PDA

View Full Version : Butcher / Malpas no the honourable thing.

Hibiza
20-04-2014, 11:37 AM
resign. Ian Murray in to save us.

3pm
20-04-2014, 11:41 AM
He's too busy with the Foundation of Cheats.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 11:42 AM

:troll: :taxi

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 11:43 AM
He's too busy with the Foundation of Cheats.

:tee hee:

Ringothedog
20-04-2014, 11:43 AM

That will work right enough .......deary deary me
:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't think they realised just what they were getting themselves involved in, the club is a shambles except for the young teams.

If they keep us up I wouldnae be surprised if they left in the summer and if we end up losing in the play off I wouldnae be surprised if they got emptied.

Chibs
20-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Sunday morning cider parties.
:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
20-04-2014, 11:56 AM
I don't think they realised just what they were getting themselves involved in, the club is a shambles except for the young teams.

If they keep us up I wouldnae be surprised if they left in the summer and if we end up losing in the play off I wouldnae be surprised if they got emptied.

:agree: I said on a thread last night that I don't think Butcher fully appreciated the size of the task he was going to have at Hibs to get us to the level that we need to be at.

Last night on the radio he sounded like a man who was just utterly astonished with what he's seeing from week to week.

Golden Bear
20-04-2014, 11:58 AM

Away and stop blethering man.

You'll be telling us next to bring Mr Fenlon out of retirement and all will be well with the world.

Ozyhibby
20-04-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm backing Butcher. He will turn this around and we will get this points we need. Starting on Sunday against the Yams.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm backing Butcher. He will turn this around and we will get this points we need. Starting on Sunday against the Yams.

Im backing him him as well. Sorry can't see a win for us on Sunday.

Scottie
20-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Away and stop blethering man.

You'll be telling us next to bring Mr Fenlon out of retirement and all will be well with the world.
Well if PF was still in charge we wouldn't be in a relegation fight we would be safe playing meaningless games

Thanks to TB we are in a dogfight or are you going to blame the last 15-16 games on PF as well?

Bronson
20-04-2014, 12:29 PM
I know they've struggled since taking over, but threads like this are ridiculous.

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Looks and sounds like a defeated manager to me...he must rue the day he left Inverness now!! Getting rid aint the answer tho...we've tried that to death...it doesn't work. PETRIE is the one who needs to change his ways or GTF. I fear if we go down TB and MM will be sacked so petrie can push blame onto them. Maybe if petrie had provided funds in Jan to sign a couple of players we wouldn't be in this mess???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

matty_f
20-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Butcher said at the outset that it was at least an 18 month job to get us where he wanted us to be. We were already on the slide, this squad had seen off one manager already but we're looking to chase another manager out the building. When will we learn?

There's nobody going to come in for the last four games that will give this side pace or creativity, nobody that can come in and make our injured players fit and available so that we don't have to out a severely patched up defence or rely on a cumbersome striker or kid for our goals.

Of course Butcher has to take responsibility but you can't just take that black and white approach to say it's his fault and that's that. You have to put the performances and results into context and look at what actions over however long have got us to this point. Chasing Butcher out after a few months seems absurd to me, and completely the wrong thing to do.

Going by rumours on here and from what I've heard elsewhere, Butcher has almost an entire team of signings lined up for the summer to make the changes that he feels need to be made to the players. That work is well advanced with players having come in to see the training ground and set up etc, I'm led to believe. Getting someone in now means they've got to start from scratch and try to patch together a team in the summer. It makes no sense to me to do that.

TornadoHibby
20-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Butcher said at the outset that it was at least an 18 month job to get us where he wanted us to be. We were already on the slide, this squad had seen off one manager already but we're looking to chase another manager out the building. When will we learn?

There's nobody going to come in for the last four games that will give this side pace or creativity, nobody that can come in and make our injured players fit and available so that we don't have to out a severely patched up defence or rely on a cumbersome striker or kid for our goals.

Of course Butcher has to take responsibility but you can't just take that black and white approach to say it's his fault and that's that. You have to put the performances and results into context and look at what actions over however long have got us to this point. Chasing Butcher out after a few months seems absurd to me, and completely the wrong thing to do.

Going by rumours on here and from what I've heard elsewhere, Butcher has almost an entire team of signings lined up for the summer to make the changes that he feels need to be made to the players. That work is well advanced with players having come in to see the training ground and set up etc, I'm led to believe. Getting someone in now means they've got to start from scratch and try to patch together a team in the summer. It makes no sense to me to do that.

All very interesting if it turns out to be true but how does any of that have any relevance unless Hibs stay in the SPFL this season so that the income levels can fund the cost of new players capable of getting Hibs into the top third of the SPFL where the prizes might be?

Thecat23
20-04-2014, 02:05 PM

Love when someone starts a thread then doesn't appear again.

As for bringing in Murray NO THANKS. He's about 10 years to early.

Hibercelona
20-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Ian Murray wouldn't come near us at the moment. I think he would much rather have a successful managerial career, as opposed to throwing himself into an impossible situation here. Dealing with the fools above him.

matty_f
20-04-2014, 02:24 PM
All very interesting if it turns out to be true but how does any of that have any relevance unless Hibs stay in the SPFL this season so that the income levels can fund the cost of new players capable of getting Hibs into the top third of the SPFL where the prizes might be?

Butcher managed to get an ICT team into the top third of the SPFL on less money than he'll have at Hibs, regardless of the division we're in. In fact, Butcher put together an ICT side in the first division that went (IIRC) on a year long unbeaten run which took them out of that division and established them in the SPL (as it was at that time).

down-the-slope
20-04-2014, 02:52 PM

Its like those that drop a great big chuff....and sneak out quietly leaving those in the room fighting over the resultant stink.....

Sir David Gray
20-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Butcher managed to get an ICT team into the top third of the SPFL on less money than he'll have at Hibs, regardless of the division we're in. In fact, Butcher put together an ICT side in the first division that went (IIRC) on a year long unbeaten run which took them out of that division and established them in the SPL (as it was at that time).

You're thinking of Ross County.

matty_f
20-04-2014, 03:00 PM
You're thinking of Ross County.

No, I don't think i am, however it was an unbeaten away run I was thinking of.

As part of the push for promotion in the 2009–10 season, Inverness went on an unbeaten away run in the league that continued through the entire 2010 calendar year, culminating in a 1–1 draw against Hearts at Tynecastle on 18 December.[17] This extraordinary sequence ended in defeat at St. Johnstone on 2 January 2011 when the Perth side won by a single goal. At the split, Inverness narrowly missed out on a top six spot, eventually finishing in a club record-equalling 7th place. However, two years later, they would finish even higher.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2014, 03:14 PM
No, I don't think i am, however it was an unbeaten away run I was thinking of.

Fair enough.

Ross County did go on an unbeaten run for over a year though, between August 2011 and September 2012. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
20-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Im backing him him as well. Sorry can't see a win for us on Sunday.

Can you see us winning again this season?

Winston Ingram
20-04-2014, 03:17 PM

I wrote Murray off as manager the moment he defended Blobby

matty_f
20-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Fair enough.

Ross County did go on an unbeaten run for over a year though, between August 2011 and September 2012. :greengrin

Butcher out. Derek Adams.... nah, scrap that!

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 03:33 PM

No. I really can't. Can you?

Lago
20-04-2014, 03:42 PM
S
What a stupid post.

jakeshibs
20-04-2014, 03:45 PM

what a silly post!

Nameless
20-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Well if PF was still in charge wen't be in a relegation fight we would be safe playing meaningless games

How? What? Just naw!! Please humor me, you're basing that statement on what evidence???

Heisenberg
20-04-2014, 05:58 PM
How? What? Just naw!! Please humor me, you're basing that statement on what evidence???

Pat had us playing pure braw fitba and winning all the time didn't he? Naw? He had a small burst of decent form in between getting humped off Malmo and losing twice against Hearts. Butcher also had a decent run of form when he first came too. It all fell apart for him as well eh? Players need a long hard look at themselves.

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2014, 06:04 PM

A shot at goal would be a start !

Nameless
20-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Pat had us playing pure braw fitba and winning all the time didn't he? Naw? He had a small burst of decent form in between getting humped off Malmo and losing twice against Hearts. Butcher also had a decent run of form when he first came too. It all fell apart for him as well eh? Players need a long hard look at themselves.

Eh? Are you disagreeing then?

Heisenberg
20-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Eh? Are you disagreeing then?

Nope. I agree with you.

Lucius Apuleius
20-04-2014, 08:04 PM
A shot at goal would be a start !

According to Sporting Life we had 10 shots at goal, four of which were on target?

Greenblood70
20-04-2014, 08:06 PM
We're pretty much stuck with Terry and June and their horrendous hoofball for the foreseeable. ****ing great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saorsa
20-04-2014, 08:11 PM
How? What? Just naw!! Please humor me, you're basing that statement on what evidence???I'd guess it's based on the fact that we've gotten much, much worse since he left. I'll bet naebody thought they'd be saying that.

davidw
20-04-2014, 08:26 PM
S
What a stupid post.
Indeed. And it's not even spelt correctly...

Winston Ingram
20-04-2014, 08:29 PM
No. I really can't. Can you?

No chance. That's why i think he has to go. I can't understand for the life of me why people think keeping him is worth the almost certainty of at least 2 years in the championship

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 08:52 PM
No chance. That's why i think he has to go. I can't understand for the life of me why people think keeping him is worth the almost certainty of at least 2 years in the championship

I really dont don't think butcher is the problem. It's Petrie and co. Petrie has consistently put too many restrictions on our managers to the detriment of the team on the park.

jeffers
20-04-2014, 08:56 PM
I really dont don't think butcher is the problem. It's Petrie and co. Petrie has consistently put too many restrictions on our managers to the detriment of the team on the park.

I'm no Petrie lover and will be happy when he's gone but unless he's now taking training and selecting the team I fail to see how he is responsible for our current run of form. That is down to 2 men, TB & MM.

yekimevol
20-04-2014, 08:57 PM

This paragraph alone makes me think Ian is better suited than butcher for the hibs job alone "At the moment, because of where we [Dumbarton] are in the league, I’ve told them that I don’t care how they play as long as they get points and that’s still our mantra because, if we don’t win any more points between now and the end of the season, then we are getting relegated. We could be the prettiest team in the league but we will still be relegated and I would rather be the ugliest team in the league and be picking up points and stay up. But, to be fair, against Falkirk and Morton, they did both.”

His two interviews alone in the Scotsman should be his interview over and done with :
- http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/ian-murray-ready-to-call-on-old-bosses-at-dumbarton-1-2652903
- http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rock-solid-ian-murray-is-on-a-roll-at-dumbarton-1-2734789

Phil D. Rolls
20-04-2014, 09:02 PM

In fairness, I think he was due a long sleep.:greengrin

jeffers
20-04-2014, 09:06 PM
This paragraph alone makes me think Ian is better suited than butcher for the hibs job alone "At the moment, because of where we [Dumbarton] are in the league, I’ve told them that I don’t care how they play as long as they get points and that’s still our mantra because, if we don’t win any more points between now and the end of the season, then we are getting relegated. We could be the prettiest team in the league but we will still be relegated and I would rather be the ugliest team in the league and be picking up points and stay up. But, to be fair, against Falkirk and Morton, they did both.”

His two interviews alone in the Scotsman should be his interview over and done with :
- http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/ian-murray-ready-to-call-on-old-bosses-at-dumbarton-1-2652903
- http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rock-solid-ian-murray-is-on-a-roll-at-dumbarton-1-2734789

I hope one day he will go on and become Hibs boss, but I don't think it's his time just now and wouldn't be fair to expect him to come in and turn round the mess TB has made.

I don't remember reading those articles before but imo he spoke a lot of sense, in particular "As soon as you lose the dressing room you are finished."

GreenArmyyy!
20-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Jeez this place gets worse. I worry for the effects Hibs are having on our mental health.

patch1875
20-04-2014, 09:10 PM
He's obviously lost the dressing room, with many of them around next season they have a problem.

Winston Ingram
20-04-2014, 09:11 PM

I agree Petrie is the problem as he continually hires clowns to manage our club. what restrictions is Rod putting on our managers?

jeffers
20-04-2014, 09:13 PM
I agree Petrie is the problem as he continually hires clowns to manage our club. what restrictions is Rod putting on our managers?

No more than 1 up front. Don't know why he insists on it.:wink:

Winston Ingram
20-04-2014, 09:16 PM
He's obviously lost the dressing room, with many of them around next season they have a problem.

We have a problem. Outside Aberdeen and Celtic, we likely pay more than any other club in the SPL. As a result, it's probable that we'll have to pay them all off vastly reducing our budget for new players.

On top of that we don't have a cup final to influence ST sales so they'll take a hit. Then there's TB's style of football. Another hit.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Ian Murray isn't ready for the Hibs job yet. Let him keep doing what he is doing at Dumbarton. He will be our manager in a few years though!

GreenArmyyy!
20-04-2014, 09:35 PM

I would hardly refer to Butcher as a clown nor most of the others he hired barring Calderwood. At the time every manager we have brought in they had done well with the team before. It's at our club they get ruined.

HoboHarry
21-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Absolute rubbish post. How many of the recent managers, Collins, Mixu etc etc were met with universal disapproval from Hibs fans? For the most part he was appointing who the majority were asking for but don't let that stand in the way of daft statements. :rolleyes:

capitals_finest
21-04-2014, 05:08 AM

Ridiculous statement.

Winston Ingram
21-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Absolute rubbish post. How many of the recent managers, Collins, Mixu etc etc were met with universal disapproval from Hibs fans? For the most part he was appointing who the majority were asking for but don't let that stand in the way of daft statements. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. I'm struggling to see the relevance of fans 'universal disapproval.'

Unless the bloke as a staunch Jambo i'm struggling to think of someone who would meet with 'universal disapproval'. Usually what happens, when someone is appointed, most fans get on with it and back the manager.

bingo70
21-04-2014, 07:36 AM

Youve just convinced me hes not the man for the job.

Why do so many people associate playing good football with losing football? In our leagues more often than not youll come up against experienced ugly defenders that'll head balls clear all day long. Pass the ball on the ground quickly in their final third then watch them struggle.

I'd urge ian murray to try and make his team even prettier to watch, if he does that they'll score more goals.

Same applies to butcher.

Brizo
21-04-2014, 07:41 AM
TB and his crew would be crazy to do the "honourable thing". Their stock is very low and theres no guarantee they would get another management job at a decent level, anytime soon. They would also give up contractual rights to notice period payments and compensation payments clauses in the event of them getting the tin tack. That's why im now a bit cynical whether PF really walked away or if it was agreed between the parties that it be sold to the fans like that.

Theres no way STF / RP will get rid of the three amigos as the compensation cheque book must have more well thumbed pages than a porn mag in a barbers.

Having been through at Paisley and witnessed the whole debacle im struggling to see when we will score a goal let alone win a game and I fear the worst for Sunday. However I think we heed to keep TB in place for next season and give him the opportunity to turn it around. That's easy for me to say as I wont be getting a ST and wont need to witness the sunday amateur hoofball, if that "style" of football continues. Fair play to those that have the mental strength :greengrin to carry on and get a ST

IM might well be a future Hibs manager but I think its too early in his career to see how he would cope with dealing with full time professionals and the expectation and pressures of being Hibs manager. He needs to prove himself somewhere between Dumbarton and Hibs first imo.

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 07:49 AM
TB and his crew would be crazy to do the "honourable thing". Their stock is very low and theres no guarantee they would get another management job at a decent level, anytime soon. They would also give up contractual rights to notice period payments and compensation payments clauses in the event of them getting the tin tack. That's why im now a bit cynical whether PF really walked away or if it was agreed between the parties that it be sold to the fans like that.

Theres no way STF / RP will get rid of the three amigos as the compensation cheque book must have more well thumbed pages than a porn mag in a barbers.

Having been through at Paisley and witnessed the whole debacle im struggling to see when we will score a goal let alone win a game and I fear the worst for Sunday. However I think we heed to keep TB in place for next season and give him the opportunity to turn it around. That's easy for me to say as I wont be getting a ST and wont need to witness the sunday amateur hoofball, if that "style" of football continues. Fair play to those that have the mental strength :greengrin to carry on and get a ST

IM might well be a future Hibs manager but I think its too early in his career to see how he would cope with dealing with full time professionals and the expectation and pressures of being Hibs manager. He needs to prove himself somewhere between Dumbarton and Hibs first imo.

I think the 'vast majority' of Hibs fan would welcome IM. And if he was appointed by RP then we could hardly complain if it didn't work out.

That's the logic I constantly see being expressed.

BTW completely agree that young Ian is not ready for the Hibs job (and might never be...)

LancsHibs
21-04-2014, 07:57 AM

Think your right about Fenlon, Jordan Forster let it slip in the interview they showed at half time on Alba, he said that Pat Fenlon was sacked.
PF and Petrie obviously came to an agreement for severance and they can dress it up and word it how they like but there was no way Fenlon was going to walk away! Ultimately he was sacked.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Think your right about Fenlon, Jordan Forster let it slip in the interview they showed at half time on Alba, he said that Pat Fenlon was sacked.
PF and Petrie obviously came to an agreement for severance and they can dress it up and word it how they like but there was no way Fenlon was going to walk away! Ultimately he was sacked.

And rightly so too, but to replace him with someone worse is just fantastic. :rolleyes:

LancsHibs
21-04-2014, 08:07 AM
And rightly so too, but to replace him with someone worse is just fantastic. :rolleyes:

Fantastic? I thought more like impossible! Somehow Petrie has managed to find that man:confused:

heretoday
21-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Maybe it's time to take a deep breath and sack another manager.

I appreciate he is working with another man's squad but that doesn't excuse the utter lack of confidence and spirit on the pitch. It's the manager's job to instil that and TB isn't doing it, for all his reputation as a motivator.

Why would we trust him to be any better next year even with his "own" squad?

We need to persuade one of the up and coming young coaches in the top six to come to ER. Not Yogi!

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Fantastic? I thought more like impossible! Somehow Petrie has managed to find that man:confused:

Absolutely amazing matey, if Petrie had the pick of Fergie Mourinho and Wenger he'd probably turn them down for Jimmy ****in Calderwood.:rolleyes:

MB62
21-04-2014, 10:16 AM
As the weeks have progressed, I have become more and more disillusioned with EVERYTHING at Hibs (well except the young teams). I was right behind the appointment of T.B. as I thought he was the right man for the job, however, recent weeks have me changing my mind and Saturday was probably the final straw, already he has now lost my support.
I am firmly of the belief that absolutely everybody has just chucked in the towel at Hibs. Farmer never had a towel to chuck in, he was never interested in the first place. However, I now think that even the 'Tache' has come to the conclusion that he has yet again got his latest appointment wrong and (hopefully) now is about to walk if/when we get relegated.
As for Butcher, he changes the team every single week, there is simply no continuity to allow a team to form a playing bond and I think he has pissed off all the players. By now, I would have expected him to have a good idea of what his best 11 or even 15 are, but it seems it's a case of names being picked out a hat and see who is playing where in any given week. I get the feeling Butcher is praying we get through to the end of the season rather than actually trying to orchestrate our survival as there doesn't seem to be a game plan other than blootering the ball as far up the park as players can kick it and letting the front man chase it.
I watched Saturday's farce on BBC Alba last night and even 30 hours after the game was finished, I was still raging at what I was watching. Nelson is a bomb scare of a centre half but is all we have so he has to do. The thing I was angry at most was Butcher. We are 2-0 down in a crucial game, then the opposition get a man sent off after 29 minutes.
Is there any change in tactics from Butcher?
NAW!
He still continues with what can be best described as 'two holding midfield players' in K.T. and O.T.J.
This is a game we desperately needed to take something from yet he sat there and changed nothing.
Right away, Watmore should have been on and O.T.J subbed. We needed another wide player to start dragging the Saints about the park and try and create gaps but it was another 40 MINUTES before he got on the park, absolutely incredible IMO.
Ach, I need to stop this rant now, sorry for the length of this. I pretend I don't care any more, joined the rest of the club who seem to have the same attitude, problem is, I really do care.

Last comment is something that has crossed my mind as a bit of a joke but now thinking it could actually have a bit of reality to it.

Are we trying to get relegated because there might be more money in the Championship next season than in the SPL?
With The rangers and their wee brothers already there, the Tache might have decided that the Championship will be a more financially beneficial league to be in and is deliberately trying to get us down there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Wasnae a bad post until the last 3 paragraphs.

MB62
21-04-2014, 11:43 AM

That was a wee tad tongue in cheek :greengrin

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 11:45 AM

How many times will the South stand be full next season in the SPL - possibly only once, Celtc.

How many times would the South stand be full in Championship?

I know it's crazy... but

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2014, 11:53 AM
What happens the following season when sevco and Hearts have been promoted?

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 12:01 PM

With the amount of forward planning we do I doubt anyone has even thought about it...

MB62
21-04-2014, 12:35 PM

We're rooked, and the following season we start again in the 3rd div as THE Hibernians or something.

blindsummit
21-04-2014, 12:41 PM
With the amount of forward planning we do I doubt anyone has even thought about it...

Impossible! We have a 5 year plan doncha know!

Speedway
22-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Butcher is our Moyes, fantastic in a lower expectation, lower budget, happy-with-any-brand-of-football; club but when he gets to the relative big time, the fans and players don't respond and the results speak for themselves.

Peevemor
22-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Butcher is our Moyes, fantastic in a lower expectation, lower budget, happy-with-any-brand-of-football; club but when he gets to the relative big time, the fans and players don't respond and the results speak for themselves.

Yeah, I'm sure our squad of superstars will be looking down their noses at a former England captain and his ex Scotland regular assistant.

stevejordan
22-04-2014, 11:10 AM

Good point the problem is it would cost too much to pay them off we would need them to walk to get rid off them and where else can they go after this dissaster they have no credibility and no prospects of getting another job in mamagement.

We are stuck with them.

Speedway
22-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I'm sure our squad of superstars will be looking down their noses at a former England captain and his ex Scotland regular assistant.

Well they ain't exactly marching in line are they?

MrSmith
22-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Impossible! We have a 5 year plan doncha know!

Yeah but we are now in year 7!

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah but we are now in year 7!aye but it's a five year plan restarting efter every disaster so it'll be running for a while yet.

bingo70
22-04-2014, 11:37 AM

His ability as a player is completely irrelevant.

I get the impression his style of football abd management is still stuck from those days. Football has evolved since butcher was a player, im not sure he has bought into that.

Unseen work
22-04-2014, 11:39 AM
People are slaying butcher for not knowing his best team

Iv been watching them all season and I don't either, who does?

18/03/07
22-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Butcher? remind me haw many times has he been emptied from other clubs, at least when Fenlon got the gig at ER even with Calderwods players at least got an effort out of them. Sorry TB & MM time to go

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 12:07 PM
People are slaying butcher for not knowing his best team

Iv been watching them all season and I don't either, who does?Aye but it's no just the team, he's trying tae play his style with players that cannae, he could play it at ICT because he signed the type of players he needed tae play it. He should have done his best with what we had tae get us over the line then started making the changes he wanted. Square pegs, round holes. Telling they're getting emptied or aren't very good winnae have helped either.

JimBHibees
22-04-2014, 12:19 PM
It certainly isnt time to go however it is staggering to think where we were round about New Year time. At that time we had what looked like a reasonably competent defence with both full backs bombing on and getting crosses in, an energetic midfield with Lewis looking a revelation on the left and guys like Craig and Robertson looking a goal threat. It is a staggering job to have lost all of that and we now look a confidence stripped shadow. While I am always in the give a manager time it is worrying to see how far we have gone in a short time.

southsider
22-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Why is it top class centre-half's like Butcher, Mowbray, McLeish etc cannot send a team out that can defend set-plays ? Every time we give away a corner i fear a goal. Anyway, i feel TB should be a man about this, admit he cannot hack this job and quit tomorrow.