PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something? Have we been relegated?

The Sea-gull
20-04-2014, 07:51 AM
I am one of the more negative, pessimistic (well I prefer "realistic") posters but I am staggered at the number of posts I am reading saying we are down. We look like we can't score and therefore are unlikely to win another game but things can change quickly and even if we do end up in the play off spot we then have 2 games to play before we are actually down. Relegation is becoming a more realistic possibility by the week but it is not a certainty. Not yet.

Waxy
20-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Seeing as we dont score goals, anyone think we should get the forwards back helping the defence?
We only have 4points to play for. We could play a 6-4-0 formation. Butcher out ------- in

Wakeyhibee
20-04-2014, 08:23 AM
I am one of the more negative, pessimistic (well I prefer "realistic") posters but I am staggered at the number of posts I am reading saying we are down. We look like we can't score and therefore are unlikely to win another game but things can change quickly and even if we do end up in the play off spot we then have 2 games to play before we are actually down. Relegation is becoming a more realistic possibility by the week but it is not a certainty. Not yet.

My concern is that if we do end up in the play off spot then we will as we will be playing a team arguably as good, if not better playing with confidence, used to winning, up for a big match and promotion. Our only hope is Ross County I think, I can see all the other teams getting more points than us.

TornadoHibby
20-04-2014, 08:24 AM

Of course it's not a certainty but I wonder what the odds of it happening compared to it not happening are?

The bookies tend to go with the most likely outcome and don't get them wrong too often.

Also, the most recent match results from Hibs, one win in the last 17 or so matches, doesn't suggest that the next four will produce the points which will be necessary to avoid relegation play off place IMO!

bobbyhibs1983
20-04-2014, 08:25 AM

your quite right in what you are saying to be honest, things can easily change, but if you had a chance to put a million pounds on it happening would you?

As you said about the play offs i would think whoever would be against us(if it happened,I am unsure who it would be against though!) given the chance to pick a team from the spl, to play against over 2 games , no doubt they d pick us in a heartbeat.
and at the moment i would not be confident of winning both the games,

I tihnk next week against them is a huge game.Yje thing that annoys me, is we ever seem to be up for it,TB has had one derby and it was a huge let down.
I tihnk IF we beat them it would be a great result and see us okay imo.

Heedersnvolleys
20-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Your also forgetting we have already been beaten pretty easily from a below average Championship side this season never mind a team gunning for the premiership.:confused:

The Sea-gull
20-04-2014, 08:33 AM
I recognise we are the worst team right now and the one looking most likely but despite all that we are still some how the highest placed of the 5. With everyone playing each other results can't really go against us (though some combinations are better than others) and a win or even a draw would change our outlook. My real fear us if we drop to 11th (this could happen next week) we don't have the stomach to haul ourselves back.

The Sea-gull
20-04-2014, 08:45 AM
On the subject of other results, what do we want from next week's games? Partick v St Mirren. Draw keeps both around us. Partick win pushes them 2 ahead but keeps St Mirren level. Saints win puts them 3 clear of us but keeps Partick behind. Ross Co v Killie. Draw would keep them around us, Ross win and they are level with us but Killie remain back. Killie win they go 2 ahead but keeps RC 3 behind. All this before we have even played. Reckon best for us is draw PT v saints and a Killie win.

Chibs
20-04-2014, 08:49 AM
your quite right in what you are saying to be honest, things can easily change, but if you had a chance to put a million pounds on it happening would you?

As you said about the play offs i would think whoever would be against us(if it happened,I am unsure who it would be against though!) given the chance to pick a team from the spl, to play against over 2 games , no doubt they d pick us in a heartbeat.
and at the moment i would not be confident of winning both the games,

I tihnk next week against them is a huge game.Yje thing that annoys me, is we ever seem to be up for it,TB has had one derby and it was a huge let down.
I tihnk IF we beat them it would be a great result and see us okay imo.

" TB has had one derby and it was a huge let down"

Do you drink an excessive amount of buckfast before posting

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2014, 09:09 AM

Ach .... Arthurs maybe an auld guy like me and loses track of previous results. TB was in charge when we beat the Yams at new year Arthur, which seems a long long time ago now.

Like most Hibbies I am of the opinion that if we do end up in the play off we will have our work cut out to beat an 'up for it' Championship side.

When Goodwin was sent off yesterday I had no confidence whatsoever that our chances of a draw had improved ..... its a big worry that I was proved right.

we are hibs
20-04-2014, 09:17 AM
We can't score, we can't defend, we lose the midfield battles early on all the time, we don't win first balls, we don't win second balls, we keep employing this long ball "tactic" that clearly isn't working as we have a striker upfront who has zero confidence and couldn't score to save himself ,we have a manger who has admitted that he doesn't know where we go from here and we could be one defeat away from the relegation play-off position........ Apart from that we have real reason for optimism.

Gatecrasher
20-04-2014, 09:19 AM
My concern is that if we do end up in the play off spot then we will as we will be playing a team arguably as good, if not better playing with confidence, used to winning, up for a big match and promotion. Our only hope is Ross County I think, I can see all the other teams getting more points than us.
2 weeks ago our only hope was st Mirren this week it was Partick and now it's Ross county? There's an unfortunate trend for all to see, our only hope is our players so god help us.

bobbyhibs1983
20-04-2014, 09:42 AM

Ah sorry if i ve made a mistake there.I only really count what happened in the games in the last while(getting old i am just over 30! and losing my mind it seems):greengrin

as they say you are only as good as your last game and we were pretty poor it seems
and why would anyone wanna drink buckfast let alone excessively i ll never know,though I should maybe start!

madhatter
20-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Writing was on wall 2 years ago when we had relegation battle with Dunfermline. What's been done since to suggest we are staying up? Nothing I can see except alienation of fans and poorer team.

Fife-Hibee
20-04-2014, 10:08 AM

Yes we played ***** at tyncastle Arthur, but dont forget we got bumped out of a goal to make it 1-1 and we were the better team at that point! Its so ****ing annoying how many points we lose due to officials !! *******s !!

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 10:16 AM
One win in 15 games, 5 defeats in a row and no goals in 360 minutes of football tells it's own story. Utter pish. Relegation material. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Yes we played ***** at tyncastle Arthur, but dont forget we got bumped out of a goal to make it 1-1 and we were the better team at that point! Its so ****ing annoying how many points we lose due to officials !! *******s !!

Clutching at straws fifey. No excuses for what's happening just now. Certainly can't blame officials. They even helped us yesterday and we could capitalise.

Fife-Hibee
20-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Your probably right mate, still sticks in my throat though !

Onion
20-04-2014, 10:34 AM
No, but things are now so bad that the Hearts thread has been relegated to page 2 of this forum :shocked:

DH1875
20-04-2014, 11:17 AM
On the subject of other results, what do we want from next week's games? Partick v St Mirren. Draw keeps both around us. Partick win pushes them 2 ahead but keeps St Mirren level. Saints win puts them 3 clear of us but keeps Partick behind. Ross Co v Killie. Draw would keep them around us, Ross win and they are level with us but Killie remain back. Killie win they go 2 ahead but keeps RC 3 behind. All this before we have even played. Reckon best for us is draw PT v saints and a Killie win.

I think killie and saints are safe and will pick up more points. Comes down to us, county and thistle.

emerald green
20-04-2014, 11:25 AM
I think the managers and players of Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle and Ross County (not to mention HOMFC) will all be thinking they can easily take all 3 points in their matches against Hibs. That will be enough for them all to avoid the play-off place I suspect, and put us into it. Ross County might need another point? Can Hibs beat any of these teams? Judging by recent performances, I would say they can't. Please let me be wrong.

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I think the managers and players of Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle and Ross County (not to mention HOMFC) will all be thinking they can easily take all 3 points in their matches against Hibs. That will be enough for them all to avoid the play-off place I suspect, and put us into it. Ross County might need another point? Can Hibs beat any of these teams? Judging by recent performances, I would say they can't. Please let me be wrong.

He had two weeks to work with that team and work on ways to get at st mirren as he knows we can't keep a clean sheet .yet there was just nothing there up front to trouble them that's the biggest incitement for me .Think to when he first came in and players were at least trying to shoot at goal .But the confidence has gone .its hard to see what he can do now iether revert to bringing in some youngsters or revert to as many of the players that went unbeaten when he first came in .
He has to utilise Watmore as at least he has some talent and skill but the young players are finding it hard to flourish in amongst all this dross .
But we are up against the young burnt out squad of hearts next That's another lie they peddled in a further attempt to continue cheating But the media are now more interested in our ineptitude and demise while talking up hearts .Another defeat by them doesn't bear thinking about but it almost seems inevitable

emerald green
20-04-2014, 02:54 PM
He had two weeks to work with that team and work on ways to get at st mirren as he knows we can't keep a clean sheet .yet there was just nothing there up front to trouble them that's the biggest incitement for me .Think to when he first came in and players were at least trying to shoot at goal .But the confidence has gone .its hard to see what he can do now iether revert to bringing in some youngsters or revert to as many of the players that went unbeaten when he first came in .
He has to utilise Watmore as at least he has some talent and skill but the young players are finding it hard to flourish in amongst all this dross .
But we are up against the young burnt out squad of hearts next That's another lie they peddled in a further attempt to continue cheating But the media are now more interested in our ineptitude and demise while talking up hearts .Another defeat by them doesn't bear thinking about but it almost seems inevitable

I just can't see a way out of the vicious downward spiral our first team squad is in. Can't defend, can't score, gutless, no leadership, players hiding and/or simply not good enough at this level. How utterly bizarre, and totally unacceptable, that we are expecting to get beaten (again) on our own pitch by a team which has already been relegated. HFC just seems to keep finding new ways to embarrass it's long suffering supporters.

TornadoHibby
20-04-2014, 03:10 PM
No, but things are now so bad that the Hearts thread has been relegated to page 2 of this forum :shocked:

As has yesterday's match day thread on the St Mirren v Hibs match!!

scuttle
20-04-2014, 03:13 PM
I think killie and saints are safe and will pick up more points. Comes down to us, county and thistle.

Think its between us and Ross Co as the rest have goal scorers , must pick up something before we travel up there and hope they keep losing. It really is squeaky bum time

Pete
20-04-2014, 03:16 PM

Page one has thirty threads all saying the same thing.
Once they are merged under the title "woe is me *swoon*" we'll see the hearts one again.

Springbank
20-04-2014, 07:13 PM
I just can't see a way out of the vicious downward spiral our first team squad is in. Can't defend, can't score, gutless, no leadership, players hiding and/or simply not good enough at this level. How utterly bizarre, and totally unacceptable, that we are expecting to get beaten (again) on our own pitch by a team which has already been relegated. HFC just seems to keep finding new ways to embarrass it's long suffering supporters.

I can see one way - ditch the experienced awful pros

There is literally nothing to lose and everything to gain playing the u20 team

The useless pros are losing 0-2 every game and show NO SIGN of changing that

I for one will back the club to the hilt if it emptied the pros and told them to stay up town where they'd rather be, to let some genuinely enthusiastic talented young footballers try to do better than 0-2 0-2 0-2 0-2

I suspect they'd get 4 points and we'd be safe AND it will be the watershed we've needed for 7 years to rid the club of bad attitudes and even poorer skill levels

emerald green
21-04-2014, 11:08 AM

I for one will back the club to the hilt if it emptied the pros and told them to stay up town where they'd rather be, to let some genuinely enthusiastic talented young footballers try to do better than 0-2 0-2 0-2 0-2

I suspect they'd get 4 points and we'd be safe AND it will be the watershed we've needed for 7 years to rid the club of bad attitudes and even poorer skill levels

I agree. At least if we go down, we go down fighting with some pride intact. :agree:

basehibby
21-04-2014, 11:57 AM

Erm - I'm afraid this is complete and utter tosh! - we have the small matter of our place in the Premier League to lose. There may well be some players in the under 20s that are ready to make the step up but promoting the lot all at once as you are suggesting would be paramount to suicide.

Think back to a couple of years ago - we had an under 20s side that won the League and Cup double at their level - how many have since made the grade at first team level and where are the rest of them?!?

The Yams have been forced to field a team with many youngsters due to their criminal ineptitude off the pitch - despite their recent run of good form and even without the 15 points deduction they would STILL have the worst record in the league.

basehibby
21-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Of course it's not a certainty but I wonder what the odds of it happening compared to it not happening are?

The bookies tend to go with the most likely outcome and don't get them wrong too often.

Also, the most recent match results from Hibs, one win in the last 17 or so matches, doesn't suggest that the next four will produce the points which will be necessary to avoid relegation play off place IMO!

Latest odds for team to finish bottom excluding Hearts:
http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-football/scottish-premiership?ev_oc_grp_ids=1601578
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/to-finish-bottom-w-o-hearts

The bookies appear to have more faith in this Hibs team/less in our competitors than most of the posters on this thread.

green day
21-04-2014, 12:32 PM
http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-football/scottish-premiership?ev_oc_grp_ids=1601578
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/to-finish-bottom-w-o-hearts

The bookies appear to have more faith in this Hibs team/less in our competitors than most of the posters on this thread.

I have said this a few times but lots on here don't want to hear it.

I won't be worried unless we lose to hearts and Ross county.

Why? Because although we are total garbage, county etc are too and these teams will still cut each others throats.

Waxy
21-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Indeed Ross co losing at tincastle does show they are on a par with ourselves and can't be looking forward to the run in either.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 02:14 PM
I have said this a few times but lots on here don't want to hear it.

I won't be worried unless we lose to hearts and Ross county.

Why? Because although we are total garbage, county etc are too and these teams will still cut each others throats.
Have always thought the last three games were going to be the most important but on current form and performance level lack of confidence etc it's easy to see why media are now saying we are favourites to be in play off .
We have beaten Ross county in our last three games so if they did beat us it would confirm how low we have sunk .A fit Robertson is a must for that game but one player isn't going to turn this around and apart from playing McGivern beside Nelson and throwing in a young untried full back there is no alternative for that shocking defence So clean sheet is out the question However all the teams below us have conceded more than us.Its in the scoring stakes where we are poorest so real question is who can step up to plate and score and we need more than one to win a match IMO Cummings has goals in him but pressure is something the team isn't handling well and management team need to find a way to help them do this

IWasThere2016
21-04-2014, 02:28 PM

How many Hibs' games have the bookies seen recently?

Those odds were 12/1 before the Yams game, and 8/1 after. Now under 6's after Satruday .. I see a trend :wink:

Onion
21-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Made the mistake of reading the DR this morning and their 4 footie journos all picked Hibs as most likely for the drop. All said the team was a basket case and Butcher didn't have a clue what to do.

emerald green
21-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Erm - I'm afraid this is complete and utter tosh! - we have the small matter of our place in the Premier League to lose. There may well be some players in the under 20s that are ready to make the step up but promoting the lot all at once as you are suggesting would be paramount to suicide.

Think back to a couple of years ago - we had an under 20s side that won the League and Cup double at their level - how many have since made the grade at first team level and where are the rest of them?!?

The Yams have been forced to field a team with many youngsters due to their criminal ineptitude off the pitch - despite their recent run of good form and even without the 15 points deduction they would STILL have the worst record in the league.

OK then, so do nothing and continue with this team thats getting beat week after week - who can't score a goal and can't defend. Butcher has said he has tried everything with them. Perhaps the earlier poster did not literally mean play the whole U20s, but I say TB has to drop a fair number of the so called experienced pros who are either devoid of any confidence or spirit, hiding, not interested, or just simply not good enough. They have had chance after chance and failed repeatedly. Give at least some of the U20s a wee chance. You never know, they might just scrape together a few points and keep this club up. HOMFC are far from the worst team in the league. Anyone who knows anything about football knows who, currently, the worst team in the league is.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Made the mistake of reading the DR this morning and their 4 footie journos all picked Hibs as most likely for the drop. All said the team was a basket case and Butcher didn't have a clue what to do.
But it's what most people are thinking about hibs just now Butcher looks bewildered and drained Can't imagine the meetings between him and Petrie are pleasant to be at just now .think in a few weeks Basket Case could be apt description .A fortnights planning and preparation over in 13 seconds nd in truth there was no evidence of what the team had been working on in that time .We do look like a club lurching from one disaster to the next There is nothing to suggest he knows what he is doing .At. 2 0 down the game was over and when Goodwin went off it should of been changes and go for it but he was just shell shocked and unable to respond ,a bit like a lot of the players .it is difficult to see him turning this around as he isn't inspiring anyone just now .