the summer to come back the player we signed him as.

Maybe stay as a squad player but he's never a captain. Another topic but why KT isn't captain I will never understand.

bingo70
25-04-2014, 07:15 AM

I dont think he is choosing to play ***** so im not sure what he'd say to himself in this chat?

Eyrie
25-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Under Contract for 14/15
No goalkeepers
Forster, Nelson, Hanlon, McGivern, Booth
Harris, Stanton, Robertson, Stevenson, Craig, Tudur Jones
Collins, Heffernan, Cummings

There is the core of a decent team there, assuming that none of the out of contract or loan players are kept. So we need ....

... a good keeper and either Murdoch or Grant to sign a new deal as the back up.
... a RB (Black?) and if we can move Nelson and McGivern then a CH and LB.
... two wingers (one each side) are a must.
... a top striker and a replacement for Heffernan.

Oh, and Butcher to play with two forwards. I have this old fashioned idea that scoring goals is helpful.

Zondervan
25-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Under Contract for 14/15
No goalkeepers

There is the core of a decent team there, assuming that none of the out of contract or loan players are kept. So we need ....

... a good keeper and either Murdoch or Grant to sign a new deal as the back up.

Oh, and Butcher to play with two forwards. I have this old fashioned idea that scoring goals is helpful.

Agree with what you say.

In addition, regrding:

Nelson
Craig, Tudor Jones
Collins, Heffernen

The above players are simply not good enough, and are the ones that we are unlikely to get rid of. Yet another scenario where a new manager comes in and cannot move on duds signed in the previous 12 months by the last manager.

Also, why on earth did we give Nelson and Heffernen 2-year deals? Panic-buys, so surely 1-year deals by default?

It also worries me why the new management team want rid of Williams. Our best 'keeper in years, who wants to stay, but it looks like he will walk at the end of the season. Is Brill, or even Kello, any better?

Eyrie
25-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Agree with what you say.

In addition, regrding:

Nelson
Craig, Tudor Jones
Collins, Heffernen

The above players are simply not good enough, and are the ones that we are unlikely to get rid of. Yet another scenario where a new manager comes in and cannot move on duds signed in the previous 12 months by the last manager.

Also, why on earth did we give Nelson and Heffernen 2-year deals? Panic-buys, so surely 1-year deals by default?

It also worries me why the new management team want rid of Williams. Our best 'keeper in years, who wants to stay, but it looks like he will walk at the end of the season. Is Brill, or even Kello, any better?
Agree that it would be tricky to move Nelson and Heffernan given the lack of interest in older players on good money, but I'd still try. McGivern is the other one I'd ditch.

We matched Inverness' offer to Tudur Jones, so he's cheap depth. I still hope that Collins will come good with the right service and partner, and can't believe that Craig has completely lost the form he had at St Johnstone.

Bobby's Cinema
25-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Under Contract for 14/15
No goalkeepers

Oh, I hope so.

silverhibee
25-04-2014, 12:01 PM

No loan signings please.

Nutmegged
25-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Probably overly ambituous but I'd quite like these guys or at least players with similar qualities to the ones mentioned.

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Dave McKay
Shaun Hutchinson

Lionel Ainsworth
Kallum Higginbotham

Lyle Taylor - either on a permanent deal or a season long loan

Brightside
25-04-2014, 12:44 PM
No loan signings please.

I dont think we have a spare £10m for him !! ;-)

Bronson
25-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Terry got his eye on Steven MacLean as well as Croft according to the Daily Rangers http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/saints-hope-hold-onto-croft-3457673

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Terry got his eye on Steven MacLean as well as Croft according to the Daily Rangers http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/saints-hope-hold-onto-croft-3457673

I'd take McLean but not Croft.

Bronson
25-04-2014, 08:44 PM

I'd take both personally, MacLean has a decent goal return at most clubs he's been at and Croft is a pretty decent player IMO.

SteveHFC
25-04-2014, 08:45 PM

hfc-1875
25-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Was impressed with higginbotham tonight, would like to see him at hibs next year.

Aldo
25-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Indeed I would. I thought he was MOTM against the sheep in the SC SF a few weeks back. His hold up play was excellent and he dragged Reynolds and Anderson all over the place.

Heisenberg
25-04-2014, 09:01 PM
MacLean is a hibee isnt he?

cmcd
25-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Yes Steven is a Hibs fan

Ronniekirk
25-04-2014, 09:14 PM
MacLean is a hibee isnt he?
Not sure but Darren McGregor who plays in defence for saints is

CropleyWasGod
25-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Yes Steven is a Hibs fan

Played for Hutchie when they were a feeder for Hibs.

heretoday
25-04-2014, 09:21 PM
I believe Arjen Robben hasn't ruled out coming to Easter Road.

Also, Messi's silence on the "join Hibs" question speaks volumes.

LioNeilMessi
25-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Steven MacLean could be a good signing but... He's a 30+ journeyman forward from St Johnstone with under 10 goals to his name this season. MacLean has the potential to be next season's Rowan Vine.

Iceman1875
26-04-2014, 02:07 AM
If Maclean signs KT could stay, they are cousins. I'm hopeful, two huge Hibees.

Johnny_Leith
26-04-2014, 04:23 AM
Kallum Higginbotham please, very good player.
McLean from St Mirren
Rory Loy from Falkirk
Kieran Duffie from Falkirk
Williams new contract

No sources, just a wish list

bingo70
26-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Has steven mclean ever been good since he left sheff wed about a hundred years ago?

SouthamptonHibs
26-04-2014, 05:38 AM
Where would you play Stanton lol

Unsure where / how much to play him next season mate. We could go for a three in the middle. Thomson building play and Robertson and Stanton pressing, creating and getting forward to score goals create chances. Hail hail

Billychaotic182
26-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Unsure where / how much to play him next season mate. We could go for a three in the middle. Thomson building play and Robertson and Stanton pressing, creating and getting forward to score goals create chances. Hail hail

That would work for me but to play that way you need an all round striker who can hold up play and bring them into it. Not only that but he would need to get more than 6 goals a season. Don't know where we would get that from? Can't see MacLean being the answer

Heisenberg
26-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Fat jambo Brian on the radio just now saying we are one of a few premiership clubs interested in Kane Hemmings at Cowdenbeath

ekhibee
26-04-2014, 02:14 PM
One of the commentators on Sportsound said we are looking at Kane Hemmings, is it Cowdenbeath he plays for?

Smartie
26-04-2014, 02:51 PM
If we are going to sign players to fit a style of play, Kane Hemmings has scored a lot of goals playing for a honking team this year so I reckon he could be exactly what we're looking for.

Hibby_G
26-04-2014, 03:52 PM
I heard we were after nick ross and dean brill from ICT, don't know how much truth is in that though

I Heard That We Are Signing Brill:aok:

Billychaotic182
26-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Fat jambo Brian on the radio just now saying we are one of a few premiership clubs interested in Kane Hemmings at Cowdenbeath

Scores goals so would be happy to take a punt on him

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Thought Hemmings was off to Dundee?

.Sean.
26-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Thought Hemmings was off to Dundee?
He is.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 04:53 PM
He is.

Any proof?

.Sean.
26-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Any proof?
What proof are you wanting? It's not as if I've got a copy of the contract and I can post it on here.

As far as i have been told, he's signed for Dundee and Brian McGlaughlin has spraffing differently on to BBC ain't gonna change my view.

eastmainsmsh
26-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Ritchie foran
Antonio Reguero
Steven hamill
Andrew shinnie

Unseen work
26-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Steven McLean would be so underwhelming. Need far better quality no more journeyman, or a player that's done ok at a spl team

Billychaotic182
26-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Steven McLean would be so underwhelming. Need far better quality no more journeyman, or a player that's done ok at a spl team

100% agree with this

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 07:47 PM
What proof are you wanting? It's not as if I've got a copy of the contract and I can post it on here.

As far as i have been told, he's signed for Dundee and Brian McGlaughlin has spraffing differently on to BBC ain't gonna change my view.

K.....

mikey987654321
26-04-2014, 08:48 PM
No idea if true but just been told the rangers had/are signing a hibs midfielder. They werent sure which one it was, although they were certain it wasnt KT. Possibly thought it was liam craig. No idea if true and they arent ITK or anything it was just something they were told, just wondered if anyone had heard similar.

.Sean.
26-04-2014, 09:07 PM
K.....
Excellent response.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Excellent response.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Kane Hemmings just won player of the year at the PFA awards.

TheFamous1875
27-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Kane Hemmings just won player of the year at the PFA awards.

For his division or the whole SPFL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2014, 09:29 PM
For his division or the whole SPFL?

His division.

Heisenberg
28-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Anyone know what this is about? New player or some sort of sponsorship deal?

@Kenny_Millar: Hibs fans - see tomorrow's @scotsunsport for news of the best signing since Leigh Griffiths. A rare bit of good news for the club.

SteveHFC
28-04-2014, 10:59 PM

@Kenny_Millar: Hibs fans - see tomorrow's @scotsunsport for news of the best signing since Leigh Griffiths. A rare bit of good news for the club.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/av-44694.gif

TowerHibs
28-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Was told that Karl Higginbotham was in the players lounge at yesterday's game. Could of course mean nothing

SouthMoroccoStu
29-04-2014, 05:49 AM

It could be the signing of a new chief exc leeann dempster

More on this posted within another thread

Or something all together different....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 10:29 AM
It's well known Butcher likes to get his targets in as early as possible. So hopefully we wont have to wait too long before we start getting linked with players.

Let the fun begin! :greengrin

davcar
05-05-2014, 10:54 AM
It's well known Butcher likes to get his targets in as early as possible. So hopefully we wont have to wait too long before we start getting linked with players.

Let the fun begin! :greengrin

Hopefully on Wednesday after victory on Tuesday things will become clearer!

Russ
05-05-2014, 11:23 AM

Quality post and the vast majority of true Hibs fans will buy into what Butcher does. It's the motormouth stay away fans who seem to be making the most noise about us going down and Butcher not being the man for the job

Russ
05-05-2014, 11:30 AM

And or either closet jambos or some Hibbys with serious depression issues.

Sean1875
05-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Hopefully on Wednesday after victory on Tuesday things will become clearer!

definitely. hopefully get the win on Tuesday night then we can start fully focusing on next season with no distractions!

GoldenEagle
05-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Would imagine that David Clarkson would fancy a shot at Hibs now that Bristol Rovers are a conf side.

Paloschi
05-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Anyone else heard any rumours regarding summer signings?

I have heard Brill has signed and Higginbotham is signing. A few posters on here have also heard that.

Anyone else we are linked with? Nick Ross and Steven MacLean have been mentioned along with Lee Croft. Not sure these ones have legs! Hopefully TB, MM and SM will bring in what is required.

Personally I'd like us to look at Sibbald and Alston from Falkirk and Andreu from Hamilton.

portycabbage
05-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Anyone else heard any rumours regarding summer signings?

I have heard Brill has signed and Higginbotham is signing. A few posters on here have also heard that.

Anyone else we are linked with? Nick Ross and Steven MacLean have been mentioned along with Lee Croft. Not sure these ones have legs! Hopefully TB, MM and SM will bring in what is required.

Personally I'd like us to look at Sibbald and Alston from Falkirk and Andreu from Hamilton.

While i approve generally of equal opportunities for those with disabilities, i hope any new signings will at least have legs!:wink:

I would guess Butcher and Marsella are probably looking more to England, but you may well be right with some of the names you mention.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 05:38 PM
This is from an ICT forum and it is regarding Ross and G Shinnie.

"Rumour from Leith is that Hibs will try to buy both in the summer and have also spoken to Birmingham about availability of Andy Shinnie. Source is a member of Hibs staff."

Exciting if true :agree:

TheFamous1875
05-05-2014, 05:42 PM

"Rumour from Leith is that Hibs will try to buy both in the summer and have also spoken to Birmingham about availability of Andy Shinnie. Source is a member of Hibs staff."

Very exciting if true. Andrew Shinnie would be a great player to have in behind Kenny Miller. I am getting ludicrously excited at all these names! Time will tell if it's all just nonsense or if Hibs have finally turned a corner...

Michael
05-05-2014, 05:43 PM

If we sign them it'll probably be the most excited I've been about a signing since Riordan's return. Please Terry!

Billy Whizz
05-05-2014, 05:50 PM

Good stuff Detective Bob

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Good stuff Detective Bob

:wink:

hfc rd
05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Anyone heard anything about any potential GK signings? Wouldn't mind Kello from St Mirren. Couldn't give a crap if he played for the yams, still a very good GK.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-05-2014, 07:03 PM
We have signed this guy seemingly and it's a done deal, he will wear the number 9 shirt next season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osman_Sow

Billychaotic182
05-05-2014, 07:08 PM
We won't get either shinnie brother. Just like we didn't get Allan Hutton.

London Hibs FC
05-05-2014, 07:09 PM
We have signed this guy seemingly and it's a done deal, he will wear the number 9 shirt next season.

I wonder where your laddie heard that?!?! :wink:

rcarter1
05-05-2014, 07:10 PM

If true, could be interesting if he is a sprinter. Palace fans aren't seemly that impressed, but sounds like he's been on the fringes of their squad. If we do go down and he has already signed then ideal, as I doubt there will be a queue to join us.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-05-2014, 07:11 PM
I wonder where your laddie heard that?!?! :wink:

:duck:

:not worth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 07:14 PM
We won't get either shinnie brother. Just like we didn't get Allan Hutton.

We weren't even in for Hutton.

Aldo
05-05-2014, 07:14 PM
We weren't even in for Hutton.

I'd be happy with Hutton on one flank and Hutton on the other. ;-)

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-05-2014, 07:15 PM
If true, could be interesting if he is a sprinter. Palace fans aren't seemly that impressed, but sounds like he's been on the fringes of their squad. If we do go down and he has already signed then ideal, as I doubt there will be a queue to join us.

Wow!

Your full of positives!

MSK
05-05-2014, 07:16 PM
We won't get either shinnie brother. Just like we didn't get Allan Hutton.When did we go for Hutton ..?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 07:17 PM

Marsella doing what he does best. Possible gem? :agree:

SteveHFC
05-05-2014, 07:17 PM

Sow and Miller upfront next season :greengrin

Bronson
05-05-2014, 07:47 PM

What's your source?

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-05-2014, 07:51 PM
What's your source?

:shhhsh!:

London Hibs FC
05-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Your laddie's a jinx and you just cannie keep a secret :wink::greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Your laddie's a jinx and you just cannie keep a secret :wink::greengrin

:tee hee:

:na na:

Bronson
05-05-2014, 07:56 PM

Come on mate, don't be that guy!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Anyone got any clips of him?

rcarter1
05-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Wow!

Your full of positives!

Ive got the jitters. :greengrin Trying look at things in a worst case scenario type of way. Im just glad if we have already signed some folk!

very old hibby
05-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Anyone heard anything about any potential GK signings? Wouldn't mind Kello from St Mirren. Couldn't give a crap if he played for the yams, still a very good GK.

I've seen pics of him and hook beak before the last derby !! so no thank you :flag:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't mind Baker on loan from Chelski.

IanM
05-05-2014, 09:04 PM
@HFCTransferNews: Hibs to sign @Official_CPFC striker Osman Sow in the summer. The start of Terry's rebuilding.

ehf
05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
@HFCTransferNews: Hibs to sign @Official_CPFC striker Osman Sow in the summer. The start of Terry's rebuilding.

Hoping to make a silk purse....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 09:14 PM

People who make accounts like that are idiots.

IanM
05-05-2014, 09:20 PM
People who make accounts like that are idiots.

Haha.. I'm just the copy/paste guy in this

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Haha.. I'm just the copy/paste guy in this

I know matey.

IanM
05-05-2014, 09:30 PM
I know matey.

Some of the replies to the boys tweet were typical tho. Boys got a worse scoring record that Collins was the first one!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Some of the replies to the boys tweet were typical tho. Boys got a worse scoring record that Collins was the first one!

Some Hibs fans eh...

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Hope he brings home the bacon then eh?

:not worth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Hibs should look at this guy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Owusu-Abeyie

Bronson
05-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Hibs should look at this guy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Owusu-Abeyie

Very unrealistic, the guy will be on mega-bucks in comparison with the kind of wages hibs pay, not a chance.

hfc rd
05-05-2014, 11:19 PM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/osman-sows-up-palace-deal-1040337.aspx

hibbypostie
06-05-2014, 02:31 AM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/osman-sows-up-palace-deal-1040337.aspx

so he's free in the summer the tash will love that

Callum_62
06-05-2014, 04:46 AM
Very unrealistic, the guy will be on mega-bucks in comparison with the kind of wages hibs pay, not a chance.

He is currently on $0

I know Petrie is tight.....but.... :wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
06-05-2014, 05:44 AM
so he's free in the summer the tash will love that

Nothing to do with him anymore.....or is it :wink:

Or if you were referring to Leeann that was very mean

greenpaper55
06-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Could we please get a target man for up front ?, Collins isn't tall enough to play this roll and i think we would benefit from this type of player, someone similar to Mixu would be perfect. If it's good enough for ManCity/Arsenal then it's good enough for me.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Probably a load of bull but I'll put it out there anyway...

@HFCTransferNews: Butcher interested in newly-released Huddersfield defender Calum Woods. MK Dons, Motherwell, Coventry & others also interested.

Wasn't he at Dunfermline a few year ago?

Dibben
06-05-2014, 12:31 PM

@HFCTransferNews: Butcher interested in newly-released Huddersfield defender Calum Woods. MK Dons, Motherwell, Coventry & others also interested.

He was, played 129 games for them, scoring 10 goals (according to Wiki)

nribs
06-05-2014, 12:37 PM

I think hibs were interested in him at the time or it was reported that we were. Then again it was probably reported on here like it is again just now. So who knows eh.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2014, 01:15 PM
I see Gleeson from MK Dons and Franck Moussa from Cov are available in the summer. Two good players. Especially Moussa, terrific player!

Unlikely that we will get them as I am sure other clubs that offer more wages will be in for them. Hope Terry makes an effort for one of them anyway, that would be fantastic! :thumbsup:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Rotherham manager doesn't want Ainsworth.

We'll take him :greengrin

jodjam
06-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Rotherham manager doesn't want Ainsworth.

We'll take him :greengrin

I won't be able to contribute much "in the know" chat on this thread but I do know a bit about Ainsworth. He's chatty with a mate of mine. Bought new house few weeks back nr Motherwell but told mate he won't be signing for well. Loves it in Scotland and wants to settle.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2014, 02:13 PM
I won't be able to contribute much "in the know" chat on this thread but I do know a bit about Ainsworth. He's chatty with a mate of mine. Bought new house few weeks back nr Motherwell but told mate he won't be signing for well. Loves it in Scotland and wants to settle.

Wonder if Butcher likes him...

Nutmegged
06-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Ainsworth would be a fantastic signing, very quick and has created a lot of chances for Well this Season, also scored 11 goals, I'd take him in a shot

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Ainsworth would be a fantastic signing, very quick and has created a lot of chances for Well this Season, also scored 11 goals, I'd take him in a shot

Him and Higginbotham on either side

*thinks about introducing the Daffy GIF* :greengrin

Nutmegged
06-05-2014, 02:58 PM
I mentioned a while back on my realistix wishlist, I'd like Higginbotham and Ainsworth alongside Lyle Taylor, think that woulf add much needed pace power and guile to our side.

if not those players then players with si ilar attrubutes

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-05-2014, 12:07 AM
One of they Hibs Transfers pages on Twitter claiming we are interested in Mathias Pogba and Liam Fontaine.

Don't believe it for a second.

Captain Trips
11-05-2014, 12:12 AM
I would hope his first summer signing is On.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-05-2014, 12:25 AM
I would hope his first summer signing is On.

Osman Sow:agree:

SteveHFC
11-05-2014, 12:33 AM

He will score goals for fun in the Championship :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-05-2014, 12:59 AM

Hopefully :greengrin

Hibeesmad
11-05-2014, 01:24 AM
One of they Hibs Transfers pages on Twitter claiming we are interested in Mathias Pogba and Liam Fontaine.

Don't believe it for a second.

Mathias's brother would be alright and that Liam Fontaine has just been released by Bristol City

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Mathias's brother would be alright and that Liam Fontaine has just been released by Bristol City

Aye, just a bit. Go on Rod get parting with the cool £35m :cb

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 01:34 AM

No way?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-05-2014, 02:30 AM
No way?

Eyrie
11-05-2014, 12:06 PM

Hopefully we won't find out, but we could do with him right now.

Aldo
11-05-2014, 01:11 PM
I see Gleeson from MK Dons and Franck Moussa from Cov are available in the summer. Two good players. Especially Moussa, terrific player! Unlikely that we will get them as I am sure other clubs that offer more wages will be in for them. Hope Terry makes an effort for one of them anyway, that would be fantastic! :thumbsup:

Moussa would be a coup IMHO. Bit of class and quality about him whenever I've seen him on telly. Pong a looks like a big laddie as well.

I also like the looks of Fontaine big strong CH.

Some of the names mentioned would defo add quality and strength to the team.

I think it will depend on what league we are in that who will sign.

southsider
11-05-2014, 01:22 PM
What we need is to get Leigh back home. Celtic fans mostly hate him so lets get him back. He will cost ut a fans fund will cover it. I have spoken too a good few older fans who would be willing to invest, say £20 a week. Not much really just a few pints and a fish supper ! But whatever fans feel they can afford will be gratefully accepted. Lets do this what have we got to lose except another relegation dogfight.

Speedway
11-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Any truth that we tried to get Kiki Musampa's brother Kris, in the January window?

hibeemikey21
11-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Any truth that we tried to get Kiki Musampa's brother Kris, in the January window?

Haha - painfully bad!

john18722
11-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Is he any good. I heard he was a total basket....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-05-2014, 02:45 PM
@HFCTransferNews: Hibs in for @crewealexfc defender Mark Ellis. Colchester, York & Chesterfield along with Yeovil also interested in his services.

silverhibee
11-05-2014, 02:48 PM
How do we attract new players to the club for the new season.

GreenLake
11-05-2014, 02:50 PM
How do we attract new players to the club for the new season.

Tell Skrtel he could be the top scorer in this team next season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Anyone take Buaben or Gomis?

Gmack7
11-05-2014, 07:57 PM
i hear we might have to outbid the cheats if we want lyle taylor or kello

dmc1875
11-05-2014, 07:59 PM

Kello definitely on Hearts' list of targets :agree:

SouthamptonHibs
12-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Do you think Butcher should make a few early signings for next season or should he wait until the World Cup is finished to get the pick of the best international players?
Thoughts?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Leroy Lita anyone...?

Speedway
12-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Leroy Lita anyone...?

Gonnae clean yer inbox so I can reply to you? :-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Gonnae clean yer inbox so I can reply to you? :-)

Fire away:aok:

madhatter
12-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Anybody else hoping we get 4-5 really tall, strong first team players for next season? We are too soft and short for my liking.

Aldo
12-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Anybody else hoping we get 4-5 really tall, strong first team players for next season? We are too soft and short for my liking.

Sounds good but can I add one thing and that's plenty of pace!!

12-05-2014, 05:47 PM
We need some strong players (mentally and physically). We are far too soft. I'm not meaning thug like but a Scott Brown type character, the type thats not afraid to get stuck in, get in oppositions faces and have a bit of attitude about them.

Furthermore, we need to make signings that are going to give the fans a lift, someone thats gonna excite us again and give us some hope and faith that the club are seriously about getting better.

Diclonius
12-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Unless our current chairman is not involved in Hibernian FC in any way, shape or form next summer then we can forget about "outbidding" anyone.

SouthamptonHibs
12-05-2014, 05:57 PM
@HFCTransferNews: Hibs in for @crewealexfc defender Mark Ellis. Colchester, York & Chesterfield along with Yeovil also interested in his services.

Worrying if true. Not seen the guy play but if we keep signing English first div players we won't improve.
What Hibs need to do is sign 4 quality players from the English Championship then fill the team out with the young guys from our academy.

If Petrie's message on the website is true and radical change is to happen we need to stop signing crap from English first div.

Ggtth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Worrying if true. Not seen the guy play but if we keep signing English first div players we won't improve.
What Hibs need to do is sign 4 quality players from the English Championship then fill the team out with the young guys from our academy.

If Petrie's message on the website is true and radical change is to happen we need to stop signing crap from English first div.

Ggtth

I agree to an extent but there are some very good players in that league in lower leagues too.

Billy McKay is a good example of what can be found down there.

DaveF
12-05-2014, 06:05 PM

Ggtth

That's a massive generalisation and simply not true. As posted above McKay came from Northhampton. Raven and Meekings also plucked from lower league or championsip youth (in Meekings case). Ainsworth at Motherwell was excellent this season. Plenty others as well I'm sure.

Cracker
12-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Unless our current chairman is not involved in Hibernian FC in any way, shape or form next summer then we can forget about "outbidding" anyone.
And of the new Lady fails to outbid the opposition will it still be Petries fault??? Don't reply I know the answer👍👍👍👍

madhatter
12-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Sounds good but can I add one thing and that's plenty of pace!!

Yeah, strong, tall and pacey. This crewe defender looks decent. Fairly tall and doesn't look like a carthorse but, who knows.

We need to stay up and get good players in. These players may have given up playing for Butcher and that is partially Butcher's fault. However, we don't want crybabies and players without ambition. That is clearly where we are now; Butcher was brave to say what he thought and they have reacted nothing less than atrocious considering they should be playing for us, the fans.

Those who say that we'd be unable to attract decent players due to league finish (should we stay up) are right to some degree but let us not forget we have an ex England captain that many down south would feel privileged to play under. A great stadium that would attract 14k+ per week should we be doing well, an unbelievable training facility and a chance of European football - players in Championship and League One will not get this. Might get more money but not necessarily and some will train on local parks rather than a professional training facility.

Please everyone keep faith! Most can see that Fenlon along with Calderwood (most of the blame should still be placed with this prat) have built one of the most unbalanced squads we've ever seen. Devoid of pace, devoid of wide men, devoid of decent LB and RB, devoid of, at the very least, 1 proven goalscorer. This is in no way a dig at Fenlon, just stating what he put together. He was placed in a bad position having to come in after the most uncaring manager I've ever seen, but he sadly hasn't put Butcher in a great position. People say we were in 5th when Fenlon got sacked but lets not forget the football we played was gut-wrenching at best and we were, by all accounts, still underachieving.

If you want the best, we must perservere a little longer. Ensure the promised change at the club occurs and we move forward together. In all honesty, I'd rather see skilful players, our youngsters getting a chance and games, where we could have scored 10+ goals with hitting the woodwork about 4 times, which we end up coming out losing or drawing - still having been entertained. I prefer Butcher's play until they resort to hoofball which sadly is 15-20mins of interest followed by despair...

As Grant Stott says, "we can't keep sacking the manager!". It hasn't done us any good up till now, does Ancelotti fancy another challenge and has chosen Hibs or something? We can only **** with the **** we have after all!

Diclonius
12-05-2014, 06:27 PM
And of the new Lady fails to outbid the opposition will it still be Petries fault??? Don't reply I know the answer

Key word in that sentence is "fails", if Petrie has any say in it we won't fail as there won't even be a "try".

Nutmegged
12-05-2014, 06:31 PM
I agree to an extent but there are some very good players in that league in lower leagues too.

Billy McKay is a good example of what can be found down there.

It took Billy McKay a while to find his feet in the SPL, would he be given that time at Hibs?

Unseen work
12-05-2014, 06:32 PM
some very exciting names been mentioned such as - andrew and graham shinnie, nicky ross, dean brill, higgingbottom etc

cant see us getting any of the shinnies tbh. If we stay up i can see us getting higgingbottom, brill and possibly ross

alot of people saying osman sow and dean brill are done deals

with jamie mcdonald now being released if wonder if terry makes a move for him?

if we stay up i can really see us building a strong fast team, players that can win games in the last minutes.

A couple of players i really want us to sign is:

Songo - Ross county, on loan from blackburn, 21/22 years old very strong athletic defender who makes alot of challengers when you think its too late
Higginbottom - everyone knows plenty about him
Taylor sinclair - strong, fast good attacking and defending but imo destined for england

Names like steven mclean do not excite me at all, we need far better than him
Lyle taylor is a funny one imo, scored alot at falkirk but hasnt scored a great amount for partick and seems to miss alot of sitters, its more his overall play that impressed me with his strong fast running causing problems for the defence

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2014, 06:36 PM
It took Billy McKay a while to find his feet in the SPL, would he be given that time at Hibs?

Reaping the rewards for it now though?

Don't know, a lot of boo boys may get on his back like Collins.

Cracker
12-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Key word in that sentence is "fails", if Petrie has any say in it we won't fail as there won't even be a "try".

Nope ! Think the key word seems to be " Petrie" ! He's not been perfect by any stretch of the imagination , but hells teeth if a seagull pooed on Easter road Petrie would get the blame ;😙

Unseen work
12-05-2014, 06:39 PM
sorry never realised lyle taylor had scored as much as 7 goals this season, impressive since he came in january to a struggling team

Nutmegged
12-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Reaping the rewards for it now though?

Don't know, a lot of boo boys may get on his back like Collins.

Absolutely, that's kinda my point there, it took McKay a good while to find his feet, who's to say James Collins wont, there is definitely less pressure at Inverness though and maybe the crowd were more forgiving.

Nutmegged
12-05-2014, 07:14 PM
sorry never realised lyle taylor had scored as much as 7 goals this season, impressive since he came in january to a struggling team

I was just about quote you on that Lyle Taylor point, 7 goals in January has been a superb return, he's not always been first choice either, Doolan has switched with him a few times.

His running, his touch and his all round game is a lot better than anything we've got