PDA

View Full Version : NHC Moyes set to be sacked

AllyF
21-04-2014, 01:30 PM
All over Twitter.

Every major sports journalist discussing it, but nothing confirmed as of yet.

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Butcher out, Moyes in :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 01:34 PM
I hope it's true, as a United fan, but in the internet age these rumours appear from nowhere and then disappear just as quickly. He was given a six year contract on the basis of a long term project, so why sack him before the first year is up? And who is being lined up to succeed him?

cad
21-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Typical Mancs, guys got a few teething problems and hes bounced oot the door.
Davy Moyes is doing a cracking job IMO long may it last

SteveHFC
21-04-2014, 01:38 PM

:agree:

Pretty Boy
21-04-2014, 01:39 PM
I hope it's true, as a United fan, but in the internet age these rumours appear from nowhere and then disappear just as quickly. He was given a six year contract on the basis of a long term project, so why sack him before the first year is up? And who is being lined up to succeed him?

I'd imagine Jurgen Klopp and Diego Simeone will be high on any list of successors.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 01:41 PM

Compounded by the fact that Liverpool might win the league, Mancs are suicidal :greengrin

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 01:41 PM
I'd imagine Jurgen Klopp and Diego Simeone will be high on any list of successors.

Klopp has to be their number 1. Taken Dortmund as far as he can imo. Cant financially compete with Bayern.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Compounded by the fact that Liverpool might win the league, Mancs are suicidal :greengrin

We'll be back. Fergie's retirement is nothing like Matt Busby's, the club is now a global power and won't be in crisis for years. It will be sorted. You enjoy your moment in the sunshine.

cad
21-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Sir Eck hand picked David as the next man for the United hot seat cant understand why they dont give the guy the time he needs ,huge pay of if he goes likes

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Sir Eck hand picked David as the next man for the United hot seat cant understand why they dont give the guy the time he needs ,huge pay of if he goes likes

£30 million six year contract.

bobbyhibs1983
21-04-2014, 01:50 PM

I pretty much agree with thestatement about sacking him 1 year into a 6year contract.Though if they did i would highly recommend the dream dream of our neighoburs gary c*ck and billy "i ve been places you know" brown. they have managed a champions legue winning team(when is that happening again?):na na:

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 01:50 PM
We'll be back. Fergie's retirement is nothing like Matt Busby's, the club is now a global power and won't be in crisis for years. It will be sorted. You enjoy your moment in the sunshine.

It's a long way back, global power or not Fegie's retirement is massive.

cad
21-04-2014, 01:51 PM

How you doin Scouse Im a bag of nerves the now watchin The Reds .
Last 2 games Ive been behind the settee watchin through my fingers

cocopops1875
21-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Mentioned on Sky sports now, still unsubstantiated

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Mentioned on Sky sports now, still unsubstantiated

Not being denied by the club. Reckon that's it.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 01:53 PM
How you doin Scouse Im a bag of nerves the now watchin The Reds .
Last 2 games Ive been behinfd the settee watchin through my fingers

The daily mail now saying he has been sacked. Living on my nerves mate, it is not over yet and I will not allow myself to think that it is.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 01:54 PM
It's a long way back, global power or not Fegie's retirement is massive.

Of course it's massive, no question, but it isn't terminal. There are still great managers in the world, and if Moyes doesn't deliver, he knows he'll be gone and will be replaced. Whether the rumours about his imminent sacking are true I don't know.

ALF TUPPER
21-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Crikey.
The guy is just in his first season in charge. No waaaaaay that would ever be called for at Easter Road.
Hibs fans have much more patience.

Man-U. Wee team mentality

:)

cad
21-04-2014, 01:57 PM

£30 Million for making a complete coo`s thing of it the guys quality.
That 6`8" donkey that he bought from Everton that sits behind him in the dug out is another one of his mistakes :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Crikey.
The guy is just in his first season in charge. No waaaaaay that would ever be called for at Easter Road.
Hibs fans have much more patience.

Man-U. Wee team mentality

:)

I agree should be looking to extend his contract not terminating it.

cad
21-04-2014, 01:59 PM
The daily mail now saying he has been sacked. Living on my nerves mate, it is not over yet and I will not allow myself to think that it is.

True I think Johno could do with a severe kick up the erse likes :wink:

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Seems to be some substance in this. Getting mentioned in the Sun, Telegraph and Guardian on line editions

cad
21-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Seems to be some substance in this. Getting mentioned in the Sun, Telegraph and Guardian on line editions

Jeez, if its in The Sun Billy it must be true :wink:

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 02:04 PM
If in the Sun just forget it, it's not true.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 02:07 PM

I know, but it's also being reported in The Mail, The Guardian and The Telegraph. If it's just a rumour, the whole of Fleet Street has been taken in.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Jeez, if its in The Sun Billy it must be true :wink:

As well as.....

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 02:09 PM
I know, but it's also being reported in The Mail, The Guardian and The Telegraph. If it's just a rumour, the whole of Fleet Street has been taken in.

The problem is these days it's so easy to get a rumour flowing, will just have to wait and see I suppose.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 02:09 PM

You've got a point

silverhibee
21-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Sacking him now makes no sense, unless it is down to the players, but just can't see the club sacking him yet.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 02:12 PM
The problem is these days it's so easy to get a rumour flowing, will just have to wait and see I suppose.

Yup, in the internet age rumour can soon be taken as truth. I'd imagine United will make a statement to either confirm or deny, when the story is everywhere.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Yup, in the internet age rumour can soon be taken as truth. I'd imagine United will make a statement to either confirm or deny, when the story is everywhere.

On Sky now as well

AllyF
21-04-2014, 02:13 PM

Well they're not exactly putting it to bed with this statement.

Sky News: "Manchester United is offering no comment on reports that manager David Moyes is to be sacked"

No comment. Looks pretty ominous.

cad
21-04-2014, 02:15 PM
As well as.....

I know Billy they cant all be wrong

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 02:18 PM
No comment is unsustainable. The club's hand has been forced - confirm or deny.

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 02:18 PM
No comment is unsustainable. The club's hand has been forced - confirm or deny.

Exactly.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Would love to see Liverpool win it .Listening to Gerrard in the huddle after a recent game driving the players on to next game Now there is a true Professional and Inspirational leader on the fields.for his sake hope they do it and dedicate it to the 96 .Would be fitting and poignant .

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 02:22 PM
SSN - announcement imminent. He must be done for.

silverhibee
21-04-2014, 02:22 PM

Butcher has left Hibs by mutual consent, Malpas to take charge of the team for the rest of the season.

iwasthere1972
21-04-2014, 02:23 PM

Just being mentioned on Hibs.net then it can't be a big p p p porky. Got to be true.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Would love to see Liverpool win it .Listening to Gerrard in the huddle after a recent game driving the players on to next game Now there is a true Professional and Inspirational leader on the fields.for his sake hope they do it and dedicate it to the 96 .Would be fitting and poignant .

It would be mate.

ian cruise
21-04-2014, 02:25 PM

I've always presumed that for any club at Man Utd's level there would be a clause for not achieving champions league the next season. No way will he get the full term of the contract paid if he does get sacked.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Butcher has left Hibs by mutual consent, Malpas to take charge of the team for the rest of the season.

Ya dancer, brilliant news :greengrin

Paperboy
I reckon this is nothing more than rumours. It's unlikely Man U are going to be getting rid of Moyes when he's still got five years to go. Not only would they need to pay him off but they'd need to buy out the contract of most of those tipped to replace him (Klopp springs to mind)

I remember a few years ago being on holiday and there was loads of rumours that Benitez was a cert to leave Liverpool. As a result loads of money was placed on him and as soon as he was odds on favourite people started to back him to stay at Liverpool. Which he did!

the end result was there was about £10,000 spent but hundreds of thousands won.

Hibernia&Alba
I've always presumed that for any club at Man Utd's level there would be a clause for not achieving champions league the next season. No way will he get the full term of the contract paid if he does get sacked.

Aye, there could well be something in the small print.

Onion
21-04-2014, 02:27 PM
All over Twitter.

Every major sports journalist discussing it, but nothing confirmed as of yet.

Liverpool winning the league just too much for the wee lambs ? :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 02:28 PM
@OHenleyAlex: David Moyes to be sacked as Manchester United manager after losing support of the club's Glazer family owners http://t.co/OYFnoOvljW

iwasthere1972
21-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Ya dancer, brilliant news :greengrin

Malpas has turned down the job. Said the fans were a right bunch of (rhymes with punts) and my ex next door neighbour Tam McCourt has taken the reigns.

Hibernia&Alba
Liverpool winning the league just too much for the wee lambs ? :greengrin

They haven't won it yet. Remember City in 2012 - last kick of the season.

cad
Wouldnt surprise me if Ferguson came back

ian cruise
21-04-2014, 02:30 PM
If he is gone it's a weird time to sack him. There's three games to go. Who would be caretaker for that time period? Surely you just wait until the season is over? Do what Aberdeen did to Calderwood and do it after final whistle of final game of the season.

IWasThere2016

He's got to gi'e Fergie his half though :wink: :greengrin

Billy Whizz

Think so? He seems quite happy in his retirement

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Malpas has turned down the job. Said the fans were a right bunch of (rhymes with punts) and my ex next door neighbour Tam McCourt has taken the reigns.

Even better, Tam has insisted on Greggs pies at half time for players and fans.......................happy days indeed.

Beefster
21-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Butcher out, Moyes in.

cad
21-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Think so? He seems quite happy in his retirement

JUst to see the season through Billy the money involved has cost him Im sure the full squad take a huge pay cut for not getting CL status

AllyF
21-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Giggs in for the rest of the season?

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 02:38 PM
JUst to see the season through Billy the money involved has cost him Im sure the full squad take a huge pay cut for not getting CL status

Giggs seems to be getting it short term

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Giggs in for the rest of the season?

If it's true, I imagine that will be the situation.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2014, 02:42 PM

I would be stunned if Ferguson returns to management.

He's 72 years old now and, although he appears to be relatively healthy, he has interests in many other areas of his life that he is now able to enjoy following his retirement from management last year.

If he did come back, it would only be for a couple of years which isn't what is needed at Manchester Utd.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moyes is punted but I don't see the point in doing it less than 3 weeks before the end of the season. They're unlikely to finish any higher or lower than where they are right now so a new manager won't be able to do anything more for them.

I think he'll be "mutually consented" after the last game of the season and they'll make a major appointment towards the end of May.

Scorrie
21-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Just spoke to mate of mine whose brother is a sports joiurnalist and it seems to be true. Just checking bookies odds in the sack race !

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 02:49 PM
SSN - Sky sources: Moyes could be sacked within 24 hours.

iwasthere1972
21-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Now mentioned on Sky Sports News.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Man Utd confirm he has not been sacked but will learn his fate in 24 hours

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 02:56 PM

Nice of them to leak it.
Sensible decision if they move him on. Fans haven't bought into him

cad
21-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Nice of them to leak it.
Sensible decision if they move him on. Fans haven't bought into him

Where do you go in world football with that on yer CV
At Man Utd 5 mins made a James of it ,sorry

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Where do you go in world football with that on yer CV
At Man Utd 5 mins made a James of it ,sorry

You put previous company bottled it when local rivals looked like achieving success and decided to take the spotlight from it by sacking me.

cad
21-04-2014, 03:08 PM
You put previous company bottled it when local rivals looked like achieving success and decided to take the spotlight from it by sacking me.

Imagine if Martinez went for the Utd job :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
21-04-2014, 03:09 PM

Man U are only a global power if they are winning stuff. The world's glory hunters have short memories.

cad
21-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Or Rodgers

WE were getting on fine Billy thats no funny .:wink:

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 03:14 PM
WE were getting on fine Billy thats no funny .:wink:

Sorry, I'll delete it

jeffers
21-04-2014, 03:16 PM
A few similarities between TB and DM here, both managers who had a degree of success at their previous clubs but have made the step up to a bigger one and are making a right coo's erse of things. Surprised noone is saying the players aren't good enough/have let DM down, wait 'til the summer before judging him when he gets to bring in the players he has targeted..........

(((Fergus)))
21-04-2014, 03:16 PM
One reason for binning him now is to try and qualify for Europa League

cad
21-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Sorry, I'll delete it

So whos the jolly for the job all the talent will be on show at the world cup I suppose they will have the pick of the bunch whos this guy Kloop somebody mentioned Ive no heard of him

Billy Whizz
21-04-2014, 03:21 PM
So whos the jolly for the job all the talent will be on show at the world cup I suppose they will have the pick of the bunch whos this guy Kloop somebody mentioned Ive no heard of him

You haven't heard of Klop? Dortmund Manager, who's done a fantastic job with them

VivaHiberña
21-04-2014, 03:22 PM
A few similarities between TB and DM here, both managers who had a degree of success at their previous clubs but have made the step up to a bigger one and are making a right coo's erse of things. Surprised noone is saying the players aren't good enough/have let DM down, wait 'til the summer before judging him when he gets to bring in the players he has targeted..........

-Poor back four
-S**** "big summer signing" in midfield
-Tactical one-trick ponies up front

Who am I talking about?

Re "own players" argument, DM had from before the summer to pick targets and make signings. TB has had January.

Hibby70
21-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Reckon they'll do a deal with him at £15m. He'll then take a year off playing golf and be back managing a EPL team after that.

CB_NO3
21-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Does Jurgen Klopp actually sign players, or is he just the trainer like most teams on the continent? Would be a good move for him as his wage at Dortmund cant compete with the European powerhouses. He is due a big club and could take Marco Reus with him to United.

jeffers
21-04-2014, 03:30 PM
-Poor back four
-S**** "big summer signing" in midfield
-Tactical one-trick ponies up front

Who am I talking about?

Re "own players" argument, DM had from before the summer to pick targets and make signings. TB has had January.
As I said, a few similarities, main one imo, both managers should have done better with the players they have available to them.

Keith_M
21-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Moyes Out, Butcher In.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2014, 03:35 PM
This made me laugh

KeithTheHibby
21-04-2014, 03:37 PM
The job is clearly too big for him. How the directors didn't realise that at the time is a surprise.

FitbaFolkKen
21-04-2014, 03:43 PM

I thought this as well, man u must have a get out of jail free clause. I think the 6 year contract was to ensure the fans were patient and appreciated that it was a long term project. Short term pain, long term gain. Looks like the pain got too much.... Sounds eerily familiar!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 03:46 PM
This made me laugh

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12459&stc=1&d=1398095134

PeterboroHibee
21-04-2014, 03:49 PM

Is that not a strange statement for them to make?

To me it says "he hasnt been sacked, but we are seriously thinking about it". Can they really move forward with him when they obviously dont have complete faith in him?

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Is that not a strange statement for them to make?

To me it says "he hasnt been sacked, but we are seriously thinking about it". Can they really move forward with him when they obviously dont have complete faith in him?

It must be this situation with the NYSE; a sad reflection on modern football. If it's true, it will be announced after shares have finished trading for the day - 2100 here.

BVB Hibs
21-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Does Jurgen Klopp actually sign players, or is he just the trainer like most teams on the continent? Would be a good move for him as his wage at Dortmund cant compete with the European powerhouses. He is due a big club and could take Marco Reus with him to United.

Signings in Dortmund are handled by Michael Zorc, with an agreed philosophy in mind. Klopp does have input, but no, he doesn't technically sign the players.

Personally can't see it. Klopp has always been 100% subscribed to "project Dortmund". If he leaves he'll never find another club which gives him the same creative freedom he currently enjoys. The leading trio at Dortmund have the vision to turn them into a financial powerhouse ala Bayern, managed through performances on the big stage. Add into that that he's just extended the contract, and the level Dortmund have been operating at over the past 4 years, I'd be surprised to see him give that up for a job at United. Last year I'd have said it's the perfect fit and the perfect place for him to go, but United have proven that their patience with Managers is a thing of the past. Klopp will never bring instant success, he'll struggle with the mentality of the current squad and the fans and press will be confused by his signings and methods (wouldn't expect Rooney to last for example). I'd be worried he'd end up like Moyes, be given a season and not turn it around (though at least they'd manage more exciting football), and I doubt he'd subscribe to ruining his career and then be left at middling premier league clubs after.

Bring in Van Gaal, he set the basis for the current Bayern success. He knows how to build a squad and he's a tactical genius. 4 years, he'll leave and United will have a great squad for a new man to work with. Then would be the time to bring in Klopp, even if I'd still not be overly happy about it.

J-C
21-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Been mentioned on SSN that he me be gone within 24hrs, he has made a pig's ear of this season and I don't think the board can trust him with the money they have to spend, paying him off might be the best thing, another year like this and financially it may be a disaster. With Liverpool now back in top 4 running and Everton also improving I can't see Moyes breaking back in to the top 4 any time soon, he is too negative and his phyche is so non Mn U it's hard to believe he got the gig in the 1st place, too negative.

GreenLake
21-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Rumors that Fergie is recommending a blank check for Brendon Rodgers to take over next week. :wink:

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 04:06 PM
I have mentioned it before but I believe Moyes was/is a patsy. If it worked, great! If not, the next man doesnt live in SAF shadow. Better football and challenging top four will all be an improvement next season and will give space for a new man to rebuild.

norwayhibs
21-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Signings in Dortmund are handled by Michael Zorc, with an agreed philosophy in mind. Klopp does have input, but no, he doesn't technically sign the players.

Personally can't see it. Klopp has always been 100% subscribed to "project Dortmund". If he leaves he'll never find another club which gives him the same creative freedom he currently enjoys. The leading trio at Dortmund have the vision to turn them into a financial powerhouse ala Bayern, managed through performances on the big stage. Add into that that he's just extended the contract, and the level Dortmund have been operating at over the past 4 years, I'd be surprised to see him give that up for a job at United. Last year I'd have said it's the perfect fit and the perfect place for him to go, but United have proven that their patience with Managers is a thing of the past. Klopp will never bring instant success, he'll struggle with the mentality of the current squad and the fans and press will be confused by his signings and methods (wouldn't expect Rooney to last for example). I'd be worried he'd end up like Moyes, be given a season and not turn it around (though at least they'd manage more exciting football), and I doubt he'd subscribe to ruining his career and then be left at middling premier league clubs after.

Bring in Van Gaal, he set the basis for the current Bayern success. He knows how to build a squad and he's a tactical genius. 4 years, he'll leave and United will have a great squad for a new man to work with. Then would be the time to bring in Klopp, even if I'd still not be overly happy about it.

This, Klopp was quoted after BVB game v Mainz.

BSEJVT
21-04-2014, 04:14 PM
he is too negative and his phyche is so non Mn U it's hard to believe he got the gig in the 1st place, too negative.

Great Post

Agree 100%

It looks eerily like Hibs too in that many of the players are completely underachieving.

Having said that SAF must have thought all his Christmas's had come at once when they won the league last year and he could walk away with the legend intact.

They have looked like an aging team in decline for 2 or 3 years now and only RVP got them to where they were last year.

Now that he has returned to true sick note form they look completely devoid of ideas going forward.

Another echo of Hibs are Moyes wholesale changes game by game including bringing back and consigning players to the wilderness with equal regularity.

Paperboy
21-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Is the reason Man U aren't saying anything as they'd need to announce it on the stock exchange first?

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Klopp, Simeone and Van Gaal seem to be only names in the frame at this very early stage. It's looking increasingly ominous for Moyes.

ScottB
21-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Klopp, Simeone and Van Gaal seem to be only names in the frame at this very early stage. It's looking increasingly ominous for Moyes.

While Simeone has been doing a cracking job, I wonder if he could replicate elsewhere, perhaps he could be a bit of a Butcher? He has a squad of relative unknowns that have fully bought into his philosophy and will run through walls for him. Could he go somewhere else and do that with a bunch of prima donnas?

I think they'll play it very safe, somebody like Van Gaal fits the bill.

heretoday
21-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed that United don't swap Moyes for Martinez!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Moyes should stay, a great job he is doing - from a Liverpool supporters point of view that is:greengrin

lapsedhibee
21-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I have mentioned it before but I believe Moyes was/is a patsy. If it worked, great! If not, the next man doesnt live in SAF shadow.

:agree: Either that or a fall guy. Or a stool pigeon. One of the three.

B.H.F.C
21-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Was at their game yesterday and it was completely different to any time I've ever been at a Utd game before. All they did was pass it about without actually going anywhere. Everton were so comfortable it was unreal.

Thought Moyes was a strange one in the first place having never actually won anything.

matty_f
21-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Maybe if Butcher had spent however many millions of pounds (or any pounds) you'd hear it...

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Maybe if Butcher had spent however many millions of pounds (or any pounds) you'd hear it...

£27 million for Fellaini is a sackable offence in itself.

Thecat23
21-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Having Ferguson pick the man to replace him was just stupid. I'm sorry but just because he made Everton a mid table team means nothing. He hadn't won a major trophy the pressure is nothing like the Man U job. It bugs me when folk say " but he's a good Scottish manager" so what? He's clearly not good enough at Man U and there are far better managers out there than a good old Scot getting it.

I don't like Man U at all so for me they are getting what they deserve by hiring him and listening to Fergie.

VivaHiberña
21-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Is the reason Man U aren't saying anything as they'd need to announce it on the stock exchange first?

:agree: Heard this from a friend's sports journalist relative, something to do with time zone differences with the NY stock exchange. Will be properly announced tomorrow apparently.

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 05:56 PM

I think Moyes took over the league champions. Slightly different than TB would you agree?

Scottie
21-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Moyes should stay, a great job he is doing - from a Liverpool supporters point of view that is:greengrin
Love it I say I love it when

All these closset Liverpool fans come out the cupboard when their doing well
Where u all been for the past 25 years ? :cb

Viva_Palmeiras
21-04-2014, 06:05 PM

Hong Kong, Thailand, China and Malaysia in the main I'd imagine ;)

Scottie
21-04-2014, 06:09 PM
QUOTE=VivaPalmeiras;3979005]Hong Kong, Thailand, China and Malaysia in the main I'd imagine ;)[/QUOTE]
:faf: :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Having Ferguson pick the man to replace him was just stupid. I'm sorry but just because he made Everton a mid table team means nothing. He hadn't won a major trophy the pressure is nothing like the Man U job. It bugs me when folk say " but he's a good Scottish manager" so what? He's clearly not good enough at Man U and there are far better managers out there than a good old Scot getting it.

I don't like Man U at all so for me they are getting what they deserve by hiring him and listening to Fergie.

So it seems the third man Rodders listens to is Fergie ... ;) (the others being STF and himself)

ekhibee
21-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Maybe they should. Take away Rooney and a fit Van Persie and no way are they a championship winning team.

(((Fergus)))
21-04-2014, 06:59 PM
£27 million for Fellaini is a sackable offence in itself.

He bought him twice as well...

weonlywon6-2
21-04-2014, 07:22 PM

There are more powerful teams now in England than there were before.Utd will never have it the same way again as they did.Man City ,Chelsea,Liverpool ,Spurs are all big spenders now never mind Real,Barca and Bayern paying top dolar for players.

Utd have had their day,and make no kistake they deserved it,but someone elses turn now

lobster
21-04-2014, 07:44 PM

Probably. 'Registered in the Cayman Islands' United. Not the same club anymore.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2014, 08:51 PM

Kept that pretty quiet my man!! :greengrin

I wonder if it'll come up in conversation on Sunday?! :wink:

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2014, 09:23 PM

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 09:25 PM
No club has a right to win all the time. Even Manchester United. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

I think Moyes is potentially a great manager. He kept Everton going in the top bracket with no money for many years - even getting into the Champions League one season.

The Man Utd owners shouldn't bow to the usual suspects in the press and elsewhere. Stick with Moyes like you sticked with Fergie when he was under pressure.

Would disagree with the bit in bold. He spent sums large sums of cash on players and their budget is decent. Granted not in the same league as Chelsea, Citeh etc but he spent money. Saying he did it on "No money" is not quite true imo.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 09:29 PM
No club has a right to win all the time. Even Manchester United. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

I think Moyes is potentially a great manager. He kept Everton going in the top bracket with no money for many years - even getting into the Champions League one season.

The Man Utd owners shouldn't bow to the usual suspects in the press and elsewhere. Stick with Moyes like you sticked with Fergie when he was under pressure.

I don't think the issue is the right to win all the time, mate: it's the failure to meet minimum expectations. To go from champions by ten points to seventh - losing eleven league games so far - is unacceptable. I have a lot of family in Manchester and Salford, none of whom expected United to win the league this season, but thy didn't foresee such a collapse, nor the terrible, negative football. Of course he's taken a huge step up and was always going to need time to adjust, but there's no sign of progress and it seems to me the players have no confidence in him. Once a manager loses the dressing room he's finished.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Would disagree with the bit in bold. He spent sums large sums of cash on players and their budget is decent. Granted not in the same league as Chelsea, Citeh etc but he spent money. Saying he did it on "No money" is not quite true imo.He had to sell guys like Rooney, Lescott, Rodwell and Arteta to afford players though.

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 09:34 PM
He had to sell guys like Rooney, Lescott, Rodwell and Arteta to afford players though.

Very true but he did go and spend. £15m on Fellaini I think? £9m on Jelavic was it?

Saying he did it on "No Money" is not true. He sold and he spent, he didn't pick up players for frees and turn them into stars really.

HibbyAndy
21-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Any respect i had for Moyes went out the window when he KNEW and the whole world saw for themselves Ashley Young BLATANTLY diving and Moyes defended him to the hilt whilst saying at Everton he didnt like players that went to ground to easy..2 faced ****.

I hate Man u and couldnt give a toss if Moyes is emptied or not.

heretoday
21-04-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't think the issue is the right to win all the time, mate: it's the failure to meet minimum expectations. To go from champions by ten points to seventh - losing eleven league games so far - is unacceptable. I have a lot of family in Manchester and Salford, none of whom expected United to win the league this season, but thy didn't foresee such a collapse, nor the terrible, negative football. Of course he's taken a huge step up and was always going to need time to adjust, but there's no sign of progress and it seems to me the players have no confidence in him. Once a manager loses the dressing room he's finished.

No there's no progress, I agree. Actually, United mainly controlled the game against Everton on Sunday but failed to create any chances apart from when Rooney got through and Howard saved.

How do you know the players have no confidence in him?

Sir David Gray
21-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Any respect i had for Moyes went out the window when he KNEW and the whole world saw for themselves Ashley Young BLATANTLY diving and Moyes defended him to the hilt whilst saying at Everton he didnt like players that went to ground to easy..2 faced ****.

I hate Man u and couldnt give a toss if Moyes is emptied or not.

No idea where you're getting that information from. :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24097097

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Very true but he did go and spend. £15m on Fellaini I think? £9m on Jelavic was it?

Saying he did it on "No Money" is not true. He sold and he spent, he didn't pick up players for frees and turn them into stars really.Fellaini was a top player for Everton who they made a 12 million pound profit on, that was a very good signing. Jelavic not so much but he scored a goal every 3 games, cost 5 million and was sold for 7.5m, nothing wrong with that IMO.

HibbyAndy
21-04-2014, 09:44 PM
No idea where you're getting that information from. :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24097097

This was after Young had dived for the thousand'th time..He defo defended him previously...I think it was at Old trafford when he won a penalty when it should have been a free kick the other way

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Fellaini was a top player for Everton who they made a 12 million pound profit on, that was a very good signing. Jelavic not so much but he scored a goal every 3 games, cost 5 million and was sold for 7.5m, nothing wrong with that IMO.

Not saying there is but I am saying that "No Money" means exactly that. He spent a lot, sold a lot for profit but he spent large sums a couple of times.

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 09:46 PM
No there's no progress, I agree. Actually, United mainly controlled the game against Everton on Sunday but failed to create any chances apart from when Rooney got through and Howard saved.

How do you know the players have no confidence in him?

There have been rumours all season regarding senior players - RVP, Giggs for example - being very unhappy with his style, and looking at performances, it seems the players just aren't battling for him. Yesterday was a huge game for Moyes, yet United managed one shot on target and they just didn't look interested in trying to help their manager.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Yeah, but Moyes was gone by that time, no?By the time they were sold yes, hardly matters though. He would either have kept both and they would have continued to do well or he would have sold them for similar money.

Haymaker
21-04-2014, 09:48 PM
There have been rumours all season regarding senior players - RVP, Giggs for example - being very unhappy with his style, and looking at performances, it seems the players just aren't battling for him. Yesterday was a huge game for Moyes, yet United managed one shot on target and they just didn't look interested in trying to help their manager.

Couple that with some interesting comments to the media after games (RVP after a CL game for example), Vidic leaving etc then there is a big case there to say the players aren't interested in his style, coaching and playing.

Mon Dieu4
21-04-2014, 09:57 PM

I'm not a fan of any English team and very rarely watch all the games, but even I without watching much could see this coming, they won the league last year by being less ***** than the other teams, never set the heather alight and ground out results in what could only be called the Fergie factor.

They main players were all ageing, the young replacements like Welbeck etc are not a patch on who they replaced, they would be decent for other teams, but if you are trying to win league titles and the champions league then they are not going to cut it.

Mourinho was always going to give Chelsea a needed boost and tactical ability, Man City splashing cash would sort them out, Arsenal although they haven't won anything for a while will almost certainly be there or there abouts, Liverpools stroke force is the best in the league, Everton have been a surprise package I admit, however a new manager coming in to take over an ageing team never stood a chance, always said you don't want to be the first in the door after ferguson, that's setting yourself up for a fall, you want to be the chap after that, ferguson knew all this and that's why in my opinion he left when he did, he knew the writing was on the wall for that squad.

Think they will need to get used to it for at least a couple more years as well to be honest, they need major repair work and all of the players they need will not be available in one transfer window

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 10:15 PM
I must say that although I think it's probably the right decision, I'm surprised he's gone after one season. I thought he'd get a second season regardless, and can only think the Glazers have decided he can't be trusted with the huge transfer kitty he was due to receive over the summer.

*I should add, assuming the story is correct, of course.

heretoday
21-04-2014, 10:24 PM

It was a huge game you're right. United managed more than one shot actually but they were saved by the best goalie in the prem.

I just hate this panic thing. It's daft. Part of the "We want it all and we want it now" thing.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2014, 10:28 PM

I think you'll find we haven't been anywhere other than supporting the team, unlike the Manchester Loyal!!!

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Officially sacked.

nribs
22-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Officially sacked.

Tweeted by man Utd official twitter account. Moyes has left.

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2014, 10:03 AM
That's that then. Very sad day for the man, but results and performances have been nowhere near good enough. I hope he manages to resurrect his career shortly and enjoy the type of happiness he found at Everton.

As for United, the Moyes experience will surely teach them that a dominant personality and proven winner is essential there.

Scottie
22-04-2014, 10:10 AM
I think you'll find we haven't been anywhere other than supporting the team, unlike the Manchester Loyal!!!
R u having a laugh ?

Liverpool tickets easiest in town to get until this season. The glory hunters are back that's official :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2014, 11:55 AM
R u having a laugh ?

Liverpool tickets easiest in town to get until this season. The glory hunters are back that's official :greengrin

Just proved you're clueless. :bye:

Scottie
22-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Just proved you're clueless. :bye:
Jesus Scouse

Your biting today more than Luis Suarez :na na:

EdinMike
22-04-2014, 12:50 PM
If it isn't people cheering / complaining about Moyes on my Facebook today its other people posting pictures of Blood Stained Jobby T-Shirts and reminiscing about the War... Avoiding that for the rest of today !

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Jesus Scouse

Your biting today more than Luis Suarez :na na:

Doh! :greengrin

Thecat23
22-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Kept that pretty quiet my man!! :greengrin

I wonder if it'll come up in conversation on Sunday?! :wink:

I'm West Ham remember ;) Can't stand any of the top clubs :D