PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans do it again......

monktonharp
19-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Turn up in droves, and even have an extra section opened up at New St Mirren Park, only to be kicked in the baws by the team they love, who somehow conspire to lose a goal in 13 seconds, and gift another only a few minutes later effectively handing over the points with not even a whimper. the fans were gutted, and the songs and cheers that they made occassionaly throughout the match were quickly extinguished by frequent schoolboy errors and inept performances through the team. dear God, what have we done to deserve this? some of the young players tried their guts oot in the second half, but in the main, there is a serious problem at the back, and all 4 of the back line can go out the door now, imho.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Turn up in droves, and even have an extra section opened up at New St Mirren Park, only to be kicked in the baws by the team they love, who somehow conspire to lose a goal in 13 seconds, and gift another only a few minutes later effectively handing over the points with not even a whimper. the fans were gutted, and the songs and cheers that they made occassionaly throughout the match were quickly extinguished by frequent schoolboy errors and inept performances through the team. dear God, what have we done to deserve this? some of the young players tried their guts oot in the second half, but in the main, there is a serious problem at the back, and all 4 of the back line can go out the door now, imho.

Can't agree more. The only first class thing about the club is the fans. Admiral nelson is shameful, maybury is done and Stevenson is no left back. Feel some sympathy for Forster because at a young age in defence you need solid experienced guys to show you the ropes. Shameful as usual.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 11:05 PM
If it was a court case I agree there is no case for the defence .They are guilty but what does he do bring in the under 20 s back four and hope they handle the situation .He clearly doesn't rate boateng So that loan was a waste When we knew we needed cover .

monktonharp
19-04-2014, 11:10 PM
If it was a court case I agree there is no case for the defence .They are guilty but what does he do bring in the under 20 s back four and hope they handle the situation .He clearly doesn't rate boateng So that loan was a waste When we knew we needed cover .I honestly don't know what he can do, but the back line needs to go asap. why have we still got a left back out on loan to a team that won the Ramsden cup 2 weeks ago. It's not as if we need cover, is it?

Zazu62
19-04-2014, 11:11 PM
How many fans did we take ?

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 11:19 PM
I honestly don't know what he can do, but the back line needs to go asap. why have we still got a left back out on loan to a team that won the Ramsden cup 2 weeks ago. It's not as if we need cover, is it?
Well we can lay the blame with Fenlon for that one not giving us option to bring him back

monktonharp
19-04-2014, 11:27 PM
How many fans did we take ?just short of 1600, which is the normal capacity for away fans. if HFC had mentioned an overspill section was probable, we'd probable had more there.

monktonharp
19-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Well we can lay the blame with Fenlon for that one not giving us option to bring him backis that the sort of thing thst the CE should be sortin g out?

IberianHibernian
19-04-2014, 11:37 PM
I don`t think Williams made a hard save in the whole match - one long range volley in about 70th minute maybe . And since Butcher arrived , Nelson and Forster seem to be our main goal threat so don`t think we can put all the blame on the defence . As for Booth , did he not leave before PF arrived and has he done anything special while away ? I hardly noticed him in cup match . No Raith player stuck out that day that would improve our team but we were tactically outplayed by a more motivated team .

SAUZEH
19-04-2014, 11:45 PM
This season I've tried various ways to cope with an away game:
- go the gym whilst it is on
- listen to the game on the radio
- follow it on the internet
- listen the ******g awful open all michaels
- ignore it, like it never happened
- get drunk
- attend a wedding
- spend two hours in prayer
- spend two hours in bed
- lie down in a darkened room
- work.

But toady I made the mistake of attending the game. 13 effin seconds, unlucky for some!:fuming:

.Sean.
20-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Exactly where I'm at mate. Looking forward to it all week, buying new trainers/ getting the best of gear on, choosing a Hibs away day over your pals birthday night out cause you're skint and can only afford one of them, then going through and being presented with that... Any wonder ***** have had enough? No more.

HH81
20-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Exactly where I'm at mate. Looking forward to it all week, buying new trainers/ getting the best of gear on, choosing a Hibs away day over your pals birthday night out cause you're skint and can only afford one of them, then going through and being presented with that... Any wonder ***** have had enough? No more.

Take the trainers back.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Can't agree more. The only first class thing about the club is the fans. Admiral nelson is shameful, maybury is done and Stevenson is no left back. Feel some sympathy for Forster because at a young age in defence you need solid experienced guys to show you the ropes. Shameful as usual.Forster was absolutely awful(not going to make it IMO) and sold the second goal, full backs were fine and helped a lot going forward when they went down to 10.

Waxy
20-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Play 3 5 2.might be easier for the defence to understand whats going on.

Alfred E Newman
20-04-2014, 07:18 AM

I don't think the players can cope with the pressure of a large following. Other teams get a lift from a big support yet it seems to have the opposite effect with us. It's been that way for years.
There a a few exceptions but most of our best away results have been in front of a few hundred hardy soles huddled in the back of a half empty stand.

Waxy
20-04-2014, 07:21 AM
I don't think the players can cope with the pressure of a large following. Other teams get a lift from a big support yet it seems to have the opposite effect with us. It's been that way for years.
There a a few exceptions but most of our best away results have been in front of a few hundred hardy soles huddled in the back of a half empty stand.
Looks like the pressures off now then.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2014, 10:15 AM
"Hibs fans do it again"

That is the one thing from the last sorry 7 years which gives me hope that Hibs will one day be saved from the malaise we are in.

Through all the rubbish we have had to watch on the pitch the fans have shown time and again that THEY are the pride of this failing football club .... The numbers we have taken to any meaningful game and the support they have given is nothing short of miraculous.

I've said this before ..... When the subject of Hibs comes up in conversation at least I can temper the fact that the team are a failure by being able to point to as good a set of fans as anywhere in the UK.

But I am now getting really worried ....... How long can this continue without the fans getting something back ... there are signs already that things are coming to a head. A few times recently we have failed to sell all of our tickets for the PBS and more and more committed Hibs fans are on here saying they have, or are on the point of, chucking it. These are regular fans, not casual walk ups who go when the team is playing well........ This is not an uberfan debate, every club needs its casual walk ups .... they are the barometer of success. But when the die hards become disaffected you have a club in trouble.

I remain firmly convinced that the fans are out there ..... they are Hibbies and remain loyal Hibs fans ........It is to the shame of the 'custodians' of their club that any motivation to go to the clubs games other than blind loyalty has been removed from the equation.

I was going to say blind 'unquestioning' loyalty ......But I get the feeling that that is something which will shortly no longer be the case, something has got to give. Its only a matter of time before the evident anger at the board manifest on here is shown from the stands.

GGTTH

cleanyman
20-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Well done to the 1,526 Hibs fans who turned up. Fantastic support.

Shame about the utter shambles on the park. Haynes trying to up the Hibs support was the most embarrassing part of the day, awful player.

hibsbollah
20-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Forster was absolutely awful(not going to make it IMO) and sold the second goal, full backs were fine and helped a lot going forward when they went down to 10.

I think thats hard on Forster. Was made to pay for losing possession at the second goal but he was reasonably solid apart from that, considering the absolute disaster that is Nelson next to him.

Id like to see him next to either Hanlon or McPake. Alternatively at right back, where he was doing well at the start of the season.

emerald green
20-04-2014, 10:33 AM
"Hibs fans do it again"

That is the one thing from the last sorry 7 years which gives me hope that Hibs will one day be saved from the malaise we are in.

Through all the rubbish we have had to watch on the pitch the fans have shown time and again that THEY are the pride of this failing football club .... The numbers we have taken to any meaningful game and the support they have given is nothing short of miraculous.

I've said this before ..... When the subject of Hibs comes up in conversation at least I can temper the fact that the team are a failure by being able to point to as good a set of fans as anywhere in the UK.

But I am now getting really worried ....... How long can this continue without the fans getting something back ... there are signs already that things are coming to a head. A few times recently we have failed to sell all of our tickets for the PBS and more and more committed Hibs fans are on here saying they have, or are on the point of, chucking it. These are regular fans, not casual walk ups who go when the team is playing well........ This is not an uberfan debate, every club needs its casual walk ups .... they are the barometer of success. But when the die hards become disaffected you have a club in trouble.

I remain firmly convinced that the fans are out there ..... they are Hibbies and remain loyal Hibs fans ........It is to the shame of the 'custodians' of their club that any motivation to go to the clubs games other than blind loyalty has been removed from the equation.

I was going to say blind 'unquestioning' loyalty ......But I get the feeling that that is something which will shortly no longer be the case, something has got to give. Its only a matter of time before the evident anger at the board manifest on here is shown from the stands.

GGTTH

This. :top marksYet, UNBELIEVABLY, there were posters on these forums recently blaming the Hibs supporters for the shambolic mess we are in on the pitch. The back four has been a bomb scare for several years now. As I've said before, every time a high ball gets hoofed into our penalty box (just like yesterday, or the first yam goal at PBS) I think the ball is going to end up in the back of our net. Pub team defence. How that's going to keep us up I really don't know.

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2014, 10:37 AM
In my opinion hibs fans have been absolutely amazing over the last few years and shown an incredible amount of support to a failing team.
If supporting your team won you leagues we d be top every year.

I hope that one day sooner rather than later we can be rewarded with a team worthy of the support

SMAXXA
20-04-2014, 10:44 AM
I think thats hard on Forster. Was made to pay for losing possession at the second goal but he was reasonably solid apart from that, considering the absolute disaster that is Nelson next to him.

Id like to see him next to either Hanlon or McPake. Alternatively at right back, where he was doing well at the start of the season.

Not for me, he's been hopeless at right back and needs to play ch or not play at all imo

Heisenberg
20-04-2014, 10:50 AM

I thought he was just as bad as Nelson. Both all over the place and simply cannot play together.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Take the trainers back.

:hilarious

The price of them could've went a long way towards the birthday night out.

Bayern Bru
20-04-2014, 01:16 PM

Shame about the utter shambles on the park. Haynes trying to up the Hibs support was the most embarrassing part of the day, awful player.

I've never seen such a half-ar*ed attempt to rally the support. Given how little effort he and some of the other players were putting in yesterday, he had some cheek.

Hibernia&Alba
20-04-2014, 01:21 PM

It certainly was a great effort. To take over 1500 to watch two terrible teams in a terrible league was heartening. However, we were betrayed again.

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2014, 01:26 PM
I thought he was just as bad as Nelson. Both all over the place and simply cannot play together.

This 100%...Forster is every bit as bad as Nelson and escapes criticism as he came thru youth set up...never an SPL standard defender...oh how we miss Paul Hanlon!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

PPZPOL
20-04-2014, 01:37 PM

Didn't just lose it through an attempted threaded pass or a ball that was maybe on and he never quite executed correctly though, he lost it trying to dribble, it got stuck under his feet after hitting his shins, ankles etc. I think when you lose it like that then you need to take the criticism on the chin. I do agree he was punished badly for it, but still.....that tends to happen when you are a CH dribbling about in the middle of the park and you lose the ball.

monktonharp
20-04-2014, 01:38 PM
I've never seen such a half-ar*ed attempt to rally the support. Given how little effort he and some of the other players were putting in yesterday, he had some cheek.
:agree:that gadge had a bloody cheek trying to rouse us . every time the fans tried to get something going, (even the young team who are hard to shut up) the players responded by feeble attempts and unbelievable mistakes. As for the previous poster re-Forster, that laddie has been mince for about 8 games now. he is the current "bomb scare", replacing a long list of them .Murdoch ,where are you?

iwasthere1972
20-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Yesterday had a sort of cup semi final feeling about it in the lead up to the day. After 15 minutes I thought ah bollox they're doing a Falkirk on us and Griffiths has long gone.

A shambles at the back again. Just what do the players do at training all week. Can't defend and couldn't score even if there was no goalie and the goals were twice the size they are.

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Forster was absolutely awful(not going to make it IMO) and sold the second goal, full backs were fine and helped a lot going forward when they went down to 10.
Butcher gave foster a new three year deal .Looked great for several games last year at centre back but shift to right back saw dip in form and putting him back into centre with Nelson has never worked but he may come good in a different team

Lago
20-04-2014, 04:24 PM
I honestly don't know what he can do, but the back line needs to go asap. why have we still got a left back out on loan to a team that won the Ramsden cup 2 weeks ago. It's not as if we need cover, is it?
Season long loan, no recall. Fenllons deal.

Lago
20-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Didn't just lose it through an attempted threaded pasit simple or a ball that was maybe on and he never quite executed correctly though, he lost it trying to dribble, it got stuck under his feet after hitting his shins, ankles etc. I think when you lose it like that then you need to take the criticism on the chin. I do agree he was punished badly for it, but still.....that tends to happen when you are a CH dribbling about in the middle of the park and you lose the ball.

And as a CH what was he doing dribbling about the middle of the park. Keep it simple.

lucky
20-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Nelson lost the header to Thompson and Forster was posted missing for the 1st. Stevenson played the guy on for the 2cd when he should stepped up. Apart from the 2 goals I can't remember either side having another decent effort on goal.