PDA

View Full Version : Time to take a stand

Ronaldo9
20-04-2014, 08:44 AM
How much longer are we gonna put up with the utter nonsense we see season after season? How much longer are we gonna put up with an sheer lack of ambition at board room level?

I think it's time for us as a group of supporters to make a statement. A real statement. I'm not talking about threads on message boards threatening protests etc I mean actually doing something to make that useless shower of ***** we call a board stand up and take notice that enough is enough.

Any one got any ideas?

ArmadaleHibs
20-04-2014, 08:47 AM
No

Waxy
20-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes, we could all start crying.

scoopyboy
20-04-2014, 08:52 AM
How much longer are we gonna put up with the utter nonsense we see season after season? How much longer are we gonna put up with an sheer lack of ambition at board room level?

I think it's time for us as a group of supporters to make a statement. A real statement. I'm not talking about threads on message boards threatening protests etc I mean actually doing something to make that useless shower of ***** we call a board stand up and take notice that enough is enough.

Any one got any ideas?

The honest answer is the rest of my life.

I don't like to see what I'm seeing any more than the next Hibby but I know I will still support them irrespective. There are many more like me.

Kaiser1962
20-04-2014, 08:54 AM

I don't like to see what I'm seeing any more than the next Hibby but I know I will still support them irrespective. There are many more like me.

:top marks

Waxy
20-04-2014, 08:58 AM

Yes this.Though results wont get better till a new chairman comes in to sweep the place clean.I think most would agree that time has come.

Chibs
20-04-2014, 09:01 AM

This

bingo70
20-04-2014, 09:03 AM

Is that not the point if the op.

We'll always support hibs, that doesnt mean we have to accept the offer on show just now without demanding better.

Fwiw i would love a group of fans to start putting pressure on them. Ive not got the time, the brains, the experience or the money to contribute anything worthwhile but i hope that those that can offer those things are planning something

scoopyboy
20-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Is that not the point if the op.

We'll always support hibs, that doesnt mean we have to accept the offer on show just now without demanding better.

Fwiw i would love a group of fans to start putting pressure on them. Ive not got the time, the brains, the experience or the money to contribute anything worthwhile but i hope that those that can offer those things are planning something

No disrespect but to me that is a fantasist situation.

Do you really think STF and Petrie are really going to listen?

We've been relegated before with them at the helm and did it make them change?

If people want to do that then fine but I suspect it will be a waste of time and energy.

DC_Hibs
20-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Any one got any ideas?

Where's your ideas?

I'm not talking about threads on message boards.....................

The Falcon
20-04-2014, 09:13 AM

If people want to do that then fine but I suspect it will be a waste of time and energy.

If there was something new, properly costed and well planned out then I believe he/they would.

If you go to STF with just a rant or a demand, then good luck with that.

GreenCastle
20-04-2014, 09:16 AM

Any one got any ideas?

Don't criticise the clique - the board are doing a great job and I'm proud to be a Hibs fan getting laughed at every weekend?!!!:rolleyes:

We all support Hibs in different ways and it seems that some fans seem to use the past as an example (saying we have always struggled - not completely true) or say they will support Hibs ever more ( blind faith) and posts like your get shot down.

We may as we'll have a blanket ban of any criticism - and let the dictatorship rule like they have been = remaining a laughing stock of a club.

Serious change through the club is needed if we are ever to progress.

The Falcon
20-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Don't criticise the clique - the board are doing a great job and I'm proud to be a Hibs fan getting laughed at every weekend?!!!:rolleyes:

We all support Hibs in different ways and it seems that some fans seem to use the past as an example (saying we have always struggled - not completely true) or say they will support Hibs ever more ( blind faith) and posts like your get shot down.

We may as we'll have a blanket ban of any criticism - and let the dictatorship rule like they have been = remaining a laughing stock of a club.

Serious change through the club is needed if we are ever to progress.

Buy it and you can change it. Change whoever you want.

WestStandMoaner
20-04-2014, 09:46 AM

Any one got any ideas?

Win or lose next week, 5000 plus Hibs fans outside the main stand singing Petrie get to would be a good starting point

adhibs
20-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Massive pressure needs to be put on Farmer and Petrie. If this had been any other business Farmer would've never stood by and watched it decline into the abyss like hes doling just now. The fact hes seen this going on for years without doing anything is proof to me he that he shouldnt be here.

Onion
20-04-2014, 10:10 AM

Any one got any ideas?

Nothing will change. This is little different to the Yams who were accused of sitting back and doing nothing while their team was savaged by Vlad. The complete irony is that they were enjoying some of the best times in their history while we've enjoyed some of the worst results in our history. Their penalty is dropping to the Championship but get a £25M debt write off and rid of their terrible leader. Our penalty might well be the same drop to the Championship, but carrying the same debt and Petrie/Farmer.

The vast majority of Hibs fans have become apathetic and will just walk away. The Yam fans have been invigorated and rallied round the club.

Sammy7nil
20-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Buy it and you can change it. Change whoever you want.

Great idea :rolleyes:

The Falcon
20-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Great idea :rolleyes:

Why's it not?

Its recognised that STF wants Petrie in charge come what may and there are a lot of vocal posters who think getting rid of Petrie would be the way forward. STF clearly doesnt think so.

What do you propose? Jumping up and down shoutiing a lot?

DoocootHibby
20-04-2014, 10:30 AM
This is my first post on the forum.
I've been a hibbee all my days, I am a season ticket holder and one of the 1 in 100... Cut me and I bleed green... and I am hurting!

You want to make a statement!

Something that the board will take notice of.
People are saying not to renew ST... What are you thinking .... you will kill the club, or at least takeaway any lifeline that Terry has to buy new players.

Sunday is the Derby, hopefully the last one for a season. It will be televised.

Fill the stands... bring in some money!
When the Kick off whistle is blown WALK OUT!

You are not turning your back on the Club... You are turning your back on the board, and the poor performers that they have supplied.
You will be making at statement on Live TV... it cannot be ignored, the commentators will comment and the cameras will show empty stands.
You have turned up, you have supported your (my) team!... all you ask is that the Team turn up too!

IF RP does not realise what will happen if things do not change it will be staring him in the face when he looks at an empty East Stand!

Beefster
20-04-2014, 10:30 AM

It did actually. Rodders spent big on Sauzee, Latapy et al. It was probably that spell that made him the way he is today.

emerald green
20-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Nothing is going to change until STF & Petrie are gone. The question then is who owns the club, and who is in charge of the day to day running of the club - the money man/woman - if and when they were to relinquish control? I'm not aware of any Arab oil sheiks or Russion billionaires wanting to buy into Hibs, or Scottish football generally, so what's the answer? It's all very well shouting "Petrie out", but then what? I posted on another thread yesterday the possibility of going down the fan ownership route, fully expecting to be slaughtered, but there wasn't a single comment about it. I'm not an expert. I don't know if it would work, or even if it would even be feasible in our club's case. What do others think?

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2014, 11:01 AM
If there was something new, properly costed and well planned out then I believe he/they would.

If you go to STF with just a rant or a demand, then good luck with that.

Yes I recall many clubs from years gone by where the board was forced to take action by a well costed fan protest ..... the fans massed outside the main stand with their flip charts and powerpoint presentations ........ I remember the news headlines ...... 'board backs down in face of well presented pie chart"

This is a football club .... not a branch of sodding Kwik Fit ...... I hear a lot about the reality of the situation. When you own a football club which has been as rank as this one for as long as this one this is the reality:

Fans stop going .... fans protest round the back of the stand until those in charge do something or hand over to someone who can. Finding that someone is the last honourable thing an owner can do ..... to fail in that task is turning failure into utter failure. Anybody who owns a football club who doesn't recognize that this is reality is either incredibly stupid or has an ego the size of a planet.

It is the responsibility of a clubs owners to make it a success ..... it is not up to the clubs supporters to do their job for them when they turn out to be crap at it. That's the nature of the football business ....... surely one of Scotland's most successful businessmen should appreciate that.

Waxy
20-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Anyone see the Blackpool Burnley match the other day? The Blackpool fans are outraged at the clubs board. They didn't walk away, they threw hundreds of tennis balls onto the pitch to protest.

silverhibee
20-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Why's it not?

Its recognised that STF wants Petrie in charge come what may and there are a lot of vocal posters who think getting rid of Petrie would be the way forward. STF clearly doesnt think so.

What do you propose? Jumping up and down shoutiing a lot?

We could try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHegm1HPHk :greengrin

jeffers
20-04-2014, 11:12 AM
We could try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHegm1HPHk :greengrin

Love that idea but is it OK if I aim mine at the dugout ? :wink:

Waxy
I must be invisible

greenpaper55
You can bet that none of Farmers tyre outlets are run in such a way as the Hibs are, can you imagine Petrie in charge of one of them and he comes out with his 5 year plan and all the rest of his pronouncements that go wrong he would get his jotters pronto !.

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2014, 11:13 AM
We can't protest because our own supporters ridicule those who do. We can't protest because it apparently wont make any difference. We can't protest because STF saved us and we should be praising the man and keep bending over for him.

I am not protesting, i'm just not attending matches or buying season tickets.

MSK
20-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Anyone see the Blackpool Burnley match the other day? The Blackpool fans are outraged at the clubs board. They didn't walk away, they threw hundreds of tennis balls onto the pitch to protest.**** ..that would really confuse the hibs players ..most of them dinnae even know what a football is !!!!

3pm
20-04-2014, 11:17 AM
What was Petrie's role when we were relegated?

I mind Bold Lex Gold was the chair and he sacked it.

oregonhibby
20-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Rod was MD at that point. Lex resigned and Tom O'Malley took over as Chair.

The Falcon
20-04-2014, 11:26 AM
This is a football club .... not a branch of sodding Kwik Fit ...... I hear a lot about the reality of the situation. When you own a football club which has been as rank as this one for as long as this one this is the reality:

Then buy it off him and show us how it should be done. I am with you.

rcarter1
20-04-2014, 11:39 AM
I've been a hibbee all my days, I am a season ticket holder and one of the 1 in 100... Cut me and I bleed green... and I am hurting!

People are saying not to renew ST... What are you thinking .... you will kill the club, or at least takeaway any lifeline that Terry has to buy new players.

You are not turning your back on the Club... You are turning your back on the board, and the poor performers that they have supplied.
You will be making at statement on Live TV... it cannot be ignored, the commentators will comment and the cameras will show empty stands.
You have turned up, you have supported your (my) team!... all you ask is that the Team turn up too!

IF RP does not realise what will happen if things do not change it will be staring him in the face when he looks at an empty East Stand!

That is actually a great idea - but not for the Derby! Snowballs chance of getting enough people to agree to it, but I would sign up. However before signing up we would need a well thought through proposal to go along with such an action.

What do we propose?

1) The Club invest a few million to force an edge in the wages scrap i.e. take a positive risk (vs the risk of slow rotting)

2) Propose an alternative owner

The first one is self explanatory. Put up some cash, inspire fans with imaginative signings and 'feel good' news stories in the press like 'Why I chose Hibs over Aberdeen etc etc.' Hope the players gel, get extra bums on seats, club moving forward and becoming a place to be etc. Could backfire and lead to hefty debt.

The second one is tricky. If I won a serious rollover lottery one thing Id love to do is buy out Sir Tom in an amicable fashion, then put a few million into kickstarting the club. Not going to happen, so as fans can we actively search for a buyer? Must be possible, but don't personally know any multi millionaires..

Lago
20-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Think you sound like a good leader, so what would you suggest we do?

Nando™
20-04-2014, 12:26 PM
"Sleepwalking to oblivion."

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2014, 12:39 PM
We can't protest because our own supporters ridicule those who do. We can't protest because it apparently wont make any difference. We can't protest because STF saved us and we should be praising the man and keep bending over for him.

I am not protesting, i'm just not attending matches or buying season tickets.

Unfortunately its about the only action that might catch their attention.

adhibs
20-04-2014, 01:11 PM
If people are not attending perhaps a huge number of people asking to be taken off the database could make them take notice as well

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Cant believe its got this far without us fans doing anyyhing...we all had enough to say about the yams bending over for vlad...we are every bit as bad. Petrie ignores us as fans, the only time we hear from him is when he wants OUR MONEY...petrie has to be the root cause of the last 7 years of decline at the club...he is the only constant in that time! Nothing will change at Hibs until he is forced out...simple! We need to start putting pressure on this board as fans...booing the players week in week out sure as hell aint working!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
20-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Nothing will change. This is little different to the Yams who were accused of sitting back and doing nothing while their team was savaged by Vlad. The complete irony is that they were enjoying some of the best times in their history while we've enjoyed some of the worst results in our history. Their penalty is dropping to the Championship but get a £25M debt write off and rid of their terrible leader. Our penalty might well be the same drop to the Championship, but carrying the same debt and Petrie/Farmer.

The vast majority of Hibs fans have become apathetic and will just walk away. The Yam fans have been invigorated and rallied round the club.

In a nutshell. There's a lot of fans who have had enough and simply stopped going, but try to suggest that we actually organise practical action to make our feelings known and you get shot down. Bizarre. As Nando said: "sleepwalking to oblivion".

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Maybe if every single one of the fans who have stopped going/renewing turned up outside the ground to demonstrate the numbers we have lost.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2014, 01:42 PM
"Sleepwalking to oblivion."

This.

I always find it amusing we laughed at Hearts fans for doing nothing whilst their club was torn apart spectacularly.

We are suffering death by a thousand cuts but it seems that any suggestion to try and put pressure on the board is met with scorn.

Www1875hfc
20-04-2014, 01:55 PM
We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Ive got mine sorted for Sunday. 12456

Nailrod
20-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Unfortunately, about half of the support still seems to be in the mindset of the beaten spouse - lying in their beds nursing their bruises and whimpering into the pillow "But whit'll ah dae if ma mannie leaves me... whit'll ah dae?

The Green Goblin
20-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Unfortunately, about half of the support still seems to be in the mindset of the beaten spouse - lying in their beds nursing their bruises and whimpering into the pillow "But whit'll ah dae if ma mannie leaves me... whit'll ah dae?

Superb analogy. And spot on.

Greencore
20-04-2014, 02:21 PM
The problem is simple really. We can't afford to take a risk with money.

You see we are in a small country compared to England, France, Germany.
We are in a smaller league.

We can't simply spend money to make money because well of the fans base.

Even if we wanted to we would have to invest in advertisement. Going to schools, colleges, billboards....to grow the fan base.

Maybe we could make adult tickets £10 and kids £5 and get an average of 15000 fans per home game....

The problem is simply our league is crap and let's face it the majority of Edinburgh kids support celtc or rangers...

We are simply not getting enough fans in. So maybe the board thinks if the fans are not bothering to attend why should we (STF) invest.

Maybe we just think we are better then we actually are but come on we live in the second biggest city/town in Scotland with a population of 300 thousand.

Maybe I'm just speaking nonsense and know nothing but that's my thoughts on it.

emerald green
20-04-2014, 02:30 PM
When I was heading home, extremely happy after a few beers, having beaten HOMFC at Easter Road at New Year, never in a million years would I have thought things would have totally collapsed so badly and so quickly on the pitch as we are facing today. It seems utterly bizarre and ridiculous that the team we beat that day, now relegated, are coming to our ground again as favourites to possibly/probably drag us down through the trapdoor with them.

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Win or lose next week, 5000 plus Hibs fans outside the main stand singing Petrie get to would be a good starting point
The last time that was suggested around 40 brave souls turned up .There is a forum for dialogue between fans and club but this is not the time to protest The Team needs our backing as it's all we can give them at this late stage .Its out of our hands and T B now has to earn his money .Protests just now just feed the Media circus and they are already making clowns of us without giving them more ammunition .
Having said that a poor inept display leading to defeat and not a goal scored could spark a natural protest borne out of boredom and frustration Black Sabbath could come back to bite us right enough.

Barney McGrew
20-04-2014, 02:42 PM
If this had been any other business Farmer would've never stood by and watched it decline into the abyss like hes doling just now

If this had been any other business, Farmer would never have been involved with it in the first place.

MM19
20-04-2014, 02:58 PM
The Italian supporters had a good idea that the ultras don't go into the match for the first 10 or 15 minutes then all go in together. It's obviously staged and the TV cameras showed them coming in I think it was done in the Roma Lazio derby can't remember which set of supporters done it though

matty_f
20-04-2014, 03:18 PM
This.

I always find it amusing we laughed at Hearts fans for doing nothing whilst their club was torn apart spectacularly.

We are suffering death by a thousand cuts but it seems that any suggestion to try and put pressure on the board is met with scorn.

I'll be honest and say that I think the time is right for change at the top of the club, and I'm certainly not against seeing a movement for that change from the support.

However, I think it's important that it's done for the right reasons and at aimed at an appropriate change. The club acted following the last protest - Fenlon took the fall and the board went out and got what most of us took as an ambitious move by getting Butcher and his backroom team in.

That was only a few months ago, and without giving reasonable (IMHO) time for that reaction to show improvements we're talking about protests or taking a stand again.

As I've said on other threads, this squad of players saw off one manager already, bringing a new guy in didn't give the squad more pace, creativity, or medicinal powers to bring players back to fitness. We have been on a slide since before Fenlon left. We're not coming out of it as we'd have liked to and there is no denying the severity of the position we find ourselves in.

But if we're going to call for change, we have to be prepared to let the changes work. Otherwise what happens is if whoever replaces Petrie doesn't have us top 6 in their first season, or loses out on a transfer target that we wanted, then we're back to protesting and whoever comes in next spends the time firefighting rather than laying down the foundations that can improve the club in a sustainable way.

I think there's clearly anger and frustration at where we are at just now. I feel it, I hate it at the moment, and I want better for the football club that I love. I don't want to hear stories of penny-pinching or interfering, or backroom problems any more than I want to hear players greeting about things.

However I know that for things to get better there has to be a plan in place and there has to be strong people willing to trust in that plan and follow it through.

Butcher reckoned it was an 18 month job when he came in (to get us where we should be). He's had 5 months of that and we're seeing calls for him to go. What does that say about us?

To me it says that we're rightly peed off with what's happening, that we're annoyed and spending money and energy on a side that is not giving us anything back at the moment.

But it also says (IMHO) that we are too busy being angry to see the root causes of the problems, so we go for the first ones that come to mind - Petrie and Butcher.

Going back to my opening point, I do think Petrie is one of the problems we have, and I can say that and still acknowledge the great work that has been done at the club. We are stale and rudderless at the moment and going in the wrong direction, this needs to be addressed at the top. It doesn't need Farmer's intervention, i think he's happy to let whoever is running the club run the club so long as the books balance, and that's fine with me.

I also think that Petrie probably feels the time is right to change as well, though that's based on nothing more than a hunch.

It is far too early to say if Butcher is the problem, and I don't think that right now is the time to go all guns blazing for change at the club.

Onion
20-04-2014, 03:22 PM

Won't happen, but no question it would be very effective.

silverhibee
20-04-2014, 03:23 PM
What has Mike Reilly got to say, we need a spokesman.

Gerard
20-04-2014, 03:23 PM
I'll be honest and say that I think the time is right for change at the top of the club, and I'm certainly not against seeing a movement for that change from the support.

However, I think it's important that it's done for the right reasons and at an appropriate change. The club acted following the last protest - Fenlon took the fall and the board went out and got what most of us took as an ambitious move by getting Butcher and his backroom team in.

That was only a few months ago, and without giving reasonable (IMHO) time for that reaction to show improvements we're talking about protests or taking a stand again.

As I've said on other threads, this squad of players saw off one manager already, bringing a new guy in didn't give the squad more pace, creativity, or medicinal powers to bring players back to fitness. We have been on a slide since before Fenlon left. We're not coming out of it as we'd have liked to and there is no denying the severity of the position we find ourselves in.

But if we're going to call for change, we have to be prepared to let the changes work. Otherwise what happens is if whoever replaces Petrie doesn't have us top 6 in their first season, or loses out on a transfer target that we wanted, then we're back to protesting and whoever comes in next spends the time firefighting rather than laying down the foundations that can improve the club in a sustainable way.

I think there's clearly anger and frustration at where we are at just now. I feel it, I hate it at the moment, and I want better for the football club that I love. I don't want to hear stories of penny-pinching or interfering, or backroom problems any more than I want to hear players greeting about things.

However I know that for things to get better there has to be a plan in place and there has to be strong people willing to trust in that plan and follow it through.

Butcher reckoned it was an 18 month job when he came in (to get us where we should be). He's had 5 months of that and we're seeing calls for him to go. What does that say about us?

To me it says that we're rightly peed off with what's happening, that we're annoyed and spending money and energy on a side that is not giving us anything back at the moment.

But it also says (IMHO) that we are too busy being angry to see the root causes of the problems, so we go for the first ones that come to mind - Petrie and Butcher.

Going back to my opening point, I do think Petrie is one of the problems we have, and I can say that and still acknowledge the great work that has been done at the club. We are stale and rudderless at the moment and going in the wrong direction, this needs to be addressed at the top. It doesn't need Farmer's intervention, i think he's happy to let whoever is running the club run the club so long as the books balance, and that's fine with me.

I also think that Petrie probably feels the time is right to change as well, though that's based on nothing more than a hunch.

It is far too early to say if Butcher is the problem, and I don't think that right now is the time to go all guns blazing for change at the club.

Onion
20-04-2014, 03:48 PM
The last time that was suggested around 40 brave souls turned up .There is a forum for dialogue between fans and club but this is not the time to protest The Team needs our backing as it's all we can give them at this late stage .Its out of our hands and T B now has to earn his money .Protests just now just feed the Media circus and they are already making clowns of us without giving them more ammunition .
Having said that a poor inept display leading to defeat and not a goal scored could spark a natural protest borne out of boredom and frustration Black Sabbath could come back to bite us right enough.

Let's be honest here, when was the last time you went to Easter Road and came away thinking the supporters made ANY positive contribution to the team's performance ? We turned up in big numbers yesterday and - for the first 30 mins - our team was beaten all over the park. I remember when a Hibs crowd used to inspire the team and vice versa. Nowadays and for some time, there is no evidence that the level of support from the stands makes any difference to how Hibs play.

IMHO this Hibs team would have as much chance of winning a game with a full or empty stadium. Some would even say, the less that attend the better this shower of losers are likely to play.

Big Hibs crowds = better Hibs performances is a myth.

jakeshibs
20-04-2014, 03:49 PM

Any one got any ideas?

why don't you buy the club and take it forward?

smurf
20-04-2014, 04:04 PM

However, I think it's important that it's done for the right reasons and at aimed at an appropriate change. The club acted following the last protest - Fenlon took the fall and the board went out and got what most of us took as an ambitious move by getting Butcher and his backroom team in.

Well said.

Onion
20-04-2014, 04:15 PM

Reasonable post, however must respond to a couple of points.

The main thing that keeps most fans going and supporting is not success. it is HOPE. And at the moment, it feels like there is no hope for this team or for the manager to sort this out. We have been on a downward spiral for years, with TB being the latest in a long line of people who have tried to arrest the slide - but failing. I've no idea if Petrie's replacement will be any better. No idea if we'll get top 6 or balance the books. But I'm at the point where I don't care. We need change. Change brings HOPE.

What does that say about us ? It says we are fed up being taken for mugs, we will no longer swallow the liquified crap that this club has served up for the last few years. It says we no longer tolerate failure and underperformance - even if the club's owner and Board do. Butcher sounds like a broken man and he's had to suffer this for a mere 5 months. We've had 5+ years of this. IMHO those Hibs fans who question our patience/tolerance have lost perspective and forgotten what it was like to support a winning team.

scoopyboy
20-04-2014, 04:43 PM
This.

I think it is more a matter of what you gonna do about it.

People come on and shout the odds about putting pressure on the board but then don't suggest anything as to how it is done.

Kaiser1962
20-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Personally if it was my sister/friend I would batter the guy. Is that a beaten mindset?

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2014, 06:04 PM
why don't you buy the club and take it forward?

Same as The Falcon said on my post.

Geeze the money

GreenCastle
20-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Reasonable post, however must respond to a couple of points.

The main thing that keeps most fans going and supporting is not success. it is HOPE. And at the moment, it feels like there is no hope for this team or for the manager to sort this out. We have been on a downward spiral for years, with TB being the latest in a long line of people who have tried to arrest the slide - but failing. I've no idea if Petrie's replacement will be any better. No idea if we'll get top 6 or balance the books. But I'm at the point where I don't care. We need change. Change brings HOPE.

What does that say about us ? It says we are fed up being taken for mugs, we will no longer swallow the liquified crap that this club has served up for the last few years. It says we no longer tolerate failure and underperformance - even if the club's owner and Board do. Butcher sounds like a broken man and he's had to suffer this for a mere 5 months. We've had 5+ years of this. IMHO those Hibs fans who question our patience/tolerance have lost perspective and forgotten what it was like to support a winning team.

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 06:23 AM
Same as The Falcon said on my post.

Geeze the money

Given the knowledge and insight demonstrated on how to achieve success I have to say I am genuinely surprised.

flash
21-04-2014, 06:35 AM

Or alternatively maybe they understand that right now we need to pull together in a difficult time. There will be recriminations but, personally speaking, right now my priority is seeing Hibernian in the top division next season.

Hibs07p
21-04-2014, 07:06 AM
:cb
If people are not attending perhaps a huge number of people asking to be taken off the database could make them take notice as well

This comment has been pretty much ignored, but should be implemented to make the board focus a wee bit on the possible loss of income coming their way.

GGTTH

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Why don't we do what Hearts did? Ring up an enormous debt - enjoy some success, go in to admin and wipe the debt clean?

Worked for Motherwell and United too.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 08:10 AM
I think it is more a matter of what you gonna do about it.

People come on and shout the odds about putting pressure on the board but then don't suggest anything as to how it is done.

There ain't a lot we can do as fans, when a few folk went to the back of the west stand they were roundly ridiculed by most on here. When they stop going, again they are ridiculed on here.

Any protest has to be done with the majority for it, all i see is apathy from our support. And an acceptance that we cant do anything about the owner and the muppet he's appointed to run the place.

Banners chanting and crowds gathering in the stadium giving those in charge a right going over for 90 minutes EVERY game is the only way to put pressure on them.

What will it achieve, who knows?

What are we achieving now?

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 08:16 AM
:cb
[/B]

This comment has been pretty much ignored, but should be implemented to make the board focus a wee bit on the possible loss of income coming their way.

GGTTH

Hearts hadn't been winning until recently but they are backing the team ,turning out in godd numbers and paying into the FOH kitty .
We are rightly pissed off with the way things have been going and mistakes made over past number of years .But it's catch 22 for us just now .There is no new owner waiting in the wings
,Farmer has made it clear he wanted to save the club make it. Part of the community which he has done .He said the club would have to live within it's means ,so the only way we are going to get a better quality of Player is by significantly increasing Season Tickets .if we have the right management team in place then better players would come and results improve and sponsorship and other revenue streams would increase . Like it or not that's what we bought into and if we continue to gradually erode the core fan base Any new manager I faces an immediate problem trying to attract players they want as wage structure won't be increased unless support increases.
If there a Brian Kennedy typ figure waiting in the wings to take over and Farmer was not willing to sell then that would be the time to use our collective strength to force positive change but until someone comes along we are faced with iether taking a leap of faith and rallying round the club yet again to give butcher funds he needs or slowly and painfully stand back and watch as the club we love slides further into crisis .and into the championship .Mcliesh only got us out of lower league in one season as we had extra TV revenue and he was able to attract better quality of player althogh he was a decent manager as well .the days of Scottish football attracting that kind of revenue are gone .We can talk about changing culture in board room and lack of ambition and winning mentality which is true and that has been set by farmer through Petrie and investing in infrastructure and emphasis on giving club back to community of leith .
Yes I feel like chucking it as that performance was abysmal on Saturday ,but I will be there on Sunday clutching at straws hoping against all rational logic that something on the park changes .
Our proud club is at a crossroads and the comparisons with hearts will now just get thrown at us ,so we either back the club or not, but in the absence of any white knight we need to be carefull we don't damage the club further .

Leith Green
21-04-2014, 08:21 AM
There ain't a lot we can do as fans, when a few folk went to the back of the west stand they were roundly ridiculed by most on here. When they stop going, again they are ridiculed on here.

Any protest has to be done with the majority for it, all i see is apathy from our support. And an acceptance that we cant do anything about the owner and the muppet he's appointed to run the place.

Banners chanting and crowds gathering in the stadium giving those in charge a right going over for 90 minutes EVERY game is the only way to put pressure on them.

What will it achieve, who knows?

What are we achieving now?

The unfortunate thing is that a lot of the people who were angry and wanted change are past caring, the last 5 years and especially the past couple have drained the life out of me. Sadly what will be left in a year or two will be the 4 or 5k who are happy enough to just continue putting up with the same old story.. In short its probably too late for protests as the fans who would back such a thing have already had enough

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 08:25 AM
The unfortunate thing is that a lot of the people who were angry and wanted change are past caring, the last 5 years and especially the past couple have drained the life out of me. Sadly what will be left in a year or two will be the 4 or 5k who are happy enough to just continue putting up with the same old story.. In short its probably too late for protests as the fans who would back such a thing have already had enough

You may have something there, but what annoys me is how quiet we actually have been all through this 7 year slump? Folk on here say protests wont work, well how the hell do they know this, we hardly make a noise in that department?

Pressure must be put on the owner and Petrie, to either up their game or **** off, more of the same is not acceptable.

rcarter1
21-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Why don't we do what Hearts did? Ring up an enormous debt - enjoy some success, go in to admin and wipe the debt clean?

Worked for Motherwell and United too.

Done well, its surely the only way sensible way to operate? If nothing else, the collective experience gained from reading this forum should put us in a very strong position to come up with a rock solid business strategy. The problem is working out whom exactly we should embezzle. Local businesses will be wise after the great Jam Scam, so we might need to look at some unsuspecting charity or similar.

Disclaimer: This post is a sarcastic swipe at Heart of Midlothian Football club. :greengrin

GreenCastle
21-04-2014, 10:32 AM

Knowing several of the guys involved with Hands on Hibs - they saw this coming years ago and never were fully supported and even shot down by some on here!

Several of them are now getting people asking them to start something up again but looks like that ship has sailed.

The younger generation / different people have to stand up and be counted if they really want any chance of change to happen otherwise we continue to get hibs.net / hibeesbounce complaints every week about the obvious problems the club have.

Lmc2105
21-04-2014, 10:37 AM
I honestly believe that if Sunday goes against us and we lose it maybe to much for some and things might turn quite nasty. Not in a sense of violence meaning that the pressure on the likes of Petrie might slightly be heated up. People can only take so much

basehibby
21-04-2014, 11:12 AM

Any one got any ideas?

:agree: Agreed - at a time when we should be pushing for the top spots with the Huns out the picture and the Yams celebrating their mere existence, we are toiling to avoid relegation yet again with fans as disillusioned as I can remember. Meanwhile - up to now at least we have been treated with the usual - manager's budget next season = ST sales mantra.

Hibs are (Supposed to be) an entertainment business and they are really putting the cart before the horse in this respect - you wouldn't put on a show at a shiny new theatre with posters boldly stating "STARRING someone really quite good IF enough people buy a ticket" but we persist with this strategy for ST sales year on year.

I'd say we need to let the current board know that enough is enough and that they cannot persist with this cart before horse strategy and still expect everyone to keep buying into it as the product on display just keeps getting worse. If they want Hibs to be a successfull SPFL team they should act like it from the off - they know roughly how many Hibees are out there - so spend accordingly and ATTRACT us in!

When to do so though is an important matter - after safety is achieved or (please no) we are relegated is the time to act - right now we need to be united and focus on supporting the team on match days. I think most would agree though that either way we are being short changed and something's got to give.

WestStandMoaner
21-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Hearts hadn't been winning until recently but they are backing the team ,turning out in godd numbers and paying into the FOH kitty .
We are rightly pissed off with the way things have been going and mistakes made over past number of years .But it's catch 22 for us just now .There is no new owner waiting in the wings
,Farmer has made it clear he wanted to save the club make it. Part of the community which he has done .He said the club would have to live within it's means ,so the only way we are going to get a better quality of Player is by significantly increasing Season Tickets .if we have the right management team in place then better players would come and results improve and sponsorship and other revenue streams would increase . Like it or not that's what we bought into and if we continue to gradually erode the core fan base Any new manager I faces an immediate problem trying to attract players they want as wage structure won't be increased unless support increases.
If there a Brian Kennedy typ figure waiting in the wings to take over and Farmer was not willing to sell then that would be the time to use our collective strength to force positive change but until someone comes along we are faced with iether taking a leap of faith and rallying round the club yet again to give butcher funds he needs or slowly and painfully stand back and watch as the club we love slides further into crisis .and into the championship .Mcliesh only got us out of lower league in one season as we had extra TV revenue and he was able to attract better quality of player althogh he was a decent manager as well .the days of Scottish football attracting that kind of revenue are gone .We can talk about changing culture in board room and lack of ambition and winning mentality which is true and that has been set by farmer through Petrie and investing in infrastructure and emphasis on giving club back to community of leith .
Yes I feel like chucking it as that performance was abysmal on Saturday ,but I will be there on Sunday clutching at straws hoping against all rational logic that something on the park changes .
Our proud club is at a crossroads and the comparisons with hearts will now just get thrown at us ,so we either back the club or not, but in the absence of any white knight we need to be carefull we don't damage the club further .

This is why we are in a mess, too may fans wiling to assume there is no one out there to buy Hibs and as for damaging the club further, we won't have a club playing top flight football if we don't act

greenpaper55
21-04-2014, 11:33 AM
:agree: Agreed - at a time when we should be pushing for the top spots with the Huns out the picture and the Yams celebrating their mere existence, we are toiling to avoid relegation yet again with fans as disillusioned as I can remember. Meanwhile - up to now at least we have been treated with the usual - manager's budget next season = ST sales mantra.

Hibs are (Supposed to be) an entertainment business and they are really putting the cart before the horse in this respect - you wouldn't put on a show at a shiny new theatre with posters boldly stating "STARRING someone really quite good IF enough people buy a ticket" but we persist with this strategy for ST sales year on year.

I'd say we need to let the current board know that enough is enough and that they cannot persist with this cart before horse strategy and still expect everyone to keep buying into it as the product on display just keeps getting worse. If they want Hibs to be a successfull SPFL team they should act like it from the off - they know roughly how many Hibees are out there - so spend accordingly and ATTRACT us in!

When to do so though is an important matter - after safety is achieved or (please no) we are relegated is the time to act - right now we need to be united and focus on supporting the team on match days. I think most would agree though that either way we are being short changed and something's got to give.

:top marksImagine Farmer selling you four tyres that might be good !.

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 02:20 PM
This is why we are in a mess, too may fans wiling to assume there is no one out there to buy Hibs and as for damaging the club further, we won't have a club playing top flight football if we don't act

Then where are they? If they make their intentions public then we can support their bid.

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 02:22 PM

They have done that in the past and it didnt work. Why would this be any different?

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 04:44 PM
When is it time to take a stand ?

This patience thing isn't working :fuming: we are missing opportunities every week.

(((Fergus)))
27-04-2014, 04:47 PM
One way of dealing with it is to focus on other hobbies.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Unless Farmer sells out then we are stuck with what we've got, Petrie ain't going anywhere as it's far too much of a cash cow for him, the only way we can shift this lot is to keep tweeting Andy Murray, The Proclaimers, Irvine Welsh and Dougray Scott to put something forward, and I'm not joking here either because no matter what happens Farmer and Petrie will not leave Hibs.

Cod Boy
27-04-2014, 04:51 PM
The fans should tell him to ram his free buses to Dingwall

GreenCastle
27-04-2014, 04:52 PM
The pish is being ripped out the fans.

Change of direction and LEADERSHIP needs to happen at the top. TB also needs to start improving or he can leave also.

Complete mess