PDA

View Full Version : Highlights

Humo
20-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I just cant even believe what i saw

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27095058

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Goodwin challenge didnt look as bad as i thought ,anyone get a better view ?

Billy Whizz
20-04-2014, 05:21 PM

I thought he went for Thomson. Was there any need for him to go to ground and challenge like that

Bobby's Cinema
20-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Collins never touched the ball once in those 5 minutes.

California-Hibs
20-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Still waiting, as there certainly wasn't any 'highlights' there!

Amit
20-04-2014, 05:26 PM

He catches thommo with his trailing leg but a poor challenge nonetheless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saorsa
20-04-2014, 05:27 PM
I just cant even believe what i saw

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27095058Thought you'd be used tae it by now.

Comical defending for those goals.

Hibernia&Alba
20-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Still waiting, as there certainly wasn't any 'highlights' there!

From a Hibs perspective, it would be a breach of the advertising code to describe those moments as highlights.

madhatter
20-04-2014, 05:40 PM
First goal, Forster must have thought he was still playing RB...he was posted missing.

Second goal, Forster thought he was playing RB and was Daniel alves.

Having said all that the shape was all over the place first half.

Cummings, Thomson, Harris, Stanton and Watmore must start derby. Hopefully Robertson too.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Collins never touched the ball once in those 5 minutes.

He didn't have much more involvement in the other 52 minutes that he was on the field either.

Heisenberg
20-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Scary how much of a mess we were from kick off. Nelson was absolutely miles away from Thompson and Forster nowhere to be seen to stop the knock down.

emerald green
20-04-2014, 06:07 PM
What about Nelson's "challenge" for the high hoof into the box for the first goal? Any bets there will be one of those high balls into our box at the earliest (and every) opportunity when we play our next 4 games (and/or the play-off). Pub team defending. What can any manager do about stuff like that, apart from drop the player? Every player/team makes mistakes. Even the very best ones. But that was ridiculous.

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2014, 06:07 PM
He catches thommo with his trailing leg but a poor challenge nonetheless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers ta.

How did Kevin Thomson play yesterday,not seen it mentioned

greenlex
20-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Goodwin challenge didnt look as bad as i thought ,anyone get a better view ?Stupid challenge to make. He made the ref make a decision. I thought it was no more than a yellow but I'm not the ref. He has got away with a good few over the years so its a risk you take being a thug. They will appeal with it being a straight red and win it.

Ozyhibby
20-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Forster, when he loses the ball for the second goal decides to take a nice easy slow jog back to watch St. Mitten score. Pub team stuff.
Posted missing for the first as well.
A worrying lack of desire in a young player.
Probably better putting McGivern in at centre half (scary thought) on Sunday as Forster is clearly not up for a battle.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-04-2014, 06:26 PM
St Mirren looked all over us.

greenlex
20-04-2014, 06:32 PM
They weren't but we were ***** as usual in the final third and really ***** at the goals. Williams had one save to make and pick it out the onion bag twice.

Mr Grieves
20-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Nelson and Forster are awful. They gifted St Mirren those two goals.

Albion Hibs
20-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Not pretty viewing, Forster had a poor game, that said so did most of them. I am also pretty reluctant to be critical of him, for a young player he has done well for us this season and it can't be easy getting pulled from position to position given the pressure we are under, furthermore he has contributed more in terms of goals that most of our strikers / entire squad.

Jonnyboy
20-04-2014, 06:48 PM

A comment which proves you should never think the BBC highlights give an accurate reflection of the game. Onjce our subs were on we were better than they've shown us to be.

Mind you, we were honking though :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
20-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Forster, when he loses the ball for the second goal decides to take a nice easy slow jog back to watch St. Mitten score. Pub team stuff.
Posted missing for the first as well.
A worrying lack of desire in a young player.
Probably better putting McGivern in at centre half (scary thought) on Sunday as Forster is clearly not up for a battle.

The pedestrian defending, lack of desire and inability to mark the opposition players in those 2 goals is simply astounding. Are this lot trying to get us relegated:confused: To start a crucial game in that manner is abysmal. We were playing against St Mirren FFS and against 10 men for an hour. A total disgrace.

Ozyhibby
20-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Not pretty viewing, Forster had a poor game, that said so did most of them. I am also pretty reluctant to be critical of him, for a young player he has done well for us this season and it can't be easy getting pulled from position to position given the pressure we are under, furthermore he has contributed more in terms of goals that most of our strikers / entire squad.

A lack of ability can be forgiven but the lack of effort shown there is a disgrace.
He just does not care.

hibsbollah
20-04-2014, 08:19 PM
A lack of ability can be forgiven but the lack of effort shown there is a disgrace.
He just does not care.

Nonsense. He wouldn't have caught him anyway.

greenlex
20-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Nonsense. He wouldn't have caught him anyway.Agree. Jordan is one of the players that will actually be hurting.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 08:26 PM
I can't bring myself to watch it. Seen enough yesterday.

IWasThere2016
20-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Cheers ta.

How did Kevin Thomson play yesterday,not seen it mentioned

Best Hibs player..

iwasthere1972
20-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Saw myself just before the final whistle. So pleased I got my haircut on Friday.

Gus Fring
20-04-2014, 09:09 PM
A comment which proves you should never think the BBC highlights give an accurate reflection of the game. Onjce our subs were on we were better than they've shown us to be.

Mind you, we were honking though :greengrin

100%

Looking at the stats we had twice as many shots, the same number on Target. They had only 2% more possession and we had 13 corners to their 2. This shows me we are getting forward enough we just aren't finishing them. It sounds daft but our problem is not scoring and making it too easy for the other team to score. Context is everything though and they only had 10 men for 2/3rds of the match.

Possession

St Mirren 52% - 48% Hibernian

Shots

St Mirren 7 - 14 Hibernian

On target

St Mirren 4 - 4 Hibernian

Corners

St Mirren 2 - 13 Hibernian

SouthamptonHibs
20-04-2014, 09:13 PM
100%

Looking at the stats we had twice as many shots, the same number on Target. They had only 2% more possession and we had 13 corners to their 2. This shows me we are getting forward enough we just aren't finishing them. It sounds daft but our problem is not scoring and making it too easy for the other team to score. Context is everything though and they only had 10 men for 2/3rds of the match.

Possession

Shots

On target

Corners

We played 60mins v ten men we are brutal mate!

Gus Fring
20-04-2014, 09:21 PM
We played 60mins v ten men we are brutal mate!

I did say that but I'm trying to be a little bit more pragmatic than trying to sum it all up in a sentence.

If it was the fans running the club then Butcher and Malpas would be gone, Petrie would be too (along with his SFA job) the East Stand would have been demolished, East Mains would have been sold and we'd be £2-5m in the hole because we'd be spending money we don't have. Easter Road would still be half empty and we'd still be crap.

greenpaper55
20-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I did say that but I'm trying to be a little bit more pragmatic than trying to sum it all up in a sentence.

If it was the fans running the club then Butcher and Malpas would be gone, Petrie would be too (along with his SFA job) the East Stand would have been demolished, East Mains would have been sold and we'd be £2-5m in the hole because we'd be spending money we don't have. Easter Road would still be half empty and we'd still be crap.

No debt if we sold EM.

Baader
20-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Worrying combination of a bombshell defence that look like conceding every attack and a midfield and front line that cannot score.

Gus Fring
20-04-2014, 09:30 PM
No debt if we sold EM.

How much do you think we'd sell it for? It's in the middle of nowhere, it's hardly prime real estate. We'd have to pay off Petrie, Butcher, Malpas and probably Marsella as well. Plus we'd have paid to demolish the East.

^^^Sarcasm BTW

greenlex
20-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Worrying combination of a bombshell defence that look like conceding every attack and a midfield and front line that cannot score.Yesterday there was not one midfielder that can tackle worth a jot. Not what you would want with a weak/makeshift defence.

seanshow
20-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Best Hibs player..

Regarding KT - the only blemish unfortunately cost us big time...caught cold at the start never tracked his runner McLean who scored.
Apart from that he looked very composed and great use of the ball I would definitely have him in the starting line up against the Yams.

Heedersnvolleys
20-04-2014, 09:51 PM
100%

Possession

Shots

On target

Corners

Does the ball in the air if kicked by us count as possession?
:confused::cb

Steve-O
20-04-2014, 10:10 PM
100%

Possession

Shots

On target

Corners

4 shots on target and I'm not sure their keeper had a save to make? If he did it was from very tame shots.

Gus Fring
20-04-2014, 10:12 PM
4 shots on target and I'm not sure their keeper had a save to make? If he did it was from very tame shots.

Apart from the goals I don't think Ben Williams had to make any saves yesterday either

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Scary how much of a mess we were from kick off. Nelson was absolutely miles away from Thompson and Forster nowhere to be seen to stop the knock down.
Like taking candy from a baby .The other teams still to play us will be watching that and working on the training ground to take advantage .Yet we seem unable to do likewise .

Steve-O
20-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Well that's great. But they scored 2 goals and then had 10 men. They also went close 2-3 times with genuine decent efforts. Apart from Cummings shot near the end, we had nothing.

greenlex
20-04-2014, 10:26 PM

Well that's great. But they scored 2 goals and then had 10 men. They also went close 2-3 times with genuine decent efforts. Apart from Cummings shot near the end, we had nothing.
Are these opinions on this based on the highlights?

Steve-O
20-04-2014, 10:46 PM
These opinions are based on staying up for a 2am kick off where I am and watching the entire sorry 90 minutes.

ehf
20-04-2014, 10:56 PM
What about Nelson's "challenge" for the high hoof into the box for the first goal? Any bets there will be one of those high balls into our box at the earliest (and every) opportunity when we play our next 4 games (and/or the play-off). Pub team defending. What can any manager do about stuff like that, apart from drop the player? Every player/team makes mistakes. Even the very best ones. But that was ridiculous.

:agree:

Have just watched that five times, trying to find some explanation other than Nelson challenging like a 10 year old lassie, and failing. Get him tae ****.

AL-Qaholik
21-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Agree. Jordan is one of the players that will actually be hurting.

Seriously??? Have you seen his twitter?? All he's concerned with is his summer holiday to Ibiza and the state of his six-pack...

He needs a massive dose of reality - and very soon!!

GreenLake
21-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Nonsense. He wouldn't have caught him anyway.

I think Forster would have at full sprint. He can't just run back quite fast after losing the ball, he has to sprint full speed and the replay shows Forster running like Fraser Mullen. Same with KT until it's too late but he got caught cold and his mistake was not anticipating the run. I was actually quite impressed by the burst of speed KT put on after he realized too late that he had rolled out a red carpet for the guy to score.

hibsbollah
21-04-2014, 08:09 AM
I think Forster would have at full sprint. He can't just run back quite fast after losing the ball, he has to sprint full speed and the replay shows Forster running like Fraser Mullen. Same with KT until it's too late but he got caught cold and his mistake was not anticipating the run. I was actually quite impressed by the burst of speed KT put on after he realized too late that he had rolled out a red carpet for the guy to score.

The last sentence I agree with. KT looked to be doing a good impression of 'oh no, we've been caught here, I'll make a show of sprinting back even though it's too late'. Jordan didn't (I still don't believe he would have caught the player) and is getting called out as lazy as a consequence.

Some players are better at hiding their lack of effort than others. Benji vs Nish was a prime example. When Benji was asked to chase an unwinable ball he would stop and put his hands on his hips nonchalantly, probably because he was coached that way to save energy over 90 mins. Cue BOOO! from the stands, lazy bassa etc etc. When Nish was asked to do the same thing, he would often fall on his erchie (when he wasn't standing offside). Hence we all screamed at him for being clumsy and useless, but in fact he was probably doing the same '**** that, im no' running for that' thing as Benji, but in a sleekit way.

Although some will clearly disagree :greengrin

hibsbollah
21-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Seriously??? Have you seen his twitter?? All he's concerned with is his summer holiday to Ibiza and the state of his six-pack...

So if he tweets about his holiday that=evidence of not caring about Hibs?

Get a grip. Online activity tells you nothing about a persons character.

greenlex
21-04-2014, 08:37 AM

Have you seen mine? You gonna call me as uncaring about Hibs or indeed professional pride because I post ***** mostly? Get a grip mate.

KeithTheHibby
21-04-2014, 08:45 AM
One thing for the highlights was Jason Cummings willingness to take a shot. Give that lad a run in the team and the goals will come. Plus he cannot be any worse than Collins at the moment.

Alan62
21-04-2014, 08:52 AM

One of the most sensible things written on Hibs.net for quite some time.

Ozyhibby
21-04-2014, 09:01 AM
One thing for the highlights was Jason Cummings willingness to take a shot. Give that lad a run in the team and the goals will come. Plus he cannot be any worse than Collins at the moment.

Agree 100%

He needs to play the last 4 games.

Onion
21-04-2014, 11:41 AM
10/10 for Ben Williams comments in the media. Spoiled and soft sums this lot up perfectly. Just a pity Hibs don't have the sense to offer Williams a deal as we need players of his quality and fight next season.

Unseen work
21-04-2014, 12:47 PM
What chance does butcher have? Having seen the mistake it's just no concentration and poor decision making from the players. Theirs only so much he as a manager can do. That defending was pathetic.

When Cummings slid Haynes through I actually felt sorry for him that he never had the confidence to shoot and miss....sorry for him but would rather he never played if that's what he does in good positions like that.

Cummings however looked confident and very good

Nelson looked better as a striker than he does as a defender? David Stephens.2

silverhibee
21-04-2014, 01:17 PM
No debt if we sold EM.

How much is EM worth. ?

Pretty Boy
21-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Jeezo.

On the bright side Cummings and Watmore looked lively in those highlights.

emerald green
21-04-2014, 07:32 PM
10/10 for Ben Williams comments in the media. Spoiled and soft sums this lot up perfectly. Just a pity Hibs don't have the sense to offer Williams a deal as we need players of his quality and fight next season.

While I agree with what Williams has said, there's no point Hibs offering Williams a new contract. He's probably been tapped up already, and has decided he wants the hell out of it anyway. Thus the timing of his comments in the media. Plus, I think he's trying to absolve himself from any blame for some shocking results and performances. He's not been entirely blameless for some of the goals Hibs have conceded IMO. He was blameless on Saturday.

Jonnyboy
21-04-2014, 07:52 PM
While I agree with what Williams has said, there's no point Hibs offering Williams a new contract. He's probably been tapped up already, and has decided he wants the hell out of it anyway. Thus the timing of his comments in the media. Plus, I think he's trying to absolve himself from any blame for some shocking results and performances. He's not been entirely blameless for some of the goals Hibs have conceded IMO. He was blameless on Saturday.

I didn't read it that way although I accept you may be right. Mind you if I was the Hibs keeper and had those central defenders in front of me I'd be beelin n' aw :greengrin

J-C
21-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I didn't read it that way although I accept you may be right. Mind you if I was the Hibs keeper and had those central defenders in front of me I'd be beelin n' aw :greengrin

That's the way I read it JC, he can't believe the crap playing in front of him, must piss him off eventually.

rcarter1
21-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Jeezo.

On the bright side Cummings and Watmore looked lively in those highlights.

Watmore will do more good than harm, and Ive got a feeling Cummings is a wee break away from showing his potential. If we persist with these two from the start vs Hearts Im confident we can make a fist of things at the very least.

Casper
21-04-2014, 09:16 PM

Agree. Thought when Cummings came on he made a difference. At least he looked like he was trying and created a few corners from his efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper
21-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Watmore will do more good than harm, and Ive got a feeling Cummings is a wee break away from showing his potential. If we persist with these two from the start vs Hearts Im confident we can make a fist of things at the very least.

Agree. These two must start on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk