PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question?

Bertie's XI
20-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Would you take Hibs getting relegated this season if we were guaranteed to win the league next year finishing above Hearts and Rangers?

Michael
20-04-2014, 10:05 AM
No. If we stay up we are guaranteed to finish above them.

hibeesjoe
20-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Relegation would be a total embarrassment and I doubt we would come straight back up. Premier survival and a summer rebuilding is a must.

Onion
20-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Would you take Hibs getting relegated this season if we were guaranteed to win the league next year finishing above Hearts and Rangers?

Fantasy.

emerald green
20-04-2014, 10:18 AM

Absolutely not. Relegation would be a disaster for HFC. Hypothetical question or not, Hibs will not be able to attract the quality of player we would need to beat HOMFC & The Rangers etc regularly. That's the big danger IMO. Players of that calibre simply would not want to come and play in such a backwater league, and furthermore would Petrie be prepared to pay the sort of wages required to attract such players? Going by what I've read on these forums, the answer must be no he wouldn't. We would need several such players to help bring through the good U20s we have at the club. I think the decline at the club would then get gradually worse as more and more fans drift away, and Hibs could struggle to get back into the Premier League for years to come.

mutley
20-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Only a few weeks ago we were battling for top 6 place, we "should" be no where near relegation, it's an absolute farce that we have managed to slump into the position we are in. We are properly, properly broken!

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Relegation would be a disaster for Hibs and freefall would probably follow.

To answer your question NO

GreenLake
20-04-2014, 12:58 PM

No, it would be better to stay up. If we did go down though, I would relish your scenario.

Hibernia&Alba
20-04-2014, 01:04 PM
No chance. Hibs should always be a top flight club. Next season a second place finish should again be the target of a club our size, yet we're a million miles away from it.

Saorsa
20-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Would you take Hibs getting relegated this season if we were guaranteed to win the league next year finishing above Hearts and Rangers?No!

Sir David Gray
20-04-2014, 01:09 PM
100% no.

Why would you want Hibs to be in a lower league next season, just to have a crack at beating Hearts and Sevco?

We must stay up, relegation would be a disaster for our club.

Speedy
20-04-2014, 01:09 PM

No.

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 01:21 PM
I preferred answering your thesis questionnaires :confused:.

But if you could guarantee that then the answer just now would be yes But it's Hypothetical so let's stick to reality .Playoffs look a dead cert for us barring Ross county going into free fall .:rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
20-04-2014, 01:27 PM
No. We wouldn't make it back up.

CraigHibee
20-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Only a few weeks ago we were battling for top 6 place, we "should" be no where near relegation, it's an absolute farce that we have managed to slump into the position we are in. We are properly, properly broken!

couldnt have put it better myself!

PeeJay
20-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Wouldn't it be simpler just to stay in the SPFL and finish above Hearts and Rangers that way ... :confused:

Nameless
20-04-2014, 05:40 PM
We spend very little money as a top flight club, we'd spend even less in the first division. Relagation would be the end of us.