PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to the Berwick hsc branch?

monktonharp
20-04-2014, 01:46 PM
we had 3 stalwart Duns Hibbies on our bus yesterday, and they seem to be of the opinion that Berwick branch has folded, or do they mean temporary suspension? any Duns/Chirnside/Berwick fans comment? I thought they were a fairly steady going branch at one time, also had the annual Burns Night, with well known football folk in attendance.

Berwickhibby
20-04-2014, 02:12 PM
The Branch technically still exists but due to a lack of interest it was hard to keep our members. I used to run the Burns Nights but in the end more non Hibbys were attending. James Paulin will still run buses for finals etc if required. The branch donated around £15000 to Hibernian in various sponsorships. My final act as treasurer was to purchase a East Stand Stone and some kicks for kids seasons.

As for me...... I retired and moved to Malta

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 02:15 PM
The Branch technically still exists but due to a lack of interest it was hard to keep our members. I used to run the Burns Nights but in the end more non Hibbys were attending. James Paulin will still run buses for finals etc if required. The branch donated around £15000 to Hibernian in various sponsorships. My final act as treasurer was to purchase a East Stand Stone and some kicks for kids seasons.

Are Mata Hibs any better ?

Berwickhibby
20-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Are Mata Hibs any better ?

Although 3rd in the league, I watched them yesterday get thumped 4 1 by Birkirkara. They may struggle to get a European spot this year

monktonharp
20-04-2014, 10:32 PM

As for me...... I retired and moved to Malta Fair comment Berwick Hibby. the donations you mention, are fantastic, and I do hope SOME on here appreciate that, instead of making snidy remarks! my original post, was in response to a fine lady and her son and daughter from the Duns area who were determined to get to the game on Saturday. they are the real fans of our club, and I was delighted to see them on our bus!.I do recall many years ago meeting quite a few from Duns and Chirnside up in the likes of Dundee, and have always admired their devotion. I do hope that a few in the Berwickshire area can keep up the good work that you have done , and best of luck to James Paulin

VivaHiberña
20-04-2014, 10:50 PM
What's a Mata with you ? Was genuinely interested to see if a Hibby moving to Malta went to see The team in green there .

Hibernians play in black and white. :nerd:

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Hibernians play in black and white. :nerd:
Thanks for that sometimes things are t as black and white as they seem

Crazyhorse
22-04-2014, 01:33 PM

Sadly this is a dispiriting trend. NIHibs have suspended the Branch and had a final AGM/dinner last weekend. For the first season ever there was no visits by any of the members to ER. Only a few years ago we had to book a minibus to go to see Hibs.

Franck Stanton
24-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Moved to the Dunbar area a few years ago, I contacted Berwick branch by e-mail asking for details to join/travel arrangements. No response despite quite a few e-mails.

berwickhibee
24-04-2014, 06:57 PM
still quite a few hibees in the area monkton. I ran the buses for years and always had people on from Berwick,eyemouth,chirnside,duns,Ayton and Paxton. Still in touch with quite a few of them, I take it the lady in question was linda??? we might get things up and running properly again in the future,never say never. but as bill says we donated over £15,000 in various guises to hibs including funding trips to Italy and Portugal for the youths. and probably peaked as a club,we even had the league cup down at our burns supper in 2007-8. Bill done a massive amount of work,while at work:wink::greengrin for the good of the club and nobody could commit to taking over the workload. I only hope in the future we can again fill 2 buses for trips to hampden and big games. We need a better team on the park though!!!! GGTTH:flag:

monktonharp
24-04-2014, 07:20 PM
still quite a few hibees in the area monkton. I ran the buses for years and always had people on from Berwick,eyemouth,chirnside,duns,Ayton and Paxton. Still in touch with quite a few of them, I take it the lady in question was linda??? we might get things up and running properly again in the future,never say never. but as bill says we donated over £15,000 in various guises to hibs including funding trips to Italy and Portugal for the youths. and probably peaked as a club,we even had the league cup down at our burns supper in 2007-8. Bill done a massive amount of work,while at work:wink::greengrin for the good of the club and nobody could commit to taking over the workload. I only hope in the future we can again fill 2 buses for trips to hampden and big games. We need a better team on the park though!!!! GGTTH:flag: Just cant remember her name, nice lassie with a broad accent from that area DUNS/Chirnside. her son and daughter were about 16-18 yr olds. hope you can get things going again in the future. :aok:

Brooster
24-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Moved to the Dunbar area a few years ago, I contacted Berwick branch by e-mail asking for details to join/travel arrangements. No response despite quite a few e-mails.

Berwick Hibs were excellent fundraisers, a good mate of my dad from Tranent always made the trip to the Burns Night. It's a pity they are not as active now. Eric - I help run East Lothian Hibs, we run buses to all home games and most away games leaving fron the Railway pub in Haddington. You are more than welcome to travel with us.