PDA

View Full Version : Watmore!

Kaiserclem
21-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Still frustrated at watching Watmore warm up for over 20 mins, continually looking at Butcher dying to come on, only to be called over with 15 mins to go. Came on and alongside Cummings was our best player. Harris was having poor game and I think leaving him in the full 90 was killing his confidence even more, poor sod. Butcher tbf played Harris on the wrong side so wtf is going on? What does Burcher see at training...... Just a frustrated hibby right now.

Gus Fring
21-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Still frustrated at watching Watmore warm up for over 20 mins, continually looking at Butcher dying to come on, only to be called over with 15 mins to go. Came on and alongside Cummings was our best player. Harris was having poor game and I think leaving him in the full 90 was killing his confidence even more, poor sod. Butcher tbf played Harris on the wrong side so wtf is going on? What does Burcher see at training...... Just a frustrated hibby right now.

Everyone at the match could see it and when Butcher eventually waved him back there was an ironic cheer from the crowd.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Everyone at the match could see it and when Butcher eventually waved him back there was an ironic cheer from the crowd.

Should have been on as soon as Saints went to 10 men. Everyone know you need to use the width of the park against 10 men to exploit the space. His dithering probably hindered our chances of getting a point

AllyF
21-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Is Watmore the last Hibs player to score a goal?

Surely that should be enough to put him in the starting eleven.

hibseleven
21-04-2014, 03:29 PM
fully prepared to be shot down here but I'm really starting to lose faith in Butcher. Doesn't seem to be able to do anything during a game to affect the outcome. I thought Watmore was gonna need a rest he was warming up for so long!

jeffers
21-04-2014, 03:37 PM
fully prepared to be shot down here but I'm really starting to lose faith in Butcher. Doesn't seem to be able to do anything during a game to affect the outcome. I thought Watmore was gonna need a rest he was warming up for so long!

Totally agree. I had serious doubts after the Raith game, made no changes to affect the outcome and even as recent as the Aberdeen game he brought in Cummings with 2 minutes to go at 2-0 down.

Borderhibbie76
21-04-2014, 03:38 PM
The improvement in our attacking threat (granted its not difficult to better collins and haynes) was evident to all 1600 of us when watmore and cummings came on...only Butcher can explain why neither started the match??? They both MUST imo start on Sunday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
21-04-2014, 03:41 PM
We needed changes at HT on Saturday.. Lord only knows why we delayed getting Cummings and then Watmore on :confused:

silverhibee
21-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Is Watmore the last Hibs player to score a goal?

Surely that should be enough to put him in the starting eleven.

He is, Partick game away was our last goal.

Spike Mandela
21-04-2014, 04:08 PM
The fact we've come to think of Watmore as some kind of match winner shows how desperate we are. The lad has been patchy at best and most teams suss him out. Clutching at straws imo.

Wheat Hound
21-04-2014, 04:10 PM
A goal you say........WTF is that?

AllyF
21-04-2014, 04:24 PM
The fact we've come to think of Watmore as some kind of match winner shows how desperate we are. The lad has been patchy at best and most teams suss him out. Clutching at straws imo.

We have never been more bloody desperate.

If straws are clutched, then so be it.

Hermit Crab
21-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Good player. I'd like him signed on a permanent basis. :I'm waiti

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Watmore and Cummings up front vs Hearts please!

Kaiserclem
21-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Should have been on as soon as Saints went to 10 men. Everyone know you need to use the width of the park against 10 men to exploit the space. His dithering probably hindered our chances of getting a point

Totally agree, seems to never want to make a change when it is obvious it is not working. I think if he had came on at half time we would have scored at least one......maybe

Kaiserclem
21-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Has to be the biggest performance we have seen in many a year this week IMO to save us. Team has to be:

.........................Williams................. ...

Forster...........Nelson..........Mcgivern........ ...Stevenson

Watmore........Jones/Robertson......Thomson...........Stanton

....................Collins.............Cummings.. ...........

Subs: Murdoch, Boateng, Jones/Robertson, Craig, Haynes.

Kaiserclem
21-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Good player. I'd like him signed on a permanent basis. :I'm waiti

I would take him in a second, think Sunderland paid £1m for him though

rcarter1
21-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Bring back Alex Miller.. :greengrin

SaulGoodman
21-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Has to be the biggest performance we have seen in many a year this week IMO to save us. Team has to be:

.........................Williams................. ...

Forster...........Nelson..........Mcgivern........ ...Stevenson

Watmore........Jones/Robertson......Thomson...........Stanton

....................Collins.............Cummings.. ...........

Subs: Murdoch, Boateng, Jones/Robertson, Craig, Haynes.

Nelson, Jones, Mcgivern and Collins shouldn't be anywhere near that team imo. Shaky bench too.

Boyle89
21-04-2014, 05:25 PM

They paid £1m for a 19 year old from non league football?

flash
21-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Totally agree. I had serious doubts after the Raith game, made no changes to affect the outcome and even as recent as the Aberdeen game he brought in Cummings with 2 minutes to go at 2-0 down.

Why don't you tell him during a match.

Lago
21-04-2014, 05:50 PM

Seems like only yesterday that the exact same criticisms were being leveled against Fenlon

Aaron
21-04-2014, 05:56 PM
I would be great to sign him on a permanent deal. Always looks hungry to get the ball and play. One of the few players on the pitch at the weekend I would give pass marks to.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

greenlex
21-04-2014, 06:08 PM
The fact we've come to think of Watmore as some kind of match winner shows how desperate we are. The lad has been patchy at best and most teams suss him out. Clutching at straws imo.Whilst it probably is clutching at straws what a load of bollocks Spike. The lad has hardly played due to injury. When has he been patchy and who has sussed him out?

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 06:12 PM
But does he offer more of a potential threat than Collins and Hayes and the answer sadly is yes .So we are looking to the likes of him ,Stanton and Cummings which heaps pressure on them when as a team we are playing so poorly !but it's only way to go based on Saturdays performance .

Spike Mandela
21-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Whilst it probably is clutching at straws what a load of bollocks Spike. The lad has hardly played due to injury. When has he been patchy and who has sussed him out?

Any time I have seen him he has a couple of runs, looked promising then done nothing. The game at Tynie he managed to get to the bye line once and crossed it for Collins to miss a sitter. Other than that the Hearts defence had him in their back pocket imo.

Don't get me wrong I am not so much having a dig at the laddie, who indeed shows promise, it's more the ridiculous fact that by some he is seen as a crucial player for our survival when in fact he has done very little be that due to injury, lack of appearances or simply not playing that well.

The_Horde
21-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Sussed him out? The lads hardly played to get in some form of rhythm.

People on here need to calm the **** doon.

Hermit Crab
21-04-2014, 06:35 PM

No chance. Where did you get that figure from?

Spike Mandela
21-04-2014, 06:39 PM
;3979038']Sussed him out? The lads hardly played to get in some form of rhythm.

People on here need to calm the **** doon.

Overraction.com. Think it's you that needs to calm down sir.:cb

Hopefully he can put in a match winning performance on Sunday that merits the hope/pressure put on him on here.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-04-2014, 06:52 PM
I agree with Spike, i think people are pinning too much hope on Watmore.

I watched him in the U20's game against Hamilton and the game totally passed him by he was that poor. I hope i eat my words after the derby though.

Wotherspiniesta
21-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Any time I have seen him he has a couple of runs, looked promising then done nothing. The game at Tynie he managed to get to the bye line once and crossed it for Collins to miss a sitter. Other than that the Hearts defence had him in their back pocket imo.

Don't get me wrong I am not so much having a dig at the laddie, who indeed shows promise, it's more the ridiculous fact that by some he is seen as a crucial player for our survival when in fact he has done very little be that due to injury, lack of appearances or simply not playing that well.

Its hard to have an impact on the match when you're barely given a touch of the ball. Honestly, we must be the most predictable team in the ****ing league.

Hoooof....Hoooof

silverhibee
22-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Whilst it probably is clutching at straws what a load of bollocks Spike. The lad has hardly played due to injury. When has he been patchy and who has sussed him out?

Maybe it's something to do with the injuries he picks up, managers have maybe sussed that he isn't 100% fit and tell his players to hit him hard in the first few minutes and results in him going off or like the Partick game hobbling about injured for most of the game.

HappyAsHellas
22-04-2014, 10:23 AM

It looked like every time he had the ball there were two jambos closing him down quickly. That's them doing their job well, and us failing in supporting him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-04-2014, 04:37 PM
The narrow Tynie pitch was never going to suit him in that last derby. Even worse when noone gives him the ball! He needs to start on Sunday.
Last Saturday was ridiculous. As soon as Goodwin went off there was no need for Thomson and Jones to be on the pitch, especially when we needed at least two goals. Jones and Haynes(who should never have been near the starting 11!)should have been off at HT and Watmore and Cummings on. We can all see these basic things, why can't Butcher?? Worrying indeed

Aldo
22-04-2014, 04:41 PM
The narrow Tynie pitch was never going to suit him in that last derby. Even worse when noone gives him the ball! He needs to start on Sunday. Last Saturday was ridiculous. As soon as Goodwin went off there was no need for Thomson and Jones to be on the pitch, especially when we needed at least two goals. Jones and Haynes(who should never have been near the starting 11!)should have been off at HT and Watmore and Cummings on. We can all see these basic things, why can't Butcher?? Worrying indeed

I would play Watmore just behind the lone striker and tell him to run and the yam CH's. He's got pace. Some has already mentioned Harris playing there but I think Watmore would do ok.

Most importantly that if he does start, wherever he plays, we need to get bodies in the box. Pointless having a guy that can get the ball in the box if nobody is in the box on the end of it.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2014, 06:15 PM
I would play Watmore just behind the lone striker and tell him to run and the yam CH's. He's got pace. Some has already mentioned Harris playing there but I think Watmore would do ok.

Most importantly that if he does start, wherever he plays, we need to get bodies in the box. Pointless having a guy that can get the ball in the box if nobody is in the box on the end of it.

Agree Aldo.

Keep him out wide.

Something we've not done all season.

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Agree Aldo.

Keep him out wide.

Something we've not done all season.
T B told us Watmore and Hayes had pace and goals and could be used wide or through the middle ,Hayes flatters to deceive and should be dropped but agree time to utilise Watmore more

SouthamptonHibs
22-04-2014, 06:51 PM
The ginger messi must start on Sunday! Has to be better than Harris who has been poor since his return from injury. Maybe use Harris as a sub. Impact player with 10 mins to go. Watmore to start hopefully