PDA

View Full Version : Lost die hard fans

Moon unit
19-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Does the club realise that many die hards,who turned up regardless are leaving in their droves!
the club just thought that "it's Hibs, they won't turn their back on Hibs",but more and more guys who I travelled to games with are saying "sorry, You're on your own pal"!
sad times indeed....over to you Rod..!

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Until Rod goes, I'm out - means a change of username as someone pointed out 2 weeks ago but I can handle that. Something like 'feelscheatedwiththepennypinchingboardofhibernian' seems fair to me. :aok:

Onion
19-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Forget the training centre and nice stadium. Petrie's true legacy will be managing out hundreds and thousands of die-hard Hibs fans.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2014, 09:04 PM
There are plenty on this forum alone. No club can afford to lose the bedrock of its support, and it's a dereliction of duty by the board to fail to address this most basic of requirements.

DaveF
19-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Until Rod goes, I'm out - means a change of username as someone pointed out 2 weeks ago but I can handle that. Something like 'feelscheatedwiththepennypinchingboardofhibernian' seems fair to me. :aok:

Genuine question and not intened to come across otherwise, but are you content to sit it out and wait for RP to leave or have you (will you) take any sort of pro-active action to get him out? I'm not suggesting a one man walking placard protest :greengrin but just wondering if you were a silent departure from the ER ranks or a noisy one.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2014, 09:08 PM
I think it's a case of how low can attendances go.

We dropped to 7/8K under Blobby and are hovering around 9k now. I always thought that was us bottoming out but I've been told we played in front of crowds of 3 and 4000 in the 80s. Not sure we will get that low but I don't think 7k is unrelaistic if things don't pick up quickly.

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Does the club realise that many die hards,who turned up regardless are leaving in their droves!
the club just thought that "it's Hibs, they won't turn their back on Hibs",but more and more guys who I travelled to games with are saying "sorry, You're on your own pal"!

and more worryingly...some will never be back

AgentDaleCooper
19-04-2014, 09:15 PM

We dropped to 7/8K under Blobby and are hovering around 9k now. I always thought that was us bottoming out but I've been told we played in front of crowds of 3 and 4000 in the 80s. Not sure we will get that low but I don't think 7k is unrelaistic if things don't pick up quickly.

i remember the celtic game after the 2004 cup final had an attendance of something like 9k, 4k of which were hibs fans - if that had been caley thistle, we'd have been looking at 5/6k tops.

DaveF
19-04-2014, 09:21 PM

I'm pretty certain I stood in a crowd of around 3500 for a midweek league cup game (Montrose maybe).

Crowds of 4 or 5000 were regular back in 80s.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Genuine question and not intened to come across otherwise, but are you content to sit it out and wait for RP to leave or have you (will you) take any sort of pro-active action to get him out? I'm not suggesting a one man walking placard protest :greengrin but just wondering if you were a silent departure from the ER ranks or a noisy one.

Happy to debate mate and I don't take anything personally don't worry :greengrin:aok:

My mind was made up after hearing about Pat's summer window and the lack of Rod really backing him - added to the fact I was unhappy at Pat and his lack of real professionalism (which I will keep to myself).

There is literally nothing that Rod and the Board will understand other than people walking away - and trust me it's gut wrenching to walk away. No amount of placards or banners will oust him. But crowds of 6000 might. I'm willing to take that chance and I'll explain why.

Sir Tom owns the club along with Rod - do they want to take the hit themselves ? Of course not - but can they absorb it financially - yes they can because when you buy a football club you ride with the punches and you have to put in when it's really required, or why bother.

For seasons Hibs supporters have put their hard earned in, for little back but embarrassment. Plus a lot of their cash has gone towards paying off staff who they have hired, and have failed. That rips my knitting so to speak.

There is absolutely no first team football strategy from Rod Petrie - other than stupidity and throwaway remarks like 'why go for second when first is there to go for' - jeez that is straight out of the David Brent school of positivity.

He has to go and the only way is for people to walk - I've mailed the club and met with Lindsay and was far from impressed. What I saw was a suit who didn't love football and didn't love Hibs. And despite anyone saying to me that the board are 'Hibs supporters', they are not - they don't sit with fans, they don't visit schools, colleges or places where a fan base can be built - they sit at Easter Road an humour us all. Simple as that.

I hate the fact I'm not going back - but my mind is made up. And results like today help my cause because one day soon they will need to step in and either 1) play the youth, which I am a huge supporter of or 2) put their own money in or 3) walk away.

I don't shout or scream abuse at players or the manager at games and I'm not starting now. I'm quietly walking away until Rod goes mate.

DaveF
19-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Happy to debate mate and I don't take anything personally don't worry :greengrin:aok:

My mind was made up after hearing about Pat's summer window and the lack of Rod really backing him - added to the fact I was unhappy at Pat and his lack of real professionalism (which I will keep to myself).

There is literally nothing that Rod and the Board will understand other than people walking away - and trust me it's gut wrenching to walk away. No amount of placards or banners will oust him. But crowds of 6000 might. I'm willing to take that chance and I'll explain why.

Sir Tom owns the club along with Rod - do they want to take the hit themselves ? Of course not - but can they absorb it financially - yes they can because when you buy a football club you ride with the punches and you have to put in when it's really required, or why bother.

For seasons Hibs supporters have put their hard earned in, for little back but embarrassment. Plus a lot of their cash has gone towards paying off staff who they have hired, and have failed. That rips my knitting so to speak.

There is absolutely no first team football strategy from Rod Petrie - other than stupidity and throwaway remarks like 'why go for second when first is there to go for' - jeez that is straight out of the David Brent school of positivity.

He has to go and the only way is for people to walk - I've mailed the club and met with Lindsay and was far from impressed. What I saw was a suit who didn't love football and didn't love Hibs. And despite anyone saying to me that the board are 'Hibs supporters', they are not - they don't sit with fans, they don't visit schools, colleges or places where a fan base can be built - they sit at Easter Road an humour us all. Simple as that.

I hate the fact I'm not going back - but my mind is made up. And results like today help my cause because one day soon they will need to step in and either 1) play the youth, which I am a huge supporter of or 2) put their own money in or 3) walk away.

I don't shout or scream abuse at players or the manager at games and I'm not starting now. I'm quietly walking away until Rod goes mate.

Top post and difficult to pick any holes in it, even if I wanted to.

Totally agree with your sentiments but I'm not prepared to (or could) walk away from supporting the team. Aware that's at odds with my agreement of your post but that's how it is - for now.

emerald green
19-04-2014, 09:45 PM

Nothing is going to change until STF & Petrie are gone, but that leaves the question of who takes over the ownership and running of the club? I will probably get shot down in flames for even suggesting this, but would going down the road of fan ownership be an option? Can it be any worse than the malaise which has engulfed our club for years? :tin hat:

leggeto
19-04-2014, 09:51 PM
I know about 20 guys who don't go anymore,I can't even give my spare away for free nowadays

Moon unit
19-04-2014, 10:10 PM
I know about 20 guys who don't go anymore,I can't even give my spare away for free nowadays
This...Mr Petrie is becoming the Norm!....

monktonharp
19-04-2014, 10:21 PM
If I was to offer my free P.Thistle ticket to anyone in the pub tomorrow, I'd be laughed at, and the ****s from the other side of the bar would be havin' a ball

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 12:44 AM

Its unfortunate are the club takes the above for granted. They think whatever happens on the field these fans will be back next and the week after. The club better think again.

Expect a record low home crowd for the derby next week. Don't blame fans one bit for walking away. Never acknowledged by the club for turning up time and time again.

Saorsa
20-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Until Rod goes, I'm outthat's it for me, no another ST in my name until he is gone

givescotlandfreedom
20-04-2014, 12:57 AM
There was a good crowd at Paisley today but there was little inspiration to come next week. Haynes (who did bugger all today) trying to get US up felt like a bit of an insult though.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 01:00 AM
There was a good crowd at Paisley today but there was little inspiration to come next week. Haynes (who did bugger all today) trying to get US up felt like a bit of an insult though.

He is jobby. Disgrace to the jersey along with the other 11. Send him back to notes county.

givescotlandfreedom
20-04-2014, 01:23 AM
He is jobby. Disgrace to the jersey along with the other 11. Send him back to notes county.

Yep one of the worst of a bad bunch.

Moon unit
20-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Its unfortunate are the club takes the above for granted. They think whatever happens on the field these fans will be back next and the week after. The club better think again.

Expect a record low home crowd for the derby next week. Don't blame fans one bit for walking away. Never acknowledged by the club for turning up time and time again.

Suppose the Club will still be expecting folks to stump up 28 notes plus next week for the Derby!...let's see what they come up with to try and fill the stadium to fans that have simply had enough of what's on offer?

Thecat23
20-04-2014, 07:02 AM
When Hearts win next week and they will win. I hope Petrie gets it tight. In the stands and walking out. What will it take for him to just go?? Man is a ****ing clueless clown.

Wonder how many season tickets he's cost Hibs with his ignorance and patronising of the fans.

SneakersO'Toole
20-04-2014, 07:06 AM

Tremendous post and exactly where im at.

Was offered a free ticket for the derby yesterday and turned it down. I'd rather work on my house. That wad unthinkable even a year ago.

Our chairman and board are destroying this club.

Leith Green
20-04-2014, 07:08 AM
The sad thing here is when you wonder how many of these fans will be lost for good? I honestly think Petrie and co are in for a shock next season, lots and lots of folk have just had enough..

MUPPET
20-04-2014, 07:20 AM
I have only been twice since THAT cup final and previously I was a season ticket holder for 15 years. Sad to say I'm not really missing it as any time I see Hibs on the Tv or read about them on here it sounds like they are brutal and getting worse. Also although Petrie is to blame without doubt his side kick Jamie Marwick has a bigger input than most people think and should be given it tight!

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Suppose the Club will still be expecting folks to stump up 28 notes plus next week for the Derby!...let's see what they come up with to try and fill the stadium to fans that have simply had enough of what's on offer?

You could offer tickets for free next week and not fill the ground. I've had enough. I might just stay in and watch it on tv. Petrie, gtf we are slowly dying with you at the helm.

BroxburnHibee
20-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Couple of weeks ago it was all about us having a party at theirs when it was blatantly obvious what would happen - now we have the spectacle of a relegated team coming to ours to have a massive laugh at our expense.

Anyone on here think Hearts will let their fans down????

GreenCastle
20-04-2014, 09:04 AM

:top marks

They do read these forums - 100%.

What is tragic is that there are so many fans I know also with similar views and have stopped going / buying merchandise etc and won't be back till drastic changes and a relationship is built between the board, the manager and the players.

many are fed up discussing how bad we are and offering a free ticket or talking about our players gets you laughed at.

Every fan has a breaking point and many have reached that. If we go do this season there will be a riot. If we don't then summer has to see change - big changes and not just tick box meetings set up by the board.

I consider myself a very positive person but I just can't see any light at the end of this tunnel.

Next season son will be another of mediocre rubbish and so talked transition whatever league we are in.

WestStandMoaner
20-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Good post, there should be no hiding place for Petrie and Co next week, whether we win or lose

we are hibs
20-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Got to the stage where lots of people are just losing their passion to go and watch hibs because of the lack of passion within the club to be a successful scottish football club ON the park. Next week could be the lowest hibs crowd for a derby in many years and I for one won't be back until Rod Petrie leaves and that doesn't look like happening anytime soon!

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 10:05 AM

They do read these forums - 100%.

What is tragic is that there are so many fans I know also with similar views and have stopped going / buying merchandise etc and won't be back till drastic changes and a relationship is built between the board, the manager and the players.

many are fed up discussing how bad we are and offering a free ticket or talking about our players gets you laughed at.

Every fan has a breaking point and many have reached that. If we go do this season there will be a riot. If we don't then summer has to see change - big changes and not just tick box meetings set up by the board.

I consider myself a very positive person but I just can't see any light at the end of this tunnel.

Next season son will be another of mediocre rubbish and so talked transition whatever league we are in.

If that's the case then read this. Petrie time to go and take the rest of dead wood board members with you. You are all killing this club.

TornadoHibby
20-04-2014, 10:14 AM
If that's the case then read this. Petrie time to go and take the rest of dead wood board members with you. You are all killing this club.

Never going to happen I suspect!

grunt
20-04-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm not surprised. The first two were ok, but the series just got silly after that.

Jpdhfc
20-04-2014, 10:29 AM

In with you sat yesterday with a tear in my eye as st mirren handled us easley gave my son my season ticket for a friend for next week won't be back until something changes .
48 been going to hibs games as long as can remember sad day for me .

hibee62
20-04-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty certain I stood in a crowd of around 3500 for a midweek league cup game (Montrose maybe).

Crowds of 4 or 5000 were regular back in 80s.

In the 80s? But isn't this all Petrie's fault? He's been here longer than I thought!

Greencore
20-04-2014, 10:57 AM
I won't be back until there is a big change in the board room.

Fife-Hibee
20-04-2014, 11:00 AM
and more worryingly...some will never be back

Ive been following hibs since late 60s, im one on the verge of never going back! Unlike many of my old mates who gave up a while ago and never went back. Something has to change very soon. Everyone has a cut off point and im close to mine ! Over to you hibs!

Steve-O
20-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Seems attendances have been anywhere between 7000 - 14,000 for many years.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Never going to happen I suspect!

Well if they are reading they are bound to know they are under severe pressure. The board that is.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2014, 11:29 AM
I really don't understand why Petrie is getting so much abuse, he is just doing what he is told.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 11:40 AM
I really don't understand why Petrie is getting so much abuse, he is just doing what he is told.

By who? :confused: Everybody answers to Petrie.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2014, 11:43 AM
By who? :confused: Everybody answers to Petrie.Farmer? The one who employed Petrie and obviously thinks he is doing his job well enough not to sack him.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Farmer? The one who employed Petrie and obviously thinks he is doing his job well enough not to sack him.

STM doesn't get involved. Petrie is captain of this sinking ship. He has the final say on everything. Not farmer.

very old hibby
20-04-2014, 12:47 PM
the only thing this man raises an eyebrow to is lost finance,complete match day boycott, nobody should be buying merchandise,don't purchase programmes juice,pies and alike do not use the behind the goals bar.STOP PUTTING MONEY INTO THE CLUB THAT WE ALL LOVE WHILE PETRIE AND FARMER SUFFOCATE US.

MSK
20-04-2014, 01:03 PM
the only thing this man raises an eyebrow to is lost finance,complete match day boycott, nobody should be buying merchandise,don't purchase programmes juice,pies and alike do not use the behind the goals bar.STOP PUTTING MONEY INTO THE CLUB THAT WE ALL LOVE WHILE PETRIE AND FARMER SUFFOCATE US.So that will hit the franchisers a hell of a lot more than hibs ..whats yer next plan ?

stevejordan
20-04-2014, 01:04 PM

His standard answer is we have a 5 year plan.

very old hibby
20-04-2014, 01:07 PM
well,lets hear your suggestion ya sarky git !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSK
20-04-2014, 01:13 PM
So that will hit the franchisers a hell of a lot more than hibs ..whats yer next plan ?

well,lets hear your suggestion ya sarky git !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I assume that's aimed at me ..so here goes ..you are a very old hibby so you must have been around tae know that pies, Bovril, alcohol etc etc etc etc is franchised out ..hibs prob get a rent for the premises & a tiny wee mark up on products sold ..so in effect ..it would hardly be a kick in the stanes tae Petrie et al financially..so again ..over tae you ...:aok:

very old hibby
20-04-2014, 01:23 PM
and do you no think rod make money out of every pie,pint,programme,hibs top,tshirt scarf that's bought on match day,because if we don't he aint the business man we think he is,but maybe I'm too old and not entitled to an opinion,seeing as I'm not an admin

MSK
20-04-2014, 01:29 PM
and do you no think rod make money out of every pie,pint,programme,hibs top,tshirt scarf that's bought on match day,because if we don't he aint the business man we think he is,but maybe I'm too old and not entitled to an opinion,seeing as I'm not an adminYes they prob do make a bit of money, however boycotting the stuff prob wouldnt worry the board in the slightest because it wont amount to too much ..& the bit in bold ..no need for that pish, Im a hibs supporter..same as you ..aye ..?

Hibercelona
20-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Ive been following hibs since late 60s, im one on the verge of never going back! Unlike many of my old mates who gave up a while ago and never went back. Something has to change very soon. Everyone has a cut off point and im close to mine ! Over to you hibs!

Sad times mate. As I said to you before, the club need to go back to the drawing board. The people running the club need to take a good long look at themselves and actually take some time to think about what our ambitions are as a club and exactly where they plan on taking us.

If they can't come up with the answers, then they should just leave.

very old hibby
20-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Yes they prob do make a bit of money, however boycotting the stuff prob wouldnt worry the board in the slightest because it wont amount to too much ..& the bit in bold ..no need for that pish, Im a hibs supporter..same as you ..aye ..?

very sorry,didn't intend or mean to put anything in bold,and yes we do support the same team,and it was only my oppinion

MSK
20-04-2014, 01:56 PM
very sorry,didn't intend or mean to put anything in bold,and yes we do support the same team,and it was only my oppinionOf course its your opinion & you are entitled to it ..however its a forum & from time to time folk may disagree with your opinion whether you think its right or wrong ..:aok:

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2014, 02:02 PM
very sorry,didn't intend or mean to put anything in bold,and yes we do support the same team,and it was only my oppinion

You didn't put anything in bold, GH did when he quoted it.

very old hibby
20-04-2014, 02:09 PM
sorry to have offended any one,but I am very old and cantankerous

Spike Mandela
20-04-2014, 02:23 PM
The fans are dying of boredom at ER and have been for years. They are leaving in their droves because there is simply nothing to attract them along. Petrie's cautious, frugal, softly softly approach to running a football club whilst lauded in some quarters is actually gut wretchingly BORING and a true slow lingering death.

Time for change.

silverhibee
20-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Pretty sure Petrie and the rest of the board know exactly how many die hard ST holders have not renewed this season, this season is the turning point for a lot of us, we have had enough of watching pish after pish each season, along with the departure of a manager every 18 months (if they are lucky) and said pish players that have been signed by these managers, folk have had enough it, pretty sure things would have been different if TB & co had come in and turned things around and we were in the top 6 and seeing progress with things, but it hasn't worked out that way sadly, apart from a few games at the start when TB came in things have been really poor and we are tumbling down the league and heading for the play-off's, is it the managers fault or the players, i don't really think it matters any more, there is something else at this club that seems to drain the enthusiasm out of anyone that comes to Hibs, FFS Terry Butcher looks like he is about to have a breakdown, the man has aged about 20 years since he was appointed the Hibs manager, everything has been changed at the club over the years but things just stay the same and i don't see this cycle changing any time soon while Petrie is in charge of our club.

I reckon we will finish 10th in the league this season, Butcher will bring in a few players next season that will be 4th/5th choice, things won't get better and he will be sacked round about early January and Groundhog day kicks in, it's so f***ing obvious under the regime of Petrie, he has to go, the club from top to bottom is in a mess and it seems finally a lot of fans have had enough and want change at Boardroom level and they will decide the only way they get that point over is by not renewing STs for next season, right or wrong nobody can complain after the dross that has been served up to us over the last few seasons.

Pretty sure Petrie will get the message at the weekend. :bye:

PatHead
20-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Petrie seems to have forgotten it is Hibernian FOOTBALL Club and not Hibernian Nice Ground and Training Centre Ltd. we want a product on the park.

Surely not too much to ask for?

Thanks for what you have done but it is time to go Rod

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2014, 03:24 PM
We've just got to be patient!

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 03:26 PM
We've just got to be patient!

For another 10 years...............

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2014, 03:38 PM
I was being sarcastic.

Billychaotic182
20-04-2014, 03:40 PM
The thing that angers me is they will say we need to sell season tickets to get a better transfer budget and if we don't sell many and bring in pish again it will be out faults for not buying season tickets. When really they should be giving us a reason to by with good players and attractive football. Not blackmail

Saorsa
20-04-2014, 03:46 PM
For another 10 years...............thought it was only 5 years 'til the plan worked :dunno:

5 years starting again every Monday right enough, could end up being 10 or longer.

Hibercelona
20-04-2014, 03:55 PM
The thing that angers me is they will say we need to sell season tickets to get a better transfer budget and if we don't sell many and bring in pish again it will be out faults for not buying season tickets. When really they should be giving us a reason to by with good players and attractive football. Not blackmail

The options are:

1) Give them your hard earned money and watch them squander it on rubbish while they ask you for more of your charity.

2) Don't give them your money and listen to them blame you for there being a poor standard of player.

Aldo
20-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Since 2007 we have been on the downward spiral moving from one disaster to another. Now we have reached the point of no return and we have imploded big time. Now I must say that I've been an advocate of Petrie in the was he has run the club but we are rotten to the core. Petrie paints this picture to manager about how he runs the club etc and must feed new managers some BS cos the majority haven't lasted very long. There are a number of people at fault for our situation at this moment in time and Petrie heads that list. We need leadership at our club however I feel it should be from the top down and it is severely lacking. I personally think it's time Petrie moved on for the benefit of our club.

Hibercelona
20-04-2014, 04:03 PM
I personally think it's time Petrie moved in for the benefit of our club.

I know he's never around as much as he should be. But moving in would be a step too far. :greengrin

Aldo
20-04-2014, 04:06 PM
I know he's never around as much as he should be. But moving in would be a step too far. :greengrin

Changed that. Doh!!

GreenCastle
20-04-2014, 07:20 PM

We we we have stood up and been counted so many times we no return.

you go the cinema to see entertainment and you pay as you have seen the trailer and think you will enjoy it.

You buy a car / house as you have seen the potential and the are sometimes investing in the future.

Hibs seem to try and con us / sell it to us / try make us fell guilty that it's our fault if they don't raise money to get players.

The club needs to provide entertainment / show potential and fans will support the product.

Wasted money and severe lack of value for money makes only the complete die hards buy.

i love the club but I need some sort of return or improvement to make me want to invest - many have given up a while ago - as a result our home attendances and revenue streams have dropped.

Beefster
20-04-2014, 07:48 PM
I'll defend the right of folk to choose whether they go to the games/renew/whatever. Lost fans can hardly be called 'diehard' though.

It's the folk who are continuing to go to games and renew STs, despite the utter misery of what they have to endure, that are the diehards.

gegs70
20-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Hibs once sold hibs as an "entertaining brand of football" or something to that effect during the Mowbray years. but at the moment we can't even win. Ugly.

If you say we are losing die hard fans we certainly won't be getting any new young supporters.

Breaks my heart but I will still support them more in blind faith than enjoyment!!

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Hibs once sold hibs as an "entertaining brand of football" or something to that effect during the Mowbray years. but at the moment we can't even win. Ugly.

If you say we are losing die hard fans we certainly won't be getting any new young supporters.

Breaks my heart but I will still support them more in blind faith than enjoyment!!

We haven't seen that for years.

Baldy Foghorn
20-04-2014, 08:23 PM
I'll defend the right of folk to choose whether they go to the games/renew/whatever. Lost fans can hardly be called 'diehard' though.

It's the folk who are continuing to go to games and renew STs, despite the utter misery of what they have to endure, that are the diehards.

Careful Beefster, someone will be along shortly to label you an uberfan

gegs70
20-04-2014, 10:26 PM
We haven't seen that for years.

Too true!!! But this season we are crap and just to make matters worse have no goalscorer.