PDA

View Full Version : If you could address the squad between now and Sunday..

matty_f
19-04-2014, 10:13 PM
What would you say to them to get them fired up for the rest of the season?

jeffers
19-04-2014, 10:14 PM

I wouldn't I'd let Kevin Thomson do it.

Thecat23
19-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Force everyone of them to read Hibs. Net then threaten them all with new deals!!!!!

madhatter
If you don't perform better you're destined for a career in the spfl waste bin. Or at risk of having no footballing career.

DaveF
Nowhere near the same thing, but the sentiment from the guy hit home

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26423500

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2014, 10:17 PM

Why has he not said anything yet?

jeffers
19-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Yawn

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2014, 10:18 PM
If you don't perform better you're destined for a career in the spfl waste bin. Or at risk of having no footballing career.

Doesn't work - there's a post on another thread saying they're really scared of Maurice Malpas and that's why they can't do their job correctly.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2014, 10:19 PM

You're all dropped, the 20's team will take your place now get your stuff and get running around the pitch.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Yawn

Can you not answer the question?

Just for clarity the question is if you think he can inspire them, why isn't he doing it now?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Make them watch the 6-2, Millennium derby or the unbeatables derby. Probably wouldn't motivate them at all though.

AL-Qaholik
19-04-2014, 10:22 PM
GTFO of this (once) proud football club!

And donate your last two months pay to a children's charity of your choosing on your way out...

madhatter
19-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Doesn't work - there's a post on another thread saying they're really scared of Maurice Malpas and that's why they can't do their job correctly.

Well, send malpas in with a handful of p45s in his hand. What is this primary school kids? They are suppose to be men, suppose to be professional footballers who get paid thousands a week. Could I say I've had a dip in my form or I'm scared of my boss that's why I'm underperforming? Utter nonsense.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Well, send malpas in with a handful of p45s in his hand. What is this primary school kids? They are suppose to be men, suppose to be professional footballers who get paid thousands a week. Could I say I've had a dip in my form or I'm scared of my boss that's why I'm underperforming? Utter nonsense.

Couldn't agree more.

marinello59
19-04-2014, 10:28 PM

Do you lot want a fish supper?

Sir David Gray
19-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure that anything would help this current group of players.

jeffers
19-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Can you not answer the question?

Just for clarity the question is if you think he can inspire them, why isn't he doing it now?

So he's a trouble maker who has too much to say for himself but now you are complaining 'cos he's not inspiring the team. Make up your mind, what is it ? Last time I checked it wasn't his job, it was TB's.

Matty asked what we would say, I'd rather someone who had the respect of his team mates, someone who loved the club and had played at a high level did it instead.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Got it. OK boys we've placed a bet on us winning this derby. Now get out there and win this. Oh before I forget the money used for the bet was your wages for the rest of the season. If you win you get the winnings. If not, no pay.

SaulGoodman
19-04-2014, 10:33 PM
GTF you bunch of wage thieves, good luck getting a chance like this again.

Then bring in the under 20's, tell them there's no pressure and to play how they've been playing

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2014, 10:36 PM
So he's a trouble maker who has too much to say for himself but now you are complaining 'cos he's not inspiring the team. Make up your mind, what is it ? Last time I checked it wasn't his job, it was TB's.

Matty asked what we would say, I'd rather someone who had the respect of his team mates, someone who loved the club and had played at a high level did it instead.

He has plenty to say to folk outside the team/club - we all know that.

As a senior player and as the leader I've been reading about I would've expected him to be inspiring now. Like he's claimed he was at ht in the semi final last year.

monktonharp
19-04-2014, 10:40 PM
What would you say to them to get them fired up for the rest of the season? go out, in every match and try not to lose a goal for at least 89 minutes. they'd probably manage to beat the current spfl record of 13 secs though:rolleyes:

SaulGoodman
19-04-2014, 10:42 PM
go out, in every match and try not to lose a goal for at least 89 minutes. they'd probably manage to beat the current spfl record of 13 secs though:rolleyes:

13 seconds! Now that's embarrassing!

Hibs may be ***** but at least we'll never be the team that lost a goal in 13 seconds!

jeffers
19-04-2014, 10:45 PM
He has plenty to say to folk outside the team/club - we all know that.

As a senior player and as the leader I've been reading about I would've expected him to be inspiring now. Like he's claimed he was at ht in the semi final last year.

No, we don't all know that. The only thing I've heard attributed to him was saying he was fit when asked despite TB claiming he was still injured. It's not the first time you've alluded to this so why not come out and tell us what he's been saying to folk ? I'd love to know.

And as for leading, pretty hard to do when you've spent most of your time under TB either in the stand or on the bench. And again, I've not heard him claim he was inspiring the team during the semi last year, but I've heard it from a mate who knows PF.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 10:49 PM
What the **** is it going to take before you score a goal :rolleyes:

IberianHibernian
19-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Sadly I doubt many if any of the players really want to be at ER next season especially with present manager . That in itself must be an incentive - prove you`re good enough to play in another team or be part of a new Hibs team with new manager next season . A year ago we were looking forward to the cup final and scoring 3 at Killie ( without LG ) and it was probably easy for players like Harris to play first few games for team . Now it`s a lot harder but hopefully this experience will benefit team in long run .

Phil D. Rolls
19-04-2014, 10:50 PM

Leave now, your wife's booked the holidays. Then simply tell the kids it's their big chance. Lets face it, it can't be helping their confidence getting kept out of the team by those duds.

Lets plan for the future. Our business plan is based on bringing kids through. It's worked at the Arabs.

I also think it will give the fans something to focus on.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Sir Alex, Mourinho or Stevie Wonder couldn't motivate this lot.

Phil D. Rolls
19-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Make them watch the 6-2, Millennium derby or the unbeatables derby. Probably wouldn't motivate them at all though.

Id agree with two of those. One isn't in the Hibs folklore.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Remember what happened before fenlon left. You want to experience a protest again with more anger directed at you? No, well win...

Phil D. Rolls
19-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Do you lot want a fish supper?

If you win next week you'll get something nice off the van.

Youre only playing if you've got the right shorts and socks.

I want to see more of you with polished shoes. Some of you aren't even wearing blazers.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure that anything would help this current group of players.
There has to be something , surely we can't go another four games without scoring a goal .when he first came in and had us playing a pressing game higher up pitch and players were shooting on sight ,how did he get them to do that as that's what we need to go back to ,.but players were motivated to impress new manager at that point and he was talking them up ,that's what's changed and that has to be down to the management team What other explanation can their logically be

Sir David Gray
19-04-2014, 10:59 PM
There has to be something , surely we can't go another four games without scoring a goal .when he first came in and had us playing a pressing game higher up pitch and players were shooting on sight ,how did he get them to do that as that's what we need to go back to ,.but players were motivated to impress new manager at that point and he was talking them up ,that's what's changed and that has to be down to the management team What other explanation can their logically be

I wouldn't go putting money on that.

Wighty76
19-04-2014, 11:05 PM

Just a guess but maybe he already has and TB and MM didn't like it. We are in charge or words to that effect. Hence the friction between them.

Who knows WTF is going on.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Send malpas in on his own and get him to say "guys I've put all my money on you not scoring and winning any of these remaining games. What you going to do about it?" Scaredy cats...:na na:

#2 Double Tap
19-04-2014, 11:06 PM
players: can you really accept that embarrassment on your cv - manager;- HOWD YOU LEAD ENGLAND OUT??

gegs70
19-04-2014, 11:26 PM
It should be enough that they may lose their jobs!!

Amit
20-04-2014, 12:05 AM
I would say f all. If you can't get yourself motivated for a Derby then don't bother coming in this week you shower of *****!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil D. Rolls
20-04-2014, 12:06 AM
I would say f all. If you can't get yourself motivated for a Derby then don't bother coming in this week you shower of *****!

Might cause selection problems.

Amit
20-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Might cause selection problems.

True! I'd rather we gave them a default 3-0 win than turn up and be embarrassed by the current set of importers we call a football team!

Players can move on at the end of the season, unfortunately we are stuck with Hibs!

joe t
20-04-2014, 12:30 AM
It should be enough that they may lose their jobs!!

Never mind that. It should be enough that this is another derby. Not a relegation tie. Not a top six decider. Not a euro play off.

A derby.

This fact alone should have every member of our squad prepared to run through brick walls for whatever the number of minutes they have on the pitch. It is this lack of approach to this game that has left us wanting this season.

Despite recent results, here are the facts

They are not a better team than us
If each player plays to their ability, we are better than them

I sometimes wish I could actually get these words printed out large font on wood and smack our players over the head with it.

There are very few pro players who genuinely feel the passion and desire that we, the fans, actually feel. This is where the disconnect lies. It's their job. They've been in the 'system' since they were 13.

My only aim for next sun is a win. Theirs is how to balance their monthly salary win bonuses with their direct debits, together with all the other that goes along with anyone's everyday life. All I want is for them - for one game- to put that to the side and run themselves into the ground for one solitary win. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to be a win.

They can think TB is a
They can laugh at the training sessions at east mains if they like.

I really don't give a

What they can't do is show an indifference to playing for a team that means so much to so many fans. A team that most of us would genuinely give our left baw to play for once in our life.

If we lose next week, then so be it. It's happened before and it will happen again. But we can't go down again so timidly as we have this season already. Every man needs to better his opposite. We need to be in the refs face about every 50/50 decision against us, even every 25/75 decision. We can't get sidetracked by either taking the lead or going behind - all we need to focus on is winning.

I realise I'm slavering a bit now, but I really wish I could take even 10% of the hurt and disappointment I'm feeling after today and tramline it straight into the veins of our 1st team squad.

I've just had 2 hrs of some jambo twat bending my ear in the raeburn hotel about hibs 'bending over' to his team and it's frankly embarrassing. He knows that his teams mentality for these games is right, and that ours isn't. As much as jamie hamill is a ******ed jakeball and that Ryan Stevenson is on an ayrshire special needs day pass, they will both end up bullying our powder puff players.

This needs to stop.

If we go one up, we bury them 4 nil
If we go one down, we're level by half time and bossing the second half.

If any of the hibs squad do actually take the time to read .net, please give some attention to this post. It's not put up for a laugh. It's put up because I really love what you represent, and because I think you owe me something next Sunday.

Slaver over.

the hearts
7 nil

matty_f
20-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Never mind that. It should be enough that this is another derby. Not a relegation tie. Not a top six decider. Not a euro play off.

A derby.

This fact alone should have every member of our squad prepared to run through brick walls for whatever the number of minutes they have on the pitch. It is this lack of approach to this game that has left us wanting this season.

I sometimes wish I could actually get these words printed out large font on wood and smack our players over the head with it.

There are very few pro players who genuinely feel the passion and desire that we, the fans, actually feel. This is where the disconnect lies. It's their job. They've been in the 'system' since they were 13.

My only aim for next sun is a win. Theirs is how to balance their monthly salary win bonuses with their direct debits, together with all the other that goes along with anyone's everyday life. All I want is for them - for one game- to put that to the side and run themselves into the ground for one solitary win. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to be a win.

They can think TB is a

I really don't give a

What they can't do is show an indifference to playing for a team that means so much to so many fans. A team that most of us would genuinely give our left baw to play for once in our life.

If we lose next week, then so be it. It's happened before and it will happen again. But we can't go down again so timidly as we have this season already. Every man needs to better his opposite. We need to be in the refs face about every 50/50 decision against us, even every 25/75 decision. We can't get sidetracked by either taking the lead or going behind - all we need to focus on is winning.

I realise I'm slavering a bit now, but I really wish I could take even 10% of the hurt and disappointment I'm feeling after today and tramline it straight into the veins of our 1st team squad.

I've just had 2 hrs of some jambo twat bending my ear in the raeburn hotel about hibs 'bending over' to his team and it's frankly embarrassing. He knows that his teams mentality for these games is right, and that ours isn't. As much as jamie hamill is a ******ed jakeball and that Ryan Stevenson is on a fife special needs day pass, they will both end up bullying our powder puff players.

This needs to stop.

If any of the hibs squad do actually take the time to read .net, please give some attention to this post. It's not put up for a laugh. It's put up because I really love what you represent, and because I think you owe me something next Sunday.

Slaver over.

the hearts
7 nil

:top marks

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 01:03 AM
I'd ask every single one of them why they think they deserve their staring positions and wages. Then ask them to explain what playing for hibs means to them.

Moon unit
20-04-2014, 07:06 AM
"Listen guys, take the whole week off, cause everything we are practicing in training is making **** all difference"..!

andy1875
20-04-2014, 07:32 AM
If i remember correctly the players watched video clips of messages from supporters leading upto that final against Hearts. Made no difference.

As Thommo aluded to yesterday, if a Hibs player can't get himself 110% motivated for a derby game then he shouldn't be at the club.

It's all about the players now. End of.

Springbank
20-04-2014, 07:58 AM

A derby.

They can think TB is a .

I really don't give a

I've just had 2 hrs of some jambo twat bending my ear in the raeburn hotel about hibs 'bending over' to his team and it's frankly embarrassing. He knows that his teams mentality for these games is right, and that ours isn't. As much as jamie hamill is a ******ed jakeball and that Ryan Stevenson is on an ayrshire special needs day pass, they will both end up bullying our powder puff players.

This needs to stop.

Slaver over.

the hearts
7 nil

I'd read this...
...then I'd tell them this is the reason none of them deserve a jersey again...
...and I'd play the u20 team this derby

Announce it on the Thursday and watch the Hibs stands sell out
Let's get passion, commitment and pace

Let the current lot have next Sunday off so they can bevy on Saturday night
It's all they are good at

bobbyhibs1983
20-04-2014, 08:41 AM

as you and joe t have both sorta said about getting motivated for a derby but my thinng would be do the players see it as a derby or just another game?

as i said on a post after the last derby we could have played for another hour and not scored.bottle line is we have a lack of guts and a lack of bottle.

The poster who started the thread has asked a simple question.now what would i say to them.i would get them in the day before the derby, every single player i d sit them down, and say "right lads.95% of football people/fans/pundits,(whoever) think you are a bunch of losers, anyone agree with that please stand and leave,Now everyone who has stayed i ve put everyones wages on us beating them, you dont win, you dont get paid simple as that, you dont turn up and beat that lot from gorgie then dont come in again and your contract is ripped up"
"but if you do win its triple your money time, "

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Would mentioning that it's a Derby make any difference to this bunch of players, only a couple of them know what it means!

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2014, 11:01 AM

I would get three or four fans from young to old in to just speak with them and not lecture them but let them realise what it means to support hibs

Nailrod
20-04-2014, 12:35 PM
I hate to interfere with the spirit of unreality that permeates so many posts on this thread, but the simple fact is that in continuation of a strategy that has applied for much of the past seven years, most of our first team arrived yesterday and will be gone tomorrow. Why would they give a tinkers about a derby?

heretoday
20-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Tell them they'll never work in football again unless they go out and win.

TheMentalHibees
24-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Score a goal you shiftless *******s.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Right, forget the liberal nice guy Hibby stuff, it's time to get Stalinist when the Red Army met the Nazi invasion: anyone who doesn't do his duty will be shot on the spot.

That should motivate them :-D

JimBHibees
24-04-2014, 10:37 AM

Hard done too mothers and broken glass being prominent. :greengrin

JimBHibees
24-04-2014, 10:47 AM
as you and joe t have both sorta said about getting motivated for a derby but my thinng would be do the players see it as a derby or just another game?

as i said on a post after the last derby we could have played for another hour and not scored.bottle line is we have a lack of guts and a lack of bottle.

The poster who started the thread has asked a simple question.now what would i say to them.i would get them in the day before the derby, every single player i d sit them down, and say "right lads.95% of football people/fans/pundits,(whoever) think you are a bunch of losers, anyone agree with that please stand and leave,Now everyone who has stayed i ve put everyones wages on us beating them, you dont win, you dont get paid simple as that, you dont turn up and beat that lot from gorgie then dont come in again and your contract is ripped up"
"but if you do win its triple your money time, "

We did score in the last derby though a perfectly good goal scandalously chalked off. That is by the by now though it has IMO had a big influence on the games after it.

The bottom line though is that everyone at the club including the fans need to man up for this game and produce a performance in fitting with exactly how important this game actually is.

bobbyhibs1983
24-04-2014, 10:59 AM
We did score in the last derby though a perfectly good goal scandalously chalked off. That is by the by now though it has IMO had a big influence on the games after it.

The bottom line though is that everyone at the club including the fans need to man up for this game and produce a performance in fitting with exactly how important this game actually is.

You are right of course, but it did not count as it was wrongly chopped off for offside.Now i dont mean to be a negitive, but in that game, how many attemts at goal did we have , 3? on target? prob that offside goal, which was arounf the 80th minute Now since them how many goals have we scored?, im sure we can count on BOTH hands the amount of shots ON TARGET we have.bottom line is if you dont shot you dont score.
But i do agree with you in respect of your last paragraph.Problem is we dont have many players who are man enough to man up. we have a manager who you would tihnk would sort it out, i wait and see

JimBHibees
24-04-2014, 11:03 AM
You are right of course, but it did not count as it was wrongly chopped off for offside.Now i dont mean to be a negitive, but in that game, how many attemts at goal did we have , 3? on target? prob that offside goal, which was arounf the 80th minute Now since them how many goals have we scored?, im sure we can count on BOTH hands the amount of shots ON TARGET we have.bottom line is if you dont shot you dont score.
But i do agree with you in respect of your last paragraph.Problem is we dont have many players who are man enough to man up. we have a manager who you would tihnk would sort it out, i wait and see

Agree we are creating nothing much however we do have players that can create. I would start with Cummings up front with Stanton playing off him and Watmore wide on one side and Craig wide on the other, where IMO I think he is best suited, he isnt a playmaker or sitting midfielder. All of these players can score goals.

Keith_M
24-04-2014, 11:16 AM
I don't think it would be a good idea to let me address the squad in person.

Put it this way, there would suddenly be a lot more of them on the injury list!

bobbyhibs1983
24-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Agree we are creating nothing much however we do have players that can create. I would start with Cummings up front with Stanton playing off him and Watmore wide on one side and Craig wide on the other, where IMO I think he is best suited, he isnt a playmaker or sitting midfielder. All of these players can score goals.

lets hope we do sometihng cos i jsut cant think of going into work on monday with the yam fans with smirks on there faces, shilvers at the thought

Waxy
24-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Sadly i don't think half them care a jot so you could address them any way you want, it wouldn't make a difference. I hope i'm wrong but i can't see another reason why these players are performing way below the level they're getting paid at.
Hopefully the players who do care about the club and it's supporters can manage to do enough to get us some kind of positive result.

Tha Cabbage Kid
24-04-2014, 11:35 AM
What about donation the whole of this seasons pay

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

AndySOL1875
24-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Got it. OK boys we've placed a bet on us winning this derby. Now get out there and win this. Oh before I forget the money used for the bet was your wages for the rest of the season. If you win you get the winnings. If not, no pay.

This could work! :agree:

Paloschi
24-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Not to quote song lyrics or anything but this is frighteningly accurate.

There are many among us
And we're changing all the time
(Changing Managers/players/team selections)

Maybe the same old fears
(fear of losing/not turning up in a derby)

What have we here?
Don't bring me down

With you (being Hearts)

Foxes - Youth