PDA

View Full Version : Keep Calm

Expecting Rain
19-04-2014, 09:45 PM
The best team in the bottom 6 are out of the way.

Flanny boy
19-04-2014, 10:00 PM
But sadly hibs are the worst team in the bottom six :rolleyes:

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't believe they are the best team in the bottom six, I think St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle are all around the same standard.

The problem is with these three teams they have goalscorers. Killie have Boyd, St Mirren have Thompson and Thistle have Taylor. Thistle and Killie have also got some pacey tricky wide players.

We have pretty much got neither, and the press are completely on our backs because we are the headline making story. Lots of pressure on us.

Its up to us and Ross County for the playoff spot looking at the teams.

hibbydog
19-04-2014, 10:05 PM

Admirable optimism.....but

We're rubber ducked. We look like we could play for hours and not score. Actually, we have played for hours and not scored. When was the last
Goal?

There is Nothing positive to say about this team or our current run of form.

Bronson
19-04-2014, 10:15 PM
I have to agree although Killie and Partick are a similar standard. Ross County have been my pick to finish 11th all season, away to Dingwall is a big game just a shame it's on a Wednesday night, talk about putting the fans first...

Expecting Rain
20-04-2014, 03:20 PM
We will see with the final placings, St Mitten or Hibs will be 6th and Hearts will be 12th!

Hibercelona
20-04-2014, 03:42 PM
All of the other teams in the bottom 6 no doubt have weaknesses in key areas.

But sadly, we're weak in all areas. We have no cutting edge and no pace. We're shambolic at the back. We have a midfield that may as well be left out of the formation.

We offer "nothing" in games. Quite literally.

The other teams may be of poor quality, but they'll at least produce something in games.

Spike Mandela
20-04-2014, 04:30 PM
I don't believe they are the best team in the bottom six, I think St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle are all around the same standard.

The problem is with these three teams they have goalscorers. Killie have Boyd, St Mirren have Thompson and Thistle have Taylor. Thistle and Killie have also got some pacey tricky wide players.

We have pretty much got neither, and the press are completely on our backs because we are the headline making story. Lots of pressure on us.

St Mirren might not be the best team in the bottom six but St Mirren away was always the toughest looking fixture imo, on paper at least.

3 home games and an away game at Dingwall to save our skins.

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2014, 05:23 PM

On their day all of the bottom six are capable of winning against us

emerald green
20-04-2014, 06:24 PM
All of the other teams in the bottom 6 no doubt have weaknesses in key areas.

But sadly, we're weak in all areas. We have no cutting edge and no pace. We're shambolic at the back. We have a midfield that may as well be left out of the formation.

We offer "nothing" in games. Quite literally.

The other teams may be of poor quality, but they'll at least produce something in games.

This pretty much sums it up I hate to say. :agree:

emerald green
20-04-2014, 06:28 PM
St Mirren might not be the best team in the bottom six but St Mirren away was always the toughest looking fixture imo, on paper at least.

3 home games and an away game at Dingwall to save our skins.

I have a feeling the toughest game out of the four will be at Ross County. They will be right up for it. Hibs don't appear to have the stomach for a fight. Shame on them, whatever their beef might be with TB/MM. County manager seems to have a grudge against Hibs too.

mca
20-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Keep Calm.. - Why do I get the feeling that Rod - wants us to go down.. Probably the most exciting League in years and probably higher gate receipt's as well :dunno:

Carheenlea
20-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Asking the fans to keep calm in the midst of this crisis is sound advice, but with a derby looming, the ability to keep calm in the stands for such a fixture will be beyond most of us.

If we don`t score the first goal next week, the atmosphere inside Easter Road is going to be poisonous on a scale not seen before, and if we lose, the resulting backlash from the stands could bring down the curtain on Terry Butcher`s wretched tenure.

The stakes are very high next weekend, and there probably won`t be a lot of calmness.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-04-2014, 07:06 PM
The other teams around us, can't wait to play us, as we are such easy touches just now. Not only are we painfully shot-shy, we are walking on to the park with the body language of almost being a goal down before the kick off. When it comes to taking chances, opposition teams know that they only need to score first and score once, and the game is as good as theirs.

Expecting Rain
21-04-2014, 08:41 AM
We need to keep calm and show no fear in our remaining matches, we have some decent players who need to be brave and just as importantly need to be encouraged in their efforts to be the best they can be on the day, they have to affect the game wether things are going for them or not and for those who have taken the huff at being targeted as not good enough........well it is up to them to prove to the present management team or whatever club they are going to that they are decent professionals that have a pride in the job they are asked to do and finally they owe it to the fans who spend their hard earned money in following the team and who have been following the team for years. I`m perfectly calm now.

hibby67
21-04-2014, 09:02 AM

:panic:

HH81
21-04-2014, 09:07 AM

I went to both Killie league games and Hibs were the better side in both. We will beat them.

Saorsa
21-04-2014, 09:09 AM
I went to both Killie league games and Hibs were the better side in both. We will beat them.You obviously havnae seen much/anything since then. I woulndae put money on this lot tae beat the lads having a kickabout doon the links.

Nailrod
21-04-2014, 09:16 AM
We need to keep calm and show no fear in our remaining matches, we have some decent players who need to be brave and just as importantly need to be encouraged in their efforts to be the best they can be on the day, they have to affect the game wether things are going for them or not and for those who have taken the huff at being targeted as not good enough........well it is up to them to prove to the present management team or whatever club they are going to that they are decent professionals that have a pride in the job they are asked to do and finally they owe it to the fans who spend their hard earned money in following the team and who have been following the team for years. I`m perfectly calm now.Get real Jack. Most of these guys gave up the ghost weeks ago. They couldn't care less any more.

Greenworld
21-04-2014, 09:39 AM

Really I would have thought hearts were the in form team...I will
suggest we wont another league match.....but will win the play off

HH81
21-04-2014, 09:46 AM
You obviously havnae seen much/anything since then. I woulndae put money on this lot tae beat the lads having a kickabout doon the links.

It was only end of Feb when we last played them. The players must have one last performance in them before a lot head to the lower leagues.

hibby67
21-04-2014, 09:46 AM
the way i see it we won't/can't keep a clean sheet in any off the remaining matches and i just don't see where we are going to score from unless we get a dodgy pen.....
so it's not a mater of keeping calm it's a matter of relising we are a really poor team and will need 2 big games in the play off

marinello59
21-04-2014, 09:49 AM

We have Cummings. Play him from the start and that lad will score goals, he came close on Saturday. This may not be popular but I reckon him and Collins could prove to be a good pairing. As for tricky wide players we have Watmore and Harris who are both capable of hitting the line and getting a decent cross in.

green day
21-04-2014, 09:52 AM
We have Cummings. Play him from the start and that lad will score goals, he came close on Saturday. This may not be popular but I reckon him and Collins could prove to be a good pairing. As for tricky wide players we have Watmore and Harris who are both capable of hitting the line and getting a decent cross in.

Amen to all of that, IMO that attacking formation is our only hope last 4 games.

Whether TB thinks so is an altogether different matter......

emerald green
21-04-2014, 10:32 AM
It was only end of Feb when we last played them. The players must have one last performance in them before a lot head to the lower leagues.

Sorry, but I don't see any evidence of that.

rcarter1
21-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Amen to all of that, IMO that attacking formation is our only hope last 4 games.

Whether TB thinks so is an altogether different matter......

Amen times two. I hope that TB and MM can put their ideas about the game aside for the moment. We never had the players for their quick counter attacking system. They've made a mess of this, but now it should be only about working with what we have, and please please drop the players that have lost interest. Cummings is on the verge of getting it together, one goal and he could be our source of goals for the rest of the season. Watmore must start surely. The defence is a lost cause at the moment, so goals are a must.