PDA

View Full Version : Thommo interview

DTS
19-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Has anybody got link to his after match interview?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Has anybody got link to his after match interview?

This? http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9274160/scottish-premiership-kevin-thomson-unhappy-after-hibs-lose-to-st-mirren

matty_f
19-04-2014, 10:01 PM
This? http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9274160/scottish-premiership-kevin-thomson-unhappy-after-hibs-lose-to-st-mirren

Good comments from Thomson there.:agree:

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Got to star the derby. At least we will get a bit of grit and work ethic. Just the other 10 positions to sort out

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Promote 5 of the U20's and give Kevin the armband for the last 4 games - and tell him Monday, 'you're the captain', galvanise this team.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2014, 10:06 PM
He seems to get it.

In fairness much of what Butcher said after the game was right as well and he sounded genuinely upset about what is happening.

Whilst they obviously have to give interviews I just wish we could see some action backing up the words.

bawheid
19-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Good quotes from Thomson. If he can help drag us out of this mess he'll go some way to redeeming himself in what's been a below average second spell at the club.

rcarter1
19-04-2014, 10:17 PM
If he can help us through this season, then its job done and clean slate. Thommo is miles better than most at the club, my only concern is that sometimes he seems to stroll games, when an extra gear could really help us out. Like his comments about the derby.

Mr Butcher: if you are unclear as to who to play next weekend, just pick the players who fight hardest regardless of age/experience. A little belief is all thats required here, Hearts are still a marginal team and are there to be beaten.

Bronson
19-04-2014, 10:18 PM
I still think Thomson should be club captain, head and shoulders above everyone else in the team and a real leader. We have a great asset and we've wasted it IMO, can't see him sticking around next season even if he was offered a new deal.

jeffers
19-04-2014, 10:20 PM
I still think Thomson should be club captain, head and shoulders above everyone else in the team and a real leader. We have a great asset and we've wasted it IMO, can't see him sticking around next season even if he was offered a new deal.

Agree with every word.

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2014, 10:21 PM

He wants to stay - from what I heard he's been asking for a new deal.

Bronson
19-04-2014, 10:23 PM

If your source is good, this is reason for optimism. Where did you hear that?

Golden Bear
19-04-2014, 10:33 PM

I hope he gets it and the talk of a move to Dundee United prove to be false.

Wighty76
19-04-2014, 11:01 PM
If your source is good, this is reason for optimism. Where did you hear that?

Reason for optimism Indeed bronson. I recon KT will be key these next few games. If anyone can get the players to get their fingers out and turn this around at the 11th hour it's him. We are fast running out of time and options.

Phil D. Rolls
19-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Reason for optimism Indeed bronson. I recon KT will be key these next few games. If anyone can get the players to get their fingers out and turn this around at the 11th hour it's him. We are fast running out of time and options.

It was Darren Jackson that saved us last time. Thomoo has what it takes to do the same.

Ive always seen him as an honest player. He can also play football. Making him captain, plus youngsters that will respond is a good plan, IMO.

Wighty76
19-04-2014, 11:14 PM
It was Darren Jackson that saved us last time. Thomoo has what it takes to do the same.

Ive always seen him as an honest player. He can also play football. Making him captain, plus youngsters that will respond is a good plan, IMO.

It's a good a plan as any ATM. What better an incentive to the youngsters than to start on Sunday with a chance to beat, or at least compete against hearts, and help keep us up?

If it doesn't work out I doubt it would be from lack of effort and drive.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Your forgetting T B if true to form will drop him for next game KT made difference at Tynie in second half but then got dropped for next game No Rhyme or Reason at times to T Bs selections which worries me going into four crucial games needing to win at least one as goal difference is being eroded so quickly i

The Green Goblin
19-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Hope he stays. We can ill afford to lose any player with talent and experience these days.

J-C
19-04-2014, 11:42 PM
You now wonder if Butcher is beginning to realise he got it all very wrong with Thomson when he first came in, he allowed a little training ground tiff to get way over the top and clouded his judgement. He should've made Thomson captain and therein got the rest of the team on his side, instead he alienated him and a good few others until nearly all the squad can't stand TB or Malpas, hopefully Butcher will allow Thomson more say and maybe get the team back on track.

Billychaotic182
19-04-2014, 11:48 PM

My boss seems to think he has already signed for Dundee utd

Amit
19-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Apparently KT was geeing the players up on the pitch before the 2nd half kick off. Him and Forster. The admiral.... Well I think we'll just call him Nelson from now on. Shouldn't have the armband at all. Captain for next season should be Scott Robertson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wighty76
19-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Your forgetting T B if true to form will drop him for next game KT made difference at Tynie in second half but then got dropped for next game No Rhyme or Reason at times to T Bs selections which worries me going into four crucial games needing to win at least one as goal difference is being eroded so quickly i

Thats a possibility Ron. There's no denying his team selections have been odd to say the least. I have been living in hope that the next game will be the one to that turns us around and saves our season. That hope is slowly but surely dying a death. Will he stick with KT? Make him captain? Play youth? With our loss today I hope he pulls something out of the bag. Anything.

SMAXXA
20-04-2014, 08:22 AM
My boss seems to think he has already signed for Dundee utd

Theres no truth in the Dundee UTD think, defo not signed and not even been discussed

Mr White
20-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Theres no truth in the Dundee UTD think, defo not signed and not even been discussed

Do you think he might be with us next season?

Ronaldo9
20-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Thommo wants to stay. He would finish his career here of offered the chance. He's turned down a couple of moves elsewhere already as he is happy at hibs. Sadly, thanks to our dear leader Mr Butcher he won't be a hibs player next season. Oh and one of the clubs who have offered him a deal are THEM!! He said no tho!

SMAXXA
20-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Thommo wants to stay. He would finish his career here of offered the chance. He's turned down a couple of moves elsewhere already as he is happy at hibs. Sadly, thanks to our dear leader Mr Butcher he won't be a hibs player next season. Oh and one of the clubs who have offered him a deal are THEM!! He said no tho!

No they've not and no he hasn't

SMAXXA
20-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Do you think he might be with us next season?

I don't think so no, he would love to stay though as he doesn't want to go anywhere but it won't be his decision unfortunatly.

Mr White
20-04-2014, 08:46 AM
I don't think so no, he would love to stay though as he doesn't want to go anywhere but it won't be his decision unfortunatly.

:aok: I hope he keeps his place next week. Not many of them care as much as he does.

banarc7062
20-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Promote 5 of the U20's and give Kevin the armband for the last 4 games - and tell him Monday, 'you're the captain', galvanise this team.
I would go with that and let the "Judas" players who are picking up a wage on false pretences get up the road to the dole office. Certain players know they are finished at Easter Road but instead of putting themselves in the shop window for new clubs to be tempted to take them on board hide during matches and sulk....."why should we play for him (Butcher), he is not interested in us". Bring in the young player now.:flag:

Carheenlea
20-04-2014, 09:06 AM

Tells us more about the clowns that occupy the managerial posts.

Stantons Angel
20-04-2014, 09:09 AM

im just as fed up with the way things are going with Hibs as anyone else and like you truly believe that Thomson DID make that difference when he came on at the Pink Bus Shelter.

Whether this is a personal thing from the manager to player does not really matter in the state we are in! we need players of Thomson's caliber in there fighting for Hibs as we know he will do.

If things go true to form and he is dropped to the bench again any (if any) respect i have for the manager will be lost!

This lad is a Hibs supporter, he grew up at the club, played in our "Golden Generation" (and yes left us under a cloud ) He has taken a cut in wages to stay here and thought he would be given a chance to prove himself and help the youngsters along. Butcher came along and obviously doesnt rate him and doesnt play him.

The loan players he has brought in have, to me, shown me nothing to write home about yet he keeps Thomson on the bench? Granted he has been injured but he's fit now and we need football players, players who can use the ball and have vision, who can make things happen!!! Surely he cant drop him to the bench AGAIN!

lucky
20-04-2014, 09:21 AM
KT is the best player at ER and played well yesterday after Goodwin was sent off. But I doubt he will be at ER next year cos TB likes to play hoofball