PDA

View Full Version : League voting system.

Spike Mandela
21-04-2014, 04:30 PM
With the likelihood Sevco will be promoted to the Premiership next season for the first time does anyone know if the 11-1 voting system is still in use in the SPFL Premiership?

I thought this would have been one of the first things changed when the old Rangers ceased to exist but for some reason it wasn't.

Don't want a return to the Boards at Parkhead and Ibrox stitching everything up surely.

Sylar
21-04-2014, 04:37 PM
The other boards' of the clubs across the SPFL have been conspicuous in their silence about this actually. I thought with the abolition of the SPL, it might have automatically reversed this system but unless I've missed it, it seems to have slipped under the radar again.

If the clubs fail to take the initiative when Sevco aren't in the league, hell mend them.

Would be nice to know where our own illustrious leader stands on the issue and what Hibs are doing to restore equality to the way decisions are made in the league in advance of the zombies' imminent return.

Edit:

Seems St Mirren and Ross County voted against it in April last year: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2309412/SPL-vote-agaisnt-reconstruction-plans.html

Wonder what Celtc promised them?

Viva_Palmeiras
21-04-2014, 05:57 PM
With the likelihood Sevco will be promoted to the Premiership next season for the first time does anyone know if the 11-1 voting system is still in use in the SPFL Premiership?

I thought this would have been one of the first things changed when the old Rangers ceased to exist but for some reason it wasn't.

Don't want a return to the Boards at Parkhead and Ibrox stitching everything up surely.

Im guessing that it is intact for a reason... - bargaining chip(s)

VivaHiberņa
21-04-2014, 06:04 PM
The other boards' of the clubs across the SPFL have been conspicuous in their silence about this actually. I thought with the abolition of the SPL, it might have automatically reversed this system but unless I've missed it, it seems to have slipped under the radar again.

If the clubs fail to take the initiative when Sevco aren't in the league, hell mend them.

Would be nice to know where our own illustrious leader stands on the issue and what Hibs are doing to restore equality to the way decisions are made in the league in advance of the zombies' imminent return.

Edit:

Seems St Mirren and Ross County voted against it in April last year: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2309412/SPL-vote-agaisnt-reconstruction-plans.html

Wonder what Celtc promised them?

They (IMO quite rightly) voted against the bonkers league reconstruction of having two leagues of twelve split into three leagues of eight, despite a lot of criticism from the other clubs' chairmen.

Celtc and Aberdeen voted against doing away with 11-1 in the SPL not long after Rangers' demise, f*** knows why.

I'm not sure of the situation in the SPFL.

bythecringe
22-04-2014, 09:14 AM
You have to ask why wouldn't the premier league clubs change the voting system when they had the chance? The fact that they haven't done this to date and announced it leads to the thought that it's all part of the carve up to accommodate Sevco. You can imagine the scenario where a Sevconian negotiator says "we'll go down the leagues with bad grace and kick up a fuss but when we get back the cash split must stay the same . Otherwise we're stuffed and in the long term if we die as an entity then you all die financially". If only we had some Turnbull Huttons as chairmen in the premier league! Scottish Football R. I. P.

edinburghhibee
22-04-2014, 09:28 AM
They (IMO quite rightly) voted against the bonkers league reconstruction of having two leagues of twelve split into three leagues of eight, despite a lot of criticism from the other clubs' chairmen. Celtc and Aberdeen voted against doing away with 11-1 in the SPL not long after Rangers' demise, f*** knows why. I'm not sure of the situation in the SPFL.

Interesting how it was Aberdeen who rejected it. I recon their bosses seen an opening and decided to start putting the money into the squad and take that share of the money for their own hoping that by the time the rangers make their debut season in the Premier Aberdeen would have second place nailed down.

easty
22-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Interesting how it was Aberdeen who rejected it. I recon their bosses seen an opening and decided to start putting the money into the squad and take that share of the money for their own hoping that by the time the rangers make their debut season in the Premier Aberdeen would have second place nailed down.

The money distribution did change, didnt it? I'm sure it was the same for the league winners, but more evenly distributed down the table.

The 11-1 voting should have been voted out the minute The Rangers weren't involved in the voting. It's a farce. I've yet to see any logical reason for keeping the status quo.

Ross4356
22-04-2014, 09:32 AM

Aberdeen rejected it because the proposed 10-2 was not good enough, they wanted 7-5 or something like that.

edinburghhibee
22-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Agh well of that's the reason Aberdeen rejected it then I agree with them

Crazyhorse
22-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Aberdeen rejected it because the proposed 10-2 was not good enough, they wanted 7-5 or something like that.

Maybe they should have voted for it and then proposed 7-5 next time it was discussed? Incremental change seems better in this instance than no change at all so I don't follow their logic at all.