PDA

View Full Version : who would invest? new chairman?

madhatter
19-04-2014, 09:32 PM
who would invest in hibs if Petrie and STF were gone? Who could be the new chairman?

sesoim
20-04-2014, 01:01 AM
who would invest in hibs if Petrie and STF were gone? Who could be the new chairman?

Andy Murray could buy us, and his mum could become chairwomen.

California-Hibs
20-04-2014, 03:04 AM

Actually got carried away abit there thinking about what that would really be like. It would be brilliant! :cb

Moon unit
20-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Irvine Welsh..chief executive
Proclaimers..directors of football
Kirsty Gallagher....Manager...well why not????

Kaiser1962
20-04-2014, 07:25 AM

He could. He wont.

bobbyhibs1983
20-04-2014, 08:28 AM

well i think she d play 2 upfront and have a fantastic chance of scoring most weeks:na na:

madhatter
20-04-2014, 09:28 AM

We need Andy's mum as the manager. She would scare the **** out of me.

rcarter1
20-04-2014, 09:37 AM
well i think she d play 2 upfront and have a fantastic chance of scoring most weeks:na na:

good gracious, does she support Hibs? Im renewing...:agree:

CB_NO3
20-04-2014, 11:49 AM
It does not need a multi millionaire. The club already has a very competitive wage bill by SPL standards. Its also a sefl substainable business that pretty much runs itself. What it needs is an owner or chairman that knows about football. Someone with drive and the attitude to succeed. I bet Farmer ran all his other business adventures very well, so why not Hibs? It does not matter if you own a football club, an airline company or an ice cream van, you still have to run it to the best of your ability to strive for success. Farmer does not do that with Hibs.

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Irvine Welsh..chief executive
Proclaimers..directors of football

This gets my vote,Dougray Scott as well

SaulGoodman
20-04-2014, 12:20 PM
It does not need a multi millionaire. The club already has a very competitive wage bill by SPL standards. Its also a sefl substainable business that pretty much runs itself. What it needs is an owner or chairman that knows about football. Someone with drive and the attitude to succeed. I bet Farmer ran all his other business adventures very well, so why not Hibs? It does not matter if you own a football club, an airline company or an ice cream van, you still have to run it to the best of your ability to strive for success. Farmer does not do that with Hibs.

The problem with Farmer is in all his other businesses "success" is judged by the books, making a profit? Successful business.

Football clubs are different all together

Kaiser1962
20-04-2014, 05:41 PM
The problem with Farmer is in all his other businesses "success" is judged by the books, making a profit? Successful business.

Football clubs are different all together

Yet the most successful football club (in a football sense anyway) is Scottish.

emerald green
20-04-2014, 06:52 PM

:agree: Hibs have been lacking drive, ambition, and leadership (both on and off the pitch) for years. It would not go amiss though if whoever was to take ownership of the club was minted and prepared to invest heavily in the playing squad. Can only dream.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2014, 06:54 PM

One of us if we win the Euro Millions, I can't think of anyone else daft enough.

Kaiser1962
20-04-2014, 06:59 PM
One of us if we win the Euro Millions, I can't think of anyone else daft enough.

Even then it would probably require a subsidy of around £15m - £20m per season to achieve some sort of parity with Celtic (OF?). Wouldn't last long.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Even then it would probably require a subsidy of around £15m - £20m per season to achieve some sort of parity with Celtic (OF?). Wouldn't last long.

Not bothered about parity with old firm, parity on the pitch with the top 6 would do!

madhatter
20-04-2014, 07:01 PM

True, I always thought a random billionaire or even millionaire would give a Scottish team a punt mainly due to the fact at the moment, they could pump in about 3- 5 million on decent players, challenge for the league, qualify for champions league/europa league on regular basis and get idolisation - On top of that, if they owned a company, they could splatter it on the team's shirts, stadium and so on...

Why they bother pumping billions into English football when they have a much cheaper alternative in Scotland is beyond me...Did they suddenly forget how to be stingy?

Michael
20-04-2014, 07:30 PM
If Rangers (and Hearts) can't find anyone with money to take control, then we can't really expect to either.

But, we don't really need much investment (in theory)...just look at Motherwell, Inverness etc.

If we did bring in a new chairman with 'Ambition' and 'Drive' (and no money)...it's difficult to see how 'ambition' and 'drive' would necessarily translate into results. There's no reason to expect that we'd perform (on average) any better than we have done over the past 15 years.

bobbyhibs1983
20-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Why they bother pumping billions into English football when they have a much cheaper alternative in Scotland is beyond me...Did they suddenly forget how to be stingy?

Imo i think its down to returns.If as you said someone pumped 3-5million in us, they would see little returns whilst, if they pumped say £200million into an epl team, they d prob be getting a 1/4 return for the first season alone,if the team got into europe,more returns, and i guess if they did the shirts n stuff with there own company, more tv exposer and stuff(money there too?)

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 06:20 AM
True, I always thought a random billionaire or even millionaire would give a Scottish team a punt mainly due to the fact at the moment, they could pump in about 3- 5 million on decent players, challenge for the league, qualify for champions league/europa league on regular basis and get idolisation - On top of that, if they owned a company, they could splatter it on the team's shirts, stadium and so on...

Do you think 3m-5m would let a team challenge for the league? Is that per season or overall?

Gingertosser
21-04-2014, 08:35 AM
I heard a rumour at the weekend about a consortium taking over from Farmer, announcement supposed to be in a fortnight, could be all pish, but anyone else heard similar :lips seal

emerald green
21-04-2014, 11:00 AM
If Rangers (and Hearts) can't find anyone with money to take control, then we can't really expect to either.

But, we don't really need much investment (in theory)...just look at Motherwell, Inverness etc.

If we did bring in a new chairman with 'Ambition' and 'Drive' (and no money)...it's difficult to see how 'ambition' and 'drive' would necessarily translate into results. There's no reason to expect that we'd perform (on average) any better than we have done over the past 15 years.

Well, no "ambition" and no "drive" is translating into flirting with relegation almost every downright awful season, and an absolutely p*** poor team letting us down week after week. A change of ownership and direction for our club is desperately needed. Surely it can't get any worse? Or are we all happy with things as they are? It goes without saying that the custodians of the club must be very careful were a change of ownership ever to be proposed. Just look at HOMFC(IA).

LancsHibs
21-04-2014, 11:05 AM
If I was to win the Euromillions I would be taking over and we would be champions:greengrin

silverhibee
21-04-2014, 02:03 PM
If i was to win euro millions i would pay for the heli-pad at ER.

Squealing pig
21-04-2014, 04:44 PM
If I won the euro millions I'd watch hibs from a great distance prob Cyprus or USA

Smartie
22-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Somebody made a great point on (I think) The The Rangers meltdown thread regarding the definition of "investment" as being someone who puts money in in order to regain that money + a profit.

Is that REALLY what we need? The huns got that and look at the state they're in with a succession of odious characters helping themselves to dosh ploughed into that club by the fans.

It would certainly be nice if some rich weirdo decided they were going to fire the fruits of their labours into Hibs for no return, or some clown won the lottery and decided that Hibs were the best way to dispose of their income. But lets face it, it's not going to happen. We certainly don't want any "London investor" types sticking in to get their "investment plus profit" back. Where would the profit come from in the Scottish game? David Rowland anyone?

The problem at Hibs isn't (and never has been) about the money that we've not spent. It's about what we have spent and how it's been spent. Unfortunately we have pissed away the finest "head-start" we could ever hope to achieve during the era without Rangers and Hearts in the top flight with the financial situation we managed to create after selling off the "golden generation". And then flogging all income gained from the extra season tickets sold and the revenue gained through the cup runs in the past 2 years.

Nah, we have to live within our means and start first of all by competing on the park with clubs like Motherwell and St Johnstone who in spite of having significantly less resources than us have managed to repeatedly rebuild their teams (and management teams) and keep them in the higher echelons of the SPFL. That means backing managers through rough patches, letting them sign their first-choice signings and not blaming them when things go wrong, punting them and going through the expensive cycle of paying off successive management teams and the players they sign.

We don't want any of the cash we as fans put in disappearing into the pockets of "investors".

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Somebody made a great point on (I think) The The Rangers meltdown thread regarding the definition of "investment" as being someone who puts money in in order to regain that money + a profit.

Is that REALLY what we need? The huns got that and look at the state they're in with a succession of odious characters helping themselves to dosh ploughed into that club by the fans.

It would certainly be nice if some rich weirdo decided they were going to fire the fruits of their labours into Hibs for no return, or some clown won the lottery and decided that Hibs were the best way to dispose of their income. But lets face it, it's not going to happen. We certainly don't want any "London investor" types sticking in to get their "investment plus profit" back. Where would the profit come from in the Scottish game? David Rowland anyone?

The problem at Hibs isn't (and never has been) about the money that we've not spent. It's about what we have spent and how it's been spent. Unfortunately we have pissed away the finest "head-start" we could ever hope to achieve during the era without Rangers and Hearts in the top flight with the financial situation we managed to create after selling off the "golden generation". And then flogging all income gained from the extra season tickets sold and the revenue gained through the cup runs in the past 2 years.

Nah, we have to live within our means and start first of all by competing on the park with clubs like Motherwell and St Johnstone who in spite of having significantly less resources than us have managed to repeatedly rebuild their teams (and management teams) and keep them in the higher echelons of the SPFL. That means backing managers through rough patches, letting them sign their first-choice signings and not blaming them when things go wrong, punting them and going through the expensive cycle of paying off successive management teams and the players they sign.

We don't want any of the cash we as fans put in disappearing into the pockets of "investors".
Good post but the question then is why haven't we been able to do what Motherwell and st Johnstone have done.There has to be a reason and the board don't seem to have been able to work that out and change it ,hence we are making it easier for them to be top six teams while we are bottom six .
Something has to change

Hibbyradge
22-04-2014, 07:36 AM

I wonder if there are many billionaires who would spend £5m so that some people they've never met might like them?

I doubt that the prospect of being idolised by strangers would motivate many people to do anything, never mind throw their money at an ailing Scottish Football team.

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 07:52 AM
I wonder if there are many billionaires who would spend £5m so that some people they've never met might like them?

I doubt that the prospect of being idolised by strangers would motivate many people to do anything, never mind throw their money at an ailing Scottish Football team.

:agree:

There's a reason they are billionaires in the first place.

TrinityHibs
22-04-2014, 08:10 AM

If you are not a multi millionaire how are you going to buy out STF and RP. I'm sure last year the net assets of Hibs were £13.5M so its hard to see the owners giving that away for nothing. Can any of you financial guys put a value on Hibs as a trading business?

CropleyWasGod
22-04-2014, 08:15 AM
I heard a rumour at the weekend about a consortium taking over from Farmer, announcement supposed to be in a fortnight, could be all pish, but anyone else heard similar :lips seal

The Retro guys doing another marketing campaign?

CropleyWasGod
22-04-2014, 08:18 AM
If you are not a multi millionaire how are you going to buy out STF and RP. I'm sure last year the net assets of Hibs were £13.5M so its hard to see the owners giving that away for nothing. Can any of you financial guys put a value on Hibs as a trading business?

In classic valuation terms, Hibs are probably worth more on a "break-up" basis than as a going concern. That's why people don't get involved with football teams, in the main, for a financial return.

greenpaper55
22-04-2014, 08:52 AM
How much is petrie worth in Hibs terms, did he not buy 10% of Hibs shares many years ago ?. Nice deal he has done as all the new stands and training ground has been paid by US and his stock rises and he gets a salary as well !, no wonder he clings to power with mugs like us that increases his holding while making a complete f*** up of the football side.

22-04-2014, 09:39 AM

I'm no financial guy but football clubs and businesses are opposites when it comes to valuation. A mate is currently selling his business and the valuation is several times more than the assets of the business. Why? Because they have come to a valuation of the company as a going concern based on the potential for making money. His company has traded profitably for the 15 years he's been running it and the value has been based on his actual and projected order book for the coming years and the historical data on how he's done over that period. Football Clubs on the other hand do not sell for their asset value. Mainly because they don't make a profit and the market is volatile. Hearts have effectively been sold for £2.5m plus some existing football debt (so circa £3m) and the liquidated Rangers from memory was £5.5m (with assets that included Ibrox and Murray Park) - so forget £13.5m being the price tag for Hibs. The only person who knows what the value that would be acceptable is STF himself. Whenever I've heard him speak he's always said the Club is for sale to someone who would take the Club forward and until then he's there for the Club. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a Q forming outside his office..................Now where did I put that Euromillions form!!

Alex Trager
22-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Hopefully a minted Arab comes along and allows us some plastic success but nothing that will kill the club. I would not mind that for five or six seasons.
I imagine there are others that disagree though.

The prospect excites me personally. We are a decent sized club with the only thing missing being a decent team. I reckon Butcher etc are the final piece we've been waiting for- however lacklustre their recent performances have been- and all we would need would be investment in the squad.
Obviously the exposure is not EPL like, however if we got a winning team on the park challenging and beating the uglies we could pump the euro coefficient up along with Celtic meaning we could eventually better the leagues standings in they terms. Continued domestic challenging would make it a more exciting league to watch, especially if for example the dons got investment, and we had teams really pushing in Europe. Imagine we were hearing the champs league anthem at ER.
One can dream.

I reckon if one were to invest up here and allow us a platform to challenge Celtic seriously, player wise, they could attract more. There are a few clubs up here waiting for such investment, we are probably the best positioned one, infrastructure and training ground already in place

CropleyWasGod
22-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Hopefully a minted Arab comes along and allows us some plastic success but nothing that will kill the club. I would not mind that for five or six seasons.
I imagine there are others that disagree though.

The prospect excites me personally. We are a decent sized club with the only thing missing being a decent team. I reckon Butcher etc are the final piece we've been waiting for- however lacklustre their recent performances have been- and all we would need would be investment in the squad.
Obviously the exposure is not EPL like, however if we got a winning team on the park challenging and beating the uglies we could pump the euro coefficient up along with Celtic meaning we could eventually better the leagues standings in they terms. Continued domestic challenging would make it a more exciting league to watch, especially if for example the dons got investment, and we had teams really pushing in Europe. Imagine we were hearing the champs league anthem at ER.
One can dream.

I reckon if one were to invest up here and allow us a platform to challenge Celtic seriously, player wise, they could attract more. There are a few clubs up here waiting for such investment, we are probably the best positioned one, infrastructure and training ground already in place

Again that word :wink:

What's the return for the "investor"?

Alex Trager
22-04-2014, 10:11 AM

The return would be pennies. Like anywhere. I don't know what man city returns crepe mansour but it would all be relative.

So we wouldn't need 100s of millions pumped in, merely millions in playing squad. They get a relative return no? Increase interest in the league and the team in particular. With performances in Europe and at home. As I said it's all relative. Small amount of money in = small amount of money back. But I reckon they would get a good return as we are primed and ready to fly

madhatter
22-04-2014, 10:17 AM

A winning team, likely to be playing in Europe and good advertisement for his/her business. In terms of financial return - not much - I maintain they would need to pump in 3-5 million per year to challenge for league (or 2nd place) each year. They may get a return from European venture but nothing that will surpass the money they put in.

Having said that, even in EPL what owner has pumped money in and got the same or more back? None...

The only difference is if a millionaire/billionaire (motivated) took over a Scottish team - and invested millions rather than billions, they can win the league and get guaranteed European football. Look at the debt Man Utd are in and they can't even get top 6...

Also, even with all the money, how have these teams done in Europe? English teams such as Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City have had awful recent records - apart from league, I can't imagine much return at all apart from advertisement...

Man City owners have pumped in an endless amount of cash and they can't even coast to the title...

TrinityHibs
22-04-2014, 10:30 AM

A number of years ago a friend of mine was approached by an ex board member to front up a buy out of STF. He ticked all the boxes in that he was wealthy and a died in the wool Hibby. This was prior to the flats being built behind the East. Even accounting for the potential upside through non football income there was no way that the figures would ever stack. STF was also fully aware of the land values and any offer for the club and land had to meet his expectations. I believe any thought of Hibs, Easter Road and East Mains being sold for £2-5M is well wide of the mark.

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 10:53 AM
A winning team, likely to be playing in Europe and good advertisement for his/her business. In terms of financial return - not much - I maintain they would need to pump in 3-5 million per year to challenge for league (or 2nd place) each year. They may get a return from European venture but nothing that will surpass the money they put in.

Why has nobody thought of that ? Oh wait....

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 10:55 AM
A number of years ago a friend of mine was approached by an ex board member to front up a buy out of STF. He ticked all the boxes in that he was wealthy and a died in the wool Hibby. This was prior to the flats being built behind the East. Even accounting for the potential upside through non football income there was no way that the figures would ever stack. STF was also fully aware of the land values and any offer for the club and land had to meet his expectations. I believe any thought of Hibs, Easter Road and East Mains being sold for £2-5M is well wide of the mark.

Prior to the flats being built the land was not zoned for housing and this was reflected in the land value. Council moved the goalposts after the sale and STF took them to court, only to lose.

Smartie
22-04-2014, 11:02 AM

Easter Road and East Mains you would imagine could fetch a pretty penny if sold although we've seen over the road the challenges and threats that go with potentially separating a football club from it's spiritual home.

I can't see how the "Hibs" part would be worth anything? It's never going to generate a profit because the demand will be that all revenue/profit generated is ploughed into the playing side. Why would anyone buy that?

Surely the only people prepared to get involved in owning Scottish football clubs will be those who have a few quid and either through the love of the club (Eddie Thomson etc) or the community (STF) see fit to give backing in terms of time, business knowhow and a cash "donation" rather than "investment". Or maybe even a bit of credibility in securing credit elsewhere (as I believe STF's relationship with the Bank of Scotland did for us).

I can't see that it would be worth more than a couple of million to anyone - which is why anyone thinks that it is remotely likely (or desirable) that STF would sell up would be much mistaken. Rather than change the owner we need to do all in our power to change the way that the owner runs the club.

happiehibbie
22-04-2014, 11:11 AM
unfortunitly Football is not a business to make money from its a HOBBY !! I recon that any football club onwer would sell if they had an offer

As For Hibs this is our issue what is STF exit plan !! he is getting old RP will eventually get fed up with the abuse from fans but he is STF puppet

I do not see any person investing in football until some kind of return can be gained from the money put in

As previously said if someone was lucky enough to win the Lotto and fancied a pop could be our best plan.

Apart from Celtic and Rangers no other team is worth investing in

smurf
22-04-2014, 11:55 AM

Proof that STF chooses to still be owner....

Lago
22-04-2014, 11:57 AM
There is no money in Scottish football. There is no profile of Scottish football outside Scotland. Even Celtic and Rangers barely register in the far east etc. Therefore it is highly unlikely anyone will invest in Hibs or any Scottish club out with the old firm and even they are struggling in comparison to clubs down south.
Just a fact of economic life I'm afraid.

IWasThere2016
22-04-2014, 12:08 PM

That's really intersting, I was approached a few years back by an Edinburgh-based lawyer (stays in Trinity oddly enough) to be involved - as a fan (not investor) with a group looking at Hibs. I was asked to invite 2 other fans but even before I asked around, it didn't get off the blocks. The lawyer would not tell me who was involved. I did wonder if the lawyer's firm had been had..

jgl07
22-04-2014, 12:28 PM

For starters the English Premier League attracts enough income to be of interest to money men. The SPFL does not. The profile is too low. The only clubs that might be of interest are Celtic and The Rangers.

Secondly pumping £3 to £5 million would go nowhere and would certainly not enable a league challenge to be made. It would certainly not go anywhere near the Champions League and would probably not get beyond the play-off round in the Europa League.

To spend the sort of money that would push a club like Hibs into contention with Celtic would almost certainly run foul of Financial Fair Play rules and would result in a ban from UEFA competitions.

Hearts pumped around £70 million over the years. It got them two Cups, administration, and relegation. Livingston went down that path and won one League Cup, at the expense of two administrations and being bust to the bottom division. Motherwell tried and ended in administration. Dundee have been there twice and have yet to recover from the second one.

number 27
22-04-2014, 12:46 PM
It seems strange to me that even in our current predicament nobody seems to be talking about possible fan ownership. Is that because it is tainted by association with the poppy thieves?

Surely if STF is serious about selling or establishing some kind of succession we could be having talks now about the viability of the scheme. I know there are there those who do not believe it works but I cant understand why we are not at least looking into it, it couldn't leave us worse off than we are now could it?

ekhibee
22-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Well it's a dodgy investment buying a football club IMO, and then finding other sources of revenue to give a constant supply of money towards the team and infrastructure although in Hibs case the latter doesn't apply. 2 things stand out for me to do with Sir Tom Farmer as far as investing in the club are concerned:
1. Straiton. A purpose-built stadium (admittedly sharing with Hearts), land that wouldn't have cost anything, and a large amount of money (circa £20 million?) to spend on the team. The fans voted against it.
2. Brian Kennedy made a well-publiscized bid for Hibs which was knocked back by STF. Interesting that Kennedy, years later, was prepared to invest in Rangers. Make of that as you will.
It's difficult to know what the way forward is for Hibs as far as investment goes; we've been a selling club for a long time now, selling players for big money too, but now the well seems to have dried up because for the most part we just don't have the quality on the park anymore. By the way, I'm not necessarily saying that either of the above options were the right way to go, but it is worth remembering, from that perspective, that STF was a/ prepared to invest, and b/won't just look for an easy way out by selling to the first bidder that comes along. I don't know the answer to our club's situation, but there are people on this thread I'm sure a lot more well-versed in the financial situation of the club than me, and it would be interesting to see what they think.

lucky
22-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Who in their right mind is going to "invest" in Hibs when our own fans are not investing in season tickets.

jeffers
22-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Well it's a dodgy investment buying a football club IMO, and then finding other sources of revenue to give a constant supply of money towards the team and infrastructure although in Hibs case the latter doesn't apply. 2 things stand out for me to do with Sir Tom Farmer as far as investing in the club are concerned:
1. Straiton. A purpose-built stadium (admittedly sharing with Hearts), land that wouldn't have cost anything, and a large amount of money (circa £20 million?) to spend on the team. The fans voted against it.
2. Brian Kennedy made a well-publiscized bid for Hibs which was knocked back by STF. Interesting that Kennedy, years later, was prepared to invest in Rangers. Make of that as you will.
It's difficult to know what the way forward is for Hibs as far as investment goes; we've been a selling club for a long time now, selling players for big money too, but now the well seems to have dried up because for the most part we just don't have the quality on the park anymore. By the way, I'm not necessarily saying that either of the above options were the right way to go, but it is worth remembering, from that perspective, that STF was a/ prepared to invest, and b/won't just look for an easy way out by selling to the first bidder that comes along. I don't know the answer to our club's situation, but there are people on this thread I'm sure a lot more well-versed in the financial situation of the club than me, and it would be interesting to see what they think.

Given what happened to Stockport County that was probably a lucky escape, if he had gained control we might have found ourselves sharing ER with a rugby team.....

Greencore
22-04-2014, 01:40 PM
We could ask this guy?.....

But i think he already invested in Rangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZBPoRwog00

C---- W----

;)

crewetollhibee
22-04-2014, 01:43 PM
We need Andy's mum as the manager. She would scare the **** out of me.

And Margot Wells as fitness coach, what a team that would be.

cad
22-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Given what happened to Stockport County that was probably a lucky escape, if he had gained control we might have found ourselves sharing ER with a rugby team.....

Agree hes defo not the answer

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 04:28 PM
I believe any thought of Hibs, Easter Road and East Mains being sold for £2-5M is well wide of the mark.

I recall a thread a while ago which reckoned that he needed somewhere between £8m and £10m to break even on the deal.

Cropley10
22-04-2014, 04:58 PM
I recall a thread a while ago which reckoned that he needed somewhere between £8m and £10m to break even on the deal.

So STF is only going to sell if he can "break even on the deal"?

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 05:30 PM
So STF is only going to sell if he can "break even on the deal"?

Where did I say that?

Scottie
22-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Mind you Jeffers we might play a bit better with a chewed up rugby pitch. :wink:

Cropley10
22-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Where did I say that?

My mistake. You wrote that you'd read that STF "needed" that figure.

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 07:50 PM
My mistake. You wrote that you'd read that STF "needed" that figure.

As in that would be the figure required should he wish to recover his outlay, not including interest or inflation. I was commenting on another thread that suggested that was how much he was out of pocket from owning the football club.

yekimevol
23-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Ive always had one question about fan ownership, how does it raise more money to the playing squad compared to what goes in now ? fans already buy the tickets tops and then the revenue from the commercial side.

I fail to see how more money gets spent without the team getting into further dept ?

Waxy
23-04-2014, 04:16 PM
If we could get one thousand fans to put in a tenner a month, that could go towards a couple of real good signings. I'd do this.

The Modfather
23-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Who in their right mind is going to "invest" in Hibs when our own fans are not investing in season tickets.

Ah yes, the antithesis to all the posts in various threads moaning about folk adding their negative spin to all things Hibs related. The sly dig at the fans not blindly handing over their money anymore.

The Falcon
23-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Ah yes, the antithesis to all the posts in various threads moaning about folk adding their negative spin to all things Hibs related. The sly dig at the fans not blindly handing over their money anymore.

I don't really get this. No one forces me to pay, blindly or otherwise. If someone doesn't want to pay then fair enough, but I don't really get the constant whining about it.

Eyrie
23-04-2014, 05:50 PM
If we could get one thousand fans to put in a tenner a month, that could go towards a couple of real good signings. I'd do this.

Fortunately there is a way to do this and help deserving kids at the same time (or at least kids deserving to be made to suffer our current performances).

Click here (http://leithlinks4kids.com/) or here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?280410-Kicks-For-Kids-Fundraiser-2014-15-23-Season-Tickets-Bought-So-Far) for more information on how that tenner a month will make a difference.